PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 3 Trailer Analysis

ArcR
11th Jul 2009, 23:29
Analysis by Global Node on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkXCE8CkNZU

I ran a few searches and couldn't find this video on here.

Spyhopping
12th Jul 2009, 00:33
That analysis is seriously old. There was much envy over the goodies EM sent him for doing it :p

I recommend checking out his DX trailer if it's still on there, great stuff.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
12th Jul 2009, 11:14
There was much envy over the goodies EM sent him for doing it :p

Yeah, it was a lovely gesture by EM to award some goodies. :cool:

AaronJ
12th Jul 2009, 15:22
Analysis by Global Node on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkXCE8CkNZU

I ran a few searches and couldn't find this video on here.

What a sick analysis. That guy must be the ****, but he probably gets a PM every week saying "hey i liek dx1 but i hated iwar but it loks liek this 1 is gonna suck nice analysis" every single week like a damn subscription. Still though, that guy must be a cool dude.

Blade_hunter
12th Jul 2009, 15:23
It's you :rasp:

AaronJ
12th Jul 2009, 15:31
UH----OHHHHHHHh

imported_van_HellSing
12th Jul 2009, 16:12
It's you :rasp:

How are you gentlemen !!

Somebody set up us A BOMB!

Blade_hunter
12th Jul 2009, 17:38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG1qKzIsisU

Oh my god JC, a bomb !!

KSingh77
12th Jul 2009, 18:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwVyXgbaXHs&feature=related

JasonOne
13th Jul 2009, 12:02
I like IW quite a bit. However, I'm not as excited about DX3 as I was when I heard about DX2,
simply for the fact that its a prequel. Thats not to say that I don't think it will be a good game,
because nobody knows for sure if it will be quite yet. I just never really liked prequels to anything,
because you pretty much know how it will end. Especially with the fact that (from what I understand),
this game revolves mostly around the forming of UNATCO. Which just ends up getting corrupted.

:whistle:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
13th Jul 2009, 17:09
I like IW quite a bit.

Yeah, me too. If judged on its own merits, that is. :)

imported_van_HellSing
13th Jul 2009, 17:22
IW was really unique and innovative, I have yet to see another game with bleeding chairs.

a house
13th Jul 2009, 18:57
IW was really unique and innovative, I have yet to see another game with bleeding chairs.

Blood Money had a bleeding wheelchair actually.

imported_van_HellSing
13th Jul 2009, 19:09
Seems like Eidos is pushing an idea.

Blade_hunter
13th Jul 2009, 20:21
IW innovative ? you must be kidding right ?

imported_van_HellSing
13th Jul 2009, 20:23
IW innovative ? you must be kidding right ?

What game did bleeding chairs before?

Irate_Iguana
14th Jul 2009, 07:10
What game did bleeding chairs before?

There should be at least a bleeding chair easter egg in DX3.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
21st Jul 2009, 20:35
^ You think so?

Jima B
21st Jul 2009, 23:52
IW was actually the first game I saw that, when the player walked straight into a wall, the gun moved-back away from the wall. In other games it normally just looks really weird because you can see the whole gun and its all out of perspective, or the front of gun just travels straight through the wall.

DX:IW had the some of the best combat I ever saw too, much better than most games. It's just a pity that fine combat never made it to MP and was overshadowed by the less-than-perfect storyline and low-quality RPG elements of the game.

EDIT: Perhaps we can have a reward for flushing the bleeding chair down the toilet in the room that will, in the future, become Mr. Manderley's office?

BlazeL
22nd Jul 2009, 06:06
Also, IW was the first (and the last so far) game where shower had lethal effect on NPCs. With this for example,you can get rid of Billie Adams early on (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-_YcM9ic6M). :cool: And if you do so, she will not show up in the later parts of the game!!! But before you would start to admire the high level of consistency, i must say that her infolink transmissions are still getting through from the other side of the grave (or bathtub, whatever you like ;)). :D

[Still, i like much better IW's story then the original, my main complains are about the level design and combat.]

gamer0004
22nd Jul 2009, 06:07
Also, IW was the first (and the last so far) game where shower had lethal effect on NPCs. With this for example,you can get rid of Billie Adams early on (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-_YcM9ic6M). :cool: And if you do so, she will not show up in the later parts of the game!!! But before you would start to admire the high level of consistency, i must say that her infolink transmissions are still getting through from the other side of the grave (or bathtub, whatever you like ;)). :D

[Still, i like much better IW's story then the original, my main complains are about the level design and combat.]

