PDA

View Full Version : Why is PS3 Better

DarkKnight11
18th May 2009, 23:39
I don't have an Xbox and I don't have a PS3. I'm planning on getting one to coincide with the release of this game. A lot of people have said the PS3 is better than Xbox for this game, including the PSM3 Magazine.

In short, can anyone provide me with clear, cold hard evidence that shows PS3 is indeed better for Batman Arkham Asylum? To make that a bit more precise, I want more than "PS3 is the lead console" or "because some guy said the PS3 core made it look better". If you've got any quote, I'd like a source.

I'm not looking to start a console war, I'm just trying to understand what the real differences are (if they exist).

KillerCroc
18th May 2009, 23:48
Well, for 360 you have to buy all those parts and yadda yadda yadda, but all you do is you have to buy the system and hook it up. Online is free, more exclusive games...and series. PS store actually uses dollar signs and not "points". Built in Blu-Ray player, trust me it's great, you've never seen Wanted like that. Want more?

DarkKnight11
18th May 2009, 23:52
My concern isn't about the systems as stand alone pieces of hardware. My interest is in this: What makes PS3 the better machine for Batman Arkham Asylum? I apologize for not being more clear in my original post, I'll edit that now.

EliteF50
18th May 2009, 23:55
My concern isn't about the systems as stand alone pieces of hardware. My interest is in this: What makes PS3 the better machine for Batman Arkham Asylum? I apologize for not being more clear in my original post, I'll edit that now.

Well, both versions will be identical. But the PS3 has a better controller and free DLC. That's why it's the better version.

If you're going to buy a next-gen console, make it the PS3. Its hardware is much more reliable, and the games are much better, in my opinion.

EDIT: Like Croc said, with the 360 you have to buy a bunch of add-ons that the PS3 comes with. Add-ons like a rechargeable controller pack ($20), wi-fi ($99), etc. The PS3 also comes with a Blu-ray player... Instead of buying a 360 Elite with a 120GB HDD, you can get a PS3 with a 16-GB HDD and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

KillerCroc
18th May 2009, 23:57
What EliteF50 said. Also, for the 360 you have to go and buy those specific hard drives, with PS3 you can just oo and buy any, well, that the PS3 can use and they aren't expensive. I switched my hard drives and I can hold x4 of what I could, and the PS3 held a lot before that.

EliteF50
19th May 2009, 00:00
What Croc said. The PS3 uses laptop Hard Drives. The 360 uses specific Xbox Hard Drives.

You can get a 320GB PS3 HDD for the same price as a 20GB 360 HDD.

Abeja
19th May 2009, 00:01
PS3 is better graphically and a better machine. It should look the best out of the PC, 360, PS3 versions unless you have a kickass computer. Plus you get the Joker maps for free, and all other online stuff.

360 i would only get if you couldnt afford a PS3 or wanted to play Halo or GoW. PS3 seems to be up and coming, whereas Microsoft kinda blew their load as far as exclusives.

Id have to disagree with Elite tho, the 360 controller is one of the sickest controllers ive played with. Im thinking of getting one for my PC when this game comes out.

Abeja
19th May 2009, 00:03
PS3 is better graphically and a better machine. It should look the best out of the PC, 360, PS3 versions unless you have a kickass computer. Plus you get the Joker maps for free, and all other online stuff.

360 i would only get if you couldnt afford a PS3 or wanted to play Halo or GoW. PS3 seems to be up and coming, whereas Microsoft kinda blew their load as far as exclusives.

EliteF50
19th May 2009, 00:05

Id have to disagree with Elite tho, the 360 controller is one of the sickest controllers ive played with. Im thinking of getting one for my PC when this game comes out.

Well, the controller is strictly opinion. I like that the PS3 controller is symmetrical.

As for games, I think Killzone 2, Resistance 1/2, MGS4, God of War III, Gran Turismo 5, Uncharted 1/2, Ratchet and Clank Future 1/2, LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm 1/2, etc. are better than Halo 3, Gears 1/2, and PGR4.

DrBo42
19th May 2009, 00:07
We have no confirmation on specific details per performance on each console. Are you surprised that a PS3 specific magazine says its better on their console? You'll find the same bit of info in a 360 specific magazine. We won't know how they compare until a non-biased source compares the two. As it stands the PS3 version has the exclusive Joker maps, so if that's what you're looking for, it's an advantage. "My console is better than yours" line of posting is childish, and I hope it doesn't continue. :)

EliteF50
19th May 2009, 00:10
We have no confirmation on specific details per performance on each console. Are you surprised that a PS3 specific magazine says its better on their console? You'll find the same bit of info in a 360 specific magazine. We won't know how they compare until a non-biased source compares the two. As it stands the PS3 version has the exclusive Joker maps, so if that's what you're looking for, it's an advantage. "My console is better than yours" line of posting is childish, and I hope it doesn't continue. :)

That hasn't been the case so far.

I've backed up my console with proof of its superiority in this thread.

DrBo42
19th May 2009, 00:14
That hasn't been the case so far.

I've backed up my console with proof of its superiority in this thread.
You just proved that it is indeed the case. The OP is asking about differences between the two systems in relation to Batman: Arkham Asylum. It's not about "console superiority," he's asking which is better for this specific game. So let's keep it to the facts about the differences between the two for B:AA (which as I stated in my previous post, is none, except for the Joker challenge maps).

umibozu
19th May 2009, 00:16
ps3 prossecor = 4~10 xbox 360

Abeja
19th May 2009, 00:30
Well, the controller is strictly opinion. I like that the PS3 controller is symmetrical.

As for games, I think Killzone 2, Resistance 1/2, MGS4, God of War III, Gran Turismo 5, Uncharted 1/2, Ratchet and Clank Future 1/2, LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm 1/2, etc. are better than Halo 3, Gears 1/2, and PGR4.

Yeah the only advantage to me to get a 360 is price and controller, and those arent HUGE advantages. Thats it. Its taken alittle bit for PS3 to get some momentum, but i think they are gonna have alot better year than 360. If they would bring the price down alittle it would help too.

Marinetastic
19th May 2009, 00:33
I've got both, and honestly, the differences are mostly personal preference.
360 is cheaper and lets you choose what you want, but you will pay a premium for the wifi adapter and the large hdd. PS3 gives you everything you could want in the box, but it's at a high price point.
Current 360's are reliable, I've had no issues with it, but I've had a few freezes with the PS3.
I personally dislike the Dualshock pads, they're a bit too small, too light, and the buttons aren't quite rounded enough.
You do have to pay for multiplayer on the 360, but Live is always faster than PSN when I'm downloading a demo. If you're American, you'll get access to Netflix on the 360 too, I think PSN has an equivalent but I'm not entirely sure.

I'm picking it up for 360 because last bunch of games I bought were for the PS3, 360 needs some love :)
There won't be any huge difference between the 360 and PS3 versions, Playstation Magazine isn't going to endorse the 360 version, and the PS3 is the lead console simply because the Unreal Engine doesn't require the fine-tuning on 360 that it does on PS3, it was created by Epic pretty much for the 360 and PC.

If anything, it comes down to the exclusives, PS3 has God of War 3, MAG, etc coming up, and the 360 has Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction, etc.

Like I said at the start, it's personal preference, you're going to enjoy either, but you *are* going to miss out on some great games that the other console has as exclusives which ever you choose.

Quick addition for the PS3 side, DCUO looks to be very good and is a PC/PS3 exclusive

Riddling Artist
19th May 2009, 02:10
well ps3 is the right console to buy for AA becuz the ps3 can handle the draw distances bettter (i think), it has that cell processor which makes it look good, and i don tthink there will be an issue with frame rates with the ps3 version... other than that. there arent any real differences. oh and ps3 gets the joker challenge maps.

CaptainMcMulla
19th May 2009, 06:47
ps3 prossecor = 4~10 xbox 360

Exactly, the game will run better & smoother on the PS3. Also you have the Exclusive Joker DLC. In the long run the PS3 will be better than the XBOX360 because of its great features.

Kai Rei
19th May 2009, 07:13
Exactly, the game will run better & smoother on the PS3. Also you have the Exclusive Joker DLC. In the long run the PS3 will be better than the XBOX360 because of its great features.

Exactly. Such as the DVD/CD reading abilitie's, which is the backbone reason as to why I'm going to try to get one.

By the way, can the PS3 read PS1/PS2 disc's?

Abeja
19th May 2009, 08:17
If you have a PS3, then you should buy this game over other formats. Unless you like the controller that much.

luke344
19th May 2009, 08:21
there both good in their own way neither is better than the other. I hate this fan boyism console have it always comes down to preference. I chose xbox 360 cause I love online multiplayer specially with gears and halo, my opinion is that live is better than psn what with party chat, marketplace and all the DLC. Saying that PS3 is good aswell although people saying you have to buy all the add-ons for xbox you don't have to buy all of them you just have a choice and the PS3 is more expensive so it evens out.
P.S Doesn't wanna get in to a console fight just giving my opinion

Kai Rei
19th May 2009, 08:26
there both good in their own way neither is better than the other. I hate this fan boyism console have it always comes down to preference. I chose xbox 360 cause I love online multiplayer specially with gears and halo, my opinion is that live is better than psn what with party chat, marketplace and all the DLC. Saying that PS3 is good aswell although people saying you have to buy all the add-ons for xbox you don't have to buy all of them you just have a choice and the PS3 is more expensive so it evens out.
P.S Doesn't wanna get in to a console fight just giving my opinion

True, but I'd take a console/CD player/DVD/Blu-Ray player over a console that overheat's anyday. :D

Drazar
19th May 2009, 08:30
Just gonna say that Multiplatform games look better on the Xbox, simply because game developers find it easier to make it on the Xbox over PS3. Also whats with this "seperate parts" needed for Xbox? I didn't need to buy anything seperate for Xbox360 at all outside my HDMI cable.

MCREF
19th May 2009, 08:32
Exactly. Such as the DVD/CD reading abilitie's, which is the backbone reason as to why I'm going to try to get one.

PS2 is as far as it can go back but some of the games have some weird graphic errors. Don't know what's up with that.

Kai Rei
19th May 2009, 08:36
PS2 is as far as it can go back but some of the games have some weird graphic errors. Don't know what's up with that.

So that's a no then? It can't play PS2 game's...

Drazar
19th May 2009, 08:38
PS3 80GB can't play PS2 games, dunno about the 40gb one.

MCREF
19th May 2009, 08:40
No you can. Just watch out for the games that do that.

(So far it's only happened to me on Matrix Path of Neo and one level of Shaolin Monks. Works great every where else. It even has a "smoothing" feature that'll smooth out the graphics for the older games)

luke344
19th May 2009, 08:43
Just gonna say that Multiplatform games look better on the Xbox, simply because game developers find it easier to make it on the Xbox over PS3. Also whats with this "seperate parts" needed for Xbox? I didn't need to buy anything seperate for Xbox360 at all outside my HDMI cable.

you had to pay for a HDMI cable? I got mine free in the box

Drazar
19th May 2009, 08:43
Hurm, what about GoW 1 and 2?

MCREF
19th May 2009, 08:45
Hurm, what about GoW 1 and 2?

I think they're fine. I only played the first one once on the PS3 before I sold it.

Drazar
19th May 2009, 08:47
you had to pay for a HDMI cable? I got mine free in the box

I'm fairly certain i did, i could be wrong and i simply bought a HDMI Cable after receiving my very own HDTV. :P

I think they're fine. I only played the first one once on the PS3 before I sold it.

Oh boy! I just love the serie really much. Kratos is the man. :D

Kai Rei
19th May 2009, 08:50
GOW could mean either God of War or Gear's of War.

MCREF
19th May 2009, 08:52
Thank God they're exclusives. Otherwise, there'd be no way to tell GoW appart.

Kai Rei
19th May 2009, 08:55
Thank God they're exclusives. Otherwise, there'd be no way to tell GoW appart.

Good point.

Drazar
19th May 2009, 08:57
GOW could mean either God of War or Gear's of War.

God of War became 1st thus its = GoW.

Gears of War is refererred as Gears 1 & 2.

Kai Rei
19th May 2009, 09:05
God of War became 1st thus its = GoW.

Gears of War is refererred as Gears 1 & 2.

Not everywhere it's not. Some people use GoW for Gear's, like me, I use it for Gear's.

Drazar
19th May 2009, 09:06
Those who use Gears as GoW are fools. :P!

Kai Rei
19th May 2009, 09:07
Do you talk to yo momma with that mouth? :P

Drazar
19th May 2009, 09:28
I wash it everyday with soap before i do. :)

Eresys
19th May 2009, 09:30
First of all, if your thread title is implying that you will buy the PS3, then why bother asking why it's better?

So far, I have seen no good answer here. This thread has been used for PS3 praise and no comparisons in relation to Batman. The only thing I can say is that so far, the PS3 DOES seem to have the advantage with the Joker, but that's really about it.

I never see a game run any better on the PS3 than 360, and not graphically better, either.

I'm an Xbox 360 owner, so I try my best to not be bias, but honestly, with Eidos' lack of information, all we can all agree on is that the PS3 version of this game is better because of the Joker.

Strife2k7
19th May 2009, 11:49
In terms of backwards compatibility on the PS3, only the original ones released, the 60gb and the 20gb, are able to play PS2 and PS1 games. The newer consoles don't have emulators like the 20gb or the hardware chips like the 60gb system does. That was the first thing dropped when they decided that the PS3 needed to be cheaper than its original $599/$499 price point in the US.

As for which is better? From all the games I've played on each system it seems like games engineered specifically for PS3 will look great. Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles, GT5 prologue, etc. Games that are multiplatform, with only very few exceptions (and Arkham Asylum certainly looks to be an exception to this rule) tend to run more smoothly on 360 and look equally good on both systems.

In the case of Arkham Asylum it really comes down to which controller you like better and what you have available to you. I personally am buying it for PS3, after having played the demo I think they've done really good job with it.

artyfin
19th May 2009, 12:22
OK, without trying to turn this into a full out console war, for what my two cents is worth, I prefer the PS3 over the 360. I bought my 40GB PS3 for £300 which is a heafty price tag. Since then though, I've only bought PlayTV and a 320GB HDD as extra things. So now, I have a CD/DVD/Blu Ray player + a Freeview box that can record TV (I have an extensive library of Family Guy episodes :) + A HDD thats bigger than my laptop and a great games console. I also prefer the games on the PS3 to the 360 (i.e. Uncharted, Killzone 2, Rachet and Clank etc.) I think this makes me sound like a fanboy; don't get me wrong, I love the 360 and I envy some of the exclusives on there (Gears of War, Viva Pinata), I just prefer the PS3.

In the case of Batman Arkham Asylum, I think a lot of pro-PS3 magazines are stating that its better on PS3 because of the Joker exclusive content. Also, due to the fact that the PS3 is more powerful than the 360, it seems that, at full 1080i/1080p (I don't know which one is better), Batman: Arkham Asylum will look fantastic on the PS3.

Amputechture
19th May 2009, 12:38
I agree with Strife...

The Multi-platform games tend to look slightlybetter on 360 only because it is easier to develop for. Think about it. If a game is for 360 which uses DVD and can fit on the disk, is a Blu-ray disc really going to help? On the contrary...it is slower to access. Most PS3 games have an instal function to speed up the loading process but this eats up 1-3 GB of your HDD.

Really the only benefit is that AA on PS3 will have the Joker Exclusive (as far as we know...) The 360 however will most likely have somewhat sharper detail and quicker load times but it IS possible for PS3 to match this with an install. Aside from the Joker...they will be almost identical.

As far as actual console, I have owned both and each has their own flaws:

Xbox 360: $399.99 (Elite)

120 GB
HDMI cable in box
Live ($50 yearly)
Wireless Adapter ($99 for Wireless Connection)
Accessories MUCH cheaper (You can get PGR4, A Messenger Pad, AND Live subscription for a year for just $70!)
More likely to have issues

PS3: $399.99

80 GB
NO CABLE IN BOX...just Composite. REALLY?
PSN (Free)
Wireless Connection (Free)
Expensive Accessories
Blu-Ray Player

You decide :thumb:

Strife2k7
19th May 2009, 12:42
OK, without trying to turn this into a full out console war, for what my two cents is worth, I prefer the PS3 over the 360. I bought my 40GB PS3 for £300 which is a heafty price tag. Since then though, I've only bought PlayTV and a 320GB HDD as extra things. So now, I have a CD/DVD/Blu Ray player + a Freeview box that can record TV (I have an extensive library of Family Guy episodes :) + A HDD thats bigger than my laptop and a great games console. I also prefer the games on the PS3 to the 360 (i.e. Uncharted, Killzone 2, Rachet and Clank etc.) I think this makes me sound like a fanboy; don't get me wrong, I love the 360 and I envy some of the exclusives on there (Gears of War, Viva Pinata), I just prefer the PS3.

In the case of Batman Arkham Asylum, I think a lot of pro-PS3 magazines are stating that its better on PS3 because of the Joker exclusive content. Also, due to the fact that the PS3 is more powerful than the 360, it seems that, at full 1080i/1080p (I don't know which one is better), Batman: Arkham Asylum will look fantastic on the PS3.

PS3 games that are non-exclusive titles run in 720p. The 360 can 'upscale' 720p to 1080p but that generally leads to some bad screen tearing. I can't think of a single non-PS3 exclusive game that runs in true 1080p on the system. --

Edit: Just found a list of PS3 games that run natively in 1080p. While /most/ are PS3 exclusives there are a few multiplatform games on there. Most of them are sports games, but Ninja Gaiden Sigma is on there, as well as the first Transformers game and The Darkness. So it's possible Arkham Asylum will run in true 1080p though most multiplatform games are native 720p.

Amputechture
19th May 2009, 12:49
Aside from exclusive...none do.

Even some exclusives don't though...

DarkKnight11
19th May 2009, 12:49
First of all, if your thread title is implying that you will buy the PS3, then why bother asking why it's better?

So far, I have seen no good answer here. This thread has been used for PS3 praise and no comparisons in relation to Batman. The only thing I can say is that so far, the PS3 DOES seem to have the advantage with the Joker, but that's really about it.

I never see a game run any better on the PS3 than 360, and not graphically better, either.

I'm an Xbox 360 owner, so I try my best to not be bias, but honestly, with Eidos' lack of information, all we can all agree on is that the PS3 version of this game is better because of the Joker.

I'm actually leaning toward the 360. The Joker is a nice incentive, but since Batman Arkham Asylum is coming out later this summer I plan on taking this thing back to school with me in the Fall, and I know people with 360 games. And of course, there's price to consider. Despite these leanings, I wanted to find out I've heard the PS3 handles Arkham Asylum better before I made a final decision. It's a little silly, but I'm a bit crazy about Batman.

Tim Drake
19th May 2009, 12:54
You can be fairly certain that both versions will look just the same. The 360 is much easier to program for, compensating for the PS3s stronger hardware*. Let's not forget that B:AA is a third party game, with a limited budget (compared to something like MGS4), so they won't have the resources to truly take advantage of the PS3. Resident Evil 5 had a pretty large budget, and still it ran better on 360. It's cheaper for you to buy a 360 and buy the DLC, than buying a PS3, but if you are trying to decide between the two consoles, you should look at their lineup in general. I prefer the 360s as well as its controller, but you might not agree.. Basicly what I'm saying is - take a look at prior and upcoming games and then decide. You won't regret it no matter what you choose!

* atleast right now

Velderik
19th May 2009, 15:37
Don't forget the exclusives the PS3 got, Infamous, Ratchet & Clank, Killzone 2, God of War 3 (probably), and many more to come :)

+ It has the best graphics till now, just take a look at Killzone 2. No game now can beat the graphics of Killzone 2.

SamStar42
19th May 2009, 15:57
I laugh at how people think a game's better because of graphics. Graphics are nice but it's not a reason to buy or sell the game. If you want maybe 1-2 more hours of gameplay, get it on the PS3. Otherwise, I can't really see any difference in the systems.

On the exclusives I prefer 360 - simply because of Mass Effect, Halo, Gears, PGR4 and Left 4 Dead.

The Boshart
19th May 2009, 16:05
The only reason I will ever consider getting my 7th 360 will be for Mass Effect 2. None of their other exclusives really interest me.

Amputechture
19th May 2009, 16:09
That's the thing about 360 "exclusives" they are on PC as well. If you have the right setup, it will always be the better version. PS3 and Wii exclusives are exactly that. Also, if graphics don't matter, where is the Wii love?

DarkKnightDanny
19th May 2009, 16:09
all in all get a ps3,if youre not bothered about the joker content then xbox,dont listen to all this fanboy dirge that crops up in every single thread like this one

angleslam99
19th May 2009, 17:43
So that's a no then? It can't play PS2 game's...

You have to find a specific model with backwards compatibility. Try looking on ebay.

artyfin
19th May 2009, 17:43
Looks like we'll be getting the Fallout 3 DLC now! Thats one argument that we can't use.

EliteF50
19th May 2009, 17:49

We're not in 2006-07 anymore. MP games look exactly the same on both platforms.

MCREF
19th May 2009, 17:59
Actually, some multiplat's look better on Xbox for the same reason Drazar mentioned because some devs find 360 easier to develop for and then they just port the game to the PS3. It's their laziness, not the system. Some devs though (As you know) enjoy the challenge and a great game can emerge from the effort of actually developing the game on the PS3. Notice the same port move is difficult to do the other way around.

EliteF50
19th May 2009, 18:13
Uh-huh... and some MPs look better on PS3. Mercenaries 2, for example.

MCREF
19th May 2009, 18:17
Yeah some do. I kinda wish that some of the devs out there could do away with the "current gen" team, "next gen" team thing and just focus on tailoring for each system. If they did, it would be leaps and bounds better on PS3.

Jack J Napier
19th May 2009, 22:30
Well, both versions will be identical. But the PS3 has a better controller and free DLC. That's why it's the better version.

If you're going to buy a next-gen console, make it the PS3. Its hardware is much more reliable, and the games are much better, in my opinion.

EDIT: Like Croc said, with the 360 you have to buy a bunch of add-ons that the PS3 comes with. Add-ons like a rechargeable controller pack ($20), wi-fi ($99), etc. The PS3 also comes with a Blu-ray player... Instead of buying a 360 Elite with a 120GB HDD, you can get a PS3 with a 16-GB HDD and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

The PS3 does not come with a HDMI cable it comes with the basic wires a controller and the system. It also has to a hell of a long update time. You have to download every game, which all take time. The controller button layout is all preference. and The PS3 does not and i repeate does not give free DLC, unless it is something stupid like clothing for sack boy ahah or a background that has no interaction.

KillerCroc
19th May 2009, 23:30
360 player. So what if it takes a longer update time? It's worth it, and free DLC is better than none, and many games have free DLC to go with it. You don't have to download every game. Only few, so don't go running off your mouth unless you know what you are talking about.

Angel_
20th May 2009, 00:11
Because I have one.

Drazar
20th May 2009, 04:59
Looks like we'll be getting the Fallout 3 DLC now! Thats one argument that we can't use.

Saleswise you can, its the same if Joker ends up in Xbox. If a person has to choose on release to either get PS3/PC he will lean to PS3 and thus Sony gains money, same goes for Xbox360/PS3/PC Owners who will lean to PS3. GTA4/Fallout3 still will have a upperhand on marketing wise since it comes to those 1st, why would a PS3 owner wait so long when he can get it for PC? Well ofcourse the person might not be a PC gamer but you get the idea. :p

The Comedian
20th May 2009, 05:22
PS3 80GB can't play PS2 games, dunno about the 40gb one.

It can you just haft to download the ps2 enabler on PSN

Jack J Napier
20th May 2009, 19:49
360 player. So what if it takes a longer update time? It's worth it, and free DLC is better than none, and many games have free DLC to go with it. You don't have to download every game. Only few, so don't go running off your mouth unless you know what you are talking about.

I own a PS3 thank you. The system debate is all about preference.

Velderik
20th May 2009, 23:35
The PS3 does not come with a HDMI cable it comes with the basic wires a controller and the system. It also has to a hell of a long update time. You have to download every game, which all take time. The controller button layout is all preference. and The PS3 does not and i repeate does not give free DLC, unless it is something stupid like clothing for sack boy ahah or a background that has no interaction.

1. Download times aren't that long, and it's a good technique, why? so you won't have long loadtimes ingame.
2. There are a lot of free DLC, okey maybe not new levels or something like that, but that's the same for the XBOX360.

PS3/PSPGamer7
21st May 2009, 00:21
Uh-huh... and some MPs look better on PS3. Mercenaries 2, for example.

Also Wolverine was better graphics wise aswell
On-topic. I'm pretty sure in that PSM3 Someone from Edios said PS3 could be the better version. Oh and btw, its harder to make a PS3 versoin from scratch, but its easier to port to the 360. And who said blu-ray doesn't do anything, or said something like "if a game can fit on a 360 disc, what does bluray have over it" or something like that. Well if you must know, they are having trouble with the size of BAA and are having a problem getting everything on 360. It will obviously all be there but you get what I'm saying

Abeja
21st May 2009, 01:48
The PS3 version should look the best. Its the better machine. Blu-ray allows for more on the disk.

Drazar
21st May 2009, 01:52
The PS3 version should look the best. Its the better machine. Blu-ray allows for more on the disk.

This is the keyword. Multiplatform games don't get extra additions on the PS3 and if the developers aren't pro with PC games. They usually make it an Xbox360 game and just port it on PS3.

Amputechture
21st May 2009, 01:56
Also Wolverine was better graphics wise aswell
On-topic. I'm pretty sure in that PSM3 Someone from Edios said PS3 could be the better version. Oh and btw, its harder to make a PS3 versoin from scratch, but its easier to port to the 360. And who said blu-ray doesn't do anything, or said something like "if a game can fit on a 360 disc, what does bluray have over it" or something like that. Well if you must know, they are having trouble with the size of BAA and are having a problem getting everything on 360. It will obviously all be there but you get what I'm saying

Where did you hear this? I highly doubt they are having trouble fitting this on the Disc...
The only game to push Blu-Ray was MGS4 and because of that has to load for about five minutes between chapters...

I have had both 360 and PS3 and games were faster to access on Xbox without the PS3 install.

Riddling Artist
21st May 2009, 04:25
okay... why does everybody assume that jokers going to be dlc. theres no statement about it and as far as i know its a playstation exclusive. apparently its not enough that the 360 got every single fallout 3 dlc they got to take away the ps3s one exclusive thing thats utterly awesome. (not trying to sound angry but its the truth)

CaptainMcMulla
21st May 2009, 06:52
Slightly off topic. I just downloaded the wolverine demo the other day and i played it. I have to say it was pretty good, also the controls were good square & triangle to punch. I think the batman controls will be better though as you can counter the moves with triangle. If Batman was to be on similar lines like the wolverine game i wont be disappointed.

Strife2k7
21st May 2009, 11:49
Where did you hear this? I highly doubt they are having trouble fitting this on the Disc...
The only game to push Blu-Ray was MGS4 and because of that has to load for about five minutes between chapters...

I have had both 360 and PS3 and games were faster to access on Xbox without the PS3 install.

Sefton Hill talks about the difficulty of fitting Batman: Arkham Asylum on an dvd for 360 in this article. Of course he mentions it was also a challenge fitting Urban Chaos on a DVD. But fitting a game onto a blu-ray? No, even MGS4 with all its cutscenes only topped about 33gb out of a 50gb disc.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=214519&site=psm

Near the bottom where they ask 'What's it like to develop for the PS3'.

If blu-ray allows for one thing in most multiplatform games it would be the lack of a need for compressing the game assets. No tricks or jumping through hoops to fit a high-definition game on that format. But yeah,

Amputechture
21st May 2009, 14:15
Sefton Hill talks about the difficulty of fitting Batman: Arkham Asylum on an dvd for 360 in this article. Of course he mentions it was also a challenge fitting Urban Chaos on a DVD

I think that says it all...I think this game will be great, but I honestly don't see it pushing that much space. The fact is that Rocksteady seems like a dedicated team but this is their FIRST 360/PS3 release.

It is interesting though and would love to see if it really is that massive that they couldn't fit it on a DVD. :thumb:

AdamWestsDarkBluePants
21st May 2009, 14:39
Being a person that owns both consoles and loves both consoles its down to what you prefer. Think il be getting it for the 360 as I prefer its contoller. I just feel it fits my hand better and the sticks feel better than the Dualshock3, though the 360s dpad is rubbish. And i have alot more friends on live and its always handy to chat to them while playing games, something that doesnt work so well on the PS3 at the moment.
Also for some odd reason I found the collectors edition for £55 on gamestation for the 360 while the PS3 was £60, though they have now changed both to £60, odd but according to my order im still gettin it for £55 (if anyone knows of better a deal then let me know). Also the joker add on will at somepoint will prob arrive on the 360, like most mulitplat games it will prob only be a timed exclusive.
But thats just me, it will awesome and look exactly the same on both consoles, so dont buy into the fanboy rubbish that alot folk are doing here.
The 360 is gettin a bit of slaggin here, but the PS3 isnt any better, they both a have pros and cons. As for games coming out on the 360, lets wait till E3 before everyone decides it has no games coming. The PS3 is a more sturdy console than the 360, I have had 1 rrod with my 360 since iv had it since launch, which aint bad but still, it shouldnt break down in the 1st place. The PS3 is great but im not a fan of alot games needin installs and the game and console updates take alot longer than the 360. Also I got the 40gb version but felt i needed to put a larger harddrive in it as it wouldnt take many games to fill it up. You wont need as large a harddrive for the 360 I would say but if you do its a pain as they charge silly money for harddrives for it. But anyway I could go on about pros and cons for both consoles but dont listen to the fanboys and buy what you want as they will both do a great job playing games, end of.

Strife2k7
21st May 2009, 14:53
I also own both consoles and enjoy both of them quite a bit. I don't think there will be a significant difference between the 3 versions of the game other than the PC version allowing for higher resolutions if you have a rig with enough power to handle it, and the PS3 version having the Joker challenge maps. I can't speak for everyone, but if I decided to get the game on 360 I wouldn't feel slighted by the lack of the Joker challenges. If the single player game holds up as well as I think it will, then the Joker maps are just a little bit of extra frosting on an already loaded cake.

AdamWestsDarkBluePants
21st May 2009, 15:01
I have a powerful pc gaming rig too, but this the sort of game I think id rather get for a console, to sit in a comfy sofa with a big tv and surround sound. But it is tempting for the pc also, as the graphics would be crisper. But after measuring it up in my head im going for the 360 version. I tend to that with multiplat games, as i enjoy chatting with my friends online as I play or joining them in a game of something. If the PS3 was better at this and if more of my friends had one I would consider getting more multiplat games for that at, but at the moment, unless a version is terrible compared to others (fallout3 on PS3 for example) I will prob swing to the 360. But thats just me and my circumstances, it will be just as awesome on the other rigs.

AdamWestsDarkBluePants
21st May 2009, 15:06
It can you just haft to download the ps2 enabler on PSN

Ok unless iv missed something, there is no such thing. But if im wrong, where exactly is it then?

Amputechture
21st May 2009, 15:19
You CANNOT play PS2 games one PS3 unless you have the original 60 or 80 GB Model.

Strife2k7
21st May 2009, 15:51
You CANNOT play PS2 games one PS3 unless you have the original 60 or 80 GB Model.

^^^^ This is correct. The original 20gb models also have hardware emulation, but only those 3 models can play PS2 games. All 60gb and 20gb systems will play them, and the discontinued 80gb systems with 4 usb ports will. The 80gb system with only 2 usb ports that is currently in producion will NOT play PS2 games, nor will the limited edition 160gb systems.

CaptainMcMulla
21st May 2009, 22:03
^^^^ This is correct. The original 20gb models also have hardware emulation, but only those 3 models can play PS2 games. All 60gb and 20gb systems will play them, and the discontinued 80gb systems with 4 usb ports will. The 80gb system with only 2 usb ports that is currently in producion will NOT play PS2 games, nor will the limited edition 160gb systems.

Its a shame that i have to switch on my nice & dusty PS2 when i want to play Batman Begins. Although there has been a rumour that in the near future there will be a update that you can play PS2 games on all PS3 models.

Strife2k7
21st May 2009, 22:20
Its a shame that i have to switch on my nice & dusty PS2 when i want to play Batman Begins. Although there has been a rumour that in the near future there will be a update that you can play PS2 games on all PS3 models.

I hope that's the case, but several months ago a Sony rep was visiting the local Gamestop in my area and when someone asked about whether backward compatibility was included in the PS3 they were thinking of buying she said that the company had statistics which showed only about 4% of all PS3 owners use backward compatibility and the company had no interest in including that feature on future hardware revisions or even future consoles.

Just a Sony sales rep talking, but she did sound pretty convinced and basically lost a PS3 sale because of what she said. I never understood why Sony didn't just release the software emulator for general use, but it may be that they don't want to support it with constant patches and title updates the way Microsoft did with the 360 in its early lifespan.

T3HDARKKNIGHT
21st May 2009, 22:22

If this hasn't been posted..the answer is yes and no. It depends on which model of PS3 you have/Want. The models have a 20GB 40GB 60GB 120GB Drives. See chart below. I have a 60GB model which does not use emulation software to run older games. Its actual hardware integrated within. I can play every one of my Ps2 and Ps1 games without fail and its nice that it buffers the graphics for folks that have an HDTV set like me. I also installed a 120 GB HDD in it.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8790/84291133.jpg

CaptainMcMulla
21st May 2009, 22:23
Haha, Wikipedia the place for reliable information.

Strife2k7
21st May 2009, 22:25
At least that chart is pieced together from information from Sony themselves :)

T3HDARKKNIGHT
21st May 2009, 22:27
Wikipedia the place for reliable information.

This information is correct.

CaptainMcMulla
21st May 2009, 22:31

Well most of wikipedia isnt reliable.

Kai Rei
21st May 2009, 22:31

Thank's man. Is the 120GB PS3 the one that read's PS1/2 disc's? And DVD'S/CD'S?

Thank's again. :)

Strife2k7
21st May 2009, 22:53
Thank's man. Is the 120GB PS3 the one that read's PS1/2 disc's? And DVD'S/CD'S?

Thank's again. :)

I recall something being said about a 120gb system that was released but I can't even find the information on Sony's site. If you can find the model number on the system that would help. I'm sure it's a variant of one of the systems listed on the chart.