PDA

View Full Version : Not digging Bane too much.

LoboUDL
13th Jul 2009, 13:55
I can't wait for this game. I've been crazy enough to hit 4 different stores in one day (looking for what appears to be a rare controller...nobody has it!) and end up playing the demo for quite awhile. I don't think the render of Bane is horrible, I just kind of wish they would've used the close faced mask from the comics and not the cartoon. Another thing from the newer demo is how he was really skinny and puffed out into the venomed out Bane. I would've liked it that he was massivly huge.

I'm a huge Batman geek and I don't remember a single instance of Bane being an occupant of Arkham Asylum. In the newest vid it said "Committed for Life". Maybe that's just part of the trailer and there will be more story behind it. There are a few in the rogues gallery that really shouldn't be in Arkham at all though...unless it's part of "the trap". People like Bane, Penguin (even though some have put him in there I think just to be there in the comics), Hush.

If I had a wishlist for this game though...and this could be DLC at one point or even not...I think I'd like to see much like the Batman: Black and White statues, different artists renditions of Batman. Like Aparo, Adams, Nolan, Lee...and my personal favorite, BREYFOGLE! There's many more artists you can choose from, hell...the list could go on all day over artists.

Ok, I'm just rambling now, hitting on way more topics than I should.

LATE!

GibsonSGBat
13th Jul 2009, 13:57
Man I thought bane looks cool in this game...

imported_The_Dark_Knight
13th Jul 2009, 13:58
I think Bane is ok how he is...

Drazar
13th Jul 2009, 13:59
I can explain the situyation but i don't wish to spoil things. so ill put them in the spoiler tag and you're free to read it if you please. =)

the trailer showing Bane as a resident to Arkham is abit of a stupid mistake for us Batman nerds, but its nothing more than a PR trick to attrac the audiance on the trailer heh. Now on to why Bane is so wimpy withouth the venom.

He has been a prisoner for months, Joker has taken his venom and before the boss fight he fills Bane with his deadlier joker-venom onto Bane causing him to enrage.

The mask choice to show his eyes and mouth is there to show more humanity, its the basic reason whye ven Batman has his eye pupils visible. Its an easy and good way to demonstrate emotions thru that way.

LoboUDL
13th Jul 2009, 13:59
Yea, don't get me wrong...he does look cool! But like I said, I'm a Batman geek...can you really wholey satisfy someone like that? Well I guess you can, I was pretty satisfied with The Dark Knight and not everything is spot on in that movie. :D

Ensanguined Walls
13th Jul 2009, 14:00
It's a different interpretation of Bane that I like. We need to remember that Paul Dini is writing the script, and he would not intentionally ruin the character of Bane. Furthermore, Hush and Penguin aren't actual characters in the game. If you were referencing the list in that magazine, they were specifically talking about dialogue references and Riddle Challenges. The main developer said in an interview that they didn't want to overflow the game with unnecessary villains, especially if they do not contribute to the storyline in a relevant way.

LoboUDL
13th Jul 2009, 14:01
That's evil Drazer...its like dangling heroin in front of an addict. :D

Nightwing
13th Jul 2009, 14:07
I happen to like Bane when he's all huge and stupidly strong. Looks amusing, but that's just me. On a different note though you could explain Bane being so skinny the same way they did in Batman Beyond. Just a thought.

LoboUDL
13th Jul 2009, 14:08
It's a different interpretation of Bane that I like. We need to remember that Paul Dini is writing the script, and he would not intentionally ruin the character of Bane. Furthermore, Hush and Penguin aren't actual characters in the game. If you were referencing the list in that magazine, they were specifically talking about dialogue references and Riddle Challenges. The main developer said in an interview that they didn't want to overflow the game with unnecessary villains, especially if they do not contribute to the storyline in a relevant way.

Naw, I wasn't referenceing no list...just saying not all of Batman's rogues gallery are kooks. And I don't think it'll ruin the game either. I know what Dini has done and is doing and I have full faith. It's just a personal gripe. If you're pulling stuff from the whole 70 years of Batman history...why pull something from the worse Batman movie ever? Will there be a Mr. Freeze saying Chill out, revenge is a dish best served cold, etc etc etc instead of actually talking? (that's a joke btw).

Although without being sarcastic it was a bit disheartening seeing Poison Ivy start a fight with Batman creating a huge man eating plant. The only reason being...where has that NOT been done before? When I see it in the videos, I can't help but see Link from Zelda looking up at a boss right before a fight...and that's definatly not a rip. Zelda games are top notch IMO. It's just been done before, and done again, and again with that character.

Ensanguined Walls
13th Jul 2009, 14:12
That deformed, monstrous look for Bane is not necessarily from the movie. In fact, Wildstorm did the design, and they certainly didn't draw inspiration from a universally despised film. As for the Poison Ivy battle, we haven't seen the circumstances leading up to it, whether or not she has several forms, etc. I don't care if it's been done before or not. I care about whether or not it's done well. If what I've seen thus far is any indication, Rocksteady knows exactly what they are doing.

thedeadpool
13th Jul 2009, 14:19
I think the reason Bane is in Arkham is bc could BlackGate keep him in there if he ever got ahold of some venom.

LoboUDL
13th Jul 2009, 14:25
That deformed, monstrous look for Bane is not necessarily from the movie. In fact, Wildstorm did the design, and they certainly didn't draw inspiration from a universally despised film. As for the Poison Ivy battle, we haven't seen the circumstances leading up to it, whether or not she has several forms, etc. I don't care if it's been done before or not. I care about whether or not it's done well. If what I've seen thus far is any indication, Rocksteady knows exactly what they are doing.

