PDA

View Full Version : is the joker better with or without harley quin

gaiking2003
13th Jul 2009, 15:51
just like the title ask do you think joker is better with
his sexy side kick harley quinn or do you the jokers character work better on his own?

VXR
13th Jul 2009, 15:52
I would say ' both ' as when needed. She fits.

and without.... is great also.

she is a great compliment.

Drazar
13th Jul 2009, 15:56
I would say ' both ' as when needed. She fits. and without.... is great also.

This.

Matches Malone
13th Jul 2009, 16:00
I'm glad this was brought up, definitely without for me. She was added in TAS to add another layer of comedy and probably to make the Joker lighter and less scary, which is exactly what she does. She gives him way too much of a human element, one of the few times I found that she was well used was in Grant Morrison's Batman # 663 - The Clown at Midnight in which he tries to kill her just to prove that he is in fact more than human. In the end the Joker does not need such a side kick (or any) and in reality would probably have killed her the first time she got annoying which would have been 2 minutes after meeting her. I like her on rare occasions but most of the time I prefer no Harley. My 2 cents

gaiking2003
13th Jul 2009, 16:02
i like the joker better with harley quinn
harley is my fav batman character
she loveable kooky sexy character
but when need she can turn the kookness off and be normal
which is something the joker can't do
i think you class harley quinn as one of the victims
and gives batman a catch 22 problem
cos the best way to help harley is kill the joker and free her from him but batman will not kill
so it kill the joker and save her but brake his vow
or keep his vow and leave her in the jokers hands

KillerCroc
13th Jul 2009, 16:03
I would have to say he works better with her. I mean, she is his sidekick after all. But some people don't see the same way as this as Batman and Robin.

Matches Malone
13th Jul 2009, 16:06
I would have to say he works better with her. I mean, she is his sidekick after all. But some people don't see the same way as this as Batman and Robin.

I would say the same people that like Robin with Batman are probably the same people that like Harley with the Joker. That may be a blanket statement though.

WallaMalla
13th Jul 2009, 16:07
I can't answer this... it all depends on the story. "Mad Love" would have been pointless without Harley, but if you put Harley in "The Killing Joke" it would be lame.

You should have a third option like "It depends on the story". Because I can't vote on these :nut:.

GibsonSGBat
13th Jul 2009, 16:22
I dont know, I just like the Joker working on his own...I cant really tell you why but I think working on his own gives him an hightened sence of insanity or somthing like that lol

Game Weasel
13th Jul 2009, 16:26
I've never been much of a joker fan, but Harley actually made me LIKE the Joker to some degree. Because of that, I always prefer them together; she makes him tolerable in stories for me.

Zombie-Gamer
13th Jul 2009, 16:28
I voted for yes only because I like Harley, But I think the Joker is some times a little darker and a bit more insane with out Harley.

imported_The_Dark_Knight
13th Jul 2009, 16:29
I'd say without.

Darkboy
13th Jul 2009, 16:34
You know, for me, I really think that with or without Harley, The Joker is The Joker - diabolical and awesome. But Harley is also quite an interesting character in her own right; never have I encountered a character that could be both wildly murderous and engagingly cute at the same time. So, either way, Harley or no, I'm pretty happy. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that by now, Harley is even just fine on her own, or even with a friend other than The Joker like Poison Ivy.

I know people are going to hate me for mentioning this, but seeing as how nowadays most people, comic fans or no, prefer Ledger's Joker, it seems hard to imagine Harley's ditzy, lovable self coinciding with something like that creepy schizophrenic. But, then again, I have seen it work, in Brian Azzarello's Joker. They barely changed Harley at all, and made The Joker in that comic have uncanny similarities to Ledger in any way.

CaptainMcMulla
13th Jul 2009, 16:37
He is good on his own, but with harley, he seems more powerful

HeartlessSystem
13th Jul 2009, 16:39
I say yes, as they seem so happy together, then I feel happy :D
then they kill 20 people, and I'm happier :lol:

Game Weasel
13th Jul 2009, 17:13
I say yes, as they seem so happy together, then I feel happy :D
then they kill 20 people, and I'm happier :lol:

A Reminder, Ladies and Gentlemen, please do not release the inmates from their cells. :rasp:

Zombie-Gamer
13th Jul 2009, 17:20
A Reminder, Ladies and Gentlemen, please do not release the inmates from their cells. :rasp:

Oops to late

Drazar
13th Jul 2009, 17:21

Funny. I read Batman: Black and White vol2 A story by Paul Dini was there about Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy released all the inmates from Arkham.. wanna guess why? KISSING CONTEST.

Game Weasel
13th Jul 2009, 17:34
Funny. I read Batman: Black and White vol2 A story by Paul Dini was there about Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy released all the inmates from Arkham.. wanna guess why? KISSING CONTEST.

... Sounds like an evil plot for Ivy to eliminate all her competition. O_o

Drazar
13th Jul 2009, 17:42
Basicly Harley Quinn (with loads of mr. muscule posters on her wall) was missing Joker, and basicly man conctact and Poison Ivy (who had a plant with eyes looking at her ass) was saying she has all she needs on her cell. They argue for a god damn dollar then who would win in a kissing contest, oh yeah it all started from Harley Quinn claiming she could get anyone she wants with a snap of a finger. =p So Poison Ivy uses her pheramore stuff and pretty much kisses everyone, this includes Croc, Mad Hatter and even Two-Face. :p

Black sabbith102
13th Jul 2009, 19:04
The only reason she goes well with the joker is because he only uses her when he needs her. He doesn't keep her around because he loves her and that's the only reason why it works. She adds a sadistic and crazy side to the story. Shes obsessed with him and will even put him before herself and its both comedic and disturbing at the same time. Shes an excellent character and goes great with him if done right.

Billyman
13th Jul 2009, 22:09
Everything's better with hot mousy babes. :cool:

Batman-DCU
13th Jul 2009, 22:24
I think there's not really a big difference, either or. He can get many things done without Harley. Sometimes it seems he does need her, but it seems like he just needs someone to take his anger off on and slap around.

Sivart
13th Jul 2009, 22:25
Well, unlike Batman, who's normally quiet, Joker doesn't need another character to speak. Harley, unlike **** Grayson or Tim Drake to Bruce, is also never quite viewed as an equal to Joker. Harley doesn't necessarily need the Joker, but she does need SOMEONE to actually get her into an interesting story IMO.

So Joker doesn't need her, no. However, she has a nice, rather unsettling self-promotive flair in the comics.

cpmd4
13th Jul 2009, 22:26
It's not like he absolutely needs her, but she's definitely a great asset.
And my favourite villain. :)

jackskellington17
13th Jul 2009, 22:36
in my opinion i think the joker is awesome by himself but when he's with harley its soooooooooooo much better.Harley is crazy, funny, and one of the coolest batman villians.There are alot of things the joker needs harley for, even though hes cruel to her he depends on her a lot.So.......HELL YEA THE JOKER IS BETTER WITH HARLEY!!!!!!:D

Silent Cacophony
13th Jul 2009, 22:39
I like it when they're together. Their twisted relationship is always a source of great entertainment.

Nino9LFC
13th Jul 2009, 23:44
Harley Quinn Is Fit

HarleyKins
14th Jul 2009, 00:37
Both the Joker and Harley work great on their own, but the humor and insanity gets REALLY wild when you put them together. Hence I vote yes. =)

Batfan22
14th Jul 2009, 01:02
I think it really depends on whoose writting joker, for ex. in tas its a no brainer to have them together