PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of the Sun

Pulse
10th Jul 2009, 12:17
This is a story that I'm starting to write. I haven't even really got into it, but I made a quick cover and created small backstories for the three main characters and I thought I'd post those until I finish some of the story.

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt125/EvilPuppyWillKillU/ShadowoftheSun.jpg

Lara: After the discovery of what happened to her mother seven months ago, miss croft began to pursue artifacts for the thrill and knowledge. Her handy technical assistant, Zip, stuck with her. Together these two have uncovered ancient secrets around the globe and opened new doors into history. But Lara is forced to delve into her past once more, but this time it’s no longer personal. The apocalypse is coming.

Amanda: Shortly after the confrontation with Lara Croft, Amanda was plagued by horrific visions brought on by the Wraith Stone. The visions depicted a charred, desert-like world, where no life remained. And although she may not want to, Amanda must work with Ms. Croft to unlock the secrets of the Wraith Stone. Otherwise, we may not have a chance.

The Doppelganger: Once the doppelganger had taken care of Natla, she spent five months travelling the world, searching for a purpose. Her struggle was only met with heartbreak. It was then the doppelganger returned to Lara Croft, seeking acceptance. Her arrival sent Zip away, but he quickly returned. Along with a new home, Lara also gave the doppelganger a new name, Shade.

tombraidergal
10th Jul 2009, 15:00
Eris!!! ERIS!!!! NOOOO.... ah well, sounds like a good blurb.

angelus0901
10th Jul 2009, 16:23
The Doppelganger: Once the doppelganger had taken care of Natla, she spent five months travelling the world, searching for a purpose. Her struggle was only met with heartbreak. It was then the doppelganger returned to Lara Croft, seeking acceptance. Her arrival sent Zip away, but he quickly returned. Along with a new home, Lara also gave the doppelganger a new name, Eris.

Uuu, I like that!! Except Eris! That name is... blah...

And the cover art is awesome... ;)

I just found a good name for her... Shade... you know, it's a synonym for shadow... think about it... ;)

tombraidergal
10th Jul 2009, 16:59
Or shadey...

Pulse
10th Jul 2009, 21:05
I like Shade. When I saw it in your post, I fell in love with the name :thumb:

angelus0901
10th Jul 2009, 22:29
I like Shade. When I saw it in your post, I fell in love with the name :thumb:

Yaaay! I'm so happy right now!! ;)
Can't wait for the rest!!!

Max 28
11th Jul 2009, 06:20
Interesting. :thumb: I think I like Amanda's blurb best. The visions are a good idea. Not too keen on the Dopple but that's me, love the name Shade. (Now I've seen it was Angelus's idea so weel done to you. :D) Shade even makes it sound like dopple will have an important relevance to your story being the shadow of the sun. lara may have some representation of the sun and Dopple is her shadow. Sets up Dopple sacrificing herself at the end too which I like the idea of. An end that shows she is her own person that makes the right choice and Lara goes to stop her dopple explains it's the only way etc.... :)

Well done on the cover too. :thumb:

d1n0_xD
11th Jul 2009, 11:36
I like the idea that Amanda's having visions and Shade is an awesome name^^ :D
Rock on:thumb::thumb:

John Carter
11th Jul 2009, 13:04
Excellent artwork and intriguing story abstract. You should go with it! :)

trjunepearl
11th Jul 2009, 13:09
Eris...like the goddess of chaos, right??? Fits the doppelganger's personality! lol, I really like Shade tho, fits even better!!!!! but still, I don't think that the doppelganger should have it's own name. But the artwork is reallyyy good, and I love the story bios you wrote for each character! Amanda's seems a bit more intriguing and mysterious than the other two. I'd definitely want to read it! :-D