PDA

View Full Version : Closed Alpha Content

LinkPK
22nd Feb 2014, 09:16
Hey! The first time I played to the Closed Alpha I decided to record it, but I didn't upload it because it's illegal, but, once the Closed Beta is on, can I upload that Alpha gameplay I have or it still being illegal?

Thanks.

SolusSerpentsong
22nd Feb 2014, 10:20
I'm willing to bet we'll get an updated terms of service/non-disclosure agreement as soon as beta begins... which we'll have to agree on. It should indicate whether content is allowed to be shared at this point or not.

-Sol62287

Tzudro
23rd Feb 2014, 04:38
Hey! The first time I played to the Closed Alpha I decided to record it, but I didn't upload it because it's illegal, but, once the Closed Beta is on, can I upload that Alpha gameplay I have or it still being illegal?

Thanks.

I agree entirely with Solus. If it is not mentioned, until you receive an official answer from a member of the dev team, assume it is not allowed and do not post it. Perhaps direct communication would be a better avenue of approach as opposed to the forums which the devs might not have to time to see.

IizGrohiik
23rd Feb 2014, 05:51
normal wird es angekündigt im blog.
war bisher in jedem game, sobald man es veröffentlichen durfte gab es eine große ankündigung.
ob das hier genauso wird müssen wir noch warten, bei close beta ist das so ne sache, aber bei open beta dürfte man es meist.
du bist da nicht der einzige der darauf wartet, es gibt genug noch andere die darauf warten sehnsüchtig^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

normally it is announced in the blog.
was so far in every game, once you could publish it there was a big announcement.
if that is just here we have to wait, at the close beta is so ne thing, but when open beta is likely to be there mostly.
you're not the only one waiting for it, there are enough other the waiting longingly ^ ^

LinkPK
23rd Feb 2014, 10:33
Okay! Thank you all!

lucinvampire
23rd Feb 2014, 12:17
Monkeythumbz has mentioned the NDA will be lifted once Closed Beta begins which means you will be able to record, stream and screen capture and upload somewhere public, until Beta starts you are still signed to the NDA agreement so please don't upload anywhere until Beta begins (not when Alpha finishes) . Hope that helps :D

IizGrohiik
24th Feb 2014, 10:15
das heißt ja ab heute bzw. in den nächsten tagen?
ich hoffe das dauert nicht so lange, sonst werd ich bald thief spielen ^^°

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that is indeed starting today or in the next days?
I hope that does not last as long, or I'll soon thief play ^ ^ °

LinkPK
30th Dec 2015, 07:45
Hi, I will try to re-open the thread to make sure if I can upload that video that I was talking about. The game is already full-released but I still don't know if it's still illegal to upload Alpha Content. Thanks.

lucinvampire
5th Jan 2016, 13:43
Hi, I will try to re-open the thread to make sure if I can upload that video that I was talking about. The game is already full-released but I still don't know if it's still illegal to upload Alpha Content. Thanks.

Dude I so want to see this old footage for memories sake, if you do not get a response on here from the devs (sadly I personally don't know the rules on this as it'll be legal blahhhhhh) then it maybe best to drop Oghamsmith (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/member.php?u=207776) a PM and ask the question direct and see if he can find out the answer for you.

Oghamsmith
6th Jan 2016, 11:29
Hi there,

I'm afraid the NDA that you agreed to at the time when jumping into the Alpha is still in effect for all Alpha footage, which means that we don't condone the publication of video captured during the Alpha.