PDA

View Full Version : What Is Eidos Montreal Doing To Screw This Up?

VicMackey
15th May 2009, 22:06
You've done an excellent job screwing up Deus Ex 3. Regenerating health, 3rd person kool-aid man gimmicks...really excellent stuff. But what are you doing to bring this innovative approach to screwing things up to the Thief franchise? I've heard rumors that you'll do a modern setting, or turn this into a 3rd person action game ala Metal Gear Solid. While I'm sure those are true, I just know that there are more creative ways for you to fail than that. Maybe you could give Garret a gun?

Yandros
15th May 2009, 22:10
And maybe you could learn to spell Garrett. http://forum.wearytaffer.com/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

Seriously, let's at least give them a chance to get it right before we rake them over the hot coals of our cynicism.

VicMackey
15th May 2009, 22:12
I'm sure "Garret" will prove to be the correct spelling. The original name just has too many letters, and needs to be streamlined for a modern audience. The original name was good, but the industry has grown up since then.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th May 2009, 22:15
You've done an excellent job screwing up Deus Ex 3. Regenerating health, 3rd person kool-aid man gimmicks...really excellent stuff. But what are you doing to bring this innovative approach to screwing things up to the Thief franchise? I've heard rumors that you'll do a modern setting, or turn this into a 3rd person action game ala Metal Gear Solid. While I'm sure those are true, I just know that there are more creative ways for you to fail than that. Maybe you could give Garret a gun?

Deus Ex 3 hasn't been released yet and details of how health-regen will work in the game has not been fully revealed. If you wish to discuss DX3, however, please post in the relevant forum as there is no sensible reason to make comparisons with Thief 4.

FYI, the modern setting is just what you say - a rumour, or rather an origiinal intention of Ion Storm's. Nothing to do with Eidos Montreal.

Closed.