PDA

View Full Version : ICONIC Batman quotes.

Ensanguined Walls
22nd May 2009, 10:59
I know we have a thread for your favorite quotes, but here is where we will submit quotes that, like them or not, are iconic in that they define the characters, such as Bane's "I WILL BREAK YOU!" in Knightfall, and Kevin Conroy's "I am vengeance, I am the night...I...AM...BATMAN!"

Submit your iconic quotes from any Batman series/comic here.

Drazar
22nd May 2009, 11:01
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/49/109633231_3c478c15e1.jpg

Ensanguined Walls
22nd May 2009, 11:03
What's that from? I can't imagine Batman saying "retarded".

Drazar
22nd May 2009, 11:05
All-Star Batman by Frank Miller & Jim Lee. Its about Batman's 3rd year of crime fightning and it has pretty much made him a crazy sociopath who enjoys torturing corrupt cops and permamently causing damage to criminals by breaking important bone parts. Batman develops more sense of proper justice and becomes more human thru Richard Grayson.

PS. Batman ate rats and had sex with Catwoman in sewers too.

Ensanguined Walls
22nd May 2009, 11:07
Hm, I checked the Wiki, and it got a lot of bad reviews.

Ensanguined Walls
22nd May 2009, 11:08
Does anyone else think that The Killing Joke is the iconic Joker representation of the modern Batman comics? He captures Gordon, paralyzes his daughter with a gunshot, forces him to watch her in sexually compromised positions with her clothes thrown off, and nearly destroys his sanity. Then he runs into a funhouse, makes Batman laugh, etc.

TAPETRVE
22nd May 2009, 11:09
@Miller/Lee: It's probably one of the worst Batman issues ever - but again, it's so bad that it's just plain fun!

Drazar
22nd May 2009, 11:13
Does anyone else think that The Killing Joke is the iconic Joker representation of the modern Batman comics? He captures Gordon, paralyzes his daughter with a gunshot, forces him to watch her in sexually compromised positions with her clothes thrown off, and nearly destroys his sanity. Then he runs into a funhouse, makes Batman laugh, etc.

Yet it also shows how important and awesome Batman is. Even after all Joker did what does Batman do? He gives him a helping hand and offers help, but Joker declines saying its far too late for him.

All-Star Batman is either something you love or hate, its like a pizza flavour that you might love but someone else finds it disgusting. Other great lines i can think of are the Gordon lines from Nolan's movies, honestly i love the speeches he gives especially Batman Begin's ending, that just summed up Batman's crusade how he doesn't need to be thanked or anything.

Also i loved The Joker graphical novel where Joker questions why does Batman (who appears as a fearsome bat) leaves a door open on his mask to show his good looking chin, and Batman mockingly replies with: To mock you.

I also liked in Batman: Gotham Knight how Batman says: I'm willing to put my life on the line to do what i have to, but it has to be mine, noone elses.

Alfred also had great lines in every Nolan batman movie.

Ensanguined Walls
22nd May 2009, 11:16
Yeah. The Joker forces Gordon to see his naked, paralyzed daughter and tries to kill Batman several times, and yet Batman still tries to save him. I think the Joker had the best origins story in the Killing Joke: A failed comedian who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ensanguined Walls
22nd May 2009, 11:17
Also i loved The Joker graphical novel where Joker questions why does Batman (who appears as a fearsome bat) leaves a door open on his mask to show his good looking chin, and Batman mockingly replies with: To mock you.

---

Very iconic.

Which comic was that from, again?

Drazar
22nd May 2009, 11:27
Yeah. The Joker forces Gordon to see his naked, paralyzed daughter and tries to kill Batman several times, and yet Batman still tries to save him. I think the Joker had the best origins story in the Killing Joke: A failed comedian who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"Sometimes i remember it the other way, if i'm going to have a past, i prefer multiple ones!" The origin we heard from Joker was just another tale. This was used in Dark Knight with the scars, so yeah its cool. Its a beatiful thing to not tell Joker's tell because he shouldn't have any sympathy. Its like Darth Vader turned from a fallen jedi into a brat jedi who wanted to be better than his mentor. -.-

---

Very iconic.

Which comic was that from, again?

Its simply called "Joker" the ideas was to call it Joker: The Dark Knight but the comic is very gory alot of kids could have confused it as a dark knight movie-tie in so they just gave the simple name: Joker (done by brian azzerolle and lee bermejo)

TAPETRVE
22nd May 2009, 11:47
Brian Azzarello's The Joker was surely an interesting take. Not really one of the best, story-wise, but with great drawings and a gloriously sick and twisted Joker.

VXR
22nd May 2009, 12:29
Brian Azzarello's The Joker was surely an interesting take. Not really one of the best, story-wise, but with great drawings and a gloriously sick and twisted Joker.

i loved that book.... one of my favorite bat quotes, is from the george clooney bat-flick, when he turns to chris o donnel ; and in that clooney way, says ' thank's **** ' . :p

XxBatmanxX
22nd May 2009, 13:41
My favourite quote is in batman begins
Rachel: "wait, you could die at least tell me your name."
Batman "Its not who i am underneath, but what i DO that defines me"
Rachel "Bruce?!"

EPIC!

BatNipples
22nd May 2009, 14:19
Alfred from Batman Returns : It's supposed to be cold

It really defines him as a character

Evanescfan
22nd May 2009, 15:27
i'm your WORST nightmare...

CaptainMcMulla
22nd May 2009, 16:40
I think that Alfred has many good lines. I see more good quotes in Nolans franchise than Burtons.

Hugo_Strange
22nd May 2009, 16:56
Alfred's bit about some men just wanting "to watch the world burn," in TDK was incredible, especially because it was delievered by Sir Michael Cain and had Bruce look at the screen of the Joker's face structure being analyzed (to find a match in the database) while he's laughing. Even then, it's like he's mocking Batman, laughing at his conventional means to find out who he is/extract information/scare him. because he isn't the kind of criminal Batman expected at all.

And these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IJi_Vj4_-k&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcA5c8S6Q-s&feature=related

Drazar
22nd May 2009, 17:01
We can't ignore Batman's deep secret revealed in: this litte piggy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3YW5Sy3gv0

EliteF50
22nd May 2009, 17:43
Bane: I will break you Batman!
Batman: No, Bane. This time I break you!

Zombie-Gamer
22nd May 2009, 17:49
This is iconic

http://term-the-schmuck.deviantart.com/art/Emo-Batman-38865674

found it on Deviantart the picture shown was not made my me its by "Term-the-Schmuck"

Darkboy
22nd May 2009, 18:20
"Bullets don't hurt me. But I know pain. Sometimes I like to share it with people like you."

Kraken890
22nd May 2009, 22:20
"The only drugs you get tonight is whatever the paramedics give out, after I'm done with you"-Batman LTODK "Urban Legend" comic.
"Broken things inside me grind together like loose gravel as I stand"-same book.

"I'll throw (batarang) this and I won't miss your frontal lobe...1..2...."-"Fortunes" in Batman Black&White vol.2

Drazar
24th May 2009, 16:53
From The Heart of Hush (written by Paul Dini):

Basicly Hush has kidnapped Catwoman and the only lead Batman has is that Scarecrow knows the area, so he sneaks into Arkham, pulls some electric wires from the top of Scarecrow's cell, pulls his head down the toilet, pulls up and starts electricute shock torturing him to receive some answers. Now Joker's cell is just across Scarecrow's and the dialogue is just badass.

Batman: Crane.. earlier tonight you had said you "tuned down" Hush's location, i'm asking you again where is he?
Scarecrow/Crane: I don't know!!!
*Batman pulls the wires down and starts torturing Crane*
Batman: Try harder
Joker: Outstanding!
Batman: Where?
Crane: huh... i can't... i don't...
Batman: Wrong answer *continues electric torture*
Joker: Better than christmas, i swear to god! (grinning)
Crane: Sacred.... Heart... *passes out*
Joker to Batman: I know we have our differences, but i must admit its a pleasure to watch you work! Seriously.

*Batman leaves Arkham and heads to Sacred Heart*

DarkestNight
2nd Jun 2009, 23:09
Fat corrupt cop guy: "...I swear to God!"
Batman: "SWEAR TO ME!!!"

loved that part

NoMoarDedCawpz
3rd Jun 2009, 00:40
Two Face: One man is born a hero, his brother a coward. Babies starve, politicians grow fat. Holy men are martyred, and junkies grow legion. Why? Why, why, why, why, why? Luck! Blind, stupid, simple, doo-dah, clueless luck!
The wrath of toss, the only true justice. Lets see what justice has in store...for you!

Batman: Sometimes the truth isn't good enough, sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded...

And finally...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMGrnKk-Zw8

BatFan
3rd Jun 2009, 03:32
Gordon: I never thanked you.

Batman: And you'll never have to.

*Cue epic music*

*Batman jumps off rooftop*

Loved this scene.

CodeBlack
3rd Jun 2009, 05:58
For Joker, "One bad day."

Zombie-Gamer
3rd Jun 2009, 08:23
Bruce Wayne: Hey lets cut down this ally it'll save us some time
Thomas Wanye:Good Idea.
Not such I good idea now as it?

