PDA

View Full Version : Gamescom 2012 (Square Enix Edition)

ZachiroEnigma0
30th Jul 2012, 15:13
www.ff-versusxiii.net/index.php?page=art... (http://www.ff-versusxiii.net/index.php?page=article&article=Square-Enixs-Gamescom-Line-up-revealed--1477)

looks like theyre gonna be at Gamercom this month ^^

sadly no FF versus on their list....but hey that just means that theyre bound to show it at the anniversary or TGS =D

any other comments?? i love to hear them ^^

Grimoire
30th Jul 2012, 16:09
More on this: eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/gamescom-2012... (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/gamescom-2012-line)

Asuha
30th Jul 2012, 16:42
I don't know why anyone would expect Final Fantasy Versus XIII there when the focus is FFXIV.

ZachiroEnigma0
30th Jul 2012, 17:36
I don't know why anyone would expect Final Fantasy Versus XIII there when the focus is FFXIV.

well i cant play XIV cuz i dont have money to spend every month to keep playing...tis why i dont play xi....whish i could but icant..so my hopes are soley for versus..but since versus isnt gonna be there im just looing at the other games theyre gonna have there

member_10628951
30th Jul 2012, 22:41
@Fire
I don't expect it there. I fully expect SE to focus on XIV 2.0 at Gamescom and some of the anniversary. At best they will tease Versus XIII at the Anniversary and a full blown revel at TGS.

ZachiroEnigma0
31st Jul 2012, 16:14
@Fire I don't expect it there. I fully expect SE to focus on XIV 2.0 at Gamescom and some of the anniversary. At best they will tease Versus XIII at the Anniversary and a full blown revel at TGS.

true

i predict a comercial in Japan by November then a american comercian and world wide in december, then release date sometime in late december early january

ZachiroEnigma0
1st Aug 2012, 15:02
what sorry ass titles

you shall be ignored....

anywaay

SE at gamerscom....is this unusual???

ZachiroEnigma0
1st Aug 2012, 16:18
you know whats being ignored these days? square

yeah your being ignored again.,,

back to the topic...is XIV for ps3 gonna be subscription or jsut play for free?

stealth
1st Aug 2012, 16:21
Ignore the truth if you must but keep your dellusions to yourself

of course XIV will have subs, every one of the mmo's that matter do in some respect

Asuha
1st Aug 2012, 16:47
Yeah, you'll need a subscription to play FFXIV on either PC or PS3.

ZachiroEnigma0
1st Aug 2012, 16:57

awwww :c why have a subscription for the ps3 version when psn is free...

ZachiroEnigma0
5th Aug 2012, 09:41

well ladies and gents 10 more days until gamerscom..i wonder what SE is gonna showcase first..

my money is on XIV....i would love to play that game....

member_10077577
5th Aug 2012, 09:50

well ladies and gents 10 more days until gamerscom..i wonder what SE is gonna showcase first..

Probably. They've been showcasing their other games too much.

ZachiroEnigma0
5th Aug 2012, 11:10

Probably. They've been showcasing their other games too much.

true...so you guys think that once XIV Arealm Reborn is finished and released for ps3 and pc they'lll progbably jsut have to do maintenance and have admins and stuff but the development team might go to other FF games right??? like XIII-3, Lightning's saga...and...and....versus...hopefully

member_10077577
5th Aug 2012, 13:39
true...so you guys think that once XIV Arealm Reborn is finished and released for ps3 and pc they'lll progbably jsut have to do maintenance and have admins and stuff but the development team might go to other FF games right??? like XIII-3, Lightning's saga...and...and....versus...hopefully

The trouble with that is that this same team was not involved in making the Fabula Nova Crystallis series. If anything, they should focus on maintanence and Final Fantasy XV.

ZachiroEnigma0
5th Aug 2012, 13:47

The trouble with that is that this same team was not involved in making the Fabula Nova Crystallis series. If anything, they should focus on maintanence and Final Fantasy XV.

yeaah but thye OWE the fabula team

fubla team helped them with XIV

so its only fair they help them out...>.>

member_10077577
5th Aug 2012, 13:55

Wait, can you explain how exactly they helped?

ZachiroEnigma0
5th Aug 2012, 14:00

Wait, can you explain how exactly they helped?

psycho knows how the XIV team helped the Fabula team....PSYCHO! yourturn tell him! ^^

member_10628951
5th Aug 2012, 14:49
There are a lot of teams that get moved around to focus on certain projects. Square is the one who decides which project should be focused on. However neither the Versus team nor the XIII team has helped the XIV team that much. Maybe some staff moved over to the XIV team but that's normal within a developer as big as Square.

