PDA

View Full Version : Eidos? What Eidos?

Natla
8th Jul 2009, 07:32
Do does Eidos actually exist any more? If you like I give you permission to rename the forums the "Jacqueline Natla Fanclub".

Rexie
8th Jul 2009, 07:47
Yep, But Edie is owned by Squirie.

(Square Enix ones Eidos)

chriss_99
8th Jul 2009, 08:36
I heard the recent news that Eidos will change it's name to Square Enix Europe. As a result they are planning to dismiss more people in Europ and USA.

GeorgeMaciver
8th Jul 2009, 09:35
Let's hope it's the Eidos Board that goes and everyone else stays :D :thumb: When I have loads and loads of spare change I think I'd buy Crystal Dynamics and Tomb Raider and have some fun :wave:

Max 28
8th Jul 2009, 09:59
I thought SQ EX was just like a parent company to Eidos. That way Eidos kept it's name and indentity, with like a boss company of them.

AdobeArtist
8th Jul 2009, 11:46
Do does Eidos actually exist any more? If you like I give you permission to rename the forums the "Jacqueline Natla Fanclub".

Noooooo, this is the "Bring Back the Black Cocktail Dress For All TR Games, Campaign Central" :rasp::o:D

jayjay119
8th Jul 2009, 12:28
I thought SQ EX was just like a parent company to Eidos. That way Eidos kept it's name and indentity, with like a boss company of them.

I think initially SE were letting Eidos keep its name because it was more known within the western developing world, however now virtually everyone who knows Eidos well knows that SE has taken it over so it makes sense just to switch to calling it Square Enix Europe to give them more recognition in the west.

pinpal
8th Jul 2009, 16:57
Hope this doesn't effect tomb raider.:hmm:

_Love2Raid_
8th Jul 2009, 17:56
^ Most likely not.

Will the name 'Eidos' be replaced by Square Enix Europe? :confused:

I just read about it:

Eidos No More, Now Square Enix Europe
Written Wednesday, July 08, 2009 by Dan Webb

Not only will the Square Enix purchase of Eidos cost a number of British and European jobs at the firm, but it also seems that the Eidos publishing brand will be cast out as well.

Eidos told MCV, "Square Enix and Eidos Interactive are pleased to announce plans to create a new organisation to drive forward their European business."

"Square Enix Europe (final name TBC) will include Eidos’ global network of studios and combine the Square Enix and Eidos European sales and marketing businesses to create one efficient and powerful structure for game publishing."

Despite the Eidos publishing brand being put out to pasture, the development studios like Eidos Montreal, are said to be keeping the moniker.

I always thought Eidos was quite a catchy name as well ... a hell of a lot more so than Square Enix.

What will happen to this forum? :o

Katie_Fleming
8th Jul 2009, 18:12
The sources have been mixed up. I chatted with Keir today about this...I posted it in my forums (http://forum.katietombraider.com/index.php?showtopic=2996&pid=28673&st=0&#entry28673).

There will be 3 logos on the games:

Square Enix Europe (producer)
Eidos Interactive
Crystal Dynamics

They are not losing their title - they will still have their label name.

Pulse
8th Jul 2009, 19:30
Wierd. But Square Enix on the boxes might get more players to buy Tomb Raider 9

chriss_99
8th Jul 2009, 19:52
3 logos on the box? How inconvinient... but at least it's clear that Eidos keeps it's name.

tombraidergal
8th Jul 2009, 20:27
oooh, if they changed the name... i'd have to type something other than 'eidos tomb raider forums' in to google.... um... what about 'Square enix tomb raider forums'? simple. dun dun dun dunnnnnnn

_Love2Raid_
8th Jul 2009, 20:30
^Why would you type it into Google?

Dusk Knight
9th Jul 2009, 09:33
I think I know what happened. A while back Eidos was purchased by SCi. SCi changed their name to Eidos, so in a sense Eidos was owned by another company named Eidos.

I guess it's the upper management Eidos (SCi) that's being renamed. The Eidos that was Eidos to begin with is still Eidos.

tombraidergal
9th Jul 2009, 15:36
i type into google because i just do... it's easier. i used to go to tombraider.com and click forums but it'd open up a seperate window and it got annoying. so i learnt the link, typed it in and it would take me there, but for some reason it won't let me anymore, so i just open up a new tab and type it in on google.

Max 28
10th Jul 2009, 03:39
^^^Um, add it to your favourites. :confused:

sexygothgirl579
11th Jul 2009, 23:38
i just wanna know... im so confused...

wdavid
13th Jul 2009, 10:49
Yeap. Or come to the forums via the official homepage :D

Sina_Croft
13th Jul 2009, 20:01
yes. But they let eidos do what they want, kinda. Square Enix is mostly for money-support, as far as I know. You can read about it at the Square Enix / Eidos websites ;)

iRawr
13th Jul 2009, 20:08
I never grasped the whole idea on who did who.

Sina_Croft
13th Jul 2009, 20:16
I never grasped the whole idea on who did who.

welcome to the forums :)

I didn't care before as well, but when joining a forum like this, growing up and come across too many games, I started to care :p

Sina_Croft
23rd Sep 2010, 09:50
"Square Enix recently announced that it would be stopping game publishing under the Eidos brand and renaming it into Square Enix Europe. Eidos Interactive will most likely cease publishing in 2010."
:rolleyes:

Danielsun_
23rd Sep 2010, 18:20
I would not be surprised if they did loads of companies say when they take over a popular company 'it will keep its name do not worry',. after a year or two, given a game say or two then they change the name to suit their own needs

i would prefer it stay as Eidos as i love the name and the company,

tombraidergal
23rd Sep 2010, 19:00
dun dun dun.

Sina_Croft
23rd Sep 2010, 20:11
I would not be surprised if they did loads of companies say when they take over a popular company 'it will keep its name do not worry',. after a year or two, given a game say or two then they change the name to suit their own needs

i would prefer it stay as Eidos as i love the name and the company,

I guess you're right. It sounds familiar :p This is how it works, he