PDA

View Full Version : Online/Beta

Benn
27th Jun 2009, 14:25
I know this game isn't released until 2010, but will there be multi-player functionality or even Co-Op.
And do you think there will be a beta for the game on/offline mode.
Thanks

PoorBison
28th Jun 2009, 09:45
No, Avalanche stated in one of the very first previews for this game that no online would be present, the reason being that "the island isn't large enough for two Ricos".

And there will be a beta, yes. I highly doubt though that anybody outside of Avalanche or Eidos will ever see it.

Helegad
29th Jun 2009, 03:28
I think that's a typo. It's more like "the island is too large for two Ricos".

PoorBison
3rd Jul 2009, 02:46
The lack of online doesn't concern me that much, I've been playing online for a while now with other games and I am simply bored of it. I've decided I'd rather concentrate on the game experience that the developers designed for us, which is how the roots of gaming came about.

The_Dead
3rd Jul 2009, 03:50
Thats true, but once you beat the game, its always fun to mess around online with friends.

Gfault
15th Jul 2009, 18:45
once you beat the game, its always fun to mess around online with friends.

To be honest, this is not always true. I'm actually glad that online multiplayer isn't included in Just Cause 2.

dark_angel_7
16th Jul 2009, 09:17
The lack of online doesn't concern me that much, I've been playing online for a while now with other games and I am simply bored of it. I've decided I'd rather concentrate on the game experience that the developers designed for us, which is how the roots of gaming came about.

Well said. Eidos is known to make good single-player games and I would not want them and Avalanche focusing on poor online elements tacked on to please the minority.

FOBfan1995
16th Jul 2009, 19:25
it would be pretty cool to grapple a buddy to a car and take it for a spin though. Personally, I think it would be awesome of they would have had split-screen just like DAH 2. That would be so fun.

VanZarko
16th Jul 2009, 22:13
Thats true, but once you beat the game, its always fun to mess around online with friends.

you got a point there too :) for example GTA IV after you beat the original and The Lost and Damned there is nothing else to do but to play online on Free Mode or some Ranked Match fun :D:nut::friends::group_hug:

PoorBison
19th Jul 2009, 07:18
Well, you could always go around killing the pigeons and doing stunt jumps.

GTA started off in an offline environment, its a shame that online detracts from that in such a way.

00rouchy00
27th Jul 2009, 13:57
I know this game isn't released until 2010, but will there be multi-player functionality or even Co-Op.
Thanks
no i was watching a intervierw with the producer he said they have focused all there atention on the single player campaign and quoted that the world isnt big enough for 2 ricos..... but at least the single player will BE AWSOME!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:thumb::thumb::nut::nut::nut::eek::eek::eek::eek::p:p:p:confused::confused::rasp::rasp:;););)

chain94
13th Aug 2009, 21:22
what does beta mean?

chip5541
13th Aug 2009, 23:37
DEFINITION - In software development, a beta test is the second phase of software testing in which a sampling of the intended audience tries the product out. (Beta is the second letter of the Greek alphabet.) Originally, the term alpha test meant the first phase of testing in a software development process. The first phase includes unit testing, component testing, and system testing. Beta testing can be considered "pre-release testing."

PoorBison
14th Aug 2009, 01:10
no i was watching a intervierw with the producer he said they have focused all there atention on the single player campaign and quoted that the world isnt big enough for 2 ricos..... but at least the single player will BE AWSOME!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:thumb::thumb::nut::nut::nut::eek::eek::eek::eek::p:p:p:confused::confused::rasp::rasp:;););)6 big smiles, two thumbs up, 3 'nut' smileys, 4 eeks, 3 tounge-in-cheek smileys, two confused faces, two raspberries and three winks.

Was all that really necessary?

jhonny cage
10th Feb 2010, 02:46
6 big smiles, two thumbs up, 3 'nut' smileys, 4 eeks, 3 tounge-in-cheek smileys, two confused faces, two raspberries and three winks.

Was all that really necessary?

:lmao::lmao::lol:

LIGHTS
10th Feb 2010, 02:48
Ha!

I bet it was.

PoorBison
10th Feb 2010, 04:43
:lmao::lmao::lol:Wow, way to revive a 6 month old thread :rolleyes: :p

awesome_man
10th Feb 2010, 14:19
Thanks

Now Benn, there is a simplae answer for this.......NO!