PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Eidos Montreal :)

1N54N3
15th May 2009, 10:17
I just wanted to throw my kudos out there to Eidos for not letting this great series die. I hope EM will do a fine job on this and give Eidos a reason to keep allowing more to be made in the future. I hate to sound like a raging fanboy, but this really is some of the best news to come out of the gaming industry in some time. Take your time EM, do it right, and just listen to the fan feedback :)

DanielOcean
15th May 2009, 10:27
Absolutely agree. Thank you, Eidos. This was the best news in the last 3 months!

Of course, you have your own thoughts of what Thief 4 is going to be, but at least listen to the fans. We know it is impossible to satisfy all wishes and all thoughts, but we are the people who will buy this game, never forget that! :D

And PLEASE! produce Hybrid-CDs. There are Linux and Mac OS users, who love this game and don't want to emulate it on windows. This can't be so difficult. ;)

cobak
15th May 2009, 11:00
I just wanted to throw my kudos out there to Eidos for not letting this great series die. I hope EM will do a fine job on this and give Eidos a reason to keep allowing more to be made in the future. I hate to sound like a raging fanboy, but this really is some of the best news to come out of the gaming industry in some time. Take your time EM, do it right, and just listen to the fan feedback :)

:thumb: thank you both to Eidos and Eidos Montreal!

kin
15th May 2009, 11:03
Keep the "thank you so much 4idos" for the end. You never know how it is going to be.

Necros
15th May 2009, 11:43
At least the series isn't dead, we can throw curses at them later, if they mess up. ;)

So, thanks for not forgetting about this legend! :flowers: :) Now get back to work and give us a worthy sequel! :D

Tatyana's Flowers
15th May 2009, 11:53
Thief made my life more worth living.Don't kill me...

Direlord
15th May 2009, 18:16
I agree in thanking them for bringing back a much beloved series of games and a style of play we rarely see. On the other hand if things go south when the game is released that would be bad.

Now all I need is someone to bring back the Dungeon keeper series.

Hypevosa
15th May 2009, 18:24
Thanks Eidos, just please don't beat a dead horse when Garrett's time comes...

Lady_Of_The_Vine
16th May 2009, 11:11
Thief made my life more worth living.

The same. :)

Thank you for bringing renewed life to Thief, Eidos Montreal. :flowers:

DoomyDoomyDoomDoom
16th May 2009, 13:01
I agree, I'm thankful that somebody is giving it another chance. I thought the Dark Mod was going to be it for us. Hearing about a new Deus Ex and Thief game gave me hope. I honestly have grown weary of gaming with one disappointment after another. Assuming they don't screw up, these two games could very well be the best games to come out in years and continue to be for years to come. Failure to please the original fans would be disastrous.

Imagine if Deus Ex 3 and Thief 4 bring back good, non-dumbed down, non-casual gaming and actually become really successful. We would start seeing more games that don't suck. heh yeah that's extremely optimistic.

I've recently been disappointed by Red Alert 3 (I loved the other Red Alert games) and Diablo 3 looks awful (i've wanted another diablo for so long!). It's disheartening to see franchises I loved make pitiful comebacks. Sim City Societies, me and other Sim City fans were pissed. Really I think that list could go on so I'll just stop. ah what the hell, off the top of my head, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Call of Duty 2-4-W@W, Far Cry 2, Rainbow Six Vegas, all that I can think of right now. Point is those games used to be good, then these came along and ruined them.

I've yet to see a console game ported to the pc that was actually good. So I really hope they give us a dedicated pc game.

holy crap, I think every disappointment I listed was actually released on a console. Coincidence?

Lozza86-UK
16th May 2009, 13:41
I suppose as the games industry gets bigger and bigger there are going to be more things we start seeing less and less of. Well for the time being at least. The games industry is still very young compared to other media and is in a bit of a transitional period. Big movie directors and producers are getting involved and developers are under increasing pressure from publishers to make the next big thing. Games are big business now. Games are alot more expensive to make these days and if the developers don't make enough money from their games, they go under. I think as the industry matures we'll start seeing more room for experimentation and developers making games that don't try to appeal to everyone.

