PDA

View Full Version : What do you want for The Dark Knight sequal?

Pages : [1] 2

Drazar
13th May 2009, 20:36
Hi fellas! Since we had great discussion on the TDK Problem's thread, i thought we could talk/speculate/suggest what the next Nolan Batman movie could have, i'll start:

-Police chasing and shooting Batman, i really want the "police" to feel like a villain to Batman, have them setup up fake drug dealers for Batman to ambush and then try and capture him. James Gordon would demand to "hold fire" but they ignore his orders and shoot Batman because 1) they're corrupt cops 2) they really are angry for Batman's murders.

- Batmobile 2.0 Lamborghini meets the Batdesign!:cool: Now i personally love the Tumbler but i gotta say, with having the police chase him, maybe a sport car with some added gadgets could turn out to be quite badassery, i'm talking about a car like this Batmobile Batman used in the R.I.P Storyline. (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_yWjfmSMdvSo/SCe5WIH1l9I/AAAAAAAAANA/eZUkyqkKTpk/s1600-h/BM_676.08_09.jpg) :cool:

- Wayne Manor, the new Batcave: This is pretty selfexplainary, while the Penthouse had the playboy man's desires, we really need to get back to the roots and see the Batcave with the Computers and everything, we really need to see Batman in an isolated cave being his sociopathic detective. :)

- Batman giving a rose to his parents: We all need to remind ourselves why Bruce is Batman, so Bruce giving a rose to his parents' grave near the mansion, or the common "crime valley" rose he does anually, i would personally like this, its just something that would make my fanboy eyes teary. :,)

- Perhaps a new Batcostume - Now i'm really loving the TDK costume but hear me out: A New costume allows Warner Bros a good excuse to sell more toys, so they might make this happen. I personally already love the TDK Costume but yeah, i wouldn't mind if Batman's helm gets those sonar goggles as something common, just scrap the sonar concept and give him the CSI goggles he has in this very game!:cool: Its really awesome to see this game have goggles like that, and something Nolan should consider. ^^

Villain ideas:

Riddler - Now this idea doesn't come from me but its a popular idea in superherohype.com. Have Riddler (Edward Nygma) as this CSI/FBI detective who promises gotham to unreveal who Batman is. He create fake crime scenes and leaves riddles and here we go... he gets into this whole Riddler persona and goes abit nuts, cuz yeah he is a narccist egoistic self-loving bastard after all. :P

Talia al'ghul: Well this movie needs a woman, if it aint Selina Kyle/Vicky Vale it definatly needs to be this woman. Have her bring the league of shadow to take down the Batman and have her invite Batman to the team "so they can rule the world together".

Bane: We really need to show the world Bane isn't a mindless drone, he is a mastermind gangster with a stereoid venom to boost himself, this could be another thing the mafia/Police hires to stop Batman, but it just turns out Bane isn't that nice at all. ;)

Black Mask: I personally love Black Mask, because he can represent Bruce Wayne's beast side. You see Black Mask was a millionaire playboy like Bruce, he just sadly went bankrupt, got abit crazy and hided under the Black Mask persona, but _that_ Persona took him over. This would be a great psychological reminder to Batman if his "beastial" side ever gets over him.:eek:

So yeah, withouth further word, what would you want/suggest for Batman 3? :)

Abeja
13th May 2009, 20:45
I think the Riddler would be prefect to bring in. Maybe even Scarface. Bane seems possible but idk how big they would make him look. Talia is good but im sick of the female romances, same with Catwoman. Black Mask could work but idk how realistic they could make him, and people might just think its Two Face again.

Penguin is also possible.

Its really up in the air. Alot of people have this problem with making it realistic so most of the villains have to be a cold-blooded gangster.

Drazar
13th May 2009, 20:50
I understand with Black Mask, the mask melting into his face might be hard for realistic reasons but i couldn't think of anything like him glueing it, that would be just silly, and hey check this Badass pose by Black Mask. (http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/36101/760616-black_mask.jpg):cool:

Scarface could work too indeed, i wouldn't mind if the ventriloquest was acted by Robin Williams, who would make an excelent psychopathic villain. :)

xxTheDarkKnightxx
13th May 2009, 20:57
I completely agree with the bane concept. Every time they show him he is this mindless mass that can only punch things, but in truth he is supposed to be quite intelligent. If he is in batman 3, which I hope he is, they should make him more intelligent.

And a lamburgini batmobile, that would be the most awesome thing to happen.... ever XD

I would like to see someone with a bit of a crazy side playing the riddler in the next movie, a tough but smart bane, and this is just my personal opinion but I really don't like Robin very much and I heard that he is going to be in the next movie. I am hoping this is wrong, but either way it is going to be an awesome movie :)

Drazar
13th May 2009, 21:00
Christian Bale, Christopher Nolan & Gary Oldman all assured Robin will _not_ be part of the Nolan serie. He just doesn't work for the live action format to be honest.

Abeja
13th May 2009, 21:07
Yeah people have said Nolan and Bale hate the idea of Robin. Some have said maybe at the end of Batman 3 have Bruce going to the circus. However, it seems in this next film Batman will be on the run from the cops. He could take sometime off, go to the circus, find a 12-13 year old **** Grayson. Go underground, train him and rebuild the Batcave for a few years til his is 17-18 then reemerge. Nolan obviously likes to take stuff fro

CaptainMcMulla
13th May 2009, 21:10
Bale said he would not feature in Batman 3 if robin was to be in the film or he would have another rant. LOL

Zombie-Gamer
13th May 2009, 21:26
I'd like to see Harley Quinn, the could do to the Joker what they did with the first Crow, so he can manipulate Harley from inside Arkham.

Abeja
13th May 2009, 21:30
Yeah Harley would be cool but she is like the Jokers Robin. If Batman cant have a sidekick neither can Joker. Too far down the timeline too. They dont even mention alot of Gordons daughter, mostly his son.

Kai Rei
13th May 2009, 22:07
I'd like to see Black Mask and GCPD in the 3rd. If they can put a burnt-up Two-Face in a pseudo-realistic setting, they can probably do Black Mask too.

Edit: Or GCPD and HUSH.

DarkKnightDanny
13th May 2009, 22:41
did you know that bale tried out for the role of robin in the film batman & robin.hehe,left a bitter taste im sure.

and no no no thrice to TDKs bat suit. i hated out much of a robo-skeleten he looked like, and what was with the dog collar?.i know they went for movement but im a purist.

Darkwing_Duck
13th May 2009, 22:46
I'm just about sad to enough to point out that the Batmobile in that picture looks more like a Mercedes Benz SLR.

Right now with the way The Dark Knight ended, Bruce has no Wayne Manor, no Batmobile, lost what little respect of the public he had, and is on the run from the police. How sad.
The third film can only have Bruce rebuilding everything. I think it will end with the 'classic' Batmobile style, and the Batcave and Wayne Manor as we know it.

Possible villains would be The Riddler, Black Mask, Bane (just because we haven't seen a more physical villain yet), maybe Catwoman, and... I dunno. Could be anyone. That's the fun of it.

EliteF50
13th May 2009, 22:50
I want:

Bane, Grey and Black Batsuit, Batcave, New Batmobile.

krew
13th May 2009, 23:09
Black Mask could be the perfect villian because he goes after Bruce and Batman. Maybe he could find out they're one in the same. The Riddler is another perfect villian because Batman is under so much pressure that the Riddler could really push him to his limit. Bane is another villian i'd like to see. They can even keep the Joker in the next one. We've already seen how the formula is so they can get someone to play the part.

stoobytoons
13th May 2009, 23:53
I think the most important thing to drive home a great sequel will be to follow the example left by the previous 2 films. I'm of course talking about the strong use of theme.

In Batman Begins, the theme was about conquering one's fear.
In The Dark Knight, the theme was about pushing one's moral limits.

The 3rd film should follow a similar theme that, again, makes Batman... or Bruce Wayne, rather... the most important character. Some have suggested "redemption" as a possible theme, however that produces no serious conflict for Bruce Wayne. A villain like the Riddler could be brought in to test Batman's will and intelligence while characters like Bane or Croc could test Batman's physical endurance. What else do you guys think?

thebatman226
14th May 2009, 00:07
i dont want a third film, i want them to start the franchise again
n have the story closer to the comics n for batman to hav a black n grey suit D: haha
like the B:AA design :thumb:
i never really liked any of the batman films suits :hmm:

Joker's Laughing Place
14th May 2009, 01:28
I'm actually working on writing a full script just for the fun of it, featuring The Riddler, Catwoman, and Harley Quinn being worked on by The Joker from inside Arkham. I've got the basic premise sorta worked out. It's gonna be a fun project to tie over until AA comes out

batfan08
14th May 2009, 01:36
i like the bane idea,maybe get rid of the venom though(super-steroids are way too unrealistic for the Nolan verse i.e.if that stuff was real,you'd go into cardiac arrest as soon as it got into your blood stream),but rather make him this criminal mastermind who is a drug addict,maybe he's unpredictable and violent when he does it.but i do have one question.how do they make his costume/mask faithful to the comics,without him being a total joke?i mean i love the character and all,but somethings are just meant for the printed page.i was thinking maybe like a worn out military uniform that he took after killing one of the guards at the prison he was in,and maybe ...a gasmask?what do you think?it probably sounds like blasphemy to all the hardcore folks,but seriously,a costume is one thing,but a 7 foot tall guy with a muscle shirt and luchafor mask seems more like a weekly world news type deal if ya ask me.

batfan08
14th May 2009, 01:47
love the robin williams as ventriloquist idea.i could picture it some big thug talking about the ventriloquist:what's this clown doin here!?
scarface:the only clown i see is you,@$$hole
goon gets up
robin williams shoots him in the face

Abeja
14th May 2009, 01:53
Third the Robins Williams. He would be great as the Mad Hatter too. Robin Williams would be great as alot of Batman villains cause he has the rang

batfan08
14th May 2009, 02:05
how about killer moth!?!

EliteF50
14th May 2009, 02:32
i dont want a third film, i want them to start the franchise again
n have the story closer to the comics n for batman to hav a black n grey suit D: haha
like the B:AA design :thumb:
i never really liked any of the batman films suits :hmm:

Agreed. They all look like robot suits. Especially the second Batsuit in TDK.

They should use something similar to this, but better... much, much better:

http://hollywoodcostumesandparty.com/Batman/6104-Batman.jpg

DarkCrusader67
14th May 2009, 02:48
I'm actually working on writing a full script just for the fun of it, featuring The Riddler, Catwoman, and Harley Quinn being worked on by The Joker from inside Arkham. I've got the basic premise sorta worked out. It's gonna be a fun project to tie over until AA comes out

sweet, you should post it on these forums when you're done!! :thumb:

Riddling Artist
14th May 2009, 02:57
Love the Riddler idea. it just seems to fit with the whole nolan thing, but i'd rather see harley quinn. Here's me idea:
Riddler should do what the guy who made this forum said he should do and at the end joker gets released from arkham by Harleen Quinzel and gets killed in a car accident when the bridged he's getting moved across collapses (Earthquake possibly) and Harleen dissapears and reappears as harley quinn and her mind is warped by the joker into thinking that batman killed joker and then she goes on arevenge mission.
and thats my idea lol

The Jedi Guardian
14th May 2009, 03:23
Probably not, Joker's end is too simple

I heard of beter ideas like Mr Reese which almost sounds like Mysteries as Riddler.

EliteF50
14th May 2009, 03:39
By the way, does anyone else think Gary Oldman is the perfect Gordon?

Riddling Artist
14th May 2009, 03:39
lol well how could joker predict an earthquake??

Riddling Artist
14th May 2009, 03:40
Yes Gary oldman is the perfect gordon. I particularlly didnt like the gordon in the tim burton movies because 1) didnt even look like gordon and 2) i dont think gordons supoosed to be that fat lol

DarkCrusader67
14th May 2009, 03:43
well i remember in Year One how Gordon was such a surprising BadAss!! Oldman doesn't come off as a physically superior person but he looks just like him!

Joker's Laughing Place
14th May 2009, 03:49
sweet, you should post it on these forums when you're done!! :thumb:

Will do! I will go more into detail about it soon. Basically I'm gonna write it as though The Joker could be played by anyone that can pull off his voice, and look enough like Heath to give us dark shadows of The Joker, as to keep his full figure hidden and make him more creepy, that way Harley is still entirely possible.

DarkCrusader67
14th May 2009, 03:51
Will do! I will go more into detail about it soon. Basically I'm gonna write it as though The Joker could be played by anyone that can pull off his voice, and look enough like Heath to give us dark shadows of The Joker, as to keep his full figure hidden and make him more creepy, that way Harley is still entirely possible.

sounds awesome! I'll be looking forward to reading it!!! :D

...especially since we have to be tortured for 4 months waiting for this game to come out!!! :mad2::mad2:

Abeja
14th May 2009, 05:20
well i remember in Year One how Gordon was such a surprising BadAss!! Oldman doesn't come off as a physically superior person but he looks just like him!

Miller does make him badass, hell Flass was suppose to have Green Beret training. I love Oldman so no complaints.

vicsage
14th May 2009, 06:24
My 3 NO's:

-NO BLACK MASK (We already have enough crime bosses and we just saw someone get half their face burned in TDK. We need variety, folks!)

