PDA

View Full Version : Features summary

Sean D
19th May 2009, 22:57
What if we create a nice-looking and detailed summary of the features that should or should not appear in DX3. That would give us (and maybe the developers) a good look at everything. Yup, despite many things were announced already. Just to see what the community wants, all in one thread.
Starting... now! DX oldphags most welcome to post.

I myself am going to come up with a lil list, but not ATM (too sleepy).

P.S. If there is a thread with this already, i'll kill myself with a scrambler grenade.

SemiAnonymous
20th May 2009, 02:45
OP is a self admitted robot

Also, in game cheat engine and an SDK

Jerion
20th May 2009, 04:26
OP is a self admitted robot

Also, in game cheat engine and an SDK

"in game cheat engine"

:lmao:

:lol: I'm sorry, that's just hilarious to me.

SDK though, definitely. :thumb:

DXeXodus
20th May 2009, 11:12
Definitely agree on the SDK. Not sure how user friendly the CD engine is though.

Also, GEP gun.

jordan_a
20th May 2009, 11:12
Sean you're a year late. :D At that time we started thinking about that but opted for the threads' list.

SemiAnonymous
20th May 2009, 17:18
"in game cheat engine"

:lmao:

:lol: I'm sorry, that's just hilarious to me.

SDK though, definitely. :thumb:

Hey, its the best way to describe it that I could think of at...some point last night when I should have been asleep.

Regardless, if I can't noclip and go zooming around the map and go woosh 'n stuff then thats -1 point right there.

Sean D
20th May 2009, 23:59
http://www.planetdeusex.com/klystron/Graphics/Original%20DX%20Items/Weapons/Grenades/ScramblerGrnd_wall2.jpg

TALLGEESE
21st May 2009, 00:07
i know one thing i would like, one head shot kills! IW used to annoy me when i had to put 4 or 5 slugs in the enemies head just to bring them down.:mad2: i miss my stealth pistol headshots people!

stealth pistol + scope = awesome! :D

edit: thank god there is no uni ammo in this one. and also, is it me or did IW just make you say to yourself while playing it, man, i really miss deus ex.

DXeXodus
21st May 2009, 11:20
I think we all felt that sense of wanting more whilst playing DX2.

TALLGEESE
21st May 2009, 15:13
yup, that is why deus ex is STILL installed on my comp, alongside vampire the masquerade: Bloodlines and not IW.

seriously, i lost count how many times i beat deus ex, i got it when it first came out, i was about 12(21 now) and the only video game that i had played prior was sonic the hedgehog:whistle:, so as you can tell deus ex made a huge impact in my life, and i don't think there is any other game out there that is gonna hit me as hard as it did.

BUT, here is to hoping.

Sabretooth1
21st May 2009, 15:20
seriously, i lost count how many times i beat deus ex, i got it when it first came out, i was about 12(21 now) and the only video game that i had played prior was sonic the hedgehog:whistle:, so as you can tell deus ex made a huge impact in my life, and i don't think there is any other game out there that is gonna hit me as hard as it did.
This.

I was about 11 when I played it and it had a huge impact on my life as well. Deus Ex is such a unique game in that way. ;)

Jerion
21st May 2009, 15:22
This.

I was about 11 when I played it and it had a huge impact on my life as well. Deus Ex is such a unique game in that way. ;)

I got you all beat. I was 10. And yes, it made a huge impact on my life too. :D

Ashpolt
21st May 2009, 15:27
I think I was about 18, and if I'm being perfectly honest I didn't like it first try - unfortunately, I wasn't much of an FPS guy at the time, and taste in RPGs was pretty much "if it's not turn based, I don't like it." I picked it up again when I was in uni though, and suddenly everything clicked, and it became my favourite game. So yeah, I'm definitely a latecomer to the Deus Ex party - I only completed the original a few months before IW came out - but this is definitely a case of "better late than never."

TALLGEESE
21st May 2009, 15:34
"if it's not turn based, I don't like it."

that is how i was with my console rpg's until i played tales of phantasia on the zsnes. that game was awesome, it was Dejap (translated, woot! for no censorship), not that piece of **** port to the GBA.

BlazeL
21st May 2009, 20:33
I think I was about 18, and if I'm being perfectly honest I didn't like it first try - unfortunately, I wasn't much of an FPS guy at the time, and taste in RPGs was pretty much "if it's not turn based, I don't like it." I picked it up again when I was in uni though, and suddenly everything clicked, and it became my favourite game. So yeah, I'm definitely a latecomer to the Deus Ex party - I only completed the original a few months before IW came out - but this is definitely a case of "better late than never."

Same goes for me with one difference, i was the average FPS guy. I was in the first grade in the university, when i finally decided to buy DeusEx. (I read everywhere that it is great so i was interested, but the lame story that the backcover offered alienated me all the time when i got the possibility to buy it.) IW was out more than two years that time (and i read everywhere how crap it is). But after watching a cyberpunk movie (with lame story) finally i decided to pick it up. Luckily, because that was the last copy for sale i saw in Hungary.

So as a hardcore UT player i failed to complete the training for the first time (i didn't bothered much with reading or listening to people) and i started with an ambush on the terrorists in Liberty Island with my bare pistol... the first one killed me. I was kinda WTF? and abandoned the game for months, but after that, i started it aigan (that time, i completed succesfully the training before start the game itself), and it is my favourite game since then. Yeah, after Honk Kong the plot became just as lame as it was advertised on the backcover but i didn't care about it. It is so well narrated by the interactive system and the game as a whole is so awesome, that it eradicated all of my bad feelings.

Right after finishing DX, i bought IW. It wasn't that much of a shock for me, as for most of you. I missed the awesomness of the first part's gameplay and level design, but i liked IW, too. Of course, it's not a classic, but it's good. (And personally, i prefere it's story over DX1's) So, i'm with the latecomers, but you can believe that this game still had a significant impact on my life. And then, more than a year after these events came the news of DX3. Well, i don't know. Let's hope it will be great, not just good.

FrankCSIS
22nd May 2009, 00:45
Played it at 16, when it came out. On the same school year I also played Fallout 2 days and night, and so those two games nearly compromised my last year of high school :p Those were the days!

Came from an adventure games background, Deus Ex was a natural. All my hopes of it being the future of action/adventure were shattered when no one picked up after DX, with the half exception of No One Lives Forever, another title which didn't survive the 2000's.