PDA

View Full Version : We demand some news!! What about E3/Dev Blog etc??

Pages : [1] 2 3

El_Bel
13th May 2009, 16:38
Thats right we demand them!!! :rasp:

We have been waiting, and waiting and waiting and waiting!! You cant say that we are not patience enough!!

Its time we see some news!! Some more concept arts, the new face of AJ, some screenshots and... A GAMEPLAY VIDEO :o

No seriously, we want to see a gameplay video. Just a room where you shoot some unarmed bad guys, so we can see how are the guns firing and reloading. An aug or two would be welcome!! Even more welcome it would be if we could see a dialog.

And we want it to be a forum exclusive!! We are here, everyday, and we want some kind of reward!!

If we dont get any news in two weeks, i quit!!

ps: I do not demand anything. I dont mean to be rude or something. This word was just a joke

SageSavage
13th May 2009, 17:08
I speel my dreeenk! Then I quit. That will show em!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
13th May 2009, 17:10
LMAO, those options are too funny! :D

Awww, I'm sure we won't have to wait too long now. :cool: (but please don't quote me... :whistle:)

WhatsHisFace
13th May 2009, 17:39
If we don't get news at E3, I am switching my loyalty to Ubisoft... as long as SplinterCell remains with the proper stealth model.

Sabretooth1
13th May 2009, 17:40
Relax, wait for E3, at least we know EM will be there. There'd better be more than another teaser video though.

WhatsHisFace
13th May 2009, 17:49
Relax, wait for E3, at least we know EM will be there. There'd better be more than another teaser video though.

Eidos Montreal's grand E3 showing will be a concept artwork of AJ's ashtray.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
13th May 2009, 17:55
If we don't get news at E3, I am switching my loyalty to Ubisoft... as long as SplinterCell remains with the proper stealth model.

Eidos Montreal's grand E3 showing will be a concept artwork of AJ's ashtray.

^
Both sound very good ideas! :D

Icky6
13th May 2009, 18:15
Hate to break it to you, but according to an interview by IGN,

"D'Astous wouldn't say anything further on the topic. But he did confirm that neither Thief 4 nor Deus Ex 3 would be on display at this year's E3 convention in Los Angeles. That leaves plenty of time for Eidos Montreal to get an earful from fans. "

I'll say. That really sucks.

WhatsHisFace
13th May 2009, 18:23
Deus Ex: Forever.

Ashpolt
13th May 2009, 18:58
Deus Ex: Forever.

Damn it, you beat me to it!

pha
13th May 2009, 19:45
Its time we see some news!! Some more concept arts, the new face of AJ, some screenshots and... A GAMEPLAY VIDEO :o

Yes please.

hem dazon 90
13th May 2009, 20:01
I had to vote choice 2

oww the fire it burnns!

seriouslt though yes news is good

hem dazon 90
13th May 2009, 20:02

thats another game with bugger all news on

erionfin
13th May 2009, 20:39

Ha, someone else waiting for these two games. :wave: My upcoming games list top 2:
#1 Deus Ex 3
#2 Splinter Cell: Conviction

Unstoppable
13th May 2009, 22:50
Hate to break it to you, but according to an interview by IGN,

"D'Astous wouldn't say anything further on the topic. But he did confirm that neither Thief 4 nor Deus Ex 3 would be on display at this year's E3 convention in Los Angeles. That leaves plenty of time for Eidos Montreal to get an earful from fans. "

I'll say. That really sucks.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/982/982148p1.html

He speaks truth look at the 6th paragraph. Pfft seems Eidos Montreal doesn't have enough people working on each project. Especially why would they announce Thief 4 when it's not even out of the concept stage unless they needed more people to be interested in working on the game.

Looks like we won't be seeing jack till fall. :hmm: Way to burst my bubble Eidos Montreal. Now I have less to look forward to for E3 2009. :hmm:

KSingh77
13th May 2009, 23:04
I want to see a concept art of Adam's ashtray.

Unstoppable
13th May 2009, 23:16
If anyone lives in Montreal I dare you to go hold up a sign and demand for news for Deus Ex 3 haha.

Jerion
13th May 2009, 23:36
If anyone lives in Montreal I dare you to go hold up a sign and demand for news for Deus Ex 3 haha.

If somebody is going to do anything of the sort, I suggest that you repel off the roof of the building and plaster it in a giant poster across one of the windows. Just a thought.

Unstoppable
13th May 2009, 23:49
Sadly I am a bit too far off to the south to do it ;D.

FrankCSIS
14th May 2009, 01:56
I was downtown last friday, eating out on a terrace, and felt compelled to check out their building. Stalking galore!

The DX 3 teaser is playing on loop in the entrance.

Reckon phase successful.

Next step: Demand cake. :cool:

Ninjerk
14th May 2009, 02:11
Sell Disney the IP and be done with it, imo.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th May 2009, 09:47
I am happy to wait really, makes things more exciting and builds upon anticipation. :D

SageSavage
14th May 2009, 10:12
makes things more exciting and builds upon anticipation. :D
Something I really, really want to avoid!

Gizmostuff
14th May 2009, 17:12
LMAO, those options are too funny! :D

Awww, I'm sure we won't have to wait too long now. :cool: (but please don't quote me... :whistle:)

Nope. You said it...I'm quoting it! It's gonna be in my signature :rasp:

Sell Disney the IP and be done with it, imo.

Hehe! Touché

I am happy to wait really, makes things more exciting and builds upon anticipation. :D

Bah! I am a patient man...but not that patient...

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th May 2009, 17:59
Nope. You said it...I'm quoting it! It's gonna be in my signature :rasp:

Bah! I am a patient man...but not that patient...

:D

Sorry, just trying to cheer you all up. :)

minigunmsg4
14th May 2009, 20:01
Alright people here is what is going to happen. The plan is that a small team of commandos rappel off the roof of eidos Montreal ( Vegas 2 style ) into the building. The team will then move through the building "eliminating threats" and search for screenshots, videos, concept art, and laptops that have any information on the game. The mission will be dangerous and its not for the weak at heart!! Whos with me?!

KSingh77
14th May 2009, 20:16
Then joker shows up and says:

It's all part of the plan.

Unstoppable
14th May 2009, 20:31
Lol you guys are funny. I prefer the dress up as a Eidos Montreal employee infiltration plan.

minigunmsg4
14th May 2009, 20:38
cmon people lets lock and load and get a move on!

pha
14th May 2009, 21:23
The team will then move through the building "eliminating threats" and search for screenshots, videos, concept art, and laptops that have any information on the game.

I'm beginning to wonder if there's even such a thing.

Abram730
14th May 2009, 22:54
The old ROV disguised as large stuffed animal should work... Simply wait till late night, move in into the offices and access the data.. Note on gift should read "from your adoring fans"lol

It worked for the Trojans.

KSingh77
15th May 2009, 00:40
I suggest sending in a Helghan soldier to give out free Killzone cupcakes,while he's doing that and distracting the employees we sneak by and inflitrate the the sercret area.Make sure have our up graded hack augment but of we will have that RTS/Command and Conquer type hacking.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th May 2009, 07:53
So, what date and time has this been arranged? I want to be there when the action begins! :D

GmanPro
15th May 2009, 09:09
The first rule of project Montreal is you do not talk about project Montreal

SageSavage
15th May 2009, 11:34
Each and every man under this command owes me one hundred Illuminati-scalps... and I want my scalps!

GmanPro
15th May 2009, 20:24
lol

VicMackey
15th May 2009, 22:21
Eidos has long since realized what a bomb they have on their hands. They've also realized that the less that is known about their game, the better off they are. Don't expect anything.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th May 2009, 22:35
^
Spoilsport. :rasp:

FrankCSIS
15th May 2009, 22:42
Here are the specs of the building I have so far:

The first floor has a never-ending fur store which I suspect belongs to Liberace.

Irate_Iguana
16th May 2009, 10:31
Here are the specs of the building I have so far:

The first floor has a never-ending fur store which I suspect belongs to Liberace.

Time for me to get my money back. The guy in the trench coat that sold me the map said that the fur store was on the second floor.

Tracer Tong
16th May 2009, 20:18
Okay, after infiltrating the building successfully (thanks, Unstoppable!) I have found the following information:

Rene likes to wear black shirts...

Unstoppable
16th May 2009, 20:44
I don't really know what's going on but hope to see something significant this year. The game should be looking half done by early next year and there might be some worth while screen shots. One thing is for sure and that is I am not gonna think about it that much that way the time flies by till there finally is something to see.

Jerion
16th May 2009, 21:33
There is a possible secondary infiltration point on the 5th floor.

LatwPIAT
17th May 2009, 19:31
Pssst! The door code is 0451!

TeKKMaRINE
17th May 2009, 20:06
The first rule of project Montreal is you do not talk about project Montreal

Thats a little obvious man!
We should change the name to Operation Sand Man or somthing ....

+1 For this mission btw!
Sir yes Sir!

I have NV goggles ! :naughty:

WhatsHisFace
18th May 2009, 21:31
I think Eidos feels the general consumer says this:

When I look forward to a game, nothing raises my hype like a complete media blackout.

When in reality, people are doing this:

...hey cool! Modern Warfare 2 announced! (never pays attention to DX3 again)

Ashpolt
18th May 2009, 21:59
^^ I honestly think you're giving them too much credit. This isn't a marketing strategy, it's "Crap, we haven't got anything to show!" or, even worse, "Crap, we haven't got anything to show except stuff which will piss the fanbase off even worse."

If, on the other hand, I'm wrong and this is a marketing strategy, then it's the worst marketing strategy I've ever heard. And this is coming from someone who works in marketing.

SemiAnonymous
18th May 2009, 22:40
It is possible that they actually listened to us and are reworking the game and removing aspects we dislike and adding stuff we wanted.

Hey, a guy can hope, yeah?

WhatsHisFace
19th May 2009, 03:16
It is possible that they actually listened to us and are reworking the game and removing aspects we dislike and adding stuff we wanted.

Hey, a guy can hope, yeah?

Hope springs eternal. I'd wait another three years for a Deus Ex 3 that deserves to be placed with the original.

SemiAnonymous
19th May 2009, 03:39
Hope springs eternal. I'd wait another three years for a Deus Ex 3 that deserves to be placed with the original.

It goes against my rather impatient nature, but I quite agree with this. Of course I'd rather the first attempt be the right one, but in this case...hell, as long as we get continuous info, I'd wait just as long, if not longer.

GmanPro
19th May 2009, 03:48

Me too. I could wait even longer actually

JCDentonMale
19th May 2009, 04:47
I think it's time to get some new informations. I just hope that's not becoming "Deus Ex for never"

Irate_Iguana
19th May 2009, 06:58

They would have told us if this was the case.

Abram730
19th May 2009, 08:11
Thats a little obvious man!
We should change the name to Operation Sand Man or somthing ....

+1 For this mission btw!
Sir yes Sir!

I have NV goggles ! :naughty:

I vote for operation cathode, 3 teams Charlie, Romeo, and Tango.

Irate_Iguana
19th May 2009, 09:05
I vote for operation cathode, 3 teams Charlie, Romeo, and Tango.

With teams Lima and Delta to replace Romeo and Tango if things go bad?

Anachronos
19th May 2009, 10:58
I really hope they show something good at E3. I would prefer if they show cryptic videos that shows the user the quality of work being put in the game but at the same time not giving too much information away.

I remember playing Deus Ex 3 after a friend brought it back from the States. I had only heard about the game since it was the time it was released but never gave too much attention to it since l was too busy playing Shogun:Total War from what l remember.

It seems to me that when you know too much about a game it ruins it a bit in a way.

imported_van_HellSing
19th May 2009, 11:12
I remember playing Deus Ex 3 after a friend brought it back from the States.

Whoa, dude :P

Ashpolt
19th May 2009, 11:16

This.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that I am happy to wait as long as it takes for a worthy sequel to Deus Ex...even if that means never getting such a game. I'd rather nothing than a substandard cash in.

DXeXodus
19th May 2009, 11:37
I'd rather (have) nothing than a substandard cash in.

I totally agree. I say let the game bubble away for as long as is necessary (Within limits of course) for it to be a great, bug-free game.

:eek: Nice

gamer0004
19th May 2009, 13:46
I totally agree. I say let the game bubble away for as long as is necessary (Within limits of course) for it to be a great, bug-free game.

Bugs aren't my biggest concern with DX3...

El_Bel
19th May 2009, 17:51
One more week. Who will join me when i quit the forum? :wave:

I mean we didnt even get a response! A timeline for when are we supposed to get some news! And DX3 is not going to be in E3!!

I mean what else is left to do in the forum? We need some things to talk about! 40 people voted god damn it! We want news and we want them now!

I want the next post to be from Rene, saying something about it.

Tracer Tong
19th May 2009, 21:14

Could you lend it to me for just a couple of days next week? I really forgot how it ended. :p

Sean D
19th May 2009, 21:44
Sounds like a big anachronism. Also, phrase of the year.

Tracer Tong
19th May 2009, 22:54
phrase of the year.

qft.

FrankCSIS
20th May 2009, 01:11
Tiiiiiiiiiiime has come,
We wiiiiiiiiiill not wait,
We storm
The gate
At daaaaaaawn

Unstoppable
20th May 2009, 01:59
lol @ Frank good one.

WhatsHisFace
20th May 2009, 02:34
Bugs aren't my biggest concern with DX3...

I was about to reply to that with the same thing. Deus Ex had plenty of bugs, including insta-death for people you "leaned" into. I'd much rather the "core experience" of the game be amazing, and have a buggy game (Morrowind) than a super-polished game that just isn't any fun to experience (James Bond: Nightfire).

derblaueClaus
20th May 2009, 09:40
Absolutely. Bugfixing is a lot easier than creating a whole new story or gameplay because the old ones are crap.

DXeXodus
20th May 2009, 11:07
The reason I mentioned bugs is because it is all I care to worry about right now until I know more about the game. Or even see some gameplay footage. I cannot stand a buggy game.

As for gameplay, graphics, mechanics, etc, I'm prepared to wait and see.

René
20th May 2009, 20:39
I want the next post to be from Rene, saying something about it.

Unfortunately we won't be showing the game at E3. We want to make sure that what we show when the time comes is completely polished and not random bits of stuff here and there. I know that doesn't help since it's been a long while since the last news so all I can say is sorry for now!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th May 2009, 23:43
Unfortunately we won't be showing the game at E3. We want to make sure that what we show when the time comes is completely polished and not random bits of stuff here and there.
Good for you, sounds like you're aiming high. :thumb:

I know that doesn't help since it's been a long while since the last news so all I can say is sorry for now!
No need to apologise. The devs should take all the time they need. You can't rush a masterpiece. :cool:

pha
21st May 2009, 07:12
No need to apologise. The devs should take all the time they need. You can't rush a masterpiece. :cool:

Some info would be relieving, but yes. I agree.

thomasaquinas
21st May 2009, 08:42
I think it's time to get some new informations. I just hope that's not becoming "Deus Ex for never"I hope it is.

imported_van_HellSing
21st May 2009, 09:57
Let me just say: no news is bad news.

DXeXodus
21st May 2009, 11:16
Not always.

imported_van_HellSing
21st May 2009, 11:26
In the case of game development? Always.

Irate_Iguana
21st May 2009, 12:11
We want to make sure that what we show when the time comes is completely polished and not random bits of stuff here and there.

This makes it sound like you'll be keeping the game under wraps until it is too late in the development cycle for the fans to given any amount of feedback on the game. There are a lot of questions coming from the community that could have been answered even without the game being completely polished, yet we are being ignored. Generally that does not bode well for a game.

