PDA

View Full Version : Batman runs funny ><

thebatman226
20th May 2009, 22:34
in all videos where it shows batman running, he looks silly haha
like, he runs super up right and sumtimes he dosnt look like hes completely connected to world
like his feet kinda 'slide' along the ground :hmm:

what do you guys rekon?

DarkCrusader67
20th May 2009, 22:36
like, he runs super up right and sumtimes he dosnt look like hes completely connected to world

what do you guys rekon?

i reckon you as crazy as the joker! i think he looks friggin BADASS when he walks! especially in the demo when you just walk around he looks like a complete BAMF with his cape and everything!

Ensanguined Walls
20th May 2009, 22:42
Looks absolutely fine to me.

We Are The Archers
20th May 2009, 22:58

what do you guys rekon?

I know exactly what you are talking about. The way characters run in Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3. However, I can't say that this game does that, the animations look great.

EliteF50
20th May 2009, 23:05
What!? The running/walking animations are amazing.

The Joker 1
20th May 2009, 23:06
Well, I got to say that sometimes when I see the Batman different animated series on tv, he looks like he is sliding instead of running, but not on this game.

theDARKCRUSADER
21st May 2009, 00:13
it looks nice especially the way the cape flows behind him. It looks fine to me

Hugo_Strange
21st May 2009, 05:05
Haven't paid too much attention to the way he runs, but I know that when he walks, he gives off the same vibe as Darth Vader: the embodiment of absolute ******* terror.

So it seems fine.

CaptainMcMulla
21st May 2009, 06:48
Batman movements in the game for me are fine as it is. No complaints.

Hugo_Strange
21st May 2009, 06:57
The ONLY thing that would constitute making a criticism about is Batman's crouched walk (in the demo; only seen him crouching in the X-Play footage, and not for a decently long enough time). That did seem slightly stiff, and that's being nit-picky.

The character model is astonishing through and through, to be quite honest.

The Jedi Guardian
21st May 2009, 07:56
I noticed the run. It was..interesting, it was allright. also the crouching makes me start to think. To bad video games don't have energy bars and exhaustion because I can imagine running around in video games can get tiring, and especially the crouching, wouldn't that actually be painful if you move like that for a long time (example BB video game)

It really isn't a complaint it is something I have noticed. I suprised no one else has thought of this

DarkKnightDanny
21st May 2009, 16:52
I noticed the run. It was..interesting, it was allright. also the crouching makes me start to think. To bad video games don't have energy bars and exhaustion because I can imagine running around in video games can get tiring, and especially the crouching, wouldn't that actually be painful if you move like that for a long time (example BB video game)

It really isn't a complaint it is something I have noticed. I suprised no one else has thought of this

interesting post. in mass effect there is something similar like when the lead character is in combat his dash has a timer.

would be be quite interesting to see batman get a fatigue bar. like if you use grapple gun and run too much,you wouldnt be able to use some of his abilitys until his fatigue bar returned to normal. would lead to some dicey stealth play.

Hugo_Strange
22nd May 2009, 02:03
While that isn't a bad gameplay mechanic, I would prefer there to be know actual fatigue effects on actual gameplay.

Batman has infinite batarangs, infinite explosive gel (just limited use), etc. I think that that power to use any of Batman's abilities at any time is important.

I would like Batman to appear fatigued during the later stages of the game or as he takes more damage (stubble, wiping blood from his mouth/nose, etc.). That would make allow the sense of the game being "one long night," without having to gimp Batman in any way, gameplay wise.

Ensanguined Walls
22nd May 2009, 02:44
Did you notice the insane amount of stubble he had in the Poison Ivy trailer? Similarly, his cape was slightly cut in the Harley Quinn trailer.

Hugo_Strange
22nd May 2009, 02:50
Did you notice the insane amount of stubble he had in the Poison Ivy trailer? Similarly, his cape was slightly cut in the Harley Quinn trailer.

I did, and I am most pleased. I'm hoping by the end of the game, he'll hold his arm in pain or slightly shake his head to wake him self up a bit. I hope stains on the outfit will stay while as well.