PDA

View Full Version : deus ex three at PAX?

super...
6th Jun 2009, 21:32
PAX would make a nice place to show the game off. i wonder if eidos has a booth. i don't remember seeing them in the past but i haven't paid attention to that side of gaming for a while.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Jun 2009, 21:35
Its on in September, right?
Still too early, I think.

Arach666
31st Aug 2009, 19:03
Scuse my ignorance,but what is PAX?

Zombie Fred
31st Aug 2009, 19:23
Scuse my ignorance,but what is PAX?

PAX is the Penny Arcade Expo event, a nice way for several studios to come along and hang with the community, where other reveals are shown from companies on their upcoming games :)

I doubt we will see Deus Ex 3 there at any point. I think November/December at minimal.

spm1138
31st Aug 2009, 20:10
Its on in September, right?
Still too early, I think.

It'd be nice if we got to see some of these much maligned concepts like cover and regen in action.

René
31st Aug 2009, 20:55
Nope, DX3 won't be there.

Jerion
31st Aug 2009, 20:59
Well, that settles that.

Arach666
31st Aug 2009, 21:46
Guess so...

Oh,and i assume that pax is the US,rigth?

dixieflatline
1st Sep 2009, 19:35
Seattle.

Ya didn't think there was even a remote chance of the game showing up .

Necros
2nd Sep 2009, 09:24
I think EM should start showing the game in September because there will be a lot of big games coming out in and after october and they'll get most of the attention, so it will be harder to reach more people. But I could be wrong of course. :)

dark_angel_7
2nd Sep 2009, 10:47
I think EM should start showing the game in September because there will be a lot of big games coming out in and after october and they'll get most of the attention, so it will be harder to reach more people. But I could be wrong of course. :)

Unlikely. Eidos has just released the successful Batman and is now going to release Mini Ninjas (11th September), Championship Manager 2010 (11th September) and PC version of Batman (11th September). Well Eidos certainly does have something for 11th September. :D They are going to focus their efforts on those products and all their marketing on launching those products as best as possible which is essential as Mini Ninjas is a new I.P. and Championship Manager 2010 is a reboot of the franchise and needs to prove itself.

TBH I don't think we'll see anything till maybe November. If we don't see anything by then, then I think I'd start getting a tad worried...

spm1138
2nd Sep 2009, 15:19
Actually, I'd be pretty happy if they didn't rush this for any particular holiday season.

SageSavage
2nd Sep 2009, 15:48
Yes and I would be equally happy if they don't hold it back for months because of strategical reasons (MW2-effect, christmas, etc) either.

Jerion
2nd Sep 2009, 16:45
I remember reading a while back that the marketing plan for DX3 would kick in again in late 2009...November is in late 2009...and so is MIGS.

dark_angel_7
2nd Sep 2009, 16:54
I remember reading a while back that the marketing plan for DX3 would kick in again in late 2009...November is in late 2009...and so is MIGS.

I hope my predictions were right then. :whistle:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Sep 2009, 18:27
Spring 2010 would suit me better; I just want to get all the Christmas & New Year hype out of the way.

IOOI
2nd Sep 2009, 22:39

Merveilleux! Je suis trés content. :D

Where is the french forum? I want to train ma french.

Necros
3rd Sep 2009, 15:21
Well, then I hope they have a good plan because it won't be easy to get noticed. :) They'd better start the dev blog and put out many gameplay videos and screenshots too, and let the major gaming sites preview the game. It's gonna be a long wait till November... But I hope you're wrong and we'll see something before that. :D