VXR
3rd Jun 2009, 14:47
Joker: Know how i got these scars ?.......

Batman : No ,.... but i know how you got these .......

Joker: Huh, wha............ ahhhhhhhhhhhh

:rasp:

GR1NG0_SU4V3
7th Jun 2009, 18:39
not so much a quote as it is a scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1bmM7Ihv0Y

and while I could put my reasoning into my own words,
I'll quote what YouTube user dachamp21 had to say:

"Terry (Future Batman) mentioned it, the main reason the Joker kept coming back was an obsession to get Batman to laugh, which he could never do. So in a sense of irony, despite the fact that the Joker doesn't share the same feelings as Quinn, she was able to do in one move what the Joker couldn't do in his entire life, Make batman laugh, I'm sure with the exception of a few smiles here and there in the animated universe batman has never laughed out loud like that."

and I also love pimp Batman
XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G46l3VbWd9g

bathead
8th Jun 2009, 01:06
Fat corrupt cop guy: "...I swear to God!"
Batman: "SWEAR TO ME!!!"

loved that part

Same scene, but my favorite line -
"DO I LOOK LIKE A COP!?!"

Zombie-Gamer
8th Jun 2009, 11:27
Just watched Batman Returns:
Penguin: I belive the word your looking for is AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Nightwing
8th Jun 2009, 12:46
There's a bunch of fantastic Batman quote-worthy lines done by Kevin Conroy in the Justice League animated series. Which leads me to wonder why nobody has brought up this yet. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3YW5Sy3gv0)

This whole topic reminds me of the Batman is Awesome (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WXYhcuZ6Ag) videos on youtube. Have a watch and see what you think.

thebatman226
8th Jun 2009, 12:49
Just watched Batman Returns:
Penguin: I belive the word your looking for is AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHLIVE!* haha

Drazar
8th Jun 2009, 12:53
"Batman's rich history allows him to be interpreted in a multitude of ways. To be sure, this is a lighter incarnation, but it's certainly no less valid and true to the character's roots as the tortured avenger crying out for mommy and daddy." – Bat-Mite breaks the fourth wall in "Legends of the Dark Mite," addressing a fan who questions the tone of the show.

And this is why i love Paul Dini.

DarkestNight
8th Jun 2009, 14:03
You can refer to my sig for another good quote :)

Drazar
8th Jun 2009, 14:10
Damn straight!

The Comedian
8th Jun 2009, 14:25
At the end of "Joker"

"My name is Johnny Frost, but I dont have to tell you that, do I? You know I'm somebody..I'm on top of the world looking down. You know what I see? Do you want to know what I see? I see you a disease. One that has been around longer than Gotham, the city infected. A disease that is older than any city. Hell, it's probably the same disease that built the first one. There will always be a Joker because there is no cure for him. No cure at all. Just a Batman."

~Johnny Frost

Velderik
8th Jun 2009, 14:48
All-Star Batman by Frank Miller & Jim Lee. Its about Batman's 3rd year of crime fightning and it has pretty much made him a crazy sociopath who enjoys torturing corrupt cops and permamently causing damage to criminals by breaking important bone parts. Batman develops more sense of proper justice and becomes more human thru Richard Grayson.

PS. Batman ate rats and had sex with Catwoman in sewers too.

That doesn't sound like Batman at all. Give me the traditionel one from The Animated Series, now that's Batman :)

Drazar
8th Jun 2009, 14:51
That doesn't sound like Batman at all. Give me the traditionel one from The Animated Series, now that's Batman :)

Translation: I don't feel this is a Batman i can enjoy, tho it is an elseworld story i can't seem to accept that, so i'm going to accept the other elseworld batman which is the DCAU Batman, while i apparently ignore the canonical batman of the current comic serie. :rasp:

NotNamedJohn
8th Jun 2009, 19:56
Not technically an Elseworld, but your point is still valid. Aside from the fact that the DCAU Batman shares much more in common with the core Batman character than Frank Miller's All-Star incarnation. :P

Velderik
8th Jun 2009, 20:03
Translation: I don't feel this is a Batman i can enjoy, tho it is an elseworld story i can't seem to accept that, so i'm going to accept the other elseworld batman which is the DCAU Batman, while i apparently ignore the canonical batman of the current comic serie. :rasp:

Amen brother :P

Drazar
9th Jun 2009, 13:47
http://dcublog.dccomics.com/files/2009/06/bmsog_1_dylux-8-copy.jpg

Damian about Harley Quinn: Shes annoyning, may i cut out her tongue?
Batman: Maybe next time.