PDA

View Full Version : Harley Quinn

cpmd4
15th Jul 2009, 19:57
So the new trailer that came out the other day highlights the big name characters that have been announced so far, The Joker, Poison Ivy, Killer Croc and Bane.

However, I noticed it did not mention Harley Quinn.

In the video is Harley, but for only a few seconds, and all it does is show Batman knocking her down, and it does not look like it's a player controlled event. It's also right after the "every victory" text that pops up.

Now, I am a little concerned that Harley will not have the epic boss fight I expected, but just a cutscene of what we've saw or something similar. I mean, this site even gives her the attributes of surprising strength and stamina and gymnastic skills, which I thought would make for a good fight.

Maybe I'm being a bit rash here, but the reason I thought this is because the only other villain announced that isn't in the video is Zsasz, who we all know is simply for a tutorial.

Anyway, I'd like to hear your thoughts and opinions. Here's the video. (http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14273490/batman-arkham-asylum/videos/batman_trl_villains_70809.html)

darrinwright
15th Jul 2009, 20:00
Don't know... maybe the people who rate the games (like the ESRB in the US) didn't like the idea of Batman beating up on a woman. That'd be a partial reason why the Poison Ivy battle might be just Bats vs Plant.

I hope that's not the case, though.

Im_Batman
15th Jul 2009, 20:45
I'd take a guess and say that cut scene is right before the boss fight with her

Reecio
16th Jul 2009, 00:06
Shouldn't be a problem since Batman doesn't kill anyone and self defence is never wrong! Surely?

EliteF50
16th Jul 2009, 00:10
She's probably going to be like Zsazs.

scarecrow22
16th Jul 2009, 00:11
HEY! ZSASZ is not just in the tutorial! he shows up later in the game to make an interesting tactical fight
and im sure there will be a boss fight for harley, dont worry about it!

vulcanraven213
16th Jul 2009, 00:53
The way i justified it was that they were showing people who are commited to the Asylum. If im not mistaken she is a "guest" of Arkham at the time this game takes place.

CaptainMcMulla
16th Jul 2009, 06:48
I think there will be a boss fight its just one of things where you knock the person out a few times easily then they come back stronger.

gaiking2003
16th Jul 2009, 10:52
i think she will be the first boss fight or second
i also think the video shown is the end of the her boss fight
now my head hurt with all that thinking

HeartlessSystem
16th Jul 2009, 11:51
Don't know... maybe the people who rate the games (like the ESRB in the US) didn't like the idea of Batman beating up on a woman. That'd be a partial reason why the Poison Ivy battle might be just Bats vs Plant.

I hope that's not the case, though.

personally I think thats sexist if its true

Sivart
16th Jul 2009, 17:33
It is. But face it, we live in a sexist world.

Part of me kind of hopes that's all Harley gets, for the sheer comedic value of it. In a straight hand-to-hand fight, Batman does beat several of his villains flat out in a way that wouldn't be that fun to play. Ivy, Joker, and Harley all come up as such characters. They fight Batman more with weapons based on their various themes.

EliteF50
16th Jul 2009, 17:44
HEY! ZSASZ is not just in the tutorial! he shows up later in the game to make an interesting tactical fight
and im sure there will be a boss fight for harley, dont worry about it!

I know, but he doesn't get a huge cut-scene with epic-sauce all over it.

Batman The Trailer Hunter
16th Jul 2009, 17:56
It is. But face it, we live in a sexist world.

Part of me kind of hopes that's all Harley gets, for the sheer comedic value of it. In a straight hand-to-hand fight, Batman does beat several of his villains flat out in a way that wouldn't be that fun to play. Ivy, Joker, and Harley all come up as such characters. They fight Batman more with weapons based on their various themes.

Batman Returns, "Eat Floor, High Fiber!"

bouncybullet
21st Jul 2009, 21:34
Just read 'Joker'....

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/AdrianBettAnd/Screenshot2009-07-21at24027PM.png

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/AdrianBettAnd/Screenshot2009-07-21at24454PM.png

liked it.

The jackhammer
21st Jul 2009, 22:20
...............indeed

JawsFanJesse
21st Jul 2009, 22:21
...............indeed

the jackhammer -> :naughty:

Game Weasel
21st Jul 2009, 22:33

This is my prediction. I'd be very surprised if Harley or Ivy actual have a hand to hand fight with Batman that's not in a cutscene.
Ivy's become a proficient hand to hand combatant in her time as a villain, but she's nothing compared to the Bat.
Harley's had her speed and agility enhanced by a toxin Ivy gave her, but speed alone doesn't make up for the training Batman has.

Not to mention there's just the weight and power factor. He's much bigger than them, and he's in armor. They're not going to be able to do alot against him in a hand to hand fight.

I predict Harley's fight will either be a cinematic or a quick-time event, and Ivy's actual boss fight will be against her plants, once you get her free of them she'll go down fast, likely in a cutscene.

Riddling Artist
22nd Jul 2009, 04:17
well... that would suck. i was looking forward to all the boss fights to be epic. not just Quick time events or cinematics... i hope the joker fight isnt like that... (if its like MGS4s last boss fight ill accept that but a cinematic would ruin it.)

Game Weasel
22nd Jul 2009, 04:26
well... that would suck. i was looking forward to all the boss fights to be epic. not just Quick time events or cinematics... i hope the joker fight isnt like that... (if its like MGS4s last boss fight ill accept that but a cinematic would ruin it.)

I'm sure the Joker's will be a real fight, or something similar to MGS4s, like you said. They wouldn't have the final baddie of the game be taken down in a cinematic of QT event. :)

scarecrow22
22nd Jul 2009, 06:05
I know, but he doesn't get a huge cut-scene with epic-sauce all over it.

Haha yea thats true