PDA

View Full Version : When new Tomb Raider will be released? ;)

shaq
27th Jun 2009, 16:37
When new Tomb Raider will be released? ;) What will be new there? ;)

jayjay119
27th Jun 2009, 16:43
According to the head honcho at Eidos, I forget his name. A new TR game is already in production and set for release 'some time in 2010.' No new info other than that this game will make you go 'Oh Lara i love you' has been released yet. Sorry.

Gitb97
27th Jun 2009, 16:50
we will be able to drive a jeep :)

Mr Croft
27th Jun 2009, 19:55
we will be able to drive a jeep :)

How on earth do you know that? :lol:

lilhanhan
27th Jun 2009, 20:11

I'm wondering about that as well! ^.^;

Rexie
27th Jun 2009, 20:39
TR9 is set to be released in the same days as The Ring Three.

IvanaKC
27th Jun 2009, 21:10
I'm wondering about that as well! ^.^;

it was on www.tombraiderchronicles.com

angelus0901
27th Jun 2009, 21:50
I hope there will be our beloved bike as well... ;)

Gitb97
27th Jun 2009, 22:20

www.tombraiderchronicles.com ^.^;

_Love2Raid_
27th Jun 2009, 22:22
Where does it say it will be featured in the next game, because I really don't see it. :confused:

It would be cool though, even though I prefer the bike. :)

Mr Croft
27th Jun 2009, 22:34
Lol, they just said the jeep from the Tomb Raider movie is going to be in a show.

Link: http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3652.html

lilhanhan
27th Jun 2009, 23:09
It says that the Jeep is from the first film, not the new game. ^.^;

_Love2Raid_
27th Jun 2009, 23:59
Lol, they just said the jeep from the Tomb Raider movie is going to be in a show.

Link: http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3652.html

Exactly!

:o

Gitb97
28th Jun 2009, 00:08
oh okay. my missunderstanding

shaq
28th Jun 2009, 20:24
According to the head honcho at Eidos, I forget his name. A new TR game is already in production and set for release 'some time in 2010.' No new info other than that this game will make you go 'Oh Lara i love you' has been released yet. Sorry.

...so about 2010. Probably late 2010... Thanks. :thumb:

LC is Me
28th Jun 2009, 21:11
I think it's a bit early to be talking new TR.

They are saying 2010, but I'm thinking it should be 2011 just so they can work on what needs to be worked on to ensure that it "sells" to the company's liking [[not sure if TR should be pleasing Eidos' people, that is if any of them will still be around much longer, or Squeenix]].

jayjay119
28th Jun 2009, 22:16
I agree with you LC is me. TRU was in development for 4 years and that was still underdone, so only a year to fix everything design everything and create a new story seems a bit tight to do efficiently.

However the fact that the new game was announced so soon after the release of TRU. that Ian Lindstrom [head honcho guy at eidos, i remembered] said 'were working on something that will make you go 'oh lara i love you' in this game' and the fact that Eidos cut so many people from CD when they are just starting 2 new projects makes me think that they have been working on this for a while now!

Is it possible that the recent trilogy was only a starting block to gage the fans' reactions, what they were doing wrong whilst all the time preparing and constantly changing another TR project Leaving all that is left to do in the next year an a half being fine tuning and promotion?

LARALOVERnr1
30th Jun 2009, 08:43
maybe they are gonna release new info at the Keulen Game Conference(or something like that...:) )

TRA_Abomination
30th Jun 2009, 19:10
I think it's a bit early to be talking new TR.

They are saying 2010, but I'm thinking it should be 2011 just so they can work on what needs to be worked on to ensure that it "sells" to the company's liking [[not sure if TR should be pleasing Eidos' people, that is if any of them will still be around much longer, or Squeenix]].

I agree. I am just praying, literally, that they don't make the same mistakes they did with Underworld, rush things, etc. But most importantly (honestly): Don't make other platform versions superior than others!!! (I'm still mad about the XBOX 360 people having a chance to play the real endings of Underworld, and not to mention how poorly developed the Wii version was. I just hope the Wii version is not overlooked this time, or I'm a gonner!)

Flintmelody
30th Jun 2009, 20:41
I agree with you LC is me. TRU was in development for 4 years and that was still underdone, so only a year to fix everything design everything and create a new story seems a bit tight to do efficiently.

However the fact that the new game was announced so soon after the release of TRU. that Ian Lindstrom [head honcho guy at eidos, i remembered] said 'were working on something that will make you go 'oh lara i love you' in this game' and the fact that Eidos cut so many people from CD when they are just starting 2 new projects makes me think that they have been working on this for a while now!

TRU was bad in vision. The construction seemed fantastic more just the ideas that went wrong. After low sales for TRA and critisms of TRU I think CD are out to prove very quickly how good their games can be. Good on them for it in my oppinion. They just have to be very careful of the pitfalls if they are doing it quickly.

Greenas
30th Jun 2009, 22:08
New story , completely new gameplay elements , same old lara , bye bye all old characters (hopefully) , and hello lots of new charcters , maybe anya should make an appearence too . Also i want Zip to be there with winston , hopefully alistar could be alive but seriously injured or something .

jayjay119
1st Jul 2009, 13:46
No old characters but you want Zip, Anaya, Winston and Alistair (who is dead) there? Thats a bit of a flaw lol

TRA_Abomination
1st Jul 2009, 18:58
No old characters but you want Zip, Anaya, Winston and Alistair (who is dead) there? Thats a bit of a flaw lol

lol the irony of the comment is funny:lol: