PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICIAL Demo Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

CaptainMcMulla
12th Jul 2009, 16:27
So the previous demo thread was closed because it spiralled out of control. PLEASE keep all the demo discussions in this thread and keep it on topic. If I or any other member sees any post which is nonsense then report it.
Zero Tolerance.

Latest Demo News

Facebook

"a really comprehensive and awesome demo is in the pipeline it'll be worth the wait, believe. We'll be announcing the release date of this demo towards the end of this month so just a little more patience. Thanks folks."

Comic Con 25/07/09

"this is one that you guys will like, the demo will be comig out in the next week or two"

A quote from this thread
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1076774&postcount=1

LemonLoafer
12th Jul 2009, 16:33
"...is nonsense" lolz.

KnowHowIGotTheseScars?
12th Jul 2009, 16:34
Well ... there isnt a demo right now .... there not announcing a date till the end of the month ... and the date they announce will be a week or two before the release .... thats about all the information anyone needs I think :D :D

Gary_Bailey
12th Jul 2009, 16:39
So the previous demo thread was closed because it spiralled out of control. PLEASE keep all the demo discussions in this thread and keep it on topic. If I or any other member sees any post which is nonsense then report it.
Zero Tolerance.

demo would be cool since I get the game a few days after Europe does.

Just instant report Ryo if he starts the next nagfest

ryukoken69
12th Jul 2009, 16:49
YOu have demo new?!?!? how you get demo news when Eidos wont even tell us about demo!
I think you lie!

ryukoken69
12th Jul 2009, 17:00
There is no demo news, and there probably won't be any until the end of the month. So the way I see it, this thread will get buried into the depths of the forum, everyone will forbget about it. Why? Because there is nothing ot discuss. I suggest making threads when they are needed. Becasue useless threads just waste space.

Someones cranky!
Besides it wont sink if we keep a posting in here! :rasp:

LemonLoafer
12th Jul 2009, 17:07
you have demo new?!?!? How you get demo news when eidos wont even tell us about demo!
I think you lie!

engrish alert!

artyfin
12th Jul 2009, 17:10
I'm glad the Captain created this thread; we need some good demo speculation, not just 'OMFG WHENZ THA DEMO OUT I WANT IT NOW!!!!!111!!1'.

I'm in two minds about downloading the demo. On the one hand, it will keep my appetite wet for the actual game, but it will also slightly ruin it for me, in the sense that I will have played a section of the game. You may argue that, if I think that, then why am I going to the Community Day? Well, I'll only have that day to test out the demo, aswell as watching presentations. What do you lot think?

ryukoken69
There is one thing!
WE WANT INFO!!!
ok lets start the chant up!
What do we want???
DEMO NEWS!
When do we want it?
NOW! NOW! NOW!

come on guys!

KnowHowIGotTheseScars?
The only thing to report is bad news .... they told us they would announce a date the the beginning of July ... now its been moved to the end of July

Why they need to keep a demo date secret .... I have no F-in idea but ... whatever

ryukoken69
12th Jul 2009, 17:31
I'm glad the Captain created this thread; we need some good demo speculation, not just 'OMFG WHENZ THA DEMO OUT I WANT IT NOW!!!!!111!!1'.

I'm in two minds about downloading the demo. On the one hand, it will keep my appetite wet for the actual game, but it will also slightly ruin it for me, in the sense that I will have played a section of the game. You may argue that, if I think that, then why am I going to the Community Day? Well, I'll only have that day to test out the demo, aswell as watching presentations. What do you lot think?

ever play the dead space demo? 360 version anyhow?
because it sticks you in a spot that really sucks and yet the full game where that part of the demo is, is different and much easier as you know whats going on and what to do!
So this demo could be like that!

Why So Serious ?
12th Jul 2009, 17:33
Zero Tolerance.

This thread is kinda misleading but its cool.:thumb:

JawsFanJesse
12th Jul 2009, 17:34
ever play the dead space demo? 360 version anyhow?
because it sticks you in a spot that really sucks and yet the full game where that part of the demo is, is different and much easier as you know whats going on and what to do!
So this demo could be like that!

I played it The End Scared me

Why So Serious ?
12th Jul 2009, 17:36
The only thing to report is bad news .... they told us they would announce a date the the beginning of July ... now its been moved to the end of July

Why they need to keep a demo date secret .... I have no F-in idea but ... whatever

Maybe there was never a demo in the 1st place. Yes they did have some for stores but that's different for the Xboxlive and PSN.

GibsonSGBat
12th Jul 2009, 17:45
Ah man when I saw this i thought there was gonna be some news...damn...Anyway good idea captain, this'll stop those pain in the backside demo threads

ryukoken69
12th Jul 2009, 17:52
Maybe if we all head to their office and start rioting for the news....

MCREF
12th Jul 2009, 18:08
Maybe if we all head to their office and start rioting for the news....

Go ahead. We're right behind you. *Leaves silently* :whistle:

joking btw

imported_The_Dark_Knight
12th Jul 2009, 18:08
There is no demo news, and there probably won't be any until the end of the month. So the way I see it, this thread will get buried into the depths of the forum, everyone will forbget about it. Why? Because there is nothing ot discuss. I suggest making threads when they are needed. Becasue useless threads just waste space.

Quite frankly, this.

TheJoker.
12th Jul 2009, 18:15
Finally someone decent creating a demo thread :)

ryukoken69
12th Jul 2009, 18:19
yes... because there is all this info that just needs its own thread....
wait I guess I musta missed the info about it in here...

The jackhammer
12th Jul 2009, 20:06
:o
yes... because there is all this info that just needs its own thread....
wait I guess I musta missed the info about it in here...

weve seen maybe 5 percent of this game
yet theres all these forums. its not all about the info we know. a lot is speculation.
now ryuken....i think just about every one knows youre pissed about the demo. hows about instead of talking more about how pissed you are, we can all be constructive and say what we hope will be in the demo.:o

GibsonSGBat
12th Jul 2009, 20:12
Man i dont really know what id want in the demo...id love a combat room, but i dont really know how theyd do or if id want to play a bit of the story

ryukoken69
12th Jul 2009, 20:20
well if it would be like the one in the stores, it would get old really quick.

evilmajikman
12th Jul 2009, 20:28

Unless your like me and enjoyed arcade 16 bit beat em ups too much when growing up.

(Streets of Rage, Final Fight, Double Dragon, Battletoads, Simpsons, Ninja Turtles, Mazinsaga, etc.)

Seriously, I'd be happy if they'd just release the challenge map demo from the stores on PSN/XBL.

ryukoken69
12th Jul 2009, 20:33
The differnce is huge tho....
I played that store demo and it was kinda annoying. It was sorta like assassins creed fighting... you dont so much fight as guide him to do stuff....
It makes it more fluid but less interactive while fighting...
at least it was to me

vulcanraven213
12th Jul 2009, 21:38
I'll take fluid over interactive anyday. Its looks more cinematic and not so choppy. -punch punch kick punch kick kick-

CapedCrusader1495
12th Jul 2009, 22:43
Does anyone think a demo date may be announced at Comic Con? It was just a thought that passed my mind recently.

ryukoken69
13th Jul 2009, 00:21
Thats probably true seeing as Keir had a big ol notice up near the end of june stating we would be giving demo info the first half of july and that only leaves 3 more days to complete it. But as of friday its been reported that some of the facebook responses are saying it will now be near the end of the month.

batfan08
13th Jul 2009, 00:53
I'm just curious,The message from eidos said a date and content description would be posted in early to mid july,did they postpone the announcement,because everyone is saying the end of the month,where did you guys here this,again,just curious.

vulcanraven213
13th Jul 2009, 01:06
I'm just curious,The message from eidos said a date and content description would be posted in early to mid july,did they postpone the announcement,because everyone is saying the end of the month,where did you guys here this,again,just curious.

Keir mentioned it in a thread.

