PDA

View Full Version : Calling London-based Bat fans

Pages : [1] 2

Keir
15th May 2009, 14:11
Live in or near London? Fancy getting your hands on the combat demo?

The purpose of this thread is to gauge the level of potential interest in a community day. Nothing is confirmed but the idea is we'd hire out a location in London and you can get your hands on the combat demo of the game and some snazzy sales people would also present the rest of the game to you. It'd be in some cool surroundings and you'd maybe get a slice of pizza while you're beating the crap out of the Joker's henchmen.

If this took place somewhere in London on a Saturday in June, how many people from this forum would be interested in attending?

Interested-in-attending-list.....
Me!
Darkwing_Duck
Chimaera
HeartlessSystem
Batman-tdk
JD_Method
Holiday
DarkKnightDanny
artyfin (and his crew)
luke344
Zombie-Gamer and pal
the-joker-16
ArkVale
monkeyspoon
Dark Cape
Vic G
Richie_P
Vaad
sniper_al
kazv1

Interested-in-attending-but-can't-make-it-because-don't-live-near-London-so-want-to-complain-list......

angleslam99
GR1NG0_SU4V3

Ensanguined Walls
15th May 2009, 14:14
I wish I could, but I'm American. I'd love to book a flight to London sometime, especially since this is turning out to be THE Batman game.

door noob
15th May 2009, 14:15
I'm deffinitly traveling to London for this awsome event.

Keir
15th May 2009, 14:16
I wish I could, but I'm American. I'd love to book a flight to London sometime, especially since this is turning out to be THE Batman game.

Too bad. If you do come over before B:AA is out let me know. Have you had a chance to play the demo in a shop over there yet?

Ensanguined Walls
15th May 2009, 14:17
Too bad. If you do come over before B:AA is out let me know. Have you had a chance to play the demo in a shop over there yet?

Indeed, and it's an incredible demo. This will be a great game for Eidos and Rocksteady.

Keir
15th May 2009, 14:17
I'm deffinitly traveling to London for this awsome event.

Nothing is confirmed yet - this is just a provisional thread to gauge interest. Do you mind if I ask roughly where abouts you're based?

Darkwing_Duck
15th May 2009, 14:20
Oh hell yeah.
I'm definitely interested. My only issue would be getting time off work, and getting down there. Which shouldn't be too hard really.

Drazar
15th May 2009, 14:22
Why is Uk getting this but not the rest of us?????? CURSE YOU KEIR AND EIDOS COMMUNITY!!!!!!! :P :rasp:

Keir
15th May 2009, 14:28
Oh hell yeah.
I'm definitely interested. My only issue would be getting time off work, and getting down there. Which shouldn't be too hard really.

Awesome. It'd be on a Saturday to make it easier for people.

Why is Uk getting this but not the rest of us?????? CURSE YOU KEIR AND EIDOS COMMUNITY!!!!!!! :P :rasp:

I'll ask the other EU territories if they're thinking of organising anything similar to this.

Silent Knight
15th May 2009, 14:29
They're getting it because they don't have a demo in the U.K. for the whole age thing and we have one. I haven't played the demo yet since when I went to my gamestop to play on the PS3, some idiot was playing the basketball game on it and was losing severely.

Drazar
15th May 2009, 14:33
I'll ask the other EU territories if they're thinking of organising anything similar to this.

I don't know if Eidos could have any good spot to market it, ofcourse theres Sweden, German and Norway for their gaming events, such as he huge lan parties, while some company goes there to promote computer games. Isn't there that German thing every summer? Leipzig gaming convention or something? :O

Man of Steel
15th May 2009, 14:33
Can I be on the Interested-in-attending-but-can't-make-it-because-don't-live-near-London-so-want-to-complain list...... since I live in the US?

Bob Kane
15th May 2009, 14:38
Very well :D
I go immediately to reserve the ticket plane for London !!! :)

Chimaera
15th May 2009, 14:38
I live in the West Midlands, I'd seriously consider going.

Silent Knight
15th May 2009, 14:40
I can't wait to see VXR's post... :lol:

Eresys
15th May 2009, 14:42
Wait, wait. You can get a demo, to bring home or something? Or is this just the kiosk demo? What makes it worth a plane ride?

Ensanguined Walls
15th May 2009, 14:42
If I didn't have exams coming up, I'd seriously consider flying over to London for a good time.

Drazar
15th May 2009, 14:45
Wait, wait. You can get a demo, to bring home or something? Or is this just the kiosk demo? What makes it worth a plane ride?

Just a local event where you play the game and eat pizza and be with the fellow forum members of this place.

Pwz41
15th May 2009, 14:45
I think I should be more appreciative of the fact that we have the Demo here, my heart goes out to you folks that haven't had the privilege yet.

Ensanguined Walls
15th May 2009, 14:47

I don't think many in the UK have a demo, and it's a get-together with some some of the people here.

DarkCrusader67
15th May 2009, 14:55
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad2::mad2::mad2:

i guess just add me to the interested-in-attending-but-can't-make-it-because-don't-live-near-London-so-want-to-complain-list......

BATMAN WAS AMERICAN FIRST!!!!!

HeartlessSystem
15th May 2009, 14:57
would we need 2 sign a form or pay or anything? im thinking i could browse London, have a go on demo, get a doctor to bring me back to life after I faint with its awsomness, then go home. also, do we hav 2 be there all day, and will there be multiple stations 2 play it?

Darkwing_Duck
15th May 2009, 14:57
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad2::mad2::mad2:

i guess just add me to the interested-in-attending-but-can't-make-it-because-don't-live-near-London-so-want-to-complain-list......

BATMAN WAS AMERICAN FIRST!!!!!

You have the demo already. We don't.

I'm pretty much in man love with Keir for doing this for us UK fans.

Drazar
15th May 2009, 15:04

Exactly, i can't believe some people are honestly complaining about this. :S Especially when they are American.

Eresys
15th May 2009, 15:14

I agree. We should be more appreciative. Why complain when the only difference is Keir and pizza?

Dark Knight Detective
15th May 2009, 15:15
Wow thats great, but could you bring up to Glasgow as well?

Ensanguined Walls
15th May 2009, 15:15
I agree. We should be more appreciative. Why complain when the only difference is Keir and pizza?

'Cause Keir and pizza are awesome. Playing the demo with some fans. :)

Silent Knight
15th May 2009, 15:16
And Batman fans. Not too many of my friends have as much of an affinity for Batman like I do, so I just go to play the demo by myself.. :(

Batman-tdk
15th May 2009, 15:17
Yep Keir I would definitely come :) I live in Reading and can get the train :), hope you do it, would be fantastic. Would any of the games designers be there if you did one? Ooooh how about a signing of the games sleeve from designers or even Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill?

Eresys
15th May 2009, 15:18
Same here, SK. But it's not my choice, so anyone going over there, have fun, and bring me a slice!

Man of Steel
15th May 2009, 15:19
Yep Keir I would definitely come :) I live in Reading and can get the train :), hope you do it, would be fantastic. Would any of the games designers be there if you did one? Ooooh how about a signing of the games sleeve from designers or even Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill?

Lets grab a hold of reality and take it for a walk shall we

Darkwing_Duck
15th May 2009, 15:22
Lets grab a hold of reality and take it for a walk shall we

Congratulations sir, you just won an internet.

door noob
15th May 2009, 15:49
Nothing is confirmed yet - this is just a provisional thread to gauge interest. Do you mind if I ask roughly where abouts you're based?

Well if the event will be comfirmed then I shall attend it, oh and I am situated in Poland, for now.

Ensanguined Walls
15th May 2009, 15:53
If this event is confirmed, I'll inform some British friends near London. They're waiting for this game, too.

JD_Method
15th May 2009, 16:11
Oh, I'd love to attend. Please put me on the interest list Keir. :thumb:

Abeja
15th May 2009, 16:28
Very cool idea. If i was in America, i would attend. Guess im gonna have to find somewhere to play the demo.

Holiday
15th May 2009, 16:29
Ok, so i have been lurking on this board since about October '08 (i silently suffered Invisible Predator01 with you guys >.>)

i was reluctant to join the board, since people on this board can be complete idiots...

BUT, i would absolutley love to attend an event like this, i would even pay to come, i just want to see this game being played first hand (and if i can get a chance at the demo, then great!).

Hope you guys can get something like this up and running, i speak for the whole gaming community when i say "Fantastic work on this, GOTY for Batman!"

DarkKnightDanny
15th May 2009, 16:36
ok, il go.

i live in the east midlands but id need to know what date/time/cost to get in this event,if any. pretty much in another 7 days time for work reasons.
oh and get mark hamil to go
hehe

JD_Method
15th May 2009, 17:03
If i was in America, i would attend.

It's not in America :confused:

artyfin
15th May 2009, 17:06
I don't live anywhere near London, but I'd definitely come down for the day to try it out. I also have some contacts that would come with me so yeah, depending on the day, I would come.

CaptainMcMulla
15th May 2009, 17:08
Add me to the complain list, i live out of London. I would come but iv got A level exams in June.

Keir
15th May 2009, 17:10
Wow thats great, but could you bring up to Glasgow as well?

There are no plans to roll it out nationwide, I hate to be all London-focused on this :(

Awesome. Not sure who would be in attendance. There's a chance some Rocksteady folk will be there :)

If this event is confirmed, I'll inform some British friends near London. They're waiting for this game, too.

Yeah, more the merrier :)

i was reluctant to join the board, since people on this board can be complete idiots...

All the more reason to join up and put them in the minority, welcome :thumbsup:

BUT, i would absolutley love to attend an event like this, i would even pay to come,

Awesome.

No cost or forms to fill in (all though you'll need to be over 16).

JD_Method
15th May 2009, 17:19
You still need to put me on the interested-in-attending list Keir ;)

EDIT: I see you have now. Thanks.

artyfin
15th May 2009, 17:23
I don't live anywhere near London, but I'd definitely come down for the day to try it out. I also have some contacts that would come with me so yeah, depending on the day, I would come.

Keir, do I not exist or something :(

Keir
15th May 2009, 17:25
Keir, do I not exist or something :(

Sorry old bean, updating as I go and doing about 1,000,001 other things at the same time.

Ensanguined Walls
15th May 2009, 17:26
Sorry old bean, updating as I go and doing about 1,000,001 other things at the same time.

Were you able to contact mycoldman?

artyfin
15th May 2009, 17:27

No problemo, I shouldn't be so self centred.

Abeja
15th May 2009, 17:29
It's not in America :confused:

Sorry, meant if "I wasnt in America"

Keir
15th May 2009, 17:31
Were you able to contact mycoldman?

I was! And........ GOOD NEWS! He got the questions. He didn't ask all of them, but he asked as many as you can in 20 minutes. He said Paul Dini is a seriously awesome guy as well. The quality of the podcast is really poor, but you can hear what's said so we'll see.

The plan is podcast two to go out next week, and then we'll follow it up with podcast three (your questions to Paul Dini) the following week :thumbsup:

Ensanguined Walls
15th May 2009, 17:33
I was! And........ GOOD NEWS! He got the questions. He didn't ask all of them, but he asked as many as you can in 20 minutes. He said Paul Dini is a seriously awesome guy as well. The quality of the podcast is really poor, but you can hear what's said so we'll see.

The plan is podcast two to go out next week, and then we'll follow it up with podcast three (your questions to Paul Dini) the following week :thumbsup:

Thanks! Can't wait to hear from Paul Dini.

umibozu
15th May 2009, 17:35
i'm french it's very very hard for me ( juste a coter je suis )

door noob
15th May 2009, 17:35
No cost or forms to fill in (all though you'll need to be over 16).

Well than you can cross me off the list:( Unfortunatly I am a yeat to young to attend.

Keir
15th May 2009, 17:36
Thanks! Can't wait to hear from Paul Dini.

I'll put a picture in the other thread, hold on.

Well than you can cross me off the list:( Unfortunatly I am a yeat to young to attend.

OK mate, sorry about that :(

Ensanguined Walls
15th May 2009, 17:39
That picture with Dini was awesome, Keir. I can't believe at least one of my questions was answered by Dini.

Staying up was worthwhile.

Ensanguined Walls
15th May 2009, 17:42
I'll put a picture in the other thread, hold on.

