PDA

View Full Version : Vote for TR9 ideas you like!

chriss_99
13th Jul 2009, 09:01
Title explains everything

Lara's look - Do you like Lara's new look presented in the concept art?

Survival Action - Brutally attack and defend yourself as you fight to survive through visceral one-on-one melee combat.

Strategic Weapons - Gain an advantage in combat by finding an array of different melee and ranged weapons including a variety of guns, and the hunter's ultimate weapon, the bow.

Creative Survival - React and adapt to the island by using only that which you can salvage from the environment like climbing axes, rope, and machetes that can be used to unlock new traversal and combat game play options.

Free Movement - Scramble up a vertical cliff wall, sprint and leap across a huge chasm, steer mid-air to land a misdirected jump: There is no one right way to traverse, survive, and explore the harsh environment of the island.

Open World - The diverse multi-region island is an open playground alive with creatures, weather, and natural events.

Origin Story - The new Tomb Raider concept reboots the franchise by exploring Lara Croft's transformation into a hardened adventurer as you unravel the story behind the island's mysterious past.

My dog Max
13th Jul 2009, 09:13
I like everything except the bow,so I voted for everything,except "Strategic weapons"

IvanaKC
13th Jul 2009, 09:21
I forgot to vote for cohesive world. Maybe TR10. But since we will have origins...
I still want her to keep her guns...no bow and arrow...

josh1122
13th Jul 2009, 09:27
free roam, thats about it

d1n0_xD
13th Jul 2009, 09:54
I voted for everything except her looks :P

chriss_99
13th Jul 2009, 10:40
I do not like Lara's look, the idea of survival action that includes meele attacks and strategic weapons - the bow.

The idea of one cohesive world is pretty exciting. Even if it's just one island, the ability of exploration is massive! We will finally have completely non-linear levels!

Sir Richard Croft
13th Jul 2009, 10:41
That's a strange poll, I think. Should be an option what I don't like, I think, too ;)

Mh, Well, I wouldn't want a new biography. We've had three of that in 8 games - it's quite a lot, don't you think? I'd like them stick to the TRL/TRA/TRU biography; this doesn't mean going on with that plot, I just don't want any conflicts.

Oh, and I think such a TR would make a good change for one game, but in TR10 - if there is one - I'd like tombs back.

Gemma_Darkmoon_
13th Jul 2009, 13:20
The weapons, survival and movement are the ones I went for. Those sound like good idea's.

Lara's look and Origin story I am not as keen on.

oraclebop
13th Jul 2009, 13:22
I love evwything!! :D

It's Pure Tomb Raiding Epicness! :D

jayjay119
13th Jul 2009, 13:33
I like everything except that Bow (which if made into a more crossbow like thing i could live with) and Lara's look far from looking like a young Lara she doesn't even look like Lara. I know graphics are becoming more realistic with each game but thats shouldn't affect the realism, Lara there looks older than in TRU.

trjunepearl
13th Jul 2009, 13:48
I only voted for the last three, although I was a bit skeptical of choosing them. However I didn't really see too much of the point in voting, as the majority of those things will most likely be changed by the time Tomb Raider 9 is released. I don't think Lara looks too much like Lara, especially considering that in the Origins story she is supposed to be younger than she even was in TR1 and now she looks about the same age or older than TRU Lara. The bow and arrow must go, I have nothing more to say about that....I do not want to be on horseback for the entire game, she'll look a hell of a lot like the female Robin Hood or something (I'd much prefer a motorbike and the trademark dual pistols)....the survival action thing...well I didn't know whether or not to vote for that, but it does explain somewhat of how Lara became who she is today, the strategic weapons didn't really strike me as something I should be voting for at the moment, and most of the other elements of the game.....well, let's just say all in all it needs quite a bit of tidying up. 'nuff said.

Pulse
13th Jul 2009, 20:40
Free Movement

I like to go to different places. But it'd be great to start a level and having multiple paths everywhere.

wdavid
14th Jul 2009, 11:52
I agree with you NatlaUnleashed94:D

_Love2Raid_
14th Jul 2009, 21:34
Everything but Lara's looks.

Max 28
15th Jul 2009, 01:55
I voted for: Lara's look, Creative Survival, Free Movement and Origins Story. :)

Dusk Knight
15th Jul 2009, 03:26
Free roam/cohesive world is most appealing. The other elements are also interesting.