HOWEVER: I think what you were thinking about was when a majority of the Versus team went and helped work on XIII and early/mid development of XIII-2 (up until about April- July of last year).

The only team that deserves to go help the other team is the XIII team going to go help finish Versus. I believe when XIII was finished the XIII team said they would assist Versus development because they helped them out so much durring development but that team went to make XIII-2 instead of returning the favor to help finish Versus. And that's how we have gotten to this point.

ZachiroEnigma0
5th Aug 2012, 15:10
There are a lot of teams that get moved around to focus on certain projects. Square is the one who decides which project should be focused on. However neither the Versus team nor the XIII team has helped the XIV team that much. Maybe some staff moved over to the XIV team but that's normal within a developer as big as Square.

HOWEVER: I think what you were thinking about was when a majority of the Versus team went and helped work on XIII and early/mid development of XIII-2 (up until about April- July of last year).

The only team that deserves to go help the other team is the XIII team going to go help finish Versus. I believe when XIII was finished the XIII team said they would assist Versus development because they helped them out so much durring development but that team went to make XIII-2 instead of returning the favor to help finish Versus. And that's how we have gotten to this point.

ah thank you

i meant XIII

i knew it was a Final Fantasy Team the Versus Team helped out..but i could remember exactly which one so ithought it was XIV....sorry for the confusion, i stand corrected as Psycho knows what hes talking about

member_10077577
5th Aug 2012, 15:55

That would sicken me, since the game should have been finished to begin with. And yet, I feel as though they're going to do the same thing with Versus XIII in terms of XIII-3.

ZachiroEnigma0
5th Aug 2012, 16:31

That would sicken me, since the game should have been finished to begin with. And yet, I feel as though they're going to do the same thing with Versus XIII in terms of XIII-3.

EDIT: heey 400 posts ^^ yay me!

actually, since xiii-3 JUST started..i think versus is gonan come out bvefore it...like for the past 6 years its been in slight development...then as of sept of last year it JUST made 100% development, so its only been in full gear for 11 months plus adding august and msot of september thats a year and then a release date t obe eithe december of this year or january of next year, XIII-3 probably wont come out intil next summer.

member_10077577
5th Aug 2012, 16:41

actually, since xiii-3 JUST started..i think versus is gonan come out bvefore it...like for the past 6 years its been in slight development...then as of sept of last year it JUST made 100% development, so its only been in full gear for 11 months plus adding august and msot of september thats a year and then a release date t obe eithe december of this year or january of next year, XIII-3 probably wont come out intil next summer.

I would be shocked if they announce that XIII-3 would be released before Versus XIII, that would make my head explode, and brain matter would be everywhere...assuming that XIII-3 will exist!! Versus XIII needs a 2013 release date!

But in the meantime, I might wait for Beyond: Two Souls. I'm interested in that.

ZachiroEnigma0
6th Aug 2012, 12:45

I would be shocked if they announce that XIII-3 would be released before Versus XIII, that would make my head explode, and brain matter would be everywhere...assuming that XIII-3 will exist!! Versus XIII needs a 2013 release date!

But in the meantime, I might wait for Beyond: Two Souls. I'm interested in that.

well i doubt that will happen...its beei nin 100% production for 11 months and nomura basically has nothing else to work on besides versus....we;'ll find out something inthe next month or 2...

new_tradition
6th Aug 2012, 22:08
I would be shocked if they announce that XIII-3 would be released before Versus XIII

Unfortuanately, I can see this happening. As mentioned before, there wasn't much development needed for FFXIII-2, and I doubt FFXIII-3 will need much either and can be pushed out first.

I imagine FFXIII-3 has probably been in production before FFXIII-2 was on the market (they knew they were going ot release an incomplete game, right?). If anything, I expect FFXIII-3 to come out relatively soon. I kind of hope we see a Feb/March 2013 FFXIII-3 release date.

...I still hope we see Versus in 2013 though :/

member_10628951
7th Aug 2012, 02:48
Kitase said they just started on the game. Which means that they just started. I would say this new game is 15% done (at best) while Versus XIII is 75% done (at worst). So I highly doubt that they will finish XIII-3 before Versus XIII. In which case if XIII-3 does come out before Versus then that just means Toriyama and Square got in the way of Versus and Nomura again. In which case yes I will be very upset.

member_10077577
7th Aug 2012, 08:09
Kitase said they just started on the game. Which means that they just started. I would say this new game is 15% done (at best) while Versus XIII is 75% done (at worst). So I highly doubt that they will finish XIII-3 before Versus XIII. In which case if XIII-3 does come out before Versus then that just means Toriyama and Square got in the way of Versus and Nomura again. In which case yes I will be very upset.

Let's just pray that what will be revealed at the 25th Anniversary is something we didn't expect, and if it is what we expect, would not get in the way of Versus XIII again.

member_10628951
10th Aug 2012, 12:36
This is where we will put all news and discussions about Square Enix at Gamescom 2012. Here is where we will discuss and speculate what they will show here and discuss the news as we go along Gamescom.

Have fun!!

ZachiroEnigma0
10th Aug 2012, 12:45
This is where we will put all news and discussions about Square Enix at Gamescom 2012. Here is where we will discuss and speculate what they will show here and discuss the news as we go along Gamescom. Have fun!!

yaaay ^^ i think that they'll probably show sleeping dogs stuff and showcase alot of a realm reaborn

but they alreadt told the list f games but they havent said which are gonna get mroe attentuin,btw have you seen the seamlessnes of sleeping dogs??

its so...seamless...like almsot perfect...like...i want that game...just to kill time for you know what but still...

Asuha
10th Aug 2012, 14:17
I'm looking forward to the FFXIV reveals.

member_10628951
10th Aug 2012, 15:17
I am too. I have defiantly warmed up to the game but I still don't like subscription models. They are too expensive for my tastes and they are kind of off putting for a college student like myself.

RoyalJam
11th Aug 2012, 00:03
13 dollars a month isn't too much if the experience is great. I would get but don't have the time. I do hope it does great. I want square to make over 100 million profit at the end of this fiscal year. They made 76 million last fiscal year. This reboot is vital for them.

ZachiroEnigma0
11th Aug 2012, 08:35
13 dollars a month isn't too much if the experience is great. I would get but don't have the time. I do hope it does great. I want square to make over 100 million profit at the end of this fiscal year. They made 76 million last fiscal year. This reboot is vital for them.

true it is.....and so is sleeping dogs apparently....alot of hype about that game..not gonna lie im really impressed with the detail, graphics, and seemlessness...its very impressive...i think they'lll make alot of money with that game

Syn
13th Aug 2012, 07:45

Am with you on that one, really interested to see the changes made gameplay wise aswell as the overall game itself.

ZachiroEnigma0
13th Aug 2012, 19:17

Am with you on that one, really interested to see the changes made gameplay wise aswell as the overall game itself.

honestly guys....i never saw it so i dont know...was the original final fantasy XIV as bad as people said???

member_10628951
13th Aug 2012, 19:19

honestly guys....i never saw it so i dont know...was the original final fantasy XIV as bad as people said???

It was in....... hmmm how can I put this kindly..... "rough" shape when it came out.

ZachiroEnigma0
13th Aug 2012, 19:28

It was in....... hmmm how can I put this kindly..... "rough" shape when it came out.

oaky let me as kthis...did gameinformer and all other reviewers totally over exaggerate how bad it was???

member_10628951
13th Aug 2012, 19:33

oaky let me as kthis...did gameinformer and all other reviewers totally over exaggerate how bad it was???

That opinion may vary from person to person.

ZachiroEnigma0
13th Aug 2012, 19:35

then do you think that they overexaggerated how ba itwas???? like...Gameinformer always bashes evergame that isnt call of duty or assassin's creed so idc about whatthey think but other reviewers, didthey vier exaggerate it in your opinion??

member_10628951
13th Aug 2012, 19:41

then do you think that they overexaggerated how ba itwas???? like...Gameinformer always bashes evergame that isnt call of duty or assassin's creed so idc about whatthey think but other reviewers, didthey vier exaggerate it in your opinion??

Personally I like GameInformer and think they are less bias than most other outlets. I find that they give very fair and accurate reviews. My opinion of games usually falls in line with theirs. That being said, some people did over exaggerated. But by no means was it a masterpiece.

ZachiroEnigma0
13th Aug 2012, 19:57

Personally I like GameInformer and think they are less bias than most other outlets. I find that they give very fair and accurate reviews. My opinion of games usually falls in line with theirs. That being said, some people did over exaggerated. But by no means was it a masterpiece.

really???? then explain theyre hypo critial review on xiii and xiii-2..first calling 13 linear and boring, then sayingits so interesting and giving it a 8/10 and with 13-2 they called it basically stupid cuz se game serah a bow to keep her femininitiy and saying that the point of having a sequal was just "Really SE?" then saying the game was amazing and stuff...-_-...they annoy me with that....i bet theyre gonna do the same thing with versus...calling it depressing and drab then saying it keeps you on your seat and give it a 9.5/10

member_10628951
13th Aug 2012, 19:58
"Different strokes for different folks"

-PshycoNinja

ZachiroEnigma0
13th Aug 2012, 20:03

-PshycoNinja

sorry i meant 8/10 for 13-2 and 9.5 for 13..x.x....and okay..i'll let you slide..this time....but only cuz im getting busy

EDIT: before you have a chance to think that way i didnt mean it that way!

member_10628951
13th Aug 2012, 20:09

-PshycoNinja

sorry i meant 8/10 for 13-2 and 9.5 for 13..x.x....and okay..i'll let you slide..this time....but only cuz im getting busy

I didn't even think of that until you brought it up! I blame you! Lol.

ZachiroEnigma0
13th Aug 2012, 20:23

-PshycoNinja

heey i said before you think like that!! i was tryingto prevent such thoughts x.x...

ZachiroEnigma0
13th Aug 2012, 20:38

-PshycoNinja

baack to the topic you bad boy...

NOT LIKE THAAAT!

bu back tothe topic....i think SE is gonna have sometihng unexpected at gamescom...like gameplay of XIV or maybe a free trial released =D

ZachiroEnigma0
14th Aug 2012, 14:48
This is where we will put all news and discussions about Square Enix at Gamescom 2012. Here is where we will discuss and speculate what they will show here and discuss the news as we go along Gamescom. Have fun!!

said they were gonna show a new ps3 at gamescom and the rpeice for the old ones were gonna lower :(

sony confirmed thats not happening!! DX

Lightning_Stryker
14th Aug 2012, 16:03

said they were gonna show a new ps3 at gamescom and the rpeice for the old ones were gonna lower :(

sony confirmed thats not happening!! DX

Aww that stinks! >.<

member_10628951
14th Aug 2012, 17:18
Yeah so.... that happened.

In other news Sony announced some awesome new games! You know... just cause.

Lightning_Stryker
14th Aug 2012, 17:59
Yeah so.... that happened. In other news Sony announced some awesome new games! You know... just cause.

Guess gamescom/Sony announcements are bittersweet LOL /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

member_10628951
14th Aug 2012, 18:06
I think we can safely say that Sony had the best Gamescom conference out of all the console makers ;p.

Lightning_Stryker
14th Aug 2012, 18:40
Niiice lolz

member_10382029
14th Aug 2012, 18:58
Has SE announced anymore news for PSP Final Fantasy XIII title (the old Adagio) at Gamescon. Or does everyone think the US will not see it? it has been out for some time now in Japan.

member_10382029
14th Aug 2012, 19:00
I think we can safely say that Sony had the best Gamescom conference out of all the console makers ;p.

THey did have the best showing at Gamescon. All who have not watched it should do so. Some very sweet surprises!

tiaeltaru
15th Aug 2012, 11:02
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn gameplay reveal:

gematsu.com/2012/08/final-fantasy-xiv-a-... (http://gematsu.com/2012/08/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-off-screen-gamescom-gameplay-presentation)

Quality not so good, but looks like they are on track to surpass XI for me, hoping for a high quality version from SE soon.

Syn
15th Aug 2012, 11:43
^^ looking forward to FF XIV, looks interesting. Guys, does anyone know the title and artist of the song that plays in the sleeping dogs live action trailer?? Been desperately trying to find it.

<iframe width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SE2ADqLuzvU" frameborder="0"></iframe>

hoodrich53
15th Aug 2012, 11:46
hope to see some exciting news from square enix at gamescom.. possibly deus ex??

Omikuji
15th Aug 2012, 14:17
I haven't seen much news as of yet from Square Enix over in a bunch of Gamescom news area. Then again it is the first(or second now?) day of the show. I remember that Final Fantasy Dimensions was to be poked at over there at Gamescom, and actually many games being there as well. I wonder what day it will be when the news from Square begins to appear.

member_10077577
15th Aug 2012, 16:58
^^ looking forward to FF XIV, looks interesting. Guys, does anyone know the title and artist of the song that plays in the sleeping dogs live action trailer?? Been desperately trying to find it.

<iframe width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SE2ADqLuzvU" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Photek - Sleepwalking