Never said that look was...going from a really small skinny guy and going to a huge guy is what I was saying. That's the only place that's ever been done. Bane has been off Venom a long time until recently in the comic Secret Six...now he's in withdraw trying to get off it again for taking it that one time. I agree with you that they know what they're doing. I think it's going to be a great game...if I could cross my fingers any harder they'd cut themselves in half. There is still stuff that could make the game not that great. Everyone loved the Conan game up until the last boss fight. I can't comment on that one though, I only played the demo...but that one fight "ruined" the game. I desperatly hope something like that doesn't happen here...and really it's late in the game to change anything at this point without another delay.

I'm definatly not a total Negative Nancy about this game though. :D Everything I have to say that's negative about this game is definatly not game breaking. Hell, my other ***** is that Zsasz (my favorite villian) is bald. :D How big of a ***** is that? Not very.

Drazar
13th Jul 2009, 14:28
Isn't Zsasz bald nowdays tho? Anyhow the tattoo Carlos D'anda gave him is really cool. =O

LoboUDL
13th Jul 2009, 14:33
Isn't Zsasz bald nowdays tho? Anyhow the tattoo Carlos D'anda gave him is really cool. =O

He could be...one issue he could be bald, the next he might not. It's hard to say. DC and the Batverse hasn't been as good with keeping history the same since the late early 2000's IMO. Truthfully, I haven't liked him as much as I did before they gave his backstory. When he first appeared he'd kill people and leave them in positions like they were still alive. If I remember right, his first appearance Batman took a little girl back up to her house and found the rest of the family watching tv...but all their throats were slit. And, he's supposed to be very very strong...in his little tube they keep him in he does those excersises where you have no weights but push on walls etc. I forget which one it is...isometrics or isotonics. I could look it up but I think you all get the idea. :)

LoboUDL
13th Jul 2009, 14:34
I think the first place he was bald was in Batman Begins. Maybe someone just liked how that looked and kept doing it.

Joker's Jolly Jester
13th Jul 2009, 19:00
Didn't Joker attack blackgate prison forcing the sane prisoners to be shipped to Arkham? i thought thats what joker was doing when batman caught him

Drazar
13th Jul 2009, 19:03
Well the thing about Bane is that
He has been a prisoner for a longer while, maybe even under acknowledgement of Jeremiah Arkham

butterskenny
13th Jul 2009, 20:41
Bane is a member of the Asylum in this game because blackgate burned down and all the inmates have to be shipped to Arkham until it is repaired.

EliteF50
13th Jul 2009, 21:07
Agreed. Bane is my favourite villain, and seeing Bane in BAA was very disappointing. I hate how he goes from skinny little guy to huge monster.

daklog
13th Jul 2009, 21:11
I don't like the way bane looks in this game either. I know he is supposed to be massive and over the top, but not like this..

small complain though, the rest of the cast looks spot on

angleslam99
13th Jul 2009, 21:22
I'm still hoping Bane calls Batman "Murcielago" in the game.

stoobytoons
13th Jul 2009, 21:27
I would agree somewhat with the original post. While I am excited at Bane's inclusion into the game, I'm not thrilled with the skinny to huge concept. I'm more of a Knightfall purist in thinking about the character's image and back story. And the open-mouthed mask comes off more as a Mexican wrestler rather than an intimidating disguise. Oh well. I like the rest of the character models and concepts just fine. :)

The Comedian
13th Jul 2009, 21:43
Bane looks too big and bulky in the game.

This would have been good enough

http://janeward.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/bane.jpg

JawsFanJesse
13th Jul 2009, 21:54
Yea That Bane looks Scary

Bat Fan Dave
14th Jul 2009, 10:38
the joker ups his venom so hes really big maybe. anyway i like how bane looks in the game. also looks to be a tough fight.

GibsonSGBat
14th Jul 2009, 17:53
the joker ups his venom so hes really big maybe. anyway i like how bane looks in the game. also looks to be a tough fight.

Yeah i agree. I think this souped up Bane really adds to the feel and atmosphere that edios and rockesteady are trying to convey in the game.

The_Hylden
14th Jul 2009, 19:47
Yup, he's drained him of venom and all else in the way of nutrients, judging by his emaciated and weak appearance, and made kind of a super venom, perhaps. When pumped back into Bane, it causes some very drastic results. Just like it causes the other normal thugs, apparently, to grow into Titans. Venom experimentation, is my bet, anyway. Therefore, you need a more drastic change in the outcome.

JackWinz
15th Jul 2009, 04:30
I can't wait for this game. I've been crazy enough to hit 4 different stores in one day (looking for what appears to be a rare controller...nobody has it!) and end up playing the demo for quite awhile. I don't think the render of Bane is horrible, I just kind of wish they would've used the close faced mask from the comics and not the cartoon. Another thing from the newer demo is how he was really skinny and puffed out into the venomed out Bane. I would've liked it that he was massivly huge.

I'm a huge Batman geek and I don't remember a single instance of Bane being an occupant of Arkham Asylum.

LATE!

I couldn't agree more, I love bane, but not his costume for AA.

Oh, and no he's not an inmate, but he is an inmate of black gate, which is what the joker blew up before the beggining of the game, as a result, all the inmates of blackgate got shipped there. (which is how joker got all those sane henchmen)

kadashi666
15th Jul 2009, 04:44
i like this version of bane, i really feel like we are seeing a caged animal let loose with this bane, and frankly if he wasn't big and intimidateing i wouldnt feel as threatened by him. regualr bane is scary, but in more of a 'oh my god hes smarter and stronger then me' way, not in a 'that man can crush me with his pinky' way like this bane is.