PDA

View Full Version : Tr9

Jason Miller
13th Jul 2009, 14:10
You've all seen the concept art and text description of the next TR game, what do you guys think? Are you excited, reluctant to buy the game, or just don't want to have anything to do with the game?

I, for one, think that this will be the best Tomb Raider ever made. No offense, but to all those smart asses who wreak depression and make this game seem hopeless, you're wrong! Come on, people, we all need change after the complete turnoff that is Tomb Raider Underworld. I just hope that they focus all of their effort and hard work in order to manifest it into this beautiful Tomb Raider game.

Flintmelody
13th Jul 2009, 15:49
I am not sure any fit with me. I will definately buy the next TR. As fot the ideas I am mixed. Free roaming and the wider movements I like. A bow and arrow and Lara's new look I really don't like. Don't think TR will ever catch up to where it was in the early Core era. I doubt it will be the best ever but hopefully better than TRU.

IvanaKC
13th Jul 2009, 15:54
hmm I will buy it, but now when I see Lara like that I don't know what to think. But I will buy as soon as it comes out.

Sir Richard Croft
13th Jul 2009, 16:00
I think I'll give it a try. I don't expect it to be the best TR ever, though. I don't know why so many people throw axes at TRU, I love Underworld and TRL, and the mother-storyline, too, and I like Lara's new biography much more than her first.

Ants_27_
13th Jul 2009, 16:41
Am I the only one who is looking forward to the "new" tomb raider then?

Sir Richard Croft
13th Jul 2009, 16:43
Well, depends on what you think of "looking forward" ;) I think I need some more information to get excited. Surely depends on those infos.

Ants_27_
13th Jul 2009, 16:48
Well, depends on what you think of "looking forward" ;) I think I need some more information to get excited. Surely depends on those infos.

True. I think I'm looking forward (and hoping) that it is aimed towards an older audience. To me underworld seemed... Childish (Lack for a better word). Dunno I just hope that the story does not involve Natla, Amelia or Amanda :lol:.

Sir Richard Croft
13th Jul 2009, 17:40
True. I think I'm looking forward (and hoping) that it is aimed towards an older audience.

Mh, I hope it won't be too much horror. As said, don't want any nightmares :D

Dunno I just hope that the story does not involve Natla, Amelia or Amanda :lol:.

Hope so, too. Mention it perhaps, as far as it happened whenever Origin is. I loved the story, but it's finished I guess. Unnaturally prolonging this story wouldn't be that good of an idea.

LARALOVERnr1
13th Jul 2009, 18:01
Well, it looks different... I don't know if thats positive or negative...

TRA_Abomination
13th Jul 2009, 18:05
none of the options fit my skeptical opinion about it. It's too early for me to decide

Jurre
13th Jul 2009, 18:08
I think its waaaaaay to early to say wether it will be the best Tr so far, however I have a positive feeling about this, its definatly good to see that they finaly dare to break the boundaries that people set around Tr and let their creativity fly free.

Just get rid of the bow....

Oh and one thing else, if you wanna let her ride a horse, why not go a little crazier and make it a magical object that can turn her into a centaur for a short period of time? That would rock! :D

iRawr
13th Jul 2009, 18:15
I'm not gonna say anything until I see the trailer. I wanna know what the deal is though......

josh1122
13th Jul 2009, 18:56
I might consider renting or even buying it when this game actually has Lara in it. So far the concept art doesn't indicate she'll be in the game(it has a generic megan fox though)

Meemers
14th Jul 2009, 02:04
I don't know what I'll do. I haven't bought TRL, TRA and TRU, so I'll just to add TR9 to the list.

pinpal
14th Jul 2009, 02:42
Underworld was good it wasn't a turnoff. And TR9 looks really good.

Pulse
14th Jul 2009, 02:51
I'm on the fence now. The monsters are starting to appeal to me and I love the idea of a free world thing, but I like many locations. I personally hate the bow and the whip. The horse should be replaced with a motorcycle and Lara should have her dual pistols.