PDA

View Full Version : Tr9

mikey716
14th Jul 2009, 03:45
Should we keep tha old lara making a few changes or just change tha whole body CHooSE

Meemers
14th Jul 2009, 03:50
I think Lara's too life like at this point...........

IvanaKC
14th Jul 2009, 06:50
is old Lara underworld Lara?

Flintmelody
14th Jul 2009, 14:27
Not sure if you mean Core, TRL/TRA or TRU as in the old Lara look.

Whichever though the top 2 seem right but a full change in Lara's look is a definite no for me.

LARALOVERnr1
15th Jul 2009, 12:14
Looove the TR:L look! :D

Katie_Fleming
15th Jul 2009, 13:10
Bring back Lara from the classics: biography, attitude, everything, but of course upgrade graphically for today's technology.

It would really awesome if they could summon up some old Core employees and get their input - those guys nailed it every time.

Pulse
15th Jul 2009, 13:31
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Keep Crystal's bio. That way Lara has a much darker past (which I love) and there isn't that pedo Von Croy.

Katie_Fleming
15th Jul 2009, 13:34
I think Crystal has really split up the fan base. Fans of the classics aren't huge fans of the new stuff, and new fans (of TR7-TRU) seem to only like the newer games. Gotta bridge the gap...

chriss_99
15th Jul 2009, 15:51
I don't really think it's Crystal's fault that the fanbase, as you say, has split up. It's the attitude of some people. Not everyone seem to accept the fact that times change, video games change and Lara changes. I don't really get what is wrong with Crystal's Lara? Some people say she has this MOMMY attitude. I don't understand. For me it's the same Lara she has always been and I am a fan since 1996. Maybe she evolved a bit, but that's a good thing, everything evolves. Why Lara should be stuck in the 90s?

Golden Laurel
15th Jul 2009, 16:40
I think lara needs a braid, and a tougher looking face (bad a** like the classics)

jayjay119
15th Jul 2009, 17:37
I think the classic Lara look should be preserved and bettered, maybe work along the lines of TRA Lara. To me Lara always looked to cartoon like, I'd like to see her looking like a real person for once!

josh1122
15th Jul 2009, 19:23
It would really awesome if they could summon up some old Core employees and get their input - those guys nailed it every time.

I disagree with this statement

mikey716
16th Jul 2009, 22:18
well i think they should makes very few changes
it all depends on how there making tha game

R they making it on one of her old adventures from wen she was younng

or......

is this taking place after underworld

well maybe thts not her real look maybe there just testing out looks for lara

we never kno

and who knows maybe this look might be good after all

but i dnt like

GeorgeMaciver
16th Jul 2009, 23:12
I've just read the story for TR9. Sounds like a shoot em up, like they did with Dino Crisis 2 and that was the end of Dino Crisis. Turn Tomb Raider into a shoot em up and I'll guarantee you that's the end of Tomb Raider.

Don't believe me? Check Dino Crisis, a classic, and Dino Crisis 2, a total pile of pish and the end of what could have been a gaming phenomenon.

chriss_99
17th Jul 2009, 08:00
I agree with you. I loved Dino Crisis but the DC2 felt like a completely different game. The atmosphere of the game was ripped off. I hope this won't happen to Tomb Raider.

Flintmelody
17th Jul 2009, 13:57

Yes. Definately. That would be a great idea. Some of the Core team would be a big help to CD (especially if it's an origin story). If an origin story can link to events in the Core games that scores CD big points with the old skoolers.

I don't really think it's Crystal's fault that the fanbase, as you say, has split up. It's the attitude of some people. Not everyone seem to accept the fact that times change, video games change and Lara changes. I don't really get what is wrong with Crystal's Lara? Some people say she has this MOMMY attitude. I don't understand.

I agree with you it isn't Crystal's fault. I myself am on the old skool side of things and been there since the start. The Core Lara is whitty, funny and very fearless. CD TRL also got Lara's personallity really very right.

TRA/TRU brought the big problem with the 'MOMMY' attitude. Lara was emotional throught the 2 games with hardly a whitty line or reckless stunt throughout. If you hear the dialogue of TRA you see that a lot of the brilliant one liners from the original have been replaced by stupid dull lectures. TRU Lara had very little edgyness or character. I want to see more edgyness, comedy and attitude put back into Lara. No more emotional stuff.

As for the look of Lara I think CD are doing okay provided they stick with what makes Lara, Lara and don't go that non-Lara look in the concept art.

mikey716
17th Jul 2009, 15:02
kinda confused is this tha offcial story or is it just AN IDEA???????:confused:

Katie_Fleming
17th Jul 2009, 15:09
kinda confused is this tha offcial story or is it just AN IDEA???????:confused:

Nothing official has been released yet.

Yes. Definately. That would be a great idea. Some of the Core team would be a big help to CD (especially if it's an origin story). If an origin story can link to events in the Core games that scores CD big points with the old skoolers.

Excellent point - I think mixing the two teams could be an excellent idea. Have to find all the employees first though and see if any are willing to come back.

I've just read the story for TR9. Sounds like a shoot em up, like they did with Dino Crisis 2 and that was the end of Dino Crisis. Turn Tomb Raider into a shoot em up and I'll guarantee you that's the end of Tomb Raider.

Agreed (Hey George!:wave:) That's what I loved instantly about TR. It was a perfect mix of adventure and shooting. Make it just one and ****

jayjay119
17th Jul 2009, 16:00

I disagree with this statement

As do I in parts, Core certainly never hit the nail on the head every time, hense the project being taken away from them. But to that extent CD haven't really hit the nail on the head once yet. They're getting closer but not quite there. I think marrying the teams would be a good idea. Core were better at story, animation, atmosphere and level design. CD are better at controls, camera and are good at story too. I think Marrying the two groups might be a good thing that TR needs.

Don't believe me? Check Dino Crisis, a classic, and Dino Crisis 2, a total pile of pish and the end of what could have been a gaming phenomenon.

How can a story sound like a shoot 'em up? That's a style of gameplay not a story! And I think you will finds the vast majority of Dino Crisis fans, like I will say it was Dino Crisis 3 that killed the series. Compared to that DC2 was heaven!

Nothing official has been released yet.
Excellent point - I think mixing the two teams could be an excellent idea. Have to find all the employees first though and see if any are willing to come back.

I agree, I'm sure some would come back. There were willing to come back for their version of TRA and the guys at Core generally loved TR. Who knows with Toby back and CD hiring for the next TR game.. maybe they have hired some former Core ppl!

Matze992
26th Sep 2009, 18:40
I voted for: take old lara and make a few changes
But I meant the Lara from TRL / TRA, this looks I liked the most. The TRU Lara seems to be more real than the world you are playing in. It's a game, so keep it a game. We don't want to hurt others or ourselves only because we do it in the game. So it hasn't to look too real, because it's not real. ( No I don't want the Lara model from TR1 with her boobs she needs a weapon-license for :D
I hope everyone understands my post, sry I'm from Germany and I don't speak/write English all day ^^