PDA

View Full Version : Arkham Asylum scandal? Shame on you, Eidos.

Gho-Gerhowev
10th Jul 2009, 11:42
http://ramraider.blogspot.com/2009/07/eidos-seek-90-score-cover-for-arkham.html

Oddly, a magazine just came out and gave the game a 90...

Hmm.

Eidos could have a scandal on their hands.

<!-- End of original post -->

<Moderator Edit>
The official statement:

Hi everyone, here's official word from Eidos....

“With regards an article posted on RamRaider alleging that Eidos has fixed review scores for Batman: Arkham Asylum, we want to state that no discussions have been held about review scores with any magazines. In short there is simply not one shred of truth in this article, except for the title of the game.” Jon Brooke, Head of UK Marketing, Eidos.

If you happen to post on other forums where there's a thread discussing this issue, feel free to pass that on.

Thanks gents (and lady :) )
</Moderator Edit>

Jables_Kage
10th Jul 2009, 11:43
LOL... been going on for years mate.

Gho-Gerhowev
10th Jul 2009, 11:43
A thread was just deleted that linked to this story.

LOL

Eidos. You cannot conceal this.

Jables_Kage
10th Jul 2009, 11:45
A thread was just deleted that linked to this story.

LOL

Eidos. You cannot conceal this.

True... come clean eidos!

Gho-Gerhowev
10th Jul 2009, 11:46
They even said one mag editor refused, meaning their Arkham review is at least a 7/10.

Eidos is lifting the embargo if the magazine guarantees a 9/10 score.

Gho-Gerhowev
10th Jul 2009, 11:48
If Eidos deletes this thread without an explanation, I'll only make sure others see it elsewhere.

If they want to be corrupt, then they should be held accountable.

door noob
10th Jul 2009, 11:50
:eek:.

door noob
10th Jul 2009, 11:52
What would Batman say? HMMM! Eidos, HMMM!

Gho-Gerhowev
Here is the full Arkham Asylum game scandal:

Unlike our no-longer-regularly-updated blog, corruption in the games industry has so far failed to go into hibernation. In the week that Eidos has breathed its last, they’ve decided to go out with a bang by brazenly attempting to artificially hype up their forthcoming Arkham Asylum release.

Several mags have their review code already, but have to sit on their reviews until a hateful embargo expires at the end of the month. But Eidos, ever the helpful fellows that they are, have been offering a way around this embargo. If you dedicate the cover of your mag to Arkham Asylum and guarantee a score of at least 90%, Eidos will allow you to run the review early.

We know that one editor has already valiantly told Eidos to **** off, but we can’t tell you which to protect our Anonymous Dark Knight. We also asked the usually chatty UK Officially Corrupt Xbox 360 Magazine editor Jon Hicks about it, who tellingly clammed up tighter than a nun’s **** at the mere mention.

But what of the others? Well, there’s an exciting way to find out in the form of a game that you can play at home over the next month called “Spot The Corrupt Arkham Asylum Review”. You see, Arkham Asylum is a decentish release that’s not quite up to par when it comes to variety and depth. This means even the most charitable outlets should settle at no more than the 80s in their verdicts, but don’t be surprised if you see a few 7s from the pseuds.

This means that if you see a mag turn up within the next few weeks (ding!) that features Arkham Asylum on its cover (ding!) and gives it at least 90% (ding ding ding!), you have a winner.

Incidentally, one 90/100 review appeared on a magazine yesterday.

Hmm.

Magazines already have their final review codes.

Hmm.

The only thing being polished is the wallets over at Eidos.

evilmajikman
Uh... who gave them a copy of the game almost 2 months too early?

Something smells like bs.

batfan08
That could be a load of BS for all we know.That guy is like the Perez Hilton of Video Games.For Pete's sake,he TWEETS !?!

door noob
10th Jul 2009, 11:53
BATMAN does no tolarate CORUPTION!

Gho-Gerhowev
10th Jul 2009, 11:54
Uh... who gave them a copy of the game almost 2 months too early?

Something smells like bs.

The final copies have already been sent out. However, there's an embargo that does not expire until the beginning of August. Eidos is offering to lift the embargo on any magazine that pledges to preview the game early and give a score that's 9/10+, which only one magazine has already done. Don't want to connect the dots?

Eidos did this with Kane and Lynch, too.

Jables_Kage
10th Jul 2009, 11:54
batman may come for you eidos... beware!

Gho-Gerhowev
10th Jul 2009, 11:55
If this story is BS, then why has an Eidos mod on this forum deleted the past two threads that mentioned this story without addressing the controversy? They don't want their "customers" knowing that their artificially hyping up Arkham Asylum with embargo deals behind closed doors.

batfan08
10th Jul 2009, 11:55
You forget,Batman works for Eidos.

GibsonSGBat
10th Jul 2009, 11:57
This is rubbish edios are legends. Batman wouldnt tolerate corruption anyway. Whoever posted it on that rubbish website should have a kick in the teeth. Its a load of rubbish trying to damage edios rep.

Keir
10th Jul 2009, 11:57
OK, I'm chasing up the official word at the moment.

Personally speaking I haven't heard any discussions like this going on but I'll pass on the official response as soon as I get it.

Nightshifters
10th Jul 2009, 11:58
and btw, there is a thread EXACTLY like this above this one :P

Drazar
10th Jul 2009, 11:59
Batman was created by Bob Kane who stole all credit from the real creator: Bill Finger.

Jables_Kage
10th Jul 2009, 12:00
Batman was created by Bob Kane who stole all credit from the real creator: Bill Finger.

perhaps kane didnt like the fact that finger had all his fingers in the pie? :D

Gho-Gerhowev
10th Jul 2009, 12:00
Why was the other thread addressing this magically deleted, and then put back up?

Seems like Eidos wants to look innocent. Word will spread, no matter what they do.

Your move, Eidos.

batfan08
10th Jul 2009, 12:01
very true.From my view of Bob Kane's first idea for Batman,It looked more like Bob Kane created Robin.lol

Keir
10th Jul 2009, 12:02
Why was the other thread addressing this magically deleted, and then put back up?

Seems like Eidos wants to look innocent. Word will spread, no matter what they do.

Your move, Eidos.

That was my bad. I wanted to address it with the official response first. I don't have that yet so I've reinstated the thread. Sorry about that.

As I've said I don't have the official word from above but as soon as I do I'll pass it on.

Jables_Kage
10th Jul 2009, 12:03

Your move, Eidos.

see keirs response in the other thread... some hot news these topics are being flooded with points of view.

batfan08
Gho-Gherowev,Eidos has more power than you.You are just a pawn trying to play a King's game.So,your move.

Drazar
very true.From my view of Bob Kane's first idea for Batman,It looked more like Bob Kane created Robin.lol

Not to mention the stories that "Bob Kane wrote" were copies from the Phantasm. The guy was very unoriginal and basicly just took all the credit. Bob Kane is a thief and people are telling Eidos that "ooh Batman may come for you" when if this ends up being true, is just a marketing ploy. Since those "bad" reviews will come to public aswell.

Gho-Gerhowev
10th Jul 2009, 12:04
Eidos has more power? LOL!

So do the corrupt bankers and executives playing the same dirty tricks.

Does that justify their behavior? No. They answer to the citizens.

What a tool.

Jables_Kage
10th Jul 2009, 12:04
Not to mention the stories that "Bob Kane wrote" were copies from the Phantasm. The guy was very unoriginal and basicly just took all the credit. Bob Kane is a thief and people are telling Eidos that "ooh Batman may come for you" when if this ends up being true, is just a marketing ploy. Since those "bad" reviews will come to public aswell.

games will always receive bad reviews, its all dependent on the reviewer and his/her expectations of the game/franchise

batfan08
10th Jul 2009, 12:05
This tool is a monkeywrench thrown into your insidious plot,Joker!

GibsonSGBat
10th Jul 2009, 12:06
Woah man calm down we register on these forums to enjoy talking about a game we want to by, not to rubbish the developer/producer etc. Even if theis edios thing is true, we register to look at the game and enjoy discussions and news about it, not to rubbish it.

door noob

Excactly and other creator's of the Joker, and everything else. While he died rich Bill Finger died in poverty.

evilmajikman
If this story is BS, then why has an Eidos mod on this forum deleted the past two threads that mentioned this story without addressing the controversy? They don't want their "customers" knowing that their artificially hyping up Arkham Asylum with embargo deals behind closed doors.

Think about it. The game was originally planned to be released about 3 weeks ago. It got moved to August 25th because they had things to work out, its not even July 25th, and we still have no demo or anything on psn, xbl, or even on this forum that validates 100% completion of the game. Just news that there's supposed to be a new trailer being released today.

Gho-Gerhowev
10th Jul 2009, 12:07
Think about it. The game was originally planned to be released about 3 weeks ago. It got moved to August 25th because they had things to work out, its not even July 25th, and we still have no demo or anything on psn, xbl, or even on this forum that validates 100% completion of the game. Just news that there's supposed to be a new trailer being released today.

Then why do magazines already have review codes, such as PS3Zine?

Gho-Gerhowev
10th Jul 2009, 12:08
Woah man calm down we register on these forums to enjoy talking about a game we want to by, not to rubbish the developer/producer etc. Even if theis edios thing is true, we register to look at the game and enjoy discussions and news about it, not to rubbish it.

Developers/publishers = THE GAME.

If the developers/publishers are corrupt...

Hmm. Connect the dots.

Drazar
10th Jul 2009, 12:09

First of all July 25th was never an official rleease date, that was all speculation from gamestop and amazon. I mean my Gamestop claimed Batman would come in May for pete's sake. =p

GibsonSGBat
10th Jul 2009, 12:11
Developers/publishers = THE GAME.

If the developers/publishers are corrupt...

Hmm. Connect the dots.

Even if edios is corrupt (which i can safely say it isnt) it does not mean the game is bad. If you want to complain about edios go on another forum and leave us batfans alone as we want to enjoy the great game that edios will bring to us.

batfan08
10th Jul 2009, 12:13
seriously,I Ain't 'fraid a' no ghosts!wait...what?

EDIT:I Ain't 'fraid a' no TROLLS!

evilmajikman
10th Jul 2009, 12:14
First of all July 25th was never an official rleease date, that was all speculation from gamestop and amazon. I mean my Gamestop claimed Batman would come in May for pete's sake. =p

I didn't say July 25th release date. I said 3 weeks ago so I meant June 25th. You also need to read this.
http://www.gametrailers.com/news/batman-arkham-asylum-officiall/813

Drazar
10th Jul 2009, 12:17
Ah sorry, but yeah June not juily upsie daisy. >_< But yeah basicly Batman AA was suppose to come early summer but got delayed to late. =p

Ryuuie
10th Jul 2009, 12:25
I'm not surprised, it's what some businesses do in the gaming world to get ahead...yea, it sucks hardcore but..

Keir
10th Jul 2009, 12:26
I haven’t got an official line, but I just popped round to marketing to ask about this and they said it’s ‘utter rubbish’.

I’ll keep you all posted if there’s any official word. Thanks folks.

Drazar
10th Jul 2009, 12:28
Really if this ends up being true, its not the worst thing, lets look at:
Activision: wants to sue EA because they are releasing Brutal Legend and Activsion had screwed trheir contract with the game but now are regretting it

EA: Hired actors to act as stupid christians to protest againts Dante's inferno to gain publicity.

Now this is only a internet blog with no source whatsoevber. Actually we only have one guy flaming this whole thing, could it be he just wrote it? I wouldnt be surprised!

GibsonSGBat
10th Jul 2009, 12:28
I haven’t got an official line, but I just popped round to marketing to ask about this and they said it’s ‘utter rubbish’.

Good, now we can delete these two threads and wait for the new trailer!

Nightwing
10th Jul 2009, 12:37

Somehow I doubt the official line is ever going to be admitting to this. Whether it's true or not, the response from Eidos will be identical. I just look at the blog source... which is poorly written in a sort of Maddox style. Which as far as I'm concerned speaks volumes about the reliability of the what's written.

Drazar
10th Jul 2009, 12:41
Somehow I doubt the official line is ever going to be admitting to this. Whether it's true or not, the response from Eidos will be identical. I just look at the blog source... which is poorly written in a sort of Maddox style. Which as far as I'm concerned speaks volumes about the reliability of the what's written.

If it ends up being true we will hear it from different people on far more relieble sources. I think this is just some guy trolling.

Abeja
10th Jul 2009, 12:43
What troubles me is that they requested a 90% or higher. To me, they should have enough confidence by now that I dont see how anyone WOULDNT give it a 9/10. They should be given a 9/10 just for making the game. We probably wouldnt have a Batman game, and have to wait for DC Universe Online to get that "Batman-feel"

Im calling shenanigans.

*pistol whip*

luke344
10th Jul 2009, 12:55
I'm sorry I just don't believe this at all. maybe if he had a source or something but he don't and we are just expected to believe it?! and he's using twitter for god sake surely if eidos have been doing this it would be reported by one of the big game sites

Stargate21
10th Jul 2009, 12:57
OK, I'm chasing up the official word at the moment.

Personally speaking I haven't heard any discussions like this going on but I'll pass on the official response as soon as I get it.

Thanks Keir. Keep us informed.

roddollente
10th Jul 2009, 13:17
knowing that the review codes have already been there MONTHS before release (maybe even longer than 2 months, who knows?), Eidos trying to 'bribe' the magazines by letting them cover Batman earlier than others but in exchange of a 9, does that mean the game has already been finished (i mean, who will review an unfinished game?), and that they're only taking time to HYPE the game?! if this blogger says Batman lacks the variety and depth, and is a 7/10 tops, then i' not going to waste $73 (canadian dollars) to buy this thing. I love Batman, i'm not a nerd, and there are MUCH better games out there. pffffffttttt.....i don't want to be ripped off, or buy into the hype that Eidos+people are making.:mad2:

Kai Rei
10th Jul 2009, 13:20
......... If this is true...

Ryuuie
10th Jul 2009, 13:21
The numbers mean nothing, the review is everything. It's the person's opinion that MAY be sprinkled with facts like the game is slow on PS3 or something.

The number is nothing but that, a number given to make people make an immediate decision without reading the actual review and deciding for themselves. Oh, and getting on Metacritic and crap.

VXR
10th Jul 2009, 13:24
KEIR................... if its any help, i will GLADLY give batman a 90 score ...

even better, ILL give it a 100..... 150, 200.

provided i can get my grubby little paws on that game.

look guys & gals..... it is business, it is simple.
if i have to explain marketing 101 , then it is hopeless.

they want the good word continued after the e3 hype....

they cant rely on 45 wack jobs ( thats US ) making or breaking their company.

so, dont bust KEIRS balls...... he is a worker bee, just like the rest of you.

he knows what he knows, and does what he is told too.

he doesnt have to give YOU.......... ALL of YOU............ a darn thing.

but he does.

so freaking chill out.

Ensanguined Walls
10th Jul 2009, 13:24
If this is true, I will be ashamed to call myself a customer of Eidos.

Ryuu: That is sometimes true, but let's take websites like IGN into consideration. Their final score is determined by calculating the scores they give to each aspect of the game, from the visuals, controls, presentation, etc. In order to oblige and make the score a 9.0/10, they would have to change some of their individual scores and, if necessary, the tone of the review to potentially deceive users.

I don't think this is true, but it's certainly curious.

Kai Rei
10th Jul 2009, 13:27
Corrupt business still suck's.

roddollente
10th Jul 2009, 13:28
lmao peopl here still justify Eidos' actions. THAT IS WRONG, OKAY?! people would say, 'it's just bsiness, etc.' but in the end, who will suffer from an inferior product? who will benefit? is it the consumers (we, us, you and me)? no matter how you put it, it is wrong in alot of ways. i can't believe how ignorant people get. have you heard of MGS4, Uncharted, Gears, heck, even the most low-budget games to 'bribe' magazines?! pfffftttt...

Ryuuie
10th Jul 2009, 13:28
KEIR................... if its any help, i will GLADLY give batman a 90 score ...

even better, ILL give it a 100..... 150, 200.

provided i can get my grubby little paws on that game.

they want the good word continued after the e3 hype....

they cant rely on 45 wack jobs ( thats US ) making or breaking their company.

so, dont bust KEIRS balls...... he is a worker bee, just like the rest of you.

he knows what he knows, and does what he is told too.

he doesnt have to give YOU.......... ALL of YOU............ a darn thing.

but he does.

so freaking chill out.

Obviously this is just business. :| Why are YOU freaking out...?

Walls: Sometimes, IGN's reviews don't match their score though. I've seen many an IGN review that was praising the hell out of the game...then the score was like a 4. Then there was that ONE reviewer....I think the fans of IGN ran him out of town...terrible reviewer. He did nothing but copy and paste his multiplatform reviews and people were pissed.

lmao peopl here still justify Eidos' actions. THAT IS WRONG, OKAY?! people would say, 'it's just bsiness, etc.' but in the end, who will suffer from an inferior product? who will benefit? is it the consumers (we, us, you and me)? no matter how you put it, it is wrong in alot of ways. i can't believe how ignorant people get. have you heard of MGS4, Uncharted, Gears, heck, even the most low-budget games to 'bribe' magazines?! pfffftttt...

