PDA

View Full Version : Hey, what about the Pagan war?

Herr_Garrett
24th May 2009, 08:56
The Pagans were preparing for war in DS. Well, what happened? Should this war be present in Thief IV? What sort of war would it be like?

Now that the Mechanists are gone the Pagans think it's time to revenge (?revenge?) themselves upon the City? Or is it simply conquest? A guerrila war, haha, eco-terrorism :D? Something more sinister, perhaps?

How could Garrett interfere with a war, if it comes to that? What effect would a(nother) war have on the City? How would, now that the Keepers are gone, the Balance be preserved?

Share your thoughts.

WVI
24th May 2009, 09:05
Oh God, it'd be Greenpeace all over again.

Gillie
24th May 2009, 09:35
What's wrong with Greenpeace? :flowers:
Seriously though why a war,That within Thief just does seem right, when they fought the Hammers in TDS it was kind of amusing, It is just ,taking it away from the Stealth so much. Not In Thief, It is not a War game.

WVI
24th May 2009, 09:50
'Twas facetious. Also, Gillie, I think you're missing the point. No one's asking you to fight in the war. It's just something relevant to the plot that could help guide its course.

Gillie
24th May 2009, 10:12
'Twas facetious. Also, Gillie, I think you're missing the point. No one's asking you to fight in the war. It's just something relevant to the plot that could help guide its course.

Yes I do get what you mean. It could be an outcome of what has happened. :)

Platinumoxicity
24th May 2009, 11:18
In Thief 1 the pagans were nonexistant in the City, or just hidden because Garrett didn't have to have anything to do with them. In Thief 2 Garrett was introduced to the pagan agents that keep an eye on the happenings in the City, but they were still unarmed, peaceful forest folk. They have no beef with the City as long as the City leaves them alone. They don't really have an organised war force, and they don't even really walk around wielding weapons. They're civilians. TDS made a really big mistake making them violent warmongers. It took away their innocence and right to protest against the technological progress and made them terrorists, worse than the Hammers. In Thief 2 they had to fight against the Mechanists because their plan was threatening the natural world that the pagans had peacefully reclaimed for themselves. Their intentions were not offensive but defensive. In TDS they were turned into the same close-minded, violent biggots that the Hammers are.

Also if they introduced a pagan war against the Hammerites and the City, wouldn't that be a bit old? I mean, Thief 1, anyone? Let's not try to recycle previous stories.

-Constantine-
24th May 2009, 19:21
I agree completely with the above post.

Also, the only Pagan who desired a full-scale war on the City was Larkspur. And I don't think Diane will ever allow him to start such a thing.

Gillie
24th May 2009, 20:15
I did know what happened. I said it could be an outcome,not that I necessarily agreed with it, fair comment though.
Besides nobody knows what T4 will be like at this moment or even if they will appear.

hexhunter
24th May 2009, 21:15
I say definitely yes, it was an idea I had also, and it would proove that the Keepers were important. I would like to play both while they're fighting around you and when they aren't.

I think Larkspur should try to assassinate High Priest Markander and somehow Garrett, being the One True Keeper, has to save him. Maybe it could be a player choice, or maybe he just has to be there and he saves himself. Then they retaliate by planting explosives in Pagan territory, and Garrett either has to steal them, or can steal them while he's there.

Speaking of Pagan levels, I wouldn't mind seeing one similiar to Trail of Blood, only in the day with god rays beaming through the branches, colourful plants growing in the light and shadows so dark you couldn't see your hand infront of your face. This is why graphics is important to Thief IV...

Thieffanman
24th May 2009, 21:21
TDS made a really big mistake making them violent warmongers. It took away their innocence and right to protest against the technological progress and made them terrorists, worse than the Hammers. In Thief 2 they had to fight against the Mechanists because their plan was threatening the natural world that the pagans had peacefully reclaimed for themselves. Their intentions were not offensive but defensive. In TDS they were turned into the same close-minded, violent biggots that the Hammers are.

Closed-minded, violent bigots in TDS? Exactly. I look at it this way: Maybe they took more of an active stance as a reaction to the Hammerites. Hammerites are a warrior priesthood with a very harsh ethos-- read some of the Hammerite scripture to get an idea about that :).

Hammerites actively oppose Pagans; I think it was just a matter of time in the Pagans' story evolution before they eventually felt the need to arm themselves and become more militant as a reaction. Plus, in order to make the Pagans more of a threat to Garret when he stole from them (ie. The Jacknall's Paw mission), they needed a threatening presence to make the mission(s) interesting: Pagans carrying weaponry, shaman wands actively damaged Garrett, and mutant plant creatures.

It would be interesting to see how this progresses in Thief 4; Maybe a civil war within Pagan society? Have one side actively championing an out-and-out war against technology in general (and Hammers in particular), and another side in favor of peaceful coexistence? Perhaps one side adopting Hammerite weapons and tactics (metal armor and weapons) to maintain a presence in the city, and the other side wanting 'purists'; only natural armor and weaponry (ie. clubs, bows and arrows, magic).

--Thieffanman

Platinumoxicity
24th May 2009, 22:25
I still can't hold the thought of pagans + war. They don't seem to go together. In fact, those malnutritioned swampfolk with wooden sticks* couldn't possibly make a respectable assault on the forces of the Hammerites, the City watch and the Baron's military combined without suffering total annihilation. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that if some outside barbarians from the woods would make an open assault on the Hammerites, there would be riot police and martial law in the City.

*T3 was wrong with the pagan weapons too. The pagans don't use metal. Stone, maybe, but not cold, dead, manfools' metal.

hexhunter
24th May 2009, 23:40
???

You realise they tried to destroy the City and its people in the Dark Project, then in their "innocent" period with the mechanists they were led by Viktoria, she wasn't exactly innocent herself, making Garrett steal the Eye for her god.

Besides, who wants to have a peaceful faction.for an enemy??

-Constantine-
25th May 2009, 00:19
I don't think The Trickster wanted to kill everyone. Maybe just the Hammerites. As for the City, it's buildings would've certainly be destroyed in the process, but I think his goal was to plunge the world back to it's origins, where people lived off the land and worshiped him as a god.

Karras was way more evil/deranged in this matter. He wanted to destroy everyone.

Myth
25th May 2009, 01:14
Humph.. I have a hard time accepting much of the stuff from TDS as cannon. However, if you guys remember, the City is in an actual REAL war with (oh damn it i forgot the name). And so, if the pagans did attack, they'd not be facing the soldiers but the City Watch and the Hammers.

But, what use do the pagans have of the stone and metal covered City, light by electric lights and filled with all manner of constructs? They would be spilling their blood for naught, and plus, without the Trickster or VIktroria to lead them, they would not fare well against the combined efforts of the sheriff's men and the Hammerite order.

Herr_Garrett
25th May 2009, 06:04
Blackbrook.

Aye, I never understood either why the Pagans were preparing for war; but if this idea could be given a good explanation, background and whatnot, it could be an important thread in the story of Thief IV - not as a "live action", but something which affects the City in the same way as the Plague did Rocksburg.

Platinumoxicity
25th May 2009, 08:27
Humph.. I have a hard time accepting much of the stuff from TDS as canon.

I have the exact same problem. I constantly feel like Ion Storm just took the original LGS team as hostages and intentionally designed the worst game in the series, with the worst controls and gameplay, the smallest levels and the worst possible ending that tied up all loose ends, explained and showed everything and transformed the main character into something that nobody should like. It gives the impression that either they didn't know anything about the games and worked according to hearsay, or they didn't know what made the games so good. I feel like they tried to murder the series and bury it under 5 storeys of concrete. I'm not saying that it's a completely bad game. It's a good game with a few cool designs, but on the other hand, many, many, terrible and very terrible decisions made in the design process. Warren Spector must have had a grudge for the original TPD.

Joke initated:
At least they had the decency to not having it named Thief 3, because:
Now we, and EM can ignore all that's happened between T2 and Thi4f!!!:DAnd everyone is happy,
except those who want superhero Garrett and little Thief riding hood.
Joke deactivated.

hexhunter
25th May 2009, 10:45
All the old games lacked character depth, maybe the main enemies would be quite well delved into, but other characters, Larkspur, Dyan, Markander, Drept, Cavador, Vylnia, and all those interesting sounding characters which pop up in texts, like Capezza, they just seem to be quite 2D.

If the politics of war makes Larkspur and Dyan more interesting characters, I'd be happy with that...

PS Thief DS is a GOOD game, it still manages 80% where TDP gets 85%, stop bashing it and look at it in context, the Thief brand is strong enough to survive even the buggiest of games.

Espion
25th May 2009, 11:36
All the old games lacked character depth

I almost stopped reading right there.

PS Thief DS is a GOOD game, it still manages 80% where TDP gets 85%, stop bashing it and look at it in context, the Thief brand is strong enough to survive even the buggiest of games.

I disagree. It was flawed, buggy, misrepresented the characteristics of the different factions and the main character himself, and was quite forgetable... But that's just my opinion. No amount of insistence from you will change that so please don't try to argue that point.

Also,

???

You realise they tried to destroy the City and its people in the Dark Project, then in their "innocent" period with the mechanists they were led by Viktoria, she wasn't exactly innocent herself, making Garrett steal the Eye for her god.

Besides, who wants to have a peaceful faction.for an enemy??

Wrong. The Trickster was an old God who had largely been left behind with the advancements the Hammerites had created. He wanted to restore the world to an uncivilised state where people were once again afraid of the dark and, by extension, worshipped/feared him as they used to.

His army were the various beasts that he and Viktoria commanded. Whilst they would provide a "threat" to the Hammers, it's obvious they would never be able to match them in all out war otherwise the Trickster would have just marched on the City instead of trying to to use the Eye. The modern technology of the Hammers, and later the Mechanists, outmatches the Trickster's forces easily.

The Pagans are a bunch of primitive people who simply worship the Trickster. They're just people who have shunned technology and wish to live a simpler life. Kind of like the Amish. They could offer little resistance to a Hammerite force as demonstrated when a village of them is wiped out in Thief 2.

You did actually play the first two games didn't you? Because I'm really getting the impression that you didn't here... that, or you just didn't bother reading anything or listening to anyone as you played. :scratch:

ToMegaTherion
25th May 2009, 11:40
So their God was killed, their villages purged, their next-best-thing-to-a-god was killed, and people are surprised that they decided to fight back?

Espion
25th May 2009, 11:54
But would a group of primitive villagers, vastly outnumbered and largely looked down upon, really be able to rally an army?

Where would they get recruits and weapons? Weapons that go against their way of life I might add. Where would they get training? Who would join them?

Sure, they may've gotten some extra recruits after the Mechanist fiasco, but how many people would really give up their comfortable way of life to go live in a damp cave?

The Pagan's are a minority. One that is ignored by most and disliked by the rest. The Trickster's Dark project was pretty much a final attempt to regain the lost glory days and now that he's gone there's little hope that they could ever form an army.

Perhaps a guerilla fighting force, as Herr garrett sugested, but there's no way they could form an army and in all likelihood most Pagans would want to do things to avoid further persecution by the Hammer's. Starting a war, no matter how they carried it out, would essentially be suicide for them.

Platinumoxicity
25th May 2009, 12:11
Yes, and since the Trickster isn't there to intimidate the alien civilizations to bring their forces into play like in TDP, and the few rogue chaos beasts that have decided to stay in the City are not of much help, If the pagans were stupid enough to try something, there would be none left after the genocide.

Myth
25th May 2009, 12:23
little Thief riding hood I laughed so hard :D

hexhunter
25th May 2009, 12:34
Espion, only you mentioned the army, if the Pagans had an army it would be the beasts but most of them are locked out of this world. A guerilla war is indeed what I would like to see, the civilians would go to great lengths to keep themselves hidden and their warriors would try to take out important Hammerites, supposedly to reduce the publics image of them. What else would you expect them to do when their worst enemy could wipe them out in seconds.

Also, if they don't use swords, what do they use? Macuahuitl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macuahuitl)?

Platinumoxicity
25th May 2009, 12:45
Also, if they don't use swords, what do they use? Macuahuitl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macuahuitl)?

They don't use metal. They only use wood, furs, soil and leaves. They don't forge steel. They live off the land.

Espion
25th May 2009, 12:57
Espion, only you mentioned the army, if the Pagans had an army it would be the beasts but most of them are locked out of this world. A guerilla war is indeed what I would like to see, the civilians would go to great lengths to keep themselves hidden and their warriors would try to take out important Hammerites, supposedly to reduce the publics image of them. What else would you expect them to do when their worst enemy could wipe them out in seconds.

A couple of people mentioned it. Not you, but I was responding to that concept as well.

A guerilla war is the only way they could fight, but that would result in suicide. I imagine that after Thief 2 the pagans would've gone into hiding to try and rebuild... Rather than squat in a building just around the corner from the docks.

hexhunter
25th May 2009, 14:00
Have you seen the trailer for that film Defiance, where WW2 breaks out and the jews make a new life in the forest, doing everything to save themselves. I think of the Pagans like them.

I don't know whether it's realistic but I frankly prefer TDS pagans, especially their sanctuary in South Quarter, it's more fun to play than trail of blood...

-- Deus X Machina

Herr_Garrett
25th May 2009, 15:16
have you seen the trailer for that film defiance, where ww2 breaks out and the jews make a new life in the forest, doing everything to save themselves. I think of the pagans like them.

I don't know whether it's realistic but i frankly prefer tds pagans, especially their sanctuary in south quarter, it's more fun to play than trail of blood...

-- deus x machina

urgh

---------------------------

A guerilla war, and a bit of ecoterrorism perhaps would not be suicide. The Pagans have a great advantage: the sewers. Apart from them, it is only used by the ?Keepers?, and the thieves.
Moreover, while the Hammers seemed to have somewhat renewed their former strength in DS, they were still not the wholesale-religious-fanatics-redhotpoker-inquisition-unacknowledged-leader-of-the-City faction they seemed to be in DP. In fact, there is a good situation in which war could explode: there seems to be a serious vacuum of power in the City. The Baron is probably still off (altough we don't know that), the Hammers are ailing, the Mechanists are gone along with the Keepers; the City is on the brink of chaos anyway... What if the Pagans seize the their chance and finally strike back? Pagan magic is formidable.

And their being despised is all the more an advantage, since no-one would take them seriously (even the nobles in Auldale consider them a pest rather than real danger), until a Treebeast has trampled their frail bodies into a greasy smear on the pavement and the vines feast on them, and come back in the night and tear of their rotting skins screaming.
Ehem.

So, I guess you get my point.

Platinumoxicity
25th May 2009, 15:58
Pagan magic is formidable.

What magic do you mean?
Pagans didn't really have magic until Thief 3, except for Viktoria and Constantine. Did they suddenly learn hocus-pocus when Vicky died in T2? :confused:

Herr_Garrett
25th May 2009, 19:59
What magic do you mean?
Pagans didn't really have magic until Thief 3, except for Viktoria and Constantine. Did they suddenly learn hocus-pocus when Vicky died in T2? :confused:

Well, there might be other wood nymphs. There are shamans. Since Hammers had from the very beginning their spellcasters, it's reasonable to have Pagan magic-users as well.

