PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to return in the game?

kin
20th May 2009, 05:12
Make a choice to help the devs maybe make the story if they haven't already.
edit: Off course Garrett stays anyway.

GmanPro
20th May 2009, 05:24
If this game is a prequel to TDS, then I want to see Artemis.

MasterTaffer
20th May 2009, 05:26
Give us a fresh antagonist, please.

DarthEnder
20th May 2009, 07:02
Why every choice on the poll dead people?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th May 2009, 07:24
Haha, OP must have a zombie mission in mind! :D

Skarsnik
20th May 2009, 08:29
This list badly needs the best character of them all, The Eye..

Platinumoxicity
20th May 2009, 08:30
Why isn't Garrett on the list? I see what you did thar. :mad:

Myth
20th May 2009, 14:54
Why isn't Garrett on the list? I see what you did thar. Anon is everywhere... :) I personally would like to see Viktoria, but only when we don't expect it - a fine "gasp" moment if you will.

DarthEnder
20th May 2009, 15:25
This list badly needs the best character of them all, The Eye..Seconded!

Platinumoxicity
20th May 2009, 17:40
Anon is everywhere... :).

Actually, I'm not anon. I have nevar posted a single sentence in that place we do not speak of.

Thirded! I believe that the Eye has been around for so long, predating even the earliest pieces of technology, that he/it would have some very interesting stories and some valuable info that would have something to do with the events in T4.

I think the Eye is something that admires chaos, crime and corrution, and Garrett is someone who he/it can trust or relate to. The Eye could have some great sarcastic comments and one-liners in store once again.

Zahr Dalsk
20th May 2009, 17:48
Karras! Awesome character.

Ravenwood
20th May 2009, 22:01
Personal Opinion:

Even though it's impossible? Keeper Artemus.

On the poll however, Viktoria most definately.

Hypevosa
20th May 2009, 22:08
Karass and viktoria are the only 2 in that list I can see coming back... Gamal is probably finally died a few moments after the cut scene in TDS, and constantine is dead dead dead. Karass one could attempt to say he meched himself out, and viktoria being a nature spirit I can see as reincarnating.

However, I'd like it to be new. Yes, fall back on the old games for elements of the game, but don't just default to old characters for the whole story. Make a new one.

Petike the Taffer
20th May 2009, 22:20
Karass and viktoria are the only 2 in that list I can see coming back...

Ummm... They litteraly "bit the dust", haven't they ? :rolleyes:

Well, Viktoria... maybe... but... it's hard to find a plausible explanation for her return. Hm, maybe... maybe that mysterious little tree, that Garrett secretly saved and planted at the Docks for the Pagans... Who knows, if it... ;) Hm, nah... Or... maybe ? :D

Garrett (shocked) : "WTF, Viki ?! You're alive again !"
Viktoria (bored) : "Precisely. Ah, you old silly manfool..." :D

However, I'd like it to be new. Yes, fall back on the old games for elements of the game, but don't just default to old characters for the whole story. Make a new one

Seconded. :)

Even though it's impossible? Keeper Artemus.

If it's a prequel, good ol' enigmatic and cool-headed Artie is a must...

huzi73
20th May 2009, 23:05
The universe in Thief is a weird one.From all those on the list,I personally think the only one without an intriguing personality is Gamall.In the the Thief universe,anything is possible,if they add a new Character,id like it to be a main Hammerite figure,since Constantine/Viktoria = Pagan,Karras = mechanist,id like to see the driving power of the Hammerites (the Builder?Or does that refer to umm...God?)if it does,than please keep the Builder as part of my imagination and rather introduce a high priest or something.Whoever it is,He personality/image should reflect that of the Hammerite way of thinking and such.Anyway,I voted Constantine/Viktoria.Please give us more polls!Especially regarding Garret as main character,open city or mission only,sword or dagger etc..

Mr. Perfect
21st May 2009, 02:13
Voted for a fresh story. If the old characters come back but don't have the right voice actors or behave differently, it would be more of a disappointment then anything. Could you imagine Garrett with a different voice?

Fourthed! Or is it Fifthed now? That is the only "person" I'd like to see back. That thing was creepy. :eek:

Thieffanman
21st May 2009, 02:16
What, no love for Drept?

Bring back Inspector Drept! :)

--Thieffanman

Inspector Drept
21st May 2009, 02:37
What, no love for Drept?

--Thieffanman

Love for Drept even on my avatar!

hellwalker
21st May 2009, 04:26
Viktoria !

But I'm used to liking story thief games provide without any complaints, I want that tradition upheld.

kin
21st May 2009, 05:18

That's the "I need a new fresh surprise story! " choice:D

TafferPants
21st May 2009, 19:01
What, no love for Drept?

I second that :)
Be nice to know what happened to him

huzi73
21st May 2009, 19:35
T1 and T2 both hinted at Garret eye'ing Basso's sister.If Garret does have any form of private life,I think it should involve her..

Kennerinn
21st May 2009, 21:21
I hate to repeat what others have already said, but The Eye belongs. Even if it's a prequel. Find someway to get it back.

agrash
21st May 2009, 21:27
Garret, his uprantice and "the eye"
Oh, and the voice of benny to.. his conversations always crack me up ^^

The Deuce
21st May 2009, 22:18
I love The Eye, but don't bring it back. The Eye died, along with the rest of the sentients, when Garrett used them in the Final Glyph. The same for all the characters in this poll. Whether it's a sequel or a prequel, none of the characters in this poll make sense returning.

If it's a prequel to the original Thief, and particularly if it covers the era of Garrett's training and leaving of the Keepers, Artemus should play a big part.

dnoeyen
23rd May 2009, 12:13
The guards, I want the guards!! (the ones of thief 2)

Gillie
23rd May 2009, 18:43
Viktoria and more Pagan's
Like to see more of Basso too.
Garett of course. :whistle:

DoomyDoomyDoomDoom
23rd May 2009, 19:21
I take it these are our choices assuming we are playing as Garrett already? I'd like to play as Garrett with a nice new story. I could care less if any of those people were in it. Just as long as Garrett is.

Otherwise I vote for Garrett to return.

Petike the Taffer
23rd May 2009, 20:24
What, no love for Drept? Bring back Inspector Drept! :)

If it's a sequel, his reappearance would be nice. He's a very likable and unorthodox Hammer and could help Garrett solve a new mystery or two, helping him out as a sort-of-informant... :) :cool:

IIf it's a prequel to the original Thief, and particularly if it covers the era of Garrett's training and leaving of the Keepers, Artemus should play a big part.

Naturally. Old Artie rocks ! :D

-Constantine-
23rd May 2009, 21:02
Garrett and Viktoria.

And the Pagan/Hammer factions. I felt they were totally under-developed in Thief 3.

