PDA

View Full Version : Would you like AoD story continued?

Wlado.Srbija
5th Jul 2009, 22:44
Well, would you? I would, honestly (no surprise, huh? :D). I mean, there were a lot rumors that it will be another trilogy, before and after CD came, but it didn't happen. So, now that the mommy story is finished, would you like AoD story to be continued? Vote:)

Mr Croft
5th Jul 2009, 23:03
No, it's time to move on already.

Error96_
6th Jul 2009, 01:07
AOD has the best story of any TR. It might be a little wierd going back to a story from a few years ago. Don't know if CD would want to or be able to continue the AOD story in that great sort of manor.

I said yes as I love AOD's story but more think CD should look to bring their own stories up to that level. No more mother story and such.

josh1122
6th Jul 2009, 01:12
No, no more living in the past, keep moving forward with different stories, like mr croft said, move its time to move on all ready

Max 28
6th Jul 2009, 02:58
It was a good story but I think if you were going to continue with it you'd have to redo AoD, to fit in with the new and popular games, and redoing a game that -although it does have a fanbase- was so critised would be a hard feat to pull off. It might lose the original fanbase and people who originally disaproved would be like "why are you redoing such a bad game??!!". I think Eidos needs to go for a safer route for the moment to re-grip the slipping fanbase, hold on to the loyals and gain even more fans after Underworld.

Dusk Knight
6th Jul 2009, 07:11
Yes.

But not in the games. Let someone good make a graphic novel series or something out of it.

LARALOVERnr1
6th Jul 2009, 08:05
No please...

jayjay119
6th Jul 2009, 13:21
I'd say yes, but not in a trilogy type style. Just finish the story off in one game. Quick clean and simple then move on. No on is actually going to forget it if it never happens, there is always going to be some amount of people bringing up AOD another 3 years down the line... I mean it was 6 years ago AOD was released and here we are talking about it still.

Plus just to note, I love the irony of people who are fans of a game that deals with the past in such a heavy fashion telling people not to bother with the past and that its time to move on... imagine if Lara had said that

'Hey Lara, wanna go get the scion?'
'No thanks i've done that before with my father, its time to move on already!'

Wlado.Srbija
6th Jul 2009, 16:25
I would like the continuation of AoD story. They had it in the plan, but CORE broke apart, and CD interrupted it with their new story, which, well at least compared to previous TRs is dumb (Not just the story was bad, they changed Lara's personality, biography, look, length of games...). Anyway, don't want this to become another CORE vs CD thread, but, the dumb mommy story was dragged over 2 sequels. I think it's time to continue the best TR story ever (IMO), well, at least as a memorial. And if they do, I just hope they do it good in all aspects (length, story, personality....)

Andy64
6th Jul 2009, 16:46
AOD had a great story and would have like to have it continue but don't think it will. Too long ago but would be good if it did.

The Mother story and Lara's change in personality from whitty and edgy to all emotional were poor. Whatever story comes next I hope it's back to the 'play for sport' attitude Lara.

Princess lara
6th Jul 2009, 17:05
I think they should because there are so many questions left unanswered like is kurtis really dead?what happened to the nephilim race? and so much more!i kinda miss the old lara,CD has really made a whole 360 with lara.will the real lara please stand up?

tombraidergal
6th Jul 2009, 17:48
i never played it! but still, i would not because.... the game takes ages to complete as i have been told, and it was quite boring as some poeple say... much rather it did not continue, something new should be done, not mother, not continuing the classics etc. Just a newly reborn tomb raider series. fresh apiece.

Wlado.Srbija
6th Jul 2009, 19:03
I think they should because there are so many questions left unanswered like is kurtis really dead?what happened to the nephilim race? and so much more!i kinda miss the old lara,CD has really made a whole 360 with lara.will the real lara please stand up?

Yes. There really are many unanswered questions. Also, there are two Eckhardt's "colleagues" left alive. What happened to/with them? I think they were left alive for purpose, probably because they were to appear in next Core's TR game.

It also bugs me a lot, what was in the box that you have to give to Pierre/Bernard? But, that's not important.

i never played it! but still, i would not because.... the game takes ages to complete as i have been told, and it was quite boring as some poeple say... much rather it did not continue, something new should be done, not mother, not continuing the classics etc. Just a newly reborn tomb raider series. fresh apiece.

Well, no matter what else was bad in t. :)he game, the story is brilliant. Maybe the game was buggy and boring sometimes (not to me), but the story is good, and the story should be continued.

Sorry for double post, fixed

Treeble
6th Jul 2009, 22:15
The story can be continued in a novel, so everyone wanting answers will have them and the current storylines don't need to be modified to fit. If that was done (ie inserting AOD in the Crystal timeline), I'm sure people would not be satisfied anyway.

Pulse
6th Jul 2009, 22:56
I put no, because there wasn't an option that said "I'd like the Urban Raider idea NatlaUnleashed94 created awhile ago." :p

but i'm serious

Wlado.Srbija
6th Jul 2009, 23:13
The story can be continued in a novel, so everyone wanting answers will have them and the current storylines don't need to be modified to fit. If that was done (ie inserting AOD in the Crystal timeline), I'm sure people would not be satisfied anyway.

Well, it could happen before TRL. I don't see a problem in that. Honestly.

Max 28
7th Jul 2009, 03:13
For me the AoD story is that amazing - no God's gift to earth for me. I think Legend's was better. I don't think it was continued well but ah well. Eidos needs a better and safer spring back after TR:U for me. We need another wow game and a remake/redo won't cut it.

trlaracroft
8th Jul 2009, 14:56
ok for me Yes! i want aod back.... the best story line

Katie_Fleming
9th Jul 2009, 17:51
Absolutely. I loved AOD and if they continued the storyline that'd be great...but they've got to do it right. If it's not parallel with AOD then it would be a disaster. Core hired a writer for AOD - I say find the book, and mirror it.

qwerty
9th Jul 2009, 20:01
like he ll yeah

tr9
9th Jul 2009, 23:16
AoD has the best plot of all the series. This is something different because appears Kurtis. The other series after the AoD are as good with this important difference.

Flintmelody
12th Jul 2009, 17:05
AOD is one of my fav TR's despite the controls. The story was awesome and as time goes on I more and more want to see AOD story continued.

josh1122
12th Jul 2009, 17:13
honestly after seeing the new TR9 stuff, I'd rather see AOD continued now lol

wdavid
13th Jul 2009, 10:25
NO, please.:)
AOD was a good game but i think the should focus on a totally new story. :D...without Kurtis :rasp:

Wlado.Srbija
13th Jul 2009, 14:20
Oh, I don't care about Kurtis much... Yes, some would like to have yet another game with him, with happy end, but it doesn't fit into TR.... Besides, the story would be stronger, and on a higher emotional level, if Lara searches for him and finds out that he is after all. I mean, the mommy story end was so predictable, since her mother was not an important character of the game, and she simply wouldn't fit. I mean, death of Von Croy or possible death of Kurtis was more shocking and more touching to me, since you get to know those characters in the game(s). You begin to like them or not, but you start to care about them. On the other hand, I didn't even know Lara's mother was dead all these years until Legend, and thus, I didn't really care about her.

BobbyDQ
17th Sep 2009, 16:22
It would be incredible to see a sequel to AOD. The story was so deep. This would be awesome for TR.

Mick2412
17th Sep 2009, 20:16
There was something chilling and epic about AOD. The whole hunt for Verner's killers and all the dark, atmospheric and artistically beutiful places. The gameplay destroyed it but the story and feel were perfect. I would be way more excited about an AOD sequel than just a TRU connected game or new story game. Over 60% of the vote at current time shows there is still some want for it.

prettygurl1105
19th Sep 2009, 23:31
i agree with an AOD continuation. Aod had the perfect story and in my opinion it has been the best story out of the current tomb raiders. but what i dont understand is if so many people dont like aod then why are we still talking about it now? and on one of the polls why was it the second favorite game? i think people need to give it another chance becuase apparently the majority of people here like aod.