InGroove2
21st May 2009, 17:16
Unfortunately we won't be showing the game at E3. We want to make sure that what we show when the time comes is completely polished and not random bits of stuff here and there. I know that doesn't help since it's been a long while since the last news so all I can say is sorry for now!

that's a kind of Catch 22 statement... in that EM's intention might be to present something that is concrete and therefore subject to less specualtion... but people will almost without a doubt see that as a way to sidestep the possibility that the forum folks would or will have any real impact on the game.

personally, i don't want to have too much impact... i've always perfered playing games witht he mindset of having an open mind and letting the developer define the parameters of the game world and the overall feel they're going for... as oppose to wanting it to fit into my small minded DX IS THE BEST THING EVER-box.

though... i really really want something new. a picture, ANYTHING

Sabretooth1
21st May 2009, 17:57
We want to make sure that what we show when the time comes is completely polished and not random bits of stuff here and there.

But I wanted to see Adam's ashtray so badly! :(

GmanPro
21st May 2009, 18:23
He uses his forehead as an ash tray

thomasaquinas
22nd May 2009, 11:16
But I wanted to see Adam's ashtray so badly! :(You can't yet. He hasn't finished putting the Deus Ex series into it.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
22nd May 2009, 13:23
You can't yet. He hasn't finished putting the Deus Ex series into it.

You think the series belongs in the ashtray? :eek: :D
So, you're not even a fan of the first game? That surprises me!
(PS. I can forgive you for not liking IW)... :whistle:

WhatsHisFace
22nd May 2009, 14:20

I don't think that's a good idea. Gears of War and Assassins Creed were shown in an incomplete state with bugs and all, but the existing games at that point were enough to generate a lot of good word-of-mouth and those games ended up selling multiple millions.

You should at least go the GTA4 route and show a scripted video to at least show off the art assets to start building interest/awareness early. Hold off too long and you have a release with other, more publicized games that will steal whatever thunder you were hoping you'd get from showing a final product (Perfect Dark Zero, for instance, did poorly as a launch title while the more publicized CoD2 sold twice as much.).

Snake04
22nd May 2009, 19:37
The reson for this thread is that i am going to buy a game by xmas my problem is i want dx3 but i am being taken away by fallout 3 so i need info on dx3 any info to keep on my target game dx3.

GmanPro
22nd May 2009, 19:53
Its not going to be out by Christmas so don't worry.

Sean D
22nd May 2009, 19:53
Look around you.

SemiAnonymous
22nd May 2009, 20:16
inb4fallout3sucks

also, it likely wont be out until next year, as mentioned above, so don't worry about it.

Jerion
22nd May 2009, 21:19
It's been confirmed the DX3 will not be released in 2009. So you're safe from worry, for now.

WhatsHisFace
23rd May 2009, 01:24
There is no info on dx3!!!!!!!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
23rd May 2009, 01:33
I think OP has got the message now. :D

FrankCSIS
23rd May 2009, 01:38
We should put it on the door, for future references.

Ye who enter, abandon all hopes of DX3 news.

rokstrombo
23rd May 2009, 03:58
You should try The Nameless Mod as well, because it kicks ass and it's free!

René
23rd May 2009, 04:06
Ye who enter, abandon all hopes of DX3 news.

Unfortunately this is true. We haven't released any info since the last round of magazines came out last winter. I can't confirm when we'll next be hearing more but I'm thinking about it every day since I know it's painful for the faithful here. As soon as I know for sure, it'll be posted here.

WhatsHisFace
23rd May 2009, 05:22
Unfortunately this is true. We haven't released any info since the last round of magazines came out last winter. I can't confirm when we'll next be hearing more but I'm thinking about it every day since I know it's painful for the faithful here. As soon as I know for sure, it'll be posted here.

I'm surprised you were honest, instead of saying "Stay tuned" or "Just wait a little longer" like you usually would.

FrankCSIS
23rd May 2009, 05:23
Hey I know I'm being a d"ck sometimes, comes with carrying one I guess, but for the record, I know it must be painful for you too, coming here and being restrained to silence. I'm sure you'd be thrilled to talk about what's going on, whatever stage the game is in.

That's why I'm genuinely concerned about announcing Thief so early on. Whoever decided to proceed as such really didn't make your job an easy task. You'd think one franchise of dedicated, caring fans left in the dark would be enough to chew on for a while.

GmanPro
23rd May 2009, 06:35
^^ Well, maybe they learned from their past mistake of announcing the game too early. And are just trying to play it safe.

Mezgrath
23rd May 2009, 06:50
The reson for this thread is that i am going to buy a game by xmas my problem is i want dx3 but i am being taken away by fallout 3 so i need info on dx3 any info to keep on my target game dx3.

Nice try, but still no info :hmm:

thomasaquinas
23rd May 2009, 07:27
You think the series belongs in the ashtray? :eek: :D
So, you're not even a fan of the first game? That surprises me!
(PS. I can forgive you for not liking IW)... :whistle:Haha, no, no the original is my favourite game, of course. It was a joke about my... less than stellar expectations for Deus Ex 3. Kind of similar to how people said Fallout 3 raped the original series.

imported_van_HellSing
23rd May 2009, 07:29
^^ Well, maybe they learned from their past mistake of announcing the game too early. And are just trying to play it safe.

*looks at "Thi4f"*

I don't think so.

GmanPro
23rd May 2009, 07:47
Hah. Good point.

Watch them roll out a massive amount of media tomorrow

Irate_Iguana
23rd May 2009, 10:31
Kind of similar to how people said Fallout 3 raped the original series.

You just had to bring that up. It still hurts, man.

gamer0004
23rd May 2009, 10:44
You just had to bring that up. It still hurts, man.

The worst thing is that developers and gamers from all over the world think the devs actually did a good job on F3 and Bioshock. Which means other devs are going to do it as well -> DX3.

rokstrombo
23rd May 2009, 12:38
I still laugh a little every time I read Thi4f :D. If that wasn't a joke, then may god have mercy on our souls!

gamer0004
23rd May 2009, 12:55
They wrote Deus Ex as Deus Sx too... And as far as I know that wasn't a joke.

TALLGEESE
23rd May 2009, 14:14
The worst thing is that developers and gamers from all over the world think the devs actually did a good job on F3 and Bioshock. Which means other devs are going to do it as well -> DX3.

i liked bioshock it was kinda challenging if you turned the vita-chambers off, but mainly i liked the setting. as for oblivi......i mean, fallout 3 i was so pissed that i gave my copy to a friend and went back to playing fallout 2.

i wonder what van buren would have been like?

Jerion
23rd May 2009, 14:46
They wrote Deus Ex as Deus Sx too... And as far as I know that wasn't a joke.

It's a little wordplay, er characterplay. Nothing wrong with having a little fun. And it's not the main logo/title so no damage done. :)

...Unlike that T4 business. What were they thinking?

AS for F3 and Bioshock, I can't say I liked Bioshock, but F3 was a good game in its own right. It's not anything super spectacular but it's not this abomination people make it out to be, IMO.

Laokin
23rd May 2009, 14:48
Originally Posted by René View Post

So in other words, Rene has become Joe Siegler and EM has become 3DRealms and DX3 has become DNF. Their mantra was no E3, no pictures, no information. It doesn't work.... so why follow the footsteps?

I officially quit this board.

Jerion
23rd May 2009, 14:49
I officially quit this board.

Well, suit yourself.

Snake04
23rd May 2009, 15:16
Man then when is dx3 gonna be out?

3nails4you
23rd May 2009, 16:07

2010, 2011, or 2012 :P

imported_van_HellSing
23rd May 2009, 16:38

So it's already that stage, huh?

Next info in a couple of months: On Hold.

Half a year later: Canceled.

Well either that, or the DNF "Dead Parrot" scenario.

And it's a pity, since I really was looking forward to the game, beside a few gripes.

Snake04
23rd May 2009, 16:48
Well i guess i better buy fallout 3 by xmas

3nails4you
23rd May 2009, 18:57
They AREN'T the only two games, you know...go to a gamestop or something, you do have options.

Snake04
23rd May 2009, 19:34
Oh it will be nice if you can name a few games that are fps/rpg

GmanPro
23rd May 2009, 19:39
System Shock 2 ... Unless you've already played it ... in which case, play it again!

GmanPro
23rd May 2009, 19:43
AS for F3 and Bioshock, I can't say I liked Bioshock, but F3 was a good game in its own right. It's not anything super spectacular but it's not this abomination people make it out to be, IMO.

I think it was an abomination.

It would have been over 9000x better if they had come to their senses and changed the title to "Wasteland" or something. I would actually be praising the game (and Bethesda) if they did that ... but I can never forgive Bethesda for FO3 now.

The worst thing is that they straight-up lied to us. They said it would be every bit a Fallout game. And that is one of the reasons I am concerned about DX3.

Ashpolt
23rd May 2009, 20:01
It would have been over 9000x better if they had come to their senses and changed the title to "Wasteland" or something.

Naming it after an even older game? And the game that spawned the Fallout series, no less? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasteland_(computer_game))

Tracer Tong
23rd May 2009, 20:22
Naming it after an even older game? And the game that spawned the Fallout series, no less? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasteland_(computer_game))

Epic coincidence.

FrankCSIS
23rd May 2009, 22:40
The most interesting part of that Wiki is the mention of a game called Mercenaries, Spies, and Private Eyes.

I don't know what that is, but I need to play it.

Sabretooth1
24th May 2009, 07:50
System Shock 2 as Gman said, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines is another good example, has a Deus Ex-ish feel to it. There's Bethesda's previous games in the Elder Scrolls series, Oblivion and Morrowind.

Irate_Iguana
24th May 2009, 10:06
The worst thing is that they straight-up lied to us.

Off-topic, but there is an hilarious article on the intertubes that lists all the promises Beth made during development of Oblivion. You can not believe the amount of lying going on.

Abram730
24th May 2009, 12:29
I liked FO3... I never played FO1or2 though.

As to not be disappointed in DX3 I'm only hoping for better then DX IW.

Snake04
24th May 2009, 12:41
Thanks guys

pha
24th May 2009, 13:01
I liked FO3... I never played FO1or2 though.

Figures. That's why you liked FO3.

Ninjerk
24th May 2009, 14:35
Figures. That's why you liked FO3.

That would imply that the game has some worth as a non-Fallout game.

imported_van_HellSing
24th May 2009, 15:53
As a non-fan of the previous Fallouts (and yes, I played them, just couldn't get into them), I liked Fallout 3. My friend, an avid fan of Fallout 1 & 2, also likes Fallout 3 even though it's not the same as the previous games. We both go "meh" at Bioshock.

pha
24th May 2009, 18:02
That would imply that the game has some worth as a non-Fallout game.

IMHO it does, albeit not much. And definitely not enough for all those best game of the year, best RPG of the year awards it has received.

lumpi
24th May 2009, 19:23

2012?

The year of the... APOCALYPSE?!?

imported_van_HellSing
24th May 2009, 19:44
When it's done, har har.

SquidPirate
24th May 2009, 22:03
Naturally I'm disappointed to hear that the game has been delayed a year, but let's face it: We want the game to be good, and if it needs more time for development/refinement then so be it. Hurts to say it, but let them take as long as they need.

I'll be here.

And even if it takes a REALLy long time, I am signed up for cryonics... so I hope to be around then too!

BlazeL
24th May 2009, 23:35

As a worst case scenario, i think we can calculate on that it willl came out side by side with DNF.

Hopefully not.

FrankCSIS
25th May 2009, 00:31
I'd be tempted to say it lacks a soul, but to avoid being too cliché and melodramatic I'll just say it lacks an identity. It's not that it's so bad (although it is quite broken, mechanically speaking), it's just that the game itself could've taken place in any setting, with similar results. It made absolutely no use of its relatively stunning environments, which, correctly supported, could've brought the entire Fallout world to a whole new level. It's difficult to understand how it can fail this much, considering the means and resources at their disposition.

It's such a drastic change from the previous installments, which had so much depth you didn't even need the background graphics to game the story. I think the whole thing could've been set on a black screen and give a similar effect. That's what it was, Story Gaming©.

SquidPirate
25th May 2009, 00:41
You know, it's interesting how perspectives differ. I enjoyed Fallout 3 very much, and I did play FO1 and FO2. I found it to be a well-realized layered experienced.

Opinions vary.

FrankCSIS
25th May 2009, 00:52
I think it's experiences and immersion that vary, more than opinions.

I'm the kind of guy that gets sucked into a story the moment there is one, even when it's borderline terrible. Fallout, especially Fallout 2, takes an eternity to start, but when it does, if you stuck around for a while, good hell does it suck you in like an industrial vacuum cleaner. The game, experience, and world, were unique, and provided an unforgettable experience, so long as you allowed it to get to you.

To say that none of this happened with F3 speaks for itself. It's not the 3d, it's not the company change, it's not the dubious mechanics that did it for me, it's the fact that, despite being prepared to abandon myself to it, I found nothing. The experience is just so devastatingly empty, it makes it all very difficult to understand and accept.

Ninjerk
25th May 2009, 05:20
IMHO it does, albeit not much. And definitely not enough for all those best game of the year, best RPG of the year awards it has received.

I don't remember the contenders, but those distinctions are relative. It could very well be, albeit sadly, both the best game of the year and the best RPG of the year. What it really didn't deserve was all of the perfect reviews. I cannot get over how everything IGN pointed out as strengths in the game were exactly what was wrong with it.

K^2
25th May 2009, 07:14
When it's done.

Kombatdoctr of Atheism
25th May 2009, 07:37
Come on, the game was announced two years ago, and all we've got is two screen shots, a little information, and some concept art.. there's got to be SOMETHING that can be shown at E3.. please..?:(

Bono
25th May 2009, 08:17
That's the conspiracy.

Sabretooth1
25th May 2009, 09:34
Naturally I'm disappointed to hear that the game has been delayed a year, but let's face it: We want the game to be good, and if it needs more time for development/refinement then so be it. Hurts to say it, but let them take as long as they need.

I'll be here.

And even if it takes a REALLy long time, I am signed up for cryonics... so I hope to be around then too!

Game has been delayed by a year? I don't know, there was never a release date announced in the beginning and I always thought it was going to release in 2010, judging by the development model EM had described back when they were founded.

SquidPirate
25th May 2009, 13:20
While there was never an official release date, early statements were gearing for a mid-2009 release. Now the FAQs here confirm 2010.

René
25th May 2009, 13:23
That's why I'm genuinely concerned about announcing Thief so early on..

Among other reasons, I think one of the big ones was that since we're still a relatively new studio, we have to grow the second dev team around the core team that already exists. Unlike other studios with multiple existing teams that can transition from project to project smoothly, we have to build the other team first! Finally announcing that our second game is Thief should assist in attracting great talent!

rokstrombo
25th May 2009, 13:56
When I first read about Deus Ex 3, I was surprised that 2009 was even a possibility as it seemed relatively close. I'm not sure what date this was, I think it was around the time when the Deus Ex 3 forum was hosted on the Eidos Montréal web site.

Dead-Eye
25th May 2009, 22:37
So lets just get this straight there will be nothing shown at E3 this year?

Spyhopping
25th May 2009, 22:43
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=88998&page=2

Doesn't look like it for DX3. Would be nice if us lot got some info some time this year though! ;)

Spyhopping
25th May 2009, 22:50
..Finally announcing that our second game is Thief should assist in attracting great talent!

Tackling two very big names! It should produce crossovers of attention for both projects too. There seems to be a fair bit of attention for Thief even at this stage, and hopefully some of that large number will become aware of DX3 and show an interest.

