PDA

View Full Version : Batman: Arkham Asylum PC tools?

Holiday
12th Jul 2009, 14:11
PC- Potential for games to shine at there best, but when it comes to multi platform games, usually suffers from glitchs, bugs and crashing (see Fallout 3, GTA IV and Saints Row 2)

I only ever really buy PC games if they are either exclusive to PC or come with something for the developer in me, so this is my question

WIll Batman: Arkham Asylum support the modding community? Will it have easy access to custom skins and most importantly, will it lend itself to become larger than what comes in the box?

By this, i mean will an experienced level designer be able to install the game, spend a few days getting used to the controlls and then be able to make a portion of Gotham City or his very own challenge map? Or will the PC version be restricted to only what the consoles can do?

Ultimate Question: Will Batman Arkham Asylum have modding tools or be supported with a later patch with modding tools?

If a Mod could get some information on this (i.e. there are no plans for B:AA to have any modding or level design tools at thsi time)

For the rest of the forum members, i ask you to discuss what sort of user created content would you like to see. Custom Maps? Add ons? New Skins (i.e. Robin, Nightwing or Azrael)? Maybe a mini campaign!

Get those creative juices going, not everything has to be DLC from the game company, have faith in the fan base.

TheRetropolitan
12th Jul 2009, 14:32
PC games seem to be getting the shaft lately. I honestly doubt if anything like modding tools will be made available -- that's not to say that some crafty person won't figure out their own way to mod it, but we're not likely to see any official support.

I also doubt that we'll even get DLC for PC. Consoles are apparently where the focus is nowadays, and extended support for PC games seems to be on the decline.

QCypher
12th Jul 2009, 14:48
I think thats unlikely seeing as how its the Unreal engine and all. It could be hard to get it to work on normal PCs.

TheRetropolitan
12th Jul 2009, 14:52
I think thats unlikely seeing as how its the Unreal engine and all. It could be hard to get it to work on normal PCs.

... don't lots of PC games use the Unreal engine?

Holiday
12th Jul 2009, 15:01
... don't lots of games use the Unreal engine?

fix'd

:P

EDIT

Please note that this is Holidays attempt at subtle humour, and it should be ignored in the current discussion

Gary_Bailey
12th Jul 2009, 15:26
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

uses Unreal and look what the modding community made.... MOVIEBATTLES!! RAWR!!!

artyfin
12th Jul 2009, 15:46
This would be one of the reasons I would want the PC game, even though there is no way my laptop would be able to support the game. I love mods, and I think if people have access to this game in the ways of modding, it could be really interesting to see what people come up with.

Nightshifters
12th Jul 2009, 15:51

Normal PCs? Most normal PCs nowadays have better game perfomance than consoles... seeing as your PS3 or whatever will be the same in 2 years, but my pc can be upgraded to something even better in 2 weeks...

daklog
12th Jul 2009, 23:09
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

uses Unreal and look what the modding community made.... MOVIEBATTLES!! RAWR!!!

actually jedi academy uses a modified version of the quake 3 engine :whistle:

Gary_Bailey
13th Jul 2009, 01:21
actually jedi academy uses a modified version of the quake 3 engine :whistle:

haha my bad, I got a ****load of different games thats been modded

The New Blueguy
13th Jul 2009, 01:26
Well, I'd say since it's a UE3 engine game that no regardless of whether an SDK is put out, the game will still be modded.

Ryuuie
13th Jul 2009, 02:16
Depends on if the game is popular enough if it'll get some modding by fans or not.

EDIT: Don't mistake what's happening pre-release for popularity. It's hype. Popularity comes post-release, give or take a few months of rigorous play to find what one likes and wishes existed.

Steve_Collinz
3rd Apr 2010, 12:19
Don't mistake what's happening pre-release for popularity. It's hype. Popularity comes post-release, give or take a few months of rigorous play to find what one likes and wishes existed.

well its been out a while now and i know this is an old thread lol hoping someone can get somthing going on some mod tools. :lol: maybe if we start a petition