I did not select Lara's looks or Origin story since I don't think nearly enough has been released for a fair assessment. Positioning this as an earlier adventure with a younger and less experienced Lara is interesting though.

Error96_
16th Jul 2009, 23:46
Creative suvival and Free movement are the ones I went for. Think they could give better and more exploration based gameplay. Don't like the new look Lara in the concept art and I am unsure on the others.

BlackThor
18th Jul 2009, 17:14
i like it all except for the new concept art( just doesn't look right), and the island thing to the lesser extent. the idea of a fully explorable island sounds good but part of the charm of tomb raider is all of the different places she goes to during her adventures. if they could make several different areas like that so that way you still get wide fully explorable areas but keep the TR tradition of traveling through many breathtaking environments.

LARALOVERnr1
18th Jul 2009, 17:21
I loooove the free movement-idea!

Flintmelody
30th Jul 2009, 16:33
The more time goes by the more I seem to think the idea's are real.

Some good idea's there but I think they would be a bit crazy to go with the changed Lara's look. It doesn't seem that popular.

jayjay119
30th Jul 2009, 17:41
again, its only a concept piece. Did you see the concepts from Legend? They looked nothing Like lara. Plus Legend had 3 different models, the AOD-ish one, the early Legend one then the final one that was in the game. Besides, she is meant to be a lot younger people don't always look the same you change as you grow up, 18 year old Lara is not gonna look exactly like 30 year old Lara.

Gemma_Darkmoon_
30th Jul 2009, 21:25
again, its only a concept piece. Did you see the concepts from Legend? They looked nothing Like lara. Plus Legend had 3 different models, the AOD-ish one, the early Legend one then the final one that was in the game. Besides, she is meant to be a lot younger people don't always look the same you change as you grow up, 18 year old Lara is not gonna look exactly like 30 year old Lara.

Legend, Anniversary and the Core games gave a good idea to what Lara looked like when she was younger. Really quite similiar to how she does now. The Legend AOD model was one of my fav Lara's ever. Even if it is a young Lara she has to look like Lara and not Megan Fox or anyone else.

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
30th Jul 2009, 21:34
just the free movement to be honest

jayjay119
31st Jul 2009, 11:36
Legend, Anniversary and the Core games gave a good idea to what Lara looked like when she was younger. Really quite similiar to how she does now. The Legend AOD model was one of my fav Lara's ever. Even if it is a young Lara she has to look like Lara and not Megan Fox or anyone else.

Whatever, the main pointyou should have taken away from that reply was 'concept art is representative of in game models.'

Katie_Fleming
31st Jul 2009, 13:51
It sounds a little too Swiss-Family-Robinson. Then again it depends how it's executed. I personally hope this concept was an early one that was scraped. It just seems too far out of the norm for Tomb Raider, but would make a great game for a different series (or start a new one).

jayjay119
1st Aug 2009, 14:58
That's thje point of a reboot. I really don't get it! Everyone here seemed to agree TR needed to change and do something different to prove it was still as good as it used to be, but as soon as something that is different comes up then everyone is 'oh no its to far from the TR norm' make up your minds people.

You know I really am starting to beleive you can never please fans, especially TR fans as they don't know what they want!

Ants_27_
3rd Aug 2009, 10:27
I think I voted for the origin story, I want to see what other traumatic events Crystal Dynamics will at her...

Gemma_Darkmoon_
22nd Aug 2009, 00:26
Some of the ideas have certainly be voted on in a positive way. Free movement and creative survival seem like good idea's and genuinely liked. Really hope that Lara's look is changed. I don't like it and dosn't seem that popular. I think Alison Carroll and Keely Hawes would be a way closer for a Lara look than Megan Fox that everyone is saying.

JRod108
22nd Aug 2009, 00:54
EverythIng. I didn't take the concept art as a literal representation of how Lara will look. The idea I got from it was that she will be YOUNGER. As in not the same. Many people are saying that she doesn't look like Lara. Why would she look exactly the same as Underworld Lara? Similar, yeah. Exact, no. I kinda like the bow. It has the potential to make the game harder than the past three CD games were as far as combat goes. This is supposedly an origins story so it makes sense for her not to have her pistols. Yeah, she should get them during the course of the game. After all, for what purpose would Lara need her pistols before now?

All the other aspects, I agree with everyone else.