The Dark Project, Thief II, Thief DS (I liked it) and Deus Ex are some of my favourite games ever and its great to see they are returning. I just hope the developers have enough freedom creatively and finacially to make Thief IV and Deus Ex 3 the games we all want them to be.

So yeah, thanks EM for reviving these fantastic franchises. Keep us fans in mind though please :wave:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
17th May 2009, 14:03
So yeah, thanks EM for reviving these fantastic franchises. Keep us fans in mind though please :wave:

Yes, I think Eidos Montreal are amazing for taking on these projects.
The best of luck to them. :thumb:

SudisBetter
17th May 2009, 16:16
thank you eidos.finally you heard the huge number of thief fan's voices.ı want a bigger city first of all, garret should be improved by means of skill and tools.and ofcourse storyline is very important and the atmosphere like deadly shadows.good luck dont let us down.

huzi73
17th May 2009, 19:19
Good luck,however,in order for thief to appeal to the masses,the "hardcore" elements have to be able to be toggled on off in the options menu(no kills,ghosts,loot requirement,lack of action/combat etc)im not here to burst any bubbles,(this applies to both the fans and EM too...)but in order for this game to succeed,the game has to appeal to both the mass market as well as NOT ***** off hardcore fans.Otherwise,The game may be financially successfull (think,Doom 3,Deus Ex 2..)but piss off purists and orthodox fans.Alternatively,the game may stay true to its roots,please hardcore fans,and end up being a financial disaster(I cant recall a game which has done this before).(i dont mean to paint such a bleak picture,but lets be realistic..)alternatively,the game may strike a unique balance,semi- please fanatics and purists,appeal to the mass market and be a financial success..(you may not agree,but FarCry 2,Oblivion,Newer C&C games, & believe it or not,even Thief Deadly Shadows are stellar examples of.)The Good news,is that there have been games,which stick to the origional concept,years later,and still please fans and are financially phenominal.(Diablo 2,and the upcoming Starcraft 2,as well as the newer Tomb Raider games are examples that come to mind)and since this game will use the latest Tomb Raider engine,I HAVE REALLY HIGH HOPES!!!Please dont dissappoint us EM!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
19th May 2009, 13:09
I've made this thread a temporary sticky because I think it is important that Eidos Montreal know how much we really LOVE this game... and how much we love EM for breathing new life into the series.

Thank you, thank you, thank you... :worship: :flowers:

Jamesy
19th May 2009, 15:19
A very big thank you for bringing back two of my favorite series. Time will tell, when it comes to how successful these games are but we have one thought to give us hope/console us:

Deus Ex 3 and Thief IV being EM's first projects means that they will do their best to make them work. It would look bad on them otherwise!

So thank you again, and good luck!

Slickleg
19th May 2009, 15:47
Seriously, Thanks guys.

Nate
19th May 2009, 20:09
Thank you so very much! I've been a HUGE Thief fan since the first game, and am so excited for Thi4f.

WVI
19th May 2009, 20:13
Yes, thank you! I was very excited to learn there'd be another, more next-gen entry.

Don't keep that 4 in there, though. >_>;

Yaphy
19th May 2009, 21:01
Thanx Eidos! I hope we get som more information soon (dont rush it though). :D

Petike the Taffer
19th May 2009, 21:55
I believe in your skills and talent, people of Eidos Monty ! :)

BrokenArts
19th May 2009, 22:18
I'll thank them when the game is out, and we all just love it, and its GOOD. Then thanks and praise all around.:p;)

1N54N3
20th May 2009, 06:39
I've made this thread a temporary sticky because I think it is important that Eidos Montreal know how much we really LOVE this game... and how much we love EM for breathing new life into the series.

