PDA

View Full Version : We demand some news!! What about E3/Dev Blog etc??

Pages : 1 2 [3]

thomasaquinas
15th Jul 2009, 12:19
Some people on this board will worry no matter what EM says. :)

^^ Too true
Yes, because as we all know, companies in the business of making money are, by nature, freely open about all their internal hardships - disclosing everything while never, ever embarking on any kind of damage control whatsoever! They're here to make games before money and are always 100% truthful about all things at all times! WWhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

It must be great to live in your world.

dark_angel_7
15th Jul 2009, 12:55
^

Lol. :D

Ninjerk
15th Jul 2009, 14:07
Pass the cough syrup, bro.

Jerion
15th Jul 2009, 17:07
It must be great to live in your world.

It is rather great to live in my world, accepting that some people worry no matter what. It's a much happier (and calmer) existence when I don't have to deliver snarky replies to beat on positive outlooks. :)

Malah
15th Jul 2009, 17:20
It is rather great to live in my world, accepting that some people worry no matter what. It's a much happier (and calmer) existence when I don't have to deliver snarky replies to beat on positive outlooks. :)

That's because this forum already has someone doing that (- the snarkyness). :rolleyes:

You're just posting stuff off your cue cards. You should post them all. Then you can actually contribute to a discussion instead of derailing it and making everyone wonder what your cryptic (albeit useless) posts mean.

Gizmostuff
15th Jul 2009, 17:58
What exactly is the purpose of this thread? It seems to me that all that it has brought is an attack on each other. It certainly hasn't made EM want to respond about any kind of news. I don't like to speculate but I don't think we will be hearing from them for a while. This thread brings nothing but false hope and should be closed.

AaronJ
15th Jul 2009, 18:01
Anyone who doesn't come to this board to search through all these pages would absolutely think this game is cancelled.

Jerion
15th Jul 2009, 18:52
That's because this forum already has someone doing that (- the snarkyness). :rolleyes:

Point! :D

You're just posting stuff off your cue cards. You should post them all. Then you can actually contribute to a discussion instead of derailing it and making everyone wonder what your cryptic (albeit useless) posts mean.

No cue cards, and though I'm guilty of teasing with some cryptically useless posts, I try to contribute when the topic is something that interests me. Not my fault if people analyze my posts word-for-word.

Anyone who doesn't come to this board to search through all these pages would absolutely think this game is cancelled.

The fact that this board still exists is a pretty huge hint that it's not canceled.

gamer0004
15th Jul 2009, 19:12
Point! :D

No cue cards, and though I'm guilty of teasing with some cryptically useless posts, I try to contribute when the topic is something that interests me. Not my fault if people analyze my posts word-for-word.

The fact that this board still exists is a pretty huge hint that it's not canceled.

These things exist for years... PlanetDeusEx hasn't been updated for years (there isn't a webmaster anymore) and yet the forums are still active...

imported_van_HellSing
15th Jul 2009, 19:28
pining for the fnords itt

InGroove2
15th Jul 2009, 19:53
These things exist for years... PlanetDeusEx hasn't been updated for years (there isn't a webmaster anymore) and yet the forums are still active...

yes, but that's in independent forum... not one associatred with the current developer of the title... not exactly the same thing. no?

gamer0004
15th Jul 2009, 19:57
yes, but that's in independent forum... not one associatred with the current developer of the title... not exactly the same thing. no?

Nope. But many website remain online even if the original owners (i.e. EM) don't exist anymore.

Ashpolt
15th Jul 2009, 20:02
The Duke Nukem Forever forum's still active... (http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)

René
15th Jul 2009, 20:09

And if they did search, they would see me repeatedly saying "No, it's not." :wave:

InGroove2
15th Jul 2009, 20:46
And if they did search, they would see me repeatedly saying "No, it's not." :wave:

but you know... even the works "no it's not cancelled" leaves room for specualtion.

i mean, why did you phrase it just like that? "no" first? is that NO it's not cancelled. or NO it IS cancelled? like calling a small guy, "big guy" type thing. and "it's not cancelled".... sounds suspiciously like.. it MIGHT be cancelled but you just can't say it. i mean, NO, it is NOT cancelled, is vague....

imported_van_HellSing
15th Jul 2009, 20:51

Ello, Mister Polly Parrot! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218)

SageSavage
15th Jul 2009, 20:53
Exactly, it's definately canceled! I KNEW IT!

René
15th Jul 2009, 21:01
Holy conspiracy theorists, Batman!

imported_van_HellSing
15th Jul 2009, 21:04

What forum did you think you were on? :P

Batman... so Deus Axed 3's demise has something to do with Arkham Asylum then, eh?

René
15th Jul 2009, 21:08
http://patrickstack.com/images/2008/04/a-winner-is-you1.gif

Jerion
15th Jul 2009, 21:11
:lol::lol::lol:

Lemme grab my trenchcoat, pistol, and mini-crossbow. Somebody needs to fight this conspiracy.

InGroove2
15th Jul 2009, 21:11

someone hit up alex jones, ask him what the state of DX3 is.. i'm sure he knows.

my guess is that he'll say they're telling us it's going to happen, but show us that it's not, because they want to confuse the public, with mass mind manipulation and create an air opf secrecy around the whole company in order to create panic and the weakness to start chipping away at our civil liberties until EM is invaded by a false flag terror operation perpetrated by our own CIA after which martial law will be declared and they start imprisoning veteran DX forum posters one by one, with no evidence, calling the 'enemy combatants' and calling the game a national security threat and enslaving teh DX fanbase so they can satiate us with sloppy, dumbed down games that numb ouyr minds and our emotions. then they're going to implant chips in our writsts so that they can track the movements and gaming habits of all DX forumers and know when we're replaying the original DX so taht they can come arrest THOSE players as security risks.

the DX forum and it's fanbase will be victims of the satanic lizard conspiracy, with global DX fan enslavement as its primary objective.

InGroove2
15th Jul 2009, 21:26
:lol::lol::lol:

Lemme grab my trenchcoat, pistol, and mini-crossbow. Somebody needs to fight this conspiracy.

if AJ is right that they're gonna start matial law... the DX fanbase will be the oddest militia ever... everyone will have "personalized methods of completing mission objectives"

imagine the newpapers...."PC video game militia tranquilize large portions of the advancing national guard, while half of them enter the police station through vents. Lead by a French canadian fellow named only RENE, this militia seems to prefer non-lethal methods of defeating the NWO national guard though some of them are heard ocmplaining that it's so hard to find what they call a "RPG" which they claim is ONLY for blowing open doors and taking down UN robots. Another favored weapon is the riot prod. Many in this militia can be found crouching behind crates and discussing political philosophy in monotone tenor voices to bartenders."

René
15th Jul 2009, 21:27
If only Real Life(tm) had QuickSave and AutoLoad options.

Jerion
15th Jul 2009, 21:33

If only. Makes things more intense without them though.

imported_van_HellSing
15th Jul 2009, 21:35
Well at least we have medkits.

InGroove2
15th Jul 2009, 21:42
If only. Makes things more intense without them though.

haha... THIS might be the only situation where these core DX fans BEG for auto health regen...

OHH!!H!H!H!H!H!!!!

Malah
15th Jul 2009, 21:44

Luckily some people have hacked the software to compensate for the lack of options. Reincarnation 1.0 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reincarnation)

It's still a work in progress, though.

René
15th Jul 2009, 22:08
Well at least we have medkits.

That made me laugh. :)

Gizmostuff
15th Jul 2009, 23:34
haha... THIS might be the only situation where these core DX fans BEG for auto health regen...

OHH!!H!H!H!H!H!!!!

I'd rather die...That's just me though :)

pha
15th Jul 2009, 23:35
Not just you.

thomasaquinas
16th Jul 2009, 06:45
Whether you're being optimistic or pessimistic, you're still being equally biased. It's a moot point anyway. It isn't really pessimism. Is it factually accurate to say that companies disclose information about their internal hardships when a product is in trouble? Of course it isn't. The difference here is not one of bias, it's that some of us are actually concerned with determining what the "truth" is, while others are more concerned about constructing a different version of reality that sits more comfortably with how they want things to be.

I don't get it. If the future of the title were in doubt would would you expect the publisher to tell EM to come out and tell everyone about it?

The fact that this board still exists is a pretty huge hint that it's not canceled.Uh, no it isn't. If the game were indeed cancelled, all this would indicate is that they haven't made the formal press release about it yet, which often happens months after being placed on "indefinite hold". They'd probably not be bothered to remove it for even a few weeks after formally announcing it's cancellation, actually.

That made me laugh. :)That's nice. The majority of Deus Ex fans don't find it funny, however.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
16th Jul 2009, 08:15
^^ thommy, try not to worry so much. Chill a little. What will be will be, huh?

That's nice. The majority of Deus Ex fans don't find it funny, however.

and here... you need to let a little humour into your iife. :D

What exactly is the purpose of this thread? It seems to me that all that it has brought is an attack on each other. It certainly hasn't made EM want to respond about any kind of news. I don't like to speculate but I don't think we will be hearing from them for a while. This thread brings nothing but false hope and should be closed.

I agree. So its closed. :thumb: