PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite fan missions

Inspector Drept
14th Jun 2009, 00:17
I sincerely believe that Garrett has gained so many fan missions that he´s the game character with most created user content and gameplay.

And speaking of Fan Missions, what are your favorites?
And do you make fan missions yourself?

I just started T2X, the most famous mod, and I´m loving it. Feels like a professional Thief game to me. Besides they manage to make the new protagonist very interesting.

As for fan missions, I have tried Dromed but it´s very difficult to learn. I´m used to Hammer, which feels more intuitive. I have made a fan mission based in Paris, where a buglar named Chat Noir is working for the Marquis de Sade. It may sound interesting but the mission I made was ridiculous. I hope the new editor is very user friendly so I may try to make better missions with it.

Belboz
14th Jun 2009, 01:41
whats this got to do with thief 4.

Inspector Drept
14th Jun 2009, 02:07
It´s related since a lot of Dromeders will like to see remakes of classic levels and favorite fan missions on the TH4 engine.
And also because here we can give advice on how to make a steath mission maker, both for professionals and for amateurs.

DarthEnder
14th Jun 2009, 07:56
I wanna say...Shadows of the Metal Age. Which was a whole campaign I think. I really liked the story and the enemies in that.

Also, the enemies in Equilibrium are fantastic.

And I like any FM that has new arrows. :p

But really, you can just use http://www.thiefmissions.com/search.cgi?search=&sort=rating#m

It kinda answers the question immediately, and much more broadly.

Hamadriyad
14th Jun 2009, 13:55
I played just a few fan mission. T2X, COSAS and 2 more. I believe COSAS will be the best when is finished.
I want to play Dark Mod(thieves den and tears of st. lucia) but I can't play. I don't know what is wrong. I have doom 3 and I have done eerything that they say. Anyone can help me?

Hareton
15th Jun 2009, 16:34
Ominous Bequest was my favourite mission.
CoSaS mission X was big disappointment.

Belboz
15th Jun 2009, 16:39
I dont think we would get editor for the engine due to who the engine belongs to, it aint like source. it looks like is a void world where levels are made in 3dmax and plonked into the game void.

There's some places in tomb raider underworld, which uses the same engine, where you can use a crouch trick with water and the edge of a flat brush, to fall out of the world, you fall until the engine crashes, if you fall out of source you get a leak crash and hall of mirriors effect, fall out of thief 1 and 2 would cause the instant heart attack effect.

Myth
15th Jun 2009, 20:39
The Seven Sisters, Callendra's Legacy, Return to Rocksbourg, The Inverted Manse, come to the top of my head. I'm still to play missions done by Digital Nightfall but i'm sure he is not praised for nothing.

A fan mission or two converted in to actual Thief 4 levels would be so grand and such a great tribute to the true fans from TTLG and the other FM communities, that it would secure a place for the devs in to taffer heaven!

esme
16th Jun 2009, 13:25
oooooo way too many to list

off the top of my head

the maelstrom. the rocksbourg series, the calendra series, ashen age, lampfire hills, the cosas missions (gathering at the inn & mission x), keeper of the prophecies series, inverted manse, l'arsene, pirates ahoy, t2x, temple of the tides and many many more

all of which I have archived on DVD

plus I have a bit of a soft spot for baffords town house, not in the same league as the others, but as I wrote it, I have to like it :D

DiegoFloor
16th Jun 2009, 22:30
I don't remember the names! There were some real master pieces.. o_O

Also, I'm really looking forward to see whats gonna come out the dark mod! :)

BrendaEM
18th Jun 2009, 14:18
Ominous Bequest, Rowen's Curse, and Satero Returns Home

Belboz
18th Jun 2009, 14:29
Then they ought to play 'The Temple of the Dark Savant' it being a puzzle and trap ridden death hole, something the tomb raider engine could easily handle. It contains hammerite, keeper and undead areas all rollled up into one big package.