-NO PENGUIN (Nolan has already said he won't do it)

-NO TALIA (Imagine she comes to Gotham looking for her dad...but she finds out Batman let him die! Agh, the suffering!)

There's only a few popular villains left that Nolan can do: Riddler and Catwoman.

Riddler would work (but they sure as heck better make him different than Joker in TDK).

Catwoman could be the new love interest. A female enemy for a change?

Bane would have to be really dumbed down. I mean really. Nolan's realism would just about leave him as a big guy who takes Venom pills. If he doesn't get the spiffy mask and ability to grow larger muscle mass, it won't look quite right.

Mad Hatter is one of my favorite villains but he isn't mainstream enough for Nolan.

Ventriloquist is ANOTHER CRIME BOSS who Nolan would probably reduce to a side character and not as a main villain (even though his psychosis is interesting).

The other alternative is to create a brand new villain but I doubt Warner Bros. has the gall to try that...

So, basically you know that Riddler and Catwoman are the top two contenders. Will they appear together? Only time will tell.

CaptainMcMulla
14th May 2009, 06:40
The most likely enemy would be riddler for me. In a way he shares many similarities to the Joker and i think Nolan would like to exploit that. He would make a very good riddler like he did with the Joker. Also i would like to see wayne manor & batcave in the next one.

thebatman226
14th May 2009, 08:32
Agreed. They all look like robot suits. Especially the second Batsuit in TDK.

They should use something similar to this, but better... much, much better:

http://hollywoodcostumesandparty.com/Batman/6104-Batman.jpg

exactly :thumb:

Darkwing_Duck
14th May 2009, 10:01
Nolan's made it kind of hard for himself by taking on a far more realistic approach to the comics. He can't use major villains like Mr. Freeze, Man-Bat, Poison Ivy, Clayface and such. Unless he really toned them down.
Which is kind of sad really.
But what he's done so far has been amazing. And clearly none of us share Nolan's mind, so who knows what he'll come up with. And I'm damn sure it'll be good.

I personally predict that we'll see the Riddler.

BatNipples
14th May 2009, 10:35
I think they should just have batman sitting watching TV for the full 3 hrs. He can be watching batman TAS

Pwz41
14th May 2009, 14:12
Right after the TDK's release rumors swirled of a Johnny Dep Riddler:scratch: I agree their needs to be a physical challenge to Batman.

The Tumbler was cool, but I agree with a more agile vehicle that wont cause so much collateral damage.

Kai Rei
14th May 2009, 14:31
Agreed, Pwz. We havn't had somebody who actually *pushes* Batman to his limit's physically. We need somebody like Bane or maybe even Amygdala. He may not be mainstream enough for Nolan though.

Pwz41
14th May 2009, 15:04
Agreed, Pwz. We havn't had somebody who actually *pushes* Batman to his limit's physically. We need somebody like Bane or maybe even Amygdala. He may not be mainstream enough for Nolan though.

Ra's WAS a challenge, but Bruce was raw, and very young as a warrior. I think TDK Batman would best Ra's of Begins much more easily...

In TAS, didn't Ra's keep pace with Batman, as though they where roughly equal?

Kai Rei
14th May 2009, 15:57
Ra's WAS a challenge, but Bruce was raw, and very young as a warrior. I think TDK Batman would best Ra's of Begins much more easily...

Ra's wasn't enough of a physical challenge, like somebody like Bane would be.

I don't remember anything of Ra's from TAS. Sorry.

Abeja
14th May 2009, 18:12
How about Steve Buscemi as Ventriloquist? Someone on another forum I post at mentioned Steve Buscemi. Riddler or Mad Hatter would be cool too.

Drazar
14th May 2009, 18:57

Yep in the sword fights and when Ras came out from the Lazarus pit. He only was on few episodes and in 2 parter episode of Superman TAS with Batman as a special quest.

Abeja
14th May 2009, 19:59
I should download TAS. I havent seen it in awhile. I try to catch it on other cartoon channels.

Pwz41
14th May 2009, 20:17
How about Steve Buscemi as Ventriloquist? Someone on another forum I post at mentioned Steve Buscemi. Riddler or Mad Hatter would be cool too.

Buscemi? Is he threatening enough? :scratch: I mean, to Batman?

What ever happened to Rutger Hauer's charater, I thought for sure he'd be gunning for Fox and Wayne after the first film, but he's not very intimidating either.

Zacman
14th May 2009, 23:49
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that robin williams was suggested to play the original Joker or Riddler. Sorry I can't remember. I think Robin Williams would be good for Venrilaquist. I bet we see Riddler and a physical force. I just am not sure who that would be. Maybe Solomon Grundy being controlled by the Riddler. I think that could work. Solomon Grundy is prob not mainstream enough though but Ra's isn't really a well-known character. I didn't know who he was until after BB.

Pwz41
15th May 2009, 01:24
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that robin williams was suggested to play the original Joker or Riddler. Sorry I can't remember. I think Robin Williams would be good for Venrilaquist. I bet we see Riddler and a physical force. I just am not sure who that would be. Maybe Solomon Grundy being controlled by the Riddler. I think that could work. Solomon Grundy is prob not mainstream enough though but Ra's isn't really a well-known character. I didn't know who he was until after BB.

I would like to see a physically imposing Riddler, but that would be a huge character deviation, wouldn't it?

Bane seems to be one of, if not the only character to challenge Batman on both fronts. I red about "Knightfall" today. It seems Bane knew that he could not defeat Batman without weakening him mentally and physically first.

I also found contradictory information, stating that Bane is superior to Batman physically WITHOUT Venom. I think this scenario lends itself well to Nolan's universe.

I would like to through Vin Diesel's hat in the ring as Bane.

arOnex20
15th May 2009, 01:28
I would like to though Vin Diesel's hat in the ring as Bane.

yea, either him or Dwayne Johnson..but only because he's friggin' huge. *sigh* if only i had his genetics :(

Pwz41
15th May 2009, 01:39
I like Vin Diesel based on his first performance as Rid**** in the original "Pitch Black". But I agree The Rock is a bit bigger and taller, but Diesel is a better actor and still much bigger than Bale.

arOnex20
15th May 2009, 01:41
I like Vin Diesel based on his first performance as Rid**** in the original "Pitch Black". But I agree The Rock is a bit bigger and taller, but Diesel is a better actor and still much bigger than Bale.

Concurred.

Zacman
15th May 2009, 01:46
If Jason Statham was bigger I could see him playing Bane since Nolan uses a lot of British actors. Vin Diesel is my first choice followed by Jason.

JackWinz
15th May 2009, 01:57
I couldnt agree more about Bane

EliteF50
15th May 2009, 02:14
I think a big South American guy would be better.

Ensanguined Walls
15th May 2009, 02:21
The guy who tosses the detonator out at the end of the criminal's boat in TDK reminded me of Killer Croc: grumbling voice, African American (Croc was African American), and buff.

Zacman
15th May 2009, 02:26
Yeah but I don't think Killer Croc would fit well in Nolan's universe. It would be cool to see him in a movie though

EliteF50
15th May 2009, 02:28
I agree. He should play Croc.

Honestly, I hope B3 is all about Batman facing physical challenges. The two main villains should be Croc and Bane.

And in the movie, Bane should break Croc's arms [just like he did in the comics].

EDIT: By physical challenges, I mean I think he should doubt his strength. But I do not want to see a lot of working out scenes.

Ensanguined Walls
15th May 2009, 02:33
Yeah but I don't think Killer Croc would fit well in Nolan's universe. It would be cool to see him in a movie though

Nolan does sway from his realistic approach at times. Two-Face shouldn't have been able to talk properly, for one, and at lot of the stuff that happened requires suspending your disbelief (sonar, etc). They could make Croc have a skin condition (not a real monster, but scary) and top-notch human strength.

Pwz41
15th May 2009, 02:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbAEdun-Wls

I'm thinking he'd need to put on 15 pounds.

He's got the other big men dead to rights as far as acting is concerned, IMO.

DarkCrusader67
15th May 2009, 03:22
omfg... did you see Vin Diesel's arms in the latest Fast and Furious!?!?!?! OMG THEY WERE HUGE!!!!

Pwz41
15th May 2009, 03:30
omfg... did you see Vin Diesel's arms in the latest Fast and Furious!?!?!?! OMG THEY WERE HUGE!!!!

Haven't seen that yet, was it good?

DarkCrusader67
15th May 2009, 03:39
Haven't seen that yet, was it good?

HiS BICEPS WERE GOOD!!!! lol but seriously tho, ya it was a good movie! Not incredible, but good nonetheless!!

vicsage
15th May 2009, 03:41
I agree. He should play Croc.

Honestly, I hope B3 is all about Batman facing physical challenges. The two main villains should be Croc and Bane.

And in the movie, Bane should break Croc's arms [just like he did in the comics].

EDIT: By physical challenges, I mean I think he should doubt his strength. But I do not want to see a lot of working out scenes.

Nolan called Croc a "goofy character" back when Begins came out. He won't make it.

Bane might work if Nolan tweaks him...alot.

I can see it now:

"I TAKE VENOM PILLS, BATMAN...THEY MAKE ME GROW AN INCH TALLER AND GO BANANAS!"

Uh, yeah. Maybe.

EliteF50
15th May 2009, 03:51

The Rock's still bigger than he is.

EliteF50
15th May 2009, 03:54
Nolan called Croc a "goofy character" back when Begins came out. He won't make it.

Bane might work if Nolan tweaks him...alot.

I can see it now:

"I TAKE VENOM PILLS, BATMAN...THEY MAKE ME GROW AN INCH TALLER AND GO BANANAS!"

Uh, yeah. Maybe.

...Freaking Nolan...

-.-'

I love Croc.

Abeja
15th May 2009, 03:58
What about the guy from No Country for Old Men being Bane? Hes a big guy, and pretty good at being a villain.

DarkCrusader67
15th May 2009, 04:14
The Rock's still bigger than he is.

ugh?!? are you kiddin me man?!? You haven't seen Fast & Furious!!! His arms are the size of my legs!!! and I'm a 250 pound offensive lineman!!

EliteF50
15th May 2009, 04:33
ugh?!? are you kiddin me man?!? You haven't seen Fast & Furious!!! His arms are the size of my legs!!! and I'm a 250 pound offensive lineman!!

Yeah, I watched F&F day one.

The Rock is definitely bigger than Vin Diesel.

DarkCrusader67
15th May 2009, 04:35
Yeah, I watched F&F day one.

The Rock is definitely bigger than Vin Diesel.

nooo way dude! Rock is definitely A LOT more "cut" but definitely not BIGGER!

Riddling Artist
15th May 2009, 05:03
i think that nolan could make mr.freeze believable actually. but you'd have to get rid of the freeze gun and substitute it for containers of liquid nirtogen. i mean nolan made a believable joker qwithout his laughing gas. he should be able to create mr.freeze. but for somereason i've alwasy pictured vin diesel as mr. freeze not bane:D

vicsage
15th May 2009, 05:35
i think that nolan could make mr.freeze believable actually. but you'd have to get rid of the freeze gun and substitute it for containers of liquid nirtogen. i mean nolan made a believable joker qwithout his laughing gas. he should be able to create mr.freeze. but for somereason i've alwasy pictured vin diesel as mr. freeze not bane:D

Hmm, he would slap his victims in a big refrigerator in a cryogenically-frozen state!

Though, Nolan might find the name "Mr. Freeze" kind of cheesy...

AnimatedMonster
15th May 2009, 09:29
Here are my thoughts:

3 Villians:

Anthony Michael Hall (or Johnny Depp if they want to recast) playing the Riddler.
Phillip Seymour Hoffman or Paul Gimatti playing the Penguin.
Rena Sofer as Catwoman.

The Penguin would only have a small role in the film as a arms deal and club owner. The character would be presented realistically, dealing weapons to the remnants of the mob.

The Riddler really needs to be a lot different than the Joker and present a different threat. I'm thinking that he should be Mike Engel from Gotham Tonight. His interpretation of the Riddler should be more tech and more about cyber terrorism. He would uncover the truth around Harvey Dent and the circumstances of his death, this would make it personal for Batman and Gordon. Batman would have to put his detective skills to a true test as he solves riddles and jumps through hoops to prevent the truth about Harvey Dent from coming out. Edward Nigma would be a screen name that Engel uses (this would lead Batman to Mr. Reeves, which would be a dead end) in his cyber terrorism. The Riddler would be the name that the media makes up for him.

Catwoman would be a distraction for Batman, who is still trying to cope the loss of Rachael. He is drawn to her because she is so similar to him, yet conflicted because she is a criminal. Inevitably, Catwoman would have to be drawn into the Riddler's plan (not an actual team up, just be drawn into it. Whether it be with him or against him.

On the Bruce Wayne side of things, a new rich playboy would enter Gotham who owns a technology driven company like Wayne does. Each would try to outclass each other in showing off and being an ass, whilst also giving Wayne Enterprises a known rival. Unlike Bruce, this new character would actually be sleeze and be corrupted by money. Perhaps the return of Mr. Earl heading this new rich playboy's company? This part of the film would help give the film some humor (not over the top, but sticking with the kind that has already been established in the prior films).

The film would explore what Bruce/Batman would become if corrupted. Parallels would be drawn upon with the characters Riddler/Catwoman/ and the rich playboy.

In terms of setting, I'd like to see Arkham Asylum (Arkham Island now) back seeing as how it was a huge part of Batman Begins, but not even mentioned in The Dark Knight.

Wayne Manor and the Batcave with a new Batmobile.

I'm fine with Batman keeping his suit from TDK, Bale needs to bring his voice back to the one in BB. TDK voice was way to gruff, sometimes hard to understand.

Ensanguined Walls
15th May 2009, 09:31
Here are my thoughts:

3 Villians:

Johnny Depp playing the Riddler.
Phillip Seymour Hoffman or Paul Gimatti playing the Penguin.
Rena Sofer as Catwoman.

The Penguin would only have a small role in the film as a arms deal and club owner. The character would be presented realistically, dealing weapons to the remnants of the mob.

The Riddler really needs to be a lot different than the Joker and present a different threat. I'm thinking that he should be Mike Engel from Gotham Tonight. His interpretation of the Riddler should be more tech and more about cyber terrorism. He would uncover the truth around Harvey Dent and the circumstances of his death, this would make it personally for Batman and Gordon. Batman would have to put his detective skills to a true test as he solves riddles and jumps through hoops to prevent the truth about Harvey Dent from coming out. Edward Nigma would be a screen name that Engel uses (this would lead Batman to Mr. Reeves, which would be a dead end) in his cyber terrorism. The Riddler would be the name that the media makes up for him.

Catwoman would be a distraction for Batman, who is still trying to cope the loss of Rachael. He is drawn to her because she is so similar to him, yet conflicted because she is a criminal. Inevitably, Catwoman would have to be drawn into the Riddler's plan (not an actual team up, just be drawn into it. Whether it be with him or against him.

On the Bruce Wayne side of things, a new rich playboy would enter Gotham who owns a technology driven company like Wayne does. Each would try to outclass each other in showing off and being an ass, whilst also giving Wayne Enterprises a known rival. Unlike Bruce, this new character would actually be sleeze and be corrupted by money. Perhaps the return of Mr. Earl heading this new rich playboy's company? This part of the film would help give the film some humor (not over the top, but sticking with the kind that has already been established in the prior films).

The film would explore what Bruce/Batman would become if corrupted. Parallels would be drawn upon with the characters Riddler/Catwoman/ and the rich playboy.

In terms of setting, I'd like to see Arkham Asylum (Arkham Island now) back seeing as how it was a huge part of Batman Begins, but not even mentioned in The Dark Knight.

Wayne Manor and the Batcave with a new Batmobile.

I'm fine with Batman keeping his suit from TDK, Bale needs to bring his voice back to the one in BB. TDK voice was way to gruff, sometimes hard to understand.

Contact Mr. Nolan, sir. Awesome pitch.

Drazar
15th May 2009, 10:57
I don't know how Catwoman can work, a domina protistue being acrobatic in a tight leather suit jumping across Gotham rooftops with just a whip? :P

Pwz41
15th May 2009, 13:40
nooo way dude! Rock is definitely A LOT more "cut" but definitely not BIGGER!

I have to agree, The Rock is bigger, I think he's about 6'3" too, where Vin Diesel is about 5'11"... It's sucks having to find a giant that can act, because again, Vin is a better actor IMO, and I think with Nolan's direction he could be a VERY dark character.

Let’s look at the Rid**** character:

Grew up in prison, murderer, highly intelligent, manipulative, expert combatant, ruthless, may have been the light under different circumstances.

Now Bane:

Grew up in prison, murderer, highly intelligent, manipulative, expert combatant, ruthless, may have been the light under different circumstances.

I know that’s a bit dramatic, but it fits, Rid**** even wears a Bane like outfit. And I can’t picture The Rock, or anyone else playing Rid****. I know there are other actors that can capture the “evil” of the character, but they don’t have the physical specs for the job.

Kai Rei
15th May 2009, 13:43
I have to agree, The Rock is bigger, I think he's about 6'3" too, where Vin Diesel is about 5'11"... It's sucks having to find a giant that can act, because again, Vin is a better actor IMO, and I think with Nolan's direction he could be a VERY dark character.

Let’s look at the Rid**** character:

Now Bane:

I know that’s a bit dramatic, but it fits, Rid**** even wears a Bane like outfit. And I can’t picture The Rock, or anyone else playing Rid****. I know there are other actors that can capture the “evil” of the character, but they don’t have the physical specs for the job.

Both character's are ridiculously close in origin. This may just be the Bane casting choice we've all been waiting for...

Riddling Artist
15th May 2009, 23:53
Hmm, he would slap his victims in a big refrigerator in a cryogenically-frozen state!

Though, Nolan might find the name "Mr. Freeze" kind of cheesy...

actually nolan could pull off the mr.freeze thing. he did it with 2 face by not actually calling him two face but saying that it was his nickname back at internal investigations lol

i just had a great idea. what if mr.freeze started working at wayne enterprises and he losese his wife while working there and he freezes her then people start calling him mr.freeze behind his back. then, hed start locking the people in the refrigerators lol:D

The Bat
16th May 2009, 02:06
I would love it if they had Johnny Depp to act the Riddler, that would actually be really amazing.
:D

CodeBlack
16th May 2009, 05:17
I'd prefer a villain that hasn't yet seen much publicity outside of comics, like Scarecrow and Ra's in Batman Begins. This is apparently what Nolan was planning as well, he mainly did Joker in TDK because, well, he's the Joker, and there's really no doing Batman without him. But, there are a ton of unused but still plausible Batman villains that could be given the time of day in a new movie. Plus, it also gives us an opportunity to make up for the piece of crap that was Batman & Robin; though he might not fit into Nolan's world the way he is, a well done Mr. Freeze would be a great villain.

If not, Riddler is the obvious choice, but I'd like to see him in a less antagonistic role (the best idea for a Riddler plot that I've seen is for him to be a special police investigator who goes too far in trying to catch Batman) which allows for another villain to come into play without the two stealing each other's show.

Also, I don't think Harley should be in it as a villain. Though a cameo would be amazing. Bruce Wayne goes to Arkham to check on a new improvement that Wayne Industries paid for, and learns that Joker is under the care of the new hire Dr. Harleen Quinzel. Or, maybe he fights against a gang that's emulating the Joker in the beginning of the movie (similar to how he fought Scarecrow in the beginning of TDK), and the leader is a young woman with blond hair who calls herself Harley Quinn and has scarred herself to be like the Joker. And nothing more than that. Just a cameo.

We Are The Archers
16th May 2009, 05:51
I'd prefer a villain that hasn't yet seen much publicity outside of comics, like Scarecrow and Ra's in Batman Begins. This is apparently what Nolan was planning as well, he mainly did Joker in TDK because, well, he's the Joker, and there's really no doing Batman without him. But, there are a ton of unused but still plausible Batman villains that could be given the time of day in a new movie. Plus, it also gives us an opportunity to make up for the piece of crap that was Batman & Robin; though he might not fit into Nolan's world the way he is, a well done Mr. Freeze would be a great villain.

If not, Riddler is the obvious choice, but I'd like to see him in a less antagonistic role (the best idea for a Riddler plot that I've seen is for him to be a special police investigator who goes too far in trying to catch Batman) which allows for another villain to come into play without the two stealing each other's show.

Also, I don't think Harley should be in it as a villain. Though a cameo would be amazing. Bruce Wayne goes to Arkham to check on a new improvement that Wayne Industries paid for, and learns that Joker is under the care of the new hire Dr. Harleen Quinzel. Or, maybe he fights against a gang that's emulating the Joker in the beginning of the movie (similar to how he fought Scarecrow in the beginning of TDK), and the leader is a young woman with blond hair who calls herself Harley Quinn and has scarred herself to be like the Joker. And nothing more than that. Just a cameo.

I love that. I hate major female roles in these kinds of movies, They're too distracting and over-done. I do NOT want Catwoman, or Harley, as a major villain. However, that cameo set up (either one) would be really pleasing to the fans of TAS =)

CodeBlack
16th May 2009, 14:49
I love that. I hate major female roles in these kinds of movies, They're too distracting and over-done. I do NOT want Catwoman, or Harley, as a major villain. However, that cameo set up (either one) would be really pleasing to the fans of TAS =)

I think it depends on the character, and how the character is written in the story. Lady Shiva would be a very interesting villain in Nolan's setting, for example.

DarkKnightDanny
16th May 2009, 15:59
the huntress,in my mind,would be great in nolans world.

vicsage
16th May 2009, 16:51
I think it depends on the character, and how the character is written in the story. Lady Shiva would be a very interesting villain in Nolan's setting, for example.

I agree with both of you. Nolan should go more with the lesser known characters outside the comic books. On the other hand, if there's a popular character that's been done to death, I find it hard to believe that Warner Bros. will just ignore them. Part of the reason TDK did so well is because it had a villain that everyone knows...The Joker. Catwoman is probably going to make it into Batman 3 somehow.

The problem with Talia or Lady Shiva as a villain in Batman 3 is that we already had ninjas and martial arts in Batman Begins. While I welcome a female enemy, what we need is some variety. Catwoman fits perfectly as someone inspired by Batman who has become their own vigilante.

Riddler will probably be the main villain.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mad Hatter or Ventriloquist as villains but the problem is:

1-Mad Hatter and Ventriloquist aren't mainstream enough. They'd probably be reduced to second-tier villains (like Scarecrow, who is a major player on Batman's rogues list but Nolan still turned him into a second banana weakling).

2-Ventriloquist is a gangster. He's a psychotic gangster but we already have enough mod bosses. Same goes for Black Mask. We just saw a guy get half his face burned off in TDK. I think the mob bosses deserve a little less attention for now.

Kai Rei
16th May 2009, 17:21
I agree with both of you. Nolan should go more with the lesser known characters outside the comic books. On the other hand, if there's a popular character that's been done to death, I find it hard to believe that Warner Bros. will just ignore them. Part of the reason TDK did so well is because it had a villain that everyone knows...The Joker. Catwoman is probably going to make it into Batman 3 somehow.

The problem with Talia or Lady Shiva as a villain in Batman 3 is that we already had ninjas and martial arts in Batman Begins. While I welcome a female enemy, what we need is some variety. Catwoman fits perfectly as someone inspired by Batman who has become their own vigilante.

Riddler will probably be the main villain.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mad Hatter or Ventriloquist as villains but the problem is:

1-Mad Hatter and Ventriloquist aren't mainstream enough. They'd probably be reduced to second-tier villains (like Scarecrow, who is a major player on Batman's rogues list but Nolan still turned him into a second banana weakling).

2-Ventriloquist is a gangster. He's a psychotic gangster but we already have enough mod bosses. Same goes for Black Mask. We just saw a guy get half his face burned off in TDK. I think the mob bosses deserve a little less attention for now.

Exactly right, although I'm not sure Nolan would even recommend using Scarface as a second-tier villain, due to being abit too unrealistic. If you could pull the character off realistically, it'd just look silly.

The character's I believe have a good chance of being used are Catwoman, Riddler, and maybe Hush.

xKILLINGxJOKERx
16th May 2009, 17:30
I really cant wait for the third film (if they do it), i have all the confidence in the world that it could be better than the The Dark Knight because Bale and Nolan cant fail.

Things i hope for in the next one:

1. Batman has more screen time (i felt like he didn't have enough in begins and in knight)
2. New Batmobile
3. Wayne Manor rebuilt with a Bat Cave
4. Batman hunted down by the cops
5. More Gordan and Batman discussions (i love the way these characters communicate with each other)
6. New Villains- Roman Sionis (Black Mask) corrupt rival business man of Bruce Wayne who takes over crime in Gotham. I love Black Mask as a villain in the comics. Riddler could be an ideal choice however not the main villain, he should be employed by Mask to find out who Batman is. Bane could also be a hired hitman who becomes obsessed with Batman. I would also like to see Joker make a return (just because Heath is dead doesn't mean the character has to die with him) in a massive breakout in Arkham towards the end of the film. Two-face should be brought back with that idea of him being in a coma.
7. There is gonna have to be a new love-interest (Catwoman) or maybe someone different
8. more gadgets for bats to use (no Batarang yet)
9. I also want the Narrows to return with a high-security newly built Arkham
10. Another fantastic storyline but thats for Nolan to do
x

artyfin
16th May 2009, 17:31

Yes.

That would be amazing.

I still think Nolan should do Mad Hatter in the next movie and make him into a real creep; maybe focus more on some paedophile issues, as Mad Hatter has a tendancy to kidnap little girls called Alice. This could make such a dark movie, hence fitting the mood that Nolan is trying to create. Maybe incorporate Tweedle Dee/Dum cameos as his bodyguards.

DarkKnightDanny
16th May 2009, 17:32
thing is with using hush,

they would have to introduce is origin,and that means alot of flash backs to brue waynes childhood. which would be identical to the comic's story.not a bad thing but i dont think nolan would go for something like completely referencing the whole of that particuler comic.

artyfin
16th May 2009, 17:34
I really cant wait for the third film (if they do it), i have all the confidence in the world that it could be better than the The Dark Knight because Bale and Nolan cant fail.

Things i hope for in the next one:

1. Batman has more screen time (i felt like he didn't have enough in begins and in knight)
2. New Batmobile
3. Wayne Manor rebuilt with a Bat Cave
4. Batman hunted down by the cops
5. More Gordan and Batman discussions (i love the way these characters communicate with each other)
6. New Villains- Roman Sionis (Black Mask) corrupt rival business man of Bruce Wayne who takes over crime in Gotham. I love Black Mask as a villain in the comics. Riddler could be an ideal choice however not the main villain, he should be employed by Mask to find out who Batman is. Bane could also be a hired hitman who becomes obsessed with Batman. I would also like to see Joker make a return (just because Heath is dead doesn't mean the character has to die with him) in a massive breakout in Arkham towards the end of the film. Two-face should be brought back with that idea of him being in a coma.
7. There is gonna have to be a new love-interest (Catwoman) or maybe someone different
8. more gadgets for bats to use (no Batarang yet)
9. I also want the Narrows to return with a high-security newly built Arkham
10. Another fantastic storyline but thats for Nolan to do
x

Excuse the double post, but this caught my eye. There are Batarangs; they were used in Batman Begins. They're really little and no the classic 'boomerang' shape. He uses one to scare the drug traffickers in Begins, right before getting Falconi.

xKILLINGxJOKERx
16th May 2009, 17:36
Excuse the double post, but this caught my eye. There are Batarangs; they were used in Batman Begins. They're really little and no the classic 'boomerang' shape. He uses one to scare the drug traffickers in Begins, right before getting Falconi.

i mean the ones like in the comics and in the game. :lol:
i loved those in batman begins though

Joker's Laughing Place
16th May 2009, 20:05

You wont like my script then...lol

Holiday
16th May 2009, 23:02
i dont really have any ideas about a third film, but i am sick of people who tell me that Jonny Depp will be the Riddler. What is the obsession with this rumour? Is it even a good cast?

I want Nolan to be done with his ultra realistic take on Batman, so the Warner Brothers and DC can start to release a franchise that can be really true to the comics, without people going "oh thats unrealistic."

Example-
Joker in comics (example from The Killing Joke and Batman R.I.P) Looks frickin mental with his huge disturbing smile, slick green hair, white skin and truly insane evil look.
"Real Life" Joker- Sadistic and Cruel Thug who has a Glasgow smile and wears "war paint to scare people".
I dont have a problem with Nolans Joker (thought it fitted his universe perfectly), but thats not the Joker that i grew up with, (cant get the first comic image i ever saw of the Joker, from that "Laughing Fish" comic, where he walks in to his first victims office and the "HAHAHA's" are swirling around him) and i hate it when people spout that this is the best interpretation of the Joker ever (Fanboys), it really annoys me.

I suppose for a third film I would like to see (as mentioned before) a reminder for the audience as to why Bruce is Batman (A rose at Crime Alley or his parents grave, which i dont think we have seen yet). Nolan can then put in his realistic Edward Nygma and his Bane who is addicted to a prototype (and banned) steroid called Venom or whatever. After that, i want DC to get comic book writers to write the stories for a brand new Batman franchise, which would just be the Adventures of Batman (stand alone stories that can all tie in with eachother, like the Harry Potter Books) , where we can have Poison Ivy take controll of Superman or have Clayface mess up The Caped Crusaders Rep.

just my 0.0131970p (approx 2cents)

Also, Zak Snyder needs to get his butt in gear, 300 and Watchmen were great, now lets see him pull off The Dark Knight Returns, Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on a Serious Earth or (PREPARE FOR SHOCK): Batman: R.I.P

<Holiday wishes to apologize for the length of his post, if you have a problem with this though, he can arrange a meeting with you on the 31st October 2009, where he will show you his .22 calibre pistol with baby bottle silencer>

Zacman
16th May 2009, 23:08
<Holiday wishes to apologize for the length of his post, if you have a problem with this though, he can arrange a meeting with you on the 31st October 2009, where he will show you his .22 calibre pistol with baby bottle silencer>
lol

Drazar
16th May 2009, 23:17
I don't see why people are saying Two-Face is a mob villain, sure he is in the cartoon and comics but in the movie he was an anti-hero going by his own justice system, he was basicly a lawyer gone bad. :p Joker was the more gangster type and it would fit to have someone follow him, to show that the freaks are TAKING over the criminal food-chain of gotham, that there isn't nomore the italians, african-americans, russians and chinese, its the freaks.

Riddling Artist
17th May 2009, 18:42
I would love it if they had Johnny Depp to act the Riddler, that would actually be really amazing.
:D

little late on this quote but anyway... i think its jim carreys time to shine as the riddler again. except this time make him more serious (he can pull it off, just watch the number 23)

Kai Rei
17th May 2009, 18:58
*Shoot's Riddling Artist*

Drazar
17th May 2009, 19:16
Riddling Artist has a point, you can see the sheer determination on the mystery of the number 23 his character had.

Samtheman53
17th May 2009, 19:31
would really like to see if mr freeze can be pulled off in nolans universe

Riddling Artist
17th May 2009, 19:43
*Shoot's Riddling Artist*

you know you want to see Jim carrey jump back into the spandex :rasp:

stoobytoons
17th May 2009, 20:06
THIS IS WHAT I WANT.

No.
Dead.
Villains.

I've been going back and forth with the guy over at Batman on Film; I'm just not happy that Nolan killed off Two-Face.

Riddling Artist
17th May 2009, 22:20
well stoobytoons. i wasn't all that happy with it but would you rather have a psycho running around gotham shooting people demanding whats "right" and possibly eventually killing gordon, or gordons family?

Drazar
17th May 2009, 22:23
Two-Face was more of an anti-hero anyhow in the movie, if he han't died for his actions Gotham's spirit would have losen alot. Batman 3's theme is obviously the possibilities of redemption and showing how psychotic and determined Batman is on to his mission, so thats why i find Black Mask a posing villain or the Riddler.

Zombie-Gamer
17th May 2009, 22:30
THIS IS WHAT I WANT.

No.
Dead.
Villains.

I know what you mean why is it that in almost every superhero movie the villains are killed off.

Riddling Artist
17th May 2009, 23:19
meh. im okay with it... as long as it was for a purpose. but i think we could all see that in spider-man gren goblin was going to die.

stoobytoons
17th May 2009, 23:35
meh. im okay with it... as long as it was for a purpose. but i think we could all see that in spider-man gren goblin was going to die.

In the Spider-Man books, Green Goblin dies shortly after he kills Gwen Stacy... a lot like the film only Mary Jane didn't croak.

stoobytoons
17th May 2009, 23:38
well stoobytoons. i wasn't all that happy with it but would you rather have a psycho running around gotham shooting people demanding whats "right" and possibly eventually killing gordon, or gordons family?

I'd rather have a Gotham that actually needs a Batman, yes. :rolleyes:

Riddling Artist
18th May 2009, 00:00
Gotham already need sbatman lol hes the hero they need and deserve atm according to gordon:D

The Joker 1
18th May 2009, 00:24
I want The Joker, me, back and I want him to fall to his death, like whe should on The Dark Knight! you know, I saw Star Trek today and I think Chris Pine could do The Joker. Only suggesting. Don't fight please Haaaa,ha,ha,ha,haaa!

Riddling Artist
18th May 2009, 01:06
.... really starting to creep me out "joker" if that is indeed your real name

The Joker 1
18th May 2009, 01:08
Why is that?:rolleyes:

Riddling Artist
18th May 2009, 01:27
cuz every time you post something you laugh afterwards.... it just seems creepy to me...:p

The Joker 1
18th May 2009, 01:28
Of Course, i'm The Joker, He,he,he,ha,ha,haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!:rasp::lmao:

Riddling Artist
18th May 2009, 01:29
i really doubt that... unless heath ledger suddenly became a zombie and started posting on this site in his joker makeup lol

The Joker 1
18th May 2009, 01:32
I not necesarily need to be Heath Ledger or use a Heath Ledger picture to be The Joker. I just want people to know that I go with the era, HAAAAAAAA,ha,ha,ha,haaaaaa!!!:lmao:

Riddling Artist
18th May 2009, 01:39
so your'e like 60 right?

The Joker 1
18th May 2009, 02:55
so your'e like 60 right?

No, but didn't someone told you that you can't ask the age of other?

Riddling Artist
18th May 2009, 03:10
i want asking your age. i was saying that since you were "the joker" and the jokers been around aince like the 1940's that youd be 60. get it?

The Joker 1
18th May 2009, 03:33
I understood it. i just wanted to make laugh but it didn't

Riddling Artist
18th May 2009, 04:01
oh lol:D

The Joker 1
18th May 2009, 04:49
Yeah!!!:lol::lmao:

Joker's Laughing Place
18th May 2009, 12:14
If The Riddler makes his second appearance to the big screen in Nolan's next film, i want to see something other than the innocent, non-violent Riddler we're used to. I picture Nolan's Riddler as more of a serial-killer type, using his unique intricate riddles to set traps that kill people or put people in extreme danger. To pay homage to his 'non-violent' approach to crime, he wouldnt hurt anyone directly, but make it to where they harm themselves, similar to Jigsaw. He would keep his quirky 'paranoid schitzo with OCD' attitude and appear harmless when confronted, but his expertise in mechanics and technology is what makes him a threat.

In my script, no details are worked out and nothing is set in stone, but basically he's gonna start off as plain, quirky Edward Nygma, who ends up getting the short end of the stick when Gotham goes down the crapper due to death of Harvey Dent and Batman's disappearance. He loses his job as an engineer which spirals him into depression. But when his pregnant wife is killed by gang activity, he is driven over the edge. From the negative media on Batman from past events, his paranoia gets the best of him and he becomes obsessed with blaming Batman for causing the fall in Gotham and his failed life. He goes to a maternity ward at a hospital and threatens to kill the newborns, preventing families from having their children as Batman prevented him from having his. He is then arrested and taken to Arkham Asylum.

During his time in Arkham, he becomes influenced by limited contact from The Joker, and becomes part of a bigger plan. When released from Arkham by Dr. Quinzeel a year or so later when my story will take place, he finds that his obsession with bringing down Batman has not been cured. Influenced by The Joker's madness, he takes on the personality of The Riddler, leaving riddles around Gotham as terrorist acts, taking innocent lives indirectly and calling out Batman to do something about it. His biggest threat is that he knows how to set loose prisoners from Arkham and wreck havoc upon Gotham City.

Meanwhile, The Joker is working the second half of his plan from the inside, convincing Dr. Quinzeel that she is not as sane as she claims, and that he is worth helping with this plan to set Arkham loose. Eventually, Dr. Quinzeel loses her sanity and becomes Harley Quinn, working with the terrorist that the media has coined 'The Riddler' into unleashing the ultimate attack on Gotham City, leaving Bruce to his biggest challenge of whether or not Gotham is ready for Batman again. To stay true to her, she will have the same backstory of being influenced by sessions with The Joker, and will be driven mad to believe he is in love with her, and that this plan she is doing is an act of love for him...even though he doesnt shw the same affection. Eventually she'll question this faith and go back and forth between trusting The Joker and tipping Batman.

As for Bruce, he tries to seperate himself from Batman, bringing out the Dark Knight once in a blue moon to stop the thief Catwoman from burglarizing various locations, including his own home. Catwoman tauts Batman as a shell of the hero he once was. Her taunts as well as threats from The Riddler challenges Bruce to slowly fully become Batman once again as Gotham starts calling for him, causing him to reconsider wedding and even coming clean with his identity to his new love interest, Selina Kyle.

Again the details arent worked out, it will take a lot of planning to make that plot a lot better than it sounds. But basically thats how i want it to all work out in a nutshell. I'm open to suggestions on how it will all play out, just none that will deviate too far from the basics of what i have.

Drazar
18th May 2009, 12:21
Your Riddler's origin is way too radical, he isnt a tragic character who lost his family or anything. He is an egoitic narccisit who beleives inhimself above all, and has a huge compulsion for Riddles. You do not need some added drama about some wife and so forth, and Nolan has so far been pretty loyal with all character origin's. Sure he used gasoline in Two-Face but acid burns thru the skull so i found the reason well reasoned.

To me if Nolan adds the Riddler its going to be some internet-terrorist who releases the riddles via the web and has alot of explosions and whatnot around Gotham city.

Joker's Laughing Place
18th May 2009, 12:26
Your Riddler's origin is way too radical, he isnt a tragic character who lost his family or anything. He is an egoitic narccisit who beleives inhimself above all, and has a huge compulsion for Riddles. You do not need some added drama about some wife and so forth, and Nolan has so far been pretty loyal with all character origin's. Sure he used gasoline in Two-Face but acid burns thru the skull so i found the reason well reasoned.

To me if Nolan adds the Riddler its going to be some internet-terrorist who releases the riddles via the web and has alot of explosions and whatnot around Gotham city.

The egotistical aspect can come into play as to why he believes he deserves better than what fate (or in his mind, Batman) caused and would definitely show, as well as his compulsion for riddles, when he takes on full identity of The Riddler.

Drazar
18th May 2009, 12:32
Yeah i understand that, but i just don't like the whole "sympathy tragic" idea revolving Riddler. I mean those sympathic tragic guys in Batman villain gallery are Harvey Dent, Mr. Freeze and in somewhat Harley Quinn.