JRod108
19th Sep 2009, 23:51
No

Why? Because, Tomb Raider needs to move on. Even if CD planned to continue the AOD story, I would think that they would have to rerelease the first one because not everyone own a PS2 and not everyone plays games on their PC. So, in order to get the maximum number of sales, I think they would have to rerelease the first one so everyone would be on the same page. I don't think CD would want to continue the AOD story because for one thing, it is not their own story. I don't think they would know how to properly tell the story. It's not the same a releasing a remake, when you already have a story and you can add just a few things here, and a few things there. Continueing a story that you haven't originally written is like trying to pour a glass of milk with someone else's arm. Another thing is that AOD was a failure as far as sales go. It doesn't matter if the story was good, the gameplay was awful. Critics and many fans just couldn't stand it. Continueing something that was not properly implemented in the first place is just plain stupid in my opinion. CD needs to take risks, yeah, but not a risk that didn't really work in the first place. Many of you love the AOD story, but we need to think how a second AOD would be received. The first one didn't fare well, so why would people want to buy the second one? CD needs to make a game that will be appreciated by both fans and new comers alike. Not just a portion of the fans. TRU may have been okay, but CD needs to make a GREAT game, not one that will probably get shot down even before it is even released. CD needs to make something new and fresh.

Error96_
20th Sep 2009, 00:31
I kind of think that the majority yes vote we have seen here can be seen really as a love of how the AOD story was done and it's depth. I don't think it will be continued but the fact the result so far is yes shows that a majority want the stories at least to move in the AOD direction.

I must admit I think Lara gave out a far more real and raw emotion at Von Croys death than anything in the Mother story. More gritty and made me care far far more about Lara getting Von Croy's killer than Lara finding her Mother.

A very layered and deep story is whats needed. Maybe this game isn't the time though. A very pure simple survival story fits best with the concepts. Hopefully more lined with fear rather than overburdened with facts from myths. Maybe in a soon coming TR though I would want to see a big mystery story like AOD.

Pulse
20th Sep 2009, 03:08
Urban Raider

every franchise deserves a spin-off,

especially one that features the lovely Hayley Carr.

phoenixflames
20th Sep 2009, 03:20
NO!
Sequels are fun but I would like the TR franchise to move forward. TR:AoD was a great game but I liked the way it ended. I loved how the original 3 TR games consisted of different adventures, characters, and storylines. If anything maybe if they introduced Kurtis Trent back but moved on from the story of AoD.

Studded*Belt
25th Oct 2009, 03:50
I would like the story to go on. Legend was a nice breather after the whole rut, of Core doing a crappy job. So yea with the idea of aod, and the feel of legend. Its time to once more to rock the tomb raiding world :D

But really, do you know how surprizing it would be, if they did somewhat continue the story. I mean i'd cry tears of happiness...or something realy close.

Besides, the story would be stronger, and on a higher emotional level, if Lara searches for him and finds out that he is after all.

A game of where Lara find kurtis reminds me so much of final fantasy x-2... in which i cried, when yuna found tidus. lol ya know, that would be pretty awesome. ^^ ahhh. i'm getting all emotinal thinking about it :p

Studded*Belt
25th Oct 2009, 03:54
No

Even if CD planned to continue the AOD story, I would think that they would have to rerelease the first one because not everyone own a PS2 and not everyone plays games on their PC.

OMG great idea! :lol: Really they should continue it! Making the first AOD again, making it dark and gritty, like when it first came out... and it continues on after underworld... and it can be fresh and new...just continue the story with a differnt feel!

IvanaKC
25th Oct 2009, 11:27
on NOOO, that way Lara would be sooo ugly!

Cosmasia
25th Oct 2009, 14:21
Yes very much.

Glitches aside, it was my favourite TR game. Such a lovely dark story, dark Lara and even a bit of sensuality between her and Kurt.
I like the idea of corrupt religious people and creatures, and that whole horror theme that went through the game.
And the idea that Lara was chased.
Loved it.