Durinda D'Bry
26th May 2009, 12:29
I didn't get what last option about "new fresh story" means or what means "no one":) If nobody from listed above return it is already "fresh story"?

esme
26th May 2009, 13:15
...and constantine is dead dead dead...I've always wondered about that, how do you kill a god ? damage and severely reduce one yes and in the process p*ss it off to the max while focusing all it's remaining attention on yourself, but kill one ?

Platinumoxicity
26th May 2009, 13:28
I've always wondered about that, how do you kill a god ? damage and severely reduce one yes and in the process p*ss it off to the max while focusing all it's remaining attention on yourself, but kill one ?

Constantine wasn't really a god, he was just the one most awesome thing that the pagans had seen since a solar eclipse, so they decided to worship him and he took advantage of them. I don't think there are real "gods" in the Thief world at all. Gods are sooo 80's, dude. :D

And even if he was a god, who is there to decide that all gods are immortal? Actually, a mortal god would be more trustworthy and "down with the people".

esme
27th May 2009, 16:54
...And even if he was a god, who is there to decide that all gods are immortal?....well not wishing to get into a religious debate here, every religion that has a god describes them as immortal, well every religion I can think of anyway ... mind you they also generally add all seeing and all knowing (which I think is a particularly cruel thing to tell youngsters who've just hit puberty and suddenly want some privacy), anyway I digress, Constantine definitely wasn't all seeing and all knowing so maybe he wasn't immortal either

can't quite get my head around the idea of a mortal god though ... answer my prayers o lord or I'll take out a contract on your a*se ... might get a response ... probably in the form of a large lightning bolt and a pair of boots with smoke coming out of them

Platinumoxicity
27th May 2009, 18:04
well not wishing to get into a religious debate here, every religion that has a god describes them as immortal, well every religion I can think of anyway ... mind you they also generally add all seeing and all knowing (which I think is a particularly cruel thing to tell youngsters who've just hit puberty and suddenly want some privacy), anyway I digress, Constantine definitely wasn't all seeing and all knowing so maybe he wasn't immortal either

can't quite get my head around the idea of a mortal god though ... answer my prayers o lord or I'll take out a contract on your a*se ... might get a response ... probably in the form of a large lightning bolt and a pair of boots with smoke coming out of them

Constantine was an incredibly powerful being in the eyes of incredibly powerless humans. That's why they saw him as a god. He is only called a god because many people for many years have called him a god. If you repeat a lie long enough, people start to believe it. Garrett didn't. :)

MasterTaffer
27th May 2009, 19:49
Constantine was an incredibly powerful being in the eyes of incredibly powerless humans. That's why they saw him as a god. He is only called a god because many people for many years have called him a god. If you repeat a lie long enough, people start to believe it. Garrett didn't. :)

Very true. By that same note, I've always figured the Builder to be the first human that rose up and defied the Trickster. After his rebellion and death, he was likely canonized and eventually viewed upon as a god through the ages by the Hammerites.

Vladimyre
29th May 2009, 16:56
I was going to answer this poll then I realized that I am the person that I really want to return to the thief series :))

CookieMcCrumble
29th May 2009, 18:16
I'd love to see the Hammerites back, not the Mechanists, no mechanist robots, the keepers must make an appearance with their prophecies, and I'd also like to see the return of Burricks and some of the original creatures from TDP. Not too many of those though!

And of course Garrett! :)

Master Artemis
9th Jul 2009, 21:48
Am I the only one that wants Artemis to miraculously return? Maybe another keeper understood the glyph that allowed Gamall to morph, and they used it to look like Artemis. So when Gamall killed the fake-Artmeis, she actually killed some1 else. Or, maybe Gamall had the same hold on his identity that she did on the girl's ghost from T3, but he wasn't dead yet. Idk, anything to bring him back! He was really cool and one of the few friends Garrett had with the Keepers (which I dont believe should be considered out of the picture by any means!) Artemis only sought the truth and helped Garrett a lot in the series, never mind being the one to introduce him to the Keepers... I think his return is very necessary and would help bring a sense of familiarity to the game, especially with all the talk of "new" characters.

Platinumoxicity
9th Jul 2009, 22:38
Am I the only one that wants Artemis to miraculously return? Maybe another keeper understood the glyph that allowed Gamall to morph, and they used it to look like Artemis. So when Gamall killed the fake-Artmeis, she actually killed some1 else. Or, maybe Gamall had the same hold on his identity that she did on the girl's ghost from T3, but he wasn't dead yet. Idk, anything to bring him back! He was really cool and one of the few friends Garrett had with the Keepers (which I dont believe should be considered out of the picture by any means!) Artemis only sought the truth and helped Garrett a lot in the series, never mind being the one to introduce him to the Keepers... I think his return is very necessary and would help bring a sense of familiarity to the game, especially with all the talk of "new" characters.

I don't even remember Artemus dying. :confused: He was in Gamall's library with Garrett near the end but I don't remember what he did after that.

Other characters that I'd like to see, even if it's just a "cameo" for nostalgia's sake:
-Basso and Jenivere - Maybe they have set up some sort of criminal business together.
-(Sheriff) Mosley - She was the only one of the high ranking officers in Shoalsgate that survived/kept her job in Thief 2. Maybe she's moved up in the world.
-Warden Raputo and Webster - More visible influence of organised crime in the City.
-Assassins Quince and Jacow

Hypevosa
9th Jul 2009, 22:50
I don't even remember Artemus dying. :confused: He was in Gamall's library with Garrett near the end but I don't remember what he did after that.

Remember that in order to use someone else's skin Gamall has to kill them and bury them in a special way. She was using artemus' skin when she met you outside the museum you robbed, meaning he's dead, and would probably be in the same condition that little girl was if it wasn't for the fact that the glyphs were destroyed... poor poor artemus.

Platinumoxicity
9th Jul 2009, 23:00
Remember that in order to use someone else's skin Gamall has to kill them and bury them in a special way. She was using artemus' skin when she met you outside the museum you robbed, meaning he's dead, and would probably be in the same condition that little girl was if it wasn't for the fact that the glyphs were destroyed... poor poor artemus.

I never thought of that. Can you give the exact times of which cutscenes this becomes clear because I just now heard of it the first time?

Nevermind. Found it. :D

Fatherwoodsie
10th Jul 2009, 06:53
few things are more fun than stabbing the female gaurd "just you wait taffer....ill find you" ::whack!!:: "ahhhhhoooahuuuuhhh" (then the skull and bones with the smokey backdrop, notifying you have failed the mission) ;) good times

Fatherwoodsie
10th Jul 2009, 06:54
and um.....the "trickster" cannot return..... ever

CavaliereNero
10th Jul 2009, 07:41
I say Benny should have a bigger role.Make him Sheriff or something. :-p

FriendlyStranger
10th Jul 2009, 08:54
Nice poll - I would have voted for all of them, since I would love to meet or witness some of the old characters back on stage - maybe as a siderole this time. Additionally I would like to see some new introduced.

smalljil
10th Jul 2009, 11:02
i'm the one percent who voted for constantine.:D i don't own t1 but his manor owned as i see.

kabatta
10th Jul 2009, 11:10
Hm...sheriff Benny...training the new recruits:
-If you see a bad guy, jus' point the sword at him aaand sssaaayyy...'HEY! BAD GUY! YER NOT S'POSED TO BE HERE! GET OUT, OR I'LL POKE YOU WITH MY SWORD 'TIL YOU SAY...'OUCH, I'M DEAD!''. And remember, taffers, drinking makes you FEARLEESS!
DONT go on guard duty withouth a bottle of wine.

FriendlyStranger
10th Jul 2009, 12:13
Hm...sheriff Benny...training the new recruits:
-If you see a bad guy, jus' point the sword at him aaand sssaaayyy...'HEY! BAD GUY! YER NOT S'POSED TO BE HERE! GET OUT, OR I'LL POKE YOU WITH MY SWORD 'TIL YOU SAY...'OUCH, I'M DEAD!''. And remember, taffers, drinking makes you FEARLEESS!
DONT go on guard duty withouth a bottle of wine.

lol, I would also enjoy seeing the running gag Benny return.

matdmcc2
23rd Aug 2009, 01:17
I say Benny should have a bigger role.Make him Sheriff or something. :-p

Outstanding idea sir!

As for the poll, i think the only plausible one would be little miss hottie tree bottoms. The opinion that Karras was awesome was spot on, in the realm of "nigh impossible" maybe he could return as like a cyborg (ahh i know i cringe at the thought, but maybe it could work):lmao: The hammerites are always such good sports.

Secondary
25th Aug 2009, 23:05
i dont see how (or why) Viktoria should return, as far as i can tell she sacrificed herslef to destroy the mechanist cathedral and so on. Gamall is old, decrepit and probably mad (glyph withdrawal?). Karras is dead, barring a miralce

a character i wouldnt mind taking center stage would be inspector Drept. since Garrett put his childhood freind to rest and brought down gamall i think there would be some sort of grudging respect there, he may be the agent by which Garrett communicates with the Hammerites should he ever need to

Ode to a Grasshopper
26th Aug 2009, 04:36
One more for Benny.

huzi73
1st Oct 2009, 09:51
Hey wheres Benny ?

Platinumoxicity
1st Oct 2009, 11:13
Where's Basso?

kin
1st Oct 2009, 11:34
In another poll maybe?

Cybele
1st Oct 2009, 11:53
The city watch won't be what it used to if they leave out Benny.
Also we don't really know what happened to the sentients after their powers were unlocked and the last of all glyphs activated. I'd love to suddenly stumble on it while robbing some rich guys mansion =D
Artemus may return, if not alive then as a ghost since he's spirit is stuck just like Lauryl's was. Imagine seeing him in some creepy mission :) Then again, didn't the last of all glyphs destroy all the other glyphs (and thus the one that would be imprisoning Artemus)?

huzi73
2nd Oct 2009, 13:34
The city watch won't be what it used to if they leave out Benny.
Also we don't really know what happened to the sentients after their powers were unlocked and the last of all glyphs activated. I'd love to suddenly stumble on it while robbing some rich guys mansion =D
Artemus may return, if not alive then as a ghost since he's spirit is stuck just like Lauryl's was. Imagine seeing him in some creepy mission :) Then again, didn't the last of all glyphs destroy all the other glyphs (and thus the one that would be imprisoning Artemus)?

You mean the glyph on garretts hand?

Lost Taffer
3rd Oct 2009, 05:59

Now you're talking! Even better, have the Eye play a larger role in the overall campaign with Garrett having to carry the cursed thing around like some kind of macabre guide.
Sweeeeet...

Crypto
3rd Oct 2009, 14:47
Not interested in seeing any killed-off characters returning. That's the sign of a failing franchise 95% of the time, 99% if the return wasn't scripted ahead of time. Artemus is the only person I'd like to see return, possibly as a middleman for an enigmatic new faction.

I do want to see the Keepers return as a group. Their gambits could become even more mysterious and twisted if they don't have magic to do all their work for them.

Vae
3rd Oct 2009, 23:45
Given their intelligence, the Keepers could find other magical ways to empower themselves again...this not need be glyph magic. In fact, it would be logical to assume that they would delve into the arcane or negotiate with those who may empower them magically, in order to survive as a faction.

Vae
4th Oct 2009, 02:57
Hence, why they would seek a new source of empowerment. They simply would need to in order to regain status as a viable faction...otherwise they would just fizzle out completely.

I don't care if the Keepers return to T4, as there are plenty of new scenarios that can be implemented which don't include them. But if they do, they would need to do something like this.

sanctimon
4th Jul 2010, 23:13
Why not just continue from where the last Thief left off? With Garrett having a young apprentice?

Vae
4th Jul 2010, 23:15
Will it never end?...:(

Asadar
5th Jul 2010, 08:13
Drept, why not. It is a interesting caracter. But need a new fresh antagonist for a new story.

Platinumoxicity
5th Jul 2010, 08:30
Will it never end?...:(

I think he made a new username just to come in and troll...

Asadar
5th Jul 2010, 12:28
There will always be guys like him unfortunately...

The Atrophy
5th Jul 2010, 19:07
Inspector Drept making a brief reappearence wouldn't be bad. It would make a lot more sense then most on the list there, since he's actually still alive. Bringing back brief cameos from characters who are still alive (Mosely, Bafford, etc) would be nice. But bringing back long dead characters just to try and please fans or because EM doesn't have any better ideas is a big NO NO in my opinion.

I think it would be cool for one or two of the random thieving missions to be given to Garrett by some of the fences we have encountered already.

Despite the fact that cameos would be cool, I think it would be more important to have a fresh, new story that further develops the Thief fiction.

Platinumoxicity
5th Jul 2010, 23:35
So... some random characters who we still have on the list:

-The Baron
-Wardens Raputo and Webster (Warden Ramirez is dead)
-Inspector Drept (Probably rejoined the Hammerites)
-High priestess Dyan and shaman Larkspur of the Pagans
-Lieutenant Mosely of the City Watch (probably no longer a lieutenant after assuming chief position in Thief 2)
-Basso the Boxman and his wife Jenivere ("Bonnie and Clyde"-ish criminal couple?)
-Lord Bafford (Could, by some weird coincidence hire Garrett to steal a certain scepter for him)
-Master Willey and Lady Van Vernon (Could be these rich drunken "fastlane"-partygoers with penthouses.)
-High Priest Markander of the Hammerites (Was rescued by Garrett in Thief 1)
-Ashton, the murderous librarian (Went to work for Lord Holanthrus as a librarian after his bloody episode)
-Madame Volari (Brothel manager)
-Brother Cavador (Could be a bit traumatized by the encounter with a certain wooden lady.)
-Quince and Jackow (Probably contract killers and/or in the service of a different warden after the death of Ramirez)

xAcerbusx
6th Jul 2010, 00:02
Maybe I just read too much into it, but wasn't Basso retiring after he freed Jenivere? I'm sure I could be wrong.

Asadar
6th Jul 2010, 10:50
Nice list. ;)

And we can add some others caracters:

- The crazy widow Edwina Moira. (Not really usefull I confess)
- Lord Julian. Who probably still want revenge against his cousin.
- Lord Amber (Julian's cousin) and the Rutherfors great-Family.
- Lady Elizabeth and her own ambitions and shenanigans. (From the Rutherfords Family)
- And of course our recurring friend Benny.

Rieknor
6th Jul 2010, 19:50
I'd like to see Constantine and Viktoria again, so as Karras, but just in some kind of aparition, and Constantine in some kind of "form".
The history needs a new villan.

The Atrophy
6th Jul 2010, 20:44
The only desire I have of seeing everyone again is to see how they could be rendered with today's game tech by a loving AI art team, in fan-fiction, fan-art, but nothing official in a Thief game. If there was a way to have a flashback that really brought Robb Waters's and Daniel Thron's concepts to life, without adding any cheese or typical crap, that also didn't look forced or like fan-service, and really contributed to the story out of fitting necessity, without taking away form the game, then okay.

Agreed. Having dead characters like Karras, Constantine, etc. would be fine for "flashbacks" (cutscene or ingame I don't know) where the original concepts are respected and it makes sense with the story. But shoving characters back in who no longer belong in the story is silly.

Rieknor
6th Jul 2010, 21:07
Agreed. Having dead characters like Karras, Constantine, etc. would be fine for "flashbacks" (cutscene or ingame I don't know) where the original concepts are respected and it makes sense with the story. But shoving characters back in who no longer belong in the story is silly.

Yes.

Anyway, I'd like if they say some words to Garret in T4, but in a cutscene in a dream or something.

I know that Constantine is death but, the Woodsie Lord die and disappear just like that? I dont think so.

Vae
6th Jul 2010, 21:17
Constantine was the Trickster god in disguise...Karras on the other hand is surely doomed.

The Atrophy
6th Jul 2010, 21:21
Yeah, Karras is super pwnd.

On the subject of Constantine, is he a real GOD or just a super powerful mortal being that can still die? I've seen people argue for both.

Platinumoxicity
6th Jul 2010, 23:09
I have a problem with the fact that at least twice it has been said in the series that the Trickster truly is dead but everyone is acting like he has some special, somehow self-explanatory rules of semi-immortality. But it's just me. As long as all evidence points to him being dead, I believe he's dead. Because I have no prejudices about what constitutes a god, so I don't attribute them with immortality.

The Master Builder on the other hand... I don't think he exists at all. The Trickster undoubtable was real, but the Builder is still just words on paper, thoughts in crazy heads and money in clergymen's pockets.

Platinumoxicity
6th Jul 2010, 23:31
The thought of him being around for longer than the Keepers and dying with a backfire and his death having no real impact on The City's nature and chaos means...nothing?

No, in fact it does mean something. Even though the Trickster did have magical powers to manipulate nature in more powerful ways than for example the mages, it has never been implied that he's responsible for the existance of nature and chaos. And the fact that his death didn't have any impact on their state simply proves us that he really didn't control nature afterall.

If I said that I'm the creator of the universe and my existence, physical or aethereal sustains the existence of it, and my death would not result in the destruction of existence, would you believe that I really did transcend the physical world to sustain the universe in a different dimension, or would you think that I was just taffin' you? :D

Rieknor
7th Jul 2010, 01:09
Let's suppose that the Trickster is a really powerful creature or "something" with more power than the mages and all that.

The Hammers Priests can kill him with just a fake artifact in no more than 5 seconds?

I dont think the Trickster is a "god" with all that that implies, but i think he is more than just a magical creature, for me he is like the owner of all the nature and chaos, so to speak.

And about the Builder, i think he does exist.
I dont care if he is like God or Jesus(he did exist, if he was an actual mesias, it doesnt mind, he did exist)

The Atrophy
7th Jul 2010, 03:40
I'm of the school of thought that can't imagine him being completely gone, when the very things he did in and around The City never went away. I imagine him more like Sauron, who's flesh is necessary for him to get around, but can be destroyed, leaving him to recoup his strength for long periods of time before becoming powerful enough to take a physical form and get all uppity again. The Trickster has been around so long, I have doubts he killed himself. The Pagans express that they miss Viktoria, but never noticed the Woodsie Lord's absence, still praying to him, worshiping him, and the Woodsie Lord has been around for millennia, rising up against the Hammerites time and again. As with the Sauron idea, knowing Tolkien and D&D were major influences on Thief, I also look at the Trickster's tattoos as possible ritualistic tattoos for binding him to an avatar named Constantine. He not only controls the elements, but also the fabric of space, and apparently DNA. He can cause the ground to open up and swallow a nearly a whole civilization, entombing them in a dungeon-like pocket with just enough to keep them alive for generations, but he engages in combat with a sword. I wonder if the sword he used to cut off King Gruliac's hand (Jacknall's Paw) is the same one Garrett stole in TDP/Gold? He's cruel and kind, wrathful, and merciful, all at once. He's the closest we get to god-like, but a lot of us are fine with calling him a demi-god.

That's kind of the impression I was getting too. Thanks for the clarification:) The Sauron comparison was a good call.

Platinumoxicity
7th Jul 2010, 07:22
And about the Builder, i think he does exist.
I dont care if he is like God or Jesus(he did exist, if he was an actual mesias, it doesnt mind, he did exist)

The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of the Builder is that there could've been some smart dude who invented numerous new building techniques, discovered the hammer and nail or something. He went around teaching his work to other carpenters and craftsmen. Teaching became preaching. Architectural rules became dogmatic rules. He became known as the Master Builder. Time passed and the preachers did not convince enough people anymore, so they needed to "spice up" the preachings with threats and violent dogma. Lies became truth. The good teachings of a simple good-willed carpenter became a fundamentalist religion.

(I'm not exactly sure where the misogyny came into play though.)

The Atrophy
7th Jul 2010, 08:26
The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of the Builder is that there could've been some smart dude who invented numerous new building techniques, discovered the hammer and nail or something. He went around teaching his work to other carpenters and craftsmen. Teaching became preaching. Architectural rules became dogmatic rules. He became known as the Master Builder. Time passed and the preachers did not convince enough people anymore, so they needed to "spice up" the preachings with threats and violent dogma. Lies became truth. The good teachings of a simple good-willed carpenter became a fundamentalist religion.

(I'm not exactly sure where the misogyny came into play though.)

Hmm... that story reminds me of something... :rolleyes:

But yeah, I always got the impression that the Builder was a more traditional omnipresent kind of God. There are definite parallels between the Hammerite/Mechanist faith and real world christianity. Even the hammer is pretty damn close to a cross.

Asadar
7th Jul 2010, 09:52
Originally Posted by The Atrophy

Hmm... that story reminds me of something...

But yeah, I always got the impression that the Builder was a more traditional omnipresent kind of God. There are definite parallels between the Hammerite/Mechanist faith and real world christianity. Even the hammer is pretty damn close to a cross.

Yep, reminds me something too! ^^

But I agree. There is clearly parallels between fantasy and real world religion.
But to stay just in fantasy, I see the Master Builder god more as a mortal to the rank of God by the descendants of his disciples, than as a real God.
Similarly, I agree completely explains of jtr7 about Constantine. The comparison with Sauron is very good! ^ ^

Asadar
7th Jul 2010, 10:58
"Love" does not belong to the vocabulary of the two factions. :D

They prefer some words like "Redemption", "Purification", "Fire", "Steel", or something more like "I will pray for your repentance after I will crush your face under my Hammer."

Platinumoxicity
7th Jul 2010, 11:46
It seems that I'm the only one here who draws one's conceptions of these deities of what I can see, not of what I'm told or what I read. ;)

Vae
7th Jul 2010, 21:25
Exactly...:thumb:

Rieknor
8th Jul 2010, 00:11
The Hammerites were intentionally derived from the Rosicrucians and Roman Catholics and Spanish Inquisition, and the Mechanists were derived from Presbyterians, and all specifically the darker bloodier periods they are forever the most hated for. If there's one thing entirely missing from the Hammer/Mechanist Christian-derivation, it's love in any form, never the word used, not even toward The Master Builder or Karras, and barely conceptualized in acts of brotherhood.

The Builder's acts are not based on love, but what is right and correct.

And the realationship between The Hammers and the Builder is more like they want his approval and they want to learn from him and The Builder punishes acts of revelion, like Father-Son relationship

Asadar
8th Jul 2010, 13:17
Sure. The sense of understanding and compassion in the Hammerite Order must be really subliminal if it exists! :D

And for the Father-Son relationship... I agre, but it is a very strict father. And actually, this relationship exists more between brothers and superiors than with the Master Builder himself, for ultimately it is the interpretations of the masters Hammerite that the Order follows. The Master Builder is more a sort of icon used to sanctify their actions.
The Fathers are the superiors, keepers of the true and the elder learns, and the Sons are the Hammerites themself (I mean the Brothers), defenders of the Order and disciples of the Master Builder.

djalkapone
21st Jul 2010, 05:16
The little girl in the last cutscene of TDS that tries to steal from Garrett and he does like a Keeper saying what the Keeper who embraced him in TDP first cutscene did, but the little girl being you, and Garrett your teacher in THIEF 4, i think it would be awesome
PD: Im from Argentina a country that almost dont have any english language, im the only one of my 30 friends that can speak english a little good, and the only one who knows of Thief world here haha wonderful game, kinda changed my life in some way

The Atrophy
21st Jul 2010, 05:39
Saaaaaaaaad faaaaaace :(

Vae
21st Jul 2010, 05:52
No....no....not again, not the Girl...:mad:

Builder, grant us release from this tormenting haunt...I beg of thee...:(

djalkapone
21st Jul 2010, 06:00
Why not? :S

Or the little girl like an assistant for Garrent, a student and you being Garrett like in T1, T2 and T3
Maybe she can save G's life in some moment of the game

Vae
21st Jul 2010, 06:26
Help!...somebody do something...he's got a Girl!!!

djalkapone
21st Jul 2010, 06:35
Haha thats some humour like my country people, its 3.32 AM and im going asleep, gonna check the (seriously) answers in like...eight hours, seeies yous laters, mansies fools i lovsie that trickster-follower langsie

Nightwynd
21st Jul 2010, 07:02
Hey djalkapone,

i feel a little sorry for you about the reaction you got. i do understand however why you did. some of the guys here have been around for ages. having been here (and ttlg forums) for ages they've been forced to bump into the question about you-know-who (the little girl for gods sake!).
i guess you got thumbed down cause they are too tired to explain and elaborate it for you, or have a matter-of-fact-like approach. for that i think i can apologize on behalf of everyone giving you the **** for your first post - even tho being humorous ****.
but when you explore further this forum, you'll find the very much elaborated answers for "why not the girl?". Tho you will find opposite views, too.
IMO, the girl shouldn't be in the game cause it'd change the gameplay if two characters were included. and female main character would ruin the gaming experience for me. also, why abandon Garrett? he's one of the reasons why i play Thief and one of the game's driving forces. and Garrett is definitely a loner. EM would have to do hell of a job to introduce a new character of his stature.

Also, warm welcome to the forums. :)

--------------------------------------------------

And to avoid this post being completely off-topic, i'd like to see Garrett return. ;D also, i don't think the return of the Trickster would be impossible. but i do think that'd be a little lame choice.

Nightwynd
21st Jul 2010, 07:09
also, i see now that my excessive use of also in my last alsopost was too also much.

Platinumoxicity
21st Jul 2010, 08:12
Jtr7 and Vae, shut up. Didn't I tell everyone to ignore anyone that brings it up, and change the subject? You posts with a huge font draws attention to a subject that has no place in the discussion.

Namdrol
21st Jul 2010, 08:57
not the........girl

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Nightwynd
21st Jul 2010, 09:06
c'mon, stop being so *****y about it. i believe the dev's have made up their mind about the girl by this time. and i think it's ridiculous to be afraid her mentioned. she's a total taboo on this forum. it's really kinda sad. i don't think that every time someone mentions her the dev's are gonna go "hmm... on second thought, what if we put that GIRL in - just to **** around with the fans".

and is ignoring ppl really a mature solution? i'm sure we can do things in a more civil way.

Nightwynd
21st Jul 2010, 09:47
i think it's just an inevitable probality that a new poster might mention her. and it doesn't make me happy either, but i'm not going to be disappointed or unhappy if it's brought up. i also understand you guys being tired of it popping up time to time but if you are too tired to write a decent comment about it, just shut it then.
there's a zillion posts on this forum and one couldn't possibly assume the new posters going through all of it just so that they can instantly understand where you are coming from. you can tell them without over reacting with screen-sized font. :lol:

Who thinks that? You thought of it, but we didn't, and even you know it's ridiculous.

of course i know it's ridiculous, it was intended so.

Platinumoxicity
21st Jul 2010, 10:05
The reason why I suggest people to ignore those who bring up the subject is that I'm tired of everyone visually facepalming about it, and on every page it happens at least once. Every time it's brought up, there are 5 responses countering the stupid idea and after that at least 3 responses discussing the counter-argument. It's useless and it creates an illusion about the argument's importance. It's not important because it's not an argument. Shut up, change the subject and move on.

The Atrophy
21st Jul 2010, 10:08
Good call Plat. Your right - it is useless to endlessly repeat the pattern when dealing with the subject of the girl.

Nightwynd
21st Jul 2010, 10:32
agreed. but it's seemingly same thing with on every other topic aswell. has anyone brought something painstakingly fresh on this forum for some time? the dev's will have us gnawing on the same bone here until they throw us another one. the topics will be imo quite repetetive until that happens.

esme
21st Jul 2010, 10:50
ok I can't take this any more

prove to me that it is a girl in the first place

does the character have a feminine name ? - no they have no name so no clue there

does the character have any sexually identifiable characteristics ? - no apart from a high pitched voice, there's a small boy living over the road from me with a higher pitched voice so that doesn't count either

what's left ? - general thin appearance such as you'd get in any malnourished waif

so it's 50:50

it may or may not be a girl in the first place but for some reason the largely male contingent of new players have decided that it is a female and not only that, but they should replace the main protagonist despite less than 15.4 seconds of on screen time, yes I checked

so I counter propose if we are going to replace Garrett lets replace him with "the boy"

and see how many people get behind that idea, I suspect not so many

Nightwynd
21st Jul 2010, 10:59
maybe he's a castrate. one mission would be to steal back his you-know-whats.

my biology teacher always said not to judge people before you seem them naked... or sumthing.
i don't want that androgynous to be there ruining my day. i can watch placebo's music videos for that.

which i prefer not to.

Asadar
21st Jul 2010, 11:53
Well... I make a small return on the original question and on an interesting idea that had been raised: new caracter=> A Necromancer.

* In TMA there was Azaran the Cruel, a mysterious necromancer, ancient Earth Mage, residing in a spire in Dayport.
* In TDS there was a lonely Pagan living in a small sewer room close to The Shalebridge Cradle and the gate to the docks, who has the Necromancers Wand.

Platinumoxicity
21st Jul 2010, 12:25
* In TDS there was a lonely Pagan living in a small sewer room close to The Shalebridge Cradle and the gate to the docks, who has the Necromancers Wand.

I think the lone necromancer pagan was a non-canon concept created by the devs as a gimmick that filled a blank in the horrible faction system. They couldn't think of any other way for the player to help the Hammerites to gain some respect points, and what made the decision even harder was that the force that reanimated the dead was always transparent and unknown in the previous installments. (except for Azaran who used to be an Elementalist Mage) They needed some scenario where the player could help the Hammerites while simultaneously directly working against the Pagans. Thus they decided that Pagans knew necromancy.

-The Hammerites are the force of progress and not exactly against nature but clouded by mad ramblings.
-The Mechanists were the force of progress and were working against nature, completely brainwashed by mad ramblings and self-destructive behavior.
-The Pagans are the force working against progress and for nature, but clouded by mad ramblings.
-The Necromancers (or generally the undead forces) are the force that disrupts the natural order of death, thus indirectly working against everyone and everything, but without a strict goal. They don't care who they hurt or help. Their motivations are entirely selfish and most likely insane.
-The Keepers were the equalizing force with the purpose of keeping all of this in balance. Or at least they were under the impression that they did. We'll see in Thief 4.
-The Mages, well... their motivation is unknown, they're probably 100% neutral.

Remember how little there was anything growing in Old Quarter's sealed section in Thief 1? 50 years of abandonment would make any area look like a forest, and roots of plants would have crumbled most of the buildings to the ground. The Eye's necromantic power made everything living wither and die, and everything dead resurrect to hunt the living down. I'm sure the Pagans would never be associated with something so destructive to their precious nature. And yes, the Trickster abused the Eye to draw power from it, and to use that power for his own needs. And those needs had nothing to do with necromancy, just natural chaos.

...And btw I still lol at the "magic wand" stuff in TDS. Feels too "Potter" to me. But that's just me.

Asadar
21st Jul 2010, 12:42
I didn't say that I agree with this "pagan necromancer". Pagans are not Necromancer, and I agre with you, this one is more like a gimmick to fill the blank of their "revisited-factions".
I just quote him not because he is a pagan, but because he had an Necromancer artefact, as you said, a sort of "Dark Potter Wand". :D
So yes, he isn't a good example.

But I just said this to restart some suggestions and opinions about the significant presence (or not) of one or several Necromancers in Thief 4, and how to integrate them. ;)

Tryst
21st Jul 2010, 17:30
I wouldn't mind a seperate Necromancers faction, maybe an offshoot of the mages but as a totally seperate faction. Maybe they could be the antagonists, something completely new for Garrett to deal with. Maybe more haunts and less zombies though, I found the zombies too easy to deal with because they are slow and clumsy. Even on the Abysmal Gale, it was easy to get everything you needed without even killing them because you could run around, grab what you want and disappear before they managed to take two steps.

Vae
22nd Jul 2010, 03:14
:thumb:...100% correct and true...:)

The Girl is a potential THIEF corruption, and will be treated like the abomination that it is...

If it continues to haunt this forum, and no one decides to say anything, in effect, the idea is passively supported. This is because there is no negation of the negative proposition, nor a righteous argument for perspective, leaving the Girl undead, and free to influence the minds of those who gaze upon her, potentially duping the unwary and uninformed to join in on blasphemous thought.

Asadar
22nd Jul 2010, 09:52
Riots in the docks ? The situation is rather "riot in the Forum." :D

Could we leave the girl aside some time and return to other antagonists/protagonists more interesting? (Not necessarily Necromancers, there may also have other suggestions)

What about the Baron himself ? And the City Warden ? Or the City Council ?

After all what happened in the city during the three dark ages, there a great place in Thief 4 for political and religious conspiracy. And behind this, there could be an other darker hidden conspiracy.

...for example. ;)

Asadar
22nd Jul 2010, 10:15
For the moment we don't know the real name of the present Baron. We just know he was out of the city fighting a war with Blackbrook during the first Thief Trilogy.
In think he could be a very interresting caracter for Thief 4. We could then learn more about him and his true motivations, about the war, and especially about how he will match the city after the events of the previous Thief Games.
Of course, his return will not leave indifferent the City Warden, and the City Council. Not to mention the Hammerites in the city, and how to treat with pagans.
Return to the original situation or radicalization against the factions that are responsible of the chaos in the city?
A what about the Hand's Bortherhood and its "neutrality"?

Many questions that bring many interresting suggestions. ;)

Voodoo
22nd Jul 2010, 10:21
Yes Asadar what about the hand brotherhood I would like to know what became of them for sure.

Asadar
22nd Jul 2010, 12:34
Definitely I think that the time following TDS is conducive to factions like the Mages or Necromancers (or both) to interfere in the political maneuvering and to use the situation to work in secret in their own interest.

This is a personal opinion, and I have no proof, but I think Baron Bresling was just a sort of Regent, which secured the role of Baron in the absence of the original lineage. It would be interesting to see the real Baron come back and resume his place. We can then know more about the war and how it ended. More importantly, it would then resurface the true nature of all politicians and all the nobles.
The Regent could prevent the return of the old Baron, nobles and lords could try to benefit by attracting the good graces of one or the other, and behind that, the City Warden could return by making arrangements with the politicians involved.
And even a plot like this could lead to another worse ... as always in Thief! :D

Voodoo
22nd Jul 2010, 12:53
So many possibilities I just hope someone is reading all this.

djalkapone
22nd Jul 2010, 20:53
Hahaha i was kinda busy and couldnt read the answers like i said i would in 10 hours, and i cant believe all the things i seen in all the coments, something from someone saying if developers put the girl then the game is ruined and like alot of ppl forgot the whole story, for myself its not the case....i love ALL the sequel and i understand all the timeline of the history, i also understand you fervient followers cant answer same questions over and over again from ppl like myself, it was just an opinion and i dont want to move the main topic to another thoughts
nevermind, thats only a wish from myself, like voodoo said theres alot of possibilities that can be made true in T4 and i hope devs will make the right thing for us all, that support this GREAT game
thanks Nightwynd for the welcome, i apologize too for being in some way a little annoying with my quesation "whyyy whyyyy whyyy" haha sorry
well i have nothing more to say, wish you all good luck and see ya in T4 multiplayer haha just joking
PD: i voted for Constantine-Viktoria
byebye!

theBlackman
22nd Jul 2010, 21:08
It's simple, really. The same immersion and atmosphere of the first two games.

Fancy antagonists, eye candy, and "realism" can't, as TDS proved, improve on the ambiance and spine-tingling action of TDP/GOLD and TMA.

Hypevosa
23rd Jul 2010, 02:57
It's nice to see your return (at least it seems you've been gone for a good while). Maybe your return is the harbinger of thief news?

It's getting insanely stale on these forums without having even a morsel of information :(

theBlackman
23rd Jul 2010, 05:58
It's nice to see your return (at least it seems you've been gone for a good while) [...]

This forum has degenerated to the point where I find little of interest or even worth additional commentary.

My absence was partly due to that, and some major personal issues in February.

My re-appearance here is likely to be spotty at best if repeated after this.

Asadar
23rd Jul 2010, 10:27
Glad to meet you Blackman. ;)

I hope you will find some interesting new commentaries.

Voodoo
23rd Jul 2010, 11:52
You know what im wondering how things are going to continue now the keepers are gone. The keepers always provided the main storyline for Garrett in some way what will be in their place how will things continue. I would love to know the anwsers to those questions.

Platinumoxicity
23rd Jul 2010, 12:25
You know what im wondering how things are going to continue now the keepers are gone. The keepers always provided the main storyline for Garrett in some way what will be in their place how will things continue. I would love to know the anwsers to those questions.

They'll have to start doing some real work. Some of them will probably become private investigators or scientists and scholars, and I think the majority will attempt to continue the Keeper tradition of observation. They will keep (no pun) an eye on events and predict future scenarios based on probabilities derived from previous events and their causes. The Keepers' duty as well as the duty of the True Keeper as we knew it has been fulfilled, so now the Keepers can't rely on just reading the script off some ambiguous texts, and Garrett can't be bound by fate to their prophecies anymore. That would mean more work and professionalism for the Keepers, and possibly actual profit for Garrett. ...Unless Garrett is so fed up with those idiots that he won't work with them even for money.

I think that in T4 Garrett would need to grow up and start doing what's best, only thinking about himself. He could still be under the slight impression that he's important but in the end he would gradually learn that his days as a hero are long gone and further altruism would just get him killed. The world will do as it pleases regardless of his actions, and possibly through a new figure that will save it. Garrett never really could fight the future, but now he shouldn't even try, even if he doesn't yet realize it.

Asadar
25th Jul 2010, 15:16
Yep. Agree with that point.

Keepers are probably still there. And some of them would continue to work in following the traditions and the creed of the Keepers. But as jtr7 said, some others could seek revenge against Garret and what he did.
I think we surely will see them again, on a way or another. And in a first hand, Garret would certainly refuse to hear them, because of his pride and his greed. But the future could well push him to reconsider his point of view, and for once, push him to think a bit more before acting.
This is a new beginning... for the Keepers, and for Garret. ;)

Asadar
26th Jul 2010, 12:36
:confused:

...don't understand.

Vae
26th Jul 2010, 16:49
:lol:...Odyseeos often comments in the form of abstract impressions. Even if one is highly fluent in English, puzzling together what he's saying can be a challenge.

EDIT: ...and for some reason, he just deleted his post...:confused:

BigCole
27th Jul 2010, 05:37
Yeah. We don't know if TDS's Baron Bresling is alive or dead or of what generation, in the seat of power now or decades past. And with zero mention of war with other cities, or other cities at all, in TDS, we don't know if The Baron who was off at war died and was replaced (potential plot devices explode from that idea), or if he came back and is the same Baron in TDS, and we don't know if the war is over or how it ended if it is. The lack of City Wardens in TDS, or thieves and thugs claiming allegiance to one, could either mean breach of continuity or the Baron retook power and stopped the corruption.

Was this war ever mentioned anywhere in the actual game? Or was it just inferred by scrolls found in the game directory but not ever used in gameplay?

Hypevosa
27th Jul 2010, 05:41
Was this war ever mentioned anywhere in the actual game? Or was it just inferred by scrolls found in the game directory but not ever used in gameplay?

2 nobles talking to eachother mention the baron being off with the war outside the city. I think the mission was Ambush, but I'm not entirely sure.

Asadar
27th Jul 2010, 07:33
Nice work jtr7. ;)

Originally Posted by Asadar

...don't understand.

In fact, I was just tired and I don't understood that was a quotation. Sorry. :D

Well, to come back on the famous Baron, all that quotations let me think that his return would be certainly not so appreciated. And that's a enough good raison to see him back in the city in Thief 4.
And more, that could potentially bring some new unexplored areas of the city.
For example : The baron Castle/Fortress, the City Council Chamber, and why not a war hospital in charge of the Hammerites ?
Those are just suggestions but I think that could be interresting.

JFSOCC
28th Jul 2010, 00:56
adding my voice for the good inspector.
might be interesting to hear about mosely too.

Asadar
28th Jul 2010, 08:24
The inspector Drept saw his obsession disappear with the hag... so I do not really see how his return could bring something interesting for the moment. But it's a possibility.
Mosely, however... it's an interesting choice. Both involved in the City Watch and with the Pagans, she could have indeed an interesting role to play if the Baron returned, for example.

ToMegaTherion
28th Jul 2010, 09:18
Clearly now the Hag is dealt with, Drept will feel lost and aimless, leave the Hammerites, and become a hard-boiled private detective with a weakness for blondes and bourbon.