Because it IS just business, it's what you have to do to get ahead in the world. No company is completely pure of doing things like this. YES it is wrong, but damnit it happens. You can't just pick on Eidos for doing something MANY others do.

Abeja
10th Jul 2009, 13:30
I take the reviews with a grain of salt anyways. Even if everyone gave it a 0/10, id still play the demo and pick up the game.

roddollente
10th Jul 2009, 13:36
@Ryu MANY others? like who?

it is business. yea, right. but does Eidos need sympathy at all? it feels like you're stating that this is a fact of life, when clearly it's just a meager attempt to hype a game. even if it's business, we as consumers will suffer. maybe you want a Batman game so bad that you'd stick up for what Eidos did. im not too crazy about a Batman game. i just want it to be good and all, but seeing as how Eidos handled the mags and as the blogger says Batman not having enoguh depth and variety (which kinda holds true since we've only seen free-flow combat and invisible predator as the gameplay, no puzzle-solving, platforming sections, no nothing) and a 7/10 tops, i wouldn't want to waste my dollars on that.

as you've said it is business, bug that doesn't make it acceptable.

Ryuuie
10th Jul 2009, 13:39
@Ryu MANY others? like who?

it is business. yea, right. but does Eidos need sympathy at all? it feels like you're stating that this is a fact of life, when clearly it's just a meager attempt to hype a game. even if it's business, we as consumers will suffer. maybe you want a Batman game so bad that you'd stick up for what Eidos did. im not too crazy about a Batman game. i just want it to be good and all, but seeing as how Eidos handled the mags and as the blogger says Batman not having enoguh depth and variety (which kinda holds true since we've only seen free-flow combat and invisible predator as the gameplay, no puzzle-solving, platforming sections, no nothing) and a 7/10 tops, i wouldn't want to waste my dollars on that.

as you've said it is business, bug that doesn't make it acceptable.

Activision, Microsoft, Sony, they've all been accused of doing things like this. Many other game publishers as well. It's almost a well known fact that this is highly possible.

As previously said, don't bust Eidos' balls because of something that's probably fairly common in the gaming industry.

Drazar
10th Jul 2009, 13:44
I think people are overreacting. Eidos is just telling "hey you guys with awesome reviews can publish the review earlier, you guys with okay reviews just have to wait" Its not like there being Atari who denied the reviews and tried to sue sites or force them to take them down. -____-

Ensanguined Walls
10th Jul 2009, 13:47
Didn't Eidos do this with Tomb Raider Underworld, as well? They told magazines that they would generously lift the press embargo if the editor promised to ensure that the game received at least an 8/10, and the game ended up receiving decidedly mixed reviews from the press.

WillXW
10th Jul 2009, 13:50
What really annoys me is that there are people on that blog who have responded they have played the game. How is it that people already have the game before us? It's not fair and I want to know what makes them have higher priority.

Nightwing
10th Jul 2009, 13:52

I feel you've missed the point. The same argument is used to justify many atrocities in wars. Just because it's common practice or even because it makes good business strategy does not make it right.

If I have to explain ethics 101, then it is hopeless. :lol:

Ensanguined Walls
10th Jul 2009, 13:52
What really annoys me is that there are people on that blog who have responded they have played the game. How is it that people already have the game before us? It's not fair and I want to know what makes them have higher priority.

Because they're representatives from major gaming websites, and their views on a product are highly influential. This applies to final review codes that any websites receive in advance, as this allows them to publish their reviews near the release date of the product.

evilmajikman
10th Jul 2009, 13:53
To be honest, people that review games aren't perfect. Its all opinion based and none of it matters. COD5 got a lot of good reviews, but it wasn't my cup of tea. For me it was just very lacking. The average reviewer would have gaven that a 9 or 10, while I would have given it a 8. I remember this one magazine back when Enter the Matrix came out, they panned the game for a lot of things, but later on they made another review basically saying, forget what we said a few months ago, it's a decent shooter.

So all in all, I don't really trust critics/reviewers. The only way I agree with them is if I experience it myself, or watch videos with valid reasons why the game is or isn't good.

roddollente
10th Jul 2009, 14:00
lmao but look at Tomb Raider Underworld. people hyped it to no end. and of course, Eidos had a scandal with it as well. deja vu? now who's still playing it?

I'm with Nightwing. just because it's common to do this doesn't mean it's acceptable. who wants a f**king inferior product?! ugh.

Keir
10th Jul 2009, 14:01

“With regards an article posted on RamRaider alleging that Eidos has fixed review scores for Batman: Arkham Asylum, we want to state that no discussions have been held about review scores with any magazines. In short there is simply not one shred of truth in this article, except for the title of the game.” Jon Brooke, Head of UK Marketing, Eidos.

If you happen to post on other forums where there's a thread discussing this issue, feel free to pass that on.

Ryuuie
10th Jul 2009, 14:04

This is good to know...but wht if the title of the game WASN'T true? >>; What if it was actually Batman: Sleepover at Arkham? ...actually that'd be a neat title.

Anyway, thanks for posting this!

GoranAgar
10th Jul 2009, 14:04
I can only speak from personal experience as a gamer here, since I do not directly work for Eidos. It is very, VERY rare, that game reviews match my personal opinion/experience. So I stopped reading ANY.

Gho-Gerhowev
10th Jul 2009, 14:05

How do we know that he's not simply saying this? :P

I find it a bit odd that, after this info came out, the first magazine preview with Arkham rated it a 9/10, despite some drawbacks they had. The same score Eidos demanded to lift the embargo, which is why it's one of the only graded previews out at the moment.

batfan08
10th Jul 2009, 14:07
For God's Sake,SHUT UP ALREADY!

KnowHowIGotTheseScars?
How do we know the reviewer is not "just saying that"

roddollente

errr...ok? everybody knows what the truth is, anyways. is this just for formality's sakes? it's a shame tha t you didn't have any involvement in this (I HOPE so), and yet you have to deal with the forums.

Drazar
10th Jul 2009, 14:08
If Eidos was lying the magazines/internet sites would bust em up. Now stop believing in ridicilous blogs with no sources.

Kai Rei
10th Jul 2009, 14:09

I find it a bit odd that, after this info came out, the first magazine preview with Arkham rated it a 9/10, despite some drawbacks they had. The same score Eidos demanded to lift the embargo, which is why it's one of the only graded previews out at the moment.

Shut up Gho-Gerhowev, you f**king leprechaun.

Keir
10th Jul 2009, 14:09

How do we know the reviewer is not "just saying that"

I didn't even want to be the one that pointed this out, but if you look at the bottom of the page it even says:

Everything on this blog is the personal opinion of the RAM Raider, and is all lies (Apart from the comments, which are the personal opinions of the commenters. And are all lies.)

http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/s/shrug2.gif

Keir
10th Jul 2009, 14:10
Shut up Gho-Gerhowev, you f**king leprechaun.

Keep it polite please :thumb:

roddollente
10th Jul 2009, 14:10
lets just wait and see from what he posted:

:This means that if you see a mag turn up within the next few weeks (ding!) that features Arkham Asylum on its cover (ding!) and gives it at least 90% (ding ding ding!), you have a winner."

if this is true then i'll bid my pre-order goodbye, wait for 2 months or so to get it on ebay used and for 20 bucks cheaper.

Batman-DCU
10th Jul 2009, 14:11
I didn't even want to be the one that pointed this out, but if you look at the bottom of the page it even says:

http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/s/shrug2.gif

That's why patience is key.

dark_angel_7
10th Jul 2009, 14:14
Really if this ends up being true, its not the worst thing, lets look at:
Activision: wants to sue EA because they are releasing Brutal Legend and Activsion had screwed trheir contract with the game but now are regretting it

EA: Hired actors to act as stupid christians to protest againts Dante's inferno to gain publicity.

Now this is only a internet blog with no source whatsoevber. Actually we only have one guy flaming this whole thing, could it be he just wrote it? I wouldnt be surprised!

Well said :thumb:

For god's sake people! This **** happens all the time in the industry and Eidos ain't the only one. I've heard of smaller magazines being crushed down because the likes of Ubisoft and EA do not 'approve' of the magazines reviews.

Does that make it right to do it? No. Should we get into hissy fits as if Eidos is an evil corporation run by Mr. Burns himself and is addicted to lying and scandals? No.

Last time I heard Rocksteady were still ironing out bugs with the game and not to mention the game is far away from release (1 month and 18 days I think for Europe) so I don't know how magazines managed to get a review code and all this "scandal" is being reported by none other then a small, unheard of gaming blog and no doubt trying to get some hits and a higher page rank on Google and/ or trying to mock Eidos (which seems to be becoming a trend these days).

To me this whole thing reeks of BS and I don't believe a word of it.

KnowHowIGotTheseScars?
10th Jul 2009, 14:14
If Eidos was lying the magazines/internet sites would bust em up. Now stop believing in ridicilous blogs with no sources.

I agree .... anyone can write anything they want in a blog .... what if the game is just that good that it gets 90's .... that's suppose to make us believe this guy ..... someone could of written the same thing about GTA (who got 90s) and COD (ditto) ..... there is no reason to believe this person ... anyone who things that a blog is a credible source is going to fail when they have to start writing papers for school haha ..... I dont believe this .... Ive seen videos of the game, Ive played the combat demo, Ive watched the interviews .... I think its gonna be a great game .... Im not worried at all when I go August 25th to pick up my CE that I will have nothing less than a 90 in my hand

dark_angel_7
10th Jul 2009, 14:17
I agree .... anyone can write anything they want in a blog .... what if the game is just that good that it gets 90's .... that's suppose to make us believe this guy ..... someone could of written the same thing about GTA (who got 90s) and COD (ditto) ..... there is no reason to believe this person ... anyone who things that a blog is a credible source is going to fail when they have to start writing papers for school haha ..... I dont believe this .... Ive seen videos of the game, Ive played the combat demo, Ive watched the interviews .... I think its gonna be a great game .... Im not worried at all when I got August 25th to pick up my CE that I will have nothing less than a 90 in my hand

Well said At least some people have some common sense ;)

Drazar
10th Jul 2009, 14:18
http://kotaku.com/5311606/eidos-once-again-attempting-to-mess-with-review-scores

Kotaku the site that always believes everything also has this now posted, luckily enough they have updated it with the official statement from Eidos. honestly it seems the Ramraider might just want some publicity to me.

KnowHowIGotTheseScars?
10th Jul 2009, 14:21
IT just blows my mind that people have gotten this hung up on it .... when it CLEARLY says at the bottom of the page "these are my opinions" .... and "its all lies"

Stop licking the school bus windows on your way to school and wake up guys

evilmajikman
10th Jul 2009, 14:22
Dude. Of Course Arkham Asylum is going to get on the cover with good ratings. It's freaking Batman, I've played the demo watched the e3 footage and from what I've played and seen, it's amazing.

Magazine editors put famous iconic characters on the front page just to raise their sales. Terminator Salvation got on the cover of Gamepro, and that was a horrible game, and all reviewers panned the hell out of it. They did the same thing with most of the DBZ games. Magazine companies earn cash easier that way. No cash, no more magazine business. Since Dark Knight was probably the biggest movie in the last 10 years that raked in millions of dollars, you can count your life that there's going to be at least one magazine with Arkham Asylum on the front page.

Batman-DCU
http://kotaku.com/5311606/eidos-once-again-attempting-to-mess-with-review-scores

Kotaku the site that always believes everything also has this now posted, luckily enough they have updated it with the official statement from Eidos. honestly it seems the Ramraider might just want some publicity to me.

I wonder if it's worth it to have everyone exited for this game, to look at his blog for just one or two seconds. The things people do to get fame in an absurd way.

roddollente
IT just blows my mind that people have gotten this hung up on it .... when it CLEARLY says at the bottom of the page "these are my opinions" .... and "its all lies"

Stop licking the school bus windows on your way to school and wake up guys

i guess you don't know what sarcasm means.

Drazar
10th Jul 2009, 14:24
I checked that guy's blog and he has no bad comments on what EA or Activision has actually done lately, hes obviously a troll.

KnowHowIGotTheseScars?
10th Jul 2009, 14:25
i guess you don't know what sarcasm means.

I feel really bad for you........ you believe a blog is a credible resource .... your life is gonna be a tough one huh .... hey did you know that your parents pay to keep the monster out from under your bed ... once you move out .... it's feeding time scooter

Its true ... read it on a blog

dark_angel_7
10th Jul 2009, 14:27
Kotaku is an ugly sleazy site posting any rumours with no sources and other crap. Many times i have seen articles with no sources given and its a shame viewers take it as the real deal. Shame on you Kotaku!

Drazar
10th Jul 2009, 14:28
I wonder if it's worth it to have everyone exited for this game, to look at his blog for just one or two seconds. The things people do to get fame in an absurd way.

Indeed. And again the guy has no blog posts regarding what EA or Activision has done so he obviously picks on Eidos because of biased reasons.

Kotaku is an ugly sleazy site posting any rumours with no sources and other crap. Many times i have seen articles with no sources given and its a shame viewers take it as the real deal. Shame on you Kotaku!

Truth.

Jokesman
10th Jul 2009, 14:32
Go to the bottom of the ram raider page and read. Its at the very bottom, please stop posting about how your going to bid your pre order goodbye, because if you even thought about doing this youre not a true fan.

KnowHowIGotTheseScars?
10th Jul 2009, 14:32
Maybe they should put the demo out today ... and let all of us decide if its fun or not HAHAHA:lol::lol::lol: .... (I'm trying to take advantage of a REALLY stupid situation)

Jokesman
10th Jul 2009, 14:33
Everything on this blog is the personal opinion of the RAM Raider, and is all lies (Apart from the comments, which are the personal opinions of the commenters. And are all lies.)

thats what it say on the bottom of his blog page. lolololol.

roddollente
10th Jul 2009, 14:33
I feel really bad for you........ you believe a blog is a credible resource .... your life is gonna be a tough one huh .... hey did you know that your parents pay to keep the monster out from under your bed ... once you move out .... it's feeding time scooter

Its true ... read it on a blog

no, i really feel bad for YOU. it's proven that Eidos did it with Tomb Raider: Underworld, which was less than a year ago. the blogger covered the story pretty good (i just read his post). ok then, believe what Eidos says, since they're credible right?:rolleyes:

or maybe you're one of 'em Batman nerds that wold do anything to preserve this upcoming game and hyped it 'til no end, watched countless of gaming vids over and over on youtube, or that you read your Batman comics 'til 4 a.m.

i just can't believe people justify these things. are people really blind now? ignorant? now, would you expect a gaming site like IGN or Gamespot to crack this story? of course not. as i've said, Eidos already did it with Tomb Raider. that's why it got some 9's on metacritic if you wanna check it but the game? utter garbage. like total *****. so yea, believe in Eidos.:rolleyes:

KnowHowIGotTheseScars?
10th Jul 2009, 14:35
HAHAHA ... how is it proven .... another blog site

Jokesman
10th Jul 2009, 14:36
no, i really feel bad for you. It's proven that eidos did it with tomb raider: Underworld, which was less than a year ago. The blogger covered the story pretty good (i just read his post). Ok then, believe what eidos says, since they're credible right?:rolleyes:

Or maybe you're one of 'em batman nerds that wold do anything to preserve this upcoming game and hyped it 'til no end, watched countless of gaming vids over and over on youtube, or that you read your batman comics 'til 4 a.m.

I just can't believe people justify these things. Are people really blind now? Ignorant? Now, would you expect a gaming site like ign or gamespot to crack this story? Of course not. As i've said, eidos already did it with tomb raider. That's why it got some 9's on metacritic if you wanna check it but the game? Utter garbage. Like total *****. So yea, believe in eidos.:rolleyes:

look at the bottom of his page idiot

dark_angel_7
10th Jul 2009, 14:36
no, i really feel bad for YOU. it's proven that Eidos did it with Tomb Raider: Underworld, which was less than a year ago. the blogger covered the story pretty good (i just read his post). ok then, believe what Eidos says, since they're credible right?:rolleyes:

or maybe you're one of 'em Batman nerds that wold do anything to preserve this upcoming game and hyped it 'til no end, watched countless of gaming vids over and over on youtube, or that you read your Batman comics 'til 4 a.m.

i just can't believe people justify these things. are people really blind now? ignorant? now, would you expect a gaming site like IGN or Gamespot to crack this story? of course not. as i've said, Eidos already did it with Tomb Raider. that's why it got some 9's on metacritic if you wanna check it but the game? utter garbage. like total *****. so yea, believe in Eidos.:rolleyes:

Liar! Underworld only got 7's and a few 8's and currently only the PC version is at 80% on metacritic. So stop spreading false information! :@ And that wasn't Eidos it was their media company that they hired who made a mistake. IGN & Eurogamer and many other sites were allowed to pots there reviews freely and they only gave it a 7 and Gamespot was making a bug fuss out of nothing.

KnowHowIGotTheseScars?
10th Jul 2009, 14:37

Here's what it comes down to .... your right ... this game is **** and everything about it has been lies ... you should cancel your order, not buy it, not rent it, and leave this site ... that will show them all

Jokesman
10th Jul 2009, 14:38
Here's what it comes down to .... your right ... this game is **** and everything about it has been lies ... you should cancel your order, not buy it, not rent it, and leave this site ... that will show them all

lol

roddollente
10th Jul 2009, 14:40
don't get me wrong. i've preordered this game months ago. but knowing Eidos' actions pisses me off. i don't go for publishers like EA or Activision lately, since i want quality games, not overhyped ones.i read game reviews simply because if i shelled out $70 for a game and i disliked it i won't get a refund so i need to read some pros and cons first before buying. i saw the vids and since i like MGS i thought this would be a pretty good stealth-action game. i'm a consumer and a gamer, not a fanboy, or a nerd. people here in the forums just seems to be blinded by their love of this game, that they can't believe what the hell's happening now. just wow.

Drazar
10th Jul 2009, 14:42
Again Roddollente, the blog bottom says the site is all his own opinion, its him trolling.

PS. You are actually a nerd because you visit a official game site to talk about a game, just wanted to tell the truth. =p

Gho-Gerhowev
10th Jul 2009, 14:43
Oh, and here's a look at Eidos's history:

- Voted for their own games in a GotY poll...continually.
- Kane and Lynch fiasco.
- Eidos UK's PR firm has confirmed that British sites planning on posting Tomb Raider: Underworld reviews with less than an 8.0 score are being asked to hold off posting them until Monday. The news originally game from a twitter post from Gamespot UK journalist Guy Cocker, relaying a call he received voicing that very request. A representative from the PR firm Barrington Harvey spoke to Videogaming247 this morning.

What the holy hell? A request like this is not only insulting, it's downright unethical. Basically Eidos is asking review sites to withhold information from the public in order to fool them into buying a game with an artificially inflated Metacritic score...and they are doing it without batting an eyelid, as if this were just everyday business.

Ryuuie
10th Jul 2009, 14:44

What I wanna know is...did Kotaku even REALLY get that info directly from Eidos..or did someone HERE post it on Kotaku and not give credit to Keir for finding it?

Yea..if it's the latter, you suck whoever did that. :| Seriously.

KnowHowIGotTheseScars?
10th Jul 2009, 14:44
don't get me wrong. i've preordered this game months ago. but knowing Eidos' actions pisses me off. i don't go for publishers like EA or Activision lately, since i want quality games, not overhyped ones.i read game reviews simply because if i shelled out $70 for a game and i disliked it i won't get a refund so i need to read some pros and cons first before buying. i saw the vids and since i like MGS i thought this would be a pretty good stealth-action game. i'm a consumer and a gamer, not a fanboy, or a nerd. people here in the forums just seems to be blinded by their love of this game, that they can't believe what the hell's happening now. just wow.

No a wow isnt good enough thats not gonna show eidos and the gaming world anything ... we are all looking to you for guidance .... Cancel the order, dont rent it, and dont watch anymore trailers or interviews .... im sure they will notice and have to do something

Batman-DCU
10th Jul 2009, 14:45
people here in the forums just seems to be blinded by their love of this game, that they can't believe what the hell's happening now. just wow.

Of course, anyone would be blinded by something they really love. It's human nature to protect something even if we don't have 100% of all the facts.

HeartlessSystem
10th Jul 2009, 14:47
really, I don't think its true
anyway, who cares? like any self respecting game site is gonna do that anyway. You could just use it as a test to see which sites you should trust

Drazar
10th Jul 2009, 14:50
Oh, and here's a look at Eidos's history:

- Voted for their own games in a GotY poll...continually.

So tell me what company doesn't do this?

Eidos UK's PR firm has confirmed that British sites planning on posting Tomb Raider: Underworld reviews with less than an 8.0 score are being asked to hold off posting them until Monday. The news originally game from a twitter post from Gamespot UK journalist Guy Cocker, relaying a call he received voicing that very request. A representative from the PR firm Barrington Harvey spoke to Videogaming247 this morning.

If this is so horrible to you. Why don't you go to Atari forums who did even worse? They worsed _all_ reviews that were negative to get removed and lied about their own product.

Also what about Activision who are planning to sue EA for releasing Brutal Legends? The game they lost their rights to publish. What about EA hiring actors to protest Dante's Inferno as a group of angry christians? What Valve for not bothering to make their games truly multiplatform to PS3 because theya re lazy? Honestly if this thing is making you not wish to buy B:AA game, then why do you bother being in the forum? You obviously aren't enjoyning it anymore at all so why torment yourself?

Gho-Gerhowev
The point is that we won't know if the magazine was going to rate the game 90 because it is great, or if the mag rated it 90 because they wanted to be the first ones to get a review of the game and grab some cheap circulation figures. I personally need to be able to trust my media, they can't always be right but they can always be honest. Kudos to any publication that waits till after the embago and gives the game an honest 90 score and front cover.

I was hoping all this review brouhaha was all over after the K&L fiasco but here we go again. The sad thing is, if Batman Arkham Asylum is a good game, it might get tarnished because of all of this and its association with Eidos. Some publications might deduct points out of spite or whatnot. Honestly, do they have so little faith in their product/journalists that they must use these tactics?

For shame, Eidos. :mad2:

metalhead_dave

Okay, let me get this straight, because I just sign on today and I get this huge thread grabbing my attention.

Some attention whore decides to write some conspiracy theory blog without ANY sources or information other than his own opinions, pretty much talks out of his butt the way that Billo(yes Billo) Reilly does. T

Then all of a sudden it causes morons like you and the OP to become completely outraged because one persons "report" and swear to it like it was gospel, as well as make up outright LIES on your part(thanks to dark_angel_7 for pointing that out) to defend it.

And you say WE are blind? Roddollente, you may be new, but as Oliver Cromwell once said, "You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of god, go."

Drazar
10th Jul 2009, 14:53
The point is that we won't know if the magazine was going to rate the game 90 because it is great, or if the mag rated it 90 because they wanted to be the first ones to get a review of the game and grab some cheap circulation figures. I personally need to be able to trust my media, they can't always be right but they can always be honest. Kudos to any publication that waits till after the embago and gives the game an honest 90 score and front cover.

So you _need_ reviews to buy a game? Then just wait for all the other reviews to come on whenever or not and then go and buy it. If you can wait for all the reviews to come out, you dont need to bother with the earliest ones. ;)

I was hoping all this review brouhaha was all over after the K&L fiasco but here we go again. The sad thing is, if Batman Arkham Asylum is a good game, it might get tarnished because of all of this and its association with Eidos. Some publications might deduct points out of spite or whatnot. Honestly, do they have so little faith in their product/journalists that they must use these tactics?

A game published by "evil men" shouldn't effect the game since it was made by Rocksteady studios. :p

Batman-DCU
10th Jul 2009, 14:54

For shame, Eidos. :mad2:

Lets just hope they don't use these marketing tactics for Hitman 5.

batfan08
10th Jul 2009, 14:56
Will,you please stop trying to cause trouble,Gho.This should be over by now.

dark_angel_7
10th Jul 2009, 14:59
Eidos didn't do anything wrong with GOTY stuff. GOTY people asked everyone not to vote with their business e-mail addresses such as [name]@eidos.co.uk which they should've made clear in the first place!

HeartlessSystem
10th Jul 2009, 15:01
.What Valve for not bothering to make their games truly multiplatform to PS3 because theya re lazy?
Yeah that really (whats the smiley for bad word again...) me off! I want to play episode 3 without hassel or waiting.
I LOVE half life :D

Ryuuie
10th Jul 2009, 15:03
Unfortunately, Gho-Gerhowev is right. Look at how many people STILL post in this thread? This is bound to effect at least the reviews and gamers who know of the Tomb Raider and GameSpot fiascos.

However, other side of the coin (the side without the scars on it!), maybe Eidos is trying their damndest to get AWAY from all the drama bull**** by releasing this game. Whatever.

All I know is, I've waited 3 damn months for this game, had a friend pay $5 out of his pocket to get me started on the review, had my crappy ex-roommate take me MILES out of my way to pay the preorder off at a place I'm known to bash (GameStop) and I'll be damned if I just turn around and cancel the preorder. THAT is true foolishness.

I'm just gonna sit back, leave this as my last post in this thread, and watch this drama-filled thread unfold. =/ Unfortunately, if it's removed, someone's bound to try to start a mutiny or something equally stupid... let's hope this isn't the case.

mrbatar
10th Jul 2009, 15:05
Shouldn't we reserve judgment until we see both sides here. If it did happen - shame, the person (s) responsible should confess and be let go. If not, or it's just not as bad as it seems - move on; but also realizing that no industry is immune from corruption because none of us are.

thedeadpool
10th Jul 2009, 15:07
It might all be BS so we should wait till we see both sides and we play the game ourselves.

dark_angel_7
10th Jul 2009, 15:08
The fact pretty much is that the blog and Kotaku are obviously spreading nonsense BS about the game which, IMHO, is stupid and un-acceptable.

Nightwing
10th Jul 2009, 15:14
Is this still going?

Gho-Gerhowev
10th Jul 2009, 15:21
Then Eidos is no different from its competition. Their website states that they want to be innovators as they establish a relationship with their users. By using the same dirty tactics as any other company, Eidos is telling us that there is nothing distinctive or admirable about their business practices.

BTW, the website is not simply some random troll. Kotaku is one of the most honest websites for gaming, and they linked to the website because the guy is known for exposing bad business practices in the British gaming media.

WinterSnowblind
10th Jul 2009, 15:32
Chances are the story is true. It's pretty typical behaviour from Eidos.

However, I think it's worth pointing out that although they did this with Tomb Raider, the game wasn't even recieving particularly poor reviews (mainly in the 7 or 8 area) so even if they are doing this with Batman, it doesn't mean they're trying to cover up bad reviews, it's just that they ONLY want to see reviews that are giving it perfect scores.

It's a terrible idea either way though, as is proved by fan reaction here, because it only leads people to believe they're hiding something about the game. And maybe they are.

CaptainMcMulla
10th Jul 2009, 15:41
What in the name of hell is going on here?

darrinwright
10th Jul 2009, 15:41
I'm gonna hold judgment until the game is in my hands/a LOT of reviews come in. While it's true that Eidos was "involved" in a similar scandal (Kane & Lynch, Gamespot, Jeff Gertsmann), so far statements from the Perez Hilton of game bloggers don't really hold much weight with me.

Not saying that it DIDN'T happen, just saying I'm gonna wait and see for myself. If it turns out to be an awesome game anyway, no harm, no foul.

Sterlington
10th Jul 2009, 15:44
i dont get it. why are you upset about people with no lives giving rants/scores about a game?

darrinwright
10th Jul 2009, 15:49
So tell me what company doesn't do this?

If this is so horrible to you. Why don't you go to Atari forums who did even worse? They worsed _all_ reviews that were negative to get removed and lied about their own product.

Also what about Activision who are planning to sue EA for releasing Brutal Legends? The game they lost their rights to publish. What about EA hiring actors to protest Dante's Inferno as a group of angry christians? What Valve for not bothering to make their games truly multiplatform to PS3 because theya re lazy? Honestly if this thing is making you not wish to buy B:AA game, then why do you bother being in the forum? You obviously aren't enjoyning it anymore at all so why torment yourself?

:thumb: I love this comment so much. Especially the Valve part.:thumb:

CaptainMcMulla
10th Jul 2009, 15:54
I dont give a **** about this article. Every Eidos game i have played, the Hitman series, Tomb Raider series (not many) have been very good. So whoever wrote/posted this article can stick it where the sun dont shine.

Amputechture
10th Jul 2009, 18:11
Actually, you should be more concerned when a game ships to stores and doesn't have any review copies to go out period. At this point in time, video game magazines are a dying breed and would be less important to feature anything. Aside from the fact that the blog, again, says it's all lies. I mean, I know about the Eidos, Kane and Lynch controversy, but do you think they would do that again? It would be ridiculous. Not to mention they are involved with a larger company now that surely likes to avoid things like this.

The Jedi Guardian
10th Jul 2009, 19:35
So what does this have to do with the game, is it going to ruin our Batman experience? I didn't think so

Vexta
10th Jul 2009, 19:59
Well i have to admit. It all adds up.

Remember that Gameplay Beta that got deleted. That proves that companies are getting finished copies of the game.

And why are they pushing the release date backwards when a company is claiming to get the game early.

IN A WAY IT MAKES SENSE!?!?!?!

SORRY JUST READ BOTTOM OF THE PAGE LOL!

qadsia123
10th Jul 2009, 20:01
umm guys its called "business" not corruption alot of games do it and I dont see anything really wrong about it.

EXAMPLES of the past:

PES 2008: They had billboards of IGN.COM on the field and on loading screens and guess what pes 2008 got a great score from IGN.

FORZA 4: Recently there was a poll held to determine the "best racing simulator game on consloes" it was between GT5 and FORZA 4 the devs at forza on the official forums bribed the people on the forums to vote for forza 4 and they would get a free CAR!!!! its all part of there marketing.

TBH I dont see a huge problem with what they did thats saying if they really did do it in the first place why I dont see a huge problem is simply that there releasing a demo and have demo in alot of gameshops. See if they didnt release a demo and kept on hyping it like alot of the games in the past it would be "effy" but since they are releasing one I have faith that they are confident in there game and other deciving devs that hype up a game without releasing a demo etc.

Vexta
10th Jul 2009, 20:04
umm guys its called "business" not corruption alot of games do it and I dont see anything really wrong about it.

EXAMPLES of the past:

PES 2008: They had billboards of IGN.COM on the field and on loading screens and guess what pes 2008 got a great score from IGN.

FORZA 4: Recently there was a poll held to determine the "best racing simulator game on consloes" it was between GT5 and FORZA 4 the devs at forza on the official forums bribed the people on the forums to vote for forza 4 and they would get a free CAR!!!! its all part of there marketing.

TBH I dont see a huge problem with what they did thats saying if they really did do it in the first place why I dont see a huge problem is simply that there releasing a demo and have demo in alot of gameshops. See if they didnt release a demo and kept on hyping it like alot of the games in the past it would be "effy" but since they are releasing one I have faith that they are confident in there game and other deciving devs that hype up a game without releasing a demo etc.

Don't you understand? There not giving them demos. There giving them a brand new copy of the game so they can rate it a 90/100 or 9/10.

Sivart
10th Jul 2009, 20:04
Third Time for this thread... At the bottom of the page that's linked here.

roddollente
10th Jul 2009, 20:20
Third Time for this thread... At the bottom of the page that's linked here.

i can't beleive people believe this 'disclaimer' of some sort. i thought he's a liar? then why would you believe his 'disclaimer' then?

Sivart
10th Jul 2009, 20:24
^

Circular logic.

Amputechture
10th Jul 2009, 20:24
i can't beleive people believe this 'disclaimer' of some sort. i thought he's a liar? then why would you believe his 'disclaimer' then?
:hmm:

qadsia123
10th Jul 2009, 20:41
Don't you understand? There not giving them demos. There giving them a brand new copy of the game so they can rate it a 90/100 or 9/10.

yes I do understand I said that they are giving the consumers US the demo not the magazine editors so they have nothing to hide or hype something that is crap like tons of other games that havent released demos and hyped up there games that have turned out crap what I mean is that they are confident about theregame by releasing a demo and this is all part of there marketing which all game companies do!! .

Kai Rei
10th Jul 2009, 20:46
Why hasn't this bulls**t topic been locked?

AdamWest
10th Jul 2009, 20:47

This

whiston532
10th Jul 2009, 20:56
Eidos, the Jews, the NWO, and the shapeshifting lizzard people are all working to take over the world. This Is just step one.

Kai Rei
10th Jul 2009, 21:01
Eidos, the Jews, the NWO, and the shapeshifting lizzard people are all working to take over the world. This Is just step one.

Too bad we don't "have" a world. The Government does, but we don't.

whiston532
10th Jul 2009, 21:06
On a side note, there actually is a group of people that believe that a big number of our politicians are actually shapeshifting lizzard people, they show pics and videos where the persons eyes are SLIGHTLY lizzard like ( kinds slanted ) then claim that that person is a lizzard.

Kai Rei
10th Jul 2009, 21:08
On a side note, there actually is a group of people that believe that a big number of our politicians are actually shapeshifting lizzard people, they show pics and videos where the persons eyes are SLIGHTLY lizzard like ( kinds slanted ) then claim that that person is a lizzard.

Do you have any of these video's? :D

DrBo42
10th Jul 2009, 21:08

Because that would appear as Eidos/Squaresoft trying to censor the "article".

Rareless09
10th Jul 2009, 21:09
LOL, more hacks trying to knock down the game. They'll end up like the critics that hated The Dark Knight, absolutely IRRELEVANT.

Obviously if you attack a game a lot of people like you'll get a lot of attention at first, but eventually they'll cease to care and the effort becomes a waste of time.

stoobytoons
10th Jul 2009, 21:15
Michael Jackson had a scandal.
OJ Simpson had a scandal.

This is fluff. Who cares?

Kraken890
10th Jul 2009, 21:16
Yeah, if they had to pay sites and magazines for a good review then why not just save the time and effort and make a crappy game instead.

whiston532
10th Jul 2009, 21:17
Do you have any of these video's? :D

First of all, here is an artical that talks about the conspiracy briefly. I

http://www.cracked.com/article_17469_p3.html Scroll down till you see the pic of a lizzard. This David Icke guys is the head guy behind it.

http://www.davi****e.com/index.php/

thats the guys website, all you need is on it.

Kai Rei
10th Jul 2009, 21:34
First of all, here is an artical that talks about the conspiracy briefly. I

http://www.cracked.com/article_17469_p3.html Scroll down till you see the pic of a lizzard. This David Icke guys is the head guy behind it.

http://www.davi****e.com/index.php/

thats the guys website, all you need is on it.

That...is bats**t insane... What did I just read?

whiston532
10th Jul 2009, 21:54
That...is bats**t insane... What did I just read?

Watch the video about the NWO, its amazing, all it is is a bunch of overly concerned british looking people ( no offence to my fellow brits ) watching a bunch of synced together clips of politicians mentioning a world order being taken out of contex and a bunch of republican T.V show hosts spreading their usuall BS. Seriously, im right wing, but the republican party is a joke, specially their media persons.

Also, instead of blasting this company for doing something that has NO evidence to back it up, you wait, play the game then tell us how you think.

I love the RAM Raider ( what a stupid name, this guy obviously cares WAY too much about games ) logic, Edios gives the magazines the review code or whatever, but then says they cant review it unless they give it a good review... Why would a magazine care about not being able to review it a month early ?

Kai Rei
10th Jul 2009, 21:57
Watch the video about the NWO, its amazing, all it is is a bunch of overly concerned british looking people ( no offence to my fellow brits ) watching a bunch of synced together clips of politicians mentioning a world order being taken out of contex and a bunch of republican T.V show hosts spreading their usuall BS. Seriously, im right wing, but the republican party is a joke, specially their media persons.

Any republican or democrate is a joke. They make it out as if their against each other when really I *think* their working together. I have no idea why, it's just all pure, media-related horse s**t.

whiston532
10th Jul 2009, 22:08
Any republican or democrate is a joke. They make it out as if their against each other when really I *think* their working together. I have no idea why, it's just all pure, media-related horse s**t.

Well, im Canadian, and up here its a different situation, we have many parties ( not just the 2 in USA ) but the 4 main ones are: The Conservatives, The Liberals, The NDP, and the Bloc Quebecois

The Conservatives are the rightwing group similar to the Rep. but not as greedy, they are the current leadership, they are heavily supported in the West due to the blue collar nature of the area.

The Liberals are the Dems. Left Wing, supported by the more upperclass Eastern canada. Hated by the West because of their history of taking our resources ( mainly oil, which he have a LARGE supply of ) and handing it to the East on a silver platter, while the west suffers. Pretty obvious who i support huh ?

NDP are for lack of better words, Socialist. They are very Left-wing but not quite communist, they never get much support

Bloc exists for the sole reason of trying to get Quebec ( one of our provinces, which is almost entirely french ) to flat out leave Canada, they will NEVER win.

Sorry about the long rant, i just think we have a better system up hear, and the leaders arnt so critical of eachother, granted there is the expected ( my opponent is incompetent ) but non of the ( my opponent is a Dirty communist who wants to destroy democracy ) stuff of the US.

Boke18
10th Jul 2009, 22:08

Yes this is off topic so you can mark my post as such, but yes the Republican/Democratic sideshow is just like the WWE. They put on a show to entertain us all, but behind closed doors they are all friends working towards the same goal.

whiston532
10th Jul 2009, 22:13
LOL, this got of topic.

Back to the point, can ANYONE show me proof that this is happening ? Im not saying it never happens, but all ive seen is some dude on Twitter ( LOL !!! ) saying it without any sources or actually evidence to back himself up.

But, if people believe that kinda stuff, then allow me to do it myself...

All video game, movie, music, book, play, and general entertainment companies are taking ALL your money to build a giant fleet of spaceships which they will use to kidnap as many children as possible and take them to their supream overlord on Neptuin, where they will feed the children to him so he may gain strenght so he can fly back to Earth and enslave us all.

But dont worry, me and my allies are forming a Galactic Rebellion to fight this evil, if you listen to MY opinion and give me your attention, i will fight this evil, i know i dont have evidence or really anything in my favor, but i have an opinion, therefore its right !!!

door noob
10th Jul 2009, 22:17
That's an awsome site :P^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

whiston532
10th Jul 2009, 22:20
I always pictured the NWO as this:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1334/543995134_48153a3ce8.jpg

Kai Rei
10th Jul 2009, 22:43
I always pictured the NWO as this:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1334/543995134_48153a3ce8.jpg

LOL, man WCW was great until the WWF bought them out.

whiston532
10th Jul 2009, 22:44
I used to like wrestling, but the plot lines and characters became WAY to moronic for me to look past it.

Drazar
10th Jul 2009, 22:48
I used to like wrestling, but the plot lines and characters became WAY to moronic for me to look past it.

That was my favorite part tbh. =P

whiston532
10th Jul 2009, 22:50
That was my favorite part tbh. =P

For a time it was mine, but then we got guys like Cena, pretty much every legendary wrestlers grandson, and the entire TNA roster.

Kai Rei
10th Jul 2009, 23:07

Same. Just about every wrestler in the WWE today is a generic one and it's not exciting anymore. TNA may be crap, but atleast Sting's still in the business. Goldberg isn't wrestling anymore, Kane is no longer awesome, and most if not all of the wrestlers from the Attitude Era have left the business. Sucks.

whiston532
10th Jul 2009, 23:22
Same. Just about every wrestler in the WWE today is a generic one and it's not exciting anymore. TNA may be crap, but atleast Sting's still in the business. Goldberg isn't wrestling anymore, Kane is no longer awesome, and most if not all of the wrestlers from the Attitude Era have left the business. Sucks.

if it took all of the stupid storylines out and was just wrestling, they can have the costumes, but only for enterences, pretty much do what UFC does, there is characters, you can see them in their entrences, and sometimes it comes through in the ring, but take down the theatrics it be fine, i just cant stand the characters, the steriotyping amongst minority wrestlers is embarassing to watch as a white person, here comes a black guy from Jamaca, of cource his music is Regge, an arab ? Make him hate america ! A woman? make her a hoe !!!

whiston532
10th Jul 2009, 23:29
In relation to the OT, i dont care what reviewers say, i base my opinions of what i play, every review in the world could give it a 10/10 and i wouldnt care, wether or not Eidos is doing this or not doesnt affect me, all i use reviews for is i look for the general concensus on whether most people say its good or not, then i take thait into CONSIDERATION, besides, i have seen ONE review that was negative ( the Screwattack one, and you all know my opinion on that one... ) so unless Eidos is bribing every single person ( whether their a reviewer at a magazine or just a person who played the game ) then i feel safe, besides, how would this guy know if someone actually, genuinly likes the game, MAYBE Eidos did bribe PSZone, or a couple of magazines, but what if people actually think its a 9/10 game ? Besides, im sure that once public reviews come out he will probably just pretend he never was critical of it ( just like Nancy Grace ).

Kai Rei
11th Jul 2009, 00:14
if it took all of the stupid storylines out and was just wrestling, they can have the costumes, but only for enterences, pretty much do what UFC does, there is characters, you can see them in their entrences, and sometimes it comes through in the ring, but take down the theatrics it be fine, i just cant stand the characters, the steriotyping amongst minority wrestlers is embarassing to watch as a white person, here comes a black guy from Jamaca, of cource his music is Regge, an arab ? Make him hate america ! A woman? make her a hoe !!!

Thats corperate America for us. :( I'm sick of the stereotyping aswell. Life sucks and then we die, huh?

Whoo!
11th Jul 2009, 00:25
Interesting...
I figure, there are two possibilities for people to believe in on this topic:

All the anger in the forum that we see of late is the result of :
1) a scandal being uncovered

or more interestingly,

2) a plot by a competitor to damage the reputation of eidos, by creating disarray and suspicion among those who've supported this game the most and among the gaming community.

"look what I've done to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets"

Kai Rei
11th Jul 2009, 00:29
Interesting...
I figure, there are two possibilities for people to believe in on this topic:

All the anger in the forum that we see of late is the result of :
1) a scandal being uncovered

or more interestingly,

2) a plot by a competitor to damage the reputation of eidos, by creating disarray and suspicion among those who've supported this game the most and among the gaming community.

"look what I've done to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets"

...Are you serious? If so, how do you suppose the "competitor" is?

Whoo!
11th Jul 2009, 00:35
no idea, just wondering about this possibility, yeah, it is far fetched, but possible nonetheless, maybe its not even a competitor, just some dude who's bored, which sounds more likely.

There's been a lot of trolling these days on the forum

Kai Rei
11th Jul 2009, 00:40
no idea, just wondering about this possibility, yeah, it is far fetched, but possible nonetheless, maybe its not even a competitor, just some dude who's bored, which sounds more likely.

There's been a lot of trolling these days on the forum

True. Alot of trolling and whinging.

whiston532
11th Jul 2009, 00:42
It's some fat gameing nerd who never leaves his moms basement making up rumors to get attention.

Kai Rei
11th Jul 2009, 00:46
It's some fat gameing nerd who never leaves his moms basement making up rumors to get attention.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll probably never know.

whiston532
11th Jul 2009, 01:31
Like I said, even if Eidos is bribing these reviewers it doesn't change anything. I've seen enough of this game to make a fair assesment.

Also, to all the people who say they won't buy the game cause of the " poor buisness ethics " should realize that if they new what type of buisness major buisnesses did they would not own anything. Point being that these things happen and we need to accept it.

Abeja
11th Jul 2009, 01:35
So we gonna start a boycott or what? Lets all drink the Kool-aid. rdy?

EliteF50
11th Jul 2009, 02:31
Who cares? That's a smart business strategy...

TheDarkestKnight
11th Jul 2009, 03:54
What is wrong with you people they have put time in this for us and your all gunna turn on them for sumthin that might not be true if you guys think that way then your not welcome here

P.S. if they r sayin their fixing the scores y did they give them a 9/10 Then they wrote the article!!

I AM DISSAPOINTED IN YOU GUYS!!!:eek:

MCREF
11th Jul 2009, 05:53
P.S. if they r sayin their fixing the scores y did they give them a 9/10 Then they wrote the article!!

Should've left that out. The scandal was that they would allow early reviews for the game if Arkham got the cover and a 90% score. Hate to see that on a peace post I really do, but that made that point you were trying to make fall tragically. I'll say this though, rumors are bad. With no reliable source they bounce around unchecked. Sure, it could be true. Then again, it could be the rantings of an under-appreciated journalist who vents out his frustration by setting up a blogsite posting outrageous invalid claims about game products to anyone that'll listen. Kinda leaning the second way for me considering the guy's caption is something about the game industry being corrupt or something. I'll look back and edit if I'm wrong. Regardless, can't jump without enough proof. Let's see if there are tons of reviews this month on the game with Arkham on the cover and a score at or above 90%. Either way, the only review that matters in the end is your own. Don't read too much into this.

whiston532
11th Jul 2009, 06:04
Why would gettingan early review matter so much ? A review I read 1 month before isn't any different than a 1week early.

I agree with MCREF it's probably some "journalist" who gets no attention so he makes some stuff up so people notice him, the guy doesn't even try to provide proof. The guy obviosly hates the gaming industry so he's gonna jump to conclusions.

Why So Serious ?
11th Jul 2009, 06:07
Holy smokes bat fans your still talking about this? Keri, Chip close this thread, its nothing but a bar for trolls

Gho-Gerhowev
11th Jul 2009, 06:19
It's not like video game journalism has enough credibility problems already, the publishers doing stuff like this doesn't help in any way. Like people said even a legitimate 9 now would look like they're doing it just to get an early review. The only solution would be to wait until the embargo is lifted for everyone, even if you are giving it a 9.

Wow, although this isn't all that rare a practice, it seems Eidos is the worst for it. It's absolutely ridiculous because as people have said, if it leaks out then people won't listen to reviews, and if people don't hear about it it's a scummy practice. Wholeheartedly do not support this and really wish Eidos would put more thought and effort into their products instead of hoping review sites will cave in order to get the review out earliest.

Publishers (specifically Eidos) need to stop doing this this. I can understand wanting to make sure you make some money off your game, but this isn't the way to do it. All this does is get a whole bunch of people ticked off at you, and in some cases, makes people decide to not play said game. Which in turn, leads to them making no money. Which isn't what they'd want to happen.

How much confidence does Eidos have in Arkham Asylum?

Oh Eidos. First you got Jeff fired from GameSpot, which led to Gamespot losing a large chunk of its editorial staff and turning into a soulless corporate zombie. Then you did the high ratings = no embargo crap with Tomb Raider and now Arkham Asylum.

Gho-Gerhowev
11th Jul 2009, 06:22
Eidos has a history of this interference, as well, from their embargo deals behind closed doors with Tomb Raider, etc. Why do you think they want the best reviews out early? They want the Metacritic score to be as high as possible, which is why they are willing to bargain with magazines that have no integrity and simply want their readers to buy more copies because a potentially good game will be on the cover. Eidos needs to realize that their efforts will always become public, and they are tarnishing their games by saying that they want to be leaders in the industry and then doing this.

Why So Serious ?
11th Jul 2009, 06:34
no one cares as long as this game has more then 4-5 villains and its not like Spider-Man:web of shadows, then im fine.

CaptainMcMulla
11th Jul 2009, 06:47
I'll tell you something, there are people in this world who hate Batman. The people/person who wote the article hates Batman and loves Spiderboy or whatever. He know that this game is so looking so good that its going to kick its spidey boy game right up its ****. People are out there trying to make this game look bad. The question is though is the game bad? people who have played the demo have had their say on these forums and 99% have been positive feedback and that is just from the combat demo. You havent played the full game yet, so whats your experience of the game going to be then? As Keir posted in the first post this article is a load of ****.

sd921
11th Jul 2009, 06:50
I'll tell you something, there are people in this world who hate Batman. The people/person who wote the article hates Batman and loves Spiderboy or whatever. He know that this game is so looking so good that its going to kick its spidey boy game right up its ****. People are out there trying to make this game look bad. The question is though is the game bad? people who have played the demo have had their say on these forums and 99% have been positive feedback and that is just from the combat demo. You havent played the full game yet, so whats your experience of the game going to be then? As Keir posted in the first post this article is a load of ****.

wow couldn't have put it any better myself:thumb:

Why So Serious ?
11th Jul 2009, 06:51
I played it and I will tell you it is the best thing i ever played I actually cried while playing it(No lie) b/c that game is like gold

whiston532
11th Jul 2009, 07:00
As long as the game is fun and good in my opinion they couldve massacred a whole African village just to build a summerhome that they will never use. It's just not an issue to me. Do I think it's right ? No. But I don't care, as long as the game is good IMO.

CaptainMcMulla
11th Jul 2009, 07:05
wow couldn't have put it any better myself:thumb:
This was one of my special angry rants. Chistian Bale style :lol:

whiston532
11th Jul 2009, 07:09
Can someone PLEASE show evidence that Eidos is doing this ?

CaptainMcMulla
11th Jul 2009, 07:11
Can someone PLEASE show evidence that Eidos is doing this ?
There is no evidence if you read my post on this page then you will understand this article.

whiston532
11th Jul 2009, 07:18
Oh I totaly agree with everything you said. I'm just calling out the OP. he's probably gonna post something like " look at the facts " or " you've been brainwashed by Eidos " or other crap points that are obvious covers for the fact that there is no proof.

vulcanraven213
11th Jul 2009, 07:39
Exactly. They are putting a hold on reviews and articles because they dont want any info to be leaked about the game till fans get a real chance to play it. They did the same thing with MGS4. These small time blogs and webpages use tabloid techniques to get peoples attention and most of you are buying into. Their will be a demo and we have seen tons of footage of this game in action. Judging by my eyes I can say this all crap.

whiston532
11th Jul 2009, 08:03
It seems like this blogger went into this situation WANTING to hate this game, he found that this game was receiving very good praise from across the board from game reviewers to average people. So instead of admiting to himself that this game might actually be good he instead makes up some crap so he dosent have to admit that the system isn't as corrupt as he thinks it is.

chip5541
11th Jul 2009, 15:20
I think everyone has pretty much had their say. We have received a comment by Eidos. Before things get out of hand I am going to close this thread. There really isn't much more that can be said.