BobbyDQ
17th Sep 2009, 16:26
One world and free movement seem great but not so much Lara's proposed new look.

Matze992
26th Sep 2009, 17:27
I think the look has to change from TRU actually I didn't like it...
Weapons have to be found during the adventure, that keeps the fun up and lets us discover any hidden place ;-)
The world can be open, but for me it was okay every time to be directed, because you have an aim so it's a bit weird to have many places to go to. Normally you should've one place where you have to go to, but it would be ok if it is like in PoP 2008 ;-).
The story should be MORE interesting than in TRU, TRU was over for me,when she killed her mother, because for me this was the Aim of the game.
I like free movement, but steer in the air is a bit stupid, because in reality this doesn't work. And yes, I know that many things in TR doesn't work in reality, but in my view this steering in the air is a bit over the top.

josh1122
26th Sep 2009, 17:45
you like a game to hold your hand the entire way? IE: PoP 2008?

^directed at Matze

Matze992
27th Sep 2009, 10:00
A question before, have you played Prince of Persia ( 2008)?
You could go wherever you want, BUT there you had to do your puzzles and your tasks.
I meant by a not so much open world, that it is stupid if the world is so open, that you can leave some puzzles out and things like that. Like in GTA that's a real open world and there you can leave some missions out, but end the story. I don't want such things.

(Sorry I'm from Germany and I try with all my knowledge of the English language to express myself, but it's hard sometimes ^^)

Ants_27_
27th Sep 2009, 10:11
A question before, have you played Prince of Persia ( 2008)?
You could go wherever you want, BUT there you had to do your puzzles and your tasks.
I meant by a not so much open world, that it is stupid if the world is so open, that you can leave some puzzles out and things like that. Like in GTA that's a real open world and there you can leave some missions out, but end the story. I don't want such things.

But also the level of open world GTA delivers takes many many years of development and lots of funding to make.

Anyway, I would also (said this before) love a similar survival gameplay that MGS 3 had.

tombraidergal
27th Sep 2009, 10:16
i voted nearly everything there! :p it all seems good to me.

JamesEnn
28th Sep 2009, 14:42
I think all of this sounds like a great idea, this game could really allow Tomb Raider to branch out and become a more grown up, adult based game.

Tihocan
28th Sep 2009, 22:39
The world can be open, but for me it was okay every time to be directed, because you have an aim so it's a bit weird to have many places to go to. Normally you should've one place where you have to go to, but it would be ok if it is like in PoP 2008 ;-)

you like a game to hold your hand the entire way? IE: PoP 2008?

I think what Matze is getting at is if you have a massive world with no clear/eluded to direction, the game may become frustrating and mundane.

Surely not holding your hand, but there needs to be enough clues to proceed - such that the only blame a gamer can place on failure is their own.

I voted all of the above, bring it on Crystal.

JRod108
29th Sep 2009, 00:58
Exactly, bring it on. Stop being scared that you'll make the game too hard CD! Give us something that challenges our intelligence rather that making me lose half my brain cells with the easy puzzles we've been getting lately.

EyeShotFirst
29th Sep 2009, 01:23
Really, I think the Croft Manor should have more to it. Not in terms of puzzles. But when I was playing Anniversary, I wished I could practice the adrenaline dodge. If they absolutely have to keep the adrenaline dodge, they should have a practice mode for it. The Croft Manor in Legend was very helpful for learning the different jumps and climbs which was all you needed to learn, But for Anniversary and Underworld they needed an adrenaline dodge practice area.

JRod108
29th Sep 2009, 01:55
No, no more adreneline dodge. I want 3PS style combat. I want to AIM!!

Arthur Pendragon
10th Oct 2009, 01:31
I hate the idea that Tomb Raider a once fun and interesting game has been subdued to a meteocre "M" rated game. More than that it is a horror game this sucks!!!!!!!!! (Even though this is probably fake leaked news,and I hope I am right!) THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : (

Also............what is with the demonic spirits and the stupid bow and machette

Excuse my vulgar comments................

no offence to anyone but this once great series has been subdued to PURE CRAP!!!

Sophiafan
14th Nov 2009, 03:23
Are these idea's the official idea's for the new game or just speculation?

Like the open world but less so bow and arrow. What is that all about?

neo111118
14th Nov 2009, 09:46
Every thing but Strategic Weapons