Thank you, thank you, thank you... :worship: :flowers:

I don't see why it has to be temporary. I think it has to be nice, amisdt all of the flaming 12 year old trolls, for a developer to be able to look in their forums and find people who respect and appreciate their work. Hopefully this will brighten their day :)

esme
20th May 2009, 12:45
Thank you, I've always wanted to visit Montreal ... mainly for the comedy festival, but now I have another reason

EMCEE
20th May 2009, 18:29
+1 :)

René
20th May 2009, 20:45
Hehe, thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Vladimyre
20th May 2009, 21:49
Most developers wouldn't have even announced this project until they were way on in development.

I think it's a huge credit to EM, that they announced it so soon. Giving the community more imput into the process. I've got a lot more faith in EM because of that.

I believe that the team behind this really truly is passionate about this project and I can't wait to see what they have in store for us in the finished product 2-3 years down the line.

It'll be nice to see the developers vision when it's released.

V

Psychomorph
20th May 2009, 21:55
Thank you guys. I have been waiting for this announcement for years and today (sadly only today) I unintentionally stumled over it, I was happy.

You guys also develope Deus Ex 3, which is also one of my most favourite franchises (actually game... *cough*).

Now, if someone decides to produce a third "I.G.I." game... I'll kiss the world.

Stath MIA
21st May 2009, 00:09
A definite thank you to EM for deciding to make this game! Best news in, well, ever.

hellwalker
21st May 2009, 01:08
I'll have to agree,
I never thought to see another game in the series

thank ya devsies

Lady_Of_The_Vine
21st May 2009, 08:47
I don't see why it has to be temporary. I think it has to be nice, amisdt all of the flaming 12 year old trolls, for a developer to be able to look in their forums and find people who respect and appreciate their work. Hopefully this will brighten their day :)

I agree. Perhaps we can consider 'temporary' as being an unlimited amount of time. ;)
So, yes, please continue to drink and be merry, and express our appreciation to Eidos Montreal. :group_hug:

Fraz
22nd May 2009, 15:58
Thanks its the biggest news this year ...

Fiddlesticks
22nd May 2009, 16:23
Thanks for keeping Thief alive, it's one of the best stealth game series in gaming history.

And one more thing, it's too early to say it but i do it anyways: Take your time and do NOT release it too early! Carve the diamond until it's perfect.

Wazootyman
22nd May 2009, 19:15
Amidst all the negativity I see on these boards, I'm glad that this thread is taking the time to remind all you devs at EM that we really, truly do appreciate hard the work you're putting into this game, and if we seem harsh or demanding, it's only because we, just like you, want this game to be the absolute best it can be, adored by hardcore fans and new players and critics alike.

Us hardcore Thief fans are just very protective of our cherished series and afraid to be TOO hopeful lest we end up being disappointed.

That being said, we DO understand the incredible challenge you guys and girls are up against. We realize that the demands of series veterans are not the only factors you need to take into account (as much as we may wish that were not the case); you are a business after all, and you need to make a game that will sell, and ideally bring new fans into the fold without alienating the old ones. Not an easy task, but I believe you are up to the challenge.

So cheers to EM for reviving a franchise that is so precious to us all, and bravo to them for getting these boards up so early in the development cycle so they CAN hear all of our input, and work it into a game that will hopefully become an instant classic that we're all playing for years to come :)

Lozza86-UK
22nd May 2009, 21:15
Amidst all the negativity I see on these boards, I'm glad that this thread is taking the time to remind all you devs at EM that we really, truly do appreciate hard the work you're putting into this game, and if we seem harsh or demanding, it's only because we, just like you, want this game to be the absolute best it can be, adored by hardcore fans and new players and critics alike.

Us hardcore Thief fans are just very protective of our cherished series and afraid to be TOO hopeful lest we end up being disappointed.

That being said, we DO understand the incredible challenge you guys and girls are up against. We realize that the demands of series veterans are not the only factors you need to take into account (as much as we may wish that were not the case); you are a business after all, and you need to make a game that will sell, and ideally bring new fans into the fold without alienating the old ones. Not an easy task, but I believe you are up to the challenge.

So cheers to EM for reviving a franchise that is so precious to us all, and bravo to them for getting these boards up so early in the development cycle so they CAN hear all of our input, and work it into a game that will hopefully become an instant classic that we're all playing for years to come :)

Amen to that :)

WVI
22nd May 2009, 21:21
Well said, Wazootyman.

...That's possibly the oddest sentence I've ever formed.

I mean, with a name like that, you'd expect maybe "Great party, Wazootyman!" or "That Wazootyman's goin' crazy!".

Zephyr
22nd May 2009, 22:05
Thief series is definitely one of the greatest game series ever created! The confirmation of Thief 4 was really great news! Thank god someone finally took a grip of themselves and decided to make a sequel.
I really have to thank the EM team for this. Long live Thief!

1N54N3
22nd May 2009, 22:43
Well said, Wazootyman.

...That's possibly the oddest sentence I've ever formed.

I mean, with a name like that, you'd expect maybe "Great party, Wazootyman!" or "That Wazootyman's goin' crazy!".

Just be glad you don't know him like I do :P

dnoeyen
23rd May 2009, 08:20
I've only played the first two games in the series (many say the third was quite bad).
But I've liked thief 2 so much I even play it today.
So I'm happy I't didn't die after all.

Thanks

Thievingtaffer
23rd May 2009, 10:46
Good luck EM, we thank you for your efforts, and hope for the best!

kamuraki
23rd May 2009, 18:33
Thanks Eidos and Co. Thief has been a staple of gaming excellence, and I look forward to seeing the end results of this latest installment. I'm sure you learned from some of the shortcomings of Thief 3, (though to be honest I still enjoyed the 3rd game immensely) and will avoid them this go around. "The Thief series," as Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation so aptly said "is the only game series that has ever done stealth WELL". Oh and on that note, Devs, please go check out his review of the Thief series. It sums up most of our potential gripes and could prove useful. Thanks again!

1N54N3
23rd May 2009, 20:23
I've only played the first two games in the series (many say the third was quite bad).

It's not -that- bad. And today it's quite cheap (around $20). Go pick it up and play it, you'll like it :)

MGMGMR
24th May 2009, 00:16
thank you really so much thank you eidos from around the world i waited and waited and here you come at last to make all your fans very happy with keeping this VERY SO MUCH LOVELY GAME ALIVE THANK YOU AGAIN FOREVER .

Skua
24th May 2009, 08:29
Most developers wouldn't have even announced this project until they were way on in development.

Well, we have a special case here. Eidos still has to build a team, so they have much incentive to express confidence (in terms of both the project concept and the long-term viability of the studio.....it'll be tough, but Eidos Montreal needs a strong foundation that can compete with the best) and announce the project early. With some luck, a legendary series like Thief should attract some veterans from the development community.

Nevertheless, I think there are many positive side effects, such as fan input and (hopefully) early buzz from the press. I have my fingers crossed.

Smooogy
26th May 2009, 15:39
I second the motion! Thanks from all of us taffers out there! We really want this sequel

CookieMcCrumble
29th May 2009, 18:12
Agreed.

Thank you all for taking on this magnificent task. I hope as a community we can help you all take the game in a direction that will benefit everyone. I urge all fans of the series to look at this positively and support Eidos instead of coming along with a pessimistic approach. Speak constructively and you never know, some of your views might come across to them!

Good luck, Eidos Montreal!

piro
30th May 2009, 15:28
Thank you guys for resurrecting my favourite game series.
I wish you luck.

MasterTaffer
30th May 2009, 17:19
Some of the best games from the current and previous generations of video games have come out of Montreal. You guys picked a good base of operations and I expect great things from you all at Eidos Montreal.

