PDA

View Full Version : Batman & Robin Game

Gary_Bailey
10th Jul 2009, 14:58
A few years ago back when the first Playstation was the ultimate gaming system, I had bought the Batman & Robin video game adaption of the movie. It was quite a good game with some major flaws to the game, which is understandable now cause of the rapid advancement of Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft consoles. But overall fantastic game.

Any of you guys and girls played it before or heard about it?

p.s It was better than the movie, the graphics back in the day was that bad Batman, and Robin didn't have the nipples on their suits ;)

metalhead_dave
10th Jul 2009, 15:03
A few years ago back when the first Playstation was the ultimate gaming system, I had bought the Batman & Robin video game adaption of the movie. It was quite a good game with some major flaws to the game, which is understandable now cause of the rapid advancement of Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft consoles. But overall fantastic game.

Any of you guys and girls played it before or heard about it?

p.s It was better than the movie, the graphics back in the day was that bad Batman, and Robin didn't have the nipples on their suits ;)

I've seen videos of it. Apparantly the game was so dark it was very hard to see, you had to turn the TV brightness all the way up. And I heard that the combat was terrible. But I believe it was the first 3D open world sandbox game.

LemonLoafer
10th Jul 2009, 15:08
I remember it. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it quite like a free roam?

Nightwing
10th Jul 2009, 15:13

Thank goodness for small mercies.

Gary_Bailey
10th Jul 2009, 15:17
yes it was free roam.

the combat sucked terribly cause the developers focused more on the detective side of Batman and the gadgetry, I have high expections for the Arkham Asylum game due to the gadgets that were in this game.

You had 3 nights worth of game time (game time) you had to free roam around the place looking for clues to find the villian's (Poison Ivy or Mr Freeze) next target, most buildings were enterable and all that jazz, you could be either Batman, Robin or Batgirl and change your character in the batcave, each hero had their own way of transport Batmobile, Redbird and a normal purple motorcycle, but as you reached the 3rd night, you get the snow assault vehicles that were seen in the movie and the silver changes to the costume.

the clue system was like Resident Evil, you find things, you get bits and pieces and you have to piece them together.

amazing game.

I wouldn't know about the brightness due to me playing on an old commodore 64 monitor