PDA

View Full Version : Things to fix ....

RhIno_
4th Jun 2009, 12:23
I just started playing Deadly Shadows again and made made a short list after the first two missions of things that I think need fixing in Thief 4.

People's spines do not generally act like pieces of rubber when bending backwards so unconscious victims should not fold at the centre like paperwork - especially backwards.
On picking locks, the second ring always seems to be at the 3 o'clock position - how about some random placement ?
When coshing people, I prefer the T2 method of pressing left mouse and the cosh rises, and releasing it lets it drops. The DS version is like swatting a fly and doesnt allow you to run with the blackjack raised.
Split maps ...... no, the world has moved on and they are annoying.

Thats me done for now - roll on the release :wave:

esme
4th Jun 2009, 12:47
don't forget that annoying little "sweet spot" feature, so you know you are in the right position for a BJ hit, your arm comes up and the AI in front of you helpfully shifts round a little so you get a clean hit

very obliging of them but I wish they wouldn't do it

another vote for the T2 method here

huzi73
4th Jun 2009, 13:39
I just started playing Deadly Shadows again and made made a short list after the first two missions of things that I think need fixing in Thief 4.

People's spines do not generally act like pieces of rubber when bending backwards so unconscious victims should not fold at the centre like paperwork - especially backwards.
On picking locks, the second ring always seems to be at the 3 o'clock position - how about some random placement ?
When coshing people, I prefer the T2 method of pressing left mouse and the cosh rises, and releasing it lets it drops. The DS version is like swatting a fly and doesnt allow you to run with the blackjack raised.
Split maps ...... no, the world has moved on and they are annoying.

Thats me done for now - roll on the release :wave:

Amen

Direlord
4th Jun 2009, 17:24
For the spine thing that was very common when rag doll physics were first introduced. It has since been fixed in any AAA title so hopefully this will not be a problem in Thief 4.

I do agree on 3 assuming cosh is the same as blackjack just different name for language barrier. Being able to raise it and keep it raised is better IMO than just click to use.

huzi73
4th Jun 2009, 17:28
Cosh = blackjack

Knight
6th Jun 2009, 20:27
bigger levels

ChrisDS
8th Jun 2009, 21:58
How about larger city scapes to roam around in? It has been a very long time since i've played TDS but I remember hitting invisible walls all over the place that T1+2 didn't seem to have. I also remember TDS being a good game but much to short for the thief series.

Myth
9th Jun 2009, 02:33
don't forget that annoying little "sweet spot" feature, so you know you are in the right position for a BJ hit, your arm comes up and the AI in front of you helpfully shifts round a little so you get a clean hit

very obliging of them but I wish they wouldn't do it YES YES YES! Dear GOD how could i forget that.. So damn annoying, this breaks immersion as much as farking loot glint and purple loading fog o'doom.

Nate
9th Jun 2009, 02:36
LOL!!!!!

I totally forgot how your victims would move their bodies around a bit to help you get perfect hits on the back of their heads.....that was so awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!