While I really don't like the picture of Pagans in DS, sadly it cannot be left out. And in DS Pagans have magic that was pretty effective in fighting against the Hammers - the stupid bugs (the genereal idea isn't wrong, just the execution), raising plants to prevent the proper burial of Arthur, and so forth. While it might not seem much, they are not to be underestimated.

Really, the Pagans are just the best for a guerilla-war.

DarthEnder
26th May 2009, 06:09
I just love how this idea of how the pagans are has formed in people's minds from the 2-3 pagan characters Garrett meets in T1 and T2, and now all pagans are like those people.

Pagan's don't have magic until T3? Because somehow, of the 3 pagan characters you met before, 2 of them having magic somehow lead you to believe none of the other pagans know magic?

Pagan's aren't violent, why exactly? Because you walked through one of their peaceful villages?

They're a people. Some of them are peaceful. Some of them are violent. Some of them are fanatics, just like the Hammerites. Obviously, the peaceful ones aren't gonna go near the city. The violent ones are, because that's where the fight is.

Durinda D'Bry
26th May 2009, 11:57
I think Hammer with Pagan war (as main plot or on background) could be most probable choice for new game. It is what Deadly Shadows left for legacy (as well as young thief caught by Garrett in the end) and it is better than return something from prev games (Trickster, mechanists etc). There could be also work for the Garrett to stop the city from be destroyed by them but I'm not sure how Garrett could be used without real changes in franchise - if he is just One True Keeper he is not thief anymore:)

huzi73
26th May 2009, 12:25
The pagan vs Hammer strugle is as eternal as the good vs evil one imho...

Petike the Taffer
26th May 2009, 19:28
I've thought about it for some time now... And yes, the impending threat of war between the Hammers and Pagans would probably be the best possible main theme of the storyline. It would also be more interesting this time, relying more on character-based drama than stereotypical sinister schemes of world domination or global destruction. It could also nicely continue the story as it was left in TDS. Now that there are no Keepers (a pity) and Garrett is the only one left, who's stopping the more fanatical members of the factions to unbalance them ? As I wrote recently in another thread over here :

How about finally establishing some sort of peace - or at least armistice - between the Hammers and the Pagans ? Don't get me wrong, they don't need to love each other or anything, but maybe both sides could be persuaded to coexist... Find a fitting modus vivendi... Or something... Maybe Garrett's ultimate mission in life as the Final Keeper is creating a peaceful balance between the two... ;) And yes, the story must be written sharply, convincingly and not riddled with heavy-handed clich├ęs and cheesiness...

As for the endless debate of which version of the Pagans is "correct" : All are.

The TMA Pagans are chilling out peacefully at home and get ambushed by a sudden Mechanist attack. They were caught by suprise, had no weapons readied and no chance to withstand the Mech offensive.

The TDS Pagans are very clearly not "civilian" Pagans, but skilled warriors and shamen of both sexes, sent out to the City as scouting and infiltration parties. They want to establish temporary bases of operations so they could later gain a greater foothold in the City and possibly start a guerilla war (the one mentioned in the Pagan Sanctuary OM) or a series of sabotages. The presence of Larkspur and Dyan - Viktoria's former right hands and current main leaders of the tribes - speaks for everything. As far as the establishing of new camps goes, they concentrate on abandoned or derelict places - but as we can see in the Pagan Sanctuary OM, they're also pretty confindent to take over entire estates and feed the unwilling local "manfools" to their magic roots and weeds (in the cave sanctuary, apparently)...

Don't forget the Pagans are also quite varied - they mostly consist of regular humans, but also magical beings (like Viktoria, possible other wood nymphs, the wisps...) and a lot of the animal-based humanoid races we've seen in all three games (the various "beastmen" species).

As for their tech, it certianly has at least an Iron Age level (farming and wood-carving tools in TMA, swords in TDS). I doubt they would just steal it. They aren't spoiled or undexterous brats, they live in the middle of wilderness, for crying out loud ! Humpf...

massimilianogoi
24th Jan 2011, 01:52
I just wanna tell that if someone is interested in talking about Pagans, there's a new thread now, in the official Thief forum:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1557591

Zhukov
24th Jan 2011, 14:14
Reading through this thread I found it funny that the Pagans were seen as peaceful, simple forest-dwellers. The Keepers always viewed both the Hammers and the Pagans as two sides of the same coin, both equally dangerous, whose agendas must be checked. Also many of their songs were pretty violent and were tinged with animosity towards technology and the Hammers, not aloofness or peace. I think any Pagan would rally to the Trickster if he called on them to fight, you got walking Sycamores, nymphs, beast-armies, magic-users, plus the Pagan populations could be pretty sizable, it's not quantified, and they clearly use metal weapons and can be militarized as seen in TDS. Using established canon (Even canon from the first 2 games) you could easily portray the Pagans as a dangerous faction who is able to invade a weakened city. I think the City slipping into general chaos is a good background for Thief 4, with all 3 factions hurting and the Baron on campaign, maybe organized crime will rule the city with the nobles retreating into their fortified mansions.

Nate
24th Jan 2011, 14:25
I suspect that the Pagans have lost a lot of their 'mmph' having lost BOTH their god and their lady of the vine.

I mean, their GOD is DEAD = less pressure from above to return the world to the wild.

massimilianogoi
24th Jan 2011, 15:29
May a GOD be really dead?..... Or in facts it was his mortal spoils??

Platinumoxicity
24th Jan 2011, 16:41
May a GOD be really dead?..... Or in facts it was his mortal spoils??

A dead god is more interesting because it doesn't conform to stereotypes. And all the mortal gods in Earth's ancient mythology have always been cooler than the newer ones that are always attributed with immortality. :) And I don't like it when something in Thief takes the easy way in fiction. A self-deified megalomaniacal manipulative freak with ego issues is much more interesting than a guy in the sky who can't die. And it bring nice irony that a small talking rock is more powerful than someone who fancies himself a god.

massimilianogoi
24th Jan 2011, 16:56
And what about the story that the Trickster and the Builder fought from the times of the times??

In my opinion only the Trickster's mortal spoils were dead, but his essence remained.

dsung
24th Jan 2011, 16:57
I hate the pagans more than the hammers. Even after the events of TMA I cannot forgive what they tried to do in TDP... especially Viktoria, speaking about a lost friend (I am sooooo sorry for you :rolleyes: :D). They are dangerous for The City just as Karras was.

Yes, I would like to see the announced huge war between the hammerites and the pagans, sounds intressting.

Nate
24th Jan 2011, 18:58
I know what you mean.....why would Garrett care at all about Viktoria? The ***** betrayed him + didn't pay him his due + tore his eye out of his head + left him for dead = friendship???? I guess Garrett is just more forgiving then me...or he is just so used to dealing with epic betrayal = it's is all good with him.

As for the Trickster being dead, we see that he's failed at a lot of stuff in the past (couldn't get the crown back for instance....and getting killed by Garrett is another instance) = he isn't an infallible god....

Agreed! Mortal gods are much more interesting than the all powerful/all seeing/all knowing/all absent kind we deal with these days.

Hypevosa
24th Jan 2011, 19:14
I feel it's something more of a respect, and maybe a slight attraction. Compared to everyone else he's used to dealing with, she was probably the most intelligent female - he did something rash and went after her, and also seemed to be a tad toward the vengeful side when she ended up dying because of Karras. There was at least something there strong enough to illicit his actions. She obviously felt something positive toward him too given her regards to him right before her sacrifice.

I wouldn't say love, but one could argue at least a budding friendship, and I feel no doubt that they at least respected and understood eachother.

Nate
24th Jan 2011, 19:16
Okay, so she was hot.....I can stomach that! Hotness makes up for a lot!

massimilianogoi
24th Jan 2011, 23:50
I feel it's something more of a respect, and maybe a slight attraction. Compared to everyone else he's used to dealing with, she was probably the most intelligent female - he did something rash and went after her, and also seemed to be a tad toward the vengeful side when she ended up dying because of Karras. There was at least something there strong enough to illicit his actions. She obviously felt something positive toward him too given her regards to him right before her sacrifice.

I wouldn't say love, but one could argue at least a budding friendship, and I feel no doubt that they at least respected and understood eachother.

**** Could you ever be a friend of mine, if I rip one of your eyes without anesthesia, and I try to kill you?.............. try to imagine that I am a beautiful, sexy chick. Me, as the minimum, I would rip her intestines apart and hang her with them.

There wasn't anything more that an alliance between our Hero and Viktoria, to fight a common danger.

Nate
25th Jan 2011, 00:26
Yup, hot or not, do me that kind of damage to me and I would burn her forest down...hehe = she'll be even hotter after I'm done with her!

* That's why I've always wonder why orcs have a hard time with elves in fantasy background stories....all they need to do is wait for a dry season and burn down their forests.

massimilianogoi
25th Jan 2011, 00:31
Garrett is a cynic man, he's not Jesus...

Nate
25th Jan 2011, 01:08
Oh well, doesn't matter now anyway. Garrett got to enjoy watching Viktoria get mincemeated by those drones, and then 'dust gassed' her remains in order to take out Karras....in all, it was one of Garrett's better days!

Nate
25th Jan 2011, 03:17
Yup, but end result = Viktoria AND Karras toast = a good day for Garrett!

massimilianogoi
25th Jan 2011, 04:22
Yup, but end result = Viktoria AND Karras toast = a good day for Garrett!

:lol:

I should not have to laugh, because I'm a follower of Karras, but this is definitively funny. By the way, I was wondering from long time why the bots inside the Cathedral were in those so poor conditions, if the rust gas affected just organic material... Maybe it's because of the violence of the reaction? When the rust gas expanded, I've seen a bot flying through the air...

Nate
25th Jan 2011, 11:03
Well, robots bit the big one for 2 reasons.

1) Karras wasn't around to stoke their boilers = they 'ran out of steam' hehe

2) Quite possible that the robots had seals made from hydrocarbons (if anything like our tech) = the seals would be eaten away by the dust.

massimilianogoi
25th Jan 2011, 12:35
Yeah, in facts, seeing again that part of the vid, it seems that the bot really ran out of fuel...

What a terrible sequence, it's clearly allegoric: that bot represents the end of the Karras's dream, and an end of an age. Personally I don't like to see what happens after that Garrett closes the door.

Hypevosa
25th Jan 2011, 12:44
"Bah, I don't see why we have to wear these damned pins... they look so tacky with their gold and turquoise... I can't stand them!

Benny: "Its them newfangled security machines... I heard they're made from the innards of some of those mechanist bots, and so's we has to wear these pins 'er else they'll be shootin at us... I don't like being shot at."

"Bullocks, the hammers would have the owner tied to a rack if that were true... look, here comes one now, and just to show you you're wrong I'm taking this damned thing off..."

Benny: "No, don't!--"

"Hey you! Come over here you taffin bucket of bolts!"

Bot: "I see... a misguided soul." *weeeeeeeeeeeEEE SHhhhk*

"The -- *crunch from impact of metal ball* AHH taffing hell, the thing shot me in the leg!"

Bot: *weeEEEE*

"Ok ok, see, I've put the pin back on... Builder - my taffin leg--"

Bot: "Thou shalt not escape!" *robot runs past looking for intruder*

Benny: "I told you did'n I..."

"Aw, shut up you taffer... and help me get to the doctor... or the pub... I need a drink..."