PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Vs Renown: Should Garrett be a Rumor, or Renowned at the beginning of T4?

Hypevosa
16th Jun 2009, 04:48
One of the things that pissed me off in TDS, was that Garrett's face was plastered everywhere. Garrett is a master thief, who is supposed to be rarely seen, and never caught. Apparently some time before TDS, Garrett made a major screw up, and sat still long enough for someone to get a good look at his face, or posed for a picture...

At the beginning of T4, should Garrett be merely rumor, where people don't know EXACTLY what he looks like and who he is? Or should he be renowned and his face known to all guards and people he meets?

I think he should just be rumor, but if you screw up and have someone see you face, and you just leave them that way you become renown. That way the player screws it up for themself.

kin
16th Jun 2009, 04:56
On the box of TMA says "the greatest thief the world has never seen. So I also believe he must stay unseen (even for the player).

Nate
16th Jun 2009, 04:59
No wonder everybody knew who Garrett was! You ever see how he hunches over in a 'hey, look at me sneaking' kind of way in TDS? Garrett went out of his way to draw attention to himself.

Hypevosa
16th Jun 2009, 05:01
Maybe at the end of TMA a robot rolled over on him and the authorities got a good look at him before he got away...

kabatta
16th Jun 2009, 05:18
He should be a rumour. It's hilarious that the city was full of his portraits, but it's not the greatest idea. I liked seeying the picture of him in his house, I laughted out loud. But he's a master thief, not a generic shooter psycho. Even the charges brought to him were wierd: thievery I understand, but assault? Garrett doesn't assault people. Maybe he was the guy that left with the cat so somebody got time to make the portrait whyle he was struggling to get the cat off him. >:)

Hypevosa
16th Jun 2009, 05:26
Assault covers him using a blackjack, shooting a gas arrow at someone... actually throwing a flashbomb at someone would probably be under assault as well...

jtr7
16th Jun 2009, 05:32
For continuity's sake, he's a legend. His name has been known in the underground since before the Bafford job. In TMA the City Watch went after him, and the Mechanists, too. The Pagans know of him, the Hammers know of him. Most people haven't SEEN him, but he's not only a rumor, but there should be rumors about him. Scully trying to impersonate him wasn't farfetched. The sketches of him on the posters could be chalked up to people--like Sammy--snitching him out and giving a description. It would be cool if Garrett could regain more of his anonymity back, but he's made so many enemies that I'm surprised only Quince and Jacow have been sent after him (excluding the Enforcers). It's certainly possible that somebody has tipped off people to make Garrett's life harder. Karras hired Truart, Ramirez sent Quince and Jacow, and in TDS, Curtis went to avenge Edwina Moira (if the player made it so). People have always known how to find him, even if they've never seen his face, or seen him come and go. All those ex-Keepers are onto him, and certainly many of the unbalanced ones will be angry with him. Legend, unseen, rumored and renowned.

Hypevosa
16th Jun 2009, 05:43
I meant more as a standard for normal people... hammers, pagans, ex-keepers, etc. I don't consider normal people. City watch, guards of nobles' places, and street folk are what I am talking about.

kabatta
16th Jun 2009, 05:48
Obviously, yes, this only applies to the normal people.

jtr7
16th Jun 2009, 06:02
I mentioned City Watch as knowing him well after Sammy sold him out to Karras who hired Truart. Mosley knew of him, and "Remember men... His name is 'Garrett.'" Warden Stout knew of him and Garrett was taunted about being executed, probably without a trial.

Garrett bribed servants for information, including maps of the places they worked. It wouldn't make sense for the Nobility to not want to know who robbed them, and apparently the City Watch doesn't investigate these things.