Reecio
13th Jul 2009, 01:13
It was also a notice that appeared at the top of every thing on these forums :p

The New Blueguy
13th Jul 2009, 01:21
I really think the best thing that Eidos can do is release the demo a month early. July 23rd, 2009. I mean with all the content we're getting this probably the biggest comic book based game release ever. Another reason that would be awesome is because it would be exactly a month to what would've been the official release of the game had everything originally went to schedule.

batfan08
13th Jul 2009, 03:53
what thread did Keir mention it in.

Batman The Trailer Hunter
13th Jul 2009, 03:59
what thread did Keir mention it in.

Yeah where is this thread! And ive been searching Facebook and i never found where they say end of july!

Why So Serious ?
13th Jul 2009, 04:02
Correctamondo.

But not all the villains that are in the game are in the trailer, I should add.

As trailers go it's stirring stuff :D

so we know theres more villains..

The_Hylden
13th Jul 2009, 04:59
With all of those profiles (what there, like 40 some? Right?) it would be ridiculous if there were only 6 of them that we fought:p

Why So Serious ?
13th Jul 2009, 05:06
With all of those profiles (what there, like 40 some? Right?) it would be ridiculous if there were only 6 of them that we fought:p

i'm hoping for at least 8-10

seth1138
13th Jul 2009, 05:33

All the game retail stores in Australia dont have the demo you guys are talking about:( so I'd be happy with that demo.

The_Hylden
13th Jul 2009, 06:13
i'm hoping for at least 8-10

I'd be surprised if it weren't more. :)

Why So Serious ?
13th Jul 2009, 06:21
I'd be surprised if it weren't more. :)

well i was looking at this http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/batman-arkham-asylum/achievements/ and noticed that 10 of the secret achievements are wroth 10 and a lot of the time they are bosses for that game such as in Ghostbusters http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/ghostbusters-the-video-game/achievements/ all the secret ones were bosses except for the top one that talks about the firehouse. so i'm guessing this game will have 10 villains

sd921
13th Jul 2009, 06:40
well i was looking at this http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/batman-arkham-asylum/achievements/ and noticed that 10 of the secret achievements are wroth 10 and a lot of the time they are bosses for that game such as in Ghostbusters http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/ghostbusters-the-video-game/achievements/ all the secret ones were bosses except for the top one that talks about the firehouse. so i'm guessing this game will have 10 villains

thats actually a really good idea:thumb:

MilkFace
13th Jul 2009, 06:46

Seriously good notice there ;) But i really really hope to see clayface or twoface. Who knows....lets wait and see.

batfan08
13th Jul 2009, 06:56
As far as Two-Face goes.I'm starting to think Harvey isn't Two-Face yet,I just find it interesting that they removed the "coins" that were mentioned in the GameInformer article,but yet there are Harvey Dent campaign posters on the walls.It might be a little inconsistent since Babs is already Oracle and such,but they did say this is an original IP,so,who knows what creative changes they could make.Just a thought.

CaptainMcMulla
13th Jul 2009, 07:14

This is the reason why i created thie thread. To speculate what the demo could be about etc. Thats what the previous thread was about but people just went mad.

DarthHobbs
13th Jul 2009, 07:29
Hi Guys & Gals

I like the thread CaptainMcMulla.

I hope the Demo does come out and in my opinion I would like it to be a Challenge Room and a different one from Crime Alley Map you get with our Batman Arkham Asylum Collector’s Edition pre-order just to leave that map for a surprise and to tease a map that you have to earn is a cool way to keep you playing and finding all the items to unlock the same map you played.

But I would also like a single player level a level as well as the challenge map I don’t think it should be too hard maybe the beginning of the game or level 2 in the game. It’s a hard thing to choose a level that will show you what he can do he shouldn’t be powered up till like the last section of the demo maybe then after trying him out and using the his basic abilities and power-ups you can choose 1 power-up weapon or combat move and get to use it before the demo’s end that would be sweet and a great way to tease us till the games release.

These are my thoughts I don’t what you guys think. That’s the problem with demo’s they can make or break a game for most people and if they don’t like it they won’t get the game you want to get it just right.

The best example for that is Splinter Cell for the PS2 firstly I’m a Splinter Cell nut just so you know the Demo for Splinter Cell was so hard I didn’t get the game till after I bought and completed Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow its demo was better than the first games demo btw. When I played Splinter Cell after Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow I found out they choose the mission like 3 missions from the end and that was the hardest one to go through even after playing it from the beginning but you got to know him and his abilities before hand which helped.

It was pretty much like an Airman chucked you out the back of airplane without telling you how to use the parachute if you take my meaning. But after learning this from my experience I like demo’s but I take them with a pinch of sault now.

I find it better for metal health and your wallet to read the reviews the good and bad and watch as many movies and trailers as you can before hand this is the best way for me and it works for me.

Take care guys can’t wait for the demo but more importantly the game.

Ps. Sorry for the long post But I wanted to share my thoughts on the demo but also the pros & cons of them since it's also an issue people are talking about in this thread..

CaptainMcMulla
13th Jul 2009, 07:32
^ good idea DarthHobbs. I was thinking along the lines of that too. I was wondering instead of spoiling the story mode they can give us 2 challenge maps. One invisible predator & one freeflow combat map, that way we can have the taste of the two main aspects of the game.

The_Hylden
13th Jul 2009, 07:44
^ good idea DarthHobbs

God: "'Course it's a good idea!!"

:p

CaptainMcMulla
13th Jul 2009, 07:45
God: "'Course it's a good idea!!"

:p

some may disagree, no names mentioned.

DarthHobbs
13th Jul 2009, 08:39
Hi Guys & Gals

When the demo comes out if we only get the Invisible Predator Mode and the Free Flow Combat modes I'd be quite happy with that and it's a good way to tease and show off Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman's abilities and the gadgets.

That might be the best way to sell the game in terms of the demo and that's the job of a demo to show off the game and what a good way so show off the game and it's other game modes and by extension the combat and tools and abilities you'll be able to use in the full game.

GibsonSGBat
13th Jul 2009, 09:17
Hi Guys & Gals

When the demo comes out if we only get the Invisible Predator Mode and the Free Flow Combat modes I'd be quite happy with that and it's a good way to tease and show off Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman's abilities and the gadgets.

That might be the best way to sell the game in terms of the demo and that's the job of a demo to show off the game and what a good way so show off the game and it's other game modes and by extension the combat and tools and abilities you'll be able to use in the full game.

This^, good idea man.

ObsessedMIA
13th Jul 2009, 09:28
I really hope that the demo is invisible predator mode and the combat challenge mixed so you can see the many choices that you have within the game rather than just invisible predator or combat game play.

What do you guys think?

HeartlessSystem
13th Jul 2009, 12:01
by my calculations, keir siad there would be an announce ment at the first half of july, so thus in 47 hours at GMT it wil be roughly be midday on the 15th, which is the middle of the month. so my hypothosis is that we will hear something on wednesday.
also, another scientific thery...
E=mc2 :lol:

evilmajikman
13th Jul 2009, 12:40
The differnce is huge tho....
I played that store demo and it was kinda annoying. It was sorta like assassins creed fighting... you dont so much fight as guide him to do stuff....
It makes it more fluid but less interactive while fighting...
at least it was to me

I didn't feel Assassins creed at all actually. There was no beat em up feeling I got from AC. My main strategy in that game consisted of climbing to roofs and throw the enemies to their death when they finished climbing.

For me it was more like the bouncer, just without all the teammates.

ryukoken69
13th Jul 2009, 12:41

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=90848
There ya go.

GibsonSGBat
13th Jul 2009, 13:24
Man I really do hope that they do announce some news on the demo release in this half of the month. Even the news that they will announce the release sate in the second half would satisfy my need for demo news as it would stop all this annoying uncertanty.

CaptainMcMulla
13th Jul 2009, 16:55
the later they announce it the shorter the wait. the earlier they announce it the longer the wait. BE WISE MY FRIENDS.

GibsonSGBat
13th Jul 2009, 16:58
the later they announce it the shorter the wait. the earlier they announce it the longer the wait. BE WISE MY FRIENDS.

Very Wise^:thumb: Hadnt thought of it like that.

The jackhammer
13th Jul 2009, 17:01
i like that idea cap'n
however if i had to choose id go for invisable predator

CaptainMcMulla
13th Jul 2009, 17:02
Very Wise^:thumb: Hadnt thought of it like that.
Thats why im not too fussed about the demo announcement. They can announce it right on the final minute of July 31st and i still wont mind.

imported_The_Dark_Knight
13th Jul 2009, 17:11
The demo will come when it comes. ;)

Goodmangamerguy
13th Jul 2009, 17:15
well there alot of mods on now! Perfect time as any to announce it!

KillerCroc
13th Jul 2009, 17:16
Not really. They announce it when they will, what's the date, 14th? They said the first half of July so it could be tomorrow, but either way, I'm still getting my CE. :D

Why So Serious ?
13th Jul 2009, 17:22
Not really. They announce it when they will, what's the date, 14th? They said the first half of July so it could be tomorrow, but either way, I'm still getting my CE. :D

were i live its the 13th

Goodmangamerguy
13th Jul 2009, 17:24

Yeah I guess you're right Killer Croc! Bonzai for Collector's Editions! HOORAH!:nut::D

KillerCroc
13th Jul 2009, 17:25
13th, so there is 2 more days. Woohoo! So anybody play any good PS3 games lately? I need something to pass the time.

Why So Serious ?
13th Jul 2009, 17:28
13th, so there is 2 more days. Woohoo! So anybody play any good PS3 games lately? I need something to pass the time.

Silly question ... whats on the 15th?

KillerCroc
13th Jul 2009, 17:28
Silly question ... whats on the 15th? Um, I don't know. Maybe news...that's what we were hoping for, or at least by then.

Why So Serious ?
13th Jul 2009, 17:36
Um, I don't know. Maybe news...that's what we were hoping for, or at least by then.

well it couldn't be a new video, unless it's a new villain:scratch:

It could be about the demo:scratch:

Why So Serious ?
13th Jul 2009, 17:41
http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/the-eurogamer-tv-show-batman-arkham-asylum

is that new

HeartlessSystem
13th Jul 2009, 17:45
http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/the-eurogamer-tv-show-batman-arkham-asylum

is that new

no, sorry man....their toilet is awsome though!

LoboUDL
13th Jul 2009, 17:53
I'd be happy with the demo that's in the stores now. Then I wouldn't have to leave the house to go play it. :P

MilkFace
13th Jul 2009, 18:37
The only one and just one thing satisfies me is DEMO. ;) Nothing else just little demo.

Vigilance
13th Jul 2009, 18:43
I'd be happy with the demo that's in the stores now. Then I wouldn't have to leave the house to go play it. :P

what's in stores now?:eek:

GibsonSGBat
13th Jul 2009, 19:16
what's in stores now?:eek:

In some American stores like Gamestop they have a demo of the game which is a combat challenge room. It isnt anywhere else I dont think though. Hope it helped!:)

The jackhammer
13th Jul 2009, 22:09
gamestop best buy...places like that got a demo. a while ago though probably not the one we'll get.
just watched "Batman Beyond: the return of joker"
hell of a film

Vigilance
13th Jul 2009, 23:25
Is it back or are you referring to the one that was out like a month ago? Last time I was in Gamestop (I had NO idea this event was taking place) and I preordered it, the guy asked me if I came in to try it while the demo was in select stores. I told him no and he said I missed a hell of a fun time. The employees were supposedly playing it during every slow moment of each day that it was there. They ******* loved it. I was so disappointed to find out I'd missed it/not known about it at all.

If it's back, I gotta go to Gamestop next time I have a day off (which isn't till next week... when I get back from my physical exam for the navy). I won't be so anxious for the demo if it's back. If it's not, then I'm still sad and wanting to play the game, though reading these forums makes me feel a lot better because some people really seem to be having trouble dealing with a little wait... for a ******* video game. And not just a video game, but it's demo. It's definitely good for a few laughs.

scarecrow22
14th Jul 2009, 02:07
I dont even want a demo, demos ruin games for me
i already know from playing the gamestop demo and watching the e3 demo that there is a vent that goes to some secret place in the first room you start out in, AND i havent even played the game!!
also if you play a demo too much then you get too good and it ruins the progressive advancment of your skill level to match how far you are in the game
but as for the demo that i have already played, the combat is sick... nothing like assassins creed, your a lot less stationary and it makes you actually feel like your the batman.

And i only got one more thing to say... be cool about this people, play the demo once or twice, dont over use it and ruin the game for yourself
i did that with wolverine and it was not cool
thx for listening

dante13x11
14th Jul 2009, 02:29
there not announcing a date till the end of the month

So the announcement of the release date is now the end of this month?? When did this S**t happen

The jackhammer
14th Jul 2009, 02:41
a while back. dont worry about it
for all we know the demos still coming out on schedule.
im glad for demos. saved me from ufc.
dont get me wrong, super mega awesome game.
60 bux good?
.....not so much.
already payed $108 for this arkham so lets hope it doesnt disapoint

dante13x11
14th Jul 2009, 03:08
Well i just don't want this to be announced at the end of this month then the demo comes out a day before game...and i don't care what demo it is a demo is a demo i just want to play it all day...but im hoping that on the 15 or today 14 as in 12:00 Am right now so that i can stop getting up everyday searching high and low for news and Xbox live seeing if demo date has been announced just knowing the day would help i could relax and count the days like Christmas

scarecrow22
14th Jul 2009, 03:10
just count the days to the 25th bro

SuperAdam79
14th Jul 2009, 03:40
just count the days to the 25th bro

That's what I have been doing!! Just don't wake up every morning hoping it's gonna happen, I stopped doing that when the delayed the date for it.

CaptainMcMulla
14th Jul 2009, 07:46
i shall update the op when we hear any latest demo news.

dante13x11
14th Jul 2009, 16:23
Has any body got some news this morning? Its the 14th and if Eidos keeps their word the demo announcement should be today or tomorrow? and one more thing its a little of topic i think but is there any games out there like this batman already that i could be playing to help me wait for batman to come out?

GibsonSGBat
14th Jul 2009, 17:47
Has any body got some news this morning? Its the 14th and if Eidos keeps their word the demo announcement should be today or tomorrow? and one more thing its a little of topic i think but is there any games out there like this batman already that i could be playing to help me wait for batman to come out?

Apparently edios plan to release word about the demo a tad later, but i'd rather edios get what they want done than release a half hearted demo. They know what theyre doing.

On a different note, have you tried lego batman? I think its a very enjoyable game, I really enjoyed my playthrough and id highly reccomend it. Ghostbusters is also quite cool. There the games im tiding myself over with anyway!

dante13x11
14th Jul 2009, 17:59
Alright thanks for the update and ill be giving those i try today and everyone keeps these good updates coming it really helps people that are going threw withdrawals!! :)

GibsonSGBat
14th Jul 2009, 18:11
Alright thanks for the update and ill be giving those i try today and everyone keeps these good updates coming it really helps people that are going threw withdrawals!! :)

Theres a demo available for lego batman on xbox live (and I believe psn), if you want to download it 1st to see its a good idea. I loved it! Hope it helps buddy :)

AdamWest
14th Jul 2009, 18:13
Theres a demo available for lego batman on xbox live (and I believe psn), if you want to download it 1st to see its a good idea. I loved it! Hope it helps buddy :)

I'm debating whether or not to go buy a used copied of that game just for fun

GibsonSGBat
14th Jul 2009, 18:16
I'm debating whether or not to go buy a used copied of that game just for fun

I'd actually reccomend it, its a real fun game. You actually feel like bats, its quite strange lol. The graphics are actually pretty sweet, and theres alot more you can do in lego bats than the other lego games like star wars or indy, like bombs, more fighting moves etc. As i said the best way to see if you like it is to try the demo, although i think its a cracking game!

AdamWest
14th Jul 2009, 18:18
I'd actually reccomend it, its a real fun game. You actually feel like bats, its quite strange lol. The graphics are actually pretty sweet, and theres alot more you can do in lego bats than the other lego games like star wars or indy, like bombs, more fighting moves etc. As i said the best way to see if you like it is to try the demo, although i think its a cracking game!

I played the demo quite a while back and I really enjoyed it but didn't know if it was worth the buy, thanks

14th Jul 2009, 18:19
Sometimes i wished they didnt give any demo news and just randomly released it!

GibsonSGBat
14th Jul 2009, 18:20
I played the demo quite a while back and I really enjoyed it but didn't know if it was worth the buy, thanks

I wouldnt pay full whack, but its a good bargain now.

GibsonSGBat
14th Jul 2009, 18:21
Sometimes i wished they didnt give any demo news and just randomly released it!

soz for the 2x post btw, but id love just to turn it on one day and to have the demo online...That would make my day lol! :D

14th Jul 2009, 18:27
soz for the 2x post btw, but id love just to turn it on one day and to have the demo online...That would make my day lol! :D

Yeah and not have to worry about pointless threads wondering when it will come!

Joker's Jolly Jester
14th Jul 2009, 20:04
In the B:AA at comic con thread Keir said they are not annoucing the demo during comic con but they are annoucing something else mayb, any way that could mean they are annoucing the demo before the 25 of july heres hoping

The jackhammer
14th Jul 2009, 21:30
Today my friends.....I have lived
I played the in store demo. The last time I tried, gamestop had it's ps3 down. So I went to the one in the mall. I've watched videos and it looked boring after a while. It's really not, you don get tired of kicking ass batman style. The controls are fluid and easy to learn. The slowmo animations are great. I honestly didn't want to leave. I would have had a nice vid to go along but my friends are stupid :/
I can not freaking wait until august 25th

HeartlessSystem
14th Jul 2009, 21:33
Today my friends.....I have lived
I played the in store demo. The last time I tried, gamestop had it's ps3 down. So I went to the one in the mall. I've watched videos and it looked boring after a while. It's really not, you don get tired of kicking ass batman style. The controls are fluid and easy to learn. The slowmo animations are great. I honestly didn't want to leave. I would have had a nice vid to go along but my friends are stupid :/
I can not freaking wait until august 25th

at least you can play the store demo... sometimes it **** to be English

robinsnotstupid
14th Jul 2009, 22:10
im looking foward to this game, its looks cool and the demo at gamestop was cool...

but that said, i worry becuase superman returns and jla heros looked cool and man did those suck.

anyway, the reason i am posting...

i keep reading articles and watching walk threws that say its the first two hours of gameplay.

if the game is done enough to send to mags and websites to play and preview, shoudlent it be done enough to make a demo.

assuming thats true, why not just say when that demo will be available? its seems odd to push back when your going to tell people when something is goign to be available.

The jackhammer
14th Jul 2009, 23:28
There's a reason for everything my friends.
Perhaps some glitch set them back
perhaps sony/xbox live are the problem
perhaps they're watching us squirm.
Who knows. But also who cares. I've been salivating for this game for a year now. One more month can't hurt.....badly

dante13x11
14th Jul 2009, 23:53
On a different note, have you tried lego batman? I think its a very enjoyable game, I really enjoyed my playthrough and id highly reccomend it. Ghostbusters is also quite cool. There the games im tiding myself over with anyway!

So went down to Eb Games finished my payments and bought Lego Batman and this should hold me until the demo or even the game comes out but im not going to lie im still a little bummed that Eidos seems to be having a hard time sticking to their word...but after playing Lego Batman i would like to have a little invisible predator/Story mode demo But not doubt in my mind now this is going to be one of my most favorite games of all time right next to Earthworm Jim

Pick311
14th Jul 2009, 23:58
Does anyone wanna travel up to the Rockies with me and bury me in snow to help pass time...This wait is killing me. Come on August 25th!:thumb:

JawsFanJesse
15th Jul 2009, 00:01
Does anyone wanna travel up to the Rockies with me and bury me in snow to help pass time...This wait is killing me. Come on August 25th!:thumb:

Ha Ha I Would Like to help :p

The jackhammer
15th Jul 2009, 00:04
South parks an awesome show :)
ironically the wiis the only system not to see arkh asylum ha

dante13x11
15th Jul 2009, 06:39
So i decided to come and let some people know what alot of people are saying i know its not reliable but it helps some people to know what everyone is saying and this is the speculation
everyone is saying they are saying that the demo is probably going to be announced before comic-con and come out about Aug 5th to 10th i know that may be completely wrong but it does sound kinda of right for some reason so if anyone would like to give some stuff they have heard i would love to hear it
Also i hope thats not of topic to much i never got to see the other threads about the demo abd this is my first time on any forums

HeartlessSystem
15th Jul 2009, 13:30
I was wondering, have they changed the announcement date for the demo from middle of july to the end of july? because the first announcement said middle, but the myspace thing said end...
any theorys :scratch:

Sterlington
15th Jul 2009, 13:31
I was wondering, have they changed the announcement date for the demo from middle of july to the end of july? because the first announcement said middle, but the myspace thing said end...
any theorys :scratch:

Yes, they changed it to the end of July.

HeartlessSystem
15th Jul 2009, 13:32
Yes, they changed it to the end of July.

where did you hear this? just wondering....

AdamWest
15th Jul 2009, 13:33
where did you hear this? just wondering....

First page bro

HeartlessSystem
15th Jul 2009, 13:38
First page bro

ahh... I wish a mod could explain....
someone get the keir signal!

AdamWest
15th Jul 2009, 13:44
ahh... I wish a mod could explain....
someone get the keir signal!

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l185/Thomas_17th/2enyv7q.jpg

HeartlessSystem
15th Jul 2009, 13:57
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l185/Thomas_17th/2enyv7q.jpg

guess he's running late :rasp:

The jackhammer
15th Jul 2009, 16:49
did i mention that in the in store game demo you also get to fight zsasz??
that was pretty fun, another strange thing was one guy had a gun....hard to focus taking him out when theres like 20 people mobbing you

dante13x11
15th Jul 2009, 18:34
So i know that the announcement was postponed but has anything else been release about the demo or just any news about the game? and a little off topic again but Lego Batman is a good game to play while waiting i also got Call of Juarez:Bound in Blood it is really good too

15th Jul 2009, 19:12
Well the month is halfway over and no demo date. I guess we get to wait another 16 days :eek:

GothamKnight
15th Jul 2009, 19:40
Well the month is halfway over and no demo date. I guess we get to wait another 16 days :eek:

Oh noes!:(

mrbatar
15th Jul 2009, 19:47
Where is this info on their FaceBook page - all I see is them being at Comic-Con?

dante13x11
15th Jul 2009, 20:14
Where is this info on their FaceBook page - all I see is them being at Comic-Con?

Mrbatar go to there official site go down to the part that says

"Batman: Arkham Asylum - The Official Page We've got the Friday feeling and to celebrate here's a heads-up for you: a twisted new Villains Trailer releases today on IGN.com at 1700 GMT/1100 PDT. Enjoy and have a good weekend everybody!"

Click where it says view comments then go down to the 5th one it should say

"Batman: Arkham Asylum - The Official Page
Batman: Arkham Asylum - The Official Page at 3:30am July 10
@ Victor and others - a really comprehensive and awesome demo is in the pipeline it'll be worth the wait, believe. We'll be announcing the release date of this demo towards the end of this month so just a little more patience. Thanks folks."

Hope that helps It does suck that there isn't any demo news was really hoping there would be...kinda bummed anyone with me... :(

CaptainMcMulla
15th Jul 2009, 20:18
adamwest stole my keir signal picture. im suing adamwest x10. :lol:

dante13x11
15th Jul 2009, 20:28
Just found out something that i didn't know that alot of people might not know or might have speculations about?!
but i can't say i might have fallen of the the boat guys and em drowning so if this is old news let me know
I just read like right after my last post... they said on Facebook that they will be announcing the demo this month
So it must be before or after Comic Con because they have already said that they wont announce at comic con heres the post from Facebook

"Batman: Arkham Asylum - The Official Page
Batman: Arkham Asylum - The Official Page at 2:04pm July 15
@ Junaid and Mohan, are you chaps coming down? There's a few spaces left so get your emails off and we'll book you a place on the list.

