PDA

View Full Version : A Possible Time Line of Lara's Life!

Pulse
24th May 2009, 08:59
Note: neither Some events of The Last Revalation or the Angel of Darkness are included because there is nowhere they fit as of now, in my mind.

EDIT: I squeezed in The Last Revalation! Also the angel of darkness happened because Lara had her last revalation and decided to become something new: Crystal's Lara. She grew up basically.

Lara's Age-Event

9- The planecrash in the himalayas and dissapearance of her mother

14- The death of Lara's father

16- Lara's younger missions form The Last Revalation

17- Lara discovers the Bestiary

18- The accident in Paraiso

21- Ms. Croft finds the Philosopher's Stone

22- "Big Foot" is discovered by Lady Lara Croft

22- The Events of Tomb Raider

23- Tomb Raider II events

24- Lara finds the Golden Mask

24- In Von Croy's VCI headquarters Lara recovers the Iris

25- Tomb Raider III happens

25- The Last Revalation

28- Legend happens

28- Our newest feature in Tomb Raider happens! hello Underworld!

aussie500
24th May 2009, 09:17
There was nothing to indicate TR2-6 involved a "young" Lara she is just the usual age 28. Lara was 15 when daddy vanished, and 16 in both the young Lara adventures in TR4 and TR5, they both occurred in the same year according to Core Design.

John Akam
24th May 2009, 09:29
I, myself, am not quite agree with the way you sequenced the events by age. I don't believe Lara has 'age'. She's just she. Like James Bond...been around since the fifties I believe? And he made it well to 2008. By shaking off the age sequence, you can easily fit TRLR and AoD - somewhere after Underworld. :lol:

Max 28
24th May 2009, 10:05
Lara Croft has always been kinda an ageless character for me with the exception of when she is obviously younger like the start of TR:4.

Ol.a
24th May 2009, 10:37
Lara Croft has always been kinda an ageless character for me with the exception of when she is obviously younger like the start of TR:4.

+1
I think it's cool the fact that she was younger in older titles and now she is a grown up person/ woman (don't forget that some people/fans have also grown up with Lara and that was absolutely normal to them), but, guys..
Do you really wanna Lara to get old???????:eek:

Flintmelody
24th May 2009, 14:03
Kind of there with the timeline. I would have liked to see more about Von Croy in. The last revalation (with Lara going missing) and the AOD events need to get a place to make it a great timeline.

jayjay119
24th May 2009, 18:47
The problem here is that of solid and undefined dates. Core design gave Lara a date of birth in TR1, then in TR4 they named the time that young lara is with Wernor. TR1 is set in 1996, and TR2 sometime in 1997. Other than that, we don't know when the other TRs were set or how long they lasted. For all we know TR2, 3 and 4 could have all taken place in the same year, as we don't know how long each of these expeditions lasted, if we say each expedition lasts about a month and then Lara takes a break for a couple of months, all 3 could have taken place in 1997. We know that AOD takes place only a few moths after the events of TR4. So even if TR4 was set in its year of release, 2000 AOD would be set in this year as well despite the fact it was released in 2003. It's the same with Legend and Underworld. Legend was obviously meant to be set modern day, in the year it was released so if Legend was set in 2005 then so is underworld despite the fact that it was released in 2008 as it occurs only a few weeks after Legend. This make it hard to judge how old Lara is and when her expeditions are set after TR2!

John Akam
25th May 2009, 09:22
@jayjay119 , don't bother thinking of her age. She's ageless.

jayjay119
28th May 2009, 01:49
I wasn't thinking of her age, I was just saying with certain periods with defined dates and others without its hard to draw up a timeline. There are certain points which we do know, such as we know that TR2 occured the year after TR1,and we know that the VCI Headquarters section of Chronicles happened before TR3 because she has the Iris in TR3 but not in number 2.

However we don't know when TR3, 4, 5, AOD, TRL and TRU happen in relation to each other.

IvanaKC
29th May 2009, 19:14
Just, in Underworld she is like 40 years old.

In Legend and Anniversary she is little bit younger. and she is not 28 years old. She is 40.

a_big_house
29th May 2009, 20:59
who really cares how old lara is, would you have a perfectly programmed woman or an old biddy to play???

IvanaKC
30th May 2009, 11:32
who really cares how old lara is, would you have a perfectly programmed woman or an old biddy to play???

Yeah, well you're right.....seems like Lara is like Aphrodite IX - perfect and lives forever:

http://i40.tinypic.com/e0frig.jpg