Hypevosa
16th Jun 2009, 06:20
There should be nothing to pin garrett as the culprit unless there's a witness account of a man with a mechanical eye and dark robes/cloak. Every thief has access to the same tools, so those don't identify him either. The only thing I can think of is... unless they've got fingerprinting too? (and somehow fingerprinted garrett...)

jtr7
16th Jun 2009, 07:00
It's Garrett's skill that gives him away. No one can do what he does. It would be identifying him by his unintended calling cards. TMA had criminals acting as informants and selling each other out. Sammy, no doubt, liked the idea, too. We never see a Thief carrying or using the gear Garrett does. It's just odd that the tools are stored in barracks and armories all over. There's nothing stopping the devs from giving these arrows to AI, but they chose not to for a reason. Garrett is THE Master Thief, and there's no way he's not leaving a sign HE was there. Player style not included. At least in TDS Perry would let you know what the word on the street was about Garrett drawing attention to himself through violence, or alliances with the factions.

Perfect and Supreme ghosting would be a dead-giveaway as to who pulled the job.

Hypevosa
16th Jun 2009, 07:13
So all crime in the city where there is no evidence of a crime occuring other than all the shineys being gone, is blamed on Garrett.... that could make for a very interesting story XD another master thief appears in the city...

Helgeran
16th Jun 2009, 07:37
They just looked at the cover art, duh.

jtr7
16th Jun 2009, 08:27
@ both of you: :lmao: Yep!

Platinumoxicity
16th Jun 2009, 10:06
Only 1 or 2 Hammerites have met Garrett in person, and during the Trickster's assault on the City, they were probably dead, if not, too busy to pay attention to detail. Maybe 4 or 5 pagans have seen Garrett from up close, and they have more important thing to do than memorize some manfool cityheads' faces. It was stupid that everyone knew Garrett the second he was seen walking around.

T4 should have the City Watch peacefully ask for suspicious people to identify themselves, and if someone runs, they are climinals. They blow their whistles, take out their batons and exercise some bruising justice. If the criminal draws a weapon, they draw their sword too.

Hamadriyad
16th Jun 2009, 10:19
He sould be rumor among folk.
"My gems are gone! It must be Garrett!"
"Garrett! Don't make me laugh, he is just a legend.":D
City watch should know Garrett is real, but shouldn't know his face.
Pagans should know both.
I can't be sure about hammerites.

Platinumoxicity
16th Jun 2009, 11:37
He sould be rumor among folk.
"My gems are gone! It must be Garrett!"
"Garrett! Don't make me laugh, he is just a legend.":D
City watch should know Garrett is real, but shouldn't know his face.
Pagans should know both.
I can't be sure about hammerites.

Not every single pagan should know what he looks like, only for.ex. only Dyan and Larkspur. Garrett isn't a celebrity you know. And perhaps Garrett doesn't automatically know exactly who "looks like a pagan" they could be just random bums.

Hammerites shouldn't know what Garrett looks like. Why should they?

jtr7
16th Jun 2009, 11:58
Hoo boy. Most, but not all:

Hammerites were involved with Garrett's mech eye, making him the Fake Eye to foil the Trickster, researching The Maw and giving him tips, talking to him about getting their high priest and the Builder's Chisel:

Hm1m1301: Ahh, 'tis thee, the master thief. There is scant time to explain. The Trickster's foul beasts hath captured our High Priest, and if we cannot retake him alive, all shall be lost. We dare not try a rescue...we lack thy skills of stealth and treachery, and our enemies must surely kill him should we make a bold attempt. Bring him back to us alive and we may discuss how the Trickster himself can be defeated. He is held somewhere in the caverns and halls beyond that archway. May The Builder guide your steps.

M14HINT, M14TIP2.

Inspector Drept, Karras.
Brother Wimble wrote the note to inform Garrett of his reward of medicinal waters installed in his apartment.
Brothers Mendon and Griswald:

Griswald: Then hearken to one more grievance, Brother Mendon. That he [Drept] has spent much time in the aiding of a known thief and non-believer, a heathen to be sure, the very thief that didst steal the Chalice from Saint Edgar's....

