PDA

View Full Version : Tomb raider in Playstation Network

dvd84
17th Jul 2009, 07:33
From yesterday there is available Tomb Raider Anniversary in Playstation Network to download. I believe that 14 € is a bit expensive.
I hope that more Tomb Raiders in PSN like Tomb Raider 1-5, Legend, Beneath the ashes and Lara's shadow.
A great idea Eidos. :D

Sina_Croft
17th Jul 2009, 08:41
I believe only Legend will join the group. The others are not in CD's / Eidos hands.

Ants_27_
17th Jul 2009, 08:55
I wish it were the originals though, I would love to play them on psp, remote play just isn't the same.:mad2:

Mr Croft
17th Jul 2009, 09:16
OMG where? In the PS3 Store? And what country?

Ants_27_
17th Jul 2009, 09:21
OMG where? In the PS3 Store? And what country?

I'm guessing the Europe one and probably Japan.

Mr Croft
17th Jul 2009, 09:23
I'm guessing the Europe one and probably Japan.

Nope, the portuguese store doesn't have it. :hmm:

Edit - Nevermind, I went to check again and it does have it! I wasn't expecting this to be honest.

Ants_27_
17th Jul 2009, 09:27
Nope, the portuguese store doesn't have it. :hmm:

Edit - Nevermind, I went to check again and it does have it! I wasn't expecting this to be honest.

Ah, I was going to say that Sony don't seem to understand what countries are classed as Europe:lol: They tend to miss some out:nut:

Dusk Knight
17th Jul 2009, 10:04
It looks like (http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/07/16/playstation-store-update-%E2%80%93-16th-july-2009/) it's just a digital distribution of the PSP version, which has already been released on UMD.
I was thinking it was a PS3 port at first glance but it's not.

Good news for anyone in Europe planning to get PSP Go, though.

Mr Croft
17th Jul 2009, 10:24
Ah, I was going to say that Sony don't seem to understand what countries are classed as Europe:lol: They tend to miss some out:nut:

Well, it's not in the portuguese store. My bad. :hmm:

jayjay119
17th Jul 2009, 16:20
I believe only Legend will join the group. The others are not in CD's / Eidos hands.

They are in Eidos' hands, they own the publishing rights to every game. I would bet on seeing TR1-5 on PSN soon, there is a lot of PSone classix being put on there lately. Don't know whether AOD will be uploaded or TRL. TRA was probably only put on there because it was made fully downloadable for 'XboxLive'

rg_001100
18th Jul 2009, 09:18
From yesterday there is available Tomb Raider Anniversary in Playstation Network to download. I believe that 14 € is a bit expensive.
Just looking on my PSP now it's $30 NZD. Yes, pricey considering I already have a UMD (after losing a copy of it :P), but I think that's still cheaper than default [last time I checked].

I hope that more Tomb Raiders in PSN like Tomb Raider 1-5, Legend, Beneath the ashes and Lara's shadow.
A great idea Eidos. :D

I wish it were the originals though, I would love to play them on psp, remote play just isn't the same.:mad2:
I have to admit that "Tomb raider in Playstation Network" made me hope that this was the case. :p Oh well, I can keep on hoping. :D

Good news for anyone in Europe planning to get PSP Go, though.
:thumbsup:
Bad news for anyone already with a copy of the UMD, depending on what the story is for UMD-owners with the PSP Go. :(
(Actually, this news doesn't really affect anyone in that situation, unless the plan is to completely ignore the UMDs with the PSP Go... this would be better, then, when they do finally ditch UMDs altogether).

They are in Eidos' hands, they own the publishing rights to every game. I would bet on seeing TR1-5 on PSN soon, there is a lot of PSone classix being put on there lately. Don't know whether AOD will be uploaded or TRL. TRA was probably only put on there because it was made fully downloadable for 'XboxLive'
I would dread to see AoD on the PSP. I would download it just for seeing it, but I don't think it would be a good match. (AoD's controls were/are bad enough without putting them on the ever so limited PSP's controls...).
TR:L would be good to see if only for the multiplayer. (So I don't need to find a second UMD if my mate has a PSP).

Sina_Croft
18th Jul 2009, 09:28
Yeah, I made a mistake by saying with Eidos' hands :o I meant with how Eidos is going to port it, but PS3 is backwards compatible or something like that ;p
I only think because of that last sentence.

TR:L would be good to see if only for the multiplayer.
Multiplayer? :confused:
How's that?

rg_001100
18th Jul 2009, 09:36
Multiplayer? :confused:
How's that?

TR:L for the PSP has/had "Tomb Trials"... and that has/had a multiplayer option.
(The Tomb Trials were good for the PSP, they are mini-levels that are quite fun. They wouldn't have worked in the "big" version, though).

dvd84
18th Jul 2009, 10:25
In my country (Spain) now TRA and TRL are to 15 € in UMD, because of it I say that it seems to me to be expensive that in PSN is to the same price.

Jinnyskeans
18th Jul 2009, 12:00
can pick both legend and anniversary up for about £20 in a little boxset thinger
(£20 for both games ent bad)

Dusk Knight
24th Jul 2009, 05:12
I thought this news was worth posting here, and it looks like it hasn't been posted yet.

I just checked the US PSN store, and the PSP versions of Legend and Anniversary are available for download. They are US$12.99 each, which is a pretty good deal considering what I paid for the UMD versions. It's good news the upcoming PSP Go. For getting both on the regular PSP, I recommend at least a 4GB memory stick since they are a little over 1GB each.

Now... how about those PS1 classics, Eidos? :flowers:

Golden Laurel
25th Jul 2009, 05:15
I know i saw that too!! i was like whoa what this!!!!? then i realised it was just the psp things, but it comes with a theme that i REALY want... cept... i already have the game.

Id love to see tomb raider in the PS1 classics section, i was surprised it wasnt :eek:

edit: oh and i love the work youve done on LBP!!!!

Dusk Knight
25th Jul 2009, 06:25
Yeah, I also wanted that theme but I already have the game too...

I never owned copies of the PS1 games though, so I would gladly buy them.

edit: oh and i love the work youve done on LBP!!!!
Thank you. I've recently been back working on that BTA level I mentioned a long time ago. It's almost done but I have some problems with overheating to resolve before I can complete it. For those not familiar with LBP, that's the in-game term for the level being too full, not something wrong with my PS3.

Edit: TRA and TRL PSP themes are now on the PSN store as of the July 30 update. I'm not in the habit of buying premium themes, but I think I might have to make an exception for Tomb Raider.

Dragu Slave
20th Sep 2011, 07:50
Quick question.

Does TR 1 of the EU PSN have the same frame rate of PAL games or is it faster now, like NTSC?

Scion_Powered
18th Oct 2011, 01:45
I would get TR3 if only they would the lost artifact on it. Always wanted t play the extra levels.

RaiderMark
6th Nov 2011, 23:12
downloaded all of these not aged very well though!

Hoodedclaw
9th Dec 2011, 15:27
I think it's a great idea to bring back the classics of TR because they are very hard to get now I heard and very expensive.

I noticed that they now have TR avatars on the psn store (new ID avatars) they are awsome and only 20 p in Britain.