Joker's Laughing Place
18th May 2009, 12:37
yea i getcha. i just think it gives him more of a motive to target Batman than just a 'im a genious' attitude. Something else has to go with it. open for any better suggestions on a backstory, just as long as i keep his ties in with Arkham

Drazar
18th May 2009, 12:42
Try and get a backstory that ties in with his crazyness on the riddles. Heres a short synopis on Edwad's childhood:

Edward was born into a broken home, his mother was absent and his father was abusive. When Edward was a young boy he became excited at the idea of winning a puzzle contest at school. To increase his likelihood of winning Edward sneaks into school during the night and practices the puzzle until he can solve it with ease. He ends up winning and is awarded a riddle book. Since that time he has mastered puzzles, mindgames and riddles. Edward was profoundly intelligent and would pass tests with apparent ease, something his father out of jealousy couldn't or wouldn't believe, and therefore attributed his success to cheating (supposedly catching him once) and beat him repeatedly so he'll not lie and stay out of trouble. Out of the abuse Edward developed a compulsion he has became known for, he constantly endeavors to tell the truth to prove his innocence. This is where his obsession with riddles comes from. Unfortunately the abuse is also a main factor that drove him to a life of crime

I also recall he killed his own father and Batman suspects that he leaves the riddles after each crime out of guilt, in a form of hoping to get caught. Boy would you imagen Riddler being this complex? :P

Joker's Laughing Place
18th May 2009, 13:43
ooo i like! maybe killing his father is why he's in Arkham. Then his obsession with Batman when he gets out is because Batman is considered one big riddle. he wants to find out what makes Batman who he is, and in order to do that, he has to come out of hiding. the tie with Harley is that he was a former patient of hers, and The Joker has been messin with him while they were both admitted, hence Riddler's curiousity of The Bat, so he uses him as to prove that Harley failed him, therefore speeding up her insantity and including him on the plan to unleash Arkham on Gotham. hmm...now my brain is doing that thing where it thinks...

The Joker 1
18th May 2009, 18:22
That is crazier that usual, HE,hehahahaha!!!:lmao: the Riddler is not a Psychopathic killer, he's just a coward man who wants money and to kill Batman. If he can, HEEE,he,he,ha,ha,haaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DarkKnightDanny
18th May 2009, 18:25
That is crazier that usual, HE,hehahahaha!!!:lmao: the Riddler is not a Psychopathic killer, he's just a coward man who wants money and to kill Batman. If he can, HEEE,he,he,ha,ha,haaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao::lol::lol::lol::lol:

wow,i think this will be the first time i ignore someone on these forums

SammiiDoogles
18th May 2009, 18:27
wow,i think this will be the first time i ignore someone on these forums

i know, he's pretty annoying

The Joker 1
18th May 2009, 18:32
Your welcome, gentlemen, Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,ha,ha,haa! :lmao: At least I don't insult people and I don't get that mad when they say things to me. I only laugh about it. Life is too short for being mad all the time

Drazar
18th May 2009, 18:34
Keep it on topic atleast. Also the Riddler you described is perfectly wrong but if your trying to troll here you better watch it unless you like forum bans. :p

DarkKnightDanny
18th May 2009, 18:34
Your welcome, gentlemen, Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,ha,ha,haa! :lmao: At least I don't insult people and I don't get that mad when they say things to me. I only laugh about it. Life is too short for being mad all the time

youre just spamming threads all the time with pointless "laughing" wake up. youre not the joker

The Joker 1
18th May 2009, 18:36
Ok.ok. I just put my opinion on what I think. Don't don't say I'm not The Joker again, please. Let's get back to the topic and forget it.

SamStar42
18th May 2009, 18:53
Don't don't say I'm not The Joker again, please.

But...you're not. :scratch:

Kai Rei
18th May 2009, 18:57
And remember kid's: Crack cocain is bad for you.

Don't take it.

SammiiDoogles
18th May 2009, 19:00

Don't take it.

lmao

The Joker 1
18th May 2009, 19:17

Don't take it.

What the hell is this? Circus wild park? And that was not so funny for me, but, It's your opinion:rasp:

Drazar
18th May 2009, 19:19
Back on topic....

Anyone who watched Batman Beyond remember the Jokerz? They could make a small cameo around Gotham, i mean if Batman can inspire good men to try and fight crime (sadly with guns tho), why not have Joker give the same effect with the criminals? Have them have clown masks to show "tribute" to him, because really. Joker's touch needs to be shown in Batman 3, but it is not needed to have Joker in it.

The Joker 1
18th May 2009, 19:19
But...you're not. :scratch:

Please don't continue. Stop this. Is like is someone calls himself the Green Goblin and other people call him whatever they want. Respect my name !!!!!!!!!!!!!:rasp: Let me be what I want to be please. Stay with the topic

SammiiDoogles
18th May 2009, 19:33
Please don't continue. Stop this. Is like is someone calls himself the Green Goblin and other people call him whatever they want. Respect my name !!!!!!!!!!!!!:rasp: Let me be what I want to be please. Stay with the topic
Have you considered seeing a doctor, i think you have "Fictional Character Complex"
Cus um... you're not the joker...

Back on topic....

Anyone who watched Batman Beyond remember the Jokerz? They could make a small cameo around Gotham, i mean if Batman can inspire good men to try and fight crime (sadly with guns tho), why not have Joker give the same effect with the criminals? Have them have clown masks to show "tribute" to him, because really. Joker's touch needs to be shown in Batman 3, but it is not needed to have Joker in it.

I Think thats a good idea, its quite an original idea too :)

The Joker 1
18th May 2009, 19:36
[QUOTE=SammiiDoogles;995897]Have you considered seeing a doctor, i think you have "Fictional Character Complex"
Cus um... you're not the joker...

Stop it please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop. Forget about me. I don't need a doctor. I don't need a psychiatrist. I won't say anything anymore, ok? Thanks

Drazar
18th May 2009, 19:39
The_Joker_1 just stop replying to these things and its over, and yeah that doesn't DO NOT reply to _this very post your right now reading_. Please :P

But yeah theres plenty of ideas for Batman 3 but what kinda ending do people wish? An happy ending or a classical 89 ending with Batman on top of a building looking onto the Batsymbol or what?

SammiiDoogles
18th May 2009, 19:46
The_Joker_1 just stop replying to these things and its over, and yeah that doesn't DO NOT reply to _this very post your right now reading_. Please :P

But yeah theres plenty of ideas for Batman 3 but what kinda ending do people wish? An happy ending or a classical 89 ending with Batman on top of a building looking onto the Batsymbol or what?

I Reckon it Should end with Some epic speech from batman (normal voice though would be good)

Batman being on top of some huge rooftop with the camera slowly panning from a distant angle around batman slowly getting closer with the speech going over the top as non diegetic sound, Saying about the criminals in the city, and how his crusade against crime will never come to an end, and all that stuff, and then he just jumps off and glides into the screen for the credits to roll with the dramatic music :)

DarkKnightDanny
18th May 2009, 22:34
well im thinking along the lines of an ending where bruce finally finishes bruce manor/has the classic batmobile,im not very good with portraying my thoughts so sorry in advance, but you know. an ending that finishes on batman finally knowing what his role in gotham is.

hope you people can mind read lol:(

Riddling Artist
19th May 2009, 02:01
well... i think thought that batman always knew what his role was supposed to be in gotham?

thebatman226
19th May 2009, 02:10
I Reckon it Should end with Some epic speech from batman (normal voice though would be good)

Batman being on top of some huge rooftop with the camera slowly panning from a distant angle around batman slowly getting closer with the speech going over the top as non diegetic sound, Saying about the criminals in the city, and how his crusade against crime will never come to an end, and all that stuff, and then he just jumps off and glides into the screen for the credits to roll with the dramatic music :)

thats a sick idea ^

KillerCroc
19th May 2009, 02:24
If I would want to see any movie, I would want it to include Hush as the main villain, and Croc as the minor villain. Kind of like how they did Joker and Two-Face in the Dark Knight.

EliteF50
19th May 2009, 02:27
If I would want to see any movie, I would want it to include Hush as the main villain, and Croc as the minor villain. Kind of like how they did Joker and Two-Face in the Dark Knight.

I'd love a movie with Bane and Croc as the main villains.

Batman would get his ass whooped left and right. :lol:

KillerCroc
19th May 2009, 02:30
I'd love a movie with Bane and Croc as the main villains.

Batman would get his ass whooped left and right. :lol: Yeah, but two powerhouses in one movie would be kind of boring. What about Croc and Penguin? Or maybe Amygdala and Penguin, it would be interesting, make a cool animated movie featuring Bane, Croc, and Hush.

Riddling Artist
19th May 2009, 02:35
i think that hush would fit in perfectly with the nolan films. i think that nolan isnt trying to have well known characters in his films so not a lot ofe people know about hush's origins and what he does (and im one of them)

Drazar
19th May 2009, 08:41
Hush wouldn't work, too much backstory to explain from both Jeph Loeb story + Paul Dini's. Not to mention Hush having a drugged hospital and whatnot in Gotham would be far fetched to be honest.

The Joker 1
20th May 2009, 01:19
I think that the next villains for the next Batman film would be The Riddler and The Penguin, if any, cause Christopher Nolan said that he didn't plan The Dark Knight, but he wanted to do a movie with The Joker, so. Nicholas Cage wanted to do a Batman villain, but I can't think on any. Paul Giamatti and Dustin Seymore Hoffman are planned to do The Penguin. Maybe Catwoman might be good.

Darkboy
20th May 2009, 03:03
I have a feeling people would already have said all this, but put simply,

- more Arkham Asylum
- Wayne Manor rebuilt
- A new girl/love interest; Selina Kyle, Talia Al Ghul?
- Return of Two-Face/Joker
- If not, Hush and/or Bane
- Carmine Falcone getting out of Arkham
- Keep the all-black batsuit

That's the most I can think of for now.

Boy, am I picky : <

The Joker 1
20th May 2009, 03:39
Falcone died. They changed the actor in The Dark Knight dude. That was the man that Two-Face went with in the car and then Two-Face shot the driver and the car crashed. I should put The Joker back, but neither Two-Face, cause he falled from a very tall place. And Aaron Eckhart asked Cristopher Nolan if he was still alive and Cristopher said that Two-Face was toast.

Drazar
20th May 2009, 04:57
Falcone died. They changed the actor in The Dark Knight dude. That was the man that Two-Face went with in the car and then Two-Face shot the driver and the car crashed. I should put The Joker back, but neither Two-Face, cause he falled from a very tall place. And Aaron Eckhart asked Cristopher Nolan if he was still alive and Cristopher said that Two-Face was toast.

Falcone is in Arkham, Maroni is presumed dead for not having a seat belt on but it hasn't been shown whenever or not he survived.

The Joker 1
20th May 2009, 05:01
Falcone is in Arkham, Maroni is presumed dead for not having a seat belt on but it hasn't been shown whenever or not he survived.

Oh, right.:rolleyes:

Drazar
20th May 2009, 08:50
So what kinda title do people wish for Batman 3? I always liked these suggestions:
- Gotham
- Gotham City
- Batman Redemption
- Gotham Knight
- The Caped Crusader

Just some ideas thrown to keep the discussion going. ^^

SammiiDoogles
20th May 2009, 09:18
I Want them to Reference the fact that Joker is in Arkham.
Seeing as there apparently was meant to be a third featuring Heath as the Joker continuing his role, and Nolan wanted to keep the joker for more than one film, and even critisized burton for killing off the joker, So i really think he should be atleast referenced.

I Think he should be mentioned, atleast to show he still exists in the Nolan universe, maybe even show him, like a lookalike from behind in a cell or something, just something to let us know Mr.J is still around...

Man, i really wish Heath was still around to do Batman3, he was such a good Joker, it would be such a good film :(

Kai Rei
20th May 2009, 09:28
So what kinda title do people wish for Batman 3? I always liked these suggestions:
- Gotham
- Gotham City
- Batman Redemption
- Gotham Knight
- The Caped Crusader

Great name's, Drazar. I like "Redemption" alot.

Ensanguined Walls
20th May 2009, 10:02
- Gotham
- Gotham City
- Batman Redemption
- Gotham Knight
- The Caped Crusader

Batman: The Resurgence
Batman Rising
(Wasn't Gotham Knight the animated film that's already been released?)
Batman: The Darkest Dawn

Gotham City is too bland. It needs to reflect the theme of the third more eloquently, which would probably be Batman's struggles and eventual redemption as the Dark Knight.

The Joker 1
20th May 2009, 23:36
Maybe the next film might me called RMT for Riddle Me This, cause The
Riddler is supposed to be in it.

Drazar
20th May 2009, 23:42
Not supposed, just rumored.

The Joker 1
20th May 2009, 23:48
Not supposed, just rumored.

Well, yeah.

Riddling Artist
21st May 2009, 04:28
lol it hink it should be called Batman: Still No Batnipples

EliteF50
21st May 2009, 04:33
- Gotham
- Gotham City
- Batman Redemption
- Gotham Knight
- The Caped Crusader

I never liked the name "The Caped Crusader", I think it sounds too campy.

Batman Redemption sounds good, though.

Joker's Laughing Place
21st May 2009, 06:25
I like Batman: Before Dawn. It goes with the 'Night is darkest before dawn' 'The Dark Knight' came before 'Before Dawn.' Get it?

Drazar
22nd May 2009, 15:46
Since i've always expressed how i want Batman 3 to deal about his Batman persona, i remembered a scene from Batman & Son arc where Alfred and Bruce are discussing, it goes like this:

Alfred: I hope you don't mind me saying so, sir but... that growl your voice... the one you used to have to practice before you went out as Batman.

Bruce: mm.

Alfred (looking sad): You're doing it all the time sir.

Really i love the ideas around Batman vs. Black Mask in both Gotham power & Identity crisis they both share, eventually Black Mask succumbs to his Black Mask persona but Bruce preveals and has control over himself. :)

We Are The Archers
23rd May 2009, 02:06
Maybe the next film might me called RMT for Riddle Me This, cause The
Riddler is supposed to be in it.

Batman: RMT

Sounds freaking stupid.

Each name for this new franchise has a subtle meaning that ties into the story. "Begins", while not to subtle, meant it was obviously the beginning of Batman. The Dark Knight went with the opposing White Knight that Dent was portrayed as. This next movie will have a slightly deeper meaning than "RMT".

With that said, I would love to see the Riddler in the next film. I think the writers could come up with some crazy riddles. I really REALLY don't want Catwoman on there whatsoever. And a cameo of Harley and the Joker would be awesome.

The Joker 1
23rd May 2009, 02:18

Sounds freaking stupid.

Each name for this new franchise has a subtle meaning that ties into the story. "Begins", while not to subtle, meant it was obviously the beginning of Batman. The Dark Knight went with the opposing White Knight that Dent was portrayed as. This next movie will have a slightly deeper meaning than "RMT".

With that said, I would love to see the Riddler in the next film. I think the writers could come up with some crazy riddles. I really REALLY don't want Catwoman on there whatsoever. And a cameo of Harley and the Joker would be awesome.

Well, for the guy that made a movie with it, it wasn't stupid so, Don't talk about that name being Stupid buddy, please!:D

XxScarecrowxX
23rd May 2009, 04:25

Sounds freaking stupid.

i want to see the riddler also but i also want scarecrow to have a larger role because he didnt do much in the dark knight

The Joker 1
23rd May 2009, 04:33
i want to see the riddler also but i also want scarecrow to have a larger role because he didnt do much in the dark knight

Ha,ha!!! He was like an extra in The Dark Knight. But Scarecrow is settled. He was arrested, just like The Joker.

GR1NG0_SU4V3
23rd May 2009, 04:34

well I think he kind of had his break in Begins.
Scarecrow has never been a major baddie like Joker or anything,
but more of quick flash in the pan so to speak.
He got what he wanted out of the deal with the mob and Ra's and got busted.
Any of his stories in B:TAS and comics is proof he was never a big schemer with multilayed plans, he's more of a get what he wants and get kind of guy.

As for the next movie,
I'd love to see Riddler done Nolan style,
but I'd prefer someone a little lesser known to play the part.
All this Johnny Depp talk doesn't convince me one bit.
Financially, get choice; artistically, I'm sure there are much better.

XxScarecrowxX
23rd May 2009, 04:36
Any of his stories in B:TAS and comics is proof he was never a big schemer with multilayed plans, he's more of a get what he wants and get kind of guy.

As for the next movie,

they would probably pick someone well known to get more people to see the movie

The Joker 1
23rd May 2009, 04:42

As for the next movie,

Johnny Depp would not do a bad job. But, I'm getting a little afraid and Christian Bale does too, because Nolan, I think that got a little tired of Batman. Christian Bale is scared because he signed a contract of making more Batman movies and if Nolan doesn't want to do another one, he says that he has another plan. Well, hope this Nolan gets cranky when another director wants to make the third Batman movie and Nolan will quickly begin the third one.

So I'll dress up and say I am a director and say: " I'm going to finish what Nolan started"
Then, Nolan will return to finish the third Batman movie. It's just jealousy. Nolan thinks: "I'm the only director around here!"

GR1NG0_SU4V3
23rd May 2009, 05:07
they would probably pick someone well known to get more people to see the movie

See, I don't think that'd be necessary.
After the numbers TDK had,
people are hooked.
Initially it was the big name stars and the ARG that got them interested,
but now they have a story to finish.
Simply marketing the movie as the next in the franchise would be more than enough.

As for Nolan's return,
he doesn't strike me as a director that'd leave loose ends.
Batman is on the run and is the scapegoat for the cop killings.
He needs to redeem himself and be what he is in other media outlets,
a vigilante, but a needed one.
Nolan is probably just tired of all the hype and hard work and just needs a break.
I doubt we'll see a new Batman movie until 2012.
Expect a Nolan flick in the gap just so he can get the creative juices flowing again.

Johnny Depp would not do a bad job.

I don't think so either,
but it seems gimmicky.
"Hey look! It's Johnny Depp! Ladies love Captian Jack!"
The movie doesn't need rep,
it needs good actors.
Depp has some fantastic roles,
but it seems like he's more of [Inser Famous Name Here] kind of actor at this point.
I hope that his new movie Public Enemies will make him an actor again and not just a name.

The Joker 1
23rd May 2009, 05:17
See, I don't think that'd be necessary.
After the numbers TDK had,
people are hooked.
Initially it was the big name stars and the ARG that got them interested,
but now they have a story to finish.
Simply marketing the movie as the next in the franchise would be more than enough.

As for Nolan's return,
he doesn't strike me as a director that'd leave loose ends.
Batman is on the run and is the scapegoat for the cop killings.
He needs to redeem himself and be what he is in other media outlets,
a vigilante, but a needed one.
Nolan is probably just tired of all the hype and hard work and just needs a break.
I doubt we'll see a new Batman movie until 2012.
Expect a Nolan flick in the gap just so he can get the creative juices flowing again.

I don't think so either,
but it seems gimmicky.
"Hey look! It's Johnny Depp! Ladies love Captian Jack!"
The movie doesn't need rep,
it needs good actors.
Depp has some fantastic roles,
but it seems like he's more of [Inser Famous Name Here] kind of actor at this point.
I hope that his new movie Public Enemies will make him an actor again and not just a name.

Well, I think that meanwhile Nolan plans doing the movie or not, we could create our own story with toys, Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa,ha,ha,ha,haaa! Big men playing with toys! :lol:

Drazar
24th May 2009, 15:53
Pennyworth named user did this in Superherohype.com i dig it alot:
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/1440/gothamcityxiv1024.jpg

Joker's Laughing Place
24th May 2009, 16:05
is that supposed to be Two-Face? Its on the wrong side...

Drazar
24th May 2009, 16:08
Its Black Mask.

Hush88
24th May 2009, 16:16
Personally for the sequel I would love to see Black Mask. He's a very interesting character that fits in perfectly with Nolan's universe and he hasn't been done in any film yet. He could also be used to show how Gotham's mob and criminal enterprises are slowing becoming manned by "freaks" instead of the regular gangsters we've seen up till now.

Bane or Riddler would also be nice and I know Nolan has said Penguin and Catwoman wouldn't mesh well but I just don't see how they couldn't per say. Maybe a few small cameos of some lesser known villians would be cool. I read where someone was talking about a Harley Quinn with a glasgow smile leading a group of joker immitators, or maybe ventriloquist and scarface or a disillusioned schizo (Mad Hatter) holding up a bank in the beginning. They wouldn't be consistent antagonists throughout the film just little goodies for the fans to enjoy kind of like Zsasz in Batman Begins.

Drazar
24th May 2009, 16:20
Totally agreed on Black Mask taking over the gangsters, i remember the gossip that Black Mask was even rumored to be in The Dark Knight but ofcourrse the story was rather about Harvey, Batman & Joker.

Darkboy
24th May 2009, 16:33
One of my friends is crazy about wanting Black Mask to pop up in the next movie. IMO I don't think this would be too bad of an idea. After all it's realistic enough for Nolan, and it'd present a nice challenge for both Bruce Wayne and Batman, given their relation before Roman became Black Mask and all.

I still vie for both Hush and Bane, and I'd also like to see Two-Face make a comeback. He could be a secret prisoner at Arkham, then escape and wreak havoc as Gotham learns what he has really become.

This might be a little too over the heads of some, but I think Mr. Freeze would do very well in Nolan's universe if they did it right. They could have him not in that silly suit or with a freeze gun, but somehow his crimes could relate to coldness. Maybe he'd be a scientist who tries to preserve his wife with cryogenetic suspension, and when his boss shuts him down like in BTAS, he gets pissed and tries to get revenge. By having cold-related crimes, I don't mean silly, gimmicky stuff. Maybe he tortures people by freezing them to death or tries to preserve valuable items in ice. I don't know. Nolan could figure it out.

And, of course, everyone's all over the Riddler as far as I'm concerned. Personally I'm not too crazy about him, but Nolan would make him awesome somehow.

Oh, and rumors were flying about for the Penguin too. Of course this is old news. But I think if he does show up, he should be really deformed. Like, a dwarf with hypohydrotic ectodernal dysplasia (anyone who knows The Elephant Man, or Pluto in The Hills Have Eyes will know what this is; if not, you guys look it up on Wikipedia) and being morbidly obese, who was cast away for his hideous looks. He could be somewhat like he was in Batman Returns (I loved that sick subplot of him wanting to kill all the firstborn sons in Gotham) but without all the unrealistic gadgets. I still think some kind of umbrella gun would be really sick. If Penguin were to make it in I'd want him to have some kind of underworld crime ring; he is no doofus. Perhaps he would run an illegal gambling den. An even sicker twist would be if he was the owner of a brothel; this could make an easy tie-in for Catwoman if Nolan wanted to portray her as a prostitute. Oh, hell, we're all hearkening back to the old movies, aren't we?

Drazar
24th May 2009, 16:44
One of my friends is crazy about wanting Black Mask to pop up in the next movie. IMO I don't think this would be too bad of an idea. After all it's realistic enough for Nolan, and it'd present a nice challenge for both Bruce Wayne and Batman, given their relation before Roman became Black Mask and all.

Exactly, its the perfect psyhological challange and also Gotham's playboy power prince too with Wayne companies vs. Roman's.

I still vie for both Hush and Bane, and I'd also like to see Two-Face make a comeback. He could be a secret prisoner at Arkham, then escape and wreak havoc as Gotham learns what he has really become.

How could Two-Face be a secret prisoner? I mean thats so moral breaking in way too many ways it destroys both Batman and Gordon's reputation. Hush's past requires too much time and its still meh, since its basicly just "hurr i hate you bruce for ruining my childhood, hurr". Bane could work efficiently. :D Either have him hired by the Mob or the cops. :) ;)

This might be a little too over the heads of some, but I think Mr. Freeze would do very well in Nolan's universe if they did it right. They could have him not in that silly suit or with a freeze gun, but somehow his crimes could relate to coldness. Maybe he'd be a scientist who tries to preserve his wife with cryogenetic suspension, and when his boss shuts him down like in BTAS, he gets pissed and tries to get revenge. By having cold-related crimes, I don't mean silly, gimmicky stuff. Maybe he tortures people by freezing them to death or tries to preserve valuable items in ice. I don't know. Nolan could figure it out.

Yeah Nolan could work nicely, it would be far fetched but thats the beaty of hyper-realism, anything can work with a imagination and realistic equipment.

And, of course, everyone's all over the Riddler as far as I'm concerned. Personally I'm not too crazy about him, but Nolan would make him awesome somehow.

Internet terrorist who leaves riddles. Best way to make him work.

Oh, and rumors were flying about for the Penguin too. Of course this is old news. But I think if he does show up, he should be really deformed. Like, a dwarf with hypohydrotic ectodernal dysplasia (anyone who knows The Elephant Man, or Pluto in The Hills Have Eyes will know what this is; if not, you guys look it up on Wikipedia) and being morbidly obese, who was cast away for his hideous looks. He could be somewhat like he was in Batman Returns (I loved that sick subplot of him wanting to kill all the firstborn sons in Gotham) but without all the unrealistic gadgets. I still think some kind of umbrella gun would be really sick. If Penguin were to make it in I'd want him to have some kind of underworld crime ring; he is no doofus. Perhaps he would run an illegal gambling den. An even sicker twist would be if he was the owner of a brothel; this could make an easy tie-in for Catwoman if Nolan wanted to portray her as a prostitute. Oh, hell, we're all hearkening back to the old movies, aren't we?

Penquin isn't disgusting looking, hes just a fat person with a pointy nose. He could have a small role as a gun launderer owning the Iceberg club.

Hush88
24th May 2009, 17:49
Exactly, its the perfect psyhological challange and also Gotham's playboy power prince too with Wayne companies vs. Roman's.

How could Two-Face be a secret prisoner? I mean thats so moral breaking in way too many ways it destroys both Batman and Gordon's reputation. Hush's past requires too much time and its still meh, since its basicly just "hurr i hate you bruce for ruining my childhood, hurr". Bane could work efficiently. :D Either have him hired by the Mob or the cops. :) ;)

Yeah Nolan could work nicely, it would be far fetched but thats the beaty of hyper-realism, anything can work with a imagination and realistic equipment.

Internet terrorist who leaves riddles. Best way to make him work.

Penquin isn't disgusting looking, hes just a fat person with a pointy nose. He could have a small role as a gun launderer owning the Iceberg club.

One of the best scenarios I've heard is Riddler being hired by the mob or the cops to figure out Batman's identity, similar to how he was used in the Long Halloween, which has been one of Nolan's primary inspirations thus far and during the process he is pushed over the edge and winds up becoming a liability. I just don't think cyber-terrorism could entertain me for a 2 hour period.

I agree totally about Hush though. I love the character but they would have to install a whole lot of backstory to make it work.

Also, I know this has been said before, but Bane would make quite the nice physical challenge for Batman who hasn't really had the fire beaten out of him in hand to hand combat yet. Personally I think that would be a nice touch. Although if they did Bane he would have to be portrayed as the intellectual strategist that he is in the comics. This would also provide a nice counter to Batman's wits. You get two for the price of one basically.

Throw in Black Mask and you've got a party. Although they should keep it to just two villians. Three is way to much with little time to properly explore each character (Spiderman 3)

Drazar
24th May 2009, 17:56
Batman movies always had 3 villains and its all about using the time correct, the mob is an ENEMY and is counted with the more comic known ones such as Joker and Two-Face. Really Sony just forced Venom in Spider-man 3 but Warner Brothers already has suffered from forcing things into Batman (joel movies) so yeah.

But yeah you bring good points on Bane & Riddler.

Hush88
24th May 2009, 18:05
What do you guys think about Killer Croc as a potential villian? He was in Gotham Knight which was supposed to bridge the gap between BB and TDK and he did escape. I believe it would be possible for him to be portrayed in a Nolan movie. He could provide the physical challenge Batman needs, similar to Bane, and he could be portrayed as a deranged serial killer that stalks the cities sewers or waterfront. I've also always liked the idea of a maneater and It would be something different and interesting that Nolan could explore.

CaptainMcMulla
24th May 2009, 18:09
What do you guys think about Killer Croc as a potential villian? He was in Gotham Knight which was supposed to bridge the gap between BB and TDK and he did escape. I believe it would be possible for him to be portrayed in a Nolan movie. He could provide the physical challenge Batman needs, similar to Bane, and he could be portrayed as a deranged serial killer that stalks the cities sewers or waterfront. I've also always liked the idea of a maneater and It would be something different and interesting that Nolan could explore.

Thats what i would like to see, a physical challenge for Batman in Nolans franchise

Hush88
24th May 2009, 18:20
Gotham Knight was a perfect set up for it too, if in fact it is being considered as canonical with the two films by Nolan. Excuse the spoiler if you haven't seen it but Croc was flushed away down in the sewer and Batman never caught him. He also had a decent back story that tied in with Scarecrow from BB/TDK. Not to mention, like Black Mask, he hasn't been done before so it would be something refreshing and different.

krew
18th Jun 2009, 22:30
If they do the Riddler they should use A Clockwork Orange for an influence. I want James Gandolfini as the next mobster. he tried out for Sal Maroni so that would be pretty ill.

KillerCroc
18th Jun 2009, 23:10
That would be cool. My only arguement would be that it should be Penguin, Two-Face, and the rising of Black Mask as the next movie. Three way mob wars, you know, total coolness.

NoMoarDedCawpz
19th Jun 2009, 08:55
Zachary Quinto as The Riddler, James Gandolfini as The Penguin and David Wenham as Killer Moth :thumb:

Ryanodamonkey
19th Jun 2009, 12:56
I still like the idea of Knightfall

Batman is at the edge his world is closing in around him. He's nearly lost everything his childhood friend, his house, his respect and is on the brink of losing his mind. He could start seeing a shrink or something (nod to Hugo Strange could be cameo) and becomes very depressed. The police are after him but have to prioritise as new threats (Black Mask and Bane) are emerging, gathering up the underworld through desperation.
The GCPD could face great pressure and Gordan's character be tested to the extreme when his daughter Barbara arrives to help out the GCPD. As an outsider to the new batman exile agenda she sympathises with him and begins an investigation in trying to find out who he is and help him.
On the Villain front, the city begins to fall apart under Black Mask and Bane who are easily mopping up the streets. Tensions between the two begin to merge when Bane wants to change the direction of the plan more towards drug making and supplying and that his guys could bring in a new craze that will make millions. Black Mask however maintains dominance and ensures that they do it the right way. When Batman hears of Barbara's attempts to help him he begins to find hope within Gotham again and agrees to let her help him. He let's her armour up in similar fashion and teaches her how to defend herself from anything but she refuses to be called Batgirl. An attraction grows between them and together they assist Gordan in secret (of course Jim doesn't know she's helping him).
Their first real test is to try and bring down Black Mask at one his arms deals. Batman secretly is instructed to make it easier for the GCPD to capture Black Mask. However things don't go so smoothly as Batman comes face to face with Bane, an admirer of his skills and challenges Batman to fight him. Batman underestimates his natural strength and combat skills and ultimately lose. Barbara arrives but is pinned by Bane who, with Batman watching takes Barbara and breaks her back.

part 2 to be continued

Mani-Man
19th Jun 2009, 13:14
Sounds good but i never liked the fact that barbara gordon got paralyzed.

Ryanodamonkey
19th Jun 2009, 21:57
Sounds good but i never liked the fact that barbara gordon got paralyzed.

I always felt that it would make a powerful image at the cinema Barabra is a great reflection of Gotham itself, once a proud and great symbol of hope but then falling, hard back down to the s**t. Very powerful stuff

EDIT - Im still working on the 2nd half

CaptainMcMulla
19th Jun 2009, 21:59
i would really love to see the penguin again.

Sourpower
20th Jun 2009, 00:10
Personally for any sequel I would like to see a lot of growth to the batman character to showcase more of his detective side. We've seen his origins and his integrity in the previous two outings.

I'd like to see Zsasz perhaps as the face villian for most of the movie. The twist could be that he still has a place high in society and sees the recently villianised batman as a good scapegoat while he satisfies his urge for killing. Perhaps whilst still marking himself after every kill, he also marks a bat symbol to the chest of his victims.

Batman is a downward spiral fighting his demons shunning all his alies to the stage that even gordon has his doubts of batman's innocence.

While Batman is struggling with Zsasz and his own personal demons, a mysterious figure known only as the penquin starts buying up property and companies all around gotham for an unknown purpose..................

Sivart
20th Jun 2009, 03:34
Black & Grey Batsuit
(that isn't a cape 'n helmet thing too)

JawsFanJesse
20th Jun 2009, 05:20
johnny depp as the riddler ?

Ryanodamonkey
20th Jun 2009, 17:00
I still like the idea of Knightfall

Batman is at the edge his world is closing in around him. He's nearly lost everything his childhood friend, his house, his respect and is on the brink of losing his mind. He could start seeing a shrink or something (nod to Hugo Strange could be cameo) and becomes very depressed. The police are after him but have to prioritise as new threats (Black Mask and Bane) are emerging, gathering up the underworld through desperation.
The GCPD could face great pressure and Gordan's character be tested to the extreme when his daughter Barbara arrives to help out the GCPD. As an outsider to the new batman exile agenda she sympathises with him and begins an investigation in trying to find out who he is and help him.
On the Villain front, the city begins to fall apart under Black Mask and Bane who are easily mopping up the streets. Tensions between the two begin to merge when Bane wants to change the direction of the plan more towards drug making and supplying and that his guys could bring in a new craze that will make millions. Black Mask however maintains dominance and ensures that they do it the right way. When Batman hears of Barbara's attempts to help him he begins to find hope within Gotham again and agrees to let her help him. He let's her armour up in similar fashion and teaches her how to defend herself from anything but she refuses to be called Batgirl. An attraction grows between them and together they assist Gordan in secret (of course Jim doesn't know she's helping him).
Their first real test is to try and bring down Black Mask at one his arms deals. Batman secretly is instructed to make it easier for the GCPD to capture Black Mask. However things don't go so smoothly as Batman comes face to face with Bane, an admirer of his skills and challenges Batman to fight him. Batman underestimates his natural strength and combat skills and ultimately lose. Barbara arrives but is pinned by Bane who, with Batman watching takes Barbara and breaks her back.

part 2 to be continued

Continued

Bruce's world begins to fall apart again. Bane has broken not only Batman's spirit but also that of Commissioner Gordan's. The once strong and immovable object that was the police commissioner is broken and has withdrawn from society in grief. Gordan eventually loses it and sets events into motion to take care of Bane and Black Mask once and for all. He visits his daughter in hospital and kisses her asks her for forgiveness and walks out. Un unbeknownst to Gordan, Barbara was awake and immediately after he leaves, with what little strength she has finds her phone and contacts Batman to tell him she thinks her father's going after them (so begins her transformation into oracle). Batman relieved to hear her voice again sets out to track Gordan and stop him.
Batman tracks him to the office building Black Mask is using for his alibi business. He makes it to his penthouse by sneaking past the guards only to be confronted by Batman. They have a tender moment where Gordan vents his frustration towards crime, Gotham and his point of being. Batman eventually manages him to reconsider his decision and they choose to bring him in the right way. Batman and Barbara were able to gather enough evidence from the arms deal before, before they were attacked.
Both men go to arrest him in his office however all they find is Black Mask's limp body sitting in the chair with scotch in one hand and a gun in the other. Pinned to his head is the note "Consider us even". Bane has taken control of the operation and killed Black Mask in the process.
Gotham itself descends into confusion. Gordan has lost his respect as Comissioner and Batman finally gets hunted properly when a hit squad attacks him in the streets. So much so that barely makes it to his house but there, to his surprise, he finds Barbara who explains to him "she knew all along but your secret is safe with her". She explains her condition to him but she still wants to help.
As Bruce Wayne he gets her a job with Lucius Fox for a new project at Wayne enterprises being developed. She gets set up as Batman's new reconaissance expert along with Fox.
On the other side of the coin, Bane is slowly using his new business acquisition to fund his criminal and now drug empire. He makes several raids on various businesses and warehouses in an attempt to lure out the dark knight until finally he sends him a public message in the form of Gordan's severely beaten body. As Bane begins closing in on Batman's identity, Bruce decides to act. However he doesn't go in alone as Barbara is there to help be his external eyes and ears.
Bruce confronts Bane in the agreed location supplied by Gordan and they engage in a n epic fight. Bane uses his strength to his advantage and constantly mocks him whilst pounding on Batman. Barbara becomes his voice of encouragement and reassurance as hie Bryce fights. The fight begins to gather crowds and this only fuels Bane's determination to defeat the bat. As the fight drags on Batman is getting worse and worse and Bane is gloating more and more, he shouts to the crowd "what happens when a knight falls?", stands over Batman and lifts him, Barbara now screaming in his ear to get up but he can barely breathe. "He never rises again" with Bane laughing manicly, Batman has one last grace from Barbara's last words; she says "I love you,". With all the strength he can muster he lifts out his grappling hook and shots it into Bane's kneecaps. Bane collapses in agony while Batman begins to steady himself. He begins to start attacking him and with one almighty kick knocks Bane out cold. He has saved the city once again but at a terrible price.
Bruce and Barbara tie up and Batman finally becomes accepted by Gotham again and the GCPD. Gordan gets his job back and says a famous line like at the end of the last film.

What do you think? IT neeeds some more depth and a few holes fixed but I think the basic plot is pretty good.

batman92193
21st Jun 2009, 06:11
I love batman ever since i was a kid, in the new batman i hope to see a more complex batman . i want to see his anger and his emotions alittle more . but what i really hope to see is more quotes, in the dark night there was so many great moments were you just have to think about whats behind the batman , i love it !!!!!!!!!! I cant wait till the new movie comes out , i know itll be awsome . let me know what you guys think

Ensanguined Walls
21st Jun 2009, 20:22
Nolan needs to avoid the "overstuffed continuation of a popular series" thing. The first two Spiderman films were excellent, but Raimi tried to cram far too much into Spiderman 3, resulting in a film that couldn't balance everything. Nolan needs to find a focus, and that should be Batman's life as an exile. Each villain needs to tie into this storyline, and they can't simply be throwaways. Don't have the Riddler in there just for the sake of seeing him. Make his role in the storyline relevant.

TDK will be an incredibly difficult act to follow, so they need to take their time.

Drazar
21st Jun 2009, 20:23
Nolan needs to avoid the "overstuffed continuation of a popular series" thing. The first two Spiderman films were excellent, but Raimi tried to cram far too much into Spiderman 3, resulting in a film that couldn't balance everything. Nolan needs to find a focus, and that should be Batman's life as an exile. Each villain needs to tie into this storyline, and they can't simply be throwaways. Don't have the Riddler in there just for the sake of seeing him. Make his role in the storyline relevant.

TDK will be an incredibly difficult act to follow, so they need to take their time.

Correction: Sony forced Sam Raimi to put Venom into the movie, so Sony did what Warner Brothers did to Tim Burton serie. ^^

Ensanguined Walls
21st Jun 2009, 20:27
Correction: Sony forced Sam Raimi to put Venom into the movie, so Sony did what Warner Brothers did to Tim Burton serie. ^^

Hmm. I know of instances in which the director of a film was able to force the studio to reconsider, so I dunno if Raimi threw in the towel too easily. In any case, I don't think the Sandman fit in that well, and his Green Goblin storyline with Harry felt a bit...lazy. Venom wasn't the only crippling issue with Spiderman 3.

Drazar
21st Jun 2009, 20:28
Well think of this way: No Venom means:
- More Goblin and Sandman time. =p

I mean you know X-men 3? It was suppose to have Sentry robots (giant robots who hunt mutants) but due to Halle Berry demanding more screentime and money... yeah, see how little things can ruin a movie so easily?

Ensanguined Walls
21st Jun 2009, 20:31

I mean you know X-men 3? It was suppose to have Sentry robots (giant robots who hunt mutants) but due to Halle Berry demanding more screentime and money... yeah, see how little things can ruin a movie so easily?

True. I wasn't aware of Sony's involvement with Venom, but did they also influence Raimi's decision to make Parker so...emo in Spiderman 3? Some of the scenes with Mary Jane (who is victimized far too much in the series to shine as a character) were simply unnecessary, so I don't think all of the blame needs to be on Sony. Raimi made a fair amount of creative failures in the script.

Ryanodamonkey
21st Jun 2009, 21:00

according to me that film never happened it was so atrocious I have erased it from my memory; Vinnie Jones as the Juggernaut?!

On the the topic of Halle Berry she was never a good role for Storm she just wasn't the strong figure she was in the comics and tv series. She should just stay away from superhero films *cough* Catwoman *cough*

Drazar
21st Jun 2009, 21:10
Yeah i never understood Halle Berry, if people didn't care to see her as Catwoman what on her right mind did she think people would care to see her as Storm having much screentime? x_X

Ryanodamonkey
21st Jun 2009, 21:11
Yeah i never understood Halle Berry, if people didn't care to see her as Catwoman what on her right mind did she think people would care to see her as Storm having much screentime? x_X

They kinda buggered the X-men franchise if you ask me apart from Patrick Stewart who was BORN to play Xavier

WarrENDeatH
21st Jun 2009, 21:22
Yeah, Captain Picard was born to play the role of Professior X, in my opinion.

Ensanguined Walls
21st Jun 2009, 21:23
Ian McKellen was also perfect for Magneto. Anyone else agree?

Ryanodamonkey
21st Jun 2009, 21:25
Ian McKellen was also perfect for Magneto. Anyone else agree?

Yes I agree with you there oh

Rogue was also wrong as well

Abeja
22nd Jun 2009, 01:33
They were suppose to have Sentinels in X3? I would have gladly let Storm be out of X3 (maybe bring idk GAMBIT!!). **** Halle Berry, she is sexy as hell but it comes at a price. Show your titties in Swordfish with Hugh but not in the Xmen franchise. Im honestly done with Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

I do agree tho that Stewart/McKellan were PERFECT for their roles. That Magneto spinoff might be pretty ******* sweet if they do it correctly. Hopefully the storyline is a younger Magneto and fighting for mutant rights, along with Xavier.

BTW, Marvel sucks. Im glad I dont waste my money on their comics or movies (excluding Ironman2)

Ensanguined Walls
22nd Jun 2009, 01:46
Ian McKellen originally wasn't going to portray Magneto, but he was attracted to the character's Jewish background and status as a social outcast once he read the script. Since McKellen is gay, he said that he felt a personal connection to the character. In fact, he offered the director script advice during the scene in which Iceman talks to his parents about his real abilities, and said he told them to model it after a "coming out" situation. XD

WarrENDeatH
22nd Jun 2009, 01:48
I never knew McKellen was gay. Thats new information to me...

Also, Anna Paquin didn't have to be a good Rogue, she was just hot. lol

Abeja
22nd Jun 2009, 01:54
Yeah i heard that awhile back, same with Doogie Hooser and George Takei

Drazar
22nd Jun 2009, 01:56
Ian McKellen originally wasn't going to portray Magneto, but he was attracted to the character's Jewish background and status as a social outcast once he read the script. Since McKellen is gay, he said that he felt a personal connection to the character. In fact, he offered the director script advice during the scene in which Iceman talks to his parents about his real abilities, and said he told them to model it after a "coming out" situation. XD

Magneto is one of the greatest villains there is. I mean he did receice #1 villain in the IGN's top 100 villains. =O

I never knew McKellen was gay. Thats new information to me...

Really? It was pretty popular insult to call him "Gandalf the gay" >_> Oh boy was i such a dumbass when i was 14. :(

Ensanguined Walls
22nd Jun 2009, 02:03
Yeah, McKellen is openly gay.

He was supposed to portray Dumbledore after Richard Harris died, but he decided to let Michael Gambon have the role. He thought that Dumbledore was too similar to Gandalf for his liking.

WarrENDeatH
22nd Jun 2009, 02:05
Oh I didn't know that. Just thought he was a good actor, thats all. Hmm, its true you do learn something new everyday. ;)

Why So Serious ?
22nd Jun 2009, 05:26
Christopher Nolan Has Still Not Signed For Batman 3

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/06/17/christopher-nolan-has-still-not-signed-for-batman-3/

WarrENDeatH
22nd Jun 2009, 05:28
Because he is already working on a film with Leo DiCaprio called Inception. But I have heard that him and his brother have already started writing the script for the third Batman.

Drazar
22nd Jun 2009, 05:28
Nolan s a 1 movie at a time guy, after Batman Begins he made The Prestige and only after Prestige he signed a contract for Batman Begins sequal.

Give it a rest. Just sit back and enjoy the incoming sci-fi action Inception from him!

KnowHowIGotTheseScars?
22nd Jun 2009, 05:31
Nolan s a 1 movie at a time guy, after Batman Begins he made The Prestige and only after Prestige he signed a contract for Batman Begins sequal.

Give it a rest. Just sit back and enjoy the incoming sci-fi action Inception from him!

Whats Inception about?

Drazar
22nd Jun 2009, 05:33
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/

You can just check imdb for time to time to see if theres any updates. It's sci-fi action for all we know atm.

Drazar
23rd Jun 2009, 16:51
http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=13973&count=0

Seems Johnny Depp would love to play as the Riddler.

curiousgerbil
23rd Jun 2009, 17:21
http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=13973&count=0

Seems Johnny Depp would love to play as the Riddler.

Nice find! I would love to see Depp play the riddler! If only they could convince Nolan.

Drazar
23rd Jun 2009, 17:34
Only way to top The Dark Knight is by getting an All +A Star cast for the movie, Johnny Depp would certainly raise the tables.

thedeadpool
23rd Jun 2009, 18:15
I would love to see the riddler

CodeBlack
23rd Jun 2009, 18:17
Only way to top The Dark Knight is by getting an All +A Star cast for the movie, Johnny Depp would certainly raise the tables.

All Star Cast =/= Good Movie. One thing I like about Nolan's Batman series is that he knows that very well.

On the topic of Spiderman 3, even though the movie wasn't all that great, I think it gets a lot more hate than it deserves. Same with X-Men 3, whose main crime seems to be that it wasn't anywhere near as good as the second movie.

Ryanodamonkey
23rd Jun 2009, 20:18
All Star Cast =/= Good Movie. One thing I like about Nolan's Batman series is that he knows that very well.

On the topic of Spiderman 3, even though the movie wasn't all that great, I think it gets a lot more hate than it deserves. Same with X-Men 3, whose main crime seems to be that it wasn't anywhere near as good as the second movie.

x-men 3's crime is that they didn't have a good enough story. I feel that the actors price tags and 'star factor' cost that film dearly. You could have used less well known actors and actresses and spent more on better writers and besides 60+ years of source material and they couldn't find a good story?....please.

They also managed to destroy (well make wimpy) the characters of the Juggernaut and Dark Phoenix.

Good Acting + Good Story + Entertainment = Good Film

Why So Serious ?
23rd Jun 2009, 21:25
http://girlsentertainmentnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/riddler.jpg

Ryanodamonkey
23rd Jun 2009, 21:30

WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT BAD BOY?! :eek:

Riddling Artist
23rd Jun 2009, 21:36

santa? the easter bunny? guy in a green suit? who are you?!

Drazar
23rd Jun 2009, 22:28
WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT BAD BOY?! :eek:

Its a fan made poster. It was done pretty soon after TDK.

WarrENDeatH
23rd Jun 2009, 22:35
Yeah thats really old. It's pretty sweet but old. IGN is becoming paranoid. They just created an article stating the people who could be the possible replacements for Nolan if he doesn't return. My possible replacement is nobody. I don't want them touching the Christian Bale Batman unless it's Nolan. Not to mention the people they listed, 2 or 3 of them are Harry Potter directors. WTF is up with that.

Drazar
23rd Jun 2009, 22:37
Whenever or not Nolan returns there will be a Batman 3. WB would never pass away that much money. :p I'm confident Nolan will return if they make a good story and receive great actors.

DarkKnightDanny
23rd Jun 2009, 22:51
indeed. even if nolan didnt return which i doubt he would, goyer would be suitable in my eyes. think they should just let goyer write the story on his own like in begins.

Drazar
23rd Jun 2009, 22:52
Goyer is a good story making, but the script he writes are filled with movie cliches and 1-liners that some don't really wish to see again. =p I think its the best (as what they ARE now doing) is have jonathan, chris and goyer work on the story as a team. Like they did with TDK.

Drazar
5th Jul 2009, 18:55
http://www.whois.net/whois/theshadowofthebatmovie.com

Warner Brothers' has acquired the rights for domain names such for "The Shadow of the Bat" name. >_>

EliteF50
5th Jul 2009, 18:57

Warner Brothers' has acquired the rights for domain names such for "The Shadow of the Bat" name. >_>

Dammit. :\ I was hoping for something with "Batman" in the title.

CaptainMcMulla
5th Jul 2009, 18:59

The first step to the sequel to TDK

Drazar
5th Jul 2009, 20:10
Well Warner Brothers does own DC tho on these things so it could also be something else. Like a direct to DvD animated movie or anything. <_>

Goodmangamerguy
6th Jul 2009, 00:29
Well, there were rumors that the villians could be Johnny Depp as The Riddler and Dustin Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin...but I hope Nolan still stays

The Joker 1
6th Jul 2009, 00:40
Well, Nolan wants to make other movies for now. I think he says lets give it a rest. He even said that he even didn't planned on making The Dark Knight, but he did it because he wanted to do a movie with The Joker, so. Well, lets hope he does it well. I think he's a Great! director. LÑets trust on him and wait for what he's going to do. And for the finale thing, lets respect how he finishes his movies. If a villain dies, then lets enjoy that scene. If a villain lives, lets wait for the other movie and watch him die. Or enjoy him being alive.

Hey, why not do this? Lets give a good idea of the next Batman movie. Plan something and send it to him. I plan the battle between The Joker and Batman:D

JawsFanJesse
6th Jul 2009, 00:58
let me guess joker falls from something tall huh

The Joker 1
6th Jul 2009, 01:46
let me guess joker falls from something tall huh

He,he! don't worry, i'll ask them if they can make the scene that when we see The Joker fall, we feel vertigo. Like the one in The Dark Knight. It was so good.

Gary_Bailey
6th Jul 2009, 05:25
I heard rumors at WB MovieWorld that one of the new characters would be Hugo Strange.

JawsFanJesse
6th Jul 2009, 05:50
He,he! don't worry, i'll ask them if they can make the scene that when we see The Joker fall, we feel vertigo. Like the one in The Dark Knight. It was so good.

Ha ha You Will Ask

Game Weasel
6th Jul 2009, 14:32
Yeah thats really old. It's pretty sweet but old. IGN is becoming paranoid. They just created an article stating the people who could be the possible replacements for Nolan if he doesn't return. My possible replacement is nobody. I don't want them touching the Christian Bale Batman unless it's Nolan. Not to mention the people they listed, 2 or 3 of them are Harry Potter directors. WTF is up with that.

Have you seen the Potter films?
The more recent ones (Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire, and Order of the Phoenix) are all rather dark and grim tales. Death abounds, children in peril, one of the nastiest and most abrupt villains to come out of revent fiction (this guy doesn't even gloat before killing someone. He kills them, is done with it, THEN he gloats after he's finished the assignment. No last minute rescue by a knight on a white horse for his victims!)
Additionally, both critics and viewers have loved all the HP films so far, and all three Director's who have been a part of the HP movies are all well received director's in the industry, who have all created numerous hit movies.

The only people who aren't happy with the HP films, generally, are the fans of the books. They get upset when something important from the books is left out of the movies; however, if you can look at just the films without comparing them to the books they're spawned from, they're all high quality films. Well acted, well directed, great costume and set design; all top-botch stuff.
If Nolan drops out I can't think of anyone I'd be more comfortable with taking over than someone like Alfonso Cuaron or David Yates.

The Joker 1
7th Jul 2009, 02:47
Ha ha You Will Ask

Yeah and you will help me.:D So as CaptainMcMulla,EliteF50, Killer Croc, Batfan08, Deadpool, Lunar, The Jedi Gurdian and Keir.:D The movie will be awesome.

Matches Malone
7th Jul 2009, 04:51
I have loved the franchise but honestly I would rather it get rebooted so we can have something closer to the comic books (without the boundaries of realism). I just want the Dark Knight Returns made into a movie and to be honest I wouldn't be pissed if Zach Snider did it, definitely wouldn't want Nolan doing it (as amazing as he is and he wouldn't do it anyway) I just want it to be true to the source material.

bouncybullet
7th Jul 2009, 05:53
Croc and Penguin