Platinumoxicity
28th Jul 2010, 10:00
Mosely could be some kind of semi-contact in the City Watch for Garrett, who would aid Garrett is some situations and sell him information, but would always pretend to be pursuing him. (to avoid accusations of corruption.) It would be this weird "Comm. Gordon+Batman" -type of setup.
http://www.cubeupload.com/files/30b5dcmosely.png

Asadar
28th Jul 2010, 13:02
More important than who returns in T4 is that the world at least feels as though the major and many supporting characters of the trilogy existed before the first mission starts. Although TDS went way overboard with so many Gray Lady/Hag spook stories and children's songs and games that I never want to hear about her again, I could handle someone whistling the tunes. Events and activities shouldn't happen once and be forgotten forever when the whole City has been built over and over in a decade, and I don't just mean in words, but in level design and architecture and technology. Let the scars and patchworks and old foundations exist, with newer boilers grafted onto older pipes, and with brass and art deco cropping in up places as well as the thick iron plates with rivets, some painted green.

Yep. Entirely agree with you.

I would like to see the "City scares" in Thief 4.
I would be great to back in the Old Quarter and see what becomes the Haunted Cathedral that fell into ruin and oblivion behind his wall. And to see the ruins of Soulforge, and how the Hammerite treated it to make an example and a reminder of their own Heresy. And in the same time to explore the "New Quarter" and to discover other new places in the City.

massimilianogoi
28th Jul 2010, 13:06
Mosely could be some kind of semi-contact in the City Watch for Garrett, who would aid Garrett is some situations and sell him information, but would always pretend to be pursuing him. (to avoid accusations of corruption.) It would be this weird "Comm. Gordon+Batman" -type of setup.
http://www.cubeupload.com/files/30b5dcmosely.png

Very sexy! :thumb: I love that. Women with uniforms are my preferred.

I'm always wondered where she's ended up, and, above all, why there aren't female guard anymore on Thief 3... Maybe it's true that Ion Storm was lazy, or it had too few time to develop anything properly...

Nightwynd
28th Jul 2010, 13:13
Gotta ask this:

innit Mosley???

Asadar
28th Jul 2010, 13:20
I'm always wondered where she's ended up, and, above all, why there aren't female guard anymore on Thief 3...

Yep. I hope to see some women in the City Watch in Thief 4. Not a majority, but a few.

Gotta ask this:

innit Mosley???

I think it was well Lt. Mosely.

massimilianogoi
28th Jul 2010, 13:31
No, it's Lieutenant Mosley.

Nightwynd
28th Jul 2010, 13:32
but nevertheless, it'd be nice to know what's up with her. And very nice pic, Plat! Although, I gotta ask what's up with those hip-hop-baggy pant legs? :D No offence.

EDIT: so which one is it? :lol:

JFSOCC
28th Jul 2010, 14:00
I checked, it's Mosely

Nightwynd
28th Jul 2010, 14:01
Gotcha.

Platinumoxicity
28th Jul 2010, 14:54
but nevertheless, it'd be nice to know what's up with her. And very nice pic, Plat! Although, I gotta ask what's up with those hip-hop-baggy pant legs? :D No offence.

In my version of her continuity she's a weird lazy crime scene investigator that sits in the cellar of Shoalsgate with her plants under UV-lights and isn't concerned about uniform or appearance. Those are just her old casual pants and she's wearing the City Watch metal boots under them. Normally the standard uniform code requires all officers to tuck the folds in the boots but she's "too cool for that". I've seen this effect in the military. The officers on the higher levels of administration tend to not care about worthless uniform protocolls and are walking around jackets open, beards unshaved and without having their folds tucked.

Of course if a colonel sees a captain doing that it could get ugly. :D ("ugly" as in "really funny" when the batallion chief is yelling at your company commander)

Nightwynd
28th Jul 2010, 15:01
I saw something very similar during my service. :D

massimilianogoi
28th Jul 2010, 15:19
... Plat! Although, i gotta ask what's up with those hip-hop-baggy pant legs...

rotfl

Asadar
28th Jul 2010, 15:30
That's a nice pic Plat', but I did not imagine militia with baggy pants and canvas bag for shopping! ^^

I hope to quickly find my tablet and I can amuse myself on 'toshop too. :p

Platinumoxicity
28th Jul 2010, 15:37
That's a nice pic Plat', but I did not imagine militia with baggy pants and canvas bag for shopping! ^^

I hope to quickly find my tablet and I can amuse myself on 'toshop too. :p

It's not a shopping bag. That's where she keeps all the fancy CSI gadgets! And I guess the police standard-issue pants suck so she wears her own.

And my pic is not made with Photoshop, but MS Paint. I only shrunk it to 50% size using Photoshop. ;)

kin
29th Jul 2010, 04:53
Hey that city watch symbol is my drawing.
Nice work plat;)

Asadar
29th Jul 2010, 08:15
That's where she keeps all the fancy CSI gadgets! And I guess the police standard-issue pants suck so she wears her own.

:lol:

And my pic is not made with Photoshop, but MS Paint. I only shrunk it to 50% size using Photoshop. ;)

MS or Photoshop, your pic is also good. Nice work Plat'. ;)

Platinumoxicity
29th Jul 2010, 08:22
Hey that city watch symbol is my drawing.

Really? Were you a texture artist at Ion Storm? ;)
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090215235711/thief/images/thumb/f/fd/TDS_Texture_CityWatchbanner_D.jpg/94px-TDS_Texture_CityWatchbanner_D.jpg

Sharazito
3rd Aug 2010, 21:17
A new antagonist..

JFSOCC
3rd Aug 2010, 21:32
Someone who wants to start to "clean up" the city.
meaning tearing down old places and building new streets with wider roads, better lighting. a true urban planner.

not only would that make Garett's life that much harder, but mayhaps that would piss off a few of the people who get their living area torn to pieces too.

JFSOCC
3rd Aug 2010, 21:41
it would be Garett's job to increase the crime rate so much that the new wider better lit roads don;t seem to have a positive effect, ending the career of the antagonist :P

Asadar
4th Aug 2010, 09:06
The Baron return could be a good reason to "clean up" the city. I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate to find his city in this condition. But I mean "clean up" for the City Watch actions.

meaning tearing down old places and building new streets with wider roads, better lighting. a true urban planner.

I don't think it's a good idea. There already are Quarters that we don't explore in the Game. Some new quarters or noble Quarters. But the old Quarters need to stay here, like they are. There are a great part of the essence of the Thief's universe. ;)

JFSOCC
4th Aug 2010, 11:10
The Baron return could be a good reason to "clean up" the city. I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate to find his city in this condition. But I mean "clean up" for the City Watch actions.

I don't think it's a good idea. There already are Quarters that we don't explore in the Game. Some new quarters or noble Quarters. But the old Quarters need to stay here, like they are. There are a great part of the essence of the Thief's universe. ;)

I agree, that's why he's the antagonist ;)

Asadar
4th Aug 2010, 12:20
Oy vey.

Something wrong jtr ? :)