PDA

View Full Version : Passing the Time: In the Garden of Eden

Game Weasel
29th Jun 2009, 18:21
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, psychopaths and sociopaths, criminals and detectives!

With Batman:Arkham Asylum still over a month away, I find myself in need of a way to keep my mind of my longing for the game. Because of this, and because if I only work on one thing I eventually get sick of it, I've decided to work on a fanfic whenever I'm not working on my novel.

For this particularly story I've chosen to focus on one of Batman's more powerful but less respected villains, Poison Ivy.
I was inspired by a story I read recently on an fanfiction site featuring Killer Croc. The story was surprisingly deep, intense, and grim for something written by the average Bat fan, and it focused on a villain we don't usually get to see in the spot light.
I wanted to do the same for one of my favorites who often seems to be underestimated by both fans and writers, so I'm taking a trip deep into the darkness of Pamela Eisley's green-tinged madness.

My love for Ms. Eisley runs as deep as the redwoods roots, so I hope to do her a great deal of justice in this tail, and I invite my fellow fans here at the B:AA board to swing over to Fanfiction.net and take a look at my story: Inside Eden's Mind (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5175112/1/Inside_Edens_Mind).

My hope is to earn Pammy a few new fans with the story. If you enjoy it, please leave me a review, if you don't enjoy it leave me a review! I'm a professional writer, I'm used to criticism; as long as you can give me a constructive review (regardless of whether it was fair or negative) I will give it due thought while writing my next chapter.

A fair warning to any who read this story: I've long been fascinated by criminal psychology and the human mind in general and I won't consider this story a success unless I manage to give at least one reader a bad dream about their own garden, or perhaps get an outraged response from someone disapproving of Ivy's male-hatred and/or goddess worship.

KillerCroc
29th Jun 2009, 18:24
Pamela is respected. Very much. Killer Croc is the unrespected one, he gets the crap about Bane and him being a simple mercenary...but I will still read your story.

Ryanodamonkey
29th Jun 2009, 18:26
Nice intro you've got going there

Cant wait to read on :)

Goodmangamerguy
29th Jun 2009, 18:29
awesome!

batfan08
29th Jun 2009, 18:41
I have a question for you Game Weasal,did you get the name Dr.Birch from the Birch tree?If so,that's very intelligent writing,this being a poison ivy story and all.

EDIT:Never mind.

Riddling Artist
29th Jun 2009, 18:58
wow...that was pretty good.

batfan08
29th Jun 2009, 19:02
I thought it was great!Can't wait for part 2.

Game Weasel
29th Jun 2009, 19:22
Pamela is respected. Very much. Killer Croc is the unrespected one, he gets the crap about Bane and him being a simple mercenary...but I will still read your story.

She's respected among Bat-fans, but if you go to major comic forums like ComicsShouldBeGood or ComicBookResource there's alot less general knowledge about her. Yes, she's a villainess, yes she's one of the few true meta-humans in Batman's ranks, but most people know her more for killer flytraps and her poisonous lips, and she's become a whole lot more than that - especially in recent years.

Guessing by your handle you're a Croc fan, if you'd like that Croc story I'd be happy to provide it in PMs. I can't link it here because the site is definitely NSFW, and I was rather surprised to have a fellow Batman link me to it and say "Ignore the site it's on and just read the story" I was very glad I did. :)

Oh and Batfan08, just in case you missed it Part 2 is already up, I'm currently working on Part 03 and hope to have it up by this evening.

Zombie-Gamer
29th Jun 2009, 19:27
Coolness I love Poison Ivy, (got the Ivy figure from Hush last week). I'd like to write some Batman stuff I'll do it when I'm off of summer, aswell as the Resident Evil one I started ages ago. :D

Game Weasel
29th Jun 2009, 20:24
Do it, Zombie-gamer, do it! Never resist the compulsion to put words to paper! :D ... Or text to screen, whichever!

Zombie-Gamer
29th Jun 2009, 20:28
Do it, Zombie-gamer, do it! Never resist the compulsion to put words to paper! :D ... Or text to screen, whichever!

I will If I have the time, i'll need the practise I wanna be a games designer and writer.

KillerCroc
29th Jun 2009, 21:17
She's respected among Bat-fans, but if you go to major comic forums like ComicsShouldBeGood or ComicBookResource there's alot less general knowledge about her. Yes, she's a villainess, yes she's one of the few true meta-humans in Batman's ranks, but most people know her more for killer flytraps and her poisonous lips, and she's become a whole lot more than that - especially in recent years.

Guessing by your handle you're a Croc fan, if you'd like that Croc story I'd be happy to provide it in PMs. I can't link it here because the site is definitely NSFW, and I was rather surprised to have a fellow Batman link me to it and say "Ignore the site it's on and just read the story" I was very glad I did. :)

Oh and Batfan08, just in case you missed it Part 2 is already up, I'm currently working on Part 03 and hope to have it up by this evening. Sure send me the PM. Also, great story!

Game Weasel
29th Jun 2009, 22:11
Sure send me the PM. Also, great story!

Will do! It may take me a bit to find it again, it's been over a month since I read it. Anyone else who wants it feel free to speak up, but remember what I said, it is in an adult/erotic fanfiction site; just look past the sites other content and read this story, it's really worth the read in it's entirety.

Also, good lord I've been mispelling her name this whole time!? Where the hell did that blasted E come from!? Curse my addle-brained mind! :mad2:

Griffins22
29th Jun 2009, 22:40
Will do! It may take me a bit to find it again, it's been over a month since I read it. Anyone else who wants it feel free to speak up, but remember what I said, it is in an adult/erotic fanfiction site; just look past the sites other content and read this story, it's really worth the read in it's entirety.

Also, good lord I've been mispelling her name this whole time!? Where the hell did that blasted E come from!? Curse my addle-brained mind! :mad2:

When you find it, can you PM it to me too? Thanks in advance!

Anarchy
29th Jun 2009, 23:40
I happen to be a huge fan of this fan fic, and normally I have a hard time seeing the character in the story. But I was able to with ease I really can't wait for part 3. Would you be so kind as to send me the Croc fan fic?

Game Weasel
30th Jun 2009, 00:24
Golly you guys better adore me if I actually find this thing. I'm scouring this website trying to relocate this fic. There are wa-a-a-ay to many Batman & Robin slash fics out there... I'm starting to fear the author may have removed this fanfic from the site to keep it from being associated with all this badly written fanboy erotica... :(

sparkman2
30th Jun 2009, 00:50
me to please if u find it thanx also you guys should go to snafu-comics for cool fan stories not about batman but there still okay

The Comedian
30th Jun 2009, 01:24
Actually Ivy is one of my most appreciated of the rouges gallery. I think she could be more vile and depraved if writers took their time with her (rather than focusing on her shapely figure).

Game Weasel
30th Jun 2009, 01:34
Actually Ivy is one of my most appreciated of the rouges gallery. I think she could be more vile and depraved if writers took their time with her (rather than focusing on her shapely figure).

I would disagree about the appreciation, but then we all have different experiences between ourselves and other Bat/DC fans, personally I've found that most people I encounter know next to nothing about Ivy's capabilities and have no idea just how dangerous she actually is.

I would, however, quite agree with you that any writer that truly takes the time to make a good story with her will be able to do some very amazing, dark, and grim things.

DarkCrusader67
30th Jun 2009, 03:22
F-ing AMAZING!

DarkCrusader67
30th Jun 2009, 03:56
so when's part 3 goin up? you said later tonight?! im lookin forward to reading it!

Game Weasel
30th Jun 2009, 04:21
Hah hah, take it easy, Chum! Chapter 3 is now up... Well, sort of. I've posted it, I can't say for sure if the website will update to have it up soon, it sometiems takes up to half an hour to update things.
I write much better in the morning so I should have Chapter 4 up and maybe chapter 5 as well by noon tomorrow.

DarkCrusader67
30th Jun 2009, 05:17
so you keep saying you're currently writing these chapters but are you making it up as you go along or do you have a storyline where you've already laid out?

Game Weasel
30th Jun 2009, 14:57
so you keep saying you're currently writing these chapters but are you making it up as you go along or do you have a storyline where you've already laid out?

It's a little of Column A and a little of Column B. I find that if I plot out to much of a story then it comes out feeling forced and unnatural, but if I don't have any idea where I'm going then the tale just sort've meanders around until it loses all it's luster and intrigue and collapses face first in the dirt.

A trick of many fiction authors, myself included, is to talk with the star of their story. This is alot easier to do if the character is one you've made up yourself, allowing you to know all the ins and outs, but it's doable with a character from someone else's world.
For this story I've had times where I just sit down at the computer, I write out a question, and then I let "Ivy" answer it. I put myself as close to her mind set as I possibly can and let her provide the answers.

For example, that 'I hate dogs' bit in the story? That whole line of dialogue actually came from her 'voice' in my head suddenly going on a rant about dogs digging up flower beds, and it just made me realize it would be a great bit to add to the story. A lot of my work is really just going with the flow and running with whatever ideas pop up in my mind.

Game Weasel
30th Jun 2009, 15:37
Just a heads up for you folks, I've had a little something come up this morning so the next chapter likely won't be up till sometime in the afternoon, sorry about that!

Griffins22
30th Jun 2009, 15:46
Just a heads up for you folks, I've had a little something come up this morning so the next chapter likely won't be up till sometime in the afternoon, sorry about that!

NOOOOO!!! :mad2:

Game Weasel
30th Jun 2009, 22:26
Chapter 4 is now up, chapter 5 is currently in the works! :)

Griffins22
1st Jul 2009, 02:56
Chapter 4 is now up, chapter 5 is currently in the works! :)

Can't wait. :D

Game Weasel
1st Jul 2009, 04:08
Hah! I told you it would be done. Chapter 5 is up, and still an hour till midnight here! Told ya I'd have tow chapters up today!

Griffins22
2nd Jul 2009, 03:11
Bump.

Game Weasel
2nd Jul 2009, 03:31
Hey guys, sorry I didn't get chapter 6 up today. It's been one heck of a bad day, really so... Yeah. hopefully I should have some time to right tomorrow morning.

DarkCrusader67
2nd Jul 2009, 14:35
^^^ can't wait! take your time!

Griffins22
2nd Jul 2009, 22:14
Bump.

DarkCrusader67
3rd Jul 2009, 01:24
chapter 6?!?!? yes?!?!? tonight?!?!? awesomeness.

Game Weasel
3rd Jul 2009, 19:16
Ladies and Gents, boys and girls... Chapter 6 is up, at last!

Game Weasel
4th Jul 2009, 00:06
Chapter 7 is up too guys n ghouls! :D

DarkCrusader67
4th Jul 2009, 01:06
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

im excited btw.

Game Weasel
4th Jul 2009, 04:27
Thanks for the constant enthusiasm DC67, you've been a great reader keeping me aware that there's actually someone I'm writing for. :)

DarkCrusader67
4th Jul 2009, 05:31
omg ya totally! Poison Ivy happens to be one of my all time favorites too! overall great work btw!

DarkCrusader67
4th Jul 2009, 06:28
i loved the dream sequence in part 6, that was pretty clever!

btw, do you know of any actual batman novels? not graphic novels, like written novels.

Game Weasel
4th Jul 2009, 13:12
i loved the dream sequence in part 6, that was pretty clever!

btw, do you know of any actual batman novels? not graphic novels, like written novels.

The only one I'm aware of is No Man's Land, which I believe was written by Warren Ellis in it's novel form. I don't really recall, all I know is that My experience with No Man's Land was through the novel rather than the graphic novel, and having only my own imagination to create the images of a ravaged Gotham City made the story that much darker and unsettling.
At the time I was only about 13 or 14, if I recall properly, and there were times when my own mind would conjure an image so unsettling that I would have to stop reading sometimes for days at a time in order to muster up the will to keep going. The whole story just feels a lot darker and grimmer when you're hearing it for the first time and only your own mind can conjure visuals for it.
Although It wouldn't be quite as intimidating now that I'm older and more in control of my own imagination, I suspect the story would still be quite intense and gripping to read now, especially after witnessing things like 9/11 where we've seen first hand just how terrifying it is to watch skyscrapers tumble from the sky. I can't even begin to imagine the horror and intensity that would be felt in Gotham after the quakes brought dozens of the city's buildings down to their very foundations.

DarkCrusader67
4th Jul 2009, 18:43
sweet, ill go check it out!

Greenas
4th Jul 2009, 22:14
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, psychopaths and sociopaths, criminals and detectives!

With Batman:Arkham Asylum still over a month away, I find myself in need of a way to keep my mind of my longing for the game. Because of this, and because if I only work on one thing I eventually get sick of it, I've decided to work on a fanfic whenever I'm not working on my novel.

For this particularly story I've chosen to focus on one of Batman's more powerful but less respected villains, Poison Ivy.
I was inspired by a story I read recently on an fanfiction site featuring Killer Croc. The story was surprisingly deep, intense, and grim for something written by the average Bat fan, and it focused on a villain we don't usually get to see in the spot light.
I wanted to do the same for one of my favorites who often seems to be underestimated by both fans and writers, so I'm taking a trip deep into the darkness of Pamela Eisley's green-tinged madness.

My love for Ms. Eisley runs as deep as the redwoods roots, so I hope to do her a great deal of justice in this tail, and I invite my fellow fans here at the B:AA board to swing over to Fanfiction.net and take a look at my story: Inside Eden's Mind (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5175112/1/Inside_Edens_Mind).

My hope is to earn Pammy a few new fans with the story. If you enjoy it, please leave me a review, if you don't enjoy it leave me a review! I'm a professional writer, I'm used to criticism; as long as you can give me a constructive review (regardless of whether it was fair or negative) I will give it due thought while writing my next chapter.

A fair warning to any who read this story: I've long been fascinated by criminal psychology and the human mind in general and I won't consider this story a success unless I manage to give at least one reader a bad dream about their own garden, or perhaps get an outraged response from someone disapproving of Ivy's male-hatred and/or goddess worship.

Wow ! You are truely talented and , well , amazing .
Extremely well written :D

Game Weasel
4th Jul 2009, 23:20
Wow ! You are truely talented and , well , amazing .
Extremely well written :D

Thank you very much!

brodudeman1
6th Jul 2009, 20:20
I only read the first installment of your story but I thought it was pretty good. I loved the way you describe the way she carries heself as if a plant, which all and all is her character. Great job, cant wait to read the rest.

Game Weasel
6th Jul 2009, 20:23
Chapter 8 is finally up. Chapter 9 is in the works. :)

brodudeman1
6th Jul 2009, 20:33
Chapter 8 is finally up. Chapter 9 is in the works. :)

Awsome, I will get to reading in a little bit.

DarkCrusader67
6th Jul 2009, 21:15
awesome, can't wait!

thedarknight2016
7th Jul 2009, 00:40
do you have one on any other villians poison ivy isnt my favorite but your story is still awsome and also if your taking fan ideas if you could do one on killer croc bane or scrarecrow that would be awsome

Weatherby
7th Jul 2009, 00:44
fanfiction

http://i42.tinypic.com/2ibexhe.jpg

Sivart
7th Jul 2009, 01:32
A good fanfic.

Well... I'm impressed.

Game Weasel
7th Jul 2009, 01:49
http://i42.tinypic.com/2ibexhe.jpg

Hiya Weatherby, welcome to the forums!

... Why in the name of all things good and decent in the world are you bring Jerry Seinfeld to us?! AUGH! MY EYES!!!!

do you have one on any other villians poison ivy isnt my favorite but your story is still awsome and also if your taking fan ideas if you could do one on killer croc bane or scrarecrow that would be awsome

I might give Scarecrow a shot someday, but I'm afraid I don't do requests. I write whatever I'm inspired to write about. This Ivy story was a long time coming, the original idea for it formed in my brain over three years ago, but I was never motivated to actually write it out until recently.

I do have a couple of older stories there on my Fanfiction.net listings, they're focused on an alternate universe where Bruce and Selina eventually married and had a daughter (Helena), and Batman eventually dies in the line of duty. They aren't nearly as in depth as this one is, but they still seem to be fairly popular from those I've heard from who've read the stories.

Weatherby
7th Jul 2009, 02:02
Hiya Weatherby, welcome to the forums!

... Why in the name of all things good and decent in the world are you bring Jerry Seinfeld to us?! AUGH! MY EYES!!!!

http://i32.tinypic.com/141qjas.gif

Game Weasel
7th Jul 2009, 02:53
http://i32.tinypic.com/141qjas.gif

Aaah, there we go, now it's balanced out with some Kramer; much better my good man!

Weatherby
7th Jul 2009, 03:01
Aaah, there we go, now it's balanced out with some Kramer; much better my good man!

http://i32.tinypic.com/2ztlq1l.gif

Game Weasel
7th Jul 2009, 03:49
I want shoes that let me slide back and fourth on the floor without moving my feet...

Game Weasel
7th Jul 2009, 18:55
Chapter 9 is now up!

Game Weasel
11th Jul 2009, 06:19
Chapter 10 is finally up; I'm sorry that took so long everyone but I hope you find it worth it.

*snicker* Oh man you guys are gonna hate me... :lol:

DarkCrusader67
11th Jul 2009, 18:07
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....you're evil....

but besides that awful feeling of being left hanging in suspense at the end of that last one, i've gotta say how much i've enjoyed reading all of this! Your depth and characterization is incredible and it really shines throughout your writings. I can't wait for the next installment and I'm looking forward to anything you'll be putting out in the future after this!! Keep up the phenomenal work!!

sparkman2
11th Jul 2009, 18:11
wait its over?

Kai Rei
11th Jul 2009, 18:27
wait its over?

"Over? Why my dear delusional dark knight. It hasnt even begun. Hahahahahahaha!"

CaptainMcMulla
11th Jul 2009, 19:17
"Over? Why my dear delusional dark knight. It hasnt even begun. Hahahahahahaha!"
:lol:

Game Weasel
11th Jul 2009, 19:27
wait its over?

Goodness, mercy me, no! As our friends above me said... It hasn't even begun! :lmao:

sparkman2
11th Jul 2009, 20:26
lol thanx i was gettin interested in it

Game Weasel
12th Jul 2009, 21:02
A few folks sent me PMs asking for links to my story so I'm bumping this up.
Chapter 11 will be up shortly, I'm on the last few paragraphs now.

Game Weasel
12th Jul 2009, 21:27
Chapter 11 is up, featuring this evening's special guest, Dr. Jonathan Crane... ;)

DarkCrusader67
12th Jul 2009, 22:36
OH MY EFFFING GOD THAT WAS EPIC!!!!! The dialogue was sooo friggin amazing!!! I was literally glued to my computer reading that!!! I didn't want to blink!!! Once again Game Weasel, absolutely INCREDIBLE work!! Can't wait for chapter 12!!!!

Game Weasel
12th Jul 2009, 22:46
OH MY EFFFING GOD THAT WAS EPIC!!!!! The dialogue was sooo friggin amazing!!! I was literally glued to my computer reading that!!! I didn't want to blink!!! Once again Game Weasel, absolutely INCREDIBLE work!! Can't wait for chapter 12!!!!

Wow... Well thank you! :flowers:
I'm really pleased to know you enjoyed it so much, I hope chapter 12 will be able to earn that kind of praise! :)

DarkCrusader67
12th Jul 2009, 22:49
Wow... Well thank you! :flowers:
I'm really pleased to know you enjoyed it so much, I hope chapter 12 will be able to earn that kind of praise! :)

oh ya im sure it will!! i haven't been disappointing yet at all!! I can't wait to read what happens next!! btw, you should send a shout out for me in your next chapter since i'm like your number one fan right now!!!!!! :D

brodudeman1
13th Jul 2009, 00:24
Sorry I have not been able to read in awhile but I just got do the third installment and it is wonderful. I am going to finish the rest of it tonight because I am just clued to this now. I am excited to see how this turns out, Amazing work!

Game Weasel
13th Jul 2009, 02:31
Sorry I have not been able to read in awhile but I just got do the third installment and it is wonderful. I am going to finish the rest of it tonight because I am just clued to this now. I am excited to see how this turns out, Amazing work!

Thank you sir, I'm glad you like it!

Griffins22
13th Jul 2009, 21:35
Keep it up, can't wait for the next chapter.

Game Weasel
13th Jul 2009, 21:52
Thanks Griff! I hope to be able to get chapter 12 up today or tomorrow. :)

KnowHowIGotTheseScars?
13th Jul 2009, 21:54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ9w1TNEcFo

Game Weasel
13th Jul 2009, 21:57
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ9w1TNEcFo

O.o
Well... Yes that is a nice video, but I think most of us have seen it.. and I'm not sure what it has to do with my story! :p
Mis-post I'm guessing??

brodudeman1
13th Jul 2009, 23:25
Once again amazing job! I never liked the Scare Crow that much but because of your story I see him more then just a villian. I would like to ask you if you had to do research on paganism and some of the history of your story? Also adding that I like to read but only from about 3 Authors but I can honestly say you are a new one because of your depth of discription. Cant wait for 12!

Game Weasel
14th Jul 2009, 00:16
Once again amazing job! I never liked the Scare Crow that much but because of your story I see him more then just a villian. I would like to ask you if you had to do research on paganism and some of the history of your story? Also adding that I like to read but only from about 3 Authors but I can honestly say you are a new one because of your depth of discription. Cant wait for 12!

I've been a practicing pagan from the age of 9 so... I suppose on the one hand no research was necessary because I already knew what I was writing about, and on the other a lot of research was necessary when I was first learning about my chosen faith. :p

brodudeman1
14th Jul 2009, 00:22
I've been a practicing pagan from the age of 9 so... I suppose on the one hand no research was necessary because I already knew what I was writing about, and on the other a lot of research was necessary when I was first learning about my chosen faith. :p

Awsome, I was just wondering because of how well everything fit so well. I also like history and Greek Mythology and how it was added was great!

Game Weasel
14th Jul 2009, 00:26
Awsome, I was just wondering because of how well everything fit so well. I also like history and Greek Mythology and how it was added was great!

Thanks! I've been trying to make this flow as well as possible between the comic world and reality to try and give it a bit more of a kick. :D

harley quinn 1990
15th Jul 2009, 06:46
your story is very interesting! ive been hooked!

Game Weasel
15th Jul 2009, 15:12
Thank you! I'll try to get chapter 12 to you all today, folks.

Griffins22
17th Jul 2009, 21:43
Bump.

DarkCrusader67
18th Jul 2009, 05:36
Bump.

you're gonna get like marked points or something for bumping... i did it and i got in trouble :eek:

Game Weasel
18th Jul 2009, 21:22
Chapter 12 coming at gals and ghouls. :lol:

joker4eva
18th Jul 2009, 22:01
just read chapter 12 what is it with u and cliffhangers:)same story again finish 1 chapter cant wait for the next keep up the good work

Game Weasel
19th Jul 2009, 01:25
just read chapter 12 what is it with u and cliffhangers:)same story again finish 1 chapter cant wait for the next keep up the good work

Cliff hangers ensure the reader keeps coming back to find out what happens next; I've found it's the best way to maintain a steady reading audience when posting a story chapter by chapter. ;)

Turn and Face the Strange
19th Jul 2009, 14:52
I am HOOKED to this story!

Although, can I say: Once this is finished, you should seriously consider a Crane/Scarecrow fic. You NAILED the character in that chapter. Just CREEPY!
Just a thought.

Game Weasel
19th Jul 2009, 15:08
I am HOOKED to this story!

Although, can I say: Once this is finished, you should seriously consider a Crane/Scarecrow fic. You NAILED the character in that chapter. Just CREEPY!
Just a thought.

Hmm, with a name like yours I suspected a request for Two-Face or MAd Hatter. :p
You may get a Scarecrow fic out of me, though it likely wouldn't arrive till closer to Halloween.

Those of you wishing to keep up with any future stories I do, if you join Fanfiction.net you can add me as a 'Favorite Writer' and the site will send you an e-mail notice any time I post a new chapter or a new story; it'll be a good way to keep track of my work once posts on this forum have slowed down.

DarkCrusader67
19th Jul 2009, 18:03
Those of you wishing to keep up with any future stories I do, if you join Fanfiction.net you can add me as a 'Favorite Writer' and the site will send you an e-mail notice any time I post a new chapter or a new story; it'll be a good way to keep track of my work once posts on this forum have slowed down.

sounds awesome, i'll definitely do that

KillerCroc
19th Jul 2009, 18:14
Game Weasel, how long does the story last? How many chapters will you do?

19th Jul 2009, 18:16
Hmm, with a name like yours I suspected a request for Two-Face or MAd Hatter. :p
You may get a Scarecrow fic out of me, though it likely wouldn't arrive till closer to Halloween.

Of course not, it's Scarecrow!

Will do.

scarecrow22
19th Jul 2009, 18:39
Ahh holy crap you nailed my favorite villain, nice job, im diggin the story

Game Weasel
19th Jul 2009, 22:49
Game Weasel, how long does the story last? How many chapters will you do?
To quote one of my favorite writing instructors: "Never designate how long a story will be, just write until the story is complete."

A good example of this is J.K. Rowling's work in Harry Potter. She decided on seven books, for the seven years Potter would spend in school. As a result, you can very easily recognize when she hits lulls in her writing, and when a chapter is filler, because she had to have seven books and her publisher's pushed her to make each book longer than the last one. This resulted in a severe decline in the quality of writing; while the story remained entertaining the quality of the actual writing in the latter half of book five, book six, and book seven, took a hit.

Right now I expect my story will be somewhere around 20 chapters, possibly 22 or 23; in which case I'll probably find a way to stretch it out a bit to have an even set like 25.

Game Weasel
20th Jul 2009, 05:06
Chapter 13 is up!

Game Weasel
20th Jul 2009, 06:52
Chapter 14 is up now, too. ;)

joker4eva
20th Jul 2009, 19:34
just read 13 14 im so hooked on this story u got some skills:)

20th Jul 2009, 20:01
Cool! Oracle, Batman, Robin and Catwoman all got their own chapter (kind of). Is Ivy really merciful to 'good' humans? Is she willing to rehabilitate - once released, she would be forbidden to use her plant-powers, probably. Would she do it? Is it a trick? Will she free the inmates? Will she destroy Gotham? Will she actually get out at all? Will she and Batman duel to the death in the dark at dusk?

MORE!

DarkCrusader67
21st Jul 2009, 00:09
Will she and Batman duel to the death in the dark at dusk?
MORE!

Maybe she'll dance with the devil in the pale moonlight

Game Weasel
21st Jul 2009, 02:54
Cool! Oracle, Batman, Robin and Catwoman all got their own chapter (kind of). Is Ivy really merciful to 'good' humans? Is she willing to rehabilitate - once released, she would be forbidden to use her plant-powers, probably. Would she do it? Is it a trick? Will she free the inmates? Will she destroy Gotham? Will she actually get out at all? Will she and Batman duel to the death in the dark at dusk?

MORE!

Some right theories, some wrong theories in there. For one, Catwoman has not been mentioned at all in the story thus far. She is not one of the referenced names in the notices the Boss put out for Oracle and the team. ;)

Here's a new one for you, readers! I put a couple of names into certain areas of the e-mails where there should not be names. Can any of you find them?

DarkCrusader67
21st Jul 2009, 08:50
Here's a new one for you, readers! I put a couple of names into certain areas of the e-mails where there should not be names. Can any of you find them?

i don't get it... what do you mean by putting a couple of names into certain areas of the emails???

Game Weasel
21st Jul 2009, 13:26
i don't get it... what do you mean by putting a couple of names into certain areas of the emails???

Well if I told you it would make the challenge sort've pointless now wouldn't it? :p

DarkCrusader67
21st Jul 2009, 18:37
okay so i know we got...

O-Oracle
BG-Batgirl
R-Robin
B-Batman
GL-Green Lantern?

am i suppose to find someone else?

Game Weasel
21st Jul 2009, 20:01
okay so i know we got...

O-Oracle
BG-Batgirl
R-Robin
B-Batman
GL-Green Lantern?

am i suppose to find someone else?

You deduced the shorthand names well, but those aren't the hidden names. :lol: Keep hunting, they're actually quite obvious.
HINT: Think like Oracle.

GenericAmerican
21st Jul 2009, 21:46
is says "Encryption P0151N1V3" at the top. P0151n1V3="Poisonive"

Game Weasel
21st Jul 2009, 22:28
is says "Encryption P0151N1V3" at the top. P0151n1V3="Poisonive"

Well done; you found it!
The First is Poison IvE, then Barbara, and the final was Barbara.IvE

DarkCrusader67
22nd Jul 2009, 05:25
Well done; you found it!
The First is Poison IvE, then Barbara, and the final was Barbara.IvE

oh wow... i didn't know that was hidden... i read that the very first time i read it!!!!!

Game Weasel
22nd Jul 2009, 14:12
oh wow... i didn't know that was hidden... i read that the very first time i read it!!!!!

Heh heh heh. As they saying goes "The very best secrets are the ones hiding in plain sight." I let numerous reader's know about this through IMs or e-mail, Generic American is the first to outright declare what it is, and your the first to have noticed it on your first reading. Well done! :p

Game Weasel
23rd Jul 2009, 16:23
Chapter 15 is up! Enter, Dr. Arkham! :lol:

Game Weasel
25th Jul 2009, 14:45
Chapter 16 is go!

Game Weasel
1st Aug 2009, 15:37
Sorry it's taking awhile to get 17 up guys, real life's kept me busy as I prepare for the upcoming semester.
I should have the chapter up by the end of the day, I'll let you know when I've posted it!

Game Weasel
2nd Aug 2009, 16:59
Finally, chapter 17 is up! So sorry for the long wait folks, I've had terrible writer's block this week!

Game Weasel
3rd Aug 2009, 00:26
No comments on 16 or 17!? Oh dear, I hope I haven't lost my audience! :(
I know it has taken awhile to get there but the action of the story is soon to occur. As a teaser, the truth behind Ivy's childhood is finally revealed in the upcoming chapter 18, which I am editing now and will be posting later this evening!!

sd921
3rd Aug 2009, 00:30
No comments on 16 or 17!? Oh dear, I hope I haven't lost my audience! :(
I know it has taken awhile to get there but the action of the story is soon to occur. As a teaser, the truth behind Ivy's childhood is finally revealed in the upcoming chapter 18, which I am editing now and will be posting later this evening!!

i wouldnt worry, i bet people have read them but are preoccupied with the upcoming demo news and viral marketing to post ive read them, trully amazing writing:thumb:

GenericAmerican
3rd Aug 2009, 00:32
awsomenessoscity!!!

Game Weasel
3rd Aug 2009, 00:54
Thanks you two, as long as I know someone's still reading I have reason to keep writing! :)

Why So Serious ?
3rd Aug 2009, 00:55
you should try to get something published

DrDoom
3rd Aug 2009, 01:15
After reading a couple chapters from this I'm just waiting for the moment when Ivy turns around and shows she's just using this doctor.

Game Weasel
3rd Aug 2009, 02:06
you should try to get something published

It's more goal to do so before the end of the year. I've had a few editorials published in the paper. and I've won a couple of writing championships here in Texas but I've not found the right place to publish the sort of work I do when it comes to original fiction.

You are as wise as your name sake, Doom! :p

scarecrow22
3rd Aug 2009, 05:31
i love you...
that paging dr. crane chapter was sooooo good
definately captured the scarecrow with that one

Game Weasel
3rd Aug 2009, 05:33
i love you...
that paging dr. crane chapter was sooooo good
definately captured the scarecrow with that one

I'm thrilled to see people enjoyed my scarecrow chapter so much. Definitely inspires me to do some work with 'Crow sometimes around Halloween.. Probably have to get it started soon though so that it is ready in time!

scarecrow22
3rd Aug 2009, 05:35
I'm thrilled to see people enjoyed my scarecrow chapter so much. Definitely inspires me to do some work with 'Crow sometimes around Halloween.. Probably have to get it started soon though so that it is ready in time!
if you do that wil you send me a pm so i can read it?

Game Weasel
3rd Aug 2009, 05:40
If you sign up for Fanfiction.net you can assign my author pen name as one of your favorite authors and the system will automatically inform you any time I post a new story OR a chapter of a story, this will let you keep up with the current Ivy tale and will also notify you when I begin posting chapters for the Scarecrow story. :)

scarecrow22
3rd Aug 2009, 05:41
If you sign up for Fanfiction.net you can assign my author pen name as one of your favorite authors and the system will automatically inform you any time I post a new story OR a chapter of a story, this will let you keep up with the current Ivy tale and will also notify you when I begin posting chapters for the Scarecrow story. :)

consider it done :D

Game Weasel
3rd Aug 2009, 05:58
By the way just a heads up for everyone. I do intend to go back and edit all these chapters, I've learned a few new tricks in the process of writing this story. Once I've actually written the whole story I will go back and put the polish to it, and I may even add some bits and pieces here and there.

There are, currently, several "deleted" scenes that I decided to leave out of the story in the interest of keeping it rated Teen. Once I've completed the tale I will most likely go back, change the rating, and add the scenes back into the story.

DarkCrusader67
3rd Aug 2009, 06:40
By the way just a heads up for everyone. I do intend to go back and edit all these chapters, I've learned a few new tricks in the process of writing this story. Once I've actually written the whole story I will go back and put the polish to it, and I may even add some bits and pieces here and there.

There are, currently, several "deleted" scenes that I decided to leave out of the story in the interest of keeping it rated Teen. Once I've completed the tail I will most likely go back, change the rating, and add the scenes back into the story.

that sounds siiick

Game Weasel
3rd Aug 2009, 06:54
Chapter 18 is up, and I am off to bed, g'night folks!

sd921
3rd Aug 2009, 07:21
woo hoo 18:D im going to read it now

Game Weasel
3rd Aug 2009, 14:12
Hope you like it SD!
By the way folks, once again, I encourage and welcome comments from people! If there's something inparticular you like, or something you really didn't understand, let me know. If there's a character you think I'm not portraying properly, tell me.
All of this can still be useful to me for future chapters and for when I go back to edit, polish and post the 'deluxe edition' of the story. :)
Also, a big thanks to Drazar for renaming my thread for me to better reflect what it's about!

GenericAmerican
3rd Aug 2009, 22:33
Awsomenessoscity

Griffins22
4th Aug 2009, 00:08
Nice to see this is still going after my abscence.

DarkCrusader67
4th Aug 2009, 00:29
i like the new name of the thread. the other one was too plain... this is a deserving thread

scarecrow22
4th Aug 2009, 00:31
Awsomenessoscity
couldnt have said it better myself

Game Weasel
4th Aug 2009, 13:18
i like the new name of the thread. the other one was too plain... this is a deserving thread

Thanks Crusader, I agree it wasn't really fitting.
Unfortunately I made the thread before I thought of a name for the fanfic; it was one of those bad moments in marketing when you realize your title is horrible for catching the attention of your desired audience. :p

Game Weasel
6th Aug 2009, 13:26
A heads up of what's to come! I've already done a Scarecrow guest chapter. The upcoming chapter 19 will be focused on Harley Quinn, so all you Harley fans can have something to look forward to accompanying the demo this weekend! :)

joker4eva
9th Aug 2009, 14:44
am still reading them and enjoying them very much harley quin chapter cant wait

Game Weasel
9th Aug 2009, 16:02
I hope to have it up by this evening. I ended up spending my weekend painting a bedroom so I've not had a lot of free time to write. :(

DarkCrusader67
9th Aug 2009, 18:01
^^^ it's all good, take your time and just make em quality and don't rush!! i know it'll be awesome as always!!

Blind1385
10th Aug 2009, 00:25
I just stumbled onto this thread and began reading and it is fantastic. Keep up the awesome work. It just keeps getting better and better

Scirax
10th Aug 2009, 01:02
SPLENDID work my friend, I was really skeptical at first but hey, THIS STUFF IS GOOD!
Im on CH3 right now, but I'll DEFINETLY keep going.

Riddler's Rampage
10th Aug 2009, 01:40
This story is fantastic! You've really captured isley's character well! I'm just wondering if what her father said in chapter 18 is real backstory. Either way this is turning out great! Keep up the awsome work! :thumb: And i put that in spoiler tags because someone might not have read it yet. Didn't want to ruin it for anyone.

Game Weasel
10th Aug 2009, 07:00
This story is fantastic! You've really captured isley's character well! I'm just wondering if what her father said in chapter 18 is real backstory. Either way this is turning out great! Keep up the awsome work! :thumb: And i put that in spoiler tags because someone might not have read it yet. Didn't want to ruin it for anyone.

Thanks for using the tags; and I'm not telling you a thing about whether it is or isn't true.

All I'll say is, DC has never given Ivy and a official backstory except to say that she came from family of wealth and privilege; with that in mind you can be fairly safe assuming those aspects are true.

Sorry I couldn't get chapter 19 up tonight guys. Sometimes lifes a <expletive deleted>. I hope to have the chapter up tomorrow morning, it's almost done.

CameO73
10th Aug 2009, 12:32
Just want to say I really enjoyed your story so far. I'm not reading much these days, but I read through 18 chapters without a pause. I'm really looking forward to the next chapters!

Jackster
10th Aug 2009, 12:56
Just want to say I really enjoyed your story so far. I'm not reading much these days, but I read through 18 chapters without a pause. I'm really looking forward to the next chapters!

Same here...To be honest I was surprised how into it I got. The first few chapters it was obvious that it was a fan fiction but as I read on I got more and more into the story and now Im hanging out for the new chapter...Awesome stuff man great read

Riddler's Rampage
10th Aug 2009, 15:57
Thanks for using the tags; and I'm not telling you a thing about whether it is or isn't true.

All I'll say is, DC has never given Ivy and a official backstory except to say that she came from family of wealth and privilege; with that in mind you can be fairly safe assuming those aspects are true.

Sorry I couldn't get chapter 19 up tonight guys. Sometimes lifes a <expletive deleted>. I hope to have the chapter up tomorrow morning, it's almost done.

Thx for telling me. I wonder why they didn't give her a full back story. Well since this story is all coming from you, i say that you are very Imaginative! I will be keeping up with your story.

Game Weasel
10th Aug 2009, 19:23
Same here...To be honest I was surprised how into it I got. The first few chapters it was obvious that it was a fan fiction but as I read on I got more and more into the story and now Im hanging out for the new chapter...Awesome stuff man great read

So tell me how to improve it! :) Tell me what would make those first few chapters less "batman fanfic" and more "batman story" my biggest goal here is to try and avoid the traps of cliche fanfic writing. :)

CameO73
13th Aug 2009, 15:07
Any ETA on chapter 19? I thought it was going to be up in a day or two?

No rush though!

batmanthedarkknight
13th Aug 2009, 17:17
This story is amazing, i can't wait for the next chapter

Clown Prince Of Crime
13th Aug 2009, 17:27
Game Weasel you have put so much time,effort and imagination into this story.

I've never liked Ms.Ivy but this story has made me into a fan.

You've done an excellent job so far !

Congrats :thumb:

Game Weasel
13th Aug 2009, 20:14
Game Weasel you have put so much time,effort and imagination into this story.

I've never liked Ms.Ivy but this story has made me into a fan.

You've done an excellent job so far !

Congrats :thumb:

Well that makes it all worth while!! :D

Sorry for the delays guys and gals. Chapter 19 has been a real pest for me.. I'm rewriting it AGAIN today, this is the fourth time now. Getting this to come out the way I want is becoming quite challenging.
Harley is actually proving to be one of the most difficult characters I've ever had to write, trying to mix between fanatic loyalty, humor, psychosis, and psychiatric intelligence has been extremely difficult, far more than I anticipated. I'd never really contemplated how complex a character she really is till I started trying to write a chapter focused upon her.
I hopefully will have it done by the weekend, I've got alot of free time over the next few days so I should be solid to work on it.

Resolve
13th Aug 2009, 20:18
Awesome.

vinny d123
13th Aug 2009, 20:28
i liked it alot. thought it would be some stupid kiddy story

Clown Prince Of Crime
13th Aug 2009, 20:35
Can't wait for Chapter 19 !

Game Weasel
14th Aug 2009, 00:17
i liked it alot. thought it would be some stupid kiddy story

You want stupid kiddie stories (or just to laugh at horrible fanfiction?) I've still got stories from back when I was a kid up there written about the Super Smash Bros series.
The stuff I have there is horrible fanfiction... I should take it all down, or at least edit it for grammar and composition, but I don't... And I STILL get positive reviews for it (why that is I have no idea, it's all rubbish.)

DarkCrusader67
14th Aug 2009, 04:34
You want stupid kiddie stories (or just to laugh at horrible fanfiction?) I've still got stories from back when I was a kid up there written about the Super Smash Bros series.
The stuff I have there is horrible fanfiction... I should take it all down, or at least edit it for grammar and composition, but I don't... And I STILL get positive reviews for it (why that is I have no idea, it's all rubbish.)

hahaha at least your honest right?!

and everyone has to start somewhere!!

joker4eva
16th Aug 2009, 19:24
any update on the new chapter

Game Weasel
17th Aug 2009, 04:33
Chapter 19 is up.
I'm still not all together happy with it; but it will do. I knew if I dwelled on it any longer I'd just end up giving up on it and abadoning the project.
When I go back over the story and add in the new content and details I will probably re-write chapter 19 entirely.

sd921
17th Aug 2009, 04:37
Chapter 19 is up.
I'm still not all together happy with it; but it will do. I knew if I dwelled on it any longer I'd just end up giving up on it and abadoning the project.
When I go back over the story and add in the new content and details I will probably re-write chapter 19 entirely./

reading it now:)

Caanos
17th Aug 2009, 04:48
I like it. Read all of it (except Ch. 19) in one sitting. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see more.

joker4eva
21st Aug 2009, 12:33
read chapter 19 i liked it any hints about the next one

Riddler's Rampage
31st Aug 2009, 20:01
I wasn't on the fourms for a while and couldn't find this thread and really wanted to see if Chapter 19 was up yet, then today i remembered the search button! Now i will bring this thread back to the first page with my magical reply! Alakazanbongodingdangleyugoslavia........did it work?
PS: i liked chapter 19, not as good as the rest but still good!:D

Game Weasel
14th Sep 2009, 16:52
Hah! You thought it was over didn't you? You thought I'd lost myself in the Asylum and the final act of this story would never again see the light of day!

Well my dear demented friends, you were WRONG!
Chapter 20 is up, chapter 21 should be soon to follow, barring any collegiate entanglements.

Game Weasel
18th Sep 2009, 18:11
Just to let you all know, 21 is still in the works, but my mother board has been fried so I've had to devote the past few days more to deciding what sort of replacement I want and how I'm going to afford it rather than to working on the story. I hope to have the next chapter up by the end of the weekend!

Riddler's Rampage
19th Sep 2009, 15:16
Hah! You thought it was over didn't you? You thought I'd lost myself in the Asylum and the final act of this story would never again see the light of day!

Well my dear demented friends, you were WRONG!
Chapter 20 is up, chapter 21 should be soon to follow, barring any collegiate entanglements.

LOL:lmao::lol::lmao::lol:
Gonna check out chapter 20 now.

Game Weasel
21st Sep 2009, 17:24
Chapter 21 is now up. :D

Game Weasel
7th Oct 2009, 14:56
Chapter 22 is up. Sorry for the long wait! :)

Game Weasel
3rd Feb 2010, 03:29
Got an IM today asking me to bump up the topic.
This will probably be the last time I do since I'm just putting update status in my sig now. :p

LIGHTS
6th Feb 2010, 00:46
:thumb: