PDA

View Full Version : Another anti-Thief 3 (TDS) thread...

xDarknessFallsx
18th Jun 2009, 05:28
I just re-installed TDS for the first time in, well, however long ago it came out.

I'm really sorry to ISA and those who like TDS, but what a nightmare of a game! I can't believe how many times of rolled my eyes and shaken my head so far... and I'm still only in the first mission!

This game has a few good points, but WOW, there are way too many bad things. I plan to work my way through most or all of the game again here... but this is destined to be a very frustrating experience. I don't know why I'm torturing myself. (Well, I do -- I couldn't get the downloaded version of T1 Gold to work on my system, due to known issues..)

You'd think the music would be a saving grace for TDS -- and it is to an extent -- but even THAT was implemented poorly because it shuts off sometimes. (After a save? After going to the menus? I remember this issues years ago and had forgotten about it).

I've loaded Minimalist Project, of course, to make it more bearable. Still, very little can be done for the frustrating points about this game.

So as my attempt at sharing my one-sided view of TDS, I present this poll. (If I can figure out how to add it.)

No need to make comments about what's good or bad about TDS. It's just a one-sided poll I'm hoping EM will see. And not an attempt to start a flame war. There are a lot of threads already that talk about TDS vs. T1/T2. The game itself is just tough for me, personally, to play. I understand how some would like it... and I do like certain elements. But not enough for me to have a most-enjoyable Thieving experience. If you love TDS, feel free to start a one-sided TDS poll.

jtr7
18th Jun 2009, 05:38
Hahahahahaha! :lol::lmao:

Nate
18th Jun 2009, 06:55
Funny, but not terribly constructive!

Hareton
18th Jun 2009, 06:59
Imagine what pain that was to these few Looking Glass members who worked on TDS and saw how their series is whored for consoles.

jtr7
18th Jun 2009, 07:40
It was even one of the ol' LGS devs' ideas, though his intentions were good, but this was before the botched editing tools were given to them, I believe. My timeline might be backwards, but I don't think so. Anyway, I don't know who all thought it was a good idea, but it was pushed through.

Hamadriyad
18th Jun 2009, 08:39
BIG NO! TDS was not a failure! Just it would be better, somethings needed improvement and I agree somethings were terrible.(like god damn in-game cutscenes) But TDS was a great sequel. I refuse this threat and this poll.

jtr7
18th Jun 2009, 08:43
What's odd is the poll is not reflective of the first post.

huzi73
18th Jun 2009, 08:44
ROFL!! :lol: good poll, great thread. but what you're saying is absolutely true, the game was a flop. It had way more bad than good. And the little good it had, came from what it didn't deviate from in the first two games.

Flashart
18th Jun 2009, 10:29
Personal opinions aside, TDS got 86% in PCGamer (UK) and is regularly in the "Recommended" section. "Googling" some reviews reveals a largely positive response. I don't know how it sold, compared to say Deus Ex2 which I think came out at the same time (Funny how these keep getting paired together).
I'm currently replaying it, and a lot is not great, but "Moira's" has improved for me, "Clocktower" seemed worse though, I'm almost at "Cradle". Compared to T1 or T2 it's always gonna come in last, but as a "Standalone" it's not bad, I'd probably revise my original 7/10 to 6.5/10
"Not great", "Misjudged", maybe, "Competent" or "Workmanlike", possibly, "Flop" certainly not.

Yaphy
18th Jun 2009, 11:40
Wow, this thread is really destructive. This is the first and last time i enter this thread. Shame on you!:hmm:****

Inbred Pageboy
18th Jun 2009, 12:06
So as my attempt at sharing my one-sided view of TDS, I present this poll.

1 - Pointless thread/poll(already TDS/T1 T2 comparison/flame/destructive threads)
2 - Not constructive in relation to point 1

I'm with Yaphy.

BrendaEM
18th Jun 2009, 13:53
Malformed poll, should be removed.
While the game was crippled for consoles, had no swimming, nor climbing arrows, it still offered hours of challenging gameplay, and many excellent levels.

Belboz
18th Jun 2009, 14:39
the games ok upto the point where the keeper kill squads get introduced, then it just goes silly at that point, and side mission from that point onwards are near impossible because the city guards are always in a high state of alertness its near impossible to complete them, plus garretts jumpings been nerfed, just like the jumping in dues ex had been nerfed, basically to stop you going places they dont want you to go even though you want to try going even though there's nothing there anyway.

fraten
18th Jun 2009, 14:48
I really really liked TDS. In fact it was the game which made me play the whole series.

Malformed poll, should be removed.
Yes, please!

Wispmage
18th Jun 2009, 15:01
Wow, I liked my variety in poll choices. Personally, I really enjoyed TDS, and yeah I admit, it has it's flaws, and it's a bit of a departure from the first two in the series, and yes, it was a forced console port. But for all those things, I think it was still a good entry in the series. I enjoyed the story, and some moments of the game had me scared out of my mind or quite proud of myself for some sneaking feat I'd accomplished. Like I said, it's okay to dislike it, but to just call it an utter failure isn't very valid.

jay pettitt
18th Jun 2009, 15:07
Why can't I vote for both >:(

TheMasterBuilder
18th Jun 2009, 15:14
So you aren't gonna mention anything that you yourself didn't like about the game? Are you just chiming in with the majority of the forum here? The only thing you did complain about was a bug that i never came across.

hexhunter
18th Jun 2009, 15:20
We need a poll to oppose this, I suggest:

1) TDS got an overall good score, 85% average on PC, 82% average on xbox, and despite lacking in some important areas generally continued the series good name and likely sold better than it's predecessors
2) I'm a little teapot, short and stout
Here is my handle, here is my spout
When I get all steamed up hear me shout
Tip me over and pour me out

Something like that...

xDarknessFallsx
18th Jun 2009, 16:10
:lol: You guys are too funny. Yes, I admit this poll isn't the most constructive of polls and I didn't want to get into the all the details of why I think TDS is a failure. I've mentioned several before, and I agree with most or all the reasons that other people post, so I didn't really want to get into it here. But since you ask, here are a few: Garrett mission briefing text complete with scrollbar for me to follow what he's saying, frankenstein-like walking animation for guards, the poor gaming engine (it runs fine on my machine, but it pales in comparison to the Dark Engine in terms of finding loot, etc.), the uninspired mission objectives, load zones, it feels a bit claustrophobic compared to T2, etc. If the Minimalist Project hadn't removed the bright blue frob, the arrow trails, the big clunky HUD, the noisemaker fireworks, etc. then I'd bring those up, too. I'm only in the first level and I have yet (and can't wait) to experience: climbing gloves instead of rope arrows; no secret switches or passageways; the city hub; shadow paths and more linear gameplay than the past. I could keep updating my thread as I encounter things if you're curious, but I don't think you're curious and it won't matter since you won't agree they're problems worth mentioning. Every one I find just bothers me and lowers the amount of pleasure I derive from the game. I'm sorry, I can't help it.

I was trying to get my own personal point across, which obviously won't always mesh with your viewpoint. If the poll only got one vote (mine) I wouldn't have minded. After playing TDS for a frustrating hour or so, it was just a way for me to vent.

I fully supported TDS during development and felt it would be a great addition to the franchise, but I was sadly let down. In retrospect, I kind've wish I hadn't been drinking the Kool-Aid.

I do look forward to re-living a couple levels in this game so I can enjoy the atmosphere... but aside from that, I think this game will be a chore, rather than a pleasure, to play through. If I end up liking it much better this play through than last, I will gladly make posts giving praise to the game. (My computer has more power and plays it much better this time than when I first played it years ago, so that might help.)

For fans of TDS, this thread is probably as scary to you as it is to me when people say they want Thief to be like open-world Oblivion and have a city hub, etc. It'll be impossible to please everyone with Th4f. I wish it were possible, but with such a divergence in opinions, it likely won't be; and I hope EM doesn't try to please everyone.

jtr7
18th Jun 2009, 17:43
So you aren't gonna mention anything that you yourself didn't like about the game? Are you just chiming in with the majority of the forum here? The only thing you did complain about was a bug that i never came across.

That's not what this thread is for. Why keep the broken record spinning? If you don't get it, you don't get it, and we know it, don't you?

No need to make comments about what's good or bad about TDS. It's just a one-sided poll I'm hoping EM will see. And not an attempt to start a flame war. There are a lot of threads already that talk about TDS vs. T1/T2. The game itself is just tough for me, personally, to play. I understand how some would like it... and I do like certain elements. But not enough for me to have a most-enjoyable Thieving experience. If you love TDS, feel free to start a one-sided TDS poll.

Wolkenwolf
18th Jun 2009, 17:46
Close this ****ty thread.
TDS was the most enjoyable in the thief series, and for me I can't find any bad things or failure at all.
Btw your stupid poll isn't funny at all, you're just going the hype of Thief1&2 as the UBER games in compare to Thief3, it makes you look like a child.

jtr7
18th Jun 2009, 18:01
Uh oh. It's not reasonable to not see any flaws. That's pretty extreme. The great majority of us see flaws in all the games.

ToMegaTherion
18th Jun 2009, 18:12
There's no such thing as a game without lots of flaws. Similarly there is rarely such a thing as a game that can't reasonably be someone's favourite game.

DarthEnder
18th Jun 2009, 20:10
I still say the lockpicking, the holy water flasks, and the story in T3 were great.

Btw your stupid poll isn't funny at all, you're just going the hype of Thief1&2 as the UBER games in compare to Thief3, it makes you look like a child.No, it makes him look like someone whose opinion is the same as 90% of the rest of this board.

If anything, your argument makes YOU look like a child because it makes you seem like someone who wasn't even playing video games yet when the first two games first came out.

Wolkenwolf
18th Jun 2009, 20:23
Actually you're right, I never played the first two games. And I AM a child, so you can call me that way.
The only other stealth series i played were Splinter Cell, which almost made me puke all over my computer.
I never had a game i would call my ultimate favourite before Thief3, and when it got out I just were STUNNED about it. Since then I'm getting angry very fast if someone talks **** about MY favourite game, because it changed my whole existance as a "player".
And I don't get why this 90% of the ppl here just can't shut their mouth, think for themselves how the game is and maybe tell their buddy about it. That's what I do if games are the ****, what's likely to happen very often these days. Since 2004 I've never played any gome so much hours as Thief3, and it sure will be my all-time-fav...

Platinumoxicity
18th Jun 2009, 20:27
Actually you're right, I never played the first two games. And I AM a child, so you can call me that way.
The only other stealth series i played were Splinter Cell, which almost made me puke all over my computer.
I never had a game i would call my ultimate favourite before Thief3, and when it got out I just were STUNNED about it. Since then I'm getting angry very fast if someone talks **** about MY favourite game, because it changed my whole existance as a "player".
And I don't get why this 90% of the ppl here just can't shut their mouth, think for themselves how the game is and maybe tell their buddy about it. That's what I do if games are the ****, what's likely to happen very often these days. Since 2004 I've never played any gome so much hours as Thief3, and it sure will be my all-time-fav...

TDS was the worst of the Thief series because of stupid problems and changes, it wasn't bad because of being a bad game. There's a difference. And you won't see that until you've played the originals.

Pieter888
18th Jun 2009, 20:35
I don't get it :confused:
I think TDS was pretty good!
Yes, there could be some improvement on certain aspects but still I liked the game very much.

Some people didn't like the in-game cut scenes... what is up with that? they allow you to take a little break from the non-stop sneaking, discover some more of the story and they where not to awful to watch (kinda liked the 2d-ish style that was used).

So about this whole anti-thief 3 thread. When you post a thread like this one please be constructive and make a fair poll.

PS: I DID play the originals and I think TDS was certainly the best of the series.

ToMegaTherion
18th Jun 2009, 20:37
If Deadly Shadows is your favourite game then you should definitely play Metal Age.

Platinumoxicity
18th Jun 2009, 20:40
sry, I mistook you for someone else. ^^;
But

Some people didn't like the in-game cut scenes... what is up with that? they allow you to take a little break from the non-stop sneaking, discover some more of the story and they .

There is a difference with bad ingame-pre-rendered cutscenes and great black-silhouette-awesome videos. :D

Pieter888
18th Jun 2009, 20:45
There is a difference with bad ingame-pre-rendered cutscenes and great black-silhouette-awesome videos. :D

Point taken.

Sierra Oscar
18th Jun 2009, 22:39
I enjoyed the game, to be honest.

jtr7
18th Jun 2009, 23:18
Most have, actually.

That's separate from noting the flaws, and not being able to ignore some of them, as well as the simple emotional reaction to the experience, which for many, was nowhere near the previous experiences with the series. I still point out that there's a great LACK of inspiration among TDS fans. All gushing and defending but no fanfic, no race to make FMs, no documentation about the games that isn't a review or walkthrough. The fan projects are nowhere near to the level TDP alone wrought, let alone the previous two titles. For all the positive TDS talk, the evidence is massive that there's something vital missing, even if it's never put into words.

xDarknessFallsx
19th Jun 2009, 06:36
If I had started my thieving career with TDS like Wolkenwolf, I'm sure my views about TDS would be different. The unfortunate fact of the matter (or fortunate as it were) is I started with TMA ... and several things I loved in TMA got yanked away in TDS, and several of the things that were added or changed in TDS were changes for the worst, imo.

If I had started with TDS, it probably wouldn't be such a bad game I wouldn't have any other games to compare it to and I'd probably wouldn't be so judgmental of it. It's just that I started with TMA, loved it, then saw what I felt was a far inferior sequel.

And Wolkenwolf, now that you started with TDS, it will probably be tough to go back and enjoy TMA (let alone enjoy it more than TDS) because you'll find the graphics dated. But hopefully you'll still give it a shot some day, if you haven't already... and hopefully you enjoy it as much as lots of others here. .

Pieter888, I think there are TDS vs. T1/T2 polls already out there; those are the fairer ones to vote in. My aim wasn't really to be like those other ones...

Herr_Garrett
19th Jun 2009, 06:47

... Hahaha!

Seriously, child (if you wish), learn your syntax. This thread is against Thief Deadly Shadows, as a part of the SERIES, from which angle DS was pretty cranky.

As a standalone game it might be great (altough the console-ish **** still screams from your screen), but as part of the series (character-, story-, artistic style- and so forth-wise) it's a sorry job.

It's really like the Lord of the Rings movies. I have no problem with them as movies in themselves, but I have huuuuuge problems with them as Lord of the Rings movies. I guess you can see the difference.

PS. I WANT to use the word s.h.i.t., what the hell is wrong with this forum with that nono smiley...?

Flashart
19th Jun 2009, 08:08
I can't any point in trying to wipe TDS from the series story arc. It was released, it's out there, denying it ever existed serves no purpose. If that were the case then T4 may as well start with a blank sheet of paper. What I discovered in TDS last night were a couple of snippets (probably common knowledge) that may help keeping the story on track. In the keeper library there's a small prophesy that says something along the lines that the Pagans and Mechanists will have a big battle (this is after the death of Karras). In the Pagan Park there's a scroll from Dyan that says "I wish Viktoria would comesy back and leads us again" Now that doesn't sound like she's refering to a dead person, just someone that has "gone away".
What I am saying is, for that for those that wish a continuation of the story from T2 there's enough in TDS to justify it happening. (It's hardly substantive, but it is there.). I'll not mention "the "girl" issue here, but to me there's enough info in TDS to take T4 in many different directions, without forcing anyone to replay it (that doesn't want to).

Hamadriyad
19th Jun 2009, 08:14
... Hahaha!

Seriously, child (if you wish), learn your syntax. This thread is against Thief Deadly Shadows, as a part of the SERIES, from which angle DS was pretty cranky.

As a standalone game it might be great (altough the console-ish **** still screams from your screen), but as part of the series (character-, story-, artistic style- and so forth-wise) it's a sorry job.

It's really like the Lord of the Rings movies. I have no problem with them as movies in themselves, but I have huuuuuge problems with them as Lord of the Rings movies. I guess you can see the difference.

PS. I WANT to use the word s.h.i.t., what the hell is wrong with this forum with that nono smiley...?

Lord of the Rings is a perfect adaptation, bite your tongue. And, TDS is a great sequel. Its story and atmospher is quite Thief.(as I said many times)

jtr7
19th Jun 2009, 08:22
And there are plenty of ideas that don't require any characters from the games besides Garrett, Benny, and the Smart Guard. :D

The Pagans also say the Hammers killed Viktoria. Allowing that the Mechanists were Hammers, just corrupted, then it's still false, unless Viktoria herself should still be considered alive after she tore herself apart and filled the foyer and beyond of Soulforge. Yes, the plants and frogbeasts were alive, but did it still constitute the personage called Viktoria? In that case, Karras, the corrupt Hammer, did kill her. We know the possibility remains that she left seedlings/saplings of herself to grow back in her realm.

We know the girl is viable material, but were strongly divided over that one. There's too much that's not Garrett or Thief about most of the ideas for her and Garrett's part in that. Discarding every character, including Garrett, the story of the trilogy has enough in it to begin a thousand new stories, but most of them will be rejected.

Hamadriyad
19th Jun 2009, 08:26
I think Viktoria died and never come back. This way is better in my opinion. And who is the Smart Guard?I don't remember:scratch:

Myth
19th Jun 2009, 08:53
I LOL-ed at the poll, then it all went sour when i read all the kiddies' replies "OH TEH NOES TDS IT ARE AWSUM!" . Taking this off-topic, the smart guard - didn't Benny call him Mortimer in TDS once, when they were playing cards? Was the smart guard ever named in the first two games?

Wolkenwolf
19th Jun 2009, 13:01
I LOL-ed at the poll, then it all went sour when i read all the kiddies' replies "OH TEH NOES TDS IT ARE AWSUM!"

What's your problem? It'll be the same way otherwise, then all the Thief fanboys will get out of their holes and start crying what a big meanie the TO is, because their superb games Thief1&2 are UNFAILABLE and it's blasphemy to even think about the bad sides of the first two games.

Blade_hunter
19th Jun 2009, 13:15
A troll thread ?

Platinumoxicity
19th Jun 2009, 13:24
A troll thread ?

Not really, but almost. This is a "fishing" thread. The title of the thread is fishing for trolls who think TDS is superior to the originals and the people who know it's not, come here to see their comments for the lulz.
:rasp:

ToMegaTherion
19th Jun 2009, 13:54
Deadly Shadows is better than Dark Project.

xDarknessFallsx
19th Jun 2009, 13:56
then all the Thief fanboys will get out of their holes and start crying what a big meanie the TO is, because their superb games Thief1&2 are UNFAILABLE and it's blasphemy to even think about the bad sides of the first two games.
I'll gladly point out the things I don't like with T2. Doesn't bother me. I don't think it's perfect. Though, I have to say it's flaws don't bother me nearly as much as TDS' flaws. I'm not sure I've stumbled upon any Thief fanboy saying the old games were perfect and could use no improvement, but I haven't been looking. The way you defend TDS kind've makes you a TDS Fanboy, so why does it matter? You love your game, I love T2.

fayfuya
19th Jun 2009, 16:13
Stop being such stupid ****ing noobs, TDS isn't THAAAAAAAAAT bad and i'm sick if hearing you dumb asses saying "oh yeah TDS was awful it didn't had rope arrows & bla bla bla"....there was lots of good things in TDS and don't tell me you haven't enjoyed playing this.
And it was Ion Storm that created TDS, not Eidos so what the **** you wanna say here?!?!?!
Stop being so stupid

InGroove2
19th Jun 2009, 16:56
You'd think the music would be a saving grace for TDS -- and it is to an extent -- but even THAT was implemented poorly because it shuts off sometimes. (After a save? After going to the menus? I remember this issues years ago and had forgotten about it).

first of all, what a BS complaint. the music stops? how about it T1 when if you wer ein a doorway and leaned through it to look around the music would switch immediately and switch back when you released your lean... how lame was that? but by no means worht complaining about! certainly didn't have an effect on my enjoyment or the quality of the game!

2nd of all, seriously, you wanted to start a thread and then insist that no one should comment cause you jsut wanted to get some "stats" together to show EM how many people hated the game? so you think that a blind number, with no opposing stat is worth ANYTHING?

seriously, i liked the game alot, but i'm not defending it here. i'm just saying how dumb your post was.

Herr_Garrett
19th Jun 2009, 17:19
What's your problem? It'll be the same way otherwise, then all the Thief fanboys will get out of their holes and start crying what a big meanie the TO is, because their superb games Thief1&2 are UNFAILABLE and it's blasphemy to even think about the bad sides of the first two games.

Stop being such stupid ****ing noobs, TDS isn't THAAAAAAAAAT bad and i'm sick if hearing you dumb asses saying "oh yeah TDS was awful it didn't had rope arrows & bla bla bla"....there was lots of good things in TDS and don't tell me you haven't enjoyed playing this.
And it was Ion Storm that created TDS, not Eidos so what the **** you wanna say here?!?!?!
Stop being so stupid

I love how retarded you people are. You're complaining about things that weren't even mentioned here.

By the way, this thread is for the DS-haters (or at least not-likers, like me), not for the DS-lovers. Each to his own. In case you have mistaken the door number and the name-plaque, here's your thread: I really enjoyed Thief D.S. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=89373). Sad thing that that thread was hijacked as well.

InGroove2
19th Jun 2009, 17:36
I love how retarded you people are. You're complaining about things that weren't even mentioned here.

By the way, this thread is for the DS-haters (or at least not-likers, like me), not for the DS-lovers. Each to his own. In case you have mistaken the door number and the name-plaque, here's your thread: I really enjoyed Thief D.S. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=89373). Sad thing that that thread was hijacked as well.

my brother is "retarded" and i resent you using the word, ignorant fool.... speaking of children!

and, by god, what do you expect would attract DS likers more than anything.. a thread that hates DS! have you no understanding of basic sociology? people respond to opposition more than harmony... it's almost a law of nature... like wind... air moves when there is a difference in air pressure, not so much when there is harmony in air pressure... you can find this principle almost everywhere.... because the primary driving force behind everyhting is the search for balance... why go talk about how you like DS with a bunch of people who agree... how will that achieve balance?

on and on... get with it, dude.

Herr_Garrett
19th Jun 2009, 18:05
my brother is "retarded" and i resent you using the word, ignorant fool.... speaking of children!

and, by god, what do you expect would attract DS likers more than anything.. a thread that hates DS! have you no understanding of basic sociology? people respond to opposition more than harmony... it's almost a law of nature... like wind... air moves when there is a difference in air pressure, not so much when there is harmony in air pressure... you can find this principle almost everywhere.... because the primary driving force behind everyhting is the search for balance... why go talk about how you like DS with a bunch of people who agree... how will that achieve balance?

on and on... get with it, dude.

Yes, so?

Actually, the primary impetus behind everything but humans, and thus human deeds, thoughts and so forth, is the search for balance.

I'm sorry for your brother, though.

InGroove2
19th Jun 2009, 18:10
Yes, so?

Actually, the primary impetus behind everything but humans, and thus human deeds, thoughts and so forth, is the search for balance.

I'm sorry for your brother, though.

how do you figure humans are detached from nature in such a way? what? "free will"? maybe on an individual level, but society is always pushing and pulling for an unachievable balance.

also, i't ok. obviously it wasnt' in that kind of way.. but it IS kind of a childish thing to say....

Herr_Garrett
19th Jun 2009, 18:46
how do you figure humans are detached from nature in such a way? what? "free will"? maybe on an individual level, but society is always pushing and pulling for an unachievable balance.

also, i't ok. obviously it wasnt' in that kind of way.. but it IS kind of a childish thing to say....

PM topic, I should say, elsewise I'd gladly share with you my thoughts.

xDarknessFallsx
19th Jun 2009, 20:36
Actually, this thread was targeted for people who don't really like TDS, or thought it was a game not very well implemented. A poll some of us might find amusing, in a sarcastic way. I can't help it if it has attracted TDS backers like flies to fly paper due to some psychological or sociological behavior of humans to defend what's right and battle against the masses. Honestly, that wasn't my intention.

If your intention here is simply to call people who don't like TDS noobs, children and the such, then go start your own "TDS is great" or "Didn't T1/T2 fail in almost every respect possible?" poll, if you're so inclined. I don't call you a noob or child for liking TDS. I've stated my opinion and tried to clarify it throughout the thread. Whether or not you agree with it or think I'm inciting a flame war is you're decision to make. If anything, I was hoping to attract T1/T2 lovers; not T1/T2 fanboy haters.

Nate
19th Jun 2009, 21:14
Actually, this thread was targeted for people who don't really like TDS, or thought it was a game not very well implemented. A poll some of us might find amusing, in a sarcastic way. I can't help it if it has attracted TDS backers like flies to fly paper due to some psychological or sociological behavior of humans to defend what's right and battle against the masses. Honestly, that wasn't my intention.

If your intention here is simply to call people who don't like TDS noobs, children and the such, then go start your own "TDS is great" or "Didn't T1/T2 fail in almost every respect possible?" poll, if you're so inclined. I don't call you a noob or child for liking TDS. I've stated my opinion and tried to clarify it throughout the thread. Whether or not you agree with it or think I'm inciting a flame war is you're decision to make. If anything, I was hoping to attract T1/T2 lovers; not T1/T2 fanboy haters.

I've found that most people who try so hard to convince others, are simply lacking in conviction for themselves. It is like religions trying to convert people...they believe that successfully converting people somehow affirms that their faith is 'right'.

I personally liked Thief DS....but not nearly as much as the first 2 games. But I find the TDS bashing here fun....because it is all true!

Now, if some of you fans love TDS, then start a TDS 'We Love You!' topic. I'll even drop in and add some thoughts on what I thought was really good about the game.

However, TDS fans really don't have much business here. So please let the rest of us have fun.

jtr7
19th Jun 2009, 21:16
'Twas absolutely avoidable, until it was posted, and then 'twas unavoidable. I knew you were exaggerating playfully with the poll, but kick the hornet's nest and watch them swarm to get at you. :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
19th Jun 2009, 22:37
I appreciate the humour behind the poll, but it serves no purpose.

We already have an excellent thread about TDS HERE (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=88689).
The discussion reflects upon all 3 games and has remained interesting and civil - which is what we need to be doing on this forum. The devs are not going to want to read personal arguments.