PDA

View Full Version : demo mini ninjas

colteninja
1st Jul 2009, 06:06
:confused: is there going be downloadable mini ninjas demo for ps3?:mad2:

Acid_Burn
1st Jul 2009, 07:26
Yes, i guess. There will be a demo for Xbox 360, PS3, PC. But a little bit later. 2 or 3 weeks before the release of the game.

RadarTrap
2nd Jul 2009, 00:05
Has there been any official announcement about a demo?

Acid_Burn
2nd Jul 2009, 07:42
Not yet.

Twillÿ
2nd Jul 2009, 12:03
Ahh! I would kill for a demo. I still check the marketplace on Xbox Live daily....:whistle:

Heh, obsessed, I know. I can't help it. :mad2:

<< twillÿ.>>

Shahab
27th Jul 2009, 20:11
I hope so ...

Acid_Burn
28th Jul 2009, 12:45
The demo will be available August 19.
Everyone who's gonna to attend the GamesCom '09 will get free PC DVD with the demo.

curiousgerbil
28th Jul 2009, 13:50

Where did you here that? I hope it's true.

Acid_Burn
28th Jul 2009, 14:06
It is :)
The information is confirmed by Square Enix Europe/Eidos.

curiousgerbil
28th Jul 2009, 14:39
It is :)
The information is confirmed by Square Enix Europe/Eidos.

Thanks! I can't wait! :D

RadarTrap
29th Jul 2009, 10:43
Everyone who's gonna to attend the GamesCom '09 will get free PC DVD with the demo.

Geez Acid Burn, where do you get all this info? You seem to know more than the guys who work for IOI... :nut:

Acid_Burn
29th Jul 2009, 11:00
Hehe :D
I'm a spy http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/n/ninjastar.gif or a ninja? :scratch:

Falkenwut
29th Jul 2009, 22:25
Q: How large are we to expect the demo to be? as in.. 600MB+?

Acid_Burn
29th Jul 2009, 22:45
800Mb+

KillerCroc
10th Aug 2009, 05:19
So will there possibly be some themes around the release of the demo? Not relevant to the topic, but you know, you're on your winning streak. :)

dark_angel_7
10th Aug 2009, 09:27
800Mb+

Even Kane and Lynch/Hitman: BM wasn't that much! :p Surely MN wont be that big right?...

Acid_Burn
10th Aug 2009, 09:46
You're wrong :p
It is alredy done. And, it's likely the demo DVDs are in print now.

KillerCroc
10th Aug 2009, 16:33
So anyways :rolleyes: I know it's too early to talk about DLC, but is there a possibility of it? :)

The New Blueguy
12th Aug 2009, 15:21
Will the demo have a co-op option?

Acid_Burn
12th Aug 2009, 15:53
No. There's no multiplayer. Even in full game :)

The New Blueguy
12th Aug 2009, 16:55
What?.... I thought they said there was co-op in the full game!! Aww geez... I really have to think about buying this now. I mean I probably will anyway, but geez man!! How can they say their inspiration was something they could play as a family with their kids and not have co-op?

Acid_Burn
12th Aug 2009, 17:15
There is some kind of multiplayer, but only in DS version. :(

colteninja
12th Aug 2009, 22:19
well this isn't family more of alike ninja gaiden an ninja gaiden 2 and ninja gaiden sigma but it has six small ninja and without blood and guts.

Falkenwut
15th Aug 2009, 11:43
2 other questions:
1> Will the demo be availabe for free online?
2> Will the demo contain all functions that we are expected to see in the full version?

Acid_Burn
15th Aug 2009, 12:44
1) Dunno about PS3 or X360, but it will be free for PC.
2) Not all. Just a little. Just 2 or 3 Ninjas will be available.

colteninja
15th Aug 2009, 12:51
1) Dunno about PS3 or X360, but it will be free for PC.
2) Not all. Just a little. Just 2 or 3 Ninjas will be available.

please let be tora
please let be tora
please let be tora:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Acid_Burn
17th Aug 2009, 12:13
The demo for Xbox 360 and PC will be available on Wednesday.
Playstation3 users will be able to download it on Thursday.

Barkhing
19th Aug 2009, 08:20
I just played the demo on PC. I am very impressed! The art style is really beautiful, especially the environments. The Japanese setting is excellent and the water is amazing. The controls and camera are really tight (except for the somewhat clunky item interface - mapping items to the d-pad would've made more sense). The charm of the characters, enemies and world is unmistakable. There is also more depth and challenge than I expected from what some people have called a "kids" game. Kids will not find this game easy. I died a couple of times against the boss at the end. Even in the demo there's opportunity for exploration in the large environments and there's a lot of item gathering which the game keeps track of (I missed a lot on my first run through). I love all the different kinds of animals running around and that you can play as. The game world felt alive and not empty like some games do.

It ran very well on my PC except that that it seemed to suffer from a very subtle choppiness/slowdown/pause in the graphics every few seconds. It was continuous and unrelated to how much was going on onscreen (my computer with a GE force 9800 can easily handle the game) so I don't know what's up with that. It's noticeable in the CG movie too. Hopefully they can patch it later. Just a minor tech issue of note.

Overall I'll be buying this for sure when it comes out.

Falkenwut
19th Aug 2009, 10:49
Just tried the demo myself. Must agree with Barkhing the game is a little hard for Children, but maybe that's coz I tried it on medium. so let's start reviewing it in a small scale:

Artwork / Graphics:
Brilliant! Although it feels a little plain, For a 7+ audience, the game is just briliant! I think this would look great on a WII console.

Voice work:
The japanese-esque english speakers have done a good job! They sound individual, and good work on their part! However I'm concerned only about the bird-people synchronisation of lips (it's not always in synch.) As for the japanese soldiers, good work! they sound like minions, good enough for me. Another concern is the patrols. They keep saying "itch, itch, itch, itch" - meaining 1,1,1,1. It would be faaar better if they would at least say "Itch, nee, zan, shee" - meaning 1,2,3,4 and repeating it.

Music:
Fitting, Can't complain!

Gameplay:
A little repetitive. Feel like a common button masher. I noticed 1/2 way that the game has elements of RPG; Very fitting! The special powers are very individualistic, none are alike, i'm impressed.

Issues encountered:
Only during installation - something reguarding directx? not sure, but it didn't stop me from installing and playing the game

Overall:
As I mentioned before, I'm a big fan of IOI and Eidos works. So I'm giving this a thumbs up. My request for fixing would be the marching audio and the lip synch. this is defenatly on my "to get" list ^^

The New Blueguy
19th Aug 2009, 12:32
Unfortunately, the demo doesn't seem to work for me. I've done two full installs without a hiccup. Each time now, I've downloaded the demo, ran a full default install to finish, and started the game. I get as far as the IO Interactive symbol and the red bar fills up, then Vista 64 says that the program has encountered a problem and prompts to close, but locks up so that I can't even press the close prompt on the message. The only to close the program has been Task Manager. This happened twice now.

I could wait for the 360 demo later or even the PS3 version tomorrow, but I have a pretty high-end system and this is really bugging me.

My specs:

CPU: i7 940 2.93GHz
RAM: 12GB RAM
GPU: 2GB ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2
Sound: Creative SB Fatality Pro

And I have DX10

Please help, it's not big deal, it's just annoying because I KNOW it should be working because this system in brand new/

Acid_Burn
19th Aug 2009, 13:11
Hm, it works fine for me even on Win7.

jaywalker2309
19th Aug 2009, 16:11
Unfortunately, the demo doesn't seem to work for me. I've done two full installs without a hiccup. Each time now, I've downloaded the demo, ran a full default install to finish, and started the game. I get as far as the IO Interactive symbol and the red bar fills up, then Vista 64 says that the program has encountered a problem and prompts to close, but locks up so that I can't even press the close prompt on the message. The only to close the program has been Task Manager. This happened twice now.

I could wait for the 360 demo later or even the PS3 version tomorrow, but I have a pretty high-end system and this is really bugging me.

My specs:

CPU: i7 940 2.93GHz
RAM: 12GB RAM
GPU: 2GB ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2
Sound: Creative SB Fatality Pro

And I have DX10

Please help, it's not big deal, it's just annoying because I KNOW it should be working because this system in brand new/

12GB of RAM!? wow thats like huge :)

Am just installing myself. lets see if can get it working for u

Try this.. edit the main.ini file and put in a line that says

resolution 1024x768

This will put it into lower resolution on start up.. see if that works..

SergioS
19th Aug 2009, 21:29
(...) It ran very well on my PC except that that it seemed to suffer from a very subtle choppiness/slowdown/pause in the graphics every few seconds. It was continuous and unrelated to how much was going on onscreen (...) It's noticeable in the CG movie too.

Unfortunately the same happens to me... I hope IO fix this in the final release :S

My PC specs:

Windows Vista x64 SP1
AMD Phenom 9650
4 GB Ram
Ati HD 4650 1Gb

Besides that glitch, the game is really "awesome" i loved the DEMO ;)

The New Blueguy
19th Aug 2009, 22:32
Heh, funny thing is, it started working without me doing a thing, but it's choppy and freezing.

The New Blueguy
19th Aug 2009, 22:37
And what happened to controller support on a 360 pad?

SergioS
19th Aug 2009, 23:58
And what happened to controller support on a 360 pad?

I played with 360 gamepad and worked perfect for me ;)

The New Blueguy
20th Aug 2009, 00:35
I have a wired MadCatz 360 Microcon, perfectly installed, works perfect with Batman: Arkham Asylum.

ZamFear
20th Aug 2009, 02:07
It ran very well on my PC except that that it seemed to suffer from a very subtle choppiness/slowdown/pause in the graphics every few seconds. It was continuous and unrelated to how much was going on onscreen (my computer with a GE force 9800 can easily handle the game) so I don't know what's up with that. It's noticeable in the CG movie too. Hopefully they can patch it later. Just a minor tech issue of note.

I had a similar issue. Solved it by setting some compatibility options on ninja.exe:

Disable visual themes
Disable desktop composition
Run this program as an administrator

Runs perfectly smooth now!

Edit: Further experimentation shows it wasn't the compatibility options at all. The problem was Vista's game explorer. If run directly from the install directory (eg c:\program files\eidos\mini ninjas\) it runs fine. If started from games explorer, it's choppy. Which makes even less sense to me. And probably still doesn't help anyone running XP.

Barkhing
20th Aug 2009, 03:18
I had a similar issue. Solved it by setting some compatibility options on ninja.exe:

Disable visual themes
Disable desktop composition
Run this program as an administrator

Runs perfectly smooth now!

Hmm... I have Windows XP and of those three, I could only find the "disable visual themes" by right clicking on the exe. Disabling that didn't solve the problem unfortunately.

RadarTrap
21st Aug 2009, 04:35
How do you do a stealth kill?

I've noticed that if you creep up behind a samurai and then attack that it only takes one hit to kill them, but there doesn't seem to be any specific animation, notification or reward for doing a 'stealth kill'. It also alerts all the other samurai around so you get seen :(. Am I missing something here?

Barkhing
21st Aug 2009, 06:03
I don't think there is any stealth kill which is kind of a shame. Makes the game a little less ninja-like IMO. It would have been nice to see more lone samurai on guard you could sneak up and dispatch. Maybe on the castle levels there will be. Or maybe IoI thought a stealth kill was too violent, or too much like Tenchu, who knows?

RadarTrap
21st Aug 2009, 06:50
Well the reason that I ask is because I remember reading this post by Jonas:

@Ninjer

Ninjas without stealth ...that would be like a skateboard without wheels. We certainly have a stealth system in the game, with complimentary stealth attacks of course :)

Falkenwut
21st Aug 2009, 10:07
Well I think stealth kills would be a bit violent... Max alternative I could think of is hiro pulling down the pants of a soldier :lmao:

Well maybe it could make more damage if u attack from behind them? it's the least thing that can be done.

Another thing I noticed from playing the game a third time.. The Tengu bird-men seem to look at everywhere else whilst talking to you... it is a little rude :rasp:

Nick@IO
21st Aug 2009, 11:44
The stealth system is pretty much as described. You sneak around in the bushes and hide to avoid people, if you want. In addition, you can sneak up behind someone and take him out. If the other guys are close by, they will be alerted. You don't get any special rewards for stealth take-outs but if you hit them, it's a one-hit takedown on most of the lower-tier enemies. Of course, you can combine your regular attacks with spikes, smoke bombs, magic and everything else for pretty devastating attacks that can easily take out large groups of samurai.

Play around with it - it's deeper than you might immediately think.

RadarTrap
21st Aug 2009, 11:53
OK no worries. Just thought I was missing something obvious.

It is a pity though. I was trying to take out a patrol without being detected. http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/218/f/7/Silent_ninja_run_of_awesomness_by_CookiemagiK.gif

Twillÿ
21st Aug 2009, 11:54
The stealth system is pretty much as described. You sneak around in the bushes and hide to avoid people, if you want. In addition, you can sneak up behind someone and take him out. If the other guys are close by, they will be alerted. You don't get any special rewards for stealth take-outs but if you hit them, it's a one-hit takedown on most of the lower-tier enemies. Of course, you can combine your regular attacks with spikes, smoke bombs, magic and everything else for pretty devastating attacks that can easily take out large groups of samurai.

Play around with it - it's deeper than you might immediately think.

Yeah, I had some fun with the numerous weapons and devices in my own way. In one group of baddies, I stayed a little bit away, stealthed, setting up a trap circle of caltrops around me, then threw a shuriken into the fray to grab their attention and they all ran towards me and well, you can imagine what they ran into. It was pretty funny seeing like 8 samurai hopping around going 'Ouch, ouch!'

Lol. I have been having fun. :rasp:

Oh and I found my way up into a part of the level I don't think was intentionally made for access. ;) I did a lot of jumping and almost made it out of the map! Hehe.

-Twillÿ

TheEndlessSword
22nd Aug 2009, 03:51
I like stealth killing one samurai and dashing away. I set caltraps in some places or throw pepper bombs at them.:whistle:

Acid_Burn
22nd Aug 2009, 07:57
I like stealth killing one samurai and dashing away. I set caltraps in some places or throw pepper bombs at them.:whistle:

Allways forgot to use caltraps :D I've never seen them in use :lol:

Falkenwut
22nd Aug 2009, 12:36
Quick question: Has anyone noticed any differences in gameplay when u possess smaller animals?
I'm specifically speaking about foxes, Chickens, Racoons, rabbits. Coz didn't see any difference when using those specific animals. It actually restricted me from fighting and caught the enemies attention much quicker.

RadarTrap
22nd Aug 2009, 13:18
The little hint in the game says that only bigger animals like wild boar, bears, pandas etc can be used to fight. As you know from the story the samurai are rounding up all the animals to turn them into samurai like themselves, so if you're a little chicken you're going to attract their attention.

Of course you can still use this to your advantage. Try laying a boobie-trap with caltrops and luring the samurai in as they try to catch you. ;)

Also, all animals seem to be able to sense collectible items like flowers and statutes. That's a pretty handy skill since some of those things can be difficult to see in the long grass, but they can be used to make magic potions.

TheEndlessSword
22nd Aug 2009, 16:05
I was trying to figure out what I could do with the animals. All I found is that anything smaller then a boar cant do much. Except the chicken, it can lay an egg:p. But Hiro cant pick it up to eat or something:mad2:

Falkenwut
22nd Aug 2009, 18:10
It would be nice if the following where placed in the game:
Fox : hides better then other animals
Chicken: flies a short distance
Rabbit: runs faster
Frog: swims?

anyways.. just throwing some ideas here... hope the devs are reading this once particularly