Mendon: This too I know. 'Twas Brother Drept's own idea to enlist Garrett in aiding our cause. Only time will tell if 'twas right to do so.

h1_cret_kil_pl_na1: See, brother, 'tis the thief! (Pauses) Ah, 'twas the thief.
h1_crime_hurtother1: Thou wisht a fight, Garrett? 'Tis done!
h1_crime_kill1: Thou hast killed, Garrett! Thy sins will answer in blood!
h1_crime_lockp1: Garrett doth attempt to break in!
h1_crime_theft1: Thou hast stolen from the very Builder, Garrett!
h1_crime_threat1: Garrett! Thou shalt regret thy threat!
h1_obs_pl_friend1: Only The Builder can judge thee, Garrett.
h1_obs_pl_friend2: How fares thee, Garrett?
h1_obs_pl_neutral1: 'Tis never a joy to see thee, thief.
h1_obs_pl_neutral2: Thou wilt have no blessing from me.
h1_repri_hurtother_init1: Get thee from them!
h1_repri_hurtother_sub1: Thou wilt do no more violence, Garrett!
h1_repri_lockp_init1: Thou art not permitted there, Garrett. Desist now.
h1_repri_odd_init1: What dost thou do there, Garrett? 'Tis surely wicked.
h1_repri_over1: I am glad thou hast repented.
h1_repri_over2: I shalt keep a closer eye on thee, Garrett.
h1_repri_theft_init1: Thy fingers doth betray thee, Garrett. Steal no more!
h1_repri_threat_init1: Dost thou threaten me?
h1_repri_threat_sub1: Put thy weapon down, Garrett.
h1_repri_thrown_init1: Cease thy mischief!
h1_repri_thrown_sub1: Builder curse thee, stop that!
h1_repri_tres_init1: Surely thou knowest thou art not permitted in our halls?
h1_repri_tres_init2: This place is under mine protection. Thou mayst not enter.
h1_repri_vandal_init1: The Builder doth frown on destruction.
h1_repri_vandal_sub1: Those art not thine, Garrett! Cease at once!

h2_cret_kil_pl_na1: Thinkst thou 'twas truly Garrett?
h2_crime_threat1: I shall take no more threat from thee, Garrett!
h2_crime_tres1: Thou hast trespassed 'gainst The Builder, Garrett, and He shalt not forgive!
h2_obs_pl_friend1: Builder watch thee, Garrett.
h2_obs_pl_friend2: Art well, Garrett?
h2_obs_pl_neutral1: I shalt watch thee, thief.
h2_obs_pl_neutral2: I hath not forgot thee, Garrett.
h2_repri_lockp_init1: Garrett, 'tis locked at the Builder's will. Stop at once.
h2_repri_stare_init1: Thou hast seen me before, Garrett. Keep thine eyes respectful.
h2_repri_thrown_init1: Garrett! Thou doth play the fool!
h2_repri_thrown_sub1: Thou dost push thy welcome, Garrett, with these idle missiles.
h2_repri_tres_init2: Thou dost not belong in the places of The Builder, Garrett. Do not enter.

h3_cret_kil_pl1: I hath heard of this Garrett. Pity we couldst not save his thieving soul....
h3_crime_hurtother1: I shalt discipline thee for thy violence, Garrett!
h3_crime_kill1: Now thou shalt pay with thine own death, Garrett.
h3_crime_lockp1: Thou art still a burglar at heart, Garrett! Thou shalt pay!
h3_crime_threat1: Dost thou think to attack me? See now what wrath thou hast called!
h3_crime_tres1: Thou wert not permitted to come here, Garrett! Now taste thy punishment!
h3_crime_vandal1: Thou wilt destroy no more, Garrett!
h3_obs_pl_friend1: Greetings, Garrett.
h3_obs_pl_friend2: The Builder doth see thee too, Garrett.
h3_repri_hurtother_init1: Step away, Garrett!
h3_repri_hurtother_sub1: Stand away, Garrett, or thou shalt regret it!
h3_repri_lockp_init1: Garrett, thou knowst thou art not permitted there!
h3_repri_odd_init1: Cease thy mischief, Garrett. It speaks nothing well of thee.
h3_repri_threat_sub1: Dost thou think thou canst threaten me, Garrett?
h3_repri_thrown_init1: Thou art tempting me to violence, Garrett.
h3_repri_vandal_init1: Cease thy destruction, Garrett.
h3_repri_vandal_sub1: Cease thine destruction now, Garrett!

