PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Concerning Pre-orders

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

member_10753888
13th Aug 2012, 22:27
Is anyone planning to buy the new Final Fantasy XIV? If you are wouldn't like some sort of pre-order bounus or a Special Edition? I'm here to ask what would you like the game to come with and what price range would you believe it to be worth?

VileEighty
13th Aug 2012, 23:01
Final Fantasy XI was notorious for all those extra little in-game items to be pretty useless. XIV's preorder bonuses (among others, such as the in-game item you got for having a simultaneous concurrent XI account, or the special edition bonus) were only useful up to, like, level 10.

As a XIV player with a current subscription, I'm not really sure what I'd want it to come with. I don't see myself paying another $59.99 for the PS3 version (I mean, seriously... even though that's my ideal console to play it on) and I don't want another inconsequential novelty in-game item.

Anyway, to answer your question, I don't know.

member_10753888
13th Aug 2012, 23:36
I understand, having the game re-release when you are already a player to the first one does have a usless point on getting the new one. Although they claim this one to be pretty much a complete new game from the one you are playing it doesn't really pursuade those whom are already playing. What if they included some kind of account sync that may give you a range of advantages for veteran players?

VileEighty
14th Aug 2012, 03:14
Veteran players already possess the advantage of keeping their characters. The game is being revamped, yes, but it's not like we'll be losing our accounts.

The incentive for people already playing has been thoroughly explored:

lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/campaig... (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/campaign/campaign.html#legacy) (You may still qualify if you're willing to pay for a 3 month subscription before 2.0's release)

Not to mention the option of obtaining the exclusive pre-2.0 Goobbue mount (which is unavailable as of 8-13-2012).

To be clear: A Realm Reborn is still Final Fantasy XIV. Everyone playing now will likely still be playing when 2.0 it's released. We won't have to re-purchase the game if we plan on continuing to play on PC, but having the PC version does not entitle you to the PS3 one, hence my gripe. I want to play on PS3 but I'm already playing it on PC, and $59.99 is a steep price to double dip on.

member_10753888
22nd Aug 2012, 00:40
I understand, why people would continue to play the current one, I wouldn't leave a game if I had spent so much time and money on. However, I see no reason for them to quit, since the one they currently play will simply be updated. Allowing them to continue where they left off. Although I don't think it would still be fair. For instance, being that the game is in PlayStation 3 format, will console players be paying the same subscription fee that PC players are paying for now? If not, will PC players be able to play for free as they would? How would you guys feel, if PC players in the end still had to pay for the game, while PlayStation 3 players roam freely? Would this persuade you to buy a PlayStation 3 copy? Note: It has yet to be made clear, if you buy a PlayStation 3 copy that you will be able to transfer your current characters from the PC to it. (If you have proof other wise, please post the link.)

steve.walker7
16th Dec 2012, 03:26
I was looking to see if there was a purchase available for the 2.0 version of FFXIV yet. I'm 99% sure they're not ready to start marketing however I saw on TARGET dot com .... that they were selling the PS3 version and it was set to be released on Jan 1st 2013 and the PC version to be released December 31st 2013. I see amazon with -similar- dates but I just wanted to see if anyone else had seen anything about releases as of yet. I'd appreciate any information on a more appropiate time slot for the release, thanks!

member_10253709
16th Dec 2012, 04:23
FFXIV release date is not yet known. Retailers often put in place holders for unreleased games.

FFXIV 2.0 is currently in alpha testing, and soon will be beta testing. I expect the game to be available around Feb/March 2013.

ximacintoshix
2nd Jan 2013, 23:16
Title pretty much says it all. I know the servers are down, but would it make more sense to preorder ARR online, and get it a day or 2 after it comes out, or get FFXIV now, and hope account creation + upgrading will work properly?

member_10025263
3rd Jan 2013, 01:15
If you buy FFXIV now, you're essentially paying for a registration code. The disk will be no good, as A Realm Reborn is a different client and game completely. Overall, unless you happened to find one of the Collector's editions and really want the items that come with it. So in general, I would just say it's best to probably wait. (It's also worth noting that FFXIV 1.0 has been discontinued. )

ximacintoshix
3rd Jan 2013, 14:34
their beta timeline looks a little like this.

closed beta P1 starts mid february. 2-4 weeks.

1-2 weeks of debugging.

closed beta P2 will last 1-3 weeks.

1-2 weeks of debugging.

closed beta P3 will last 1-3 weeks.

1-2 weeks of debugging.

open beta P4 will last 1-3 weeks.

So the earliest will be mid-april, with the latest being mid june-mid july

Tsukinikawatte
7th Jan 2013, 09:45
where do I find the code? I remember when you registered there was a code listed on your dashboard but since square members died and came back, I can't find the code anymore.

Tsukinikawatte
7th Jan 2013, 10:20
NVM I just reneterd my code off the slip in the box for registration on the ff14 beta, hope that works.

member_10552361
7th Jan 2013, 10:22
I'm trying to find that myself and not having any luck. I'm hoping this statement on the beta site: "If you applied to be a PlayStation 3 beta tester for FFXIV Version 1.0 and were selected to test the Windows version instead, you need not apply again to test the PS3 version" applies to people who were NOT selected to test the windows version also. Anyone out there that can confirm this?

Tsukinikawatte
7th Jan 2013, 10:33
You know the slip that came in your game, enter the sqaure members number even if you claimed it. It should be on the bigger slip with the BIG FF13 logo on top. I entered that and it took it.

member_10463766
7th Jan 2013, 10:40
When I registered FF13, the website gave me a FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code which is 20 digits long. ( which I took a screen shot of ) The space provided it only 16 digits.. I think I'm in a whole other world of WTF?

member_10200277
7th Jan 2013, 11:19
I had the same problem and figured out what it was. The 20 digit code was for the first beta test for Final Fantasy XIV. The 16 digit code you need is the one that came in the box of Final Fantasy XIII when you bought it new. It should say starting from the top "Square Enix Members Product Registration Card Final Fantasy XIII" the code is on that piece of paper.

member_10102996
7th Jan 2013, 11:47
I no longer have this paper as It was supposed to be saved to my SE account... how can I get this code back?

member_10527188
7th Jan 2013, 12:17
I am in the same boat, I registered the code when I purchased FF XIII when it first came out, but now I need to re-enter it on the new beta aplication, I filled out the application and used the same email address, but the system acted like I was completely new, even though I have an active square enix members account. I don't have the original code since I've moved twice since then, and I'm hoping I am not SOL because I really wanted to help make this an amazing game.

member_10207157
7th Jan 2013, 12:46
Me to I don't have my slip either I already signed up cause I didn't have it hope I'm not SOL either :"(

member_10013462
7th Jan 2013, 14:19
I'm in the same boat. I can't believe they deleted the page. I don't have the slip of of paper anymore. Waiting for a response from customer service.

member_10207157
7th Jan 2013, 14:21
Lemme know what they say

member_10603044
7th Jan 2013, 15:20
Lemme know what they say

Does anyone know if there is a way to tell if we registered for the PS3 beta when it was originally put up for 1.0? I don't want to reapply if i already have but I am unsure

member_10207157
7th Jan 2013, 15:22
I think you still have to reapply

member_10115752
7th Jan 2013, 15:52
Been Googling this issue for awhile now, glad I came here to this forum. Same problem here, I'm actually surprised I didn't keep the original code left in my FFXIII case. Can't find it anywhere, also moved a couple times since then. Not sure if I should even sign up for the beta yet. No idea what to do :(

member_10207157
7th Jan 2013, 15:54
If ur membership is the same email as the one u used I don't see why they cant know if u already signed up the first time

finalfantasyxivcolton
7th Jan 2013, 16:05
if people are having trouble... go to gamestop and take a code out of used copy... even if the code has been used on a square enix members account it still should work for this purpose, i work at gamestop and this is what i must do because i lost my code for the ps3, a long time ago sadly

member_10207157
7th Jan 2013, 16:06
Already signed up cause I couldn't find mine :"( that's my issue

member_10172955
7th Jan 2013, 16:15
I'm in the same boat as all of you. I just wish they don't count out those who registered when FFXIII first came out. Otherwise i won't be too happy :(

member_10450316
7th Jan 2013, 16:37
I'm in the same boat unfortunately I can't find my password on the site and have no idea what happened to that passcode but I think I'll be alright since if I remember correctly the said I could join the windows test instead when the beta test for 1.0 happened although I couldn't do it as m computer can't run it. If I read right the should still consider me at least thats what the lodestone said

Kuraikoto
23rd May 2013, 18:20
While looking for the CE pre-order on NA websites other than the SE store, I came across a post claimng that the Physical CE version would not be sold outside of the SE store. I've yet to get any confirmation or source on this information except from the poster:

Fusionx (http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A19C4YIZD5D849/ref=cm_cd_et_pdp) says:
"The press release sent to media outlets-

Set for an August 27, 2013 release, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be available for $39.99 on the PlayStation®3 system and $29.99 for Windows PC. The Collector's Edition will be available for $79.99 on the PlayStation®3 system and the PC version will be sold exclusively at the Square Enix Online Store for $69.99. A free 30-day trial is also included for new accounts. Monthly subscriptions for new accounts start at $12.99. PC specs for final product may change; please refer to the preorder website for details."

There are pre-orders on some EU sites for the physical PC CE; however, they are still missing from the NA sites. Is this information true for NA players? Are we going to be forced to order from the Square Enix site and use USPS for shipping.

P.S. I've posted this elsewhere and received no response. I can't post on the FFXIV forums since I had not logged in 30 days before the game servers were closed. I'd appreciate clarification on this. Thanks.

*edit* Kotaku supports this: kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xiv-reborn-augu... (http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xiv-reborn-august-27-gets-another-collec-509538963)

Come on SE... forced me to use a bad mail delivery service and you botched my order already which you kept exclusive to your store. Not cool!

Signis
24th May 2013, 01:41
I'm curious if I pre-order FFXIV CE for PC, do you get charged at time of pre-order or do you get charged when it ships?

member_10195518
24th May 2013, 02:15
I got charged as soon as I clicked submit..

member_10270189
24th May 2013, 09:47
Same here i got charged instantly and i dont see my download link. do i have to wait till release to download or what?