KSingh77
25th May 2009, 22:55
Dx3,won't be coming next year or the year after that but Final Fantasy 22 is coming out in 2018 and there's already gameplay vids.

Jerion
25th May 2009, 23:39
Since EM won't be showing DX3 at E3 and GDC Canada is over, it would be a prime time to unveil this blog of theirs.

FrankCSIS
25th May 2009, 23:43
Among other reasons, I think one of the big ones was that since we're still a relatively new studio, we have to grow the second dev team around the core team that already exists. Unlike other studios with multiple existing teams that can transition from project to project smoothly, we have to build the other team first! Finally announcing that our second game is Thief should assist in attracting great talent!

It does make sense from several points of view, including team recruitment and reputation establishment. I'm just a little worried about the potential backlash of announcing a title and setting up a board so early, especially if communications end up being scarce in a later stage of development. It's all new and exciting now, but 18 months from now, if there is as little to show as is the case for DX, I don't think you're going to like it here! Thief has a larger following, and this one is even more conservative about the type of game they're looking for.

It's already fairly clear that you won't invest this much time and resources on an exploration and stealth game, even though this is the only demand you will find on the board you just set up. We haven't seen its kind in years, exploration has been steadily eliminated and replaced with action in stealth games, something the core base is not interested in. I suspect the studio's aspirations for the title will not go well with the people who answered the call so far. Eventually, along with the first declarations and interviews, this will become clear to everyone. Couple this with a general lack of news for several months, and you might find the reaction somewhat harsher than what you generally get on the DX board.

Hence my concern for your well-being of announcing it so early and prepping/rallying the community ;)

SemiAnonymous
26th May 2009, 01:56
Officially, no. It would make for a nice surprise appearance, though.

Unstoppable
26th May 2009, 03:29
They're not gonna show anything till it's ready. Prob won't see anything till late 2009 or early 2010.

Unstoppable
26th May 2009, 03:59
Snake you might want to get Fallout 3 for the PC instead of the PS 3 as you can get the download content and the mods on the PC. The PS 3 doesn't have the download content nor any mods for Fallout 3. Make sure you'll be able to run it on your PC well however. If not then it's the PS 3.

WhatsHisFace
26th May 2009, 04:51
Considering the engine, this game probably won't compare well graphically in 2010. :(

imported_van_HellSing
26th May 2009, 06:11
Or the other way around. With D'Astous' comments from the Thi4f interview, it's starting to look like they're considering release on a new generation of consoles. Hmm,extensive engine hacking? Remind anyone of anything?

Irate_Iguana
26th May 2009, 06:42
Considering the engine, this game probably won't compare well graphically in 2010. :(

Probably the least of my concerns. I still play Fallout and Deus Ex. As long as the gameplay is solid I can live with outdated graphics. However the gameplay has me worried. :hmm:

Ashpolt
26th May 2009, 08:53
Probably the least of my concerns. I still play Fallout and Deus Ex. As long as the gameplay is solid I can live with outdated graphics.

Agreed in principle, but....if all I care about is gameplay, then I'll just play the original Deus Ex. I think we can all agree DX3 won't top the original in gameplay terms, so as far as I'm concerned it better have lovely pretty graphics for me to stare at. If it has sub-DX1 gameplay and not particularly special graphics, what appeal will it have?

DXeXodus
26th May 2009, 11:24
That may be true, but what we are looking for is not better graphics (well, some of us at least), rather, we want more of the DX experience. I have played DX1 more times than I care to remember so I am looking for more of that. Therefore graphics aren't that important. Quite frankly I am very happy that they are not using some shiny, high-tech bloom obsessed engine as this would only serve to distract the development team from making the core gaming experience perfect. Heck, if they announced that they were using the Unreal Engine 1.0 I'd probably be even happier :)

Spyhopping
26th May 2009, 12:06
I think lighting, colour and the style they use will be important, but realistic graphics aren't my concern either. I'm more concerned about the story and character development, two crucial things for me when I really want to enjoy a game.

Frog
26th May 2009, 16:20
no E3 showing?

:(

2 years into the dev cycle and still really nothing to show!

WhatsHisFace
26th May 2009, 16:51
Probably the least of my concerns. I still play Fallout and Deus Ex. As long as the gameplay is solid I can live with outdated graphics. However the gameplay has me worried. :hmm:

That's exactly my point. Deus Ex 3 is going to be a shooter. It's release date is getting pushed back to presumably after Rage, which will debut the new engine from id Software (which is known for raising the graphical bar.)

With generic gameplay and standard graphics, nothing will make this game stand out, and it will get massively overlooked.

gamer0004
26th May 2009, 16:56
Don't you think DX3 deserves to be overlooked if it features nothing that's actually good and yet destorys the franchise (even more)?

WhatsHisFace
26th May 2009, 17:00
Absolutely. The general "who care's about the old people who liked Deus Ex?" mentality of the development team, coupled with the "who cares about new people who want DX3 media?" has to make this one of the worst games as far as publicity and positive-hype goes.

Who knows? Maybe the complete blackout and lengthy delay mean that they're going back to the drawing board on several of this game's features. That would be nice.

pha
26th May 2009, 21:18
How I wish...

dixieflatline
26th May 2009, 22:08
I think a big reason for the "blackout" is simply that they aren't that far into the development process. I think it will be a long time yet before we get to see any video footage or screenshots.

SemiAnonymous
26th May 2009, 22:43
I think a big reason for the "blackout" is simply that they aren't that far into the development process. I think it will be a long time yet before we get to see any video footage or screenshots.

Maybe a year ago, that would have worked. The game has simply been in development for too long for gameplay and images to not exist. Thats why I personally support the theory that its being reworked and has simply been taken back to the drawing board.

Ashpolt
26th May 2009, 23:09
Maybe a year ago, that would have worked. The game has simply been in development for too long for gameplay and images to not exist.

Not to mention there was enough already in place for Mr. K to actually play the game when he visited the studios a few months ago, and Rene said a while back that they had 3 hours or so of solid, playable code.

FrankCSIS
27th May 2009, 00:22
Not to mention there was enough already in place for Mr. K to actually play the game when he visited the studios a few months ago

Unless it was all a dream

Kombatdoctr of Atheism
27th May 2009, 05:56
Unless it was all a dream

Or maybe he got taken hostage by the Illuminati and managed to escape and used that as a cover up so no one would know what really happened.

Dustpuppydude
27th May 2009, 06:21
René: I trust you've been able to find yourself a place within the organization?
Mr. K: I'm personally overseeing the distribution of visit information, but it'll still take months to restore interest in this game - we'll have to arrange for additional videos and web sites in Europe... maybe the US as well.
René: All through the proper intermediaries, of course.
Mr. K: Intermediaries?
René: We have a great number of... agencies, who in turn operate other agencies. Boxes stacked one in another. They'll need to be reactivated, but we never reveal anything directly. We only influence. Suggest. Insinuate.
Mr. K: The world must know by now, René. What we've done.
René: Know what? Only that the long night is over. The crown of Eidos is tarnished - but that will fade in time. The boards, a fever dream; the PCZone article, a horrible nightmare; and like everything else that's happened such things will only be dimly remembered upon waking to their normal lives. In the end, all sins are forgiven. Even yours.
Mr. K: What about (deleted)... and the (deleted)?
René: Do you really think they're ready for that? After everything you've seen, everything you've done?
Mr. K: [long pause] No. Not yet.
René: But soon. We have made our own mistakes, became insulated from the world we sought to control. And whatever they may think, the night is far from over. But that will change, and you will help us change even as we teach you. This time - this time we will do it right.
Mr. K: And who are we? Who are we really?
René: We are the Invisible Hand. We are the Illuminati. We come before and after. We are forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the day.

DXeXodus
27th May 2009, 11:14
Hehe :D Awesome.