@ Nick, keep it clean please.

@ Teddy - we're announcing the release date of the demo this month so stay tuned because you'll hear it here first, y0."

So that's pretty cool But still really bummed they didn't announce it today

Why So Serious ?
15th Jul 2009, 20:41
keir said there will be something new at comic con so wait until then
On July 22nd we get somthing new
and isnt there something new today? I kepted hearing about something on the 15th

GibsonSGBat
15th Jul 2009, 20:42
keir said there will be something new at comic con so wait until then
On July 22nd we get somthing new
and isnt there something new today? I kepted hearing about something on the 15th

I think its the recording of a new podcast. Not the release, just the recording. Hope it helps :)

Why So Serious ?
15th Jul 2009, 20:45
I think its the recording of a new podcast. Not the release, just the recording. Hope it helps :)

Oh i knew it was something but i cant wait until comic con

GibsonSGBat
15th Jul 2009, 21:14
Oh i knew it was something but i cant wait until comic con

Same here man, I cant wait to see what theyve got lined up :D !

A Dark Hunter
15th Jul 2009, 21:25
Same here man, I cant wait to see what theyve got lined up :D !

Haha! Your sig! :D

Turn and Face the Strange
15th Jul 2009, 21:29
It has to be Invisible Predator, the same demo Sefton Hill demo'd ages ago. Just that one room, but the replay value would be immense (playing through it again and again with different methods)

A Dark Hunter
15th Jul 2009, 21:46
It has to be Invisible Predator, the same demo Sefton Hill demo'd ages ago. Just that one room, but the replay value would be immense (playing through it again and again with different methods)

The replay value for the entire game is high. Considering that the inmates do different things every time....kinda like L4D....

scarecrow22
15th Jul 2009, 22:29
scarecrow!

A Dark Hunter
15th Jul 2009, 22:41
scarecrow!

What???? :confused:

CaptainMcMulla
16th Jul 2009, 07:12
i have added the demo rumour from playstation lifestyle into the OP.

GibsonSGBat
16th Jul 2009, 10:49
I hope the bats demo isnt region locked like the ghostbusters. I think its ridiculus. These console things have done too far now. I want to play a demo to see if I like the game and just because of where I live (or what console I own) Im for some reason denied the right to play what people elsewhere can. Im usally Quite calm, but thats really peeved me. Please dont make the bats demo like it aswell, Ive waited ages for ghostbusters now have to wait even bloomin longer when everyone else is playing it, and I dont want myself and others to have to do the same with b:aa. Please could someone explain the benefis of region locking for me? I dont really understand why companies would do it. Thanks guys.

luke344
16th Jul 2009, 12:07
I hope the bats demo isnt region locked like the ghostbusters. I think its ridiculus. These console things have done too far now. I want to play a demo to see if I like the game and just because of where I live (or what console I own) Im for some reason denied the right to play what people elsewhere can. Im usally Quite calm, but thats really peeved me. Please dont make the bats demo like it aswell, Ive waited ages for ghostbusters now have to wait even bloomin longer when everyone else is playing it, and I dont want myself and others to have to do the same with b:aa. Please could someone explain the benefis of region locking for me? I dont really understand why companies would do it. Thanks guys.

Do what I did buy ghostbusters off ebay its region free and I don't think the demo will be region locked wouldn't be the best move on there part stopping potential buyers from certain regions.

Hook1123
16th Jul 2009, 13:09
I hope the game includes The Riddler and Scarecrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!

Why So Serious ?
16th Jul 2009, 13:10
I hope the game includes The Riddler and Scarecrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird
B-b-b-bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a bird, bird, bird, the bird is the word
A-well-a bird, bird, bird, well the bird is the word
A-well-a bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a don't you know about the bird?
Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word!
A-well-a...

Bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word
Well, everybody's talking about the bird!
A-well-a bird...

curiousgerbil
16th Jul 2009, 13:36
A-well-a...

A-well-a bird...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

GibsonSGBat
16th Jul 2009, 15:03
A-well-a...

A-well-a bird...

LOL! :lol::lol::lol::lol: youve made my day:D:lol::lol:

dante13x11
16th Jul 2009, 16:13
So any word on Facebook or other forums about the demo besides the PlayStation one and also on that PlayStation news site thing it says just the name and i think (TBA) was that a TBA for august or July?confused .....a little

WarrENDeatH
16th Jul 2009, 17:42
So nothing is solid yet? It's mid july, I was hoping for something atleast solid.

scarecrow22
16th Jul 2009, 19:55
What???? :confused:

someone asked what villain id like to see

The jackhammer
16th Jul 2009, 22:35
Soon my friends
we shall taste that sweet. Sweet demo soon

thebatman226
16th Jul 2009, 22:39
Keir said hed announce the release date in the first half of this month, he failed.
Its gonna end up being 1-2 weeks before the actual release of the game so i wont even bother and just keep allll of it a surprise :cool:

JawsFanJesse
16th Jul 2009, 22:54
The Demo :P I want it but its Just not there lol

The jackhammer
16th Jul 2009, 22:59
I'm sure it wasn't Keirs decision alone. Nor one he made just for the fun of it. But rest assured I'll download the demo

thebatman226
16th Jul 2009, 23:26
Well keir shouldve let us know know theyll be announcing it later, it annoyed me that he didint.

The jackhammer
17th Jul 2009, 00:09
Perhaps he was not able to. You can't expect the man to lose his job or something like that over this. It's no big deal. Every one makes mistakes. Besides were probably getting the demo the same time as originally planned. So who cares

JawsFanJesse
17th Jul 2009, 00:16
Perhaps he was not able to. You can't expect the man to lose his job or something like that over this. It's no big deal. Every one makes mistakes. Besides were probably getting the demo the same time as originally planned. So who cares

And if we don't ?

dante13x11
17th Jul 2009, 01:46
Of coarse people are going to be upset that that they didn't announce it whens they said they would but it does feel like they are F**King with us

now im pretty good knowing there will be something announced about the demo this month but if not then honestly im not going to make big deal over Eidos game because they aren't reliable if they don't announce this month

but still i read a lot about this and alot of people are making some good points like if the game is finished enough to send to mags and stuff then why cant they announce a demo? but i don't want to go to far into because i don't want to get pissed and get other people pissed so hopefully Keir will keeps us posted

JawsFanJesse
17th Jul 2009, 02:45
I wounder What Type of Demo it Will be :rolleyes:

The Grimm Joker
17th Jul 2009, 17:25
Well keir shouldve let us know know theyll be announcing it later, it annoyed me that he didint.

I agree at least tell us why you couldnt tell us.... you know they are probably planning on pushing back the date just a little more....for belt clipping of corse.....

curiousgerbil
17th Jul 2009, 17:52
It's not Keir's fault that we don't have the demo news. He gives us the info as soon as he's allowed.

GibsonSGBat
17th Jul 2009, 18:02
It's not Keir's fault that we don't have the demo news. He gives us the info as soon as he's allowed.

This^^^ edios are doing their best, and they are loyal to the community and help us out lods. Keir today posted a batman playthrough review.

Sterlington
17th Jul 2009, 18:12
Thats the problem. He gave us the news WAY too early.

This^^^ edios are doing their best, and they are loyal to the community and help us out lods. Keir today posted a batman playthrough review.

And? playthrouigh reviews are all the same. "the fighting is a fluid as water, X is to attack" the same stuff we already know

17th Jul 2009, 18:17
Thats the problem. He gave us the news WAY too early.

And? playthrouigh reviews are all the same. "the fighting is a fluid as water, X is to attack" the same stuff we already know

Is it that important for new stuff???

Sterlington
17th Jul 2009, 18:29
Is it that important for new stuff???

I just want me a demo, so I can leave.

17th Jul 2009, 18:33
I just want me a demo, so I can leave.

Who cares if the demo comes. Its the game you wanna buy

A Dark Hunter
17th Jul 2009, 18:53
^^ Well yeah, but the demo is what is going to hold you over until the game itself.

17th Jul 2009, 19:24
^^ Well yeah, but the demo is what is going to hold you over until the game itself.

Trailers in pictures of Harley and Ivy...:scratch: :lol: :rolleyes: :D :cool: :p

A Dark Hunter
17th Jul 2009, 19:26
Trailers in pictures of Harley and Ivy...:scratch: :lol: :rolleyes: :D :cool: :p

Ok that was kinda funny...:D

HeartlessSystem
18th Jul 2009, 11:29
Day 18 no news on demo. starting to feel feverish. dont think i can last much longer... :p

GibsonSGBat
18th Jul 2009, 11:47
Day 18 no news on demo. starting to feel feverish. dont think i can last much longer... :p

Dont worry buddy, we can live through this demo drought...we can do it!!!!!!!

HeartlessSystem
18th Jul 2009, 12:00
Dont worry buddy, we can live through this demo drought...we can do it!!!!!!!

Its like 'I am Alive'!

18th Jul 2009, 15:55
Lol whenever the demo comes i'm goina have to wait another 24 hrs for it to load!

Batman:THE DARK KNIGHT
18th Jul 2009, 15:57
I'm perfectly fine waiting for a demo, but I think the staff jumped the gun when they had that permanent note that said demo coming soon....then after a week or so.....it wasnt so permanent. So that wasnt cool. As long as they dont say they will give us something and then take it back I'm fine...but you gotta take everything with a grain of salt. Hopefully this still comes out august 25th.....:hmm:

HeartlessSystem
18th Jul 2009, 15:58
Lol whenever the demo comes i'm goina have to wait another 24 hrs for it to load!

Then just as it loads your internet breaks.
Until August 25th

18th Jul 2009, 15:59
Then just as it loads your internet breaks.
Until August 25th

:eek: :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

CrashxUae
18th Jul 2009, 17:03
We dont have to play the demo becuase the Game is not too far to released !!!!

dante13x11
18th Jul 2009, 22:14
This is getting funny i want the demo really bad but people on other threads are like threatening the staff and saying they are done and to ban there account and all kinds of crazy S**t but we'll know by the end of the month and im fine with that news so by the 31st we'll know

The jackhammer
18th Jul 2009, 23:32
I agree. This is all getting a little ridiculous. The game was delayed like 2 monthes but no body was like "rock steady lied to us!" back then

The jackhammer
18th Jul 2009, 23:33
:scratch:Although granted, people were hella pissed

dante13x11
19th Jul 2009, 01:19
People are but we do have a kinda date we'll know by the end of the month

The_Hylden
19th Jul 2009, 01:57
People aren't mad. They're just impatient and used to getting their way. Instant! Now! You're not giving it to me faster! WHY?!!

Bah... Problem is, game developers, like Hollywood, shouldn't have decided giving fans more before they gave them the actual product was better. Over the years we've gotten more trailers... Before, a movie would have one, maybe two trailers, and that's it... No, that wasn't good enough. Then it was three. Then, trailers weren't enough, actual clips OF movies were released. You can watch almost a third of some movies in five minute clips now... Who the hell wants to do that and spoil it for themselves?? Well, now, people are used to it and DEMAND it...

Games are the same. The amount of trailers and media coverage in general DEMANDED now is asinine. It's just because the producers have given consistently more and more content out, to a consistently more and more demanding audience... Stupid. The old saying of humanity remains true...:

"Give 'em an inch, they'll take a mile."

The object should be to TEASE, not appease. So, it's their own fault for capitulating to their consumers. The desire will be there, even more so, if the tease is made all the more shorter and vague. Cloverfield, and a few movies that have followed (where the entire film isn't spoiled already in the multiple trailers, media coverage, etc.) re-introduced this notion to the world. Instant and now, now, now, is not always a good thing. In fact, we're a very impatient society (myself, heavily included). Ah well...

19th Jul 2009, 02:06
People aren't mad. They're just impatient and used to getting their way. Instant! Now! You're not giving it to me faster! WHY?!!

Bah... Problem is, game developers, like Hollywood, shouldn't have decided giving fans more before they gave them the actual product was better. Over the years we've gotten more trailers... Before, a movie would have one, maybe two trailers, and that's it... No, that wasn't good enough. Then it was three. Then, trailers weren't enough, actual clips OF movies were released. You can watch almost a third of some movies in five minute clips now... Who the hell wants to do that and spoil it for themselves?? Well, now, people are used to it and DEMAND it...

Games are the same. The amount of trailers and media coverage in general DEMANDED now is asinine. It's just because the producers have given consistently more and more content out, to a consistently more and more demanding audience... Stupid. The old saying of humanity remains true...:

"Give 'em an inch, they'll take a mile."

The object should be to TEASE, not appease. So, it's their own fault for capitulating to their consumers. The desire will be there, even more so, if the tease is made all the more shorter and vague. Cloverfield, and a few movies that have followed (where the entire film isn't spoiled already in the multiple trailers, media coverage, etc.) re-introduced this notion to the world. Instant and now, now, now, is not always a good thing. In fact, we're a very impatient society (myself, heavily included). Ah well...

Well the Dark Knight got a billion dollers with 3 trailers and i belive 6 clips and 4 tv spots...not to mention a bunch of fan made spoofs

The_Hylden
19th Jul 2009, 02:11
... It would have gotten a billion dollars without half of that. The first trailer was enough it kooked people. I saw the trailer long after it first came out in theaters and people going "Wooow!" and clapping...

thewrongvine
19th Jul 2009, 02:18
Er... I saw someone at Wal-Mart playing the demo.
I wanted to try it but he wouldn't get off. o.o

Madav
19th Jul 2009, 02:58

Screw that, make him get off or tell the clerk working there that you're waiting to play. It may seem rather juvenile to have to resort to that, but it's effective with difficult people and you'll thank me when it gets you playing without a law suit. ^^

That's funny though. . . it must be a fun demo.

The jackhammer
19th Jul 2009, 03:08
It is a very fun demo.
Almost the opposite with me. I wouldn't let any one else play ha

19th Jul 2009, 03:34
... It would have gotten a billion dollars without half of that. The first trailer was enough it kooked people. I saw the trailer long after it first came out in theaters and people going "Wooow!" and clapping...

It got trailer of the year too!

scarecrow22
19th Jul 2009, 04:29
We dont have to play the demo becuase the Game is not too far to released !!!!
This^

thewrongvine
19th Jul 2009, 21:01
Not too far still has far in it, ;)
:D We want to play something even before it comes out! heh

Well, next time I go shopping I'll play it, lols.

Vigilance
20th Jul 2009, 03:08
Does anyone know where the information regarding the demo will be when there's information to be seen? I mean, I'm quite surprised that they've missed the originally stated time frame without explaining why, and I'm surprised we still have nothing at July 20th. That's life.

My concern really is that I just want to know where to look when it does come. Are we gonna get another forum header telling us all the information we need to know about when it's coming and what will be in it? Will they post it here despite the fact that this thread still hasn't been stickied? Will I have to go into that FAQ thread to find it? I don't really post here much, and usually when I do it's after looking through the forums for demo information, and then, when I can't find it, I might look at a thread or two and post something if the urge strikes me. Other than that, though, I'm just not sure where it's going to finally be displayed. If I assume there will be another forum header and there's not... that'll suck, but I also don't want to have to scour through the many, many threads (many of which are useless and/or random) to make sure we still have no information.

That's also why it would have been nice to get a little follow up post from the moderators or the developers on what happened to that demo information and what we should expect now. It's just confusing when, after missing their originally stated deadline, they say NOTHING to follow it with. I can only imagine they're embarrassed by their mistake and sitting in their office with their eyes closed thinking that if they hope that we disappear hard enough, that it'll actually happen. Then again, seeing some of the posts on these forums, I suppose I can't blame them.

SuperAdam79
20th Jul 2009, 03:45
I am holding out hope for this upcoming week at Comic-Con. Here's Hoping!!!

door noob
20th Jul 2009, 03:51
I am holding out hope for this upcoming week at Comic-Con. Here's Hoping!!!

It's not happening at comic-con, but around that time, Keir had claimed this.

bouncybullet
20th Jul 2009, 05:51
We want the demo! We want the demo! We want the demo! We want the demo!

Marinetastic
20th Jul 2009, 09:13
It's not happening at comic-con, but around that time, Keir had claimed this.

Keir also said we'd find out at the start of the month, things change.

Gary_Bailey
20th Jul 2009, 09:44
its been changed people just are too lazy and ignorant to read ffs end of the month, its been said over and over again

CrashxUae
20th Jul 2009, 10:58
Keir Dont have anything to do !!

He is Only Give us what new about the Game !!!

Gary_Bailey
20th Jul 2009, 11:01
when is comic con anyways?

batfan08
20th Jul 2009, 11:25
Comic-Con is one of the largest pop culture conventions(It started out as just comic books,but since 1968 it has broadened its spectrum from comics to movies to video games,TV shows,anime and even music.)It is held in San Diego,California annually.However,It is one of the largest,but there are many other Comic-Cons.I've been to New York Comic-Con and WizardWorld Philadelpia in Pennsylvania,but I'm almost positive that Australia would have some,as they're almost everywhere.

thebatman226
20th Jul 2009, 11:27
Australia has much crappier lame versions :/
And i think its about time for our over due demo announcement :thumb:

door noob
20th Jul 2009, 11:49
when is comic con anyways?

July 23-26.

door noob
20th Jul 2009, 11:57
Everybody, look at the majority of amazing games that you waited a couple years to come out aside from Batman Arkham Asylum. They didin't even recieve a demo, you might have been bumbed about, but not even then were you complaining so much as you are here just for the anouncement of the demo. And geusse what we'll wait atleast a week or three before the demo even comes out online. Rocksteady and Eidos have been doing a tremendously amazing effort to keep the consumers satisifed with plenty of information, screenshots, and videos of this game and now unfortunatly everybody here is geting really greedy.... You'll get the demo the same time you would have even if it was announced in the beggining of the month, just the announcement was moved closer to the actual release date of the demo, and IMO Eidos and Rcoksteady took out several painful weeks of people complaining the demo is so far away. They will release the demo whenever the feel like it, for now be satisfied with other info, screen's, and video's of the game.

CaptainMcMulla
20th Jul 2009, 12:22
Everybody, look at the majority of amazing games that you waited a couple years to come out aside from Batman Arkham Asylum. They didin't even recieve a demo, you might have been bumbed about, but not even then were you complaining so much as you are here just for the anouncement of the demo. And geusse what we'll wait atleast a week or three before the demo even comes out online. Rocksteady and Eidos have been doing a tremendously amazing effort to keep the consumers satisifed with plenty of information, screenshots, and videos of this game and now unfortunatly everybody here is geting really greedy.... You'll get the demo the same time you would have even if it was announced in the beggining of the month, just the announcement was moved closer to the actual release date of the demo, and IMO Eidos and Rcoksteady took out several painful weeks of people complaining the demo is so far away. They will release the demo whenever the feel like it, for now be satisfied with other info, screen's, and video's of the game.
What he just said is correct.

JawsFanJesse
20th Jul 2009, 14:11

:thumb: :thumb: Those are the words

bouncybullet
20th Jul 2009, 18:09
I'm going to get a job at gamestop just to steal that fight demo from the store!'akfnv'lqvnq

CaptainMcMulla
20th Jul 2009, 18:18
I'm going to get a job at gamestop just to steal that fight demo from the store!'akfnv'lqvnq

After stealing the demo you get caught by the manager and calls you to his office.

Manager: What did you do?
You: (frozen for a minute)
You: I stole the Batman demo
Manager: Thats it your sacked!
You: Can i at least take the demo home.
Manager: Yes, you can take it to prison with you.

:lol:

Nightwing09
20th Jul 2009, 20:08
weres the bloody demo?
didnt a guy say there was gonna b an announcement about the demo in early july?

VanZarko
20th Jul 2009, 20:12

Lol.. same thing happened to me but I was at Game Stop though :lol: I wanted to play it so bad but the kid wouldn't get off either :hmm::nut::lmao::mad2:

artyfin
20th Jul 2009, 20:14
This is sort of a question to Keir but I'll post it here. When the demo arrives (whenever that may be) are we going to be able to download the same one that we played on Saturday?

HeartlessSystem
20th Jul 2009, 20:31
oh no! lack of demo, feeling feverish, seeing bats everywhere!
dont know the name of this illness...

JawsFanJesse
20th Jul 2009, 20:38
After stealing the demo you get caught by the manager and calls you to his office.

You: (frozen for a minute)
You: I stole the Batman demo
Manager: Thats it your sacked!
You: Can i at least take the demo home.
Manager: Yes, you can take it to prison with you.

Lol.. same thing happened to me but I was at Game Stop though :lol: I wanted to play it so bad but the kid wouldn't get off either :hmm::nut::lmao::mad2:

Tell the Kid your Mom is calling you and He has to get off I did that one time :D

artyfin
20th Jul 2009, 20:57
This is sort of a question to Keir but I'll post it here. When the demo arrives (whenever that may be) are we going to be able to download the same one that we played on Saturday?

Re posted because no-one ever sees the (second to) last post.

Vaad
20th Jul 2009, 21:47
/\/\ I just want Invisable Predator demo

VXR
20th Jul 2009, 22:05
this is the 8,354,026th ' OFFICIAL' demo thread.

until KEIR opens one...............is it really official ?

GibsonSGBat
20th Jul 2009, 22:07
hmmmphhh.....Hang in there guys we cant be to far away from the demo announcement now....Just imagine the glorious moment were you have that demo sitting nicely in your harddrive....

JawsFanJesse
20th Jul 2009, 22:11
hmmmphhh.....Hang in there guys we cant be to far away from the demo announcement now....Just imagine the glorious moment were you have that demo sitting nicely in your harddrive....

:D I could On imagine I will most likely be like this -> :eek: Then :D When its over :mad:

CaptainMcMulla
20th Jul 2009, 22:19
oh no! lack of demo, feeling feverish, seeing bats everywhere!
dont know the name of this illness...
bat flu?

GibsonSGBat
20th Jul 2009, 22:21
bat flu?

Arkhamitis?

dante13x11
20th Jul 2009, 22:26
So keir hasn't come to say anything yet about the demo?

The Grimm Joker
21st Jul 2009, 04:35
no he hasnt said anything probably cuz he knows people are mad because we have had tons of broken promises with the game with no explaination of why until weeks later

GibsonSGBat
21st Jul 2009, 09:21
no he hasnt said anything probably cuz he knows people are mad because we have had tons of broken promises with the game with no explaination of why until weeks later

Its the 21st over here today, we cant be to far away from demo news....Keir will say when he's ready :D

CaptainMcMulla
21st Jul 2009, 11:35
From Start to 0:03

OS2KrFc4ciU

GibsonSGBat
21st Jul 2009, 11:39
From Start to 0:03

OS2KrFc4ciU

What the........:nut:

Reecio
21st Jul 2009, 11:50

I heard it was gonna be different to the E3 demo....... I'd be happy with just the E3 demo tbh!

GibsonSGBat
21st Jul 2009, 11:53
I heard it was gonna be different to the E3 demo....... I'd be happy with just the E3 demo tbh!

yeah same man, I just wanna play the game lol

CaptainMcMulla
21st Jul 2009, 11:53
supposedly the game is set later in the game where isnt very important and you will get to play both aspects of the game. (Invisible Predator & FreeFlow Combat)

Reecio
21st Jul 2009, 12:06
supposedly the game is set later in the game where isnt very important and you will get to play both aspects of the game. (Invisible Predator & FreeFlow Combat)

I'm hoping they keep the challenge rooms in there from E3 :D

GibsonSGBat
21st Jul 2009, 12:16
I'm hoping they keep the challenge rooms in there from E3 :D

Yeah id love the "easiest" challenge room that'd be cool.

Gibraltor
21st Jul 2009, 12:32
So much for that special announcement within the FIRST HALF of July.

Reecio
21st Jul 2009, 12:48
Yeah id love the "easiest" challenge room that'd be cool.

I wanted the extreme one, think I can do it now that I know how to use the gadgets properly etc :)

GibsonSGBat
21st Jul 2009, 12:53
I wanted the extreme one, think I can do it now that I know how to use the gadgets properly etc :)

Oh ive never played the game lol, I reckon i might have to get a bit of practice in on the easy room lol :D

JawsFanJesse
21st Jul 2009, 16:41
Oh ive never played the game lol, I reckon i might have to get a bit of practice in on the easy room lol :D

:D I played once but i didn't even get to the end so me too

21st Jul 2009, 17:55
It will be awesome! That is all...

HeartlessSystem
21st Jul 2009, 18:04
This arkhamitis is worse then I thought! I keep seeing deranged clowns and their hot girlfriends, huge reptiles with bad breath, and every time I go into a different room of my house, a riddle pops up!
I'm not sure if I'll make it....

Madav
21st Jul 2009, 18:08

It's as that saying goes, "if you give an inch, they take a mile." All developers must suffer because of another's doing.

In any event, I have seen confirmation of a demo in the pipeline and it was said that the release date would be affirmed at the end of this month; hence, I assume that the announcement tomorrow will be about the demo's release date.

curiousgerbil
21st Jul 2009, 18:12
I'm sure we'll hear something soon. :)

Reecio
21st Jul 2009, 18:13
It's as that saying goes, "if you give an inch, they take a mile." All developers must suffer because of another's doing.

In any event, I have seen confirmation of a demo in the pipeline and it was said to be announced at the end of this month; hence, I assume that the announcement tomorrow will be about the demo's release date.

Tomorrow isn't the end of the month....... there is at least another week left!

21st Jul 2009, 18:16
Tomorrow isn't the end of the month....... there is at least another week left!

Theres only a month and change before the game comes out...why so serious?

The Grimm Joker
21st Jul 2009, 18:18
This all looks familer i think they are going to postpone it again

Reecio
21st Jul 2009, 18:19
Theres only a month and change before the game comes out...why so serious?

Because people are using virtually any excuse to jump to some sort of random conclusion....... such as someone saying because of the colour green its gonna be about the Riddler!

Sourpower
21st Jul 2009, 18:21
I'd rather just sign into xbox live someday and see it glistening there in there teasing me. That would make up for being bought the ironman game.

mrbatar
21st Jul 2009, 18:27
The change of information is frustrating, but the lack of updating information is inexcusable. The main page is hardly updated with many weeks going by with nothing - and let's not even talk about the Blog - what Blog? The combination of taking down the demo announcement at the start of the forum with the lack of updated information has created all this frustration. It can simply be remedied with updated information at least on the progress of the game and the demo. We can take bad news, but we can't take no news. Isn't that why Rocksteady has this specific website and forum in the first place?

21st Jul 2009, 18:27
This all looks familer i think they are going to postpone it again

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Tim5nU3DwIE :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

JawsFanJesse
21st Jul 2009, 18:29

21st Jul 2009, 18:29
The change of information is frustrating, but the lack of updating information is inexcusable. The main page is hardly updated with many weeks going by with nothing - and let's not even talk about the Blog - what Blog? The combination of taking down the demo announcement at the start of the forum with the lack of updated information has created all this frustration. It can simply be remedied with updated information at least on the progress of the game and the demo. We can take bad news, but we can't take no news. Isn't that why Rocksteady has this specific website and forum in the first place?

Updates are comming soonish this month, keir said so! (And he aint lying)!

mrbatar
21st Jul 2009, 18:43
I agree that Keir isn't a Liar - he's always been upfront with us and seems like a really cool guy. The problem is, Keir is not the one in charge who gets to decide when and what gets communicated. My comment above is not directly at Keir but rather to those above him who have the ultimate say so.

SilentPredator
21st Jul 2009, 18:54
Can't wait for this game I have been hyped about this since last year on news of it's development ! When can we download the Demo ? Is there any more news on this Im sick of being teased from the trailers lol :D

Sterlington
21st Jul 2009, 18:58
Can't wait for this game I have been hyped about this since last year on news of it's development ! When can we download the Demo ? Is there any more news on this Im sick of being teased from the trailers lol :D

You can join my group, "Hurry up and release the demo!! We are tired of these trailers!!"

SuperAdam79
21st Jul 2009, 19:47
You can join my group, "Hurry up and release the demo!! We are tired of these trailers!!"

Where do I sign up!! I would gladly join!!!

CaptainMcMulla
21st Jul 2009, 19:53
I agree that Keir isn't a Liar - he's always been upfront with us and seems like a really cool guy. The problem is, Keir is not the one in charge who gets to decide when and what gets communicated. My comment above is not directly at Keir but rather to those above him who have the ultimate say so.
I see what you are trying to say. Keir doesnt directly give us information. He's the community manager so the bigger fish (no offense Keir) gives Keir the information and he passes it onto us. So if anything goes wrong or delayed its not Keir's fault its the big fish's fault. I mean Keir is a busy man im sure especially some of the stuff he has done for us
i.e. London Event, Competitions on the forums (more to come) etc.

Anyway back on topic.

Less than 10 days for the demo news. It will come just be patient, as soon as we get the news we'll still have to wait anyway.

KillerCroc
21st Jul 2009, 19:56
Can't wait for this game I have been hyped about this since last year on news of it's development ! When can we download the Demo ? Is there any more news on this Im sick of being teased from the trailers lol :D You aren't a troll are you? Because I've heard of a troll in the before time named InvisiblePredator...and if you are...PERISH! Welcome to the forums btw, I'm the hilarious dude :nut:

SuperAdam79
21st Jul 2009, 19:56
I'm so desperate for a fix I would even take the store demo!! I just want to be able to play at home without 15 sweaty teens behind me. Yeah I'm an old man of 29 LOL!!

SuperAdam79
21st Jul 2009, 19:58
I have hope of hearing something by the 25th. It would be prudent for them to announce something during Comic-Con.

door noob
21st Jul 2009, 20:37
I have hope of hearing something by the 25th. It would be prudent for them to announce something during Comic-Con.

They're not announcing it at comic-con, but they are announcing it around the same time frame.

GibsonSGBat
21st Jul 2009, 20:48
Surely well have somthin within the next 5-6 days.......I want to play this game so bad now.....

SuperAdam79
21st Jul 2009, 21:04
They're not announcing it at comic-con, but they are announcing it around the same time frame.
Is this something Keir said that I missed?

GibsonSGBat
21st Jul 2009, 21:14
Is this something Keir said that I missed?

Yeah Keir said it wouldnt be annouced at comic con but around the time of comic con

Enop80
21st Jul 2009, 21:36
Guys the demo more than likely won’t be released until 1 week before the game or after like Ghostbusters. That’s probably why we haven’t heard anything. On a side note any Madden players here? The demo goes life with the activation code for those who pre-order this Thursday night. A full 4 quarter game.

Sterlington
21st Jul 2009, 23:03
Does anyone here think that North America should get to play the E3 demo?

SuperAdam79
21st Jul 2009, 23:49
Yeah Keir said it wouldnt be annouced at comic con but around the time of comic con

I see. Still good timing though!!:thumb:

dante13x11
22nd Jul 2009, 00:33
In one of the threads called i think it was called "...loads of batman stuff.." don't remember full name but it said at the end of the article the demo was coming out sooner then expected ill look for the thread and post it

imported_The_Dark_Knight
22nd Jul 2009, 00:41
In one of the threads called i think it was called "...loads of batman stuff.." don't remember full name but it said at the end of the article the demo was coming out sooner then expected ill look for the thread and post it

Yeah, i read that somewhere too...