PS: i got the digital copy

member_10411144
24th May 2013, 10:28
Has there been word on advanced shipping for the physical copies of FFXIV for the headstart? or will the headstart only be for the Digital download pre orders?

Thanks.

Kryadan
24th May 2013, 10:39
You get an email from them (or at least I did) and it says to click and sign up to get notification when you can download the game.

At the bottom of your e-receipt

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package - Instructions to sign up for early access to the game:

Visit LINKHERE and register. You will be notified via email prior to the launch of the game on when you can return and redeem your preorder code to unlock Early Access to the game along with instructions on how to receive your Cait Sith Doll minion and Moogle Cap digital content.

You will need an active Square Enix account to complete this process so, if you want to set one up in advance, please go here: na.square-enix.com/members (/members).</pre>

member_10270189
24th May 2013, 11:06
oh ic thanks. still no email so far

member_10177565
24th May 2013, 11:10
I preordered FFXIV 1.0 Collector's Edition, but I'm a sucker for the new bonuses for the FFXIV:ARR Collector's Edition so I preordered that yesterday too xD So my question is, will I be able to link both together so my character from FFXIV 1.0 can enjoy the ARR pre-order bonuses i.e. early access, Cait Sith minion, and the Mog Cap?

I know us 1.0ers will be able to enjoy the new CE in game items but I want to know what's the word on the new pre-order bonuses

Kryadan
24th May 2013, 11:11
Check your junk mail. I got mine immediately after buying it last night.

I bought the 49.99 (digital collector edition)

member_10270189
24th May 2013, 12:06
no i got yahoo and that thing take for ever to recieve the email and i have squareenix as safe emails so they will go go to inbox.

But i will keep cheking from time to time. if by tomorrow i dont have it i put a ticket and see if someone answers.

ty anyway.

Dyno69
24th May 2013, 12:25
is there anyway to get free shipping to canada id like to order from square enix but i cant justify paying 11.25 to ship it up here.

member_10802272
24th May 2013, 13:34
Hello there! I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I'm not really sure what to do or where to go and I just need a question answered. Any help would be useful!

First off, I did not play the original Final Fantasy XIV, and I just purchased the Collector's Edition of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn.

I keep hearing about registration codes and all that stuff, and when I bought the game, I don't think I was given any such thing.

My question is: Am I supposed to have a registration code? Or is it given to me when I receive my copy of FFXIV: ARR? When I made the purchase, I just got a receipt and no other instructions. I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(P.S. I can't post on the official FFXIV forums because it says I'm not registered, so that's why I'm here.)

member_10802272
24th May 2013, 14:04
I also should have mentioned this:

I was also instructed to go to this website: http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com..... and give my email.

After doing so, I wasn't given a confirmation email or anything, so I'm not sure if I'm just waiting for my registration code to be given to me when the game gets released.

venkaramon
24th May 2013, 14:16
The email you provided in the pre order section is where they'll send the email WHEN they allow us to do so. So for now just sit tight *like me* and wait for them to contact you. For your first post you wont be giving anything other than the code for the pre order bonus. The rest should be given when they ship the product anything else they'll contact you by mail. Do keep on checking here once in a while though from what I read they'll be giving more info soon

Further instructions will be given considering its still 3 months away :> But I understand your queueries and do I hint major excitement. (I got the DD version though I think you got the physical one :> Hope this helps

venkaramon
24th May 2013, 14:17
I got mine immediately too although its just a confirmation of payment and a way to track your order :> Btw did anyone notice the typo on the pre order registration page ? :D

PhatCawks
24th May 2013, 14:40
Yeah I just orded my mine on Green Man Gaming and I got the email. I was wondering where do we put that code for early access.. Anybod know? lol

PhatCawks
24th May 2013, 14:50
have you tried ebgames...?

Dyno69
24th May 2013, 14:56
have you tried ebgames...?

Yeah i finally bit the bullet and pre ordered from there, im not a huge fan of them though always bad service

chrono01
24th May 2013, 15:20
I pre-ordered the PC CE from Square Enix for this very reason. EBGames.ca was offering the CE for the PS3, but I wanted the PC version. :(

Oh well, here's hoping that it arrives quickly/safely!

member_10270189
24th May 2013, 16:43
Still waiting for the confirmation and download email . http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

Paladin_Locke
24th May 2013, 16:50
In case anyone is interested, you can pre-order it with a 20% off coupon.

www.greenmangaming.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV... (http://www.greenmangaming.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV/)

Use the coupon code: GMG20-LLASD-D8WBQ

I got my digital CE for $40 this way.

Grimoire
24th May 2013, 17:33
In case you are having any issues with your purchase:

[Digital River Customer Service]

[/url] (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com)[url="mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com"] (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com)CustomerServices@digitalriver.com (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com)

1-800-598-7450

Tsuko85
24th May 2013, 18:13
I'm only getting XIV if both of the Collectors Editions are available through GameStop

Tsuko85
24th May 2013, 18:22
I have a problem with my order, I am only buying Final Fantasy XIV if both of the Collectors Editions are available for preorder at GameStop

member_10270189
24th May 2013, 18:45
K for some reason i got my money back, i will place the order again.

member_10270189
24th May 2013, 19:05
YES!!!!!! I got it this time. ty for the help guys

member_10802272
24th May 2013, 19:28
Oh, thanks! That helps a lot! I just didn't want to mess up my chance to play this game by not registering when I was supposed to, lol.

Now let the waiting begin...

member_10406581
24th May 2013, 23:40
Does anyone know if you can pre-order the CE from any Retail/Game stores in the US or is it only through SE website?

SpaceWolf87
24th May 2013, 23:49
Just a bit confused on how those of us who are preordering for the PS3 are supposed to get early access. If I preorder right now I don't get the disc until the release date, right? Well then how do I access the early access? And to give you a bit of background I haven't played a MMORPG on a cconsole since Final Fantasy 11, and I picked that up at gamestop. No preorder involved. Thank you!

sqex_3579408
25th May 2013, 00:18
I'd really like to know this myself. I want to Pre-Order the stuff and would like to link the Pre-Order stuff to my 1.0 CE Account. I'm assuming we will be able to though because it's an online code.

member_10096154
25th May 2013, 00:19
Just a bit confused on how those of us who are preordering for the PS3 are supposed to get early access. If I preorder right now I don't get the disc until the release date, right? Well then how do I access the early access? And to give you a bit of background I haven't played a MMORPG on a cconsole since Final Fantasy 11, and I picked that up at gamestop. No preorder involved. Thank you!

What if its like the ps2 version when the disc was used only to install the game? Maybe they give you a digital version to install with some type of preorder trial code, and then you would need to use the code provided with the physical copplay inactivate your account. Just an idea.

member_10096154
25th May 2013, 00:20

What if its like the ps2 version when the disc was used only to install the game? Maybe they give you a digital version to install with some type of preorder trial code, and then you would need to use the code provided with the physical copplay inactivate your account. Just an idea.

SpaceWolf87
25th May 2013, 00:28
Yeah it's a bit confusing. Would be nice if they would give us sopme details. I feel like us PS3 users are kinda left in the dark lol

member_10096154
25th May 2013, 00:47
At this point I just want the game to work when I get it, regardless of preorders

Grimoire
25th May 2013, 02:28
This thread belongs in the [Product Discussion (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139339/234355/product_discussion)] forum.

[SQUARE ENIX PRODUCTS Customer Service] [/url][url="http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=490&la=1"]support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=490&la=1)

Davidm
25th May 2013, 11:02
when wil I be able to redeem my Final Fantasy XIV preorder code that I got at the gamestop store?

Hexxist
25th May 2013, 11:32
I ordered this via SE store yesterday, i got a mail but no CD-key in the mail or account, no avalible download button (i have no idea if its supposed to come near release), and my Ordernumber doesen't work at all.

And if i dont have a CD-key i cant sign up for any beta. So, i guess i have to return it if i dont get it soon if that even is possible..

Im kinda worried after reading on the site on some other issues :/

Paladin_Locke
25th May 2013, 12:44
From my understanding, Square-Enix is supposed to e-mail all of the pre-order customers when they're ready to accept the codes. It seems that you'll be able to download the client at that time as well.

Taken from the Gamestop website: "Visit preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com (http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com) and register. You will be notified via email prior to the launch of the game on when you can return and redeem your preorder code to unlock Early Access to the game along with instructions on how to receive your Cait Sith Doll minion and Moogle Cap digital content. "

Kuraikoto
25th May 2013, 13:10
I'll use SE store since it was UPS and not USPS for the quicker options. I'm still not happy about missing out on Amazon's shipping policies though, not to mention the possibility of Digital River botching things up royally again. On the bright side they didn't screw my initial order up after I realized they probably won't let other stores sell PC CE (physical) in NA. They just had the confirmation page skip to SE account page and the emails are slow.

I don't understand why no rep has been able to address this in any forum it has come up in. It is really a simple question. Did you, or did you not, restrict the PC CE physical version to the SE store in NA? O_o

Davidm
25th May 2013, 13:19
Will gamestop take preorders for FANTASY XIV A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition for pc?

Grimoire
25th May 2013, 13:23
[FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=5382&la=1)

[Digital River Customer Service] CustomerServices@digitalriver.com (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com)

1-800-598-7450

Grimoire
25th May 2013, 13:26
[FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Customer Service] [/url]support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=5382&la=1)

[Digital River Customer Service] [url="mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com"]CustomerServices@digitalriver.com (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com)

1-800-598-7450

XXXMode
25th May 2013, 13:33
I ordered this via SE store yesterday, i got a mail but no CD-key in the mail or account, no avalible download button (i have no idea if its supposed to come near release), and my Ordernumber doesen't work at all.

And if i dont have a CD-key i cant sign up for any beta. So, i guess i have to return it if i dont get it soon if that even is possible..

Me too I would like to know if we were suppose to get are cd key. if you ever contact them let me know the answer.

member_10801975
25th May 2013, 14:27
in the email it says to go to the site and register and they will email you when the preorder early access will be available.

mathieudesbiens@gmail.com
25th May 2013, 14:27

i think you get your code in your email addresse a little before release date

venkaramon
25th May 2013, 15:36
I understand the excitement. I read somewhere tho not officially confirmed early access is like 7-8 days prior to launch. But yeah we'll probably get more news the closer the time for launch comes. Though I have to say pre order 3 months earlier is a bit of over kill -.-

venkaramon
25th May 2013, 15:38
Same reason (the 11.25) why I opted for the DD instead but a quick question though they'll ship it by launch right? Aug 27. But since you pre ordered you'll be getting early access so how does that work?

Hexxist
25th May 2013, 15:57
I sent a ticket to to SE and i will wait a few days due they probably have loads of tickets to handle with these issues, i will wait 3-4 days max to see if i get an answer. If i dont ill have to call them somehow.

I may call before that time if im getting to inpatient :P Ill keep posting here anyhow if i know more.

Edit: Oh yeah, it says in the mail that you will get more info near the release. But i saw similar issue with final fantasy VII. My guess was i should have gotten a cd-key anyways but i might be wrong and i hope i am.

SpaceWolf87
25th May 2013, 16:03
Good luck, Hexx. I've dound email is the worst way to get anything done with SE, calling them is the easiest solution. Too bad they don't do anything on weekends.

Hexxist
25th May 2013, 16:07
I remember many years ago they had bad support. I thought they learned lol. Anyways, i guess i will call em instead then, allthough i forsee a long line of waiting :P

Edit: Well maybe live chat support too, ill look into that on tuesday due the fact that they have holiday on the 27th.

member_10802272
25th May 2013, 16:52
I figured we'd get to play it about a week or so earlier. Well, hopefully I will. I don't know how that works if I bought a physical version. Maybe I'll just get it shipper early or something. No real way to know I guess than to just wait... *twiddles thumbs*

housam101
25th May 2013, 16:57
SE will send you code for a digital download later on before the early access starts. I was wondering about the same thing from before. the thing with EB games in Canada is that they dont have the PC Collectors edition for pre order.

Jonathanroo
25th May 2013, 17:32
hey this may be a different question and excuse me for posting my question here its just that i dont know where to post my question on here but i preordered the collectors edition as well i got the receipt as well i bought it off my credit card and i checked my bank account and it had taken the money away but when i checked my bank account this morning it didnt show up in my bank statement anymore and i believe my money was back?? what does this mean :(

Cupofjoe
25th May 2013, 17:47
No, the PC CE is exclusive to Square's online store.

SpaceWolf87
25th May 2013, 18:03
What about for the PS3? Because if I can get the collecters edition from Gamestop I'll just trade in games and get it for free.

Grimoire
25th May 2013, 18:05
Contact [Digital River Customer Service] [/url][url="mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com"] (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com)CustomerServices@digitalriver.com (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com)

1-800-598-7450

SpaceWolf87
25th May 2013, 18:52
Just let me know because there have been several of us a bit confused on how things will work for the PS3.

1. If we pre-order a physical copy how do we get access to early access?

2. If we order from the SE store do we have to pay extra to recieve it on the day of release?

3. And what characters are you going to make?! /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

Kuraikoto
25th May 2013, 19:25
I posted they didn't screw up, I got my e-mail... just late. Thanks for the numbers but I'd rather not call Digital River and ask if they plan on screwing up the CE for another game and my personal problem was solved. I'm just waiting on official word so I can provide a link when other people start asking about this in other forums/stores.

A phone call between me and SE support, if helpful at all which is hit and miss, will not clear up the issue form other people. They'd merely have me saying what SE's employee said was the policy. On the otherhand, if SE or an SE employee made a comment on forums open to the public or posted on their pre-order page "physical copies of the PC CE in NA are exclusively sold in the SE store" the matter would be solved and people wouldn't have a reason to doubt the information.

Soulofjazzman-214255
25th May 2013, 19:55
Preordered the PC and PS3 versions.. collecters Edition. The cat chick is what I'm making. :)

tbone452123
25th May 2013, 20:48
Ive got mine and cant wait to get my hands on it, I have no idea what character im going to make, dont know what there is to choose from. but feel free to and me on PSN: Tbone452123.

Hestisdabest
25th May 2013, 22:51
If I pre order the ps3 CE will they charge me right away or when it ships?

SpaceWolf87
25th May 2013, 22:57
Will add ya Jonathan! But how are we gonna get early access guys? Do you get a code to add to SE and then they let you download early or something?

SithHappens
25th May 2013, 23:21
I just put in my preorder today with Gamestop and got the early access code. You have to sign up and then they email you a link to a page where you input your access code, so i guess it's a waiting game after that. And yeah, i'm curious about the early access. I have a feeling it might be a digital download from the PSN, but who knows :)

Also, add me too! Ghalebi / Ghalebi1 (I have two accounts)

tbone452123
25th May 2013, 23:34
i preordered from square enix day 1 cuz ebgames.ca wasnt showing the CE so i went to the source for the game, and they havent sent me any codes.

tbone452123
25th May 2013, 23:48
pulled this off the offical site

so does squareenix.com count as participating retailer?

Early Access to FFXIV: A Realm Reborn
If you pre-order FFXIV: A Realm Reborn from a participating retailer and register the pre-order code within the specificied time period, you will be granted access to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn prior to the official launch!

* Details will be announced at a later date with early access commencing prior to launch.
* An internet connection is required for early access.

SithHappens
25th May 2013, 23:48
i bought mine from square enix, they havent sentmeanything.

Did you get any kind of code with your order? In the receipt, maybe?

tbone452123
25th May 2013, 23:51
Did you get any kind of code with your order? In the receipt, maybe?

i did get a code but it says FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package which is the early access code thanks dude!!

EDIT:

i just put in my email and got this

Thanks for pre-ordering FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Real Reborn!

We will send you an email before the Early Access period starts with all the required steps to download the game and set everything up in time.
Please keep your pre-order code safe until further instructions are provided via email on how to redeem it.
Don&rsquo;t forget you can still sign up to participate in the Beta test clicking on the button below.

hopefully its not a pc download cuz all i have is a laptop, and my 10 year old desktop. neither could run it.

Deathcharge
25th May 2013, 23:54
Well for the Ps3 they might just send us the game ahead of time thru the mail so we can install it before they activate it. I rdered mine thru the Square enix store also.

Flyindoor
26th May 2013, 00:45
I'm pretty sure it's the same as the computer version which does get charged right away since I just preorder mine yesterday.

Flyindoor
26th May 2013, 00:48
Ya, the only reason why I ordered mine from SE since I've had such bad experience with EB games.....

member_10655875
26th May 2013, 09:04
Hello ,

Not sure where i post this at but I pre order the final fantasy relam reborn CE yesreday morning I haven't got my unlock codes yet for early release only thing i got was the order recipt in my email and a serial number that don't work to register the game it to long.my friends got thier codes and register the game .please help me or tell me what i missing thanks .

Grimoire
26th May 2013, 09:35
This thread belongs in the [Product Discussion (/go/forum/view/139339/234355/product_discussion)] forum, the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)], or in the [Customer Service Support Issues (/go/forum/view/139345/234363/customer_service_support_issues)] forum.

[FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Customer Service] [/url]support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=5382&la=1)

[Digital River Customer Service] CustomerServices@digitalriver.com (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com)

1-800-598-7450

[url="http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29943177/PS3_USERS!_Who_here_has_already_pre-ordered_your_copy_of_FF:_A_Realm_Reborn"]na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29943177/PS3_USERS!_Who_here_has_already_pre-ordered_your_copy_of_FF:_A_Realm_Reborn)

pulled this off the offical site

Early Access to FFXIV: A Realm Reborn
If you pre-order FFXIV: A Realm Reborn from a participating retailer and register the pre-order code within the specificied time period, you will be granted access to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn prior to the official launch!

* Details will be announced at a later date with early access commencing prior to launch.
* An internet connection is required for early access.

Kuraikoto
26th May 2013, 14:35
The pre-order code will be separate and you can apply them to old accounts. You may find a post on this in lodestone if you go look there... I have a source which confirmed "when registering the pre-order bonus code you will be able to select which FFXIV service account the bonus is applied to"after being asked if the pre-order items and early access could be applied to 1.0 CE accounts.

I can't link that page but I'm pretty sure it was on the FFXIV forums and/or lodestone.

Cupofjoe
26th May 2013, 17:47
It should be, as far as I am aware only the PC CE is exclusive to the online store.

SpaceWolf87
26th May 2013, 18:59
Thats what I'm wondering, if they'll email us a code to get a partial digital copy on the PSN or what? Because I'm ordering mine from Gamestop. I've got $100 in store credit, I'd be a fool not to use it there. Fixing to add you guys by the way, my PSN is CplSecrest

Mischiefmaker
26th May 2013, 19:47
I'm curious if it'll have an effect on the Phase 3 Beta data, since it's suppose to carryover onto release.

Dyno69
26th May 2013, 21:11
SE will send you code for a digital download later on before the early access starts. I was wondering about the same thing from before. the thing with EB games in Canada is that they dont have the PC Collectors edition for pre order.

I already have 1.0 CE which is why i opted for the PS3 CE this time, that way i have both CE's but im curious about the PS3 early acess and how thats going to work.

Ive had bad time with EBgames too but im hoping since i pre ordered so early itll work out. i may pre order the PC CE from square enix too so much FF

Dyno69
26th May 2013, 22:14
I got mine preordered Dyno69 psn id

member_10289789
27th May 2013, 02:01
I'm wondering the same thing as to how we are going to get early access to the game. I just pre-ordered today

Mushroomstump285
27th May 2013, 09:06
I work at GameStop and they haven't gotten the CE on their list of preorders. I hope we can preorder it but the CE might just be a website exclusive

Mushroomstump285
27th May 2013, 09:09
I work at GameStop and they don't have the CE on the preorder list. I hopit well be able to preorder the PS3 CE in store but it might be exclusive the the website.

FugitiveGunslinger
27th May 2013, 19:32
Just let me know because there have been several of us a bit confused on how things will work for the PS3.

1. If we pre-order a physical copy how do we get access to early access?

2. If we order from the SE store do we have to pay extra to recieve it on the day of release?

3. And what characters are you going to make?!

I preordered my Collector's Edition PS3 copy the day after the announcement and super stoked for the upcoming Beta Phase 3! To answer some of your questions:

1. Some of my friends who have played 1.0 said that Early Access is basically going to be Beta Phase 4 and characters created during that phase will be saved for the official launch. This has also been specified in the Beta Test Roadmap. I speculate that Early Access will be granted by the Product Code given with the FFXIV: ARR Pre-Order Bonus Package and that the game will be downloadable through the PSN. Be sure to register your email in the preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/us (http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/us) site for them to notify you when it is time to redeem your code.

2. I don't know whether we will get the game on launch day since they are being mailed/shipped. I paid an extra $10 for UPS Ground service but I also saw 2 Day Air and 1 Day Air services for extra charge. This leads me to believe that perhaps we will have to wait for the game to be delivered through the mail/UPS--but I sure hope not!

3. Lastly, I cannot decide whether I want to create an Elezen or Miqo'te--but I am definitely sure that I want to start out as an Arcanist (SMN) class if it is available at launch. I also want to level up BLM and WHM, eventually.

My PSN is CzarOpusIII, add me! Let me know if you do.

See you guys in Eorzea soon.

SpaceWolf87
27th May 2013, 22:00
Appreciate it Cesar, and I'll add ya when I get home. My PSn is CplSecrest. I went ahead and got mine at GameStop today and went to the site and entered my email for early notification like it asked. That wwas 7 hours ago, and I haven't had an email confirmation like it asked. That has me a bit worried.

Daekael
27th May 2013, 22:27
I did the same thing the very first day and no email but I did sign up for the newsletter at that time and I did get the news so I'm guessing they have our emails hopefully. I'm hoping gamestop will be taking pre orders for the CE soon if not then no CE for me then cause I don't trust games coming in the mail. =/

OneDrunkRonin
27th May 2013, 23:23
Preordered through Amazon, pretty sure the codes will be sent out a day or so before early access starts. Dropped the extra money for CE too because it's so with it! I can't wait.

SpaceWolf87
28th May 2013, 13:12
lol I think we can all agree we can't wait! I just hope the graphics look as good as what was shown for the PS3!

Hexxist
28th May 2013, 13:20
I think you get your code in your email addresse a little before release date

I pretty much think this.

Anyways, i tried calling and the number didnt exist, its probably something with my phone company since i live in Europe. And i need to pay like 40$ to call with skype and im not even certain it would work so thats not happening. But the Live Chat option was not anywhere to be seen on support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?logout=1&id=5382&la=1) (your supposed to click next and fill in the fields and then ive read you should have 2 options Email support then ive read that there should be a Live Chat option. That was not anywhere to be seen.

So Square Enix! Please make it easier to get access to Live Chat. Im just trying to find answer to this cause im worried. The phone call thing was kinda embarrassing but im not paying 40$ to call.

AngelPhoenix77
28th May 2013, 15:10
No, the PC CE is exclusive to Square's online store.

i dont think that is right, becuase i got mine from amazon.com.

SpaceWolf87
28th May 2013, 15:18
Christopher is right, the have CE for Ps3 on Amazon.

www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Collect... (http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Collectors-Playstation-3/dp/B00CYNTLDS/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1369772266&sr=1-1&keywords=a+realm+reborn+collector%27s+edition)

So i guess GameStop just isn't getting it. Too late anyways, I already pre-ordered there.

member_10655875
28th May 2013, 16:28
Hello,

I pre order the final fanstay xiv relam reborn from the online store square enix i got my serial number/puduct code that is the unlock code .Is everyone 18 digial long for unlock code bc some ppl say it should be 20 digtal long which one is it ? Thanks

Dyno69
28th May 2013, 17:58
im looking at some of the cool bonus's from the new CE that im ordering i opened up my 1.0 ce and all we got was a book and a security token in the box lol

member_10647105
28th May 2013, 19:58
I agree but doesn't all of the new collectors items transfer over if you already purchased the 1.0 ce? Granted, having the physical items is cool and all but at least we get the in game items from what I have read.

Mayvin
29th May 2013, 00:31
Hello mate! I tend to just keep reading the most recent post and nothing more, but this one i must answer. Nothing negative mate and you might even thank me.

Let me take you back to ''Letter from the producer's LIVE VI'' At 0:51:02 of the video, a question is asked about the collector's edition to which he presents to the camera. Here's where you're interested.

If i may quote; ''Speaking of the Collector's Edition, I haven't forgotten about the players who purchased the Collector's Edition for 1.0. I'm sure some of you are wondering if you have to re-purchase the Collector's Edition. Don't worry, we'll be sure to have something prepared for those who already purchased it. Players are bound to request something even if it's just an in-game item, but we're taking everything into consideration.''

Now see? You may think you have been ripped and have every right to feel that way but keep in mind that the whole team changed by then. Yoshi-P promised you something, i have faith that you'll get it.

Stay tuned!

PS: You can verify this info yourself at: forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/6165... (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/61657)

venkaramon
29th May 2013, 01:01
Understandable worries. After all all we want is for everything to be ready and hassle free when the time comes. Did you get an order confirmation email? There should be a link there to track your order on digital river if thats not working then you better contact digital river / SE about that. Check also if you've already been charged. Regarding the download button and what not I believe although not officially confirmed that it will be available in time.

I didn't get any key either except for the code I used to register my pre order bonus which they then told me to wait for further instructions. All I got was 1 email from them (Order confirmation) which is just a proof of purchase. I got the DD version though. I'll quote the end part of my email.

Additional Product Information:
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package - Instructions to sign up for early access to the game:

Visit preorder.na. (http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/)<wbr>finalfantasyxiv.com</wbr> and register. You will be notified via email prior to the launch of the game on when you can return and redeem your preorder code to unlock Early Access to the game along with instructions on how to receive your Cait Sith Doll minion and Moogle Cap digital content.

You will need an active Square Enix account to complete this process so, if you want to set one up in advance, please go here: na.square-enix.com/ (/members)<wbr>members</wbr>.

venkaramon
29th May 2013, 01:07
I think the physical items will be shipped on launch itself if not you'll receive it on launch itself but as for early access they might go for a download for ALL I mean its the only feasible way to grant everyone who should get early access, early access since the DD or physical copies will only be available at launch

AaronKinmen
29th May 2013, 06:26
I think the preorder DD link still not release before 8/27 , because i have do everything the confirmation email write.

member_10655875
29th May 2013, 08:48
Can someone respond to my thread above to my question .Thanks.

macocane55
29th May 2013, 12:00
I think the preorder DD link still not release before 8/27 , because i have do everything the confirmation email write.

Does anyone have square-enix number? Because I just pre-ordered the game just now and I only got an ordernumber and a serial number. But I got no preorder code. I registered on the link it gave me with my email but does anyone have a clue when they give you the pre-order code? Or do we have to wait till 8/27 to get everything? This isnt making much sense

macocane55
29th May 2013, 12:08
Well I just pre-ordered the ps3 version collectiors edition through SE store. I got no pre-order code or anything just a confirmation e-mail. I went on the code redemtion website and put in my email but I got no email. Does anyone have the number for SE I want to call and make sure because some people on here said they got their pre-order code but Ive got nothing.

venkaramon
29th May 2013, 12:37
Check my previous post :> Last one on page 1 I copied that from my order confirmation. But to summarize it all we'll get is an order # which we can use to track our order down and a serial number near the pre order bonus area which we'll use to register our email so they can tell us WHAT to do next and WHEN :) hope this helps

tbone452123
29th May 2013, 14:17
Well I just pre-ordered the ps3 version collectiors edition through SE store. I got no pre-order code or anything just a confirmation e-mail. I went on the code redemtion website and put in my email but I got no email. Does anyone have the number for SE I want to call and make sure because some people on here said they got their pre-order code but Ive got nothing.

they havent sent out the emails yet, so no need to worry yet. the code should be in you confirmation email.

Should look like this in your email:

Product SKU: XXXXX
Product Name: FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn&trade; Collectors Edition [PS3] (Pre-Ordered)
Anticipated Released Date: August 27, 2013
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $79.99
Shipment Tracking Numbers:

Product SKU: PC Download
Product Name: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package
Amount: $0.00
Serial Number/Product Code: XXXXXX-XXX-XXXXXX-XXX

filenotfoundx404
29th May 2013, 15:47
I just had the misfortune of purchasing the FFXIV:ARR from the squareenix website, and i wish i hadnt....

after my purchase i received NO EMAIL CONFIRMATION for the purchase or an invoice or anything....
what happens if i lose my code? say my hdd dies instantly right now. wtf do i have to do? buy it again? really?

i literally received NO information at all. The only thing i did was enter my email at preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com (http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com) to get an email containing pre-order items and early access... well guess what, there was NO EMAIL CONFIRMATION on that either!!
really?

And apparently i have 30 days to get my digital download? lul what?
so i have to download the game before its released or i have to buy it again? And if its 30days from the release, what happens if something comes up and i am unable to download it? i have to purchase it again? lol what?
i guess you get to scam people out of more money that way, but i mean really? those kinds of business ethics? really?

What happens if my hdd dies after i download it? what happens if my backup hdd fails that contains the game on it? i have to buy it again? lol what?
If this is the case, i would like to request a refund for my pre-order, so i can go purchase through amazon in which i can redownload as many times as i want -_-
Or maybe ill just go seed a torrent of it after i make get it...

member_10518718
29th May 2013, 16:17
I just purchases from na.square-enix.com and I received an email confirmation. Maybe you should consider contacting support?

filenotfoundx404
29th May 2013, 16:26
I just purchases from na.square-enix.com and I received an email confirmation. Maybe you should consider contacting support?

ya i did.... i did chat support and they just said "i cant help you" and just disconnected....

i did email support, but who knows how long that will take, and guess what, doign email support also has NO email confirmation...

member_10518718
29th May 2013, 16:32
You can try looking up your order here, www.findmyorder.com

My order shows up with all the details... http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

filenotfoundx404
29th May 2013, 17:47
You can try looking up your order here, www.findmyorder.com

My order shows up with all the details...

thanks for the link, that actually helped. I was able to view my invoice, and even cancel my order from there so i can purchase from amazon, since they dont pull all this kind of bull****...

But just when i thought i was going to have a slight bit of relief....

after canceling it says it was successful and says

"No Refund Required. You have requested this order be cancelled. Because you have not yet submitted payment for this order, a refund is not needed. When the remaining items in your order are fulfilled, you will be billed for those items."

But my bank account shows the payment WAS taken out...

so great, not my game is canceled but they keep my money, man square-enix.... im now debating on whether or not i should ever buy anything from you again.... this is outright ridicilous...

member_10067392
29th May 2013, 18:03
Yea, I have the same problem too. I was hoping they would have charged my account when the game ships, not now. Canceled and the money STILL went through. I'm going to give them a call and if they can't help then I will call my bank and see if they can retract the deduction.

member_10655875
29th May 2013, 18:27
HEY Guys they take it for a temporary hold from bank acct then it will fall off in a few days like mine did. they will charge it right before it ships out on aug 27 .

filenotfoundx404
29th May 2013, 18:37
HEY Guys they take it for a temporary hold from bank acct then it will fall off in a few days like mine did. they will charge it right before it ships out on aug 27 .

Well, i guess ill see in a few days, if not, ill go just dispute the charge at my bank...

I preordered from amazon like an hour, they dont even put a hold on the money. they charge you when the game is released (like it should be).

also amazon offers UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD FOREVER on the game, not jsut well you have 30 days to download it, then you need to purchase it again bs that SE is trying to pull...

I think this has taught me a lesson to ONLY buy games via steam or amazon... (just though SE being the big sucessful company they were wouldnt pull all this bull****)

Grimoire
29th May 2013, 18:40
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)]. You are more likely to receive help there than here.

member_10655875
29th May 2013, 18:45
I would pre order from amazon but i want the CE box with all the stuff like the key auth code thing ect. .This is my first time order from SE but i check my acct this morning and the money was back .

member_10518718
29th May 2013, 18:46
Well again I didn't have any problems... but good luck on amazon :)

member_10655875
29th May 2013, 18:58

hey HINOTHANKSBYE was your pre order code 18 digtals long .I keep hearing it should be 20 .

filenotfoundx404
29th May 2013, 18:59

even if the order went smooth, buying from SE, you can only download it for 30days, and then you need to buy it again.... that alone is insane... (which that actually qualifies for the definition of a "bait and switch"... as there was NO MENTION AT ALL about this prior to ordering...)

i guess if you have a home media server running with a raid1 backup, maybe this is fine, but i only have a single external hdd backup. and if that fails, id have to buy the game again... nty...

and since the game is large, the only way to put it online is to pay for a file sharing site, or make a torrent of it...

Ill still make a backup on an external hdd, but knowing i have a backup that is on the amazon servers which have redicilous amounts of redundancy mirroring, i can rest easy that no matter what happens i will be able to redownload and reinstall the game when needed...

i would have just gotten a disc, but with a disc you have to wait for it to be shipped....

And @sweet

mine was 18 long in xxxxxx-xxx-xxxxxx-xxx format

member_10655875
29th May 2013, 18:59

Well, i guess ill see in a few days, if not, ill go just dispute the charge at my bank...

I preordered from amazon like an hour, they dont even put a hold on the money. they charge you when the game is released (like it should be).

also amazon offers UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD FOREVER on the game, not jsut well you have 30 days to download it, then you need to purchase it again bs that SE is trying to pull...

I think this has taught me a lesson to ONLY buy games via steam or amazon... (just though SE being the big sucessful company they were wouldnt pull all this bull****)

I would pre order from amazon but i want the CE box with all the stuff like the key auth code thing ect. .This is my first time order from SE but i check my acct this morning and the money was back

member_10655875
29th May 2013, 19:06

even if the order went smooth, buying from SE, you can only download it for 30days, and then you need to buy it again.... that alone is insane... (which that actually qualifies for the definition of a "bait and switch"... as there was NO MENTION AT ALL about this prior to ordering...)

i guess if you have a home media server running with a raid1 backup, maybe this is fine, but i only have a single external hdd backup. and if that fails, id have to buy the game again... nty...

and since the game is large, the only way to put it online is to pay for a file sharing site, or make a torrent of it...

Ill still make a backup on an external hdd, but knowing i have a backup that is on the amazon servers which have redicilous amounts of redundancy mirroring, i can rest easy that no matter what happens i will be able to redownload and reinstall the game when needed...

i would have just gotten a disc, but with a disc you have to wait for it to be shipped....

And @sweet

mine was 18 long in xxxxxx-xxx-xxxxxx-xxx format

Ok thanks glad it same as mine 18 Jeff

Fubar4585
29th May 2013, 19:20
Well I went to gamestop and pre-oredered there. I still get an early access code and all that jazz. Just curious if anyone knows how that will work. I got it for the PS3.

html_removed
html_removed

Fubar4585
29th May 2013, 19:34
So I just pre ordered FFXIV at my local gamestop. I have an early access code but I'm really confused how that will work on the ps3.

Do I get my copy early?

Will they just give me a client to download?

What about open beta?

VEry confused but hopeful that new information will hit soon.

html_removed
html_removed

macocane55
29th May 2013, 19:44

they havent sent out the emails yet, so no need to worry yet. the code should be in you confirmation email.

Should look like this in your email:

Product SKU: XXXXX
Product Name: FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn&trade; Collectors Edition [PS3] (Pre-Ordered)
Anticipated Released Date: August 27, 2013
Amount: $79.99
Shipment Tracking Numbers:

Which one of those numbers is the pre-order code?

member_10287608
29th May 2013, 19:49
I preordered FFXIV 1.0 Collector's Edition, but I'm a sucker for the new bonuses for the FFXIV:ARR Collector's Edition so I preordered that yesterday too xD So my question is, will I be able to link both together so my character from FFXIV 1.0 can enjoy the ARR pre-order bonuses i.e. early access, Cait Sith minion, and the Mog Cap?

I know us 1.0ers will be able to enjoy the new CE in game items but I want to know what's the word on the new pre-order bonuses

You cannot register the (PC) FFXIV:ARR CE on an account with the FFXIV 1.0 CE already registered.

That being said, there is no reason for you to do any such thing. AFAIK, from reading all of the official announcements, the (digital) CE items from ARR are automatically given to those who bought the 1.0 CE, and the preorder bonuses are a separate registration code in the ARR box. So when you get your copy of ARR CE, you will have a preorder code that you will enter into your existing account for the preorder bonuses and the (digital) CE bonuses will be sent via Mog Mail in game, leaving you with an unused ARR game code.

member_10089778
29th May 2013, 19:50
i am also confused on this point.

after reading thru a few things, including the beta 2.0 roadmap, this is my theory:

The early access people get for pre-ordering will coincide with the beginning of phase 4 of the Beta test.

Reasons for this include the statement that characters will not be wiped after phase 4, and the fact that phase 4 is listed as a public beta.

I suspect that we will download a digital client, the same way folks involved in phase 4 Beta testing would.

This is what I suspect will happen, but things are fairly nebulous at the moment.

bioshade2
29th May 2013, 19:51
just pre-ordered the ps3 version and going to make a lancer miqo'te and i just entered my email and it said they would let me know about the early access

bioshade2
29th May 2013, 19:55
psn id shadowtiger434, see you in eorzea http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif

tbone452123
29th May 2013, 20:26

i have put it in bold and underlined it. you wont be able to redeem the code untill they send out the emails telling us the link to redeem it at.

Tachimeh
29th May 2013, 20:53
I have a quick question, do we get the first month free with the purchase of the game or do we have to pay the subscription in the first month?

vegasaurus_rex
29th May 2013, 21:01
We get the first month free with purchase, as long as you're not a legacy member (version 1.0).

Also more info here
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/6199... (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/61990-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-Purchase-Questions?p=997571#post997571)

member_10089778
29th May 2013, 21:05

i have put it in bold and underlined it. you wont be able to redeem the code untill they send out the emails telling us the link to redeem it at.

Something about this-- the code that you specify is for the pre order Bonus items, NOT for the early Server access. I think the big question, is where/how do we get the early access code.

AngelPhoenix77
29th May 2013, 21:06

You cannot register the (PC) FFXIV:ARR CE on an account with the FFXIV 1.0 CE already registered.

That being said, there is no reason for you to do any such thing. AFAIK, from reading all of the official announcements, the (digital) CE items from ARR are automatically given to those who bought the 1.0 CE, and the preorder bonuses are a separate registration code in the ARR box. So when you get your copy of ARR CE, you will have a preorder code that you will enter into your existing account for the preorder bonuses and the (digital) CE bonuses will be sent via Mog Mail in game, leaving you with an unused ARR game code.

this sounds like what they have for star wars tor.

tbone452123
29th May 2013, 21:08
Something about this-- the code that you specify is for the pre order Bonus items, NOT for the early Server access. I think the big question, is where/how do we get the early access code.

pretty sure its includes the early access

member_10177565
29th May 2013, 21:10

Lol that's all well and good, but we're not talking about the Collector's bonuses, but the pre-order bonuses specifically. But as someone else has pointed out above it looks like the pre-order status will be a separate code.

SpaceWolf87
29th May 2013, 21:11
Did anyone else pre-order your copy from GameStop? I did (and payed the whole thing off to boot) and all I got was a reciept with the early access code. It then says to visit the site to redeem, but once you arrive at the SE site it just asks for your email....and that's it. No confirmation email was sent to me I even registered.

SQUARE ENIX Y U TROLL ME?!

member_10287608
29th May 2013, 21:23
Lol that's all well and good, but we're not talking about the Collector's bonuses, but the pre-order bonuses specifically. But as someone else has pointed out above it looks like the pre-order status will be a separate code.

My post also mentions pre-order bonuses (as well as the fact that they are separate). I noticed the post above mine says this as well, but I was attempting to be more clear with official details about the entire purchase, pre-order included. I did misspeak slightly in that the preorder code is not in the box, it is either on your receipt, or emailed to you, depending on your method of purchase.

darkwein
29th May 2013, 21:27
i got it preorder with amazon for the ps3, got the preorder promotional code in a email today.

member_10089778
29th May 2013, 21:37
Did anyone else pre-order your copy from GameStop? I did (and payed the whole thing off to boot) and all I got was a reciept with the early access code. It then says to visit the site to redeem, but once you arrive at the SE site it just asks for your email....and that's it. No confirmation email was sent to me I even registered.

SQUARE ENIX Y U TROLL ME?!

Question- the code that you got from Gamestop- was it the same format/length as the code mentioned above, ie

Fubar4585
29th May 2013, 21:38
Ok...so after looking here... gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FF... (http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_BETA_Roadmap_EN.pdf)

Beta for ps3 will be invite until phase 4 in which your early access code lets you in. So you were pretty much right bud. ^

I feel better now. lol. : )

html_removed
html_removed

member_10089778
29th May 2013, 21:40

pretty sure its includes the early access

my confusion comes from the fact that the description of the code is for the pre-order bonus items, which cannot be claimed until the commecrial release.

Its certainly possible that the code gets the pre-order bonus items AND early access, but that is far from clear.

Fubar4585
29th May 2013, 21:55
Ok. If you look at this link in phase 4 gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FF... (http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_BETA_Roadmap_EN.pdf)

It says you have to buy a copy for the ps3 to take part in open beta.

That said, we will probably need our codes at that point and (IMO) early access starts directly after open beta phase 4 is over. Then on launch day

you get your box and enter the serial code to continue playing.

Again just a strong theory meant strictly for ps3 users.

Might be similar to PC users as well.

Just what I think.

By the way...add me Fubar4585 on PSN.

The first REAL MMO for the console. Gotta get some people together. LOL.

See you there!

html_removed html_removed

member_10089778
29th May 2013, 22:32
Ok. If you look at this link in phase 4 gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FF... (http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_BETA_Roadmap_EN.pdf)

It says you have to buy a copy for the ps3 to take part in open beta....

I dont see the part mentioning you have to buy the PS3 version to be in the open BETA.

I saw this phrase

The PlayStation®3 version will be available

which i understood to mean the PS3 client will be available for testing, probably via Download.

and this phrase

Those wishing to play on PlayStation®3 must purchase a copy of the game for that system

which i understood mean, in order to play(not test) final fantasy xiv on the PS3 you will need to buy a copy for the PS3.

Fubar4585
29th May 2013, 22:58
IEMEGARO,

Point taken. Just would seem random to note something so obvious in the middle of a whole strip about beta information.

You could be right. I'm more inclined to believe it's in reference to the beta and not just general knowledge they decided to throw in.If it is...I'd be

quite surprised. LoL. I wouldn't put it past them. We will know soon enough I suppose.

UPDATE: The note about buying the PS3 version is in reference to the legacy players. They have access to PC but if they want to play the beta on PS3 they have to buy it.

Codeh002
29th May 2013, 23:31
I preordered FF14 yesterday off the EB games website, I have recieved an invoice number but I have not recieved a code, my question is; has anybody gotten this code yet or do they email it at a later time. Based on some forum posts I have seen, other people were given a code when they pre-ordered it.

Fubar4585
29th May 2013, 23:35
Did you order it online or in the store?

html_removed
html_removed

Codeh002
29th May 2013, 23:35
online, i went to the store but mine had heard nothing about this pre-order and could not do it at the store, hence the online order.

Fubar4585
29th May 2013, 23:43
hmmm. Not too familiar with EB games. When I went to gamestop and got my ps3 order, they didn't know it was up for pre order either. I still got my code on my receipt though. I'd check for a support number to call to make sure your order went through and/or get your code.

html_removed
html_removed

Codeh002
29th May 2013, 23:44
okay thank you for the information!

Mischiefmaker
30th May 2013, 00:11
Arent EB Games and GameStop the same company? I would assume if one gives it out then the other one should too.

Fubar4585
30th May 2013, 01:07
I wasn't 100% sure myself about them being the same company. Also why I suggested he call support. I know anytime I have an issue at my gamestop, they waste no time in helping me.

I've even witnessed an employee yelling at someone about giving them bad early access codes when GW2 was about to release. lol

It was very entertaining, considering.

venkaramon
30th May 2013, 02:52
I'm not sure from EB games but I ordered from SE store and all I got was an order confirmation email and if by code I think people are talking about the serial key provided for the early access / pre order bonus which you will use together with your email to register at the preorder site and then they shall inform you in the future of what to do next

AngelPhoenix77
30th May 2013, 09:48
if eb is like amazon, i would wait a day to get your code. i preordered mine from amazon on tuesday and got my code last night.

member_10721934
30th May 2013, 13:20
Ok, has anyone else preordered Realm Reborn? I ordered the collectors edition, and got to the completed section after putting in my infomation. I never recieved a confirmation email saying I bought it. I haven't even had money taken out of account which I am sure that will happen when they actually send the game out. The last thing is, is when I log back in for preorder, I still have the game in my shopping account, after I know I had completed it. Has this happened to anyone else, and can someone please verify that I have no doubt, preordered the game? Thank you.
I am not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I have contacted customer service, and still have yet to get a response, and just want to make sure I will be able to get the collecter editions if something did go wrong with the preorder.

AngelPhoenix77
30th May 2013, 13:42
Ok, has anyone else preordered Realm Reborn? I ordered the collectors edition, and got to the completed section after putting in my infomation. I never recieved a confirmation email saying I bought it. I haven't even had money taken out of account which I am sure that will happen when they actually send the game out. The last thing is, is when I log back in for preorder, I still have the game in my shopping account, after I know I had completed it. Has this happened to anyone else, and can someone please verify that I have no doubt, preordered the game? Thank you.
I am not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I have contacted customer service, and still have yet to get a response, and just want to make sure I will be able to get the collecter editions if something did go wrong with the preorder.

where did you preorder from?

member_10721934
30th May 2013, 13:44
I ordered from Square Enix themselves from the FF14 site.

AngelPhoenix77
30th May 2013, 13:56
it might take a hour to a day to post to your account, same with the confermation email. if you dont get the email i would recomend email squaresoft cc.

member_10721934
30th May 2013, 14:11
Ok thank you. I beleive I did order it early morning yesterday, So perhaps just like what you said, hasn't posted yet.

member_10721934
30th May 2013, 14:35
Yes, I figured it out, I did mess up while ordering, I did not click the last submit, to finalize my order. Thank you for the help.

AngelPhoenix77
30th May 2013, 14:51
yw :)

venkaramon
30th May 2013, 17:28
I recently purchased or at least I believe I purchased FF14: ARR CE Digital Download version. I got the order confirmation with my order number via email. Also a pre order code which I used to register at the site given. I could also use my order number to go to digital river to track my order but when I went to check on my visa statement I can't find the DRI*Square Enix.com that was supposed to be there. Is this order confirmation (it's the only one I got so far) mean that I have indeed purchased the copy?

I'm not 100% sure if I have been charged already or they will charge me when they send the game out since I bought a lot of things that day with my card and was unsure of my exact balance but I am sure I had more than enough funds.

So to summarize, does the order confirmation email and the fact that I can track my order through the digital river site mean I have already indeed purchased the game? The only thing bugging me is I cant find it in my statement but I do believe I have been charged already or is there some sorting out that needs to be done?

Help is greatly appreciated thanks.

Dyno69
30th May 2013, 17:43
i got my pre order code today and ordedred on release day

ZodiarkE
30th May 2013, 18:04
Truthfully I am new at this entire thing, I wouldn't even know at all otherwise I would help you considering I do not play most games on the computer, but I can however tell you that I too also preordered 14 as well in the CE version of the PS3, but I wouldn't even know where to put the tracking number for the package, unless its from one of the other places like UPSP?

venkaramon
30th May 2013, 18:07
Have you already been charged for it? I believe I have but I cant find the exact name on my statement of account. As to your question you should've received an order confirmation email and a link there is provided where you will enter your order # and your SE password.

Here is the link if you purchased from the SE website

www.findmyorder.com (http://www.findmyorder.com/)

member_10000400
30th May 2013, 18:46
It showed up on my statement. Sometimes it takes a day or two before a transaction will show up.

venkaramon
30th May 2013, 18:52
*facepalms* now I don't know what to do XD i bought it on the announce date which I believe was may 24 / 25? I can track my order and what not but it didn't reflect on my visa / credit card statement. I dont want to go order another one just in case then end up having two copies :< I did send an email to Digital rivers but I doubt they'll be of any help from what I have heard their CS isn't really good. Same with SE from what I have seen so far.

Did you buy yours from the SE store?

member_10000400
30th May 2013, 19:20
Ya, I bought from the SE store. My statement technically still says "pending", but it's there. I've already entered my preorder code and that went through so I have to assume everything is kosher.

Mayvin
30th May 2013, 19:21
I myself did not pre-order using the site but i use my credit card to buy stuff from internet all the time. From this experience, i can tell you that it sometimes take some days for it to show on your credit card statement. My bank calls it an ''Authorised but not billed transaction'' meaning if you received the e-mail confirmation, it has been an authorised transaction but it hasn't been billed to your credit card yet. Give it some time, it'll appear soon.

On the other hand, if you bought a Digital download version, don't expect to receive the box, a digital download version implies just what it means, you download the game from the site after having paid for it, but you won't get the box. The collector's Edition goodies will still be available when you play it but don't expect to receive the game by the mail.