Sierra Oscar
30th May 2009, 18:56
Always had a gut feeling Eidos would not let the series die.:)

mdesigning
1st Jun 2009, 00:34
My favorite game, ever!

Timvanzan
1st Jun 2009, 11:03
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH EIDOS MONTREAL

Garret for president!!!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Jun 2009, 20:11
This is such a thoughtful thread, so full of thiefy-goodness... it just makes everyone smile. :)

The Mental Age
3rd Jun 2009, 01:04
I always thought that if I had the power to recreate/bring back one game, it would be one of the Thief games - probably TMA, my fave. :p Then my friend mentioned Thief 4 to me a few days ago, and I was so happy! Call me a raving fangirl, but I hadn't been that happy since I saw the first trailer for Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. :gamer:

Eidos Montreal - Thank you.

Now just don't screw it up, please. >.<

Tozzifan
3rd Jun 2009, 18:44
:D:flowers::)

Shadow Blade
6th Jun 2009, 13:39
I cant believe theres gunna be another thief...Im so excited. Ive been hoping ever since i finnished TDS that there would be another one ive been a thief fan since as long as i can remember. infact TDP is one of the first games i was introduced to when i started gaming. So ive been following the series for quite a while. I thank all of you working at Eidos for reviving my favorite game series of all time. I put my confidence in ur entire team to make a great game. All the thief fans will be rooting for u guys and girls and will putting up ideas to help u guys out. In case u need some inspiration (",)

sickboy123
6th Jun 2009, 16:42
Thankyou Eidos Montreal

Knight
6th Jun 2009, 21:34
Thank you very much Eidos, i will buy the game, i hope it will be great, and listen to the fan feedbacks:)

My favorite game wont die!!!:)

agrash
6th Jun 2009, 21:36
vote +1 to what everyone else allready said :)

Moon Hoplite
8th Jun 2009, 12:39
Thank you! Hope it wont turn out like Thief DS (although it was still good, but not GREAT or EXCELLENT)

wimmy
10th Jun 2009, 14:02
Thanks for reviving this fantastic franchise, against all the odds. Good luck! :)

Aristofiles
10th Jun 2009, 21:08
yeah thanks for remembering these awsome games. Will i still thank you when i see what you do with it? i dont know but for now im thrilled

BG_HHaunt
11th Jun 2009, 09:12
I want to thank to EM too.I always knew they won't forget about us,the fans of thief series.

hande
11th Jun 2009, 10:37
thank u so much eidos yeaaaa :D

Septim
12th Jun 2009, 23:36
Awesome just found out about this I only played Thief 3 Deadly Shadows was the first game I really got into on PC and is still my fave game to date so glad they makeing a new game.Nice one Eidos:)

fayfuya
13th Jun 2009, 18:11
This game made me wear full black, it made me sneak, it made me sitting in a dark room, when i was a kid it stopped me from being afraid of the dark (when i was 8), this game made me Garrett....it's not just a game, i think of it most of time...
I have no words to say how thankful i am, i own you my life, if Thief 4 will be a good game as the previous thief games and i'm sure it will, i would worship you!
but if you mess up....
Usually i download the games *edited out* from the internet, but because it's Thief, i will go and buy it from the store, giving you more support!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
13th Jun 2009, 21:09
Hope there are no objections, but I've unpinned this thread now.
We can certainly create a new one when T4 has been released. :)

zombie32
14th Jun 2009, 05:19
Yes, thank you Eidos!! So many of us have waited so long for this game. Thank you.

Inbred Pageboy
18th Jun 2009, 12:18
Great games all 3 so thanks to EM for taking it on! Not an easy project to do IMO.

Hope they can recapture the immersion and all that. Good luck and use the 24 months (or as long as you need) to develop a top game that the series demands.

1N54N3
27th Jun 2009, 17:26
Keep the love coming people! :D

Mumbojumbo
5th Aug 2009, 12:04
I really just discovered Thief 4 has beeing announced - I am overwhelmed with joy. I came here for Deus Ex 3, but reading this is even better!

Yay people what where your first feeling when hearing about it! plz share your emotions!

stephen

>>>:D:flowers::D<<<

Think
5th Aug 2009, 21:43
I have not immersed myself in a game for a very long time but this is definitley wonderful news.

Merci from Bolton, Ontario!!!:):)

Kold
7th Aug 2009, 01:03

JA! Indeed, I was saying to my friends before the press release that there would be a Thief 4 that I was dying for another thief game, that it was better than splinter cell and assassins creed.. IMO.

Quad
7th Aug 2009, 15:22
There's magic at EM. I'm 100% sure that the men and women who form the team of EM, are even more eager to make a Thief-game that will set the standard again, than most of us hardcore players can actually imagine. There's some strange energy emitting from the letters "EM", I can't describe it. I think it's the adrenaline that flows :) ! I thank the team for the upcoming effords. With a lot of love and desire to make it, the months will rush by and let's hope a lot of the taffers all over the world will fall on their knees and with tears in their eyes say one thing : "YES, thank you so much Eidos Montreal ! This ... is ... it !! The dream is alive ! "

I'm not a fanboy of anyone, especially not celibrities and I won't do for favouritism, but.... euhm.... I'll consider sending traditionally made Belgian Pralines to the genius Level Designers. Each of them. If they are on par with T2.. Sure, mark my words. It's here for everyone to read.

Secondary
1st Sep 2009, 01:21
thank you so much!

thank you even if it comes out bad (hey, id rather be crippled than dead any day!:D)

muteki13
31st Oct 2009, 22:17
Someone should throw some respect to the developers for working to give us a new Thief game, so here it is:

Creating Thief 4 is probably the most thankless task ever. Fanged internet trolls are waiting for any speck of news about the game so that they can rip it to pieces and complain about how blasphemous it is. Just look at the whining they did over the freaking logo.

But don't despair over the noise. The loudest antagonists don't actually represent the entire Thief community; just the ones who do nothing except start fights in online forums all day.
Others may be too busy to waste time in forums, but we still appreciate the games...and the irony that the people who whine constantly that the games should be exactly alike, have absolutely nothing in common with games or the protagonist they cling to.

Vae
1st Nov 2009, 01:18
:thumb:...Well said as usual jtr7.

This is just an attempt to mischaracterize and smear those that actually care about the core design principals of THIEF, which constitute the integrity of the game series. Most of who he/she is referring to have the utmost respect and concern for the game and its developer...that is why they/we are so passionate about it.

Pieter888
2nd Nov 2009, 10:41
:worship:*gives appreciation*:naughty:

Dethenkal
8th Dec 2009, 12:05
This isn't some suggestion thread strongly suggesting things for thief 4, the mere fact that I can steal your coin purse then shoot you in the face with an arrow is good enough. Keep those 2 things and I'll be happy.

I literally JUST read about theif 4 being announced, I must live under a damn rock.:mad2:

Don't develop too fast, thus bugs will eat us all. Don't develop too slow, or perhaps you may need a bunker for the coming riots.

Just do the best you can guys, kick this franchises ass, or rather, steal everything and leave none alive. NO WITNESSES!

Looking forward to it and successfully wasting you're time one pointless thread after another!

-Chris aka Deth

bambini
8th Dec 2009, 12:33
I literally JUST read about theif 4 being announced, I must live under a damn rock.:mad2:

Don't worry yourself about it too much. The game is still very much in the early stages, and EM have not really announced much other than the fact that its working title is Thi4f (which we all hate) and that fans "will not be disappointed". AFAIK they've only just finished putting the team together.

Welcome to the forums, anyhoo! Feel free to browse through. There are a couple of great stickies that will be a good place to get a summary of the topics we've talked about. It's mostly just innane chatter and speculation from excited Thief fans with too much time on their hands, but we're a friendly bunch.

Namdrol
8th Dec 2009, 13:44
...but we're mostly a friendly bunch.

^
Edit

:rolleyes:

bambini
8th Dec 2009, 14:33
Hmm, in light of the recent unpleasantness with a certain Legion420, you may have a point. On the whole though, we're honest thieves :)

Telex
8th Dec 2009, 14:52
On the whole though, we're honest thieves :)

Agreed :rasp:

And don't feel bad about just hearing about the game, it's not like you missed anything! As esme said, we've basically got the name (which we aren't too keen on), and an announcement that we won't be dissapointed.

oO_ShadowFox_Oo
8th Dec 2009, 14:56
Hmm, in light of the recent unpleasantness with a certain Legion420, you may have a point. On the whole though, we're honest thieves :)

Never trust someone who says their honest or who says "trust me"

esme
8th Dec 2009, 16:36
...or gives advice about other trusting people who tell you to trust them ;)

.....or gives advice about giving advice about other trusting people who tell you to trust them ;)

.......or gives advice about giving advice about other trusting people who give advice about trusting other people who tell you to trust them ;)

.........or gives aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH*esmes head explodes*

Dethenkal
8th Dec 2009, 21:59
Trust me I know all about being honest.

Honestly looks like you guys could use some pointers on trusting eh?

Trust me.

muzboz
10th Dec 2009, 03:47
Here here!

Thank you very much to Eidos Montreal, and all involved, for continuing the Thief awesomeness.

It is just amazing how great this forum is. You can really see immediately that the people here are serious mature gamers, who have been touched by this amazing series of games.

The Thief series is my modern day King's Quest. One of those few games that I hold up, and say "That's why computer games are magical."

- Murray :)

Nephthys
10th Dec 2009, 05:43
...or gives advice about other trusting people who tell you to trust them ;)

.....or gives advice about giving advice about other trusting people who tell you to trust them ;)

.......or gives advice about giving advice about other trusting people who give advice about trusting other people who tell you to trust them ;)

.........or gives aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH*esmes head explodes*
off topic. Congrats on your 1,000th post!

dj_joe_g
19th Dec 2009, 21:41
im at a point wer i cant get off these forums until about 4 - 5 in the morning lol just to see if theres any new info or anything like that. the thing is ive been an hardcore fan of the splinter cell series since the day it was born but the new one (splinter cell conviction) just looks like an absolute let downnnnnnn im so frustrated with ubisoft for trying to evolve the new game into another generic action game that has no replay ability. why couldnt they just keep it as a stealth action game! so for next year im goin to boycott splinter cell completely and im able to do that because i know thi4f will be just around the corner. so big up all the people working on this new thief and big up for sticking to your roots with the stealth gameplay so far with the series youve done a great job!

Jerion
19th Dec 2009, 21:57
Well you've got a long wait ahead of you, so save some of that hype for later!

dj_joe_g
19th Dec 2009, 22:14
im tryin lol ive also managed to divert loadsa people from the splinter cell forums to the thief forums lol its a madhouse on there site just full of rebelling fans screaming at ubi for taking out the stealth gameplay so i thought they'd appreciate thief alot more haha

Namdrol
19th Dec 2009, 22:46
dj joe,
I reckon we are looking at 2 years from now till any thing's happening.
You know there are lots and lots of fan missions and campaigns for Thief with many as good as the original.

dj_joe_g
19th Dec 2009, 23:06
lol sorry if im being too overexcited

Namdrol
19th Dec 2009, 23:14
Don't worry
;)

Loup
20th Dec 2009, 10:30
I know the state, I'm not in it because the last 4 hours have drained me of all energy, but I'll enter it again as soon as I get some food. :D

Pieter888
20th Dec 2009, 22:43
i visit this forum like the game could come out thiz week, while i already know irs going to be at least two more years... i wonder if at some point i will grow tired of this forum. till now, this is the forum that i have been most active on than any other one, its my love for thief i guess.
i believe that em had two choises. either put up the forum early in the production or late. if they did chose the second one people would relatively speaking not have to wait so long, but their influence on the game irself would have been minimal. so i'm happy EM chose to put up the forum early, it might feel like ages untill the game comes out but at least we had our chanse to change the game for the good!

Namdrol
20th Dec 2009, 23:22
I post here, TTLG, an fm beta testing site, also I lurk at the TDM forum and that's it. (Well, apart from my Open University home page and tutor group but that's college.)
All Thief. I may be insular but so? I'd rather concentrate on one thing than spread myself.
I want news or something, otherwise this forum will wither and die before long and I really don't want that. Initially, when I first came here, I really didn't like it and kept away, then I posted out of what I saw as necessity, to counter some real nonsense being spewed.
Now? There's a nice crowd here and a nice vibe.

dj_joe_g
21st Dec 2009, 00:07
I post here, TTLG, an fm beta testing site, also I lurk at the TDM forum and that's it. (Well, apart from my Open University home page and tutor group but that's college.)
All Thief. I may be insular but so? I'd rather concentrate on one thing than spread myself.
I want news or something, otherwise this forum will wither and die before long and I really don't want that. Initially, when I first came here, I really didn't like it and kept away, then I posted out of what I saw as necessity, to counter some real nonsense being spewed.
Now? There's a nice crowd here and a nice vibe.

unlike me then i post on here, northwest drum & bass, drum & bass arena, splinter cell conviction, tribal wars and imageline music forum. pretty spread out man what are you studyin at uni?

Namdrol
21st Dec 2009, 00:20
Part time Computer Science degree.
Were they your tunes on your Myspace? They were dam good.
Have you thought of fan missions for Thief?
There are some crackers out there

dj_joe_g
21st Dec 2009, 00:46
Part time Computer Science degree.
Were they your tunes on your Myspace? They were dam good.
Have you thought of fan missions for Thief?
There are some crackers out there

if you was on www.myspace.com/joegproductionz then yeah they where mine. and ive looked at the fan missions but not played any yet i havent got round to it playing fallout 3 at the minute

massimilianogoi
21st Dec 2009, 07:10
im at a point wer i cant get off these forums until about 4 - 5 in the morning lol just to see if theres any new info or anything like that. the thing is ive been an hardcore fan of the splinter cell series since the day it was born but the new one (splinter cell conviction) just looks like an absolute let downnnnnnn im so frustrated with ubisoft for trying to evolve the new game into another generic action game that has no replay ability. why couldnt they just keep it as a stealth action game! so for next year im goin to boycott splinter cell completely and im able to do that because i know thi4f will be just around the corner. so big up all the people working on this new thief and big up for sticking to your roots with the stealth gameplay so far with the series youve done a great job!

LOL! You are a very fanatic, then! :lol:

Well, welcome to the ristrict circle! heheh (that comprehends myself too)

Pieter888
21st Dec 2009, 08:58
unlike me then i post on here, northwest drum & bass, drum & bass arena, splinter cell conviction, tribal wars and imageline music forum. pretty spread out man what are you studyin at uni?

Did I just spot another Drum 'n Bass fan?:cool:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
21st Dec 2009, 10:05
Another one here too. :wave:

Pieter888
21st Dec 2009, 16:03
:O back here in holland it's rare!
Most people don't even know the genre.

dj_joe_g
21st Dec 2009, 17:53
lol yeah man check my myspace im a producer and dj www.myspace.com/joegproductionz drum n bass is big over here in the uk man also holland aint too bad if you look around plus you have innovation events over there too ive been a few times big bassline business trust me.

nirvana1
12th Oct 2010, 16:17
i realy love this game,deadly shadows was awesome i hope next thief is better, and third person and first person both view together is good like deadly shadows is not good always in first person view ;)