OK mate, sorry about that :(

If a decent amount of people come (I think you'll get a nice turnout), you should take a community picture for the forums here. It would be a nice memory.

Ensanguined Walls
15th May 2009, 17:43
Double post.

CaptainMcMulla
15th May 2009, 17:45
Keir do you know any specific date & where exactly in London. Maybe then i will be interested.

Lunar
15th May 2009, 17:48

The plan is podcast two to go out next week, and then we'll follow it up with podcast three (your questions to Paul Dini) the following week :thumbsup:Sweet this will be awesome, so will you like make a thread so Paul Dine can answer all questions?

Ensanguined Walls
15th May 2009, 17:51
We already submitted the questions earlier. Dini will answer them in an upcoming podcast. Me and Stooby asked the questions, as Keir was running out of time to get into contact with mycoldman/Dini.

Lunar
15th May 2009, 17:53
Well than you can cross me off the list:( Unfortunatly I am a yeat to young to attend.You can come they won't know how old you are as Keir said "No cost or forms to fill in (all though you'll need to be over 16)."

artyfin
15th May 2009, 17:54
Keir do you know any specific date & where exactly in London. Maybe then i will be interested.

This is what it mainly balances on for me. A rough estimation would be a great help.

luke344
15th May 2009, 17:57
I would be up for it I live in Nottingham so it's only a train away

Ensanguined Walls
15th May 2009, 17:59
You can come they won't know how old you are as Keir said "No cost or forms to fill in (all though you'll need to be over 16)."

You'll need some ID, probably. I think it's a reasonable age policy, it's the law.

Keir
15th May 2009, 18:02
If a decent amount of people come (I think you'll get a nice turnout), you should take a community picture for the forums here. It would be a nice memory.

Yeah for sure :) Lots of pictures.

As I say this is just a provisional thread to get an indication of who's genuinely interested. I think the lads in marketing will be putting something on and I want to make sure that you're all invited.

Sweet this will be awesome, so will you like make a thread so Paul Dine can answer all questions?

Fail. You missed that chance I'm afraid.

You can come they won't know how old you are as Keir said "No cost or forms to fill in (all though you'll need to be over 16)."

If you look young then you won't be able to play.

I would be up for it I live in Nottingham so it's only a train away

Awesome. I'll add you to the list.

Lunar
15th May 2009, 18:04
You'll need some ID, probably. I think it's a reasonable age policy, it's the law.
Ohh yea esanguined on the other thread thats close about asking dini questions why didn't you ask whens the estimation date of the realease arkham asylum and why did it get pushed back?

artyfin
15th May 2009, 18:05
Actually getting rather excited about this. That's if I CAN get down there.

So glad I'm 17 and I've got my provisional to prove it :)

Zombie-Gamer
15th May 2009, 18:07
I'll come if i can get a train from Liverpool, can I bring a friend, would be sooo awesome.

Keir
15th May 2009, 18:09
I'll come if i can get a train from Liverpool, can I bring a friend, would be sooo awesome.

Bring as many people as you like :)

Eidos has an amazing game on its hands here so the idea of the day is to let as many people as possible get their hands on the code and beat the crap out of some of the Joker's henchmen :D

artyfin
15th May 2009, 18:09
Just a question, how old are well all that are interesting in attending? I mean, I'm 17, but I'm not exactly the tallest 17 year old, and I wouldn't want it to look dodgy if I was stood around with a load of adults :P

Ensanguined Walls
15th May 2009, 18:10
Ohh yea esanguined on the other thread thats close about asking dini questions why didn't you ask whens the estimation date of the realease arkham asylum and why did it get released?

Dini is the script writer, not an Eidos official.

Lunar
15th May 2009, 18:11
Dini is the script writer, not an Eidos official.0h.

Darkwing_Duck
15th May 2009, 18:12
That's one good point. For friends to come, should we have you add them to the list to show what numbers we'd really be looking at, or should we just get them to sign up to the forums?

CaptainMcMulla
15th May 2009, 18:15
As I say this is just a provisional thread to get an indication of who's genuinely interested. I think the lads in marketing will be putting something on and I want to make sure that you're all invited.

In that case put me down in the interested attending list

Zombie-Gamer
15th May 2009, 18:25
Just a question, how old are well all that are interesting in attending? I mean, I'm 17, but I'm not exactly the tallest 17 year old, and I wouldn't want it to look dodgy if I was stood around with a load of adults :P

Its cool, I'm 19 and I'm tiny I got asked for ID the other day trying to buy a 15 certificate DVD......was not happy

artyfin
15th May 2009, 18:29
Its cool, I'm 19 and I'm tiny I got asked for ID the other day trying to buy a 15 certificate DVD......was not happy

Yeah, it does my head in. I'm about 5ft7'' and I don't even LOOK that young, it's just my height.

CaptainMcMulla
15th May 2009, 18:32

I was 16 then & Listen to this. I went Asda a year ago to get PES2008 for my PS2 and they asked for ID. :eek:

VXR
15th May 2009, 18:43
Keir, please check your in box....

thank you, i have an offer for the usa, to you.
a quite serious one as well.

angleslam99
15th May 2009, 18:46
Put me on the complain list, I dont live in London or anywhere close by

DarkCrusander84
15th May 2009, 18:58
any thing on the demo for xbox 360 and ps3 yet ?

Zombie-Gamer
15th May 2009, 19:01
Yeah, it does my head in. I'm about 5ft7'' and I don't even LOOK that young, it's just my height.

lol Ithink we're the same size.

artyfin
15th May 2009, 19:02
lol Ithink we're the same size.

I'll have to find you if we both end up going to this :)

Ensanguined Walls
15th May 2009, 19:04
There's no place like London! :)

Great to see a lot of interest.

artyfin
15th May 2009, 19:06
There's no place like London! :)

Great to see a lot of interest.

Are you something to do with the game? I don't mean this in a *****y way, I'm just genuinely curious.

Zombie-Gamer
15th May 2009, 19:14
I'll have to find you if we both end up going to this :)

Cool, It'll be hard since we're both small lol

Ensanguined Walls
15th May 2009, 19:19
Are you something to do with the game? I don't mean this in a *****y way, I'm just genuinely curious.

No. Just a user who likes to see success. :)

JD_Method
15th May 2009, 19:28
Just a question, how old are well all that are interesting in attending?

I'm 16. Only JUST able to get in. Ha ha.

the-joker-16
15th May 2009, 19:38
Live in or near London? Fancy getting your hands on the combat demo?

The purpose of this thread is to gauge the level of potential interest in a community day. Nothing is confirmed but the idea is we'd hire out a location in London and you can get your hands on the combat demo of the game and some snazzy sales people would also present the rest of the game to you. It'd be in some cool surroundings and you'd maybe get a slice of pizza while you're beating the crap out of the Joker's henchmen.

If this took place somewhere in London on a Saturday in June, how many people from this forum would be interested in attending?

Interested-in-attending-list.....
Me!
Darkwing_Duck
Chimaera
HeartlessSystem
Batman-tdk
JD_Method
Holiday
DarkKnightDanny
artyfin (and his crew)
luke344

Interested-in-attending-but-can't-make-it-because-don't-live-near-London-so-want-to-complain-list......
i live in london and am very interested in this give me details and i'll be ther.

stoobytoons
15th May 2009, 19:42
Man, I wish I could be there. Unfortunately, I'm USA based and on the West Coast. Maybe Eidos should offer me a job then I'll have a good reason to explain to my girlfriend why I would be flying halfway around the world. Hahah!

artyfin
15th May 2009, 19:54
Man, I wish I could be there. Unfortunately, I'm USA based and on the West Coast. Maybe Eidos should offer me a job then I'll have a good reason to explain to my girlfriend why I would be flying halfway around the world. Hahah!

Haha, for once, we get the good stuff! :P

Zombie-Gamer
15th May 2009, 20:09
Well I'd definatly come if its on a saturday, any idea about where it will be held?

DarkKnightDanny
15th May 2009, 20:14
cool,the guy who lives in nottingham... i live there too,train down there maybe?

and to the guys who are 5"7. try being 5"3....... hehe tiny and proud.

ArkVale
15th May 2009, 20:15
I live in the west midlands, i'm 21, and i'll be getting the train to London to attend this awesome event! Add me to the attending list, Keir my good man.

stoobytoons
15th May 2009, 20:39
Haha, for once, we get the good stuff! :P

Well, at least we don't have socialized medicine.... yet. :hmm:

DarkKnightDanny
15th May 2009, 20:42
this should be a cool event,il defo be going if its sorted out.

Ensanguined Walls
15th May 2009, 20:57
Well, at least we don't have socialized medicine.... yet. :hmm:

Technically, our economy is a mix of capitalism and state-level socialism.

monkeyspoon
15th May 2009, 22:11
Hey I really want to go if it's still going ahead.

SammiiDoogles
15th May 2009, 22:14
I wanna go :(
Come to Cardiff...
Although i might be in Germany at the time, if thats the case
Go to Germany :D

artyfin
15th May 2009, 22:17
I hope I can go to this. It would be such a wicked weekend.

Dark Cape
15th May 2009, 23:36
I live just outside London, i would definatly go to this. You can add me to the attending list.

Kraken890
15th May 2009, 23:44
Hold up! You're telling me people aren't already sleeping outside of Rocksteady studios?

artyfin
16th May 2009, 10:24
Just had an email from the people I would be staying with and they'd be all up for going. It just depends where the event would take place. Where about in London is Rocksteady? I know that that doesn't mean it will take place there, but it's likely that the event wouldn't be too far away from it.

JD_Method
16th May 2009, 10:39
Rocksteady is based in Kentish Town.

HeartlessSystem
16th May 2009, 12:40
you can cross me off as well Keir...
Freaking age rating system :mad2::mad2::mad2:

JD_Method
16th May 2009, 22:37
This can't come soon enough. I've been getting so bored lately.

Red1837
17th May 2009, 00:26
Here, d'you no want to bring your game to Glasgae?

We're gettin' a new Tesco Express doon ma bit.

Darkwing_Duck
17th May 2009, 09:26
Keeping this thread alive. I'm really looking forward to this.

Vic G
17th May 2009, 09:51
I would defintely be up for this! I live in Slough, so it'll be a (relatively) quick trip on the train and tube. As long as it doesn't fall on a day I'm scheduled to work! :)

artyfin
17th May 2009, 10:40
Yeah, lets not let this thread die because I'm looking forward to this. End of June rather than the beginning would be awesome because all my exams will be over and it will be time to chill. Will be great to play the game and talk to some Rocksteady people. And eat Pizza. Pizza's always good.

Ensanguined Walls
17th May 2009, 11:06
Yup, I informed a few friends near London. They need details whenever possible.

Richie_P
17th May 2009, 11:41
I'm a short train ride from London (I commute there every day for work), and would definitely be up for coming along, checking this out, and spreading the good word.

Mike_B
17th May 2009, 12:39
Too bad it's in June, still busy studying then.

EliteF50
17th May 2009, 14:50
I wish I could come, but I'm in Canada.

Have fun, though. :)

Vaad
17th May 2009, 19:48
I will come...

Will i be able to take a copy of the demo home ?

Keir
18th May 2009, 12:36
Good to see the continued interest. More the merrier, so if you feel like you can make it to London and you want to get your hands on B:AA early post here or drop me a PM to express your interest.

I spoke to Jamie from Rocksteady and he said they'll try and get some goodies lined up too (signed posters and stuff) :thumbsup:

That's one good point. For friends to come, should we have you add them to the list to show what numbers we'd really be looking at, or should we just get them to sign up to the forums?

If you want to bring a few mates that's cool :)

I will come...

Will i be able to take a copy of the demo home ?

Awesome.

Newp, it's just to play at the venue.

Drazar
18th May 2009, 12:38
Signed up posters? My envy meters went sky high. ^^;

Keir
18th May 2009, 12:41
Signed up posters? My envy meters went sky high. ^^;

If I get the aforementioned goodness I'll see if I can run some comps on here for everyone too, don't worry :)

Darkwing_Duck
18th May 2009, 12:54
I'm so excited I could squeal.

Is it going to be like several kiosks set up in an area or something like that? Or aren't you too sure yourself at this stage?

Jables_Kage
18th May 2009, 12:59
about time the uk gets an exclusive, makes a change to the americans.