Mayvin
30th May 2013, 19:24
Just for the record guys, EBGames and Gamestop ARE the same company, EBGames happens to be the name of their canadian branch.

venkaramon
30th May 2013, 19:32
did you enter the code on the preorder.na. (http://preorder.na.)<wbr>finalfantasyxiv.com</wbr> (http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/)? Because from what I know and do correct me if I'm wrong the pre order site doesn't accept code redemtion yet all it says is they'll notify by email when you can enter the code

and to Mayvin, well I expected as much it being a digital download but I just confirmed after much painstaking remembering those few days of whirlwind transactions that I have indeed been charged for it but it itself hasn't reflected on my account but the money has indeed been credited / taken out. It has been well over 4-5 days and other transactions after have already been reflected.

So being able to view the invoice and order summary and being charged for it (although it hasn't been actually named / reflected) means I still have to wait for it? Nothing else to do I guess, I have contacted both SE support and DRI support hopefully they can confirm whether or not the game has indeed been purchased or not. I just want it confirmed so I can wait patiently for it. I wouldn't want ordering again and ending up with 2 digital copies for one I don't know anyone to give the 2nd copy to XD

Deathsector
30th May 2013, 19:41
Ok i pre-order the FFXIV game and got the early access code my problem is that i didn't get any information as to where do we put the code into.

Do you put the code into the game registration onto our profile.

Or is there another method of putting the early access code onto so we can have that early access?

ZodiarkE
30th May 2013, 20:04
Whao one at a time -^_^- Minecame with the code but it does not need that website, i have not checked at all as to why because well, haven't had the chance,

venkaramon
30th May 2013, 20:12
Oh alright :) same as mine then. Just hope this gets sorted out just need a confirmation from somewhere that the game has indeed been purchased or not.

ngelsa
30th May 2013, 20:22
At the bottom of your confirmation email should be a note saying that you need to register your email address at the given website to gain early access information when it becomes available.

Deathsector
30th May 2013, 20:24
I didn't got a confirmation email i order this game from Ebgames and got the code printed.

Also what site do we need to register our email to for this?

ngelsa
30th May 2013, 20:29
I was going to purchase it at EB Games too, but at last I decided to order it with SE since I am getting the digital version.

Here is a copy of the note that appears at the bottom of my confirmation email:

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package
Instructions to sign up for early access to the game: Visit preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com (http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com) and register.
You will be notified via email prior to the launch of the game on when you can return and redeem your preorder code to unlock Early Access to the game
along with instructions on how to receive your Cait Sith Doll minion and Moogle Cap digital content.
You will need an active Square Enix account to complete this process so, if you want to set one up in advance,
please go here: na.square-enix.com/members (/members).</pre>

Deathsector
30th May 2013, 20:34
I was going to purchase it at EB Games too, but at last I decided to order it with SE since I am getting the digital version.

Here is a copy of the note that appears at the bottom of my confirmation email:

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package
Instructions to sign up for early access to the game: Visit preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com (http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com) and register.
You will be notified via email prior to the launch of the game on when you can return and redeem your preorder code to unlock Early Access to the game
along with instructions on how to receive your Cait Sith Doll minion and Moogle Cap digital content.
You will need an active Square Enix account to complete this process so, if you want to set one up in advance,
please go here: na.square-enix.com/members (/members).</pre>

Thank you!

I wish they would have posted this information onto there site or atleast when people pre-ordered there copy have a slip with the code onto with this
exact instructions onto it that would have been alot easier.

30th May 2013, 20:38
Same boat here. CC charges aren't even on my bank's radar yet, and I purchased on announcement day. I'm hoping this is "normal," though an ugly normal it may be. Has anyone purchasing digitally from SE themselves had CC charges go through yet?

ngelsa
30th May 2013, 20:38
You are welcome http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif

At least you have the code! Some people who pre-ordered online with EB Games didn't even get their codes.

Deathsector
30th May 2013, 20:43
You are welcome

At least you have the code! Some people who pre-ordered online with EB Games didn't even get their codes.

That why you don't pre-order the games online from Ebgames.

I had the same problem with another game not SE but another online game that had a code for early access, Ebgames didn't sent the code and when they did it still didn't work so ordering in person to get the code works a lot better and more of a gauranty that you have it in hand.

Oh another question before i forget.

Do you need to registered for Beta Access in order for the early access code to work as well or dose pre ordering help with that part?

venkaramon
30th May 2013, 20:43
Yeah most have the already been charged for it. I think mine has been charged but it isn't physically reflected yet. I contacted both SE and DRI if I get an update I'll inform you. Recently some have had trouble completing the transaction others errors but so far only you and I have had this problem from what I know. Worst case scenario is that we "think" we purchased the game and end up not in reality and end up missing on the perks which is what I fear most right now in re: to this

I'll wait a few more days and hopefully either SE or DRI can give a concrete answer although I am not getting my hopes up on either hence I'm here on the forums. Help is faster here at times

housam101
30th May 2013, 20:46

I already have 1.0 CE which is why i opted for the PS3 CE this time, that way i have both CE's but im curious about the PS3 early acess and how thats going to work.

Ive had bad time with EBgames too but im hoping since i pre ordered so early itll work out. i may pre order the PC CE from square enix too so much FF

There was a preorder Q&A and that question was brought up so yes its going to be a download from PSN according to what they said.

AaronKinmen
30th May 2013, 20:47
Ok i pre-order the FFXIV game and got the early access code my problem is that i didn't get any information as to where do we put the code into.

Or is there another method of putting the early access code onto so we can have that early access?

Are you sure that is early access code?

because i am preorder CE DD version , but i only get Bonus Package code , not early access code.

Serial Number/Product Code: xxxxxx-xxx-xxxxxx-xxx</pre>

ngelsa
30th May 2013, 20:48
I just pre-ordered the game about 30 minutes ago and according to online banking the charge has already been authorized and pending to be posted. However, the charge is being put under "DIGITALRIVER.COM LUXEMBOURG" instead (probably because it was a foreign currecy transaction).

Also, if you track your order you should be able to generate an electronically signed reciept which you can use as proof of purchase. As for the serial code, you don't use it until early access is available at a later date. For now, you just register your email at the website provided at your order information or confirmation email, so you know when early access starts.

ngelsa
30th May 2013, 20:52
Early Access is part of the bonuses for pre-ordering /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif

Again, read your confirmation email carefully.

venkaramon
30th May 2013, 20:54
Authorized meaning the money has already been deducted to your balance or not yet? Just making sure because mine has already been charged but not yet posted. And yeah mine is supposed to be DRI*SquareEnix.com but it hasn't been posted yet. Was just worried because through my online banking I can't see the transactions that are the same as yours right now. Authorized but pending to be posted. It's been 5 days for me and it hasn't been posted yet. Just found it weird that others were charged already but they ordered later than me.

Also I can track my order and view the invoice which I can print. So I guess that's that all I need to do now is wait. Thanks to everyone's input.

Deathsector
30th May 2013, 20:56

Are you sure that is early access code?

because i am preorder CE DD version , but i only get Bonus Package code , not early access code.

Serial Number/Product Code: xxxxxx-xxx-xxxxxx-xxx</pre>

I asked them twice both in person and over the phone and yes it is the early access code but i got this in person not digitally but till the early access starts and i put the code in we will find out.

Also you should have gotten the early access code not the bonus package code so i would call or message them and find out why you got this instead of the early access code.

Deathsector
30th May 2013, 20:56
Early Access is part of the bonuses for pre-ordering

Well Again thank you.

You been a big great help.

ngelsa
30th May 2013, 21:02
Authorized basically means that the amount has already been deducted from the available credit, but it hasn't been posted yet. Some banks take days to post transactions, some do it quicker; some banks shows authorized transactions, some just reflects that on the available credit. All banks do it differently.

On a side note, online purchase transactions might not be posted according to the regular time frame because it also depends on how the retailer charges it. For example, a retailer might first get an approval code from the bank (with the charge deducted from your available credit) but do not actually put through the charge until later when the item is shipped. Online retailers usually do this, so if the items happened to be unavailable or out-of-stock they can just change the amount they are going to charge (as long as it is lower than the pre-approved amount) without the changes being reflected on the actual transaction. For example, I purchased something online for $50, so the retailer obtained an approval code from the bank, and the bank deducts $50 from my available credit. When the retailer is about to ship my items out, they realize one of them is not available, so the final charge for my order is $40. At the end the retailer put the charges through, and the transaction is being posted on my bank statement for $40 with the $10 credited back to the available credit without showing.

Bazooke
30th May 2013, 21:05
Yea, their store system is funky that is what I think... I just purchased CE of FFXIV and also waiting for statement to show.

venkaramon
30th May 2013, 21:05
Oh cool thanks so much. And I'm with scotia other transactions / payments made after the one I made for the game purchase has already been posted but the one for the game is only deducted. Guess I'll just wait patiently then thanks again. Worst comes to worst and it turns out it didn't go through I'll just purchase it again. Being it only a digital download and seeing that there's still 3 months before the actual launch and rumors of early access / open beta isn't until 2 weeks before then there's still plenty of time

AaronKinmen
30th May 2013, 21:09
Early Access is part of the bonuses for pre-ordering

The Square-Enix, Inc. - Order Confirmation Email give me a link preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/us (http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/us) , and i saw this page write

Enter your email address below

and we'll notify you when you can return to the site to redeem your code and download the game to get ready for the start of Early Access and play with your in-game items.

so i am still need to wait? because i don't get Early Access code and download link. /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

ngelsa
30th May 2013, 21:20
When the early access becomes available you will get an email with instruction on where to enter and redeem your bonus package code because early access is part of the pre-ordering bonus package! Until then you won't have anything to download except the PDF file that tells you exactly the same thing as in the confirmation email.

ngelsa
30th May 2013, 21:20
Well Again thank you.

You been a big great help.

You are very welcome :)

ngelsa
30th May 2013, 21:27
You don't get your CD Key right now, but you get the Pre-Order Bonus Package Code, which you will later use to gain early access for when it becomes available.