But I also remember René mentioning that there was 3 hours of complete gameplay available already. Heck, if this game is nearly as much like COD4 as most of the pessimists think it will be then thats nearly a complete game!

Snake04
27th May 2009, 16:25
Snake you might want to get Fallout 3 for the PC instead of the PS 3 as you can get the download content and the mods on the PC. The PS 3 doesn't have the download content nor any mods for Fallout 3. Make sure you'll be able to run it on your PC well however. If not then it's the PS 3.

Well I Have To Get Fallout 3 On The PS3 Yes I Dont Get DLC But I Have A Crap Pc And My Laptop Wont Run It Plus I Am Used To My PS3 I Only Use My Laptop For Deus Ex.

FrankCSIS
28th May 2009, 01:20
If I put all your capital letters together, will I get a secret message?

WhatsHisFace
28th May 2009, 04:52
If I put all your capital letters together, will I get a secret message?

Maybe there will be a bonus punctuation mark, so that the post will make sense.

VicMackey
28th May 2009, 05:04
I don't know why anyone would want new info in the first place. Every new info release is like a gut punch. I'd personally have been much happier if I had been allowed to imagine that Eidos wasn't going to screw this game up right up to the release date, rather than having that fantasy destroyed when it was.

WhatsHisFace
28th May 2009, 05:33
Would you really want to suffer the disappointment of thinking they were giving a Deus Ex-style game a 4/10 and saying "You might as well just play Call of Duty?" I'm happier knowing where this game is going now... so I can... "plan around it."

René
29th May 2009, 14:35
I liked COD4, but it is a linear shooter with a 6 hour singleplayer campaign, mostly focused around its multiplayer features.

DX3 is a singleplayer-only action/RPG. True they both have health regen (though they're not identical systems) but other than shooting bad guys, that's about all they share. DX3 has a large and layered story, characters to meet and interact with, missions to choose or reject, character progression and modification, weapon customization, multiple solutions to gameplay puzzles/objectives, non-linear levels, consequences to your actions, etc. etc.

Thanks.

Ashpolt
29th May 2009, 14:51
I liked COD4, but it is a linear shooter with a 6 hour singleplayer campaign, mostly focused around its multiplayer features.

DX3 is a singleplayer-only action/RPG. True they both have health regen (though they're not identical systems) but other than shooting bad guys, that's about all they share.

Tacit confirmation that, despite hopes, the lack of new information doesn't suggest they're listening to feedback and changing the health system to something non-passive?

pha
29th May 2009, 15:08
Ours was just a naive fantasy anyway.

Ashpolt
29th May 2009, 15:25
Ours was just a naive fantasy anyway.

Yeah....it would be a stupid decision for developers to actually listen to the fans.

[EDIT] Love your sig, btw.

pha
29th May 2009, 15:47
They do listen to their fans. Only a studio filled with greed, idiocy and incompetence would ignore its community.

It's a known fact that those who dislike health regen are only 0.000034 % of the Deus Ex community, elitist-hardcore-virgin-four-eyed-nerds living in their parents' basements who can't be reasoned with, and only will be happy with a 1:1 copy of Deus Ex 1, who want DX3 to be exactly like it, including the UT1 engine, DX7 graphics, and skill point bugs.

We can never be made happy. We are nothing, we are disposable, we are negligible. Every Deus Ex fan except us, (99.999966 %) are totally in love with health regen. They see wet dreams of regenerating health every night. They want to be SHOWERED with free health in combat. They'll buy the game especially for this feature. And this game will top the charts for all available platforms in its first week, breaking Bikini Karate Babes' impressive record.

Blade_hunter
29th May 2009, 19:38
Depends I think they hear us but not for all decisions, Some persons suggested a cover system and we got that cover system in the game, some persons suggested some mecha modifications and we got that to the game, some persons suggested the prequel, we got the prequel, some persons said the health regen is a crap but we got that already.
Some persons wanted a character close to JC denton, physically, and Adam seems to look like him in some ways ...

They hear us but it depends about perhaps if it fits with the game director of Deus Ex 3, I'm half / half optimist / pessimist, but I think it depends about the tastes of everyone I see some guys that are very happy with the direction of the game; some others very unpleased and some others in between ...

I think Eidos hear the community but not for everything.

My thoughts about that it's it depends how some things are good or bad for the game and how much they got an impact to the game.

About the Health regen, many persons would prefer a non passive system rather than an automatic, to have a solution in between that could satisfy perhaps a greater number of persons. the ones that like health regen system for the unlimited supplies and the others that want to keep their health management and control ...

I think Deus Ex should Evolve, but it depends what direction the game would take, I don't know if some persons who would keep the gameplay unchanged that thinks :
If a developing team would change something it will be always worse (they thinks often about the DX IW fiasco).
Deus Ex is Deus Ex and if we change something it needs to change its name whatever the changes the dev team will do ...
The game is suffice by itself and changing something is completely idiot.

Rare are the games when they made a sequel they didn't change anything, some games have positive changes and some others negative, but it depends about what we like or what we don't like, and some times the name of the game got some influence ...

dixieflatline
29th May 2009, 22:14
Title of the thread pretty much says it all.

I'll be a bit worried if EM doesn't show anything of the game at E3. Hopefully they at least have some small morsel of information.

Anyone know or hear of anything either way?

imported_van_HellSing
29th May 2009, 22:24
Not at E3. And neither is Thief 4 Thiaf. Check René's posts for confirmation.

dixieflatline
29th May 2009, 22:52
That sucks.

Okay thanks for the info. Didn't see Rene's post earlier.

SemiAnonymous
30th May 2009, 04:36
I'm not willing to give up hope for a surprise appearance, that'd be pretty damn nice. But, I expect no such thing. Hope, yes. Expect, no.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th May 2009, 19:49
Yeah, its a no-show at E3. But I'm glad of it, personally, I don't want to see anything until it is polished and brilliant.
The devs can take another two years if they want... I think I can hold out for that length of time. :cool:

steelle
31st May 2009, 07:55
Why does it say on Eidos Montreal's Twitter that they will have 5 delegates at E3? What reason do they have to be there if they aren't showing DX3 or Thief 4? Or are they just not showing anything new?

Jerion
31st May 2009, 08:11
Why does it say on Eidos Montreal's Twitter that they will have 5 delegates at E3? What reason do they have to be there if they aren't showing DX3 or Thief 4? Or are they just not showing anything new?

Keeping up on the rest of the industry I guess. Most studios send at least a couple reps to E3, AFAIK. Although, it is slightly suspicious that 5 of them are going.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
31st May 2009, 08:41
EM have 3 other titles: Batman, Just Cause 2 and Mini Ninjas, so I expect they are promoting these. :)

imported_van_HellSing
31st May 2009, 09:07
That's Eidos as a publisher, not Eidos Montreal the developer studio.

dark_angel_7
31st May 2009, 11:31
EM have 3 other titles: Batman, Just Cause 2 and Mini Ninjas, so I expect they are promoting these. :)

You mean Eidos, not Eidos Montreal, is showing Batman (as well as Warner Bros.), Mini Ninjas with IO interactive & Just Casue 2 with Avalanche Studio (JC2 is behind closed doors).

Lady_Of_The_Vine
31st May 2009, 15:34
Oh right, yes. Well, I guess the company is all connected, so they are still busy promoting the said games. :)

Tracer Tong
31st May 2009, 20:22
:( :(

WhatsHisFace
1st Jun 2009, 01:50
We won't see anything on Deus Ex 3 for a long, long time.

Jerion
1st Jun 2009, 02:05

If they aren't going to start the new series of press releases until late 2009, then we probably won't hear anything too revealing about the game itself until mid-late Q3. That doesn't stop DNF, I mean the dev blog from going up between now and then though.

WhatsHisFace
1st Jun 2009, 05:17
Ah yes, the Dev Blog. I think we'll have about one of those before the game comes out. Probably right before release. :rasp:

Jerion
1st Jun 2009, 07:29
O_o

http://e3.gamespot.com/e3-expo-map/?tag=content_nav;showfloor

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/Zeoman1001/Picture10-12.png

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Jun 2009, 07:46

Good, good. You can't rush a masterpiece. :p

O_o

Thanks, MrK :thumb:

Irate_Iguana
1st Jun 2009, 08:30

Information for fans =/= rushing a masterpiece.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Jun 2009, 08:47
Yes, in otherwords, further information withheld until EM are ready to disclose. :p

That's fair enough... isn't it? :)

WhatsHisFace
1st Jun 2009, 14:46
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71A6HXD095L._SL500_AA280_.gif
The mods hate how I always sound negative. But I'm just posting this to clear up the myth that games that take forever have a better chance of turning out better.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Jun 2009, 15:59
LOL, I hope you enjoyed the show. :D

FrankCSIS
1st Jun 2009, 22:21
O_o

So is gamespot as confused as the rest of us?

This might be a sign there's a little nag within the communication dept, guys ;)

serrath
2nd Jun 2009, 06:19
To the contrary, it's been announced that DX3 will make an appearance...

http://www.gameblog.fr/interview_86_eidos-montreal-et-le-defi-deus-ex-3

G. : Bien, finissons peut-être par une question toute simple... Est-ce qu'on va en découvrir plus sur Deus Ex 3 * l'E3 prochain ?

S. d'A. : Ha ! Oui ! On peut pas laisser tout le monde en haleine ! On travaille, André, moi-même et le producteur, David, sur un plan de communication qui va assurément avoir des déclenchements d'ici la fin de l'année. On veut faire les choses comme il faut, on veut que les assets qui seront rendus publics soient de première qualité, on n'a pas de marge d'erreur. Mais, oui, on promet * nos fans de Deus Ex qu'il y aura des nouveautés ! Mais ce qui est important aussi, c'est que nous avons rapatrié tout le contrôle de ce qui est community management (gestion de la communauté, ndlr), ici, * Montréal. On veut sincèrement être près du consommateur, près de nos fans, on veut les écouter. On a un forum déj* en opération, on va bientôt avoir un blog, une boutique où acheter des produits Deus Ex...

A. V. : On écoute vraiment nos fans, contrairement peut-être * la plupart des productions qui sont managées par les "sièges sociaux", entre guillemets. Un peu * l'exemple de ce que peut faire Blizzard, qui sont proches de leurs consommateurs. On fait vraiment attention * tout ça. Nous mêmes, on est des fans de Deus Ex ! On sait qu'on n'a pas le droit * l'erreur... On a vraiment mesuré le pour et le contre, et ce qu'on essaie d'apporter * cette franchise.

That's the part you'll find interesting. He goes on to suggest that Thief 4 will be presented as well.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Jun 2009, 06:55
Oooooh! :eek:

Can someone please translate to English!! :)

SemiAnonymous
2nd Jun 2009, 07:02
G. : Well, maybe finish with a very simple question ... Are they going to find out more about Deus Ex 3 at E3 next?

S. A.. : Ha! Yes! We can not leave everyone in suspense! It works, Andrew, myself and the producer, David, on a communication plan that will surely be triggered by the end of the year. We want to do things properly, we want the assets to be made public are first class, there was no margin for error. But, yes, we promised our fans of Deus Ex that we have some! But what is important is that we have returned full control of what is community management (community management, ed), here in Montreal. We sincerely want to be close to the consumer, close to our fans, we want to listen. We have a forum already in operation, we will soon have a blog, a store where buy Deus Ex ..

A. V. : We really listen to our fans, unlike perhaps most productions that are managed by the "headquarters" in quotation marks. A little example of what can Blizzard, who are close to their customers. We really care about that. Ourselves, we are fans of Deus Ex! We know we have no right to be wrong ... It was really measured the pros and cons, and what is trying to bring to this franchise.

Nothing really new here, shame. They do mention the blog again, though...
EDIT: Misread, Deus Ex 3 at E3. Here's hoping for that trailer!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Jun 2009, 07:17
Thank you. :)
Yeah, lets hope we get a new trailer!

imported_van_HellSing
2nd Jun 2009, 07:21
People, check the date on that article. :rolleyes:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Jun 2009, 07:30
:eek:

:(

dark_angel_7
2nd Jun 2009, 11:41
Hmmm....I'm sure I remember posting that article a while back. But Eidos have already said the only things they're showing are Batman: AA, Mini Ninjas and Just Cause 2. Would be great to see something of DX3 but I won't be getting my hopes up.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Jun 2009, 11:44
Yeah, let's calm down! :D

SemiAnonymous
2nd Jun 2009, 15:05
Drat.

Oh well, thats that.

finc.Loki
2nd Jun 2009, 15:41
So we can then be certain that Deus EX 3 won't be out until lat 2010.

E3 has game on display that is coming out in spring 2010 like Alan Wake.

So either I'm right and it will be forever until release or they simply have nothing to show for.

Really retarded for them to say in earlier times that they will be at E3 and then show F all for us, no new news.

Hell even Crysis 2 was there and they didn't even have a trailer.

Weak I say, who cares about the other crap games they are publishing.
Deus Ex 3 and Thief are the bread and butter for Eidos now.

There need to be a little more hype for this game or it will fly under the radar and NO ONE will care but a tiny fan base when they need to compete with Big names out there.

dark_angel_7
2nd Jun 2009, 16:05
In-case anyone was still in doubt then you can check Square Enix's report which also has no mention of DX3 or T4.

http://release.square-enix.com/jpn/news/2009/06/sbpl37j0s.html

Also dont worry finc.Loki, I always used to think the same but Eidos usually deliver all the goods in time ;) They just have a habit of keeping us waiting.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Jun 2009, 16:27
Dare I say it (looks around nervously)...

*cough* "Sometimes good things come to those who wait"... ;) :cool:

dark_angel_7
2nd Jun 2009, 16:48
^ Hehe :D They sure do. Well at least DX fans get some goodies, poor Hitman fans have been waiting for Hitman 5 for years and have had nothing. And we all know this game will be ready for 2010 so they'll be getting the hype machine ready no doubt towards the end of the year.

Irate_Iguana
2nd Jun 2009, 17:04
Well at least DX fans get some goodies, poor Hitman fans have been waiting for Hitman 5 for years and have had nothing.

A sort of confirmation that another title is in the works. The odd thing is that Hitman was a pretty consistent series. A new game roughly every two years. This latest title seems to have been in development for ages. I'm guessing they are running out of ideas.

dark_angel_7
2nd Jun 2009, 17:10
A sort of confirmation that another title is in the works. The odd thing is that Hitman was a pretty consistent series. A new game roughly every two years. This latest title seems to have been in development for ages. I'm guessing they are running out of ideas.

Well, I lie we did get some pieces of news but all of them pretty much say "Hitman 5 is in development". I just hope that once Mini Ninjas is out we get some screen shots or something. But there definitely will be a Hitman 5. Wouldn't mind K&L 2 news but I miss Agent 47. :o

IOOI
2nd Jun 2009, 18:33
So we can then be certain that Deus EX 3 won't be out until lat 2010.

E3 has game on display that is coming out in spring 2010 like Alan Wake.

So either I'm right and it will be forever until release or they simply have nothing to show for.

Really retarded for them to say in earlier times that they will be at E3 and then show F all for us, no new news.

Hell even Crysis 2 was there and they didn't even have a trailer.

Weak I say, who cares about the other crap games they are publishing.
Deus Ex 3 and Thief are the bread and butter for Eidos now.

There need to be a little more hype for this game or it will fly under the radar and NO ONE will care but a tiny fan base when they need to compete with Big names out there.

Aren't Tomb Raider and Hitman the bread and butter for Eidos
? I've always thought that Deus Ex wasn't that big of a title, though there is this opportunity to make it more "mainstream" (or it will be forgotten).

Oh, and about E3, if there isn't nothing new to present about Deus Ex 3, I just hope that they release some exclusive screenshots here, in the forums.

imported_van_HellSing
2nd Jun 2009, 19:27
I just hope that they release some exclusive screenshots here, in the forums.

That's a good one :lol:

IOOI
2nd Jun 2009, 19:46
That's a good one :lol:

I can wish, can I?:(
*cries in the corner*

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Jun 2009, 19:52
I can wish, can I?:(
*cries in the corner*

Hehe, of course you can wish. I do. ;)

Don't let anyone make you cry! :group_hug:

Spyhopping
2nd Jun 2009, 20:07

Yeah! Enough publicity and a lot of people should realise that DX is the kind of game they want to play.

But as much as I hate it, it is a good idea to launch something outstanding and innovative in one go. Better to have your name stamped on any innovations than to let them gradually trickle out. It's still really frustrating though- for the fans they already have.

IOOI
2nd Jun 2009, 21:32
Hehe, of course you can wish. I do. ;)

Don't let anyone make you cry! :group_hug:

j/k :D
We'll probably se some info at Q3 09.

If they dropped some screenshots here... Oh man, oh man!
Keeping in mind the last time we saw some screenshots... I don't think they will release screenshots here... probably in some other foreign site or in a magazine.

SageSavage
2nd Jun 2009, 22:20
Keeping in mind the last time we saw some screenshots... I don't think they will release screenshots here... probably in some other foreign site or in a magazine.

I really wouldn't wonder, which is strange.

imported_van_HellSing
2nd Jun 2009, 22:29
Yeah, the Ion Storm guys used to drop exclusive screenshots of Thief 3 during the production, and generally some of them were posting quite regularily. Here we're lucky if we get a a post from René once in a blue moon.

Malah
3rd Jun 2009, 00:19
I hope they won't do to it what Ubisoft did to SC with Splinter Cell: The Bourne Conviction.

No more "passive stealth". Thank god I didn't buy the Splinter Cell games because I wanted to sneak around in the shadows :mad2:

.. where's that .. oh, found it

http://i40.tinypic.com/29ly0rq.jpg

Spyhopping
3rd Jun 2009, 00:50
Even if DX3 is amazing and Thief 4 is perfect- they're never going to live down Thi4f are they? ;)

GmanPro
3rd Jun 2009, 00:57
I'll send them a cake with that image ^^ iced onto it. ;)

thomasaquinas
3rd Jun 2009, 02:15
Yeah, the Ion Storm guys used to drop exclusive screenshots of Thief 3 during the production, and generally some of them were posting quite regularily. Here we're lucky if we get a a post from René once in a blue moon.All during and after the IW ****storm, no less. And they weren't posts from someone the developers pay to interact with the community so that they don't have to either - it was programmers, artists, the like.

Who ever thought we'd be praising Ion's post-Deus Ex attitude towards fans?

Hah!

Shows you how bad things really are.

serrath
3rd Jun 2009, 06:17
Sorry, figured you'd see "oui" and get "Yes, it's at E3" out of that.

Here's a Google translation of the entire interview:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gameblog.fr%2Finterview_86_eidos-montreal-et-le-defi-deus-ex-3&sl=fr&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Edit: That article is dated April 23, 2009.
I doubt it's outdated already.

serrath
3rd Jun 2009, 06:33

It's expected to come out sometime before Duke Nukem: Forever.

serrath
3rd Jun 2009, 06:35

What's changed since the article here http://www.gameblog.fr/interview_86_eidos-montreal-et-le-defi-deus-ex-3 that's preventing you from presenting Deus Ex 3 at E3?

Edit: Is this in any way involved with Square Enix?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Jun 2009, 07:15
Jokes aside, I guess it will come out when it is done. :)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Jun 2009, 07:19
Even if DX3 is amazing and Thief 4 is perfect- they're never going to live down Thi4f are they? ;)

Yeah, I expect they will laugh much about it.
But if DX3 is amazing and Thief 4 is perfect - they will have a lot to feel proud about. So good luck to them. :thumb:

imported_van_HellSing
3rd Jun 2009, 08:21
That article is dated April 23, 2009.
I doubt it's outdated already.

Look, hate to crush your dreams but

Oh yes it is.

[Stephane D'Astous] did confirm that neither Thief 4 nor Deus Ex 3 would be on display at this year's E3 convention in Los Angeles.

May 12 http://pc.ign.com/articles/982/982148p1.html

We want to make sure that what is shown for the first time blows people away so we're not going to rush it. I know people would like to see it for E3 but there are numerous big events throughout the year, not just E3 in June, so we'll see!

May 14 http://ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126646

Tracer Tong
3rd Jun 2009, 08:54
look, hate to crush your dreams but

oh yes it is.

may 12 http://pc.ign.com/articles/982/982148p1.html

may 14 http://ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126646

:( :( :(

serrath
3rd Jun 2009, 16:33
Look, hate to crush your dreams but

Oh yes it is.

May 12 http://pc.ign.com/articles/982/982148p1.html

May 14 http://ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126646

Yeah, I just did some hunting and found the May 12 article you posted. I wonder what changed.

serrath
3rd Jun 2009, 16:37
Jokes aside, I guess it will come out when it is done. :)

Or significantly later for free publicity from fanboys whining, "But when can we have it?!?!11"

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Jun 2009, 17:11
Yeah, true. :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Jun 2009, 17:24
What's changed since the article here http://www.gameblog.fr/interview_86_eidos-montreal-et-le-defi-deus-ex-3 that's preventing you from presenting Deus Ex 3 at E3?

Edit: Is this in any way involved with Square Enix?

No, nothing to do with Square.

Rene explained earlier in this thread:

IH-Denton
3rd Jun 2009, 18:20
notice the release date appeared on gamespot
http://www.gamespot.com/search.html?qs=deus%2Bex%2B3&tag=relatedsearch;1

its September 2010 And is that all big news from E3? :)

imported_van_HellSing
3rd Jun 2009, 19:00
The date is pure fiction on behalf of gamespot so they can do preorders. Happens all the time.

serrath
3rd Jun 2009, 23:47
No, nothing to do with Square.

Rene explained earlier in this thread:

But what else changed between those two dates?

Usually if you're just over a month out of your presentation saying, "Yes, oh boy do we have something to show you!" you don't change your mind and say, "Nah, we don't want you to see it 'til it's shinier." Something must have changed in the development (possibly something taken out?) or in the management strategy (which is why I figured Square Enix).

steelle
4th Jun 2009, 03:26
The date is pure fiction on behalf of gamespot so they can do preorders. Happens all the time.

I think you are confusing Gamespot and Gamestop.

SemiAnonymous
4th Jun 2009, 04:24
notice the release date appeared on gamespot
http://www.gamespot.com/search.html?qs=deus%2Bex%2B3&tag=relatedsearch;1

its September 2010 And is that all big news from E3? :)

likely faked but...maybe?

TeKKMaRINE
4th Jun 2009, 10:48
Dam 2010 September is a long time away......
Isn't there any chance of letting us at least know at which stage of game development you guys are at?

I guess I will have to try and satisfy my gaming needs with Modern Warfare II, ME2, Max Payne 3 and Assassins Creed 2. :gamer:

Jerion
4th Jun 2009, 18:40
The date is pure fiction.

Ditto. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a release date very similar to the original DX (late June 2010). Pure speculation though.

Cryotank
5th Jun 2009, 08:13
I shouldnt have hoped for E3:confused:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Jun 2009, 08:18
I shouldnt have hoped for E3:confused:

Awww, sorry. :group_hug:

Guess it isn't a shock for most of us as we were informed that there would be a no-show this year.

K^2
5th Jun 2009, 08:42
Crazy conspiracy time.

Square Enix has twisted Eidos' arm into showing DX3 and Thiaf at TGS instead.

Trust me, this makes more sense then my other theories. Lets just say that extraterrestrial beings are involved.