PDA

View Full Version : Episodic content?

jay pettitt
3rd Jun 2009, 09:19
Oh well ****

I was hoping to get a little poll going, but the poll option promised in the forum FAQ didn't happen as anticipated. (Are poll making rights reserved for members past a certain post count Victoria? - if so maybe the FAQ could be updated...)

So yeah, you know what it is... Perhaps if you shout "Awesome!!!", "Nooooooo!" or "Make episodic content optional" really loudly then victoria will hear and keep count. :/

(or perhaps one of you cool kids who have worked out how to make the video recorder machine work could make a proper episodic content poll :flowers:)

huzi73
3rd Jun 2009, 10:32
Oh well ****

I was hoping to get a little poll going, but the poll option promised in the forum FAQ didn't happen as anticipated. (Are poll making rights reserved for members past a certain post count Victoria? - if so maybe the FAQ could be updated...)

So yeah, you know what it is... Perhaps if you shout "Awesome!!!", "Nooooooo!" or "Make episodic content optional" really loudly then victoria will hear and keep count. :/

(or perhaps one of you cool kids who have worked out how to make the video recorder machine work could make a proper episodic content poll :flowers:)

I posted roughly 130 posts last month,as soon as this month started,I became gamer and can now create polls.:o.so either wait a month,or request one of the many posters who can create polls to help,and we will gladly help on your behalf.(Im not really good at it,so you make the options and everything else,and then I'll set one up for you,just please make it sensible;))

esme
3rd Jun 2009, 10:36
can you explain further what you mean by episodic content please

DoomyDoomyDoomDoom
3rd Jun 2009, 10:43
If you mean little pieces of Thief 4 released every year, then I will have to give that a big fat smelly HELL NO! And while I'm at it, don't make me pay for crappy little downloadables after release. I might be okay paying a little for another set of quality maps.

I'm not cool with having to wait and pay for another little part of the story. That's hella lame.

so yea, screw 'episodes' they should just take their time and give me the whole movie.

jay pettitt
3rd Jun 2009, 11:25
I posted roughly 130 posts last month,as soon as this month started,I became gamer and can now create polls.:o.so either wait a month,or request one of the many posters who can create polls to help,and we will gladly help on your behalf.(Im not really good at it,so you make the options and everything else,and then I'll set one up for you,just please make it sensible;))

Holy cow, I was hoping never to get all the way up to 130 posts. Cheers huzi - I was thinking something like:

Episodic Content (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Episodic_games)... Thiaf...

[ ] Awesome!!!
[ ] A big fat smelly HELL NO!!!
[ ] Expansion Packs for the win!!!
[ ] Make episodic content optional!!!

huzi73
3rd Jun 2009, 12:06
Holy cow, I was hoping never to get all the way up to 130 posts. Cheers huzi - I was thinking something like:

ok,thats a start,but is it going to be half life style episodes,or a full game and then dlc paid for like fallout 3,or is it going to be free dlc like burnout

also,keep in mind,that gabe newell of valve,is rethinking the whole episodic content approach he undertook with the half life episodes,apparently,it didnt go as well as expected,and the same applied to SIN,infact they sucked so much at it,that the second SIN episode has been postponed indefinately.

Necros
3rd Jun 2009, 12:51
Episodic Content
[* ] A big fat smelly HELL NO!!!
There.

But I would like to get expansion packs, real expansion packs, like Thief Gold was, so put in a lot of new content and some improvements are always welcome.

jay pettitt
3rd Jun 2009, 13:17
ok,thats a start,but is it going to be half life style episodes,or a full game and then dlc paid for like fallout 3,or is it going to be free dlc like burnout

also,keep in mind,that gabe newell of valve,is rethinking the whole episodic content approach he undertook with the half life episodes,apparently,it didnt go as well as expected,and the same applied to SIN,infact they sucked so much at it,that the second SIN episode has been postponed indefinately.

Don't ask me - that's what the thread is for. (I'm not one for second guessing every possible connotation - especially given some of the stuff you lot come up with)

I think Valve's episodes for HalfLife are basically serialised expansion packs rather than episodic in the sense of American McGee's Grimm Tales. I was hoping the linky to Wikipedia would suffice for workable definitions but I could write something...

A full release is a traditional game release, with a complete campaign of missions, just like Thief 1, 2 and 3.
Episodic games release content in regular, small, episodes,
Expansion Packs are occaisional, larger, releases of additional content on top of a full release.
Options are what you plump for when you're terminally indecisive.

Thinking about it, if it's possible, you could maybe make this a multiple choice poll and provide the options thus

[ ] Gimme a full release!!!
[ ] Gimme small, regular, episodic content!!!
[ ] Gimme expansion packs!!!
[ ] Expanding episodes should be fully optional!!!

That way, if you were so inclined you could opt for a full release followed by episodic content. Or an expansion pack without a game. Or something.

I think we're good now. Go for it!

huzi73
3rd Jun 2009, 14:40
there,its done.People can vote now

jay pettitt
3rd Jun 2009, 14:48
Thanks. Just need to get this thread closed...

Ubisoft Montreal make the best games in the world

That should do it.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Jun 2009, 18:45
Haha! I like that. :D

As requested, thread closed. :)

Poll Creation Update

If any members with high status are unable to see the poll option, or those with status 'new gamer' that require a poll created for them, please send a PM to @m ( http://forums.eidosgames.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=17) and help will be on its way. :)
Please make sure you link to thread that you want poll created and list the options you require.
If you are just reporting a problem, give as much detail as possible.