PDA

View Full Version : The elder Turelim skin...

Lirka_
25th Feb 2014, 18:09
looks amazing :eek:
Right now I have a window open of the paused youtube video just so I can check it now and then.

I can't wait to see the others!

Sanguise23
25th Feb 2014, 18:19
HAHA im doing this too thats too funny

Captain3009
25th Feb 2014, 18:35
Looks great, thats the Legacy of Kain...:)

Razaiim
25th Feb 2014, 18:54
He looks like he has a beard. I like it.

GenFeelGood
25th Feb 2014, 21:33
The fact they brought in the lead artist for most of the series, eleven years after the last one was released, to aid in the development of these skins is further testament to their promise to preserve the integrity of the series. This has got to win over most, if not all, of the hold outs from the Legacy of Kain series fan base that think it has been reduced to a gimmick for a new ip.

Sluagh
25th Feb 2014, 22:18
That skin is swwwwwwweeeeet. I got Melchiah-like loving for it.

IKathaarI
25th Feb 2014, 22:31
I love it! Now I can show my mom this game and she'd actually connect the dots (before she had NO clue how it was related to LoK)

NickTsiou
25th Feb 2014, 23:01
well your mother seems to understand this series better than you do, if you did find any similarities before the classic skins (which is actualy the only one).

WraithShadow13
25th Feb 2014, 23:12
i'm curious as to what the Razielim would have looked like in Soul Reaver times, had they not been purged. As each of the clan leaders became more beastial and monsterous, it would be interesting to see how the best of them would have changed. Will they be more bat like? Being the noblest and most powerful of the clans, would they be as monsterous as the others?

DeputyPotato
25th Feb 2014, 23:16
i'm curious as to what the Razielim would have looked like in Soul Reaver times, had they not been purged. As each of the clan leaders became more beastial and monsterous, it would be interesting to see how the best of them would have changed. Will they be more bat like? Being the noblest and most powerful of the clans, would they be as monsterous as the others?

Not as pretty and fabulous as Raziel but pretty close to it I guess since Raziel was such an babe. :)

IKathaarI
25th Feb 2014, 23:34
well your mother seems to understand this series better than you do, if you did find any similarities before the classic skins (which is actualy the only one).

granted all i've shown her is artwork and the website, no gameplay (which is where most of the tie-ins are held) i should however, show her the lore posts.

TheIrtar
25th Feb 2014, 23:44
The new Turrelim skin looks awesome.

Need MOAR Cabuco.

Psyonix_Eric
25th Feb 2014, 23:49
Yes.... a curious question indeed....

Razaiim
25th Feb 2014, 23:53

My "He has the answers" senses are tingling...

Orionte
26th Feb 2014, 00:32
This Turelim skin looks great, even more than great, amazing! I'm psyched to see the rest.

I plan to buy it the second its made available, and if the rest are so great I'll buy them too. Maybe they should sell a "classic skin bundle" or something like that, its not a bad idea.

Anyway, great job on your part Psyonix :)

IKathaarI
26th Feb 2014, 00:41
This Turelim skin looks great, even more than great, amazing! I'm psyched to see the rest.

I plan to buy it the second its made available, and if the rest are so great I'll buy them too. Maybe they should sell a "classic skin bundle" or something like that, its not a bad idea.

Anyway, great job on your part Psyonix :)

was hoping these would be one of the 'unlockable' ones, with maybe different versions being 'buyable' kinda like how it is now with the fledgling skins.

Khalith
26th Feb 2014, 00:47
I actually like the current tyrant skin we see in the artwork more than that one, I understand I'm in the minority on this. That being said, the visual on the skin perfectly suits what we know about the Turelim, I definitely like the art direction for it and can't wait to see the others!

IKathaarI
26th Feb 2014, 01:38
I actually like the current tyrant skin we see in the artwork more than that one, I understand I'm in the minority on this. That being said, the visual on the skin perfectly suits what we know about the Turelim, I definitely like the art direction for it and can't wait to see the others!

You like the Fledgling model over the Elder one?

Nyxios
26th Feb 2014, 01:45
I love this pre-devolved adult Turelim concept art. He looks a bit like Vorador. Working with Cabuco is the perfect way to respect the previous lore of LOK, I can only approve this. I'm dribbling as I'm picturing the next adults of each clan. Fledgling Dumahims are quite different from their future bulky Soul Reaver selves, I can't wait to see them as adults there.

I dont think so but I'm asking anyway : would we see the pre-devolved Lieutenants as well (just to know how they look in this era)? Melchiah, Rahab, Zephon, Dumah, Turel... so many enjoyable thrills ...

shinros
26th Feb 2014, 01:59

Yeah now that I think about Raziel was quite shocked at how human the Turel and his kind were compared to the rest of the clan. Considering Raziel got the largest part of kain's gift I assume they would look the most "human" out of the clans. Plus I recall in the lore blog after some of the razielim got some blood into them they started to regain some of their former form.

Plus the devolution has not really set in yet.

Khalith
26th Feb 2014, 06:05
You like the Fledgling model over the Elder one?

For the Turelim, yes.

IKathaarI
26th Feb 2014, 06:49
For the Turelim, yes.

interesting, i did notice, at least in the art, they look a bit smaller, especially in the torso, but that might not be the case when the skin comes around.

Therealrabban
26th Feb 2014, 07:07
I did not believe you guys were gonna do it. I did not think you'd change the appearance of the vampires after getting this far style wise and you did. Best of all you, you got Cabuco to work with you on the designs. My foot is in my mouth.

Khalith
26th Feb 2014, 07:58
interesting, i did notice, at least in the art, they look a bit smaller, especially in the torso, but that might not be the case when the skin comes around.

After watching the gameplay vids I noticed that all the vamps have a pretty distinct silhouette, I imagine that the skin will be carefully designed so that the vamps don't appear any larger (or smaller) than what they do in the gameplay vids we've seen. Another thing to remember, that image is just a concept art after all, we don't know how it will translate when they make the actual model.

CountEyokir
26th Feb 2014, 09:53
This is what we needed exactly. That design is Turelim down to its toenails. If someone presented this to me and said - this was a vampire from Kain's empire, I could buy it immediately. The fledgling skin I still raise massive eyebrows at and make a 'errr' sound but this... I have no problems with whatsoever

Khalith
26th Feb 2014, 10:20
I am so curious about seeing the elder Razielim skins! Also curious if the Dumahim is gonna have a long tongue, but that might have too much potential for hilarity.

Monkeythumbz
26th Feb 2014, 15:10
The fact they brought in the lead artist for most of the series, eleven years after the last one was released, to aid in the development of these skins is further testament to their promise to preserve the integrity of the series. This has got to win over most, if not all, of the hold outs from the Legacy of Kain series fan base that think it has been reduced to a gimmick for a new ip.
That definitely helped colour our thinking, yes.

Ever so curious, indeed... ;)

shinros
26th Feb 2014, 16:27
This is what we needed exactly. That design is Turelim down to its toenails. If someone presented this to me and said - this was a vampire from Kain's empire, I could buy it immediately. The fledgling skin I still raise massive eyebrows at and make a 'errr' sound but this... I have no problems with whatsoever

Whats wrong with the fledgling skin? I mean Kain pretty much looked the same with he was young/fledgling. Heck when it came to the whole evolution idea it was Daniel looking at Vorador for the first time in blood omen and thinking WTH is that and then they came up with the idea that vampires evolve etc.

Funny thing is some hold outs think the adult form is the default form of a vampire and that the fledglings are lore breaking.

Vampmaster
26th Feb 2014, 17:25
Whats wrong with the fledgling skin? I mean Kain pretty much looked the same with he was young/fledgling. Heck when it came to the whole evolution idea it was Daniel looking at Vorador for the first time in blood omen and thinking WTH is that and then they came up with the idea that vampires evolve etc.

Funny thing is some hold outs think the adult form is the default form of a vampire and that the fledglings are lore breaking.

Kain had fangs (Eric/Corey pointed out the fledglings do, but it's hard to tell in certain pics) and ears (not Turelim sized, but noticeably pointed). Umah, Magnus and others from BO2 were fairly young, but still had the ears. Also, based on the SR1 intro, Turel got his ears before he started to grow huge because they were a part of his evolution, but the fledglings seem to have done things in the opposite order.

Not saying it's that big of a deal, now that we have these awesome new skins coming (BTW, great work guys! :D), just that it wasn't just about the hands and feet.

Paradoks_db
26th Feb 2014, 17:54
I don't visit theses forums as regularly as I'd like to but I just dropped by to say that this skin is a huge improvement.
Too bad the environments still look wrong :(.

gzvirax
1st Mar 2014, 23:51
Somehow I missed this ... where can I check this out? URL anyone?

RainaAudron
2nd Mar 2014, 01:01
Here: http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/closed-beta-launch-date-announcement