PDA

View Full Version : E3 and Thief

hellwalker
1st Jun 2009, 18:23
Worlds Biggest Game Conference. I sure hope to see more then a logo revealed at this event. I hope for some new Deus Ex stuff as well.

but I can't find link to Eidos Conference :( I don't want to miss it, has anyone any info on this?

MasterTaffer
1st Jun 2009, 18:26
I'm 95% sure they won't have anything of Thief 4 to display at E3. They may touch on it in their conference as it is a very freshly announced game, but that's it. I also am not expecting much on Deus Ex 3, but there is a bigger possibility of it apppearing than Thief 4. We'll just have to be patient for info is the basic theme here.

And for those who can't be patient, well.... Sucks to be you is all I can say.

That being said, this is going to be a huge E3, regardless of Thief's presence. I'm very looking forward to it.

LightWarriorK
1st Jun 2009, 18:26
I don't know if Eidos has enough going on to warrant their own conference, but I'm sure they'll have a booth at least.

The gaming sites will probably cover everything that comes off the show floor in due time, so that's the best bet.

imported_van_HellSing
1st Jun 2009, 18:35
http://pc.ign.com/articles/982/982148p1.html

[Stephane D'Astous] did confirm that neither Thief 4 nor Deus Ex 3 would be on display at this year's E3 convention in Los Angeles.

hellwalker
1st Jun 2009, 19:37
Just watched microsoft conference, their new "you are controler" thing looks both lame, unrealistic and promising.

would anyone want to realtime sneak through shalebridge cradle?

after beating game on expert that way we thief fans would have enough skill to rob banks, infiltrate secret government facilities, rule the world! err.. ehem :D

LightWarriorK
1st Jun 2009, 19:39
As cool as Project Natal was, it's going to take a lot to make it anything more than casual gaming.

Without a controller, how would you tell the game to walk forward? If you walk in place, can it tell the difference between walking forward, backwards, or to the side?

It'll be interesting to see how they get it to work. Hopefully it'll be easy to develop for.

huzi73
2nd Jun 2009, 08:35
It would be retarded to expect them to give anything more than mention thief at E3,maybe not even a mention,maybe that will come later in the year at GDC.

hellwalker
2nd Jun 2009, 17:37
It would be retarded to expect them to give anything more than mention thief at E3,maybe not even a mention,maybe that will come later in the year at GDC.

why? they should at least have some concept art by now

MasterTaffer
2nd Jun 2009, 18:29
The Natal is going to end up making just as big a splash the that stupid EyeToy thing on the PS2 did. Once everyone gets past the gimmick, it'll sit on people's shelves without any software coming out for it.