I've seen that before, and I wonder how he did it. How can you get Billie in the shower?

Also, why do people like IWs story? It was full of inconsistencies and clichés.
Take the Knights Templar. They recruited openly in malls (arcology) and were openly hostile against all biomodified people. They had enough weapons and men to fight the WTO. And everybody knew they had, since you could actually see their milbots walking around in their bay 23.
Also, ApostleCorp should've known the KT, since they operated in the same building (on the same floor even) as Tarsus. And yet they say in the intro:

Project Director: Jesus. Did they destroy the whole city to get at us?
Leila Nassif: Our enemies aren't that desperate.
Project Director: Perhaps we made a new enemy.

New enemy? That should be the KT, because the WTO are their "old" enemies. If the KT aren't, then who are they?
The KT operated openly and were very aggressive, but AC didn't know them? Right...

Also, the guy who destroyed Chicago was wearing Order clothes. Why? It would've fooled nobody, the WTO and Order were the same organisation so the WTO knew the Order hadn't done it, and the Order never resorted to violence (against other living creatures), whereas the KT did. And yet nobody knew who had attacked the city...
They just did that to try to surprise the player, but later on you would discover that it was bull**** and it did ruin the story for me. I mean, I couldn't take it seriously anymore.

Whats more, after 10 or 20 years of a complete absence of global communications, there were suddenly only 4 big factions left? It should have fragmented the big powers, but suddenly there was only one religion left (and the KT, but that was more a kind of militia), one economic organisation and one transhumanist organisation. Even security was down to one organisation, SSC.
If we compare that to DX, where we had UNATCO, Illuminati, MJ-12, local security, riot cops, French cops, military police, X-51, the NSF, the Red Arrow triad, the Luminous Path, the American government, the Chinese government, French government, Christianity, Buddhism... DXIW is so shallow.
What's worse, though, is just how incredible the factions in IW were. The population was divided into four organisations, extreme liberals, extreme transhumanists, far right extremists and head-in-the-clouds religious.
None who were member of the WTO were member of the Order or religious in any way (or so it seems) and vica versa. Which is bull****, because religion and economic growth are not mutually exclusive.

Then there's the way you find out the "big" conspiracy. In DX you find about the conspiracy when the pieces come together at some point. In IW there is nothing at first, and then they just tell you. No uncovering a conspiracy here, they just tell you. And there wasn't even any reason to. Turns out the WTO and the Order, two opposing factions, are part of the same organisation. And you find that out about 15 minutes after you found out Pequod's and Queequeg's, two opposing companies, are part of the same organisation. Wow. Very original and ingenious.

Of course, the idea of two coffee shops competing with each other while actually being part of the same organisation is idiotic as well. That organisation has a monopoly on the coffee market, which is about the best position a company can have, and yet they let their stores compete each other out of the market?
And they didn't even have to do it to keep the WTO happy, since Queequeg's doesn't even have stores in the enclaves.

Really, what does make sense in IW? I dare you.

imported_van_HellSing
22nd Jul 2009, 07:18
I think we can agree IW was a spinoff set in the same universe as the Malkavian Mod. Zat vill be adeqvit.

BlazeL
22nd Jul 2009, 07:27
I've seen that before, and I wonder how he did it. How can you get Billie in the shower?

Really easily. If you collide with people, they just walk away, assuming they are blocking your way. (The ignorant NPCs in your way were pretty annoying in DX1 sometimes.) And usually, they walk to the other direction you were coming from. So you can 'guide' them, pushing them through whole maps. (The hardest trick i did like that was pushing NG to the templar's bay in Arcology. She wasn't that willing to go there, but finally, i managed to force her in. :D)

Also, why do people like IWs story? It was full of inconsistencies and clichés. ...

Around half of your points are valid, i must say. But still, the other half isn't in my opinion. But now, i'm lazy to start an argument about it, and i wouldn't be able neither, as i didn't sleep all night and i'm failing in coherent thinking. But i'll answer you, probably tomorrow, after some sleep.

@van_Hellsing :lol:

TheAcesofJokers
24th Jul 2009, 03:44
sigh, we need more