PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV on Steam - Questions and Help

Rin_Pryde
18th Feb 2014, 12:49
Hi, I stumbled upon a problem here.

I just bought FF14 on Steam and went to create Square account. There was an option to register through Steam, so I thought - game's in Steam, authorize through Steam - only logical, right? WRONG!

Steam-based Square-account does not have password, which is required for FF14 client login! So if I to enter cd-key on that account - it would've simply been wasted, since I can't use that account to play FF14. What to do? I'm asking not only for myself - lots of people might activate their key and get bummed.

McFlaine
26th Feb 2014, 16:23
Hey Dude, you're not the only one with this doubt...
Unfortunately, here I couldn't find an answer :s
I don't know who to search for a concrete answer...
If you get any information, please let me know.

Thanks

Magusin
12th Mar 2014, 16:06
Yo guys, I bought the game through steam, and still can not play, how do I complete the account, and that this code is saying send to my email. If possible tell me step by step to be able to play Thanks.

Dsheric
9th Sep 2014, 06:35
So I'm sure there's about 100000000 topics regarding this, provided how many issues I'm having with this, but I see no search feature other than CTRL+F and I don't want to sift through all the topics.

ANYWAY. So I pre-ordered the game before it came out and played for my tried alone, and deemed it rather boring alone, none of my friends were willing to play it with me. So I left the game to rot on my account. Now my friends are actually playing, and playing through steam, so I decided to try and pick the game up again. Problem was that I couldn't find a download anywhere, and they all told me that they just bought it on steam. So I tried to link my account after they told me I could, blah blah blah, but the game isn't showing up in my library, and I've tried adding in all the codes they gave me at launch into the "Add a game" option in steam, no luck still. Anyone able to help me with their own experiences? I bought the collector's edition and I don't want to shell out 25$ for a whole new account when I COULD in theory just use my current one.

Theodor70941
11th Sep 2014, 08:49
So I'm sure there's about 100000000 topics regarding this, provided how many issues I'm having with this, but I see no search feature other than CTRL+F and I don't want to sift through all the topics.

ANYWAY. So I pre-ordered the game before it came out and played for my tried alone, and deemed it rather boring alone, none of my friends were willing to play it with me. So I left the game to rot on my account. Now my friends are actually playing, and playing through steam, so I decided to try and pick the game up again. Problem was that I couldn't find a download anywhere, and they all told me that they just bought it on steam. So I tried to link my account after they told me I could, blah blah blah, but the game isn't showing up in my library, and I've tried adding in all the codes they gave me at launch into the "Add a game" option in steam, no luck still. Anyone able to help me with their own experiences? I bought the collector's edition and I don't want to shell out 25$ for a whole new account when I COULD in theory just use my current one.

I've got the game on PS4 and Steam, no problems for me. Sounds like a problem easily fixable by contacting Square enix final fantasy support and/or Valve's Steam support.

Here are the relative links;

https://support.steampowered.com/
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=5383&la=2

Perfectjake
30th Jul 2015, 16:23
I already have an inactive account on steam version of FFXIV

If i were to rebuy the non-steam version of the game would I be able to play the same character again without starting again?

Thanks

Grimoire
4th Aug 2015, 02:33
Customer support (https://support.eu.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5383&la=2) should be able to answer your question.

rob0tman5
26th Nov 2015, 01:58
I own FFXIV on Steam but i would like to buy the Digital Upgrade on the MOG Station. will it work with my steam copy? because like the steam store doesn't offer the digital upgrade if you own the game already.:scratch: