PDA

View Full Version : Batman: Arkham Asylum - PODCAST TWO - STEALTH AND AI

Keir
22nd May 2009, 14:47
Hi chaps,

Here's some hot goodness for you.....

PODCAST #2 - Stealth and AI (http://www.batmanarkhamasylum.com/data/assets/batmanadmin/audio/Batman_AA_Podcast_2.mp3)

It's not on the site just yet, but will be going up soon so it's a little forum exclusive :cool:

Enjoy :)

Ensanguined Walls
22nd May 2009, 14:53
I love you Keir.

Ensanguined Walls
22nd May 2009, 14:59
Nice podcast. I love the new info.

Do you have any idea on when we'll hear the one with Dini? Me and Stooby asked most of the questions, lol

Ensanguined Walls
22nd May 2009, 16:19
No podcast comments?

Drazar
22nd May 2009, 16:22
- Good music at the start
- They practicaly came with the idea for realistic reactions and fears on people (due to Batman sneaking) but noone just had developed it before. :P
- Not much visual/physical upgrade on the batsuit
- you start with pretty much all gadgets, since it makes sense how Batman is prepared for almost anything
- Noway you can defeat a room full of thugs withouth sneaking, sorry pure brawlers. you gotta embrace the shadow of the bat! :p
- they originally did kinda plan for 50% brawling 50% sneaking but that didn't really work out. but he doesnt really say which more it is.
- no Batmobile, but he doesnt say anything about Batboat (since its endgame stuff from what we hear)
- since they developed the whole AI and stealth and the thugs being afraid, that does take alot of development time to iron it out, cuz yeah this game introduces 2 new mechanics that can be almost revolutionary.

PS. Thanks Keir!

CaptainMcMulla
22nd May 2009, 16:38
Listening to it right now.

DarkKnightDanny
22nd May 2009, 16:42
keir.you are a legend.

can anyone say now that we're not getting the info we deserve?

Keir
22nd May 2009, 16:55
Nice podcast. I love the new info.

Do you have any idea on when we'll hear the one with Dini? Me and Stooby asked most of the questions, lol

Mycoldman has the recording, it's a question of getting it signed off by the world and his dog, and then we'll get it live. I'm thinking maybe this time next week. Apparently the according isn't great, but you can make it out.

Not long anyway :)

keir.you are a legend.

can anyone say now that we're not getting the info we deserve?

It's a pleasure, thanks man. More stuff coming too. I'm sure we can do a forum Q&A with Sefton or something, perhaps a little later down the line when there's more we can talk about rather than answering everything 'coming soon!' 'tell you later!' 'can't say yet!' etc :thumb:

Ensanguined Walls
22nd May 2009, 17:03
Mycoldman has the recording, it's a question of getting it signed off by the world and his dog, and then we'll get it live. I'm thinking maybe this time next week. Apparently the according isn't great, but you can make it out.

Not long anyway :)

It's a pleasure, thanks man. More stuff coming too. I'm sure we can do a forum Q&A with Sefton or something, perhaps a little later down the line when there's more we can talk about rather than answering everything 'coming soon!' 'tell you later!' 'can't say yet!' etc :thumb:

So it's not the audio quality of the past two podcasts? :(

DarkKnightDanny
22nd May 2009, 17:04
that would be trific keir,although a little heads up this time maybe?:) hated logging in and seeing that people asked dini some questions at silly o clock in the morning:)

do you know if sefton quickly scans these forums at all?

Batman The Trailer Hunter
22nd May 2009, 17:21
Dude you are the best keir!

Zombie-Gamer
22nd May 2009, 17:43
Awesome! Thanks Keir you rock!!!

EliteF50
22nd May 2009, 17:45
Thanks! :D

TheDemon
22nd May 2009, 18:43
Great podcast. Thanks, Keir.

Keir
22nd May 2009, 18:50
that would be trific keir,although a little heads up this time maybe?:) hated logging in and seeing that people asked dini some questions at silly o clock in the morning:)

do you know if sefton quickly scans these forums at all?

We only found out that we could collar Mr. Dini for some questions at the last minute, so apologies for the short notice.

You can bet Sefton and a ton of other Rocksteadiers are reading this :thumb:

supermanslayer
22nd May 2009, 19:32
thats odd it doesnt work for me.

Keir
22nd May 2009, 19:44
thats odd it doesnt work for me.

What's happening when you try and run/save it?

Try clicking the linky in a different browser.

sniper_al
22nd May 2009, 19:45
i can't get it to work for me either :(

Keir
22nd May 2009, 19:45
i can't get it to work for me either :(

D:

Well what happens?

CaptainMcMulla
22nd May 2009, 19:46
Working fine for me

Nightshifters
22nd May 2009, 19:48
Doesn't work for me either :/ the page won't even open, I just get a blank white page :/

Keir
22nd May 2009, 20:00
Doesn't work for me either :/ the page won't even open, I just get a blank white page :/

Hmm, which browser are you using?

Try right clicking the link and selecting 'Save Target As' or 'Save Link As'... or something similar. Then you can download the MP3 to your comp.

Nightshifters
22nd May 2009, 20:02
using explorer, should I try Mozila or something?

-Edit: Trying the "Save Tarrget as" now.

Keir
22nd May 2009, 20:03
using explorer, should I try Mozila or something?

Worth a shot if you have it installed. Did you try right clicking and saving as per my previous post?

Nightshifters
22nd May 2009, 20:07
oook m8, it worked :) thz a lot again :)

DarkKnightDanny
22nd May 2009, 20:07
We only found out that we could collar Mr. Dini for some questions at the last minute, so apologies for the short notice.

You can bet Sefton and a ton of other Rocksteadiers are reading this :thumb:

i know mate,i was just jesting:)
so yea, sefton,if youre reading this, thanks for the game mate!

XxScarecrowxX
22nd May 2009, 23:31
sweet

VXR
22nd May 2009, 23:39
i just licked the monitor and moaned KEIR........

the odd thing.................. is if jason todd did , as well.

HA HA HA

Ensanguined Walls
22nd May 2009, 23:45
Haha, nice.

door noob
23rd May 2009, 03:33
Thank you so much for this keir.

GR1NG0_SU4V3
23rd May 2009, 04:29
ah mucho thanks to you sir.
:]
It was quite a fun listen.

Perhaps on the next podcast we can have some info on character and level concepts,
as well as where you are drawinga lot of the source material?
I know you all have full access to the 70 year streak of Batman,
but I seriously doubt we'll see Batman fighting aliens or dinos
:p

Batman The Trailer Hunter
23rd May 2009, 04:35
Hi chaps,

Here's some hot goodness for you.....

PODCAST #2 - Stealth and AI (http://www.batmanarkhamasylum.com/data/assets/batmanadmin/audio/Batman_AA_Podcast_2.mp3)

It's not on the site just yet, but will be going up soon so it's a little forum exclusive :cool:

Enjoy :)

When will it be on the site?

supermanslayer
23rd May 2009, 20:36
thankyou, Keir for sugesting to click save as target, by the way nice podcast i like how he hinted to an alternate suit.

Keir
26th May 2009, 11:13
We'll try and get the third one with Paul Dini answering questions from here live this week - or early next week.

i just licked the monitor and moaned KEIR........

http://media.twango.com/m1/large/0075/4a802cd362ed46f7bfe2efcb9b0b258a.jpg

When will it be on the site?

That's out of my control. The page should be updated soon.