Zombie-Gamer
18th May 2009, 14:42
if i get the aforementioned goodness i'll see if i can run some comps on here for everyone too, don't worry :)

you rock!!!!! Definatly gonna come now, sign me up!

JD_Method
18th May 2009, 15:01
Goodies?! :eek:

Woop woop!

Ensanguined Walls
18th May 2009, 15:16
Sounds like fun. We'll have to know the date whenever you're ready.

artyfin
18th May 2009, 15:41
Goodies?!

Keir, I actually love you. I am so determined to come to this event now. Anymore news on where it might be held? Also, if you know, how exactly will this venue be laid out?

sniper_al
18th May 2009, 16:13
I am definatly up for this even even if i am working i may be able to stop in as i work on the trains and i normally have a break up in london so count me in!

CaptainMcMulla
18th May 2009, 16:34
See guys you just need to be patient and you get rewarded. Most people have got over the delay and moved on thats why Keir is trying to reward us now and im sure there is more to come.

artyfin
18th May 2009, 17:25
See guys you just need to be patient and you get rewarded. Most people have got over the delay and moved on thats why Keir is trying to reward us now and im sure there is more to come.

Completely agree. I just wish people wouldn't call us 'ass kissers' just because we understand the situation.

Zombie-Gamer
18th May 2009, 19:17
Quick question, who's gonna dress up...... come on you know you want to lol

The Joker 1
18th May 2009, 19:22
Completely agree. I just wish people wouldn't call us 'ass kissers' just because we understand the situation.

Eeeeeeeeeeuuuuuh!!! Who is calling us that?

SammiiDoogles
18th May 2009, 19:37
Quick question, who's gonna dress up...... come on you know you want to lol

I Know someone who will... ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

If anyone does, put some pics up :)
So we can all see your beautiful costumes :)

The Joker 1
18th May 2009, 19:39
I Know someone who will... ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

If anyone does, put some pics up :)
So we can all see your beautiful costumes :)

what costumes are you talking about?

SammiiDoogles
18th May 2009, 19:53
what costumes are you talking about?

Zombie-Gamer asked who is gunna dress up, so i said put pics up of the costumes so we can all see.
Costumes because theyre not everday clothes, unless you go round dressed as batman or the joker or whatever lol

The Joker 1
18th May 2009, 19:59
I dressed up as The Joker. And went to the mall with my family on Halloween last year

SammiiDoogles
18th May 2009, 20:14
I dressed up as The Joker. And went to the mall with my family on Halloween last year

Yeah but thats for an occassion, you dont go to work like it do you

artyfin
18th May 2009, 20:27
I wont be dressing up. I just don't dress up. I don't even do Halloween anymore.

Darkwing_Duck
18th May 2009, 20:48
I did pay out £150 for a full blown Dark Knight Joker and never used it. That sucked.

Won't be dressing up in it though...

Zombie-Gamer
18th May 2009, 21:01
I won't be dressing up either just wanted to know it anyone else was.

DarkKnightDanny
18th May 2009, 22:29
oh no.dressing up is so wrong, makes me feel uncomfortable when i see it. please just wear normal clothes:)

Zombie-Gamer
18th May 2009, 22:35
oh no.dressing up is so wrong, makes me feel uncomfortable when i see it. please just wear normal clothes:)

lol I really doubt anyone will anyway tho i woundn't mind seeing a few Harley Quinn runnin' around.

DarkKnightDanny
18th May 2009, 22:50
they probably will.
but just the guys hehe

Ensanguined Walls
22nd May 2009, 08:45
How is the planning going, Keir?

(By the way, check out my theory thread if you would like, heh. I think we're on to something.)

kazv1
22nd May 2009, 08:53
I live in the North West of England but I will definitely be there........I'm soo excited about this game!!

Keir
22nd May 2009, 10:39
How is the planning going, Keir?

(By the way, check out my theory thread if you would like, heh. I think we're on to something.)

Planning is forging on. I'll do some chasing up (and hopefully updating here) early next week - but it looks like things are moving forward nicely :)

I live in the North West of England but I will definitely be there........I'm soo excited about this game!!

That's awesome man :thumb:

AdamWestsDarkBluePants
22nd May 2009, 14:37
Well no danger I can make it as I live in Scotland, as much as im looking forward to this game Im not traveling all the way down for a just a demo. Can they not just put the demo on xbox live or PSN instead, would save money on setting all that up and please alot more people.

artyfin
22nd May 2009, 20:42

Heh, exactly the same part of the country I live in :P

Darkwing_Duck
22nd May 2009, 21:04
Well until the official plans are up, let's just talk about what part we're coming in from.

East Anglia here. Suffolk.

Zombie-Gamer
23rd May 2009, 00:25
Heh, exactly the same part of the country I live in :P

Me Too! :D

GR1NG0_SU4V3
23rd May 2009, 21:28
throw me up on that "Interested-in-attending-but-can't-make-it-because-don't-live-near-London-so-want-to-complain-list......"
:p

artyfin
25th May 2009, 09:46
Ahh, this is going to make me sound impatient, but do we have any idea when this is going to be? I need to book it off work.

Zombie-Gamer
25th May 2009, 13:53
Ahh, this is going to make me sound impatient, but do we have any idea when this is going to be? I need to book it off work.

A few posts up Keir said that he'd be finding out soon, so we might find out this week or next.

Keir
26th May 2009, 11:34

Here's the current state of play...

Procedural hurdles dictate that for the event to happen we have to submit a proposal detailing exactly what will be happening on the day right down to which pair of jeans we'll all be wearing. This document is then passed between scores of people in grey suits who share a tepid sense of humour and fondness for administration. Once we have confirmation (could be a week, could be more) I'll have a date and I'll start getting definite numbers from you guys. It's looking like it'll be one weekend late June/early July.

I'll keep you posted :thumb:

DarkKnightDanny
26th May 2009, 11:41

Procedure dictates that for the event to happen we have to submit a proposal detailing exactly what will be happening on the day right down to which pair of jeans we'll all be wearing. This document is then passed between scores of people in grey suits who share a tepid sense of humour and fondness for administration. Once we have confirmation (could be a week, could be more) I'll have a date and I'll start getting definite numbers from you guys. It's looking like it'll be one weekend late June/early July.

cheers mate. im actually glad it might be july

Zombie-Gamer
26th May 2009, 12:50
Thanks for the info

Ensanguined Walls
26th May 2009, 22:36

Procedural hurdles dictate that for the event to happen we have to submit a proposal detailing exactly what will be happening on the day right down to which pair of jeans we'll all be wearing. This document is then passed between scores of people in grey suits who share a tepid sense of humour and fondness for administration. Once we have confirmation (could be a week, could be more) I'll have a date and I'll start getting definite numbers from you guys. It's looking like it'll be one weekend late June/early July.

Thanks, Keir!

artyfin
27th May 2009, 14:14

Aw cheers pal, this makes things a lot easier. I just didn't want to sound like some whiney impatient 17 year old, my boss at work just needs to no so I'm not put down to work! :P

Should be good though, and late June/early July is actually perfect.

BatNipples
27th May 2009, 14:45
could you maybe come up to Edinburgh to do it please??????

ill do stuff to you for free

Darkwing_Duck
27th May 2009, 16:45
could you maybe come up to Edinburgh to do it please??????

ill do stuff to you for free

Yeah, that'll get you it for sure...

artyfin
7th Jun 2009, 10:36
Wow, no posts for a bit. Still rather looking forward to this. I've warned my boss about it aswell, so now all I need to do is book train tickets.

JD_Method
7th Jun 2009, 11:14
Yeah, I'm hoping for some updates soon. I'm still looking forward to this.

But it is only the beginning of June so let's give it some time.

Zombie-Gamer
7th Jun 2009, 12:21
Wow, no posts for a bit. Still rather looking forward to this. I've warned my boss about it aswell, so now all I need to do is book train tickets.

I looked for train tickets the other day and it came up with like £130 one person there and back, I was like................... :eek:

artyfin
7th Jun 2009, 22:57
I looked for train tickets the other day and it came up with like £130 one person there and back, I was like................... :eek:

Where do you exactly live ZG?

Zombie-Gamer
7th Jun 2009, 23:07
[QUOTE=artyfin;1018197]Where do you exactly live ZG?[/QUOTE
I live on merseyside so I'd be getting the train from liverpool,

Keir
8th Jun 2009, 20:12

Train tickets can be sooo expensive. Perhaps we should charter a flight down from the north west or something :D Kidding.

I'll do some pestering in the morning and hopefully have some kind of an update tomorrow.

Darkwing_Duck
8th Jun 2009, 20:15
Cheers Keir.

CaptainMcMulla
8th Jun 2009, 20:31
Keir deserves a pint of Beer

Darkwing_Duck
8th Jun 2009, 20:39
All those over 18 should go out drinking afterwards!

CaptainMcMulla
8th Jun 2009, 20:48
All those over 18 should go out drinking afterwards!
Thats not me :lol:

Anyway theres always underage drinking :D

Darkwing_Duck
8th Jun 2009, 20:55
Thats not me :lol:

Anyway theres always underage drinking :D

It's London, I doubt they have too many morals about that. Also, since it is London at night, best pack a stabproof vest.

CaptainMcMulla
8th Jun 2009, 20:56
It's London, I doubt they have too many morals about that. Also, since it is London at night, best pack a stabproof vest.

Im going to come as the tin man if i come in London.

Zombie-Gamer
8th Jun 2009, 21:37
No theres no place like London....

Darkwing_Duck
8th Jun 2009, 21:39
There's a hole in the world like a great black pit,
and the vermin of the world inhabit it,
and its morals aren't worth what a pig could spit,
and it goes by the name of London.

At the top of the hole sit the privileged few,
Making mock of the vermin in the lower zoo,
turning beauty to filth and greed...

I too have sailed the world and seen its wonders,
for the cruelty of men is as wonderous as Peru,
but there's no place like London!

Zombie-Gamer
8th Jun 2009, 21:41
There's a hole in the world like a great black pit,
and the vermin of the world inhabit it,
and its morals aren't worth what a pig could spit,
and it goes by the name of London.

At the top of the hole sit the privileged few,
Making mock of the vermin in the lower zoo,
turning beauty to filth and greed...

I too have sailed the world and seen its wonders,
for the cruelty of men is as wonderous as Peru,
but there's no place like London!

I'm watchin' this on youtube now lol :D

Darkwing_Duck
8th Jun 2009, 21:47
Got it on DVD. God I love that film.

artyfin
8th Jun 2009, 23:00
Cheers Keir, it helps. I'll buy you a pint afterwards. Well, I'll get my cousin to >_>

This will really help me and Zombie-Scouser as we live so far away and travel is not practical.

PLEASE NOTE: I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST SCOUSERS OR LIVERPOOL IN GENERAL. ANY OFFENSE CAUSED BY THE ABOVE POST IS STRICTLY UNINTENTIONAL AND IF HAVE ANY PROBLEMS PLEASE PM ME WHY YOU HATE MY SENSE OF HUMOUR AND I SHOULD NEVER MAKE A JOKE AGAIN. NO LESS THAN 1000 WORDS PLEASE.

Zombie-Gamer
9th Jun 2009, 07:35
Cheers Keir, it helps. I'll buy you a pint afterwards. Well, I'll get my cousin to >_>

This will really help me and Zombie-Scouser as we live so far away and travel is not practical.

PLEASE NOTE: I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST SCOUSERS OR LIVERPOOL IN GENERAL. ANY OFFENSE CAUSED BY THE ABOVE POST IS STRICTLY UNINTENTIONAL AND IF HAVE ANY PROBLEMS PLEASE PM ME WHY YOU HATE MY SENSE OF HUMOUR AND I SHOULD NEVER MAKE A JOKE AGAIN. NO LESS THAN 1000 WORDS PLEASE.

How dare you..... na just messin' lol, I am not actually from Liverpool thats just where its easier to get the train from so its all cool :D

Keir
9th Jun 2009, 09:57
OK, we definitely have the green light for the event http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/w/w00t.gif

Details should start becoming clear now, I'll keep you posted.

Ensanguined Walls
9th Jun 2009, 09:58
OK, we definitely have the green light for the event http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/w/w00t.gif

Details should start becoming clear now, I'll keep you posted.

Great news!

Keir
9th Jun 2009, 09:59
It's looking like one of the first couple of weekends in July by the way. But nothing concrete yet.

Darkwing_Duck
9th Jun 2009, 10:00
Sweet.

CaptainMcMulla
9th Jun 2009, 12:41
It's looking like one of the first couple of weekends in July by the way. But nothing concrete yet.

I think we should make a song for Keir

Darkwing_Duck
9th Jun 2009, 13:06
Oh Keir you're so fine,
Oh Keir you blow my mind,
Hey Keir.

... I dunno.

Zombie-Gamer
9th Jun 2009, 15:04
Wooooo! can't wait gonna be sweeeeeeet! :D

artyfin
9th Jun 2009, 16:14
Looking good Keir. When will we know with regards to the event. Just because my boss wouldn't be too happy if I came to him the week before and went 'Oh yeah, sorry, I can't work next weekend.'

DarkKnightDanny
9th Jun 2009, 16:21

noooooooo i go on holiday then:(

oh well, just send a demo booth to my house mate.
deliver it next door because obviously il be away

JD_Method
9th Jun 2009, 16:43
So is it still just the combat demo that's gonna be at this thing? Or are we gonna have the E3 demo too? Or another type of demo? Which demo, Keir? :nut:

Keir
9th Jun 2009, 16:48
So is it still just the combat demo that's gonna be at this thing? Or are we gonna have the E3 demo too? Or another type of demo? Which demo, Keir? :nut:

Good question. Details to follow in the not too distant future but (just to reiterate) the general format will be:.... presentation of the game on the big screen and then some hands on gaming time on a few pods.

I'll confirm what you get to play soon(ish).

JD_Method
9th Jun 2009, 17:03
Sounds good. Thanks Keir. :thumb:

Zombie-Gamer
9th Jun 2009, 17:49
Cooooool

Vaad
9th Jun 2009, 18:16
Keir .. you giave me a damp patch on my trousers

Keir
9th Jun 2009, 18:21
Keir .. you giave me a damp patch on my trousers

:lol:

God.

Darkwing_Duck
9th Jun 2009, 23:32
Don't worry, he just jumped for joy and spilled his drink on himself...

artyfin
15th Jun 2009, 15:26
I'm starting to get desperate for a date or I might not be able to go... D:

Reecio
15th Jun 2009, 16:10
I'd definitely be up for that! :D

Keir
16th Jun 2009, 13:39
Today's update - venue hunting is taking place on Thursday meaning we should have more details next week.

Thanks for your patience and I'll be seeing you all soon(ish) :wave:

Reecio
16th Jun 2009, 13:54
Can we take a copy of the demo home? Traveling to London is quite expensive for me and I just want to constantly play it until the actual game comes out................ what? I developed OCD for this game ok?? Sue me :)

Keir
16th Jun 2009, 13:57
Can we take a copy of the demo home? Traveling to London is quite expensive for me and I just want to constantly play it until the actual game comes out................ what? I developed OCD for this game ok?? Sue me :)

That's highly unlikely I'm afraid. Once we've got the date we'll know more of the details.

Keep up the OCD! :D

Reecio
16th Jun 2009, 14:17
Awww damn it! Was worth a try!
*watches trailers again as tear rolls down his cheek*

CaptainMcMulla
16th Jun 2009, 14:46
thanks for the update

artyfin
16th Jun 2009, 15:10
Thanks for the update Keir. I'm just worried about travel costs.

CaptainMcMulla
16th Jun 2009, 15:11
Thanks for the update Keir. I'm just worried about travel costs.
dont forget the swine flu

Reecio
16th Jun 2009, 16:28
Thats just up north, as long as we dont let them come we should be ok ;)

Zombie-Gamer
16th Jun 2009, 16:47
Thats just up north, as long as we dont let them come we should be ok ;)

Well we are...... :D

Reecio
16th Jun 2009, 17:38
Nooooooooo! Bloody northern monkeys ;)

Zombie-Gamer
16th Jun 2009, 17:51
Nooooooooo! Bloody northern monkeys ;)

Your well gettin' coughed on for that! Hope ya like swine flu! :rasp:

Reecio
16th Jun 2009, 17:52
lol! :D
Just cos I quoted Lock, Stock? :(

Darkwing_Duck
19th Jun 2009, 00:25
Arise, Sir Topic.

Keir
19th Jun 2009, 10:27
OK! So a venue has been selected - a place near London Bridge.

It's looking more like the third weekend in July, that way you'll have more time to plan for travel and such.

I should... in fact I'll go all out and say I will have concrete details on this next week, and then we can all plan and look forward to it :)

JD_Method
19th Jun 2009, 10:38
Sweet.

I very much look forward to it.

CaptainMcMulla
19th Jun 2009, 11:50
How many bridges are there in London?

Keir
19th Jun 2009, 12:45
How many bridges are there in London?

That sounds like a pub quiz question :D

There's quite a few - this graphic just represents central London...

http://www.talkingcities.co.uk/london_images/london_bridges_r2_c1.gif

CaptainMcMulla
19th Jun 2009, 17:44
Thanks Keir. Im not sure ill be coming down any more. But i'll see

Richie_P
20th Jun 2009, 10:25
OK! So a venue has been selected - a place near London Bridge.

It's looking more like the third weekend in July, that way you'll have more time to plan for travel and such.

I should... in fact I'll go all out and say I will have concrete details on this next week, and then we can all plan and look forward to it :)

Excellent - I think there are a few trains that go directly from my local station to London Bridge, plus it's only a couple of stops by tube from Waterloo, where most of my trains go.

Will we be able to talk much about our experience with the game afterwards? Am fairly involved with the CrankyGamersUK.com community (even did guest hosting duties on one of their podcasts once), and would love to be able to report back and share my impressions.

artyfin
20th Jun 2009, 23:52
Excellent Keir, I'll wait until we have solid, concrete, definitive date and then I will book my train tickets and I shall be coming :D

Zombie-Gamer
20th Jun 2009, 23:56
Awesome, Can't wait for this, but I'm gonna need a job since I spent or my money on Batman comics and a Harley Quinn action figure :D

Ensanguined Walls
21st Jun 2009, 04:03
Can't wait for the details to be finalized, Keir. At long last - a community gathering!

CaptainMcMulla
21st Jun 2009, 07:45
the captain wont be coming to the community day any more. Ive got a hectic summer schedule as it is and im disappointed. Im going to be hungrier for the game when it is released.

artyfin
21st Jun 2009, 08:54
This is actually good because I'll have money :D

Nightwing
23rd Jun 2009, 01:21
Why the 3rd weekend in July? If it was on the 25th or 26th I'd have been around London. (Road trip :p)

Keir
23rd Jun 2009, 14:43
Guess what. We've got a concrete date!

Saturday 18th July
Midday
A top secret location in central London

The day will consist of a 45 minute demo of B:AA on the BIG screen. Hands on time for you guys with around 20 pods.... meet me and a couple of faces from Rocksteady....
......and then THE ULTIMATE COMBAT CHALLENGE http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/m/mwahaha.gif

I'll update this thread when I'm back from my travels next week and we can start dishing out formal invites.

Darkwing_Duck
23rd Jun 2009, 14:54
Excellent. Thanks Keir.

Zombie-Gamer
23rd Jun 2009, 15:26
YAY! thanks Keir your rock!

Nightwing
23rd Jun 2009, 16:21
No fair, I'm a week late :(

artyfin
23rd Jun 2009, 16:43
Keir, that's awesome. I'm going to get everything sorted for this.

Nightwing09
23rd Jun 2009, 17:13
hi keir and everyone,
newbie here :), i live near the gatwick area and would like to attend the event!
thanks

artyfin
23rd Jun 2009, 18:18
Ahh, so you have to be invited? Interesting...

Keir
23rd Jun 2009, 18:46
hi keir and everyone,
newbie here :), i live near the gatwick area and would like to attend the event!
thanks

Awesome! Watch this space for details.

Ahh, so you have to be invited? Interesting...

Well I just want to gauge numbers first, that's all :)

JawsFanJesse
23rd Jun 2009, 18:48
Keir :wave:

DarkKnightDanny
23rd Jun 2009, 18:49
i go camping on the 17th of july...noooo kier dont do it!

ah well cant please us all.
i feel like a bounder for saying i was defo up for it in the first place lol

artyfin
23rd Jun 2009, 18:56
I'm definitely going to try and go. Will be ringing some people tonight about a place to stay. That's if I'm invited of course.

artyfin
23rd Jun 2009, 20:45
Excuse for the double post, but I just wanted to confirm that I will be attending this event, as will my cousin and his girlfriend, if that's alright.

WillXW
24th Jun 2009, 00:10
I'm not doing anything that day and I would very much interested in attending this event. I live in Wimbledon, so I could quite easily make it.

Richie_P
24th Jun 2009, 07:38
Excellent news - am free as a bird on the 18th! :-)

Thanks to you, Keir (and of course everyone else involved) for all of the hard work involved in putting something like this together.

Out of interest (and this may not be something that you can answer yet) will the demo pods be 360, PS3, or a mix? And will we be sworn to secrecy about any of it, or is it more of a "go forth and spread the good word" situation?

CaptainMcMulla
24th Jun 2009, 10:22
im still in the middle whether i should come or not

Darkwing_Duck
24th Jun 2009, 13:00
You should come. It'll be worth it, you know it.

artyfin
24th Jun 2009, 18:46
The weekend that this is on is going to be an absolutely mega weekend for me.

Vaad
28th Jun 2009, 14:17
I should be there. Will prob bring a friend as well.

Zombie-Gamer
28th Jun 2009, 15:03
I might not be going any more :(

redbullgivesuwind
28th Jun 2009, 16:42
can i come to would love to go pls???????????????????????????????????

redbullgivesuwind
28th Jun 2009, 16:43
well that seemed desperate lol

batman4747
28th Jun 2009, 17:26
i can go just give me a date and a time i live in london.

Vaad
28th Jun 2009, 20:22
i can go just give me a date and a time i live in london.

18th of july midday

TheManWhoLaughs
28th Jun 2009, 21:35
18th July? I'll see if I can pull some strings...either London for this (although I'd maybe feel weirded out cause of my age) or New York for general holiday...

Darkwing_Duck
28th Jun 2009, 21:44
18th July? I'll see if I can pull some strings...either London for this (although I'd maybe feel weirded out cause of my age) or New York for general holiday...

How old are you?
I'm just thinking in the event of being too young. Too old is never a problem. Hell, too old doesn't exist.

artyfin
29th Jun 2009, 12:51
Train tickets booked and time off work booked. I give everyone permission to lol at me if I'm not invited.

Darkwing_Duck
29th Jun 2009, 13:28
Train tickets booked and time off work booked. I give everyone permission to lol at me if I'm not invited.

I got the time off work too. It works on invites now? Hm.

Vaad
29th Jun 2009, 18:32
I got the day off as well. I am all set. Just waiting on Kier to dish out the invites now when he gets back.

artyfin
30th Jun 2009, 16:12
Keir's back today so I'm sure we'll have some sort of update by at least tomorrow.

Dark Knight Detective
30th Jun 2009, 19:00
Screw the London date, just put it up on the PSN, or this option? Again screw London, bring it to Glasgow

CaptainMcMulla
30th Jun 2009, 19:18
Screw the London date, just put it up on the PSN, or this option? Again screw London, bring it to Glasgow
:lol:

I was going to go but ive decided to pull out. So i will be eagerly anticipating for the demo to hit PSN as well. I will have to wait an extra month for it after the community day and i am willing to wait for it considering i have waited this long.

Zombie-Gamer
30th Jun 2009, 19:22
Yeah it doesn't look like i'm gonna be able to make its as well, I still wanna go but I havn't got the £70 for train tickets

SuperAdam79
1st Jul 2009, 01:53
At times I loathe living in America. Like now. Man I really wish I could go. It's not like they have anything near the detroit suburbs anyway. Detroit is a crap hole. Hey when you guys go though try to get us some answers!! Playable villains, a solid demo release date, stuff like that!!!

artyfin
1st Jul 2009, 08:17
Can I just ask if there will be any Americans coming to this event? It would be good to meet with some of you! Also, ZG I'm getting the train from Manchester, I booked them online and tickets only cost me £33 :hmm: