PDA

View Full Version : Stealth?

moonlooped
26th Jun 2009, 01:21
Hi,

Isn't the whole point of being a ninja stealth? Will there be many elements of stealth in this game?

Thanks,

-Moonlooped

Nick@IO
26th Jun 2009, 08:51
Hi,

Isn't the whole point of being a ninja stealth? Will there be many elements of stealth in this game?

Thanks,

-Moonlooped

Indeed, ninjas are stealthy by nature and you will indeed be able to liberate animals and take out samurai by being stealthy in Mini Ninjas. You can crawl through the grass, sneak up and take enemies down from behind, use smoke bombs and similar things for sure.

curiousgerbil
3rd Jul 2009, 12:23
[QUOTE=Nick@IO;1039821You can crawl through the grass, sneak up and take enemies down from behind, use smoke bombs and similar things for sure.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. :thumb: This game keeps sounding better!

fatalitymaster
21st Aug 2009, 14:10
I never knew you could perform stealth kills.........awesome 'goes to play MINI NINJAS'

Damage Inc.
22nd Aug 2009, 11:03
Yeah, I find the stealth-feature just adds a lot to the game.
Makes it less shallow than most games of the type, which makes those just straight-forward hack&slashers.

I have a small opinion/suggestion about the stealth-thing though:
You know when you go crouched in the grass, you become both semi-transparent and an icon pops up in the HUD.
I think it would be just a bit nicer if the character wouldn't become semi-transparent but you only have the logo as the indicator.
Unless for some reason that's too hard to see, but I don't think it is.
It's just about the graphical side, it would be nice to see the character fully.
Unless the effect is meant to blend in with the environment more, but I wouldn't know the reasons of the creators.

RadarTrap
22nd Aug 2009, 11:42
Really? I really like the way he becomes semi-transparent. To me it subtly emphasises the fact that he's invisible because of his awesome ninja skills. :D It's the little things that make it all work so well.

Damage Inc.
22nd Aug 2009, 17:38
Really? I really like the way he becomes semi-transparent. To me it subtly emphasises the fact that he's invisible because of his awesome ninja skills. :D It's the little things that make it all work so well.

Yeah, that's the part I agree to. Yet it seems a little "off", kind of "digital" or like "hi-tech", you know.
Maybe it would be cool if it got some primitive effect, maybe kind of cloudy-windy-like.
You know, a Ninja, "as quick and quiet as the wind", maybe like a faded-blurred effect, rather than fixed transparency.
The same counts for when using smoke, it's great, but it comes across a little silly being semi-transparent for a while.
Just thinking a different effect, if any, might work better.

Edit:

Oh man, I think I got a pretty good idea for the smoke-bomb-effect.
Now it's like, you throw the bomb and there's a temporary cloud of smoke right?
Then you're semi-transparent for a while, which just seems more like activating something.
What if you throw the bomb, and more like semi-transparent smoke spreads throughout the area?
Which you walk through with a normal appearance, but as a Ninja you attack the unsuspecting enemies.
Of course the effect would remain just as long as the semi-transparency currently takes.
Would be nice! :) I'd love to see that at some point.

Lonathan
10th Sep 2009, 19:18
Hey
A question more aimed at the developers I suppose. Once you've done a stealth attack (from what I've seen anyhow) for the most part you're "Discovered" by the rest of any nearby samurai, is there some trick to getting back into stealth?

I find myself reallllyyyy enjoying the stealth stuff, but only being able to pull off one stealth kill per group of enemies...

Thanks!

jessak
10th Sep 2009, 22:36
Lonathan,

Use a smoke bomb, then returns in a bush, stay crouch until the effect of the smoke bomb ends, then do another stealth kill!

Janus93
3rd Oct 2009, 10:46
Hmm I find Mini Ninja not so stealthy or even skilled at his NDS-performance. I have a hard time walking the right direction because of the weird controls, and when I have to beat opponents I keep walking round them instead of at them because he won't turn.Unless you use the L-button which takes a few seconds, which is all a samurai needs to chop you again. Unless you try and attack spearmen! They're the best of all; being able to stab you without you coming in close.

I must say it is a quality game, nice effects and the ninja is skilled. But the controls are not so skillfully integrated with our little ninja friend, which means he dies a lot. I say to Eidos: nice try, but for NDS: epic fail =(