PDA

View Full Version : Xbox360 or PS3 or Both.

seifullaah73
15th Jul 2009, 12:21
Looking at the consoles and hearing things i have heard that the ps3 is better then xbox 360 i never got to really know much about xbox360 i have concerned with ps3 on how much good it is i never gave xbox360 a chance.

so what makes xbox360 good?
which is better out of both or are they both good that each has its own benefit the other doesn't have?

prove to me why the xbox360 is a good console?

GoranAgar
15th Jul 2009, 12:25
Game consoles. Pffffffft.

;)

LARALOVERnr1
15th Jul 2009, 12:32
Xbox 360 is better if you ask me. but thats just me.

seifullaah73
15th Jul 2009, 12:43
what do you like about xbox360 compared to ps3 that you find it better.

_Love2Raid_
15th Jul 2009, 12:51
Ask here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=90976

Just kidding!!! :lol:

If you are sure you want one of them, I recommend you to do the following:

1. Check out the games available for each console, they have their own exclusives. Which games do you like most?

2. Take note of this:

- Price
XBOX360 is a cheaper console than the PS3.

- Online gaming and service
PS3 offers free online gaming through the Playstation Network. XBOX Live Gold is a paid service, not that expensive though and you get a good 'online gaming experience' in return. ;)
The PS3 has 'Home', the XBOX has funny 'Avatars' you can create. I have no personal experience with the PS Network, but I do know that I like the XBOX Live system a lot. It's easy to use and you can check your Achievements and current Downloads while you are playing with the press of a button, same for chatting, inviting friends to online parties and such. I bet the PSN has something similar though.

- Downloading DLC and other stuff
I think (not 100% sure) you need a credit card if you want to buy stuff from the Playstation Network. For XBOX, you will need Microsoft Points, which can be purchased at any gaming shop or simply online.

- Wireless connection
If you want to get wireless on the XBOX, you will need to buy something extra. This is not very cheap...

- Hardware
They say that the PS3 is not at it's maximum capacity when you play current games, but the XBOX is. Although, when you look at screenshots from for example Tomb Raider Underworld, there is no (visible) difference. Neither during gameplay, it runs perfectly on both systems.

- Noise
The XBOX is quite noisy, but it becomes much much more silent when you install a game on the Hard Drive (so make sure you don't get the Arcade :rasp:). The PS3 may seem silent, but when the ventilator/fan starts...it produces quite a loud sound. ;)

- RROD
I bet you have heard of the Red Ring of Death (or Doom), which is an error that can occur on the XBOX. But don't worry, it has become much less common on the newer systems. Just make sure you keep it on a well-ventilated spot.

- Extra stuff
The PS3 has Blue ray. I don't know if you are interested in Blue ray at all, because this is one of the major reasons a PS3 is so expensive.

Well, that's about it. As you can see, the most important things to keep in mind are which games you want to play, and how much money you want to spend.

Good luck deciding! :wave:

Flintmelody
15th Jul 2009, 12:54
PS3 is the better console in my oppion.

Xbox360 has better online play and the TR DLC's. For games, Blue ray and most other things PS3 wins it for me.

seifullaah73
15th Jul 2009, 14:59
i think the PS3 does it for me!
i don't know but i don't like xbox360 like the games such as halo, they charge for live as ps3 is for free.
i also like the graphics on ps3 over xbox360 so thanks for the help.

what is DLC.

_Love2Raid_
15th Jul 2009, 15:38
Downloadable Content. Like the add-on levels Beneath the Ashes and Lara's Shadow for Tomb Raider Underworld, which are XBOX-exclusive btw :whistle:

chriss_99
15th Jul 2009, 15:42
There is nothing better than a PC :D If you have a good computer, it beats both consoles. And the games are a lot cheaper for a PC ;)

jayjay119
15th Jul 2009, 18:17
Personally I prefer the PS3.....reasons follow

- Price
XBOX360 is a cheaper console than the PS3.

I believe this to be a misconception these days. Really, if you want a 360 you really must get an ELITE just to stand up to PS3's specs such as HDMI capability and to avoid all the software malfunctions that the earlier models have, and even then its not 100% certain. My friend had an ELITE that got the ring of death 2 days after he bought it! The prices in between an ELITE and a PS3 aren't that different now, especially taking into context the 'extras' you must buy for 360. For Example the following are price examples from GAME!

Console (Elite) + 2 games = £240.00
Plug and play charge kit = £15.00
Wireless Adapter = £ 50.00
Gold LIVE subscription (1 year) = 35.00

Total= £340

PS3
Console + 2 games = £300.00
Charge kit = £00.00 (comes in the box)
Wireless adapter= £ 00.00 (PS3 has WiFi)
PSN subscription= £00.00

Total = £ 300.00

PS3 here turns out to be better value by £40

- Online gaming and service

The PS3 has 'Home', the XBOX has funny 'Avatars' you can create. I have no personal experience with the PS Network, but I do know that I like the XBOX Live system a lot. It's easy to use and you can check your Achievements and current Downloads while you are playing with the press of a button, same for chatting, inviting friends to online parties and such. I bet the PSN has something similar though.

By the sounds of things the two systems are virtually the same, but then again they would be! I have not tried 'HOME' on PSN yet so can't comment but both PSN and Live are easy to use and good services.

- Downloading DLC and other stuff
I think (not 100% sure) you need a credit card if you want to buy stuff from the Playstation Network. For XBOX, you will need Microsoft Points, which can be purchased at any gaming shop or simply online.

You don't need a credit card, a debit card will do, but i don't know if that is what you meant. With live you must buy points, and I've heard the amount they are bought at is weird for the amount DLC is priced at. On PSN you buy directly however, if you buy at an odd amount such as £3.99 PSN will say you have to put £5 in you wallet and then you keep the change for later use! Easier to process probably!

- Hardware
They say that the PS3 is not at it's maximum capacity when you play current games, but the XBOX is. Although, when you look at screenshots from for example Tomb Raider Underworld, there is no (visible) difference. Neither during gameplay, it runs perfectly on both systems.

I have heard this too, I doubt that 360 is running at full capacity just yet but I think PS3 is starting to cast a shadow on it now. From looking at the specs of both PS3 and 360 evenly , the PS3 does have higher ones, more/ better graphics chips etc one of which being an Nvidia chip which are used in top end gaming computers, plus given that 360 was launched 2 years prior to PS3 also, it isn;t surprising that PS3 can do more and with developers slowly familiarizing themselves with how PS3 works I think we will see what it is truly capable of soon enough!

- Noise
The XBOX is quite noisy, but it becomes much much more silent when you install a game on the Hard Drive (so make sure you don't get the Arcade :rasp:). The PS3 may seem silent, but when the ventilator/fan starts...it produces quite a loud sound. ;)

Being completely honest, my PS3 makes hardly any noise but then again the ventilators and fans on a PS3 are not used as much as on the 360, when I had mine they were constantly going and the noise was unreal.

- RROD
I bet you have heard of the Red Ring of Death (or Doom), which is an error that can occur on the XBOX. But don't worry, it has become much less common on the newer systems. Just make sure you keep it on a well-ventilated spot.

This is why I stated above that you really need an ELITE, the risks are much lower from what i have heard but still there unfortunately. One thing that Puts PS3 above 360 for me is this problem of software & hardware malfunction. I have had 2 360's up to now, the first one stopped playing games and they swapped it in store. The disk tray on the second one constantly jammed for no good reason. Then I got the ring of death and found that my motherboard had to be replaced due to overheating of the console, despite the constant running of fans and the fact the console was as aerated as much as it could be besides hanging it out the window! My PS3 hasn't had any problems.

- Extra stuff
The PS3 has Blue ray. I don't know if you are interested in Blue ray at all, because this is one of the major reasons a PS3 is so expensive.

PS3 does have blu ray which is said to be another plus for PS3 over 360 , that the disks can hold more game info, but with the increase in DLC, the trend for unbelievably short games this gen, and the fact that Blu ray wont be main stream for at least a year thenits a bit redundant!

There is nothing better than a PC :D If you have a good computer, it beats both consoles. And the games are much cheaper for a PC ;)

Yes but you have to buy all the upgrades and patches for PC's which aren't that cheap. In my mind a computer that you have to constantly keep upgrading versus a console that can play it anyway is a no brainer.. but i've never like computer gaming anyway!

d1n0_xD
15th Jul 2009, 18:19
I personally like PC gaming too...Yes,you have to upgrade all the time...but PC is a PC,man:D

josh1122
15th Jul 2009, 19:19
I prefer 360 to be honest. But I have all 3 systems, PS3,360,Wii.

I don't play the whole ''this system is better than this one'' routine that most people do. I always tell people just choose a system that is most convenient to you both playability wise and financially. Both 360 and PS3 has their ups and downs and are pretty identical in my opinion

seifullaah73
15th Jul 2009, 19:23
Yep, thats right i think ps3 is better then xbox360 but PC beats all these consoles.
i do like games for pc but there are games which i prefer on consoles over pc to enjoy it properly.

Downloadable Content. Like the add-on levels Beneath the Ashes and Lara's Shadow for Tomb Raider Underworld, which are XBOX-exclusive btw

xbox -exclusive is it :confused::rolleyes:

_Love2Raid_
15th Jul 2009, 19:31
Personally I prefer the PS3.....reasons follow

Console (Elite) + 2 games = £240.00
Plug and play charge kit = £15.00
Wireless Adapter = £ 50.00
Gold LIVE subscription (1 year) = 35.00

Total= £340

PS3
Console + 2 games = £300.00
Charge kit = £00.00 (comes in the box)
Wireless adapter= £ 00.00 (PS3 has WiFi)
PSN subscription= £00.00

Total = £ 300.00

PS3 here turns out to be better value by £40

This is correct. But this is based on the Elite version of the 360. If you decide to buy the Arcade (don't!), it will be cheaper. :)

Rexie
15th Jul 2009, 19:33
Console war! *ding ding*

josh1122
15th Jul 2009, 19:33
Wireless adapter is not a requirement for 360, its optional

@Rexie

yup here we go again lol. I hate when these things start up

seifullaah73
15th Jul 2009, 19:40
It was my plan all along :rasp::lol:

JK this was just so i could chose which one is better i have chosen ps3.
so lets end the topic here.

Meemers
15th Jul 2009, 19:45
Idk which, I've never played those systems.

But if i were to choose i would say Xbox360 since it's cheaper......but ok, Did you really get the PS3?

jayjay119
16th Jul 2009, 13:07
This is correct. But this is based on the Elite version of the 360. If you decide to buy the Arcade (don't!), it will be cheaper. :)

Yes but like I said earlier if you want a decent 360 you need an ELITE, and like you say... don't buy the arcade version!

Wireless adapter is not a requirement for 360, its optional

I know but neither is buying an elite, the way i matched up the prices makes the consoles' specs even.

Pulse
16th Jul 2009, 13:24
I have an arcade.... but I had spare HDMI cables and I bought a hard drive so it isn't to different from a regular one now, right?

jayjay119
16th Jul 2009, 13:29
Depends when you bought it, you can use HDMI on any model made post 2007 , the arcade and premium version from before then only support composite AV.

Pulse
16th Jul 2009, 13:46
I got it for Christmas so Huzzah it's good.