PDA

View Full Version : Tunes through Arkham

HeartlessSystem
13th Jul 2009, 10:40
Hey guys! I'm wondering, if you're gonna have a cd player on while your playing, what music would you listen to to? mine are

Empty walls and the sky is over by serj tankian
They say and chemicles by scars on broadway
Sad statue, Holy mountians, lonely day, soldier side, deer dance, and forest, all by system of a down

if you want extra credit, find out what links these bands!

GibsonSGBat
13th Jul 2009, 10:52
hmmm, Im gonna listen to:

Santana: Soul Sacrifice
Jimi Hednrix: All along the Watchtower
and a bit more Santana, maybe Samba pa Ti to calm my nerves after smashing another guard in the chops lol. Man I can picture it now, Jimi Hendrix, Batman and Videogames.....:)

imported_The_Dark_Knight
13th Jul 2009, 10:55
The Dark Knight theme...
How original xD

TheManWhoLaughs
13th Jul 2009, 10:57
These are mixed

Madhouse - Anthrax
They're coming to take me away - Dr. Demento
House Party at Arkham Asylum - The Great Luke Ski

MarkHamill_Joker_Rules
13th Jul 2009, 13:51
i will listen to all batman the animated series soundtrack XD

imported_The_Dark_Knight
13th Jul 2009, 13:54
oh and the Adam West batman theme :p

batfan08
13th Jul 2009, 13:57
Bob Dylan-Nothing makes Batman feel like watchmen like listening to the times they are a changin' while making a thug eat floor.

Darkboy
13th Jul 2009, 14:14
Other people will probably think this is terribly unfitting, but I'm going to dig the regular kind of rock and metal I listen to. Sevendust (their oldest stuff, not any of that new crap), Hatebreed, Slipknot, Megadeth, Tool, things like that.

And of course The Dark Knight soundtrack =P

But this one over and over again for sure http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA5zvJhE0P8 just really captures the awesomeness of Batman for me.

Maybe also this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFbNtqvtSf8 . For some reason I feel like it captures the haunted feeling of Arkham, and the tragic nature of Batman and his villains.

Game Weasel
13th Jul 2009, 14:15
Been planning my playlist out for awhile now.
The first time I play the game I'll probably just play it normally to see what the music is like in game. Once that's done my playlist features the following songs:

Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones
The Times They Are A-Changin' - Bob Dylan
Fortunate Son - CCR
The Ballad of Barry Allen - Jim's Big Ego
Arthur Curry - Ookla the Mok
Superman - John Williams Theme
Batman: The Animated Series - Theme ( I like it more than the movie version)
The Phantasm (from Batman: Mask of the Phantasm Soundtrack) - Shirley Walker
The Ballad of Serenity - Joss Whedon & Sonny Rhodes
Justice League Theme
Justice League Unlimited Theme
Mad World - Gary Jules
Killer Queen - Queen
Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven
Saving Grace - Everlast
Hallelujah - Rufus Wainwright

I may end up adding more to the list, depends on how long I find the list plays during an average playing session. :)

MCREF
13th Jul 2009, 16:04
I'd make mix some of my own original tracks. Something with strings, and that "Aah" Choir synth thing.

CaptainMcMulla
13th Jul 2009, 16:47
The Batman soundtracks, especially Tim Burtons. It would go with the dark environment

Matches Malone
13th Jul 2009, 16:56
Whats wrong with listening to the game?

Zombie-Gamer
13th Jul 2009, 17:02
Sweet Insanity- Disturbed

HeartlessSystem
13th Jul 2009, 17:04

nothing, but sometimes its nice to beat up thugs to your own tunes

Abeja
13th Jul 2009, 17:04
Pink Floyd or Tool

KillerCroc
13th Jul 2009, 17:27
Glamorous-Fergie :p kidding...maybe :rolleyes:

Most likely a lot of Evanescence, maybe some Black Sabbath too.

CaptainMcMulla
13th Jul 2009, 17:28
Celine Dion - My heart will go on :lmao:

KillerCroc
13th Jul 2009, 17:34
Celine Dion - My heart will go on :lmao: :lol:

HeartlessSystem
13th Jul 2009, 17:46

your heart will stop after listening to that :lol:

MCREF
13th Jul 2009, 17:48

Sad thing is I sang that on that American Idol video game and got a perfect score. It's all in the falsetto, lol :D

CaptainMcMulla
13th Jul 2009, 18:04
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

MilkFace
13th Jul 2009, 18:31
U2 - "Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me"

JawsFanJesse
13th Jul 2009, 18:44
and I Thought My Jokes were Bad - Han Zimmer :D

Zombie-Gamer
13th Jul 2009, 18:55
Andrew WK - We want fun

lt_skittles
13th Jul 2009, 18:59
I might listen to music on my second playthrough, and that would be Hollywood Undead, and the dark knight soundtrack.

cyberw4ste
13th Jul 2009, 19:04
I stream my computer's library of music to my X-box then just put it all on random when I play any game. 12 gigs of everything from Lamb of God and Fear Factory to Rise Against and Weezer. I also have just about every Final Fantasy soundtrack available. Sometimes if the mood strikes I have some J-pop too. Which creeps me out sometimes. I think that's why I listen to it...

Hey guys! I'm wondering, if you're gonna have a cd player on while your playing, what music would you listen to to? mine are

Empty walls and the sky is over by serj tankian
They say and chemicles by scars on broadway
Sad statue, Holy mountians, lonely day, soldier side, deer dance, and forest, all by system of a down

if you want extra credit, find out what links these bands!

Well, the most obvious link is that Serj Tankian and Daron Malakian (The lead for Scars on Braodway) used to be System of a Down...

What extra credit do I get? Cookies? Do you have cake!?

HeartlessSystem
13th Jul 2009, 19:22
Do you have cake!?
of course.
but it is a lie

cyberw4ste
13th Jul 2009, 19:42
of course.
but it is a lie

Figures :(

LemonLoafer
13th Jul 2009, 19:59
See if Pink Floyd goes along. :P

rileslek
13th Jul 2009, 20:25

I concur.

Batman-DCU
13th Jul 2009, 22:33
Tom Sawyer and a whole load of Rush songs.

Batman's a modern day warrior with mean, mean stride.

NoMoarDedCawpz
13th Jul 2009, 23:22
The Unforgiven - Metallica
:thumb:

DarkKnightDanny
13th Jul 2009, 23:23
i love these kinds of threads

im going to be listening to(insert shouty metal music here)

:)

CapedCrusader1495
13th Jul 2009, 23:24
Whatever that is on my hard drive and my USB. Particularly the TDK soundtrack (SOOOOOOOOOO ORIGINAL!:rasp:)

thebatman226
13th Jul 2009, 23:25
from first to last!

brodudeman1
14th Jul 2009, 00:34
I would have to say Slipknot, Desturbed, All That Remains, and Five Finger Death Punch.

JawsFanJesse
14th Jul 2009, 00:57
The End is the Begining and The begining is the end - Smashing Pumpkins
The Day the Whole World Went away - Nine inch Nails
and I though my Jokes were Bad - Han zimmer

Possible Songs:
Im on a Boat - The Lonely island
Ramones, Misfits, Rage agianst the Machine and Adicts

Sterlington
14th Jul 2009, 01:09
Fergalicious. Boom boom pow (not kidding)

JawsFanJesse
14th Jul 2009, 01:11
Fergalicious. Boom boom pow (not kidding)

:eek: Batman is gonna Stop and Just Look at you Shaking his Head no when you do lol :p

The_Hylden
14th Jul 2009, 01:24

Nothing. That's all I am going to listen to. I don't play other music to games. That's why the sound editors and the composers went through all of the trouble to make the game music and mixed-iin sound in the first place, to hold you and place you in this 3D world using solely that...

I don't get the need to play other music while playing games... But, to each their own...

Batfan22
14th Jul 2009, 01:25
Nothing. That's all I am going to listen to. I don't play other music to games. That's why the sound editors and the composers went through all of the trouble to make the game music and mixed-iin sound in the first place, to hold you and place you in this 3D world using solely that...

I don't get the need to play other music while playing games... But, to each their own...

exactly what he said

Sterlington
14th Jul 2009, 01:29
Well I need to listen to music just in case something happens (ex: buttons are jammed) it will calm me down.

Batsy4life
14th Jul 2009, 01:54
IF and thats a major IF I listen to any music other than the game itself will be when i play in the free flow combat challenge rooms and you can bet your asses I'll be blasting Linkin Park in the background.

HeartlessSystem
14th Jul 2009, 16:48
The Unforgiven - Metallica

i've tried singing (by putting the mic on a stand) and guitaring that song at the same time on guitar hero metallica, think I did ok... 3-4 stars :D

Matches Malone
14th Jul 2009, 16:58

Exactly. Music and sfx is what primarily sets the mood and tone of the situation, if you cover that up your only getting half the experience. The only thing I would even consider would be the "The Dark Knight" soundtrack and that's only if the in game music was completely unbearable. I could never play while listening to rock, techno, or basically anything that wasn't Batman. But that's just me I guess.

AdamWest
14th Jul 2009, 17:17
Possibly some Mars Volta, At The Drive-in or Bear vs Shark

The_Hylden
14th Jul 2009, 19:35
i've tried singing (by putting the mic on a stand) and guitaring that song at the same time on guitar hero metallica, think I did ok... 3-4 stars :D

I sang Unforgiven II live a couple months ago. 'twas fun. James Hetfield has such a nice, rich deep core to his voice, and a wide range, it's right up my vocal alley :) There's nothing quite like belting out lyrics over a mic and hearing it radiate over a music hall either. :thumb:

Azura20
14th Jul 2009, 19:50
Astley would be funny for a major secret room joke. The Riddler's final puzzle would lead to many ticked off gamers. If they wanted to do something like that, have the room(s) made like the gargoyle reward's trick room in Fable 2.
A giant metaphoric middle finger (common item) in/for a treasure chest (the video), with the real reward's room connected somehow.

GibsonSGBat
14th Jul 2009, 21:42
I might listen to a bit of Gary Moore Empty rooms aswell. Really add to the tention lol.

Joker's Jolly Jester
15th Jul 2009, 19:06
Kryptonite three doors down

na just kidding first time though the game soundtrack

second time tenacious d

imported_BAT_MAN
15th Jul 2009, 19:35
anything by muse or greenday