So yes I definitely want it continued, as long as they will stay true to the story.

pinpal
25th Oct 2009, 15:52
No, AOD is not coming back:cool:. the story was good but did not feel like tomb raider. Lara should not be playing rouge detective trying to solve a murder. The trilogy Crystal D made was very good. it visited laras origins, found out what happened to her parent's and met old and new villians. Natla comng back in underworld was brilliant. AOD's story is so 2003:lol:. I really think its time to move on.:lmao::wave:

donnabright
28th Oct 2009, 10:44
I am not a fan of the controls in AOD but I do love the game. I hate trying to jump. You don't know how many times I keep falling, when I hit the jump button. I run and jump and fall instead of jumping. I run and jump and push the action button and Lara is now holding on to the the ledge. I push up on the dialog stick and she falls right off the ledge. I pushed up. I didn't hit any buttons. I have played this game many times and guess what? I run and run, then jump, then fall, instead of jumping. How many times do I have to push the jump button..I said jump Lara. When Lara is on the Ledge I push the stick up and she just falls, Um. So I just jump and save. jump and save through out the game.

Once I saved the game right as Lara died, so when I loaded up the game all I seen was a black screen. I thought something was wrong with my PS2, nope. I just saved the game right as I died. LMAO.
Also where the floor caves in, in Hall of seasons, Lara jumps and gets stuck in mid air. I can't do anything but
reload the game. Hey Lara is flying. LOL

However the more I play AOD the better I become... but yea it would be awesome to have more AOD, with better controls this time, so I can jump without dying a million times. :D. However I love the story line and it's a very fun and challenging game to play. I am playing AOD again and I am back in The Hall of Seasons, gee my favorite place to jump. :lol: I hate when the floor caves in..I think I died about 30 times but anyway I made it, so on with the game and yes I have been in The Hall of Seasons many times before. I like torture ok. :D

donnabright
28th Oct 2009, 11:24
Oh yes... I hear Lara inside my mind and she has something to say to CD.
From Lara.
Listen when you made AOD I never expected to die so many times. Do you think it is fun falling from a roof top? I am trying to awaken The Sleeper and you do not know how many times I found myself screaming and falling to my death, which isn't pretty let me tell you. I ended up crippled with my legs up over my head at least a million times. Now if you would just change the jumping button I may not die so often. Oh and I do not like the glitches, where I get stuck in mid air and I can't seem to move. How am I supposed to awaken The Sleeper? I think it's about high time you remade AOD, Or keep it the same but please change my controls. This way I can complete my mission.
Sincerely,
Lara

digifan
28th Oct 2009, 13:54
I thought Underworld is a continuation of AoD - more or less - when Lara had a reference to her being framed for murder by the Doppleganger years ago.

trjunepearl
5th Nov 2009, 01:46
...........................I wonder how drastically different you would all think if the game was actually completed? :scratch: I think we'd all give quite a bit more hugs and kisses to AoD. 'Nuff said.

MattFini
5th Nov 2009, 03:04
Oh yes.

AoD, if done properly, could be one of the most amazing projects ever. I mean, Core's story was staggering. I remember forcing myself to deal with TERRIBLE controls and endless glitches because the story was so dark and fascinating that I absolutely had to finish it (and that was not easy).

I've said it before: I would LOVE to see Crystal Dynamics take the entire story and create a new trilogy from the ground up based on AoD.

Yeah, it was THAT good. But only the most hardcore TR fans got to experience it because the game design was so lousy.

Sophiafan
14th Nov 2009, 03:05
Defo. Think AOD had the best story of recent TR's so would like to know what happened next.

donnabright
15th Nov 2009, 15:52
AOD is easy after a person gets used to the controls..I played it 4 times and each time I get better and better at it..Maybe one day I will become the AOD master player. :lol:
I really love AOD, at first yea the controls really sucked but now not so bad as I don't die as often. I know the puzzles and where to go and how to get where I am going in the game..
This is really an awesome game. It would be cool if CD made a AOD part 2. :D
It would be a different AOD but continued on...Anyway I am a big fan of the game and of TRL and TRU..I really know how to play these games. I have played enough times, over and over.
TRA is fun to.

Laracroft98
16th Nov 2009, 04:57
Yes. One of the biggest reasons that I want it to be continued is it kind of left you hanging on the last scene. Kurtis wasn't were he used to be there was just blood and his wepon seemed to be leading lara somewhere. I really want to find out what happened. Did he die or not? Plus they won't have a problem with all the bugs in AOD and the graphics. This game would be amazing.