On a side note, you only need to enter your email to get news on when early access becomes available, you don't need to enter your Pre-Order Package Code there. Also, somewhere in SE's Q&A says that you should keep your bonus package code safe until early access is available.

ngelsa
30th May 2013, 21:44

I had the same problem with another game not SE but another online game that had a code for early access, Ebgames didn't sent the code and when they did it still didn't work so ordering in person to get the code works a lot better and more of a gauranty that you have it in hand.

Do you need to registered for Beta Access in order for the early access code to work as well or dose pre ordering help with that part?

No you don't have to register for Beta Access because not everyone is going to get into Beta due to different players being selected at different phrases. I still have yet to get into Beta! I signed up for it, but everyone I know got it except me >.<

ZodiarkE
30th May 2013, 21:49
As long as you put your Adress of where to deliver it depends if its PS3 or not, if not I am not really sure but I do bet yours is fine. -^_^-

Deathsector
30th May 2013, 21:53

No you don't have to register for Beta Access because not everyone is going to get into Beta due to different players being selected at different phrases. I still have yet to get into Beta! I signed up for it, but everyone I know got it except me >.<

Owch! That totally sucks that happened to you! D:

jacobr803b
30th May 2013, 22:06
Hey have they released the early access yet? if not when will they? :)

ngelsa
30th May 2013, 22:11

I know @@' It always happens to me too I donno why lol... Maybe it is just my luck --"

ngelsa
30th May 2013, 22:11
Hey have they released the early access yet? if not when will they? :)

Submit your email address at the pre-order website and you will get notified. I don't think they will til closer to August.

Deathsector
30th May 2013, 22:22

I know @@' It always happens to me too I donno why lol... Maybe it is just my luck --"

o.o Totally owch!

But atleast we can look forward to this game coming out! :D

Grafulrich88
30th May 2013, 22:27
IEMEGARO,

Point taken. Just would seem random to note something so obvious in the middle of a whole strip about beta information.

You could be right. I'm more inclined to believe it's in reference to the beta and not just general knowledge they decided to throw in.If it is...I'd be

quite surprised. LoL. I wouldn't put it past them. We will know soon enough I suppose.

UPDATE: The note about buying the PS3 version is in reference to the legacy players. They have access to PC but if they want to play the beta on PS3 they have to buy it.

Hey Guys and Gals,

I just pre-ordered the PS3 Collectors Edition. I got the email and it had another website to register my email to get my BETA and pre-order items when they are availaible after launch.

I'm looking forward to early access.

Please send me a friend request on PSN. Also let me know that you're a future FFXIV ARR Player.

Cheers!!!

PSN: GrafUlrich88

P.S. I believe in having fun and working together on quest's. I'm not a selfish MMO player and will work hard to help my group and also players who just need help. I can't stand gamers who just care about themselves and not the group. I share my loot with members in my group who need it and can better utilize than me, however I expect the same from my group members and FFXIV ARR friends.

Fubar4585
30th May 2013, 22:44
Hey robert. I have very similar standards while playing MMOs. Shot you a request for game day.

housam101
30th May 2013, 22:59
I preordered the regular pc edition and wasnt given a preorder or early access code and they didnt even bother to take down my email so im not sure how this will work. is there anyone who recieved their preorder code or such from eb games instore?

SoulEaterQUEEN
30th May 2013, 23:57
I pre-ordered online as well at EB Games. I ordered it around last Saturday, and just received the confirmation today (so a little less than a week). They emailed the code, and apparently we need to wait for further instructions on when to use it, and such.

SoulEaterQUEEN
31st May 2013, 00:05
Hey Everyone!

I am glad I am not the only one super psyched about early game access, and being able to play this phenomenal game. I received my code by email also but it took awhile (almost a week) after I ordered it on EB Games.

I also imagine that we get early access by a digital download on the psn (although I doubt very much it will be the full version, but just the open beta versions that they have been releasing on the PC I think). It is good to know that for sure the character data will be carried over though. I definitely want to try Arcanist, Black mage, and Scholar (heard by rumor that it will be in it, but not sure if available in the beta but doubt it).

Please also add my PSN: SoulEaterQUEEN

This will be my first online console MMORPG (ex-PC FFXI gamer) so I am psyched to get to know other players!

CHASER33
31st May 2013, 00:22
Noob question never asked about 11 but with 14 are the ps3 and pc gamers going to be seperate, any one know?

CHASER33
31st May 2013, 00:31
I just purchased the CE digital edition from the SE store and my bank has shown that i have indeed paid for it. I have my promo code and all that stuff your finacial institution just might be a bit slow it will probably be there by tomorrow.

FugitiveGunslinger
31st May 2013, 00:33
Noob question never asked about 11 but with 14 are the ps3 and pc gamers going to be seperate, any one know?

What do you mean separate? If by separate you mean that PC and PS3 players will not be able to play together, well then, no. Players playing on either PC or PS3 will be able to play cross-platform--meaning that no matter what platform, players can play on the same server. It was the same for FFXI.

CHASER33
31st May 2013, 00:36

What do you mean separate? If by separate you mean that PC and PS3 players will not be able to play together, well then, no. Players playing on either PC or PS3 will be able to play cross-platform--meaning that no matter what platform, players can play on the same server. It was the same for FFXI.

Thanks that exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Fubar4585
31st May 2013, 00:47

Thanks that exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Yeah I was equally stoked to hear that. Never played much FFXI so Wasn't sure how that worked. Very cool.

OneDrunkRonin
31st May 2013, 01:57
I added everyone and I'm looking forward to adventures in Eorzea with each of you! I am also putting together a free company with an emphasis on PS3 players and working together, feel free to add me if you're interested or just want another friend in Eorzea.

OneDrunkRonin
31st May 2013, 01:58
Forgot my PSN. Blo0dLust__Xx

Fubar4585
31st May 2013, 03:04
Forgot my PSN. Blo0dLust__Xx

Nice! The more the better! Accepted invite and will see you in game.

venkaramon
31st May 2013, 06:22
Thanks again. Well Miffy already p much explained it for me. Since I've already been charged for it I guess all is well just gotta wait for it to actually reflect. Or if not and all heck breaks loose I'll just buy it again after a month or 2

Grafulrich88
31st May 2013, 07:50
I added everyone and I'm looking forward to adventures in Eorzea with each of you! I am also putting together a free company with an emphasis on PS3 players and working together, feel free to add me if you're interested or just want another friend in Eorzea.

Hey Keith feel free to send me a friend request as well. I tried sending you one but for some reason it didn't work.

Cheers!

Grafulrich88
31st May 2013, 08:03
Hey Everyone!

I am glad I am not the only one super psyched about early game access, and being able to play this phenomenal game. I received my code by email also but it took awhile (almost a week) after I ordered it on EB Games.

I also imagine that we get early access by a digital download on the psn (although I doubt very much it will be the full version, but just the open beta versions that they have been releasing on the PC I think). It is good to know that for sure the character data will be carried over though. I definitely want to try Arcanist, Black mage, and Scholar (heard by rumor that it will be in it, but not sure if available in the beta but doubt it).

Please also add my PSN: SoulEaterQUEEN

This will be my first online console MMORPG (ex-PC FFXI gamer) so I am psyched to get to know other players!

Hey SoulEaterQueen,

I am looking forward to playing with some great PS3 FFXIV ARR players.

I played FFXI on the Xbox 360 back in 2009. I only played it for a short time because of my Air Force job. Now that I retired from the Air Force I have more time to devote to gaming and really excited to get FFXIV ARR in August. I pre-ordered my PS3 Collectors Edition last night from Amazon. Looking forward to some great adventuring. I will want to be eventually a Paladin or Dragoon. However Scholar sounds interesting as well.

Cheers!!!

Zabuza
31st May 2013, 08:50
When i went to go pre-order FFXIV i asked about the CE and they said that they might get it in thier system later on and ill be able to upgrade to it to the CE then.

SoulEaterQUEEN
31st May 2013, 09:49

Hey Keith feel free to send me a friend request as well. I tried sending you one but for some reason it didn't work.

Cheers!

It is probably because his PSN requires two "_", before I even knew he added me and I tried to add first and two did the trick!

Anubis24
31st May 2013, 09:55
all the gamestop ive called said they dont have them on thier release date of new upcoming games lol

Grafulrich88
31st May 2013, 10:06
all the gamestop ive called said they dont have them on thier release date of new upcoming games lol

Hey Marcus,

Why don't you either order it via SE Store or Amazon. I ordered my via Amazon and they won't charge until the game ships. I was relieved I thought I had to pay now. I guess thats how their preorder works. Oh they will send you an email about your order and I think another email that talks about your pre-order bonus stuff. Just read and do what they tell you to do to sign up for the Beta.

Cheers,

Rob

PSN: GrafUlrich88

xioner
31st May 2013, 11:37
Hey, I have a similar problem too. I have ordered the Collector edition of the game and they took my money for it on the 23rd i think. But today there no transaction on my bank account saying i paid for it. But i have the email for proof of purshase, I am just wondering do i have to just remember i paid 82 something tell the release or are they going take my money?

Tachimeh
31st May 2013, 11:57
I'm so excited!!! See you all ingame! Add me on psn so we can play together! PSN: stephenboii

x3Noctis
31st May 2013, 13:02
Wait, I have no idea which code is which. Is it the serial code/product code that'll give you the bonus for preordering? Or is it the preorder code where you wait until they email you and they'll give you the code? So confusing.

And does the money come out of your card right away? Or when they send it out? Cause for some reason, my card still have that money I used to preorder it even though it's already been stated that I preordered it. And before that, it was gone and now it's back.

member_10103769
31st May 2013, 13:31
I think you all are overcomplicating this. Allow me to clarify:

The only code you can possibly have right now is the pre-order bonus package/early access code.
If you have received a code you can head to preorder.na. (http://preorder.na.)<wbr>finalfantasyxiv.com</wbr> (http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/) to enter your email**

**This is only to add you to a list that will send you a notification email for when you can actually claim your code (items + early access).

Note that you probably won't receive an email about this for a few weeks or even months. They are still in their closed beta phases at the moment and the early access code does not include access to these phases.