h4_crime_lockp1: Thou wilt regret thy burglary, Garrett!
h4_crime_theft1: Garrett hath stolen from us!
h4_crime_threat1: 'Twas a fatal mistake to raise arm 'gainst me, Garrett.
h4_obs_pl_neutral2: We hath still a cell for thee, Garrett.
h4_repri_bump_init2: Garrett, 'twas most rude.
h4_repri_hurt_init1: Dost thou think to hurt me, Garrett? Cease at once!
h4_repri_hurtother_init1: Put down thy weapon, Garrett!
h4_repri_hurtother_sub1: I shalt not let thee do more harm, Garrett.
h4_repri_odd_init1: I see thee, Garrett. Do not trifle with me.
h4_repri_over1: There, Garrett. 'Tis not so hard to behave thyself.
h4_repri_stare_init1: Why dost thou stare, Garrett?
h4_repri_tres_init2: 'Tis not lawful for thee to trespass, Garrett.
h4_repri_vandal_sub1: Thou dost disregard me at thine peril, Garrett. Cease thy destruction.

Guards:
SG1A3NA7: "Hold it right there Garrett! Move and you're dead!"
sg1telc7: "It's Garrett!"
sg1telr6: "Garrett's on the grounds. After him!"
g5_cret_kil_pl_na1: "If that WAS the infamous Garrett...we better search him...just to be sure...."

City Watch:
M10B08 (Mosley to Pagan contact).

m11v17a
So, it's the infamous Garrett. You may have heard of me...Warden Stout. It's a name you'll soon come to respect. We only let you live so there could be a public execution.

m11v18a
And just so you don't get any ideas...no one makes it out of Pavelock Prison alive. The few escapes we've had...well...let's just say they're dead now. Ain't no second chances for escaped prisoners...nope...we just cut 'em down on the street. 'Master thief'.... Pah! (Spits).

m11v19a
We finally got you Garrett. You’ve been a thorn to us City Watch for a long, long time. Now who’s got the last laugh, eh?

m11v31a
Ho, ho ho! If it ain’t Garrett himself! You don’t look so clever to me! Personally, I’m hoping you try to escape, so’s I can kill you myself next time you’re spotted!

m11v74a
Garrett! Did Warden Stout tell you? We're pooling our money...make sure the executioner does a special job on you!

m11v74b
Here's the so-called 'master thief' again. What's wrong, 'master thief'? Can't spring the lock on your cell door without your lockpicks, can you? Haw haw!

People told Curtis Garrett's the one who stole from Widow Moira:

m11v20a
They said the thief who stole the Widow Moira’s fortune lives around here. I’ll find him. Make him sorry he ever set foot in her house.

m11v20b
What kind of a hoodlum steals every last dime from a poor senseless widow? The kind that needs to be taught a lesson. And that’s just what I’ll do when I find this Garrett.

m11v20c
Steal from the Widow Moira, will he? Think she’s too far gone to have any good guards left in the arsenal? Well...you’ve made a big mistake, Garrett. A big mistake. Now you have to deal with Curtis, and I ain’t as nice as the Widow.

m11v20d
Seems like even thieves oughta have some kind of code they live by...some kind of line they don’t cross. Stealing the Widow Moira’s inheritance oughta be over that line. Well, if Garrett don’t have a code he lives by...let’s see if he’s got one he can die by....

m11v20e
That thief thinks he just took Widow Moira’s money, but without that money she’ll lose her house, her servants, everything! Ol’ Curtis is gonna fix it so he can’t ever hurt no one like that again!

m11v20f
After I kill that Garrett...maybe I’ll find some of that inheritance money he took from the Widow. Sure...there could still be some left, maybe enough to get her back on her feet.

A Ramirez guard:
sg1c0903: "I’ve heard of him... Garrett. No one to be trifled with, that’s what I heard."

An assassin:
SG1M0500: "Yes, I'm sure it was Garrett in the window. He's dead. Let's head back now."

Thieves' Guild:

th106700: "Bafford was furious when he got back from his trip and found out his precious scepter had been swiped!"
th206701: "We didn't pull that job, did we?"
th106702: "You taffer! If we pulled a job on one of Ramirez' people, it would be war!"
th206703:: "Well, who then?"
th106704: "Probably Garrett. He's the only one sly and foolish enough to pull a job like that."
th2a3s_1: "Garrett!"
th2a3na4: "Stay right there, Garrett!"
th2atn_1: "Feel my blade, Garrett!"
th2blk_2: "You better learn to be quicker if you want to learn to compete with us, Garrett!"
th2bkdw1: "I heard you were good."
th2blk_3: "You gotta be quicker than that, Garrett!"
th2chga1: "I'm gonna finish you, Garrett!"
th2chgw1: "We're gonna have fun with you, Garrett!"
th2hit_1: "How'd ya like that, Garrett?"
th2hitw2: "There are too many of us, Garrett!"
th2runa2: "Guards, it's Garrett! Get him!"
th2telr2: "It's Garrett! Get over here!"

Scully, the impersonator, and Brent, the guy who wanted to hire Garrett:

Excerpt:
As a master thief, you should have no trouble with it. Once you get it, put it in the donation's box outside that Hammerite place, Saint Edgar's. I'll leave the payment in the same box...once I have the dagger. I think that about covers it.

All right, Mr. Brent. And don't forget...if you want Garrett type services, you gotta offer Garrett type prices.

Later:
m12v06a
Crap. It would never take the real Garrett this long to find the dagger. I can't even find the safe.

m12v06c
Even if the real Garrett were here, he'd be just as stumped as I am. Even a master thief probably gets stumped sometimes. Probably.

m12v06e
This is too taffin' difficult. I ain't cut out for thievin'. I'll never be as good as the real Garrett. Aw taff, I gotta stop being so hard on myself.

Lady Elizabeth and her thugs recognize him.

What did Artemus say?:

m12v12a
Garrett. I have troubling news. The Hammerites and the Pagans have discovered it was you who stole their artifacts. Both factions are very angry. However, they are willing to overlook your recent crimes, if you are willing to aid them by performing specific tasks. Until then, beware, for they will attack you on sight. A Hammerite named Inspector Drept wrote this missive for me to deliver to you. I contacted a Pagan shaman named Dyan, and she agreed to post a similar note for you on the outskirts of the Pagan territory in the Docks. I have done what I can to aid you. Farewell and good luck.

Pagans:
Constantine, Viktoria, Dyan, Larkspur, Lotus (doesn't count)
Shaman Singreen wrote the note to Garrett about his reward of moss crystals in his apartment.

m13c0501: What bes that you havers?
m13c0502: A lettering from Dyan...I bes sticking it up heres...so them thiever, Garrett, he bes reading it.

m15c0401: Did you hearsy? Dyan bes having more visionings....
m15c0402: About them Hammerheads? They bes deaded Sandlewood and her bunch yesterday! I bes will feeder on them fleshes!
m15c0403: Yes, them Hammerheads...buts of other things too...like them cityhead Garrett...and something that bes unnatural...close by nearsy them canals.

m15v05b
Garrett, I bes Dyan, priestesses of them green.

m15v05d
Garrett, we bes thanker you for all you have donesy for us. We Pagans bes not forgetting.

m15v05e
Someday you may bes needering our helps. And helps you will having...as long as you bes staying on our goodsy side.

m15v05a
Bes I had a visioning, Garrett. You wanting to finder them abomination, yes? You bes needsy then my amulet. It bes opens them vines that guardsy them manfool's canal building. Takesy it...you bes earned it.

m15v06a
Bes I Larkspur. Dyan bes says not to killing you.

m15v06b
Dyan bes having them visionings about you, Garrett. Says you bes helpering us. That bes goodsy.

m15v06c
I bes not trust so easily as other Pagans, Garrett. Yes, you bes friendsy to us, but I bes still watchering you.

m15v06e
Takesy you Dyan's amulet, Garrett. Bes will it helping you with them vines that seal the cityhead pumphouse by them canals.

m15v07f
Why bes Garrett so much in my visionings...why bes them visionings so troubled...bes more than just the Hammers to fear....

m15v08a
If Dyan bes say we needers Garrett...needers him alive...then I bes trusting her....

p1_crime_lockp1: Garrett bes tryers to get in here!
p1_crime_threat1: Bes Garrett trying to hurtering me!
p1_pagancornerstone1: Bes the vines of the Woodsie. Garrett not bes so much the Cityhead afters all.
p1_repri_stare_init2: Bes you looking at me, cityhead Garrett?
p1_repri_stare_init3: Bes stares at me, Garrett? Bes only have one eye for it! Ha ha ha!
ps1_crime_lockp1: Garrett bes tryers to get in here!
ps1_crime_threat1: Bes Garrett trying to hurtering me!
ps1_pagancornerstone1: Bes the vines of the Woodsie. Garrett not bes so much the Cityhead afters all.
ps1_repri_stare_init2: Bes you looking at me, cityhead Garrett?
ps1_repri_stare_init3: Bes stares at me, Garrett? Bes only have one eye for it! Ha ha ha!

p2_cret_kil_pl_na1: We should tells someone...that them Garrett bes deaded....
p2_crime_hurtother1: Garrett bes a fightering!
p2_crime_lockp1: Cityhead Garrett bes breakering in here!
p2_crime_theft1: Garrett! Bes thievering from us!
p2_crime_threat1: Bes Garrett threatering! Bes showing you!
p2_obs_pl_friend1: Woodsie green your path, Garrett.
p2_obs_pl_friend2: I bes see you, Garrett.
p2_repri_hurtother_init1: Garrett! Bes not hurts them!
p2_repri_tres_init2: Bes gone, Garrett. Don't steps you one further!

p3_crime_lockp1: Garrett bes opens wheres he not belong!
p3_crime_theft1: Bes Garrett here! Bes thievering!
p3_crime_tres1: Bes Garrett sneaksing arounds here!
p3_obs_pl_friend2: Leafs and mead, Garrett.
p3_pagancornerstone1: Bes greens and grows, bes Garrett does this for us.
p3_repri_hurtother_init1: Gets away from thems! Garrett!
p3_repri_stare_init2: Bes staring, Garrett? Bes careful you not loses your both eyes.
p3_repri_thrown_init1: Not bes funny, Garrett.
p3_repri_vandal_init1: Go breaksy your own thingers, Garrett.
ps2_crime_lockp1: Garrett bes opens wheres he not belong!
ps2_crime_theft1: Bes Garrett here! Bes thievering!
ps2_crime_tres1: Bes Garrett sneaksing arounds here!
ps2_obs_pl_friend2: Leafs and mead, Garrett.
ps2_pagancornerstone1: Bes greens and grows, bes Garrett does this for us.
ps2_repri_hurtother_init1: Gets away from thems! Garrett!
ps2_repri_stare_init2: Bes staring, Garrett? Bes careful you not loses your both eyes.
ps2_repri_thrown_init1: Not bes funny, Garrett.
ps2_repri_vandal_init1: Go breaksy your own thingers, Garrett.

p4_cret_kil_pl1: Leafs and bugs, come feeders on dead Garrett flesh....
p4_crime_hurtother1: Bes Garrett attackering the woodsie friends!
p4_crime_threat1: Bes Garrett tryerings to kill me!
p4_obs_pl_friend2: Bes them troubling moon tonight, Garrett.
p4_obs_pl_neutral1: Dyan havers them visionings about you...manfool Garrett.
p4_repri_tres_init2: Cityhead Garrett thinks he comes here? Gets you lost.

His landlord knows him (and what about Bob, the apartment guard?)

kabatta
16th Jun 2009, 12:22
Most of those quotes are from TDS. They were put there so you can be paranoid that everybody knows you and to not put a proper explanation why everybody knew where Garrett lives.The undercity knows of him, but I don't think that the mainstream does.

ToMegaTherion
16th Jun 2009, 12:23
Since a few of the City Watch in Metal Age know what he looks like, it seems plausible that most of them do.

Platinumoxicity
16th Jun 2009, 12:55
The factions in the series are not collective conciousnesses that all have the same mind where exact information about every person and their surroundings are transferred to every member of the faction. There are young members that just recently have been initated and there are old members who have died and taken their information to the grave. There should be a selected few who know Garrett by name and appearance. Garrett is not an extraordinary bright beacon in the night, he's one in a million, a citizen, he's a brick in the wall, not an idol.

BTW, what are these "Bees" that every pagan is constantly talking about?
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4681/bseq.png

Hypevosa
16th Jun 2009, 12:58
I gotta say if I saw a brick in the wall with a mechanical eye....

ToMegaTherion
16th Jun 2009, 13:14
BTW, what are these "Bees" that every pagan is constantly talking about?

I don't know, but I heard that the bees are just a little squirly.

Or perhaps the pagans really are a hive mind?

kabatta
16th Jun 2009, 13:26
Hopefully not made to seem the same like the sabbat from the Vampires series. :P

jtr7
16th Jun 2009, 18:42
Garrett is known to anybody that needs to know him.

He's recognized as THE thief, not A thief.

All you have to remember is that even the few non-conversation quotes in T1/G/2 may be said by any AI of that faction assigned those voices. Same goes for the T3 ones, but don't trivialize what is there to suit yourselves. There is clear evidence he is legend and he is rumor and he has a reputation, and anyone with authority or money whao wants to can learn of him and track him down. All three games. Nevermind the larger amount in TDS. TDS has more than twice the stuff of the earlier games combined, inferior as it may be.

Aristofiles
16th Jun 2009, 22:47
I think Garrett hold a position as a well known thief amongst the people who would know sutch things, fellow thiefs, shady taverns ec. After all he takes on assignments and have friends. The city watch is well awere of him apparnatly. However i think he is good enough never to leave any real evidence. Il say it once again, Garrett is a thief! he aint a shadow, a acrobat, a assasin... hes not even a keeperwho fights to remain hidden at all times. The only time he make a affort not to be seen is on missions.

Hypevosa
16th Jun 2009, 23:29
The only time he make a affort not to be seen is on missions.

and it's only on those missions where someone would guess it was him. On the city streets people wouldn't go OMG black robes it's garrett! If he walked up to them, looked them in the eye, and then zoomed his mechanical eye in and out, yeah, they could probably guess it was him...

I played garrett in a DnD game one time, and that's how I intimidated someone into letting us pass a toll bridge... *grabs man by the collar of his shirt, stares right into his eyes and then zooms his mechanical eye in and out* "We need to pass..." "Ok ok, you can pass!" We were playing in broad daylight, and there was a party, so no sneaking.

XD

Hypevosa
7th Jul 2009, 22:52
well now that people are talking about it, I'll put it up here.