PDA

View Full Version : Should this game have a customized Batman?

Sterlington
14th Jul 2009, 03:19
I really feel like this game should have it. Opinions?

KillerCroc
14th Jul 2009, 03:20
No. We get to upgrade gadgets, that's all I want.

SammiiDoogles
14th Jul 2009, 03:20
Have a customized batman? or the option to customize him?

KillerCroc
14th Jul 2009, 03:22
Sammii have you left at all? Excited about your first day I take it?

SammiiDoogles
14th Jul 2009, 03:25
Sammii have you left at all? Excited about your first day I take it?

Haha i Left my laptop on, so it does look like ive been here all day :p

But yeah, first days good :p
Im a bit worried people will start to treat me differently though,
i'm the same old Sammii :p So no one has to be extra nice because i have a blue name :p

:)

But yeah, i dont think we need a customizable batman, hes not Mr.Potato Head

Sterlington
14th Jul 2009, 03:25
Have a customized batman? or the option to customize him?

kinda both

Sterlington
14th Jul 2009, 03:26
Haha i Left my laptop on, so it does look like ive been here all day :p

But yeah, first days good :p
Im a bit worried people will start to treat me differently though,
i'm the same old Sammii :p So no one has to be extra nice because i have a blue name :p

:)

But yeah, i dont think we need a customizable batman, hes not Mr.Potato Head

Stop being dramatic.

SammiiDoogles
14th Jul 2009, 03:29
Stop being dramatic.

What?
What was Dramatic about my post?

Sivart
14th Jul 2009, 03:30
Stop being dramatic? What's Sammii doing dramatic?

And no, I don't think having custom Batman is a good idea.

Sterlington
14th Jul 2009, 03:45
kidding..kidding btw i mean like, choose colors of bat symbols, cape choice, Perks like in COD 4, etc.

The_Hylden
14th Jul 2009, 03:53
Batman doesn't go out into the night with a magical case of all his suits, etc. He's trapped in Arkham here for the night. The most he can do to change anything is if/when he goes into the batcave under the Island. If we start getting too mix-matchy, then it's taking far away from the mood, imo.

Sterlington
14th Jul 2009, 03:54
Batman doesn't go out into the night with a magical case of all his suits, etc. He's trapped in Arkham here for the night. The most he can do to change anything is if/when he goes into the batcave under the Island. If we start getting too mix-matchy, then it's taking far away from the mood, imo.

Not in story, just for challenge maps or a sandbox thing.

The_Hylden
14th Jul 2009, 03:58
Ah, well, we'll see. They have one suit offered already in the armor suit. Maybe they'll be more as we go along.

CaptainMcMulla
14th Jul 2009, 07:37
customisable batman. no thanks im good. he looks like a beast in the game anyway.

GibsonSGBat
14th Jul 2009, 07:47
No. We get to upgrade gadgets, that's all I want.

This^^^^ Nicely put croc:)

robinsnotstupid
14th Jul 2009, 18:03
why would anyone not want to be able to customize?

what if i like batman with long ears and and you like short ears. why cant they have both available and we pick, that makes more people happy.

does every artist draw batman exactly the same way?
do the artist draw him with slight diffrences becuase to them thats what it should look like?

why wouldent you want to pick the batman that looks the most like the batman you identify with?

what would be bad about having a few capes and cowls to pick from?

GibsonSGBat
14th Jul 2009, 18:07
why would anyone not want to be able to customize?

what if i like batman with long ears and and you like short ears. why cant they have both available and we pick, that makes more people happy.

does every artist draw batman exactly the same way?
do the artist draw him with slight diffrences becuase to them thats what it should look like?

why wouldent you want to pick the batman that looks the most like the batman you identify with?

what would be bad about having a few capes and cowls to pick from?

I think that customisation takes away from the main feel of the game. Edios work hard to perfect the batman render/character model to suit the games atmosphere, so I wouldnt want to customise and alter the unifrom.

Matches Malone
14th Jul 2009, 18:15
Wouldn't mind having an ear trimmer :) I do love the Batman they created, I'm just so happy they didn't make a puny little batman.

robinsnotstupid
14th Jul 2009, 18:21
I think that customisation takes away from the main feel of the game. Edios work hard to perfect the batman render/character model to suit the games atmosphere, so I wouldnt want to customise and alter the unifrom.

but they would make all the options, you just pick from row a,b,c to pick your favoriate cowl, cape, suit. if it dosent fit the game, they dont have to put it in.

statements like yours make me wonder. why do some people seem to talk about the dev's work and thaughts as devine?

they may very well do something that the community wont like, and i bet they want to hear about it so they can make a game people want to play, not just a game they want to make.

almost all compines spend money asking thier clients and potential clients what they like and want. i'm sure the devs appreciate the compliments of loyal but your loyal fans standing in the way of the free flow of feedback and ideas is never good.

i'm not goign to search for it or anything, but i would be surpised if the devs have never posted about appreciating ideas and feedback.

GibsonSGBat
14th Jul 2009, 18:26
but they would make all the options, you just pick from row a,b,c to pick your favoriate cowl, cape, suit. if it dosent fit the game, they dont have to put it in.

statements like yours make me wonder. why do some people seem to talk about the dev's work and thaughts as devine?

they may very well do something that the community wont like, and i bet they want to hear about it so they can make a game people want to play, not just a game they want to make.

almost all compines spend money asking thier clients and potential clients what they like and want. i'm sure the devs appreciate the compliments of loyal but your loyal fans standing in the way of the free flow of feedback and ideas is never good.

i'm not goign to search for it or anything, but i would be surpised if the devs have never posted about appreciating ideas and feedback.

No, I just think that the developers know way better than me lol, im just a gamer, I'd never be able to design and make somthing as cool as Arkham Asylum. Apologies aswell, I didnt mean to offend you mate, sorry:( I didnt mean to get in the way of ideas:(. Just putting my opinion foward!

robinsnotstupid
14th Jul 2009, 18:33
No, I just think that the developers know way better than me lol, im just a gamer, I'd never be able to design and make somthing as cool as Arkham Asylum. Apologies aswell, I didnt mean to offend you mate, sorry:( I didnt mean to get in the way of ideas:(. Just putting my opinion foward!

i wasnat talking to you or about what you said specificly, it was just about stuff i see here a lot.

im sure the devs are good guys and are doing their best, but thats the point.

they are just guys, doing thier best. who can say that your ideas arent as good as their ideas. who can say what you want in a game isint as good as what they want to put in a game.

we are talking about matters of preferance, and the best way to make the most people happy, is to make the most people happy.

the point is, what you think would be cool, is cool to you. and to say you cant make something as cool as the thing they can make, thats not fair to you. your idea of cool is what matters, becuase once the game is made, if you dont buy it becuase its not cool, or you dont buy their next game becuae this one wasnat cool, they lost, not you.

Sterlington
14th Jul 2009, 19:02
good points robinsnotstupid.

Jables_Kage
14th Jul 2009, 19:07
kind of a redundant thread since the game is almost gold

GibsonSGBat
14th Jul 2009, 19:19
kind of a redundant thread since the game is almost gold

I agree Jables kage

AdamWest
14th Jul 2009, 19:34
Why make these things when we have this incredible game coming? I mean we should be grateful for all the hard work and dedication these people put into making this game for you and it is very close to release so I mean they put in the time and effort for this to be the best Batman game possible for us so we should just leave it all be and appreciate the game how it's going to be without customizable batsuits and magical wizards (magical wizards..? I don't know)

Sterlington
14th Jul 2009, 19:38
Why make these things when we have this incredible game coming? I mean we should be grateful for all the hard work and dedication these people put into making this game for you and it is very close to release so I mean they put in the time and effort for this to be the best Batman game possible for us so we should just leave it all be and appreciate the game how it's going to be without customizable batsuits and magical wizards (magical wizards..? I don't know)

As I said twice, they are just ideas, not demands.

GibsonSGBat
14th Jul 2009, 19:39

thank you man, this is exactly what I think. This game is going to be pure gold! I dont want to faff about in some character customisation thingy, I want to play as the Batman! not some customised modded up character. The devs put alot of thought into the way bats looks, so why change it?!

AdamWest
14th Jul 2009, 19:39
As I said twice, they are just ideas, not demands.

Sorry, I don't believe in ideas

JawsFanJesse
14th Jul 2009, 19:45
Sorry, I don't believe in ideas

I don't Believe in Believeing :p

AdamWest
14th Jul 2009, 19:47
I don't Believe in Believeing :p

I don't believe in you so you do not exist sir and neither does your way of thinking so ALAKZAM! -whisp of magical smoke-

JawsFanJesse
14th Jul 2009, 19:49
I don't believe in you so you do not exist sir and neither does your way of thinking so ALAKZAM! -whisp of magical smoke-

:scratch: :scratch: :thumb:

Sterlington
14th Jul 2009, 19:50
What?

JawsFanJesse
14th Jul 2009, 19:51
What?

uuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmm...??? ALAKZAM! -whisp of magical smoke-

AdamWest
14th Jul 2009, 19:52
What?

Your feeble mind can't comprehend on how much of a brain ninja I am.

And Jaws.. lol

Sterlington
14th Jul 2009, 19:55

And Jaws.. lol

Good one!! ha...ha...ha

GibsonSGBat
14th Jul 2009, 20:25

And Jaws.. lol

Lol! :lol::lol:

whiston532
14th Jul 2009, 21:33
I want Batman to have the last stand perk.

Sterlington
14th Jul 2009, 21:39
You and me both.

Why So Serious ?
14th Jul 2009, 21:40
nah we already get upgrade for the suit and i beileve fighting style.

GibsonSGBat
14th Jul 2009, 22:06
nah we already get upgrade for the suit and i beileve fighting style.

This^ :D

evilmajikman
14th Jul 2009, 23:12
I think it would be cool if you could later on get the ability to change the colors of your clothes like in Soul Caliburs custimization, and then there would be a default button if you want his default colors.

ggratchet
15th Jul 2009, 00:10
Hopefully through items and gadgets the developers will create Metroid/Zelda style restrictions on where you can go and when as well as providing plenty of reasons to go back and explore places. In a sand-box customisable game, this is simply not possible and inhibits the storyline.

...But I wouldn't mind a Nolan style batsuit to replace the tights and over-wear as an extra skin.

MCREF
15th Jul 2009, 00:27
Cool if it did, but wont happen. I think it's a trademark character thing. They should just make an in depth superhero game where you get to customize your hero's style, powers, and everything. Not like Champions or DCUO (Just in case you guys were thinking it in your head to make me looks stupid, lol), but something single player, dramatic, and free roam. I guess if I had to give it a a basic concept I'd have to say think Saints Row customization on a GTA scale with superheroes and powers as destructive and powerful as Infamous. Already sounds impossible, lol.