PDA

View Full Version : Secrets in Garrett's Home

Hamadriyad
9th Jun 2009, 09:18
Do you remember Ambush mission,there was a secret at Garrett's home, in wardrobe.Of course you do;) It was cool.
What about more secrets? Secret passage, back doors etc.There is always a risk for an ambush.(especially for a thief like Garrett.)

Hypevosa
9th Jun 2009, 09:22
I think in TDS if you buy all the practice locks and pick them a trap door opens up in the living room as well... There should always be one secret room in Garrett's home where he stores all his... spare tools, and preferably his rainy day fund as well.

Hamadriyad
9th Jun 2009, 09:28
I think in TDS if you buy all the practice locks and pick them a trap door opens up in the living room as well... There should always be one secret room in Garrett's home where he stores all his... spare tools, and preferably his rainy day fund as well.

I never understand meaning of that lock! I thought that was a bug:mad2: Please tell me how can I unlock that.
Also I never picking of chest lock in goldsmith.

Hypevosa
9th Jun 2009, 09:38
You just go to the store in each district and buy the practice lock they sell... if you go through and pick all those locks when they're on your wall, you unlock a trap door in the living room that you can enter. At least I think that's what's supposed to happen. I haven't played TDS through again yet.

Hamadriyad
9th Jun 2009, 09:39
You just go to the store in each district and buy the practice lock they sell... if you go through and pick all those locks when they're on your wall, you unlock a trap door in the living room that you can enter. At least I think that's what's supposed to happen. I haven't played TDS through again yet.

Thanks a lot.:)

esme
9th Jun 2009, 10:40
I've always thought it strange that Garrett the master thief, the expert on security systems - well disabling them at least, the most wanted man in the city is content to live in rented accommodation where everyone knows who he is and could turn him in to the watch at the drop of a hat, in rooms that have only one way in or out

the very first thing I would do is make sure there's another way out, preferably with all my equipment ready for quick pick up as I use it, just in case

TDS didn't have a trap door in Garretts living room, if you mean the suspicious square object set into the floor, well it's a table that the developers put in incorrectly, I had a look with the editor after spending hours trying to get it open, if you do the pagan or hammer side quests that's where there little gifts turn up

huzi73
9th Jun 2009, 10:43
Thanks a lot.:)

yeah,really gives me a reason to replay TDS!!!:o

Hypevosa
9th Jun 2009, 10:55
I've always thought it strange that Garrett the master thief, the expert on security systems - well disabling them at least, the most wanted man in the city is content to live in rented accommodation where everyone knows who he is and could turn him in to the watch at the drop of a hat, in rooms that have only one way in or out

the very first thing I would do is make sure there's another way out, preferably with all my equipment ready for quick pick up as I use it, just in case

TDS didn't have a trap door in Garretts living room, if you mean the suspicious square object set into the floor, well it's a table that the developers put in incorrectly, I had a look with the editor after spending hours trying to get it open, if you do the pagan or hammer side quests that's where there little gifts turn up

Well I know there's something associated with buying and picking all the practice locks... it may not be the trap door, but there is something. I just don't remember what :(

Thieffanman
10th Jun 2009, 04:59
What about more secrets? Secret passage, back doors etc.There is always a risk for an ambush.(especially for a thief like Garrett.)

Hell, in T4 I'd like a "Batcave": A hidden place where Garrett can store his goods and loot if his apartment gets broken into, like it was in TDS.

Ideally, in my perfect Thief 4 game, Garrett would have access to different types of weapons: throwing knives, shortswords, longswords, crossbows, etc. Why not have a Batcave --or maybe a Bat-hidden-closet-- where all of these things could be stashed, ready for the player's choice to use them :).

Well I know there's something associated with buying and picking all the practice locks... it may not be the trap door, but there is something. I just don't remember what :(

Now I'm curious. I don't remember anything special happening once I grabbed all the practice locks. Does anyone out there have the info?

--Thieffanman

Hypevosa
10th Jun 2009, 05:23
I think I must have dreamt it up or something, because I can't find mention of it anywhere... >_> I'll see when I get all of em anyways.

jtr7
10th Jun 2009, 05:26
I'd never heard of that, but I did wonder what that trapdoor-looking thing was about. Since I would never buy the practice locks, and since I've never heard this mentioned until now--unlike Garrett's TMA closet, which has been discussed a lot--I went and looked in T3Ed. Although I have no idea what happens in-game, there is no space under it, but the door is the top of a table. The legs and supports are under it. I'd like to see a video. :)

If it's true, it sounds like an Easter Egg.

Anyway, it just makes sense for Garrett to have hidden caches of emergency equipment, health potions, keys or other means of getting through City Gates, keys to safehouses (which I also want to see), and other provisions for having to flee his apartment or to avoid entrapment should someone come hunting for him there--again.

Alex50
10th Jun 2009, 05:41
In TDS it not the hatch, and the support for a gift Hammerite (after destruction of all rusty bugs occurs a water pipe)
There should be Some secret exits - on a street through a window, on a roof, in a cellar and water drains. Some hiding places for a storage of the equipment. An apartment Garrett to look ascetically. Garrett does not steal for greed.

jtr7
10th Jun 2009, 05:52
I did notice in T3Ed, the pipe, a bush, and moss crystals. It really looked like a hatch, and I kept wondering what the heck it was about. It shouldn't have been there at all until you receive your reward. Thanks Alex50.

We know he steals for the thrill of thieving mostly, but he has been greedy, and lost an eye for it.

He was warned, too:
statueme.wav: "Greed shall be your undoing, poor Garrett."

Alex50
10th Jun 2009, 06:54
Dear jtr7, you say words Constantine. He was angered on Garrett, because he managed to steal of an eye, which was not possible to him (word of the keepers in the same roller). And that the old god in true motives of the dexterous thief understands. ;)

jtr7
10th Jun 2009, 08:02
What?

The prophecy was about Garrett's greed at the promise of 100000 gold leading him to have his eye undone from its socket. I didn't say anything about Constantine's motives, or Constantine's reasons for any of it. I know all this. I'm saying Garrett WAS greedy, and still is. He salivates